PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco Or Houshmandzadeh?

Splat
08-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Now that they are on different teams I was wondering who you guys think will have the better season this year on their own?

They both are 31 both have a QB coming back from an injury plagued season should be interesting.

Thoughts?

scottyboy
08-18-2009, 11:41 PM
ocho all day every day. some think he's a team cancer, I just think he's ******* hilarious. Better talent, playmaker, and I've always thought Housh was just a big douche.

Draft King
08-18-2009, 11:42 PM
T.J because of the supporting cast.

Da-Phins
08-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Ocho straight up! Hes coming out to play this year and prove them doubters wrong. He's more hungry and more determined then ever. Him and Palmer are gonna have a big year.

JFLO
I think Carson Palmer and 85 are going to have a monster season this year, especially considering Housh is gone and Henry is still an unproven threat.

I'm calling 1200 yards and 10 touchdowns for Chadwick.

scottyboy
Carson+Ocho+Coles+Leonard=breakout offense for the Bungals this year. Mark it down.

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Don't forget Chris Henry Scotty.

scottyboy
08-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Don't forget Chris Henry Scotty.

oh i didn't. he sucks, went to a stupid college, is dumb, went to a stupid college, will probably get arrested 10 times before the season opener, and he went to a stupid college.

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2009, 12:10 AM
oh i didn't. he sucks, went to a stupid college, is dumb, went to a stupid college, will probably get arrested 10 times before the season opener, and he went to a stupid college.

While he did go to a stupid college I think he's going to have a pretty big year as well.

TACKLE
08-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Ocho fo sho. Chad is more explosive and is so quick. He's a nightmare for some DB's. Housh is solid an consistent, but if I want a game breaker, I'll take Chad.

Ravens1991
08-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Ocho all the way, Douchemanzadeh will have a solid season but not at Ocho level.

BeerBaron
08-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Give me Housh if for no other reason than lack of headaches. Not a fan of distracting players.

CC.SD
08-19-2009, 12:34 AM
It's Ocho.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Ocho is a better player. I'd never let him on any team I ran, but hes more talented.

Bengalsrocket
08-19-2009, 01:23 AM
While he did go to a stupid college I think he's going to have a pretty big year as well.

I've always said that Chris Henry is the most talented receiver on our team. Problem has always been suspensions that keep him off the field.

tjsunstein
08-19-2009, 01:23 AM
I like Housmanzadeh to have a bigger year.

Changing his last name to OchoCinco was just about the last I could take of Chad. I think he's annoying.

KCJ58
08-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Chadplease

RaiderNation
08-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Gotta go with 85. If he has a big season(and Palmer can stay healthy), the Bengals should be alright

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-19-2009, 03:22 AM
I love how Chad Johnson annoying people makes them choose Housh. Come on now it isn't who doesn't annoy you it is who will have the better season. That is like me saying the Steelers won't have a top 5 defense next year just because I don't like them. Anyway I think Housh will have more receptions but I think Johnson will have more TD's and Yards.

locseti
08-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Child please, I'm predicting a huge year for eight five.

diabsoule
08-19-2009, 04:25 AM
I like Houshmazoooooooooooo. I think he'll thrive in the offense.

tjsunstein
08-19-2009, 08:40 AM
I love how Chad Johnson annoying people makes them choose Housh. Come on now it isn't who doesn't annoy you it is who will have the better season. That is like me saying the Steelers won't have a top 5 defense next year just because I don't like them. Anyway I think Housh will have more receptions but I think Johnson will have more TD's and Yards.

That's not why I picked Housmanzadeh and I didn't even come close to implying that. I just think Ochocinco is annoying. I didn't say that him being annoying factored in to my decision because it didn't. I like Housmanzadeh to be big for Hasselbeck this coming season when the whole offense is healthy. I can't remember the last time Hasselbeck had a WR this talented that could produce rather than injury riddled guys who were inconsistent when they actually made it to Sunday. Should be interesting.

The_Dude
08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Child please, I'm predicting a huge year for eight five.

Another "Hard Knocks" fan.... love it!

8-5 all the way. The main reason that TJ was able to do so well the last few years was because of all of the attention focused on Chad.

TJ is a good #2 receiver & will struggle being the #1 guy in Seattle.

tjsunstein
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
8-5 all the way. The main reason that TJ was able to do so well the last few years was because of all of the attention focused on Chad.
Sure it wasn't the other way around?

TJ is a good #2 receiver & will struggle being the #1 guy in Seattle.
How do you know he can't deliver as the top WR in Seattle's system?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-19-2009, 11:01 AM
That's not why I picked Housmanzadeh and I didn't even come close to implying that. I just think Ochocinco is annoying. I didn't say that him being annoying factored in to my decision because it didn't. I like Housmanzadeh to be big for Hasselbeck this coming season when the whole offense is healthy. I can't remember the last time Hasselbeck had a WR this talented that could produce rather than injury riddled guys who were inconsistent when they actually made it to Sunday. Should be interesting.

I just seen a couple people say he was annoying or w/e and really gave no explanation why they picked Housh other than that.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Housh owes Ocho some money from that big contract he got because Ocho was drawin double teams all those years lettin Housh get one on one.

derza222
08-19-2009, 12:16 PM

Housh really never did anything vertical with the Bengals and I'm not sure he's going to do that this year. He'll kill you in the slot and the red zone and he's got sure hands, but at this point in his career he's not going to be the kind of guy who you'll be afraid will kill you for 6 if you make a mistake covering him, be it on a deep play or after the catch. That's a #1 guy to me. Housh is a classic, prototypical #2 guy. It's possible he'll excel there but without being a classic #1 guy along with the question of what he'll do without somebody to play off of I wonder how he'll do.

Really though, it's tough to compare them. Ocho is a guy who will explode for you, Housh hurts you in the short passing game and is a lot more consistent. They're completely different guys. I'd be surprised if one of the two has more catches, yards, and touchdowns this year, so at the end of the day you have to figure out what matters the most to you when comparing them.

I did vote for 85 though. One of my favorite players in the league, if not my favorite, and I think he's going to have a monster year.

PalmerToCJ
08-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Statistically, I think Chad is in store for a huge year. He's got his head on straight again and has really been doing well this offseason.

I am definitely curious to see how TJ does in Seattle.

I will abstain.

Vikes99ej
08-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Give me 85. **** that gypsy Housh

abaddon41_80
08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I've always thought Housh was a product of Palmer and Ochocinco so I definitely think Chad will have a better season.

The_Dude
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Sure it wasn't the other way around?

UH... its a prediction... that is what this thread is all about, isn't it?

GhostDeini
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Housh might get more receptions but with a very unimpressive YPC. Chad talks so much shhh I'm getting tired of him but he has Palmer throwing to him who I feel is a top 3 QB when healthy.

Jakey
08-19-2009, 03:23 PM
They're both good, but they both talk a load of crap. If i had to take one based on skill...id take Ochocinco.

themaninblack
08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I would like to see how Housh fares without having a legitimate #1 WR opposite him before I'm willing to say he be as prolific as CJ. Even when Chad struggles you know he always has to be accounted for in a big way and I think Housh benefits from that to an extent. Now, I love Housh and hope he has an amazing year, but IDK if I'm willing to say he could put up typical Chad numbers. I hope I'm wrong but I don't really see it at this point.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Ocho ******* Cinco.