PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall- Doesn't Know Playbook, Working W/ Scout Team

Cicero
08-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Brandon Marshall's behavior during practice Wednesday morning and his comments afterward make two things clear: The disgruntled wide receiver still wants out of Denver, and he is not ready to play in a game.

In a candid interview after practice, Marshall admitted he has "trust issues" and is "not being close at all" to grasping the Broncos' offensive playbook.

The result is that the rift between the Broncos and their star wideout that began in the spring appears to be growing wider as the regular season draws closer.

Marshall, the Broncos' most productive receiver each of the past two years and a starter in the Pro Bowl last season, did not take any repetitions with the first- or second-team offense Wednesday, working solely with the scout team.

Rest of the article:
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13164876

Mishandles for coach of the year.

CC.SD
08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
J-e-t-s Jets Jets Jets

Timbathia
08-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Another thing for the haters to blame on McDaniels, even though the main trust issue was last year with BMarsh's hip injury being misdiagnosed. But of course, it is obviously McDaniels fault and he should lose his job and be crowned worst coach in history and blah, blah, blah (just getting it out of the way early so we can move on).

BMarsh is a great player without an ounce of professionalism. Great player though.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I think he just wants to get out of that place. I don't think he causes a lot of problems if he is traded. As you see I said A LOT of problems because he will get into something

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-20-2009, 07:22 PM
The playbook should be:

Various running plays.

B-MARSH DEEEEEEEP

JFLO
08-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I like it that he is sticking to his guns to the point where he is playing on the scout team...

CC.SD
08-20-2009, 07:24 PM
The playbook should be:

Various running plays.

B-MARSH DEEEEEEEP

and Royal FTW

08-20-2009, 07:25 PM
and Royal FTW

B-Marsh goes DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and Royal cuts under him, if Marshall is covered, hit Royal up and he'll shake the defense out of their pantaloons!

CC.SD
08-20-2009, 07:32 PM
B-Marsh goes DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and Royal cuts under him, if Marshall is covered, hit Royal up and he'll shake the defense out of their pantaloons!

Damnit if they were really going to kick Shanny out of town, Royal and Clady make for ridiculous parting gifts.

the decider13
08-20-2009, 07:57 PM
This has nothing at all to do with McD, Marshall is upset about his injuries being misdiagnosed last year. At that time, McD was on the other side of the country coaching a different team.

Totally his fault though.

Timbathia
08-20-2009, 08:17 PM
To be honest there is no need to send BMarsh deep. Just get him the ball on a short route, let him knock the CB on his a$$ and pick up a 30/40 yard gain before the safety runs him down. Much more high percentage with his (and Orton's) skill set.

TACKLE
08-20-2009, 08:23 PM
and Royal FTW

Royal doesn't play for the Ravens. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

08-20-2009, 08:24 PM
To be honest there is no need to send BMarsh deep. Just get him the ball on a short route, let him knock the CB on his a$$ and pick up a 30/40 yard gain before the safety runs him down. Much more high percentage with his (and Orton's) skill set.

Good point. When I say deep though I wasn't thinking just a fly, more of a deep post so he has open field to run in. I like your thinking though. Revised playbook:

Various run plays

DOUBLE WR SCREEN, Orton just picks which side to throw to.

BlindSite
08-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I think the issue here is him not knowing the playbook and not being wiling to put in. No point in having someone out there if he can't run the right route

Timbathia
08-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I think the issue here is him not knowing the playbook and not being wiling to put in. No point in having someone out there if he can't run the right route

Maybe in the huddle Orton can call the play, and then explain to BMarsh which route he is supposed to run? Or perhaps BMarsh can have the headset, and McDaniels explains the play to him each down?

bored of education
08-20-2009, 09:02 PM
How awesome am I? 2 years ago in a top 10 college wr prospects i was the only one to even mention Royal!

I IS AWESOMES!

EddieRoyalVT4
08-21-2009, 12:05 AM
J-e-t-s Jets Jets Jets

They might be going for Bowe instead.

And to the guy that mentioned Royal in top 10 college WR's? Good job. I wish I stopped in here more often considering I made him my username 3 years ago.

vikes_28
08-21-2009, 01:32 AM
I think that Marshall should get his **** together and just play the game. If I was getting paid millions every year I wouldn't complain too much... The guy is a stud. And I think he is giving himself a bad rep.

Staubach12
08-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Hell, trade him to Chicago.

LizardState
08-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Jed York s/b on the phone to Denver right now, & ensure that Crabtree's agent Eugene Parker knows about their Denver dickering for Marshall.

Win-win for the 9ers, they either get Marshall or Crabtree's signature on a contract within a wk.

If they get Marshall, I think a 2010 3rd s/b about right, conditional on passing his physical, etc..

I agree with the comment that once Marshall gets the hell away from Disgruntled R Us at Denver he will be a happy camper & productive WR.

tjsunstein
08-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Not much reaction other than just shaking my head.

Gay Ork Wang
08-21-2009, 10:13 AM
I like this statement

BlindSite
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I think that Marshall should get his **** together and just play the game. If I was getting paid millions every year I wouldn't complain too much... The guy is a stud. And I think he is giving himself a bad rep.

This is totally off topic but I smile every time I see your sig.

There's now two sig's floating around here that in some roundabout way have something to do with my *****.

Timbathia
08-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Jed York s/b on the phone to Denver right now, & ensure that Crabtree's agent Eugene Parker knows about their Denver dickering for Marshall.

Win-win for the 9ers, they either get Marshall or Crabtree's signature on a contract within a wk.

If they get Marshall, I think a 2010 3rd s/b about right, conditional on passing his physical, etc..

I agree with the comment that once Marshall gets the hell away from Disgruntled R Us at Denver he will be a happy camper & productive WR.

marshall will be a happy camper when someone gives him 100 million, and it doesnt matter who it is. but then whenever that team stop throwing him the ball 180 times a season, he will probably whine about that. And then he will get arrested for assault and battery on a girl scout because she didnt give him free cookies, and he wont be happy because someone in the organisation takes the side of the girl scout, and then he will................

The fact that the Broncos could probably only get a mid-round draft pick for him right now is a great reason not to trade him. May as well wait it out in the hope he grows up and decides to play properly. If he never does, trade him later in the season once he has proved in limited duty that he is fit (and he may be worth more). By keeping him around he will be fantastic practice for the first defense by playing on the scout team each week. Gotta look for the positives :)

wogitalia
08-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Marshall really doesn't do himself any favours does he? He doesn't come off as anything but immature and unprofessional by holding out and then showing up not knowing or wanting to know the playbook. This from a guy who is one off field screwup from a very lengthy ban, does he not realise that making himself a desirable option helps him get traded?

Jimmy
08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Good news for Broncos fans:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/3012/marshall-moves-up-depth-chart

TitleTown088
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Look at this idiot. What a little cry baby.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

Xonraider
08-27-2009, 10:51 PM

That is so awesome.

Thumper
08-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Wow, talk about forcing your way out of town. Haha, I've never seen a player mail it in like that. I think it is funny.

S T R I N G
08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow that is going to be a long rebuilding process in Denver.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-28-2009, 07:12 AM

I am sure the Player's Association would bark, but just send the guy home, or have him sit out, and don't even bother taking part in drills. It's gotta be so annoying seeing a guy do that from a coach's point of view.

cvv84
08-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Broncos suspend Brandon Marshall (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/broncos-suspend-brandon-marshall/)

The Seahawks are jumping for joy.

tjsunstein
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I feel like we have about seven Brandon Marshall threads, twelve McDaniels threads, and twenty other threads talking about the offseason that the Broncos had.