PDA

View Full Version : Usain Bolt is ungodly

SeanTaylorRIP
08-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Won the world championships today in the 100m with a new world record of 9.58 besting his WR from the Olympics last year of 9.69. He still looked back and slowed it down the last 10m of the race. The guy is flat out inhuman. A guy 6-5" shouldn't be a great sprinter. I absolutely believe with the way he is getting out of the blocks now that if he continues to improve center and runs all the way through the line the guy can run in the 9.3's. It's incomprehensible to be honest. Big props though to Tyson *** for running an American World record of 9.71 and having the fastest time in history not including Usain Bolt times. I actually think that the 200m finals later this week will be absolutely epic. I think Tyson *** is even better in the 200. Tyson *** has a better shot at the 200 because the fact that he's a superior turn runner, and has incomparable top end speed and turnover. Still Bolt will probably shatter his own record again but don't be surprised if Tyson makes it close if Bolt doesn't run his best.

jballa838
08-16-2009, 03:07 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Usain goes 18 point in the 200. *** is a great turn runner, but Bolt's top speed is unreal.

RaiderNation
08-16-2009, 03:11 PM
I see it allready.... BREAKING NEWS: Al Davis signs track star Usain Bolt to a 5 years, $58 million contract..... God I love Al

SeanTaylorRIP
08-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I see it allready.... BREAKING NEWS: Al Davis signs track star Usain Bolt to a 5 years, $58 million contract..... God I love Al

Hah Bolt, DHB, Mcfadden, and JLH or Justin Miller would be a sick relay team.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Usain goes 18 point in the 200. *** is a great turn runner, but Bolt's top speed is unreal.

I can actually see *** running down Bolt in a 200 if Bolt doesn't keep his foot on the pedal until at least the last 15 meters, *** has the best turnover and top end speed IMO, Bolt is just such a long strider. I think if *** would make improvements in his start on the 100 like Bolt has done, he could be a lot closer than he is right now. Still though Bolt seems like he's never really run a complete race.

RaiderNation
08-16-2009, 03:32 PM

Id bet money on them to win at the Olympics

SeanTaylorRIP
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
BTW I hate the new rule which will be put in place starting next year. Any false start and you are eliminated. This will really damper on runners going for world records. You always will have a bit of delay as in the past runners have been able to really hit the gun when they were given at least 1 false start to the field. I hate the change. I do understand the reason though. Having to re-start really ruins your rhythm.

Sniper
08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
9.58 is ridiculous,

JLaw45
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
As a Jamaican, this news has pretty much been all over my house. I've got to say I'm proud-he's reppin' the homeland pretty damn well.

fenikz
08-16-2009, 03:59 PM

http://www.nypost.com/photos/galleries/entertainment/20090216_sexy_roles/photo33.jpg

JLaw45
08-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Here's the video:
VpWmv0UJIi8

Brent
08-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Why "ungodly"? He's not god-like? Is he sinful/wicked?

CashmoneyDrew
08-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Cause he makes it look as easy as sin.

ChezPower4
08-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Bolt is just unfair

tjsunstein
08-16-2009, 05:37 PM
What would his time be if he actually ran hard all the way through instead of letting up? The world will never know.

StackJaxx
08-16-2009, 05:40 PM
What would his time be if he actually ran hard all the way through instead of letting up? The world will never know.
for that to happen, someone would have to actually challenge him.
can he race a car or a cheetah or jordyzzz?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-16-2009, 05:55 PM
zzSpPaCIG0g

Philliez01
08-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Just wait till Alan Webb, with Alberto Salazar as his coach, goes after Hicham El-Guerroj's mile record.

Gay Ork Wang
08-20-2009, 01:38 PM

Holy. *************. ****.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
This is unreal. I never thought he could shave .11 seconds off of that time this year. He had no business running that time. Tyson *** dropped out so he had no competition, I thought he wouldn't go for it, but damn he ran hard through the whole race and just blew the world record away. Even if Tyson was healthy and in this race I think the best he can run is mid 19.4's, but Usain once he does more work on his turn running I think he could threaten near 19 flat, which is just inhumane. Unreal. When MJ ran a 19.32 in the 96 Atlanta games I thought no one would ever touch his record. And to think Usain hasn't even had a regular season as he has been recovering from that foot injury in the car accident he was in. If he starts running more 400's, and upping his cardio, his 200 time could be that much better. Now his last 5 championship races have been world records, incredible. Expect him to set his 3rd record of the championships later this week as the Jamaican relay team should break there record from last year as long as Asafa runs that good last leg.

CC.SD
08-20-2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.nypost.com/photos/galleries/entertainment/20090216_sexy_roles/photo33.jpg

She can be on my relay team eh, wink wink nudge nudge.

I feel terrible for Tyson...he is the world's fastest, except for this alien creature that has come out of nowhere.

Brent
08-20-2009, 02:18 PM
vjHQZ2VNUyw

SeanTaylorRIP
08-20-2009, 02:20 PM
She can be on my relay team eh, wink wink nudge nudge.

I feel terrible for Tyson...he is the world's fastest, except for this alien creature that has come out of nowhere.

It's so funny watching this. It was from the World Championships in 2007 just 2 years ago and Usain struggles to run a 19.91. But since then he has gotten taller and so much stronger:

4cZX1qBf4x8

E-Man
08-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Dayummmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CashmoneyDrew
08-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Never been someone else more appropriately named.

Sniper
08-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Sweet. *******. Jesus.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-20-2009, 03:04 PM
So in 5 years when it comes out that he was juiced up when he did it, will anyone be shocked?

the decider13
08-20-2009, 03:07 PM

Prince Fielder? No, Bolt is still a better name. But Fielder is pretty good.

CC.SD
08-20-2009, 03:20 PM

what if he was named Insane Bolt.

CashmoneyDrew
08-20-2009, 03:21 PM
what if he was named Insane Bolt.

Hmmmm, maybe. Someone should find out the meaning of the name Usain.

Sniper
08-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Hmmmm, maybe. Someone should find out the meaning of the name Usain.

************.answers.com/Q/Usain_what_does_it_mean

Apparently Wikipedi-a is a censored word.

Usain in Arabic means "Good Boy" or "Good Looking Boy". Asafa (somewhere in Africa) means "Rise to the Occasion". It should be noted however that Jamaicans have no problem inventing names; especially girl names.

E-Man
08-20-2009, 03:50 PM
So in 5 years when it comes out that he was juiced up when he did it, will anyone be shocked?

No I wouldn't. I really hope that isn't the case, but track and field has had many doping problems this decade to be overlooked. Most guys who have run sub 9.8 100m have tested positive for some type of PED. I'm hoping that he's legit, but it's not entirely out of the question that he's on something.

no bare feet
08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I think he is eating his Wheaties.

Brent
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
They test at the events, now. At least that is what they were saying on the broadcast.

M.O.T.H.
08-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah it's stupid but, I just want to see him on a football field running some fly routes. Just once. haha.

wicket
08-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah it's stupid but, I just want to see him on a football field running some fly routes. Just once. haha.

we all thought about it

Nalej
08-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Bolt is abusing God's cheat code. No one should be that fast

08-20-2009, 08:54 PM
we all thought about it

Yeah you're not a fan if you've never thought of Jay Cutler(before he was traded) dropping back and throwing a deep bomb to the guy 12 yards behind the coverage.

That's usually when I creamed my pants.

sweetness34
08-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Scary thing is he's still very young and he can get faster. The man is just a freak of nature. I agree with Ghetto, if he has a chance to have a year of training without injury, who knows what he's capable of. 19.00? 9.3 100M?

******* crazy.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Scary thing is he's still very young and he can get faster. The man is just a freak of nature. I agree with Ghetto, if he has a chance to have a year of training without injury, who knows what he's capable of. 19.00? 9.3 100M?

******* crazy.

I think a 19 flat 200 is much more reachable than a 9.3 100. With his 200 I see so many more places where he could improve. First would be conditioning. If he can get into running 400's with regularity it would give him that finishing kick in the last 20 meters that right now he has to fight to. Then there are the minor tweaks like getting out of the blocks and hugging closer to the inside of his lane on the turn. I really think sub 19.10 is very possible for him. Shaving more time off his 100 will be tough to do. I'll never rule out anything with Bolt though, lol. I honestly though don't think he's juicing. He was already fast as hell as a 20 year old and as he got taller and filled out his body he just took a step into a whole new galaxy. He's great for the sport of track and field. Jamaica now though is clearly the king of sprints on both the men and women's side of the field.

jballa838
08-20-2009, 10:50 PM
honestly, he could probably run a 43 second 400 pretty easily if he worked at it. We may be witnessing the greatest runner since prefontaine. The worst part is, the sports America used to dominate are being taken over by other countries because their best athletes all play that sport. Think about it. If you are an amazing athlete in america, you dont run track and field, you go play football or basketball, not soccer. We have come to a point in society where we forget about the truest of all forms of athletic competition until Justin Gatlin starts pumping the juice and breaking world records. Why isnt Jeffrey Demps, a 10.0 18 year old a couple years a go running track anymore? Football. Why isnt the fastest 300 hurdler in high school history running the quarter hurdles? Football. You can't honestly tell me Calvin Johnson would not be a sub 10 100 runner if he worked at it. But lets face it, until Track and Field blows up more in America, we will start to lose at it. How many people in America know about the rivalry between Jeremy Wariner and LaShawn Merritt in the 400 meters? What about Trindon Holliday vs. Jacoby Ford in the NCAA 100 meter dash? And does anyone even know who Will Claye is?

TACKLE
08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
The thing is, how can you compare the experience of playing in front of 80-90 thousand people every week. Also, there is the whole $$$$$ factor.

trkaline
08-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I think a 19 flat 200 is much more reachable than a 9.3 100. With his 200 I see so many more places where he could improve. First would be conditioning. If he can get into running 400's with regularity it would give him that finishing kick in the last 20 meters that right now he has to fight to. Then there are the minor tweaks like getting out of the blocks and hugging closer to the inside of his lane on the turn. I really think sub 19.10 is very possible for him. Shaving more time off his 100 will be tough to do. I'll never rule out anything with Bolt though, lol. I honestly though don't think he's juicing. He was already fast as hell as a 20 year old and as he got taller and filled out his body he just took a step into a whole new galaxy. He's great for the sport of track and field. Jamaica now though is clearly the king of sprints on both the men and women's side of the field.

And Bobsledding.

jballa838
08-20-2009, 11:33 PM
The thing is, how can you compare the experience of playing in front of 80-90 thousand people every week. Also, there is the whole $$$$$ factor.
I wasn't trying to imply that all. In fact I agree with you 100%. Idk, I think America needs to overhaul its MLS thing to a Multi-Nation thing, North America cities. And for track, I dont know how they could make that more popular, other than have it be professional and actually mean something. This race was in Germany. Why not put a temporary surface down in the LA Coliseum and sell tickets to it? I would love to go.

Hollywood
08-20-2009, 11:43 PM
All time greatest athlete of our lifetime IMO.

aNYtitan
08-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Its because he is named Bolt, how can a guy with that last name lose?

08-21-2009, 12:20 AM
All time greatest athlete of our lifetime IMO.

That's a good point. Let's not compare across sports for now, but in track and field, could he be the best ever? He's not just winning every race. He is destroying his competition. It would be like the Steelers playing single A HS football in a weak football state. It just isn't fair. I'm no track history expert, but is there anyone else who's been able to do that? To consistently blow his competition away and set world records? Because he is unreal. And success against the people they're up against is IMO the most important part of cross-era comparisons.

He's competing against people who get the same advantages of training that he does. Obviously in decades past, training was nowhere near the level it's at today, so IMO it's not fair to compare raw time data from different eras to today. But you can certainly compare what is happening against the field. And I've never seen anyone, in any sport do what Bolt is doing.

Hollywood
08-21-2009, 12:28 AM

In track and field they test directly before and after every single event.

Caddy
08-21-2009, 01:47 AM
He is an absolute freak.

Him winning the 100m in the Olympic games was my favourite moment of those games and I hope he is there in 2012 to do it again.

jballa838
08-21-2009, 12:23 PM
That's a good point. Let's not compare across sports for now, but in track and field, could he be the best ever? He's not just winning every race. He is destroying his competition. It would be like the Steelers playing single A HS football in a weak football state. It just isn't fair. I'm no track history expert, but is there anyone else who's been able to do that? To consistently blow his competition away and set world records? Because he is unreal. And success against the people they're up against is IMO the most important part of cross-era comparisons.

He's competing against people who get the same advantages of training that he does. Obviously in decades past, training was nowhere near the level it's at today, so IMO it's not fair to compare raw time data from different eras to today. But you can certainly compare what is happening against the field. And I've never seen anyone, in any sport do what Bolt is doing.
Michael Johnson and Steve Prefontaine are the only two who were as dominant as Bolt was. Johnson was the best 400m runner ever, who could run a 200 just as good. And Prefontaine broke the 2 mile high school record as a senior by 8 seconds. he won 120 of the 153 races he ran and set american records in the 2000 to the 10000 leading up to his tragic death before the 1976 olympics.
EDIT: There is 7 events between the 2000 and the 10000.

jared
08-21-2009, 12:51 PM
In track and field they test directly before and after every single event.

Marion Jones technically never failed a test. But she admitted PED use years after the fact. It's called cycling for a reason. According to the NYT:

"Jamaica does not have an independent, out-of-competition testing program for its athletes, nor has it joined the Caribbean Regional Anti-Doping Organization."

He's a great runner and all, but too many top people have been nailed for doping. The whole sport is rightfully under a cloud of suspicion. For Bolt to come along and completely destroy the competition and shatter world records, well.... I can't help but be suspicious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/20/sports/olympics/20sprinters.html?pagewanted=1

SeanTaylorRIP
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Until he is proven to have used anything, you have to give him all the credit in the world and assume he's clean. Michael Johnson dominated just like this and I thought he was juiced, but he wasn't.

wicket
08-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Until he is proven to have used anything, you have to give him all the credit in the world and assume he's clean. Michael Johnson dominated just like this and I thought he was juiced, but he wasn't.

yeah and his stride wasnt even that good. usain at least has great technique as well

SeanTaylorRIP
08-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Usain as a 19 year old was already the 2nd fastest man on the planet behind Tyson *** and since then he has grown 2 inches, filled out his body, and worked on technique. I never expected him to be this ridiculously fast, but as a 19 year old I knew he would soon be the fastest man on the planet. Everyone in the track world knew this.

wicket
08-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Usain as a 19 year old was already the 2nd fastest man on the planet behind Tyson *** and since then he has grown 2 inches, filled out his body, and worked on technique. I never expected him to be this ridiculously fast, but as a 19 year old I knew he would soon be the fastest man on the planet. Everyone in the track world knew this.

you do know that asafa powell was the fastest man at that moment right

SeanTaylorRIP
08-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Asafa Powell was a bum. He ran near record times in circuit races, but never even placed 2nd in a championship. The best individual medal Powell has ever gotten is a couple of Bronze's in the 100 in a couple world championships including this year. Asafa Powell never has and never will medal individually in an Olympic games. Tyson *** was ranked the top sprinter since early 2006 especially with Justin Gatlin's times being wiped out. I will give Powell credit though for being the best anchor leg runner in the world on relays in the 4x100. Also Asafa only runs the 1.

jballa838
08-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Im sure he was talking about the 200, because most people in track didnt think Usain could get out of the blocks fast enough for the 1, and Justin Gatlin was also faster than G at that time too.

EDIT: Guess not. I see what he is saying and I agree with STRIP.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Hah Usain should just try to break the 400m record. He ran a 45.3 when he was 15 years old in a junior tournament and earlier this year ran a 45.5 in Kingston when he decided to run for conditioning after having not trained for it ever. I think with work he could get close to Warriner and maybe Merritt. Still though there is no way he can compete in all 3 so this is very unlikely. Ideally to go for the 400 he would have to drop the 100 and focus on the 2 and 4, but there is no way he will drop the 100 as it's the premier race in all of track and field.

jballa838
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Hah Usain should just try to break the 400m record. He ran a 45.3 when he was 15 years old in a junior tournament and earlier this year ran a 45.5 in Kingston when he decided to run for conditioning after having not trained for it ever. I think with work he could get close to Warriner and maybe Merritt. Still though there is no way he can compete in all 3 so this is very unlikely. Ideally to go for the 400 he would have to drop the 100 and focus on the 2 and 4, but there is no way he will drop the 100 as it's the premier race in all of track and field.
plus, 400 training is a lot more vigoruous than training for the 100. And I might be the Minority that still believe that Jeremy Wariner can beat Wariner at the 2010 world's. He should have never left Clyde Hart though, that was his biggest mistake. I mean since he started training with Ford, he is yet to crack 44, which he was doing in Osaka right before the switch.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-21-2009, 07:34 PM
You mean Wariner beating Meritt? But yeah I still think Meritt is a much better runner than him and will now be beating Wariner in every major meet. Merritt is just a stronger runner with better 200 time. Wariner has been smart to get back with Clyde, but I just don't think he has enough strength to ever run down Meritt at the end. Even if he hits it harder in the first 300 he won't have the gas to run him down from behind. It would help him though to have a good semifinal run and start inside of Merritt.

Xonraider
08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
2nd place a Panamanian... representin' ;)

SeanTaylorRIP
08-22-2009, 09:38 AM
2nd place a Panamanian... representin' ;)

Yeah he came in about 3 hours after Bolt.

iowatreat54
08-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Wait, doesn't the title of "ungodly" mean that Bolt is in fact human?

Xonraider
08-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah he came in about 3 hours after Bolt.

Yeah about .5 seconds

jballa838
08-22-2009, 11:00 AM
You mean Wariner beating Meritt? But yeah I still think Meritt is a much better runner than him and will now be beating Wariner in every major meet. Merritt is just a stronger runner with better 200 time. Wariner has been smart to get back with Clyde, but I just don't think he has enough strength to ever run down Meritt at the end. Even if he hits it harder in the first 300 he won't have the gas to run him down from behind. It would help him though to have a good semifinal run and start inside of Merritt.
Meritt looks so huge, compared to Wariner's 6'1 155 frame. Wariner would have to win the first 300 like he used to a couple years a go. Wariner's Osaka 400 was one of the best I had ever seen from someone not named Michael Johnson.

DeathbyStat
08-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't know if someone allready posted this but a track expert on ESPN calcalated that he would run a 3.82 forty

bernbabybern820
08-22-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't know if someone allready posted this but a track expert on ESPN calcalated that he would run a 3.82 forty

Impossible. Do you have a link? He probably wasn't taking into account the time it takes to get into top speed.

Xonraider
08-22-2009, 12:34 PM

running 100 meters and 200 meters is completely different from running the 40.

yo123
08-22-2009, 01:06 PM

For being a track expert he sure doesn't understand a lot about track.

DeepThreat
08-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Without taking the differences between the two races, using proportions puts his 40 at about 3.5. That obviously wouldn't be the case.

Job
08-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Wait, doesn't the title of "ungodly" mean that Bolt is in fact human?

No, i think it means he's a step above god.

steelersfan43
08-23-2009, 03:33 AM
Without taking the differences between the two races, using proportions puts his 40 at about 3.5. That obviously wouldn't be the case.

How about you watch one of his 100 meter races, mark where 40 yards is and then take the time when he crosses it.............. You dont need to calculate anything what is wrong with you people

SeanTaylorRIP
08-23-2009, 09:42 AM
How about you watch one of his 100 meter races, mark where 40 yards is and then take the time when he crosses it.............. You dont need to calculate anything what is wrong with you people

Technique for running a 40 and 100 is a lot different. You start digging in the last 50 meters typically. If he were to run a 40 he would run it differently. Really there is no accurate calculation that can be made other than him actually running a 40. Anyways I'm not even convinced that Bolt's 40 time would be much better than any of the 100 m runners he competes with. Because of his height Bolt doesn't get out of the blocks fast and he typically doesn't dominate the race until the 2nd half of the race when he reaches full stride which no other runner can even hang with. If you ask me Asafa Powell probably has the best 40 time in the world because of his explosion out of the blocks and his excellent first 50. Bolt and Tyson *** would have mediocre 40 times compared to the rest of the track field as they typically run guys down because they don't have good starts although Bolt's starts as of late have been excellent.

TACKLE
08-23-2009, 05:02 PM
The thing is some NFL players would have world class 40 times even against some of the fastest sprinters in the world. They train for that and guys like Chris Johnson have elite burst and acceleration especially in the 10-20 yard range. People always assume that world class sprinters would destroy the 40 but some NFL players would be competitive over that short distance. Also, you can't just mark off 40 yards and say that's how fast they run the 40 because NFL players do not have blocks, cannot go in a 4-point, and run their 40's on artifical turf which is a much slower than a track.

AntoinCD
08-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Usain Bolt's 40 time would probably be nothing special. He is a notoriously poor starter and wins his races in the middle third when he gets his stride going. That being said he would probably beat me in a 40 yd sprint

jballa838
08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Usain Bolt's 40 time would probably be nothing special. He is a notoriously poor starter and wins his races in the middle third when he gets his stride going. That being said he would probably beat me in a 40 yd sprint
He beat *** out of the blocks en route to his 9.5. He WAS a notoriously bad starter, but his starts have become a lot better than they once were. I wouldn't call it great on a world-class level, but its not bad at all.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Lol they gave him a chunk of the Berlin wall as a gift for winning.

Gay Ork Wang
08-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Lol they gave him a chunk of the Berlin wall as a gift for winning.
they do that to all special guests. kinda like a key to the city

CJSchneider
08-24-2009, 07:32 AM
they do that to all special guests. kinda like a key to the city

Oh the irony there in.

Nalej
08-24-2009, 08:28 AM
On ESPNews, they found out how fast he ran the last 40 yds of his 100m race.
Keep in mind he was already at top speed but still- he ran it in 2.95 secs. Wow.

Also, for his 200m- he ran over 22 mph *blink*
He'd get a ticket if he ran through a school zone

sweetness34
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM

You are very much uninformed. Usain Bolt's start is one of his biggest improvements. The only way you can beat him is to get out quicker, if you let him out in front he's gone.

Did you watch the 100M Final? He destroyed everyone out of the blocks. His start improvements though are the reason he's pretty much unbeatable right now.

Brent
08-24-2009, 11:46 AM
NBC asked "is he the greatest sprinter ever?" during the broadcast, the other day. I'd like to see him take on the 400.

AntoinCD
08-24-2009, 11:52 AM
You are very much uninformed. Usain Bolt's start is one of his biggest improvements. The only way you can beat him is to get out quicker, if you let him out in front he's gone.

Did you watch the 100M Final? He destroyed everyone out of the blocks. His start improvements though are the reason he's pretty much unbeatable right now.

I did watch it yes. He did start well but it wasnt anything earth shattering. He has definitely improved since the olympics but it is still his weakness(if you can call anything he does a weakness). My point wasn't in regards to his 100m or 200m ability, it was in regards to a 40 yd dash. It is all about explosion in the first 20 yds, something, probably because he is so tall he isn't as good as he is when he gets started and into his stride.

08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
If Calvin Johnson can run a 4.35, let Usain train for it and he'll probably run sub 4.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2009, 02:31 PM
His 40 time would definitely shatter any NFL players 40 time but my point is it's not like his 40 time would be in a different class from other track and field sprinters. His would be one of the best but IMO no doubt Asafa Powell would have a better 40 time because of his explosion out of the blocks and historically great first 50.

sweetness34
08-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I did watch it yes. He did start well but it wasnt anything earth shattering. He has definitely improved since the olympics but it is still his weakness(if you can call anything he does a weakness). My point wasn't in regards to his 100m or 200m ability, it was in regards to a 40 yd dash. It is all about explosion in the first 20 yds, something, probably because he is so tall he isn't as good as he is when he gets started and into his stride.

And I agree that his start time is really his only weakness, but you said he's a notoriously slow starter, that isn't the case anymore. He's worked on his start time and it's allowed him to become an even better sprinter.

Bolt's start times are much better than they used to be and it's resulted in much faster times. In Berlin he had the lead right out of the gate and never looked back.

sweetness34
08-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Here's the video:
VpWmv0UJIi8

Pause it at around :55 seconds. He's pulled ahead of the field already and I would say that is around 40-50 yards in.