PDA

View Full Version : Columbo re-signed

Windy
03-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Marc Colombo-T-Cowboys Mar. 9 - 4:38 pm et

Cowboys re-signed RT Marc Colombo to a two-year, $7 million contract.
Colombo received $4 million to sign, according to ESPN's John Clayton. Leonard Davis should now be allowed to play his natural guard position, and, at nearly 370 pounds, should be a difference maker there.

Rotoworld.com

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Makes me smile. That's the deal we wanted.

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Now, that's a great signing for the Cowboys. Yes, I just used the word great with a move for Columbo. He's a solid RT, and played well last year. This move addresses their interior OL with Davis sliding inside. They have a lot of flexibility in the draft now, which is what makes this move "great", IMO. The cost for Columbo also wasn't much, relatively speaking of course.

If they wanted, they could get aggressive and push up for a free safety. I don't see Reggie Nelson falling to them. But they could be more willing to deal up now, knowing that their OL needs have largely been addressed (I say largely because I'm still not the biggest fan of Flozell Adams at LT).

Shiver
03-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Very good resigning.

Paul
03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
One less thing to worry about.

bearsfan_51
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Nice for Shreck that he got some more money. Maybe he can get something nice for his friend Donkey.

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
that sucks....

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Nice for Shreck that he got some more money. Maybe he can get something nice for his friend Donkey.
HAHAHAHA! OK. That lasted a half a second.

Shiver
03-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Also; this allows Leonard Davis to remain at Guard, his best position. He was very good before Dennis Green tried to force him to be the Left Tackle.

frogstomp
03-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I didn't know Joe Horn made posts!

Woot!

Anyways, on a serious note, it is a little sad the Jets couldn't sign him.

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Now, that's a great signing for the Cowboys. Yes, I just used the word great with a move for Columbo. He's a solid RT, and played well last year. This move addresses their interior OL with Davis sliding inside. They have a lot of flexibility in the draft now, which is what makes this move "great", IMO. The cost for Columbo also wasn't much, relatively speaking of course.

If they wanted, they could get aggressive and push up for a free safety. I don't see Reggie Nelson falling to them. But they could be more willing to deal up now, knowing that their OL needs have largely been addressed (I say largely because I'm still not the biggest fan of Flozell Adams at LT).

I know he didn't really deserve it, but Flozall Adams did make the pro-bowl......He played GREAT at the end of the season.

bearsfan_51
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Wow you have a really low ranking.

DHVF
03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow you have a really low ranking.

Haha, yeah...so low that it's simply named after him.

Bradentonian
03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Good signing at a very reasonable price. Also keeps the 'Boys from having to play Fabini or LD at ROT.

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
It shouldn't be that low. I am kinda like T.O., I don't really do anything wrong, but everything I say gets blown out of proportion. Oh well.

Anyway, now with a solid o-line, the Cowboys have to be the NFC favorites.

Shiver
03-09-2007, 05:36 PM
It shouldn't be that low. I am kinda like T.O., I don't really do anything wrong, but everything I say gets blown out of proportion. Oh well.

That is why you get negative rep.

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
We cut Fabini so maybe the Jets will take him back.

KILLERSANTA
03-09-2007, 05:59 PM

That would be funny :)

Thecollegedropout
03-09-2007, 06:08 PM
You guys can keep him....

We'll take Fergerson back though.

KILLERSANTA
03-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I know he didn't really deserve it, but Flozall Adams did make the pro-bowl......He played GREAT at the end of the season.

If by great, you mean less crapping..Then yes, Adams played Great at the end of the season

JoeMontainya
03-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought Colombo would get more money this year, seemed like the Cowboys got a steal.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2007, 07:22 PM

Solid? You want to see solid, check out the Eagles O-line. At least three of our backups could be better than some of your starters, including the big guy you signed, Leonard Davis. 50 mil for a bust is a reason that this year's FA is so crazy. As for the Cowboys being favored to win the NFC East, I think not buddy, they will finish second though, because The Giants have thunder to go with...um, Thunder and the Redskins, well I'll just stop there. But there is no way the Cowboys should be the favorites. You have an unproven QB who made it to the Pro Bowl because all of the Cowboys fans saw him play two games and voted him in. Your O-line still isn't good. You don't know who your #1 RB is. You have a new head coach, TO is losing his game and is OLD, along with Glenn. You have a good LB corp, along with an OK front line on D, but your secondary needs alot of work, as does ours though.I'll just put it like this...
McNabb>Romo
Westbrook>Whoever your starter at RB will be
Tapeh>Who is your FB?
Eagles WR<Cowboy WRs
L.J.=Witten
Eagles O-line>>>>>Dallas O-line
Eagles D-line=Cowboys D-line
Eagles LBs<Dallas LBs (But we are improving greatly)
Brian Dawkins>>>>>Pat Watkins
Roy Williams>Sean Considine
Eagles CBs>>>>>Dallas CBs
Our K>>>>>Your K
Our (new) P(unknown)Your punter. They are both from Australia, so look out. The battle for Aussie supremacy in punting will be heated next year.
That is 7 in favor of the Eagles and 3 in your favor. No way you win the NFC East next year.

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Are you serious? First of all, know who the players are. Mat McBriar is the best punter int he NFL, and you call him am unknown?

Terence Newman owns your whole team, let alone your CB's, lol.

And w ho cares about FB?

Witten is easily better than L.J. Smith.

And don't get me started abotu how Davis is a bust, he has been 2 the pro-bowl twice. Both as a G, which he will play now. Our o-line is fine now. It is above average atleast.

We are easily a better, and more talented team than you with McNabb, and once he goes down, which he will, we will own you. The Cowboys are the NFC East favorites right now, ask anyone.

D-Unit, please come spank this kid.

KILLERSANTA
03-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Solid? You want to see solid, check out the Eagles O-line. At least three of our backups could be better than some of your starters, including the big guy you signed, Leonard Davis. 50 mil for a bust is a reason that this year's FA is so crazy. As for the Cowboys being favored to win the NFC East, I think not buddy, they will finish second though, because The Giants have thunder to go with...um, Thunder and the Redskins, well I'll just stop there. But there is no way the Cowboys should be the favorites. You have an unproven QB who made it to the Pro Bowl because all of the Cowboys fans saw him play two games and voted him in. Your O-line still isn't good. You don't know who your #1 RB is. You have a new head coach, TO is losing his game and is OLD, along with Glenn. You have a good LB corp, along with an OK front line on D, but your secondary needs alot of work, as does ours though.I'll just put it like this...
McNabb>Romo
Westbrook>Whoever your starter at RB will be
Tapeh>Who is your FB?
Eagles WR<Cowboy WRs
L.J.=Witten
Eagles O-line>>>>>Dallas O-line
Eagles D-line=Cowboys D-line
Eagles LBs<Dallas LBs (But we are improving greatly)
Brian Dawkins>>>>>Pat Watkins
Roy Williams<Sean Considine
Eagles CBs>>>>>Dallas CBs
Our K>>>>>Your K
Our (new) P(unknown)Your punter. They are both from Australia, so look out. The battle for Aussie supremacy in punting will be heated next year.
That is 7 in favor of the Eagles and 3 in your favor. No way you win the NFC East next year.
Well, atleast your not a homer

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 07:56 PM
The Eagles are legit, but they lost their MVP when they didn't resign Garcia.

bigbluedefense
03-09-2007, 07:57 PM
And it begins!!! Get ready for 4 months of NFC East supremacy threads.

I will say this in defense of TNewFan, he is right that Terrance Newman is without a doubt the best CB in the NFC East. I have him in the top 3 in the league. Everything else right here right now is trivial. Let's wait until the draft is over.

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Not better than the Cowboys, thats fore sure.

The Eagles got so lucky last year it wasn't even funny.

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM

I will say this in defense of TNewFan, he is right that Terrance Newman is without a doubt the best CB in the NFC East. I have him in the top 3 in the league. Everything else right here right now is trivial. Let's wait until the draft is over.

Thanks BBD.

Modano
03-10-2007, 01:46 AM

LOL! You've just made my sign.

And for the Eagles' fan... yes of course Considine is better than Roy Williams :rolleyes:

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2007, 10:49 AM
The Eagles are legit, but they lost their MVP when they didn't resign Garcia.

Our MVP? You've got to be kidding me! He was our #2 QB. Yeah he did a great job when Donovan was gone, but Westbrook is by far our MVP last season. You don't know what you are talking about.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2007, 10:51 AM

You lost to Detroit with the NFC East on the line. If it wasn't for them beating you, they would have had the #1 pick. YOu guys lost to the team that should have had the #1 pick, with the NFC East on the line.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2007, 10:56 AM
LOL! You've just made my sign.

And for the Eagles' fan... yes of course Considine is better than Roy Williams :rolleyes:

I messed up the greater than sign on that one, but Williams is not all that much better than him anyway. All he can do is cover the run, if you throw a pass his way, he falls apart. He is a monster against the run, I'll give him that, but he is horrible against the pass. Besides if I would compare our best safety to your best safety, Dawkins would beat him every time, and Considine is eqaul with Watkins if not, a little better.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2007, 10:57 AM

Thats why the Eagles rip him apart every time we play them. All I've seen of Newman is him looking at our WRs catch a ball and give us a first down or touchdown.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm gonna stop this now, because it is pointless.

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Thats why the Eagles rip him apart every time we play them. All I've seen of Newman is him looking at our WRs catch a ball and give us a first down or touchdown.

LMFAO!!!!!

Newman gave up NO catches in the 1st game, and 1 catch in the game on christmas day. Yea you really burnt him. He is easily the best CB in the NFC East, if not the NFC, and should have been the #1 CB in the pro-bowl.

Even a giants fan agrees with me, and BBD is one of the most respectable posters on this site. If you don't think Newman is the best CB in the East, you are the biggest homer I have ever say, even bigger than me.

And don't bring that losing to the lions crap into this, we are talking about next season, and we are better than you now. We were better last year too actually.

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:21 AM
How bout we settle this the right way, A poll.

Paul
03-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah it's fun to play make believe. I do it all the time.

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:24 AM
LOL, I just made the poll, now we will see what everyone thinks.

Eaglez.Fan
03-10-2007, 11:29 AM

You've got to be kidding. The best QB in the NFC gets injured by complete fluke and you say we got lucky!?!

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes. You weren't good with McNabb either.

And you no Newman is the best CB in the east, by far.

Paul
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
You've got to be kidding. The best QB in the NFC gets injured by complete fluke and you say we got lucky!?!

Tony Romo wasn't injured. :P

Eaglez.Fan
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes. You weren't good with McNabb either.

And you no Newman is the best CB in the east, by far.

I disagree with the 1st but agree with the 2nd.

Paul
03-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Mcnabb was on pace to have his best year by far before the injury. They were as good before as they were after with Garcia there. So saying they were not good with McNabb at Qb is just ridiculous.