PDA

View Full Version : NFC North Division Champions

S T R I N G
08-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Who do you think is going to win the NFC North?

Respond to the poll and post your explanation here.

TitleTown088
08-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Went homer.

Tough to say in reality. On paper, Minnesota is the off season champs, but something tells me ( or hopes ;)) Minny flops with Favre and Chicago or Green Bay are going to come away with it.

Very intriguing division this season, for a change.

Splat
08-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I went with the Vikings I had them winning even before #4 their D and running game is just to good but I'm not ready to say SB.

Vox Populi
08-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Stafford deep to Megatron. Who's going to stop that from taking the Lombardi trophy home this year?

TitleTown088
08-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Stafford deep to Megatron. Who's going to stop that from taking the Lombardi trophy home this year?
Hmmm.... I should let Sniper answer this, but I'm afraid he'll miss it.

2Sj9PQXC6rs

Vox Populi
08-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Hmmm.... I should let Sniper answer this, but I'm afraid he'll miss it.

Its funny because when I was writing that response I originally had wrote "not even Charles Woodson" but ended up changing it. so more people can't tell that I'm being entirely sarcastic

TACKLE
08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm still undecided. I wouldn't be surprised if any of Chicago, Minnesota or Green Bay made the playoffs but I also wouldn't be surprised if any of those teams missed the playoffs. I'll come back and vote later.

vikes_28
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
It's a no-brainer. Vikings. Might wanna slow down on thread making buddy.

JFLO
08-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm a homer

But I'm still a man!

TitleTown088
08-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Its funny because when I was writing that response I originally had wrote "not even Charles Woodson" but ended up changing it. so more people can't tell that I'm being entirely sarcastic You're lucky logic wasn't completely flawed.

princefielder28
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Vikings have the best defense and running attack in the division. They get the nod for me.

WMD
08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Do you know how absolutely insane it'd be if the Lions won the division? I would marry everyone on this board if that happened.

TitanHope
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Do you know how absolutely insane it'd be if the Lions won the division? I would marry everyone on this board if that happened.

That'd be one helluva bachelor party. ;)

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm buying the Vikings. We know they'll have solid defense, and Peterson will keep that run game going. Favre should bring a better passing attack to complete that offense.

I dont trust the Packers changing to a 3-4. That can be a difficult transition.

I don't trust Cutler throwing the ball to a much weaker group of receivers.

Lions don't need a reason for me to doubt them.

Brodeur
08-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Do you know how absolutely insane it'd be if the Lions won the division? I will marry everyone on this board when that happens.

Fixed for BELIEVE.

WMD
08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I've been saving myself for marriage. If I married everyone on the board, who would get to pop my cherry?

SFbear
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Im leaning Vikings. I think the Bears are looking 9-7 ish and will probably just miss the Wild Card spot just like last year.

wogitalia
08-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I voted the Packers.

All the teams have question marks.

For Minnesota it is mostly can Favre play within the offense and will the OL improve it's pass blocking enough to protect him. Defensively it revolves around pass coverage because we will face a lot of passing as teams don't even bother trying to run.

For Chicago it revolves around their OL and WR on offense, can they both run and pass block better than last year where they were ordinary at both, secondary to that, can they stay together and healthy, WR is obvious, who is the weapons. Defensively can their old defense turn back time or will the continue to deteriorate like they have the last couple of seasons.

Detroit will surprise a few people I think but I can't see them challenging.

Green Bay have the best OL(if it can stay healthy), the best QB and the best WRs in the division, if Grant gives them anything on the ground they should have the best offense by a fair bit. Defensively they are loaded with talent, if it comes together they can be scary, I personally think it will come together for them and that is why I picked them to win the division.

I think Chicago's defense will struggle, last year it looked old and slow, they have done nothing to address that and I just cant put faith in a team coached by Childress that would go against karma by signing a person like Favre, plus we have a poor OL that got weaker at C and better at RT.

Job
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Seriously, who can vote against JordyzzzzzzzzzzZZzZ.

roughrider30
08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
I think with these three teams relatively close I think its gonna come down to what team can stay the healthiest. The Vikes are gonna be pretty **** scary this year, but I think the Pack have the most complete team in the division going into this year. (Maybe I'm just a homer though:D)

Hines
08-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Even without Favre, I would still chose the Vikings in this division.

trkaline
08-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Peterson's offensive attack is going to take the pressure off of Favre and vice versa. I got the Vikes running away with this one.

yodabear
08-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Brett Favre.

A Perfect Score
08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
I've been saving myself for marriage. If I married everyone on the board, who would get to pop my cherry?

You thought you were saving yourself. But that time when we got really drunk and you thought you fell down the stairs? Not the entire story.

And I think the Lions surprise everyone, win 12 games, and beat out the Giants in the playoffs. Ernie Sims will lead them to victory.

WMD
08-20-2009, 03:05 AM
You thought you were saving yourself. But that time when we got really drunk and you thought you fell down the stairs? Not the entire story.

And I think the Lions surprise everyone, win 12 games, and beat out the Giants in the playoffs. Ernie Sims will lead them to victory.
Our linebackers are better than the Giants LBs!

Sims + Foote + Peterson is completely unstoppable!!!

Gay Ork Wang
08-20-2009, 03:34 AM
What is it with all these ******* threads

tjsunstein
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
The Packers lost seven games by an average of 3 points last year, something like that. If we turn one touchdown into a field goal in those games, we would have won 5 and sent 2 to overtime. I'm pretty optimistic our luck will be much better this year with Capers running the defense.

Brothgar
08-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Even if Brett Favre is like 80% of what he was that last year in GB and the first like 10 games on the Jets it will be enough to win the division.

Problems with GB: The switch to a 3-4 is going to cost them some early games. Although they did the best job at the switch than anyone in recent memory.

Problems with Detroit: The lack of a D-Line specially at the tackle position and the softness of the OLine in the middle plus the injury bug is hitting hard on Detroit this year.

Problems with Chicago: They still have an issue at WR Hester isn't returning as many kicks as he use to. The D was a lil suspect last season with the injuries but even then they aren't what they use to be.

Sniper
08-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Problems with GB: The switch to a 3-4 is going to cost them some early games. Although they did the best job at the switch than anyone in recent memory.

You can tell this without them playing a game that matters? broth, your psychic skills are off the charts.

Brothgar
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM
You can tell this without them playing a game that matters? broth, your psychic skills are off the charts.

ugg *on paper they look to have done the best job at the conversion in recent memory.

drowe
08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
well, whatever happens, it's a division in transition. every team made some earth shaking changes in the off season and whatever happens this year could set the tone for the next couple years.

If the Bears win the division:
it'll mean they have a legit QB for the first time in decades and an offense to match their defense.

If the Packers win the division:
it'll mean the 3-4 experiment worked and they'll be one of the most complete teams in the NFL.

If the Vikings win the division:
it means the Favre or Harvin experiment worked, and they'll have a dynamic offense as opposed to being the AD show.

If the Lions win the division:
it will mean that the other 3 teams died in a tragic bus accident.

bigbluedefense
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Ive said the Bears and I'm sticking with them, but the Packers are starting to look pretty good.

Especially Aaron Rodgers. He's gonna beast it this year. He might be the best qb in the North. Yes. Better than Jay Cutler.

TitleTown088
08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Especially Aaron Rodgers. He's gonna beast it this year. He might be the best qb in the North. Yes. Better than Jay Cutler.

Is that supposed to be a surprise? He was better than Cutler last season too. ;)

dabears10
08-20-2009, 05:06 PM
The Packers lost seven games by an average of 3 points last year, something like that. If we turn one touchdown into a field goal in those games, we would have won 5 and sent 2 to overtime. I'm pretty optimistic our luck will be much better this year with Capers running the defense.

Or it means the packers have poor coaching that they keep dropping close games.

Sniper
08-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Ive said the Bears and I'm sticking with them, but the Packers are starting to look pretty good.

He is better than Emo.

yo123
08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
How do the Bears only have 6 votes? I voted for the Vikings but the Bears only lost the division by one game last year with Kyle Orton.

TitleTown088
08-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Or it means the packers have poor coaching that they keep dropping close games.

The Packers fired almost all of their coaches from last season... namely defensive.

umphrey
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Our offense is reliable with great receivers and a franchise quarterback that isn't switching teams. I like our defense a lot this year - Raji is a freak, Matthews could start, but importantly we get Barnett, Jenkins, Harris, Bigby, Harrell (?) back from injuries and we added Capers and Trgovac (Carolina's DC last year) to the coaching staff.