PDA

View Full Version : Russel

J-Hype
03-09-2007, 03:09 PM
if jamarcuss russel is there do we take him?i really like him and think we should but we do need help on the d side of the ball

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 03:09 PM
if jamarcuss russel is there do we take him?i really like him and think we should but we do need help on the d side of the ball
I don't think they will. If they want a QB, they'll take Stanton in round 2.

Xiomera
03-09-2007, 03:15 PM

In a word: NO

WMD
03-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't take JaMarcus over Brady Quinn..

Aard
03-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I can't see Detroit going so far off their script by taking Russell. They've positioned themselves for a trade down, thus adding draft picks and using them to rebuild the defense. They should end up with three of the first 40 to 45 picks, and two of them will likely be used on defensive players.

If Millen opts to roll the dice with JaMarcus Russell (or Brady Quinn, or Adrian Peterson, or Calvin Johnson) at 1.02, the Lions will add only one more player in the first 65 picks while still needing to draft starters on the defensive line, in the defensive backfield and possibly on the offensive line.

Of those four names I listed above, I'd consider JaMarcus the biggest risk of being a bust at the pro level. He's a physical beast with a rocket arm but if his heart and head aren't in it to win it, he could become another overweight, unmotivated first round pick collecting a huge paycheck until we cut him sometime in 2010.

detroit4life
03-09-2007, 04:42 PM
NO lets just close this thread now

JPLUFF
03-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I think Jamarcus in this offense would be pretty crappy.

detroit4life
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
he doesnt fit the offense that martz like to run. In this offense you need to ba able to make calls at the line and have great accuracy. Russell's weakness is his accuracy and he has been said to not be the brightest guy im not sure if that was an opinion or not but if we went QB it would be stanton or Quinn and most likely stanton

Scotty D
03-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I would welcome Russell to Detroit. One of the few. Nobody knows if he is dumb, and I would like proof to anyone that says he is. And I don't think he is any less accurate than Quinn or Stanton. He had a 67% completion comapred to Quinn's 61%. Honestly nobody knows how he would do in Martz's offense. Just because he doesn't fit the "mold" I don't think we should overlook him.

PS - Sometimes it is the player that you never hear connected to a team that gets picked.

Mythos
03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=Scotty D;205497]I would welcome Russell to Detroit.

I can understand why, but I think the odds of him landing here are near 0.

"One of the few. Nobody knows if he is dumb, and I would like proof to anyone that says he is. "

I'm sure there are still exceptions, but I'd like to think that most people have gotten past stereotyping black quarterbacks. I thiink the current mental trait being sought is whether someone is a "Marinelli-type guy." I have no idea what you ask someone in 15min to determine if he lives and dies by every play, but I think that's what they're after.

"And I don't think he is any less accurate than Quinn or Stanton. He had a 67% completion comapred to Quinn's 61%. Honestly nobody knows how he would do in Martz's offense. Just because he doesn't fit the "mold" I don't think we should overlook him. "

The thing that bothers me about Quinn is that he holds the ball and seems prone to turnovers--throwing a duck while getting hit or fumbling. I could see that being a disaster in Martz's offense. That and the argument that we have gaping holes throughout our lineup and we don't need our first round pick on the sidelines holding a clipboard.