PDA

View Full Version : Ryan on #99

Ravens1991
08-18-2009, 12:45 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AntRRaiiyrVn1tgahPTKqBYdsLYF?slug=ap-jets-rexsexpletive&prov=ap&type=lgns

he is pissed Kruger is wearing #99.

He needs to focus more on the game then complaining about this. Yes McCray was good but if we didnt let newcoming players wear the jersey of pretty good players on our D then we would run out of a whole lot of # on D.

Where was he when Dennis Haley was wearing #58? This whole thing is stupid.

Personally I think the only # that should be retired are #3(yea you are saying a kicker WTF but I think Stover deserves for being the most consistent offensive weapon for the team, #52. Maybe #75 and #20.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-18-2009, 12:51 AM
IMO Stover/Lewis/Odgen/Reed all should EVENTUALLY get their numbers retired

Ravens1991
08-18-2009, 12:54 AM
I would like to see them get retired, but we are a relatively young organization I dont want to retire 2 many #s to quick

TACKLE
08-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Personally I think the only # that should be retired are #3(yea you are saying a kicker WTF but I think Stover deserves for being the most consistent offensive weapon for the team, #52. Maybe #75 and #20.

You're right on. McCrary was good but didn't make a significant enough contribution for Rex to be worried about a rookie wearing his number seven years after he retired.

Ravens1991
08-18-2009, 01:00 AM
yea McCrary retired 7 years ago.

Ryan always talks about us in the media and all, I think he is so jealous and still angry that Harbaugh was taken as a HC over him. But now it looks like we made the right choice in Harbaugh over Ryan.

TACKLE
08-18-2009, 01:04 AM

Ryan always talks about us in the media and all, I think he is so jealous and still angry that Harbaugh was taken as a HC over him. But now it looks like we made the right choice in Harbaugh over Ryan.

I love Harbaugh but I think both would have been great choices. I guess Rex's not-getting-picked-as-the-HC bitterness runs in the family. JK. I love Rex.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-18-2009, 06:21 PM
yeah, Rex is definitely still a bit bitter over not being picked as the HC. You can tell after watching/reading his press conference. but I loved what Kruger said in response. It pretty much sums up what I think of Rex's talk.

"In my opinion, it's kind of childish," said Kruger, the team's second-round pick this year. "He doesn't know me. He doesn't understand what I can do. He's never seen me. So I think it's a little unprofessional, but it really doesn't affect me. It doesn't bother my game. I'm still going to work hard every day.

Kruger added, "If he's focused on stuff like that, then I think we've got a pretty good chance [Monday]."

trkaline
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
I can't wait to see what he can do...

coordinator0
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM

You know it's looking more and more like it. In hindsight I would take Harbaugh over Ryan fairly easily, even though I wasn't sure about it in the beginning.