PDA

View Full Version : AFC North Division Champions

S T R I N G
08-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Who do you think is going to win the AFC North?

Respond to the poll and post your explanation here.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-19-2009, 09:56 PM
The Steelers are going to have a down year like they did the last time they won the Superbowl. The Ravens are going to go 11-5 Steelers 9-7 Bengals 9-7 Browns 6-10

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Tomlin wont let that down year happen. He isn't a lame duck and Roethlisberger didn't et hit by an SUV and have an apendectomy this offseason so I think the Steelers will be fine. They definately have the most talent, and they actually have an easier schedule than Baltimore, who has to play NE and Indy instead of Miami and Ten.

Ravens1991
08-19-2009, 10:02 PM
dont both the steelers and Ravens have relatively easy schedules?

It will be a close battle, the Ravens have improved a lot. It will be 2 close battles.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:04 PM
The differences I said are the only ones. Everything else is the same, except the ravens go to san diego and oakland while the steelers go to denver and kc. But they play the same 12 teams, other than the ones I said before.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Screw you and your easy schedule. Ravens always get a hard one but that's OK we don't run from no one.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Screw you and your easy schedule. Ravens always get a hard one but that's OK we don't run from no one.

Do I have to remind you that the Ravens put a request in to the league to not play a night game at Pittsburgh because they were scared?

Or that the Steelers had the hardest schedule in the league last year?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Do I have to remind you that the Ravens put a request in to the league to not play a night game at Pittsburgh because they were scared?

Or that the Steelers had the hardest schedule in the league last year?

They didn't put in a request for us not to play you in a night game they didn't want to play in Pittsburgh the first game of the season. I was very heated when I heard that but that has nothing to do with the players. You and I both know there is nothing that scares the Ravens and I will say the same for the Steelers.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Huge ***** move by whoever in the Ravens put in that request.

But its irrelevant, the Steelers can beat them home or away, day or night.

Ravens1991
08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
yea you guys got the last couple of night games so the front office wanted one in baltimore. We are still playing you guys once at PIT and once in BAL, no one is scared of anyone.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
yea you guys got the last couple of night games so the front office wanted one in baltimore. We are still playing you guys once at PIT and once in BAL, no one is scared of anyone.

The guy writing this is a Ravens fan. If they wanted night game at home rather than requesting not to go to Pittsburgh.

http://nickfruscello.blogspot.com/2009/03/ravens-afraid-of-steelers.html

Ravens1991
08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
then why is there a picture of him in a steelers jersey w/ a mascot that looks like it just left a village people concert?

I dont think he is a Ravens fan at all.

Job
08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I have huge faith in Carson Palmer, but I still think the Steelers' D makes them the division champs.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:34 PM
then why is there a picture of him in a steelers jersey w/ a mascot that looks like it just left a village people concert?

I dont think he is a Ravens fan at all.

It came out of a Baltimore newspaper. But its pretty accurate to say the least.

I know Id be embarassed if I ever heard about the Steelers putting in a request like this. You always hear coaches and players say the schedules no big deal, just play. Then they make a move like that.

And the original point of bringing it up was only to show that the Ravens don't always have the hardest schedule like one poster said. Not only did the Steelers have a harder schedule last year, but the Ravens can hardly use schedule as an excuse while putting in requests to change it.

Ravens1991
08-19-2009, 10:38 PM
o you meant the part by Preston.

Its w/e I dont really care what the front office does. I am actually glad they did it so I can be there for the Ravens monday night game against PITT.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:41 PM
I'd have rather seen it be the season opener. And now the Steelers don't have a home monday night game

Ravens1991
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
yea that would have been cool 2. either way I think when we meet it up it will be 2 or 3 real close games.

kalbears13
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Ugh...As much as I hate to say it, it's Pittsburgh's to lose. There's no reason they shouldn't be division champs. They would need major amounts of bad luck.

sweetness34
08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm always hesitant to pick the Super Bowl winner to repeat as Division Champs because there are so many factors involved. Super Bowl hangover, injuries, plus Pittsburgh has a target on their back now and will get everyone's best game this year.

The Steelers have enough talent to repeat and they aren't in a very strong division so they do have that going for them. If they stay healthy I'll pick them to repeat but I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore take the division either.

ThePudge
08-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I voted for the Bengals, though I agree the division is Pittsburgh's to lose. The Browns got a vote though and there was no way I was going to let that get by without putting 1 on the board for Cincinnati. I'm not sure I believe in the Ravens as much as I did near the end of last year. That said, I think Pittsburgh finishes first, Cincinnati and Baltimore get locked in a battle for second, and Cleveland brings up the rear. I'll go with Cincinnati for 2nd though for now, barring serious injuries (Week 1 or 2 if not by mid pre-season.)

Mr. Stiller
08-20-2009, 12:25 AM
I see Flacco having a down year, and I think it's entirely possible that the absence of Rex Ryan could cause some major issues.

IMO seeing Pittsburgh have an easier Schedule, Some stellar talent additions to both sides of the ball, and Ben Roethlisberger. I have a hard time seeing Baltimore getting there.

I think it's a lot closer between Baltimore & Pittsburgh than people think. If Baltimore revamps that WR Core, and if LJ Smith provides a safety net outlet for Flacco. Before I see them take that next step I want to see if Flacco steps up.

Ravens1991
08-20-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

I dont think PITT schedule will be to much easier they are only one spot ahead of us.

But flying out to SD,OAK will hurt Baltimore

Now here is a hypothetical question...

There are reports that w/ the Ravens calling in Lemon and Willey that we may be planning on sending Troy SMith and a pick or D williams for Marshall.

Now if the Ravens get Marshall would you consider them the favorites?

trkaline
08-20-2009, 01:12 AM

I dont think PITT schedule will be to much easier they are only one spot ahead of us.

There are reports that w/ the Ravens calling in Lemon and Willey that we may be planning on sending Troy SMith and a pick or D williams for Marshall.

I really don't see it happening, but if it did were going to the bowl.

A Perfect Score
08-20-2009, 01:14 AM

If we get Brandon Marshall for Troy Smith and Demetrius Williams, not only will it be the biggest steal of the decade, but it will cement Josh McDaniels as the worst man in the world. That would be spectacular. I love Troy, but damn.

TACKLE
08-20-2009, 01:19 AM
I don't think it will acutally happen but Marshall would be a perfect fit. H can give Flacco the big reliable possession WR along with the deep threat they've never had. He's big, strong and physical and would fit right in especially in the NFC North. I'm not really worried about the "character concerns" because its never affected his play on the field and #52 will keep him in line.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-20-2009, 01:22 AM
I agree it would be a steal. The thing that makes it believable is that we know that he isn't worth what he would normally be if he wasn't causing so much ruckus in Denver. I think Troy/Williams/2nd would do it

Hines
08-20-2009, 01:23 AM
If the Ravens had more weapons for Flacco, I could see them winning the division. Since they don't, I picked the Steelers.

Brent
08-20-2009, 01:57 AM
cant knock the champs.

yodabear
08-20-2009, 01:58 AM
I am shocked the Steelers have a huge lead and the Ravens aren't getting more love, but I do have to take the Steelers too.

wogitalia
08-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Steelers until someone beats them.

Ravens should get a wildcard spot though and will be really close to winning it all. Bengals are unlucky, in any other division I would give them a shot at the playoffs(Maybe not AFC South or NFC East) but the top 2 teams here are just that good. Sucks to be a Browns fan.

Shahin
08-20-2009, 03:56 AM
edit/// oops.

Shahin
08-20-2009, 03:57 AM
The Steelers have enough talent to repeat and they aren't in a very strong division so they do have that going for them.

i think this season the AFCNorth reasserts itself as a tough division. looking at last season gives a pretty skewed picture of the division.

obviously you can't forget Pittsburgh and Baltimore having the #1 and #2 defenses in the league, that alone makes the division average at the least. not only that, but i'd argue that Pitt's defense looks even better this year (hate the Steelers but Timmons is going to beast).

not a lot of people know that Cincinatti's defense was ranked #12 last season and they've added a **** ton of talent at nearly every position on defense. the crappy offense of last season should at the very least be 2x better with Carson Palmer coming back from his injury. Chad Johnson (homer?) is primed for a good season, Chris Henry WILL beast, and Bernard Scott I have high hopes for. (damn, tried not to sound like a homer)

And then there's Cleveland. Pass.

watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffEdO-UG4ZU

Cleveland went full ****** when they hired mangini.

tjsunstein
08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Joe Flacco isn't good enough to hang with that Steelers defense, yet. Everything else about the Ravens seems set in place to win now. Pittsburgh takes the division. Watch out for the Browns.

cdub11
08-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Steelers, defending champs and nasty defense

Mr. Stiller
08-20-2009, 10:21 AM

Getting Marshall would close the gap, but I'm not sold on Joe Flacco yet. It's not so much the lack of weapons but, what can he do?

Flacco is going to have to prove he can beat Pittsburgh before I can give Baltimore any more credit towards the title.

I mean last Season:

Game 1: 16/31 51.6% 192 yards 1 TD 5 Sacks 81.7 Rating

Game 2: 11/28 39.3% 115 Yards 2 INT 2 sacks 22.2 Rating

Game 3: 13/30 43.3% 141 Yards 3 INT 3 Sacks 18.2 Rating

scottyboy
08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ray_rice.jpg

/discussion

Jakey
08-20-2009, 11:19 AM
HOMER FEST!

I pick Steelers ;)

PalmerToCJ
08-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Steelers. I pick them every year because it usually makes me correct.

I will say, the Steelers or Ravens will almost surely regress this year. It happens every season. The Bengals have a high ceiling but a lot of question marks.