PDA

View Full Version : FA Signings

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
- OG Leonard Davis, six-year 49M million with $18.75 million in guaranteed money.

- WR Terry Glenn, $5 million roster bonus.

- QB Brad Johnson, three-year $7.5 million.

- C Andre Gurode, six-year, $30 million deal.

- K Martin Gramatica, two-year deal.

- P Mat McBriar, $8.5 million. It includes a $2.5 million signing bonus.

- OT Marc Columbo, two-year, 7M deal.

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
This my friends is what I call an "Impecable Offseason". YAY Jerry! :D

Im_a_Romosexual
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
escpecially if we can add Nelson and have a good draft building depth

Paul
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Davis' contract numbers still makes me cringe, but could be worse. Still solid Offseason.

KILLERSANTA
03-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Now we need to draft Tank...:)

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Nelson Baby!!!!!!!

Love Your Sig D.

Poet3334
03-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Reggie Nelson

KILLERSANTA
03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Reggie Nelson
is not going to be a cowboys ................:P

Poet3334
03-09-2007, 04:50 PM
We shall see Killer

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Killer, you want to take Tank Tyler at 22? No freakin way, that will be one of the biggest reaches in draft history. He is a mid 2nd rounder at best. He will probably be there at 54.

KILLERSANTA
03-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Killer, you want to take Tank Tyler at 22? No freakin way, that will be one of the biggest reaches in draft history. He is a mid 2nd rounder at best. He will probably be there at 54.

No, i want to trade down..to like the 30/31 pick(Because the colts will draft him, if still there) And pick up another 2nd :)

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Eh, that it still high for him IMO.

shane_man
03-10-2007, 05:42 AM
We need to stop looking at Safety and start concentrating on another 900 pound DT... Jason Ferguson is all alone at DT...

robert_in_bigd
03-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Okoye, Brown or Marshawn will be there at 22 and that is where we go.

Tank can be had in Round 2 and does represent a great pick IMHO at 2 -- but that depends on what you do round 1.

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Why would we pick Okoye or Marshawn? Okoye is way to small for a 3-4 NT, and RB even on the first day would be a waist of a pick, unless we trade one and go get peterson, which won't happen.

Paul
03-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Okoye, Brown or Marshawn will be there at 22 and that is where we go.

Tank can be had in Round 2 and does represent a great pick IMHO at 2 -- but that depends on what you do round 1.

WTF are we going to do with Okoye? Don't Say NT. Marshawn? Pointless.

Paul
03-10-2007, 10:13 AM
We need to stop looking at Safety and start concentrating on another 900 pound DT... Jason Ferguson is all alone at DT...

Oh yes I forgot Safety was one our biggest strength last year. And what NT is worth a 1st round pick this year?

nrcirc
03-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Why would we pick Okoye or Marshawn? Okoye is way to small for a 3-4 NT, and RB even on the first day would be a waist of a pick, unless we trade one and go get peterson, which won't happen.

Tank Tyler (306) and Okoye (302) are only 4 lbs differents and about same heights How can you see one is good and other is too small?

Paul
03-10-2007, 10:30 AM
You look at okoye, and your looking at UT, not a NT IMO. I would hate that pick.

nrcirc
03-10-2007, 10:33 AM
You look at okoye, and your looking at UT, not a NT IMO. I would hate that pick.

I agree 100%, but he is not too small.

bigmac076
03-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I hear the Eagles are close to signing Ryan Fowler to an offer sheet. If its starter money than we obviously can't match it and that creates yet another need. ILB depth is not looking good right now.

Paul
03-10-2007, 11:08 AM
ILB in this draft has decent depth, for guys who can play that ILB in the 3-4. Desmond Bishop, Dedrick Harrington, David Harris, Kelvin Smith and a guy like Zak DeOssie. All could be taken on the 2nd day, or the 3rd round.

shane_man
03-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh yes I forgot Safety was one our biggest strength last year. And what NT is worth a 1st round pick this year?

We have no PASS RUSH... I have faith in our DB's... But we need some help rushing at the QB...

For example. The Philly DB's in 04(superbowl run) what was it 3/4 made the Pro Bowl right? The following year after they lost arguably there best two pass rushers... There DB's looked amatuerish and they didnt look good. That didnt change the fact that they were talented. But they needed help up front.

We get pass rush help on the line and i guarantee we dont look amatuer hour when teams make throws...(we still need help at ILB too...)

TNewFan41
03-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Pressure is not a problem anymore. We have the players, all we needed was good schemes, and now with Wade and Stewart as our D cooridinator, both from san diego, top 3 pressure in the league last year I believe, we will have a ton of pressure.

I agree with D-Unit that I wouldn't be suprised if this is Newmans best year by far, and with the years he has already had, I can't wait.

(maybe he overtake's bailey, just throwing it out there)

bigmac076
03-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Pressure is not a problem anymore. We have the players, all we needed was good schemes, and now with Wade and Stewart as our D cooridinator, both from san diego, top 3 pressure in the league last year I believe, we will have a ton of pressure.

I agree with D-Unit that I wouldn't be suprised if this is Newmans best year by far, and with the years he has already had, I can't wait.

(maybe he overtake's bailey, just throwing it out there)

What an asinine thing to even "throw out there". Can't you be satified with Newman being in the top 5 in the league? Don't set the bar so high.

Go Cowboys
03-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Blalock should be the pick. Depth at the O-Line is the best thing you can have. Why? Because you are bound to have either one very undracheiving guy or one injury on your O-Line a year. If not O-Line then I have a feeling we trade down and get picks next year.

TNewFan41
03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I love that. O-Line, O-Line, O-Line. All day baby.

Staubach12
03-11-2007, 07:25 PM
YOU DON'T SPEND YOUR 1ST ON DEPTH!!!!! You draft a guy in the 1st because you think he can be a difference maker!

LSUALUM99
03-11-2007, 07:36 PM
YOU DON'T SPEND YOUR 1ST ON DEPTH!!!!! You draft a guy in the 1st because you think he can be a difference maker!

I don't agree with this entirely. As you could make the argument that any player drafted in the first round is depth because they probably won't be an instant starter.

However, they will contribute on ST.

OL DO NOT F'ING CONTRIBUTE unless they are starters. That is why they are drafted late. How many times do we have to say it?

OL should not be drafted on the first day.

mtmock
03-11-2007, 07:58 PM
we have a good enough o-line to wait untill day 2 to add depth...we should go
1.FS
2.WR
3.OLB/DT

all positions that would help right away and contribute to the future

TNewFan41
03-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I never said o-line in round 1. I want Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd.

And why an OLB, your giving up on Carp?? Uh know, OLB should be at the bottom of the list. DT is a need for the future though.

And you get quality depth on the first day, when you don't have wholes, which we don't. You get crappy depth on the first day. We should, and probably will, take an OL on day 1.

JJJ888
03-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Personally, I think that there are 3, maybe 4, positions we could feasibly draft with our first round pick: NT, CB, WR, and OT. Two of those positions, however, do not have value where we pick (NT and OT). Fortunately, we are in a position where we can take the best player available, almost regardless of position.

Poet3334
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
we have a good enough o-line to wait untill day 2 to add depth...we should go
1.FS
2.WR
3.OLB/DT

all positions that would help right away and contribute to the future

That looks exactly like my mock.

slimx37
03-12-2007, 04:31 AM
just a quick statement. i believe bill parcells said that there are maybe 8 guys who are elite talent in the draft every year. elite meaning ready to play with very little improvement or coaching. After that it is a lot of guys who are going to need work to get ready to play. If you accept this as truth then you should assume he is saying that anyone we pick at 24 is going to need some work, so we should for the guy who needs the least work, prob a wide receiver as the depth in this class is amazing. The difference between say ben grubbs first round, blalock early second, and ramariez-third is very small look at their numbers, very close where as the difference between robert meachem, dwayne bowe compared to the 3rd round receivers is huge. safety like o-line is close between 1rst and 3rd, where as cb is not. so saying all this in the first i would look at a developmental reciever or corner love chris houston. in the second i would look at a sidney rice slash brandon meriweather or blalock(yeah i think he will be there or close to there) in the third i would go with a lamar woodley for depth something like that. my point is you have to look at the draft not as filling one team need with a great player but feeling all team needs with the best combination of players

shane_man
03-12-2007, 05:34 AM
What if we traded our first round pick like we did the year we drafted Julius Jones... Get a second rounder this year and a first next year???

TNewFan41
03-12-2007, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't mnd that, since we have only 1 serious hole. If we traded down to the lions or Raiders I would go crazy, because we would have a top 5 pick next year, along with #32.

Sweet.

JJJ888
03-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Trading down just 10 slots or so certainly would not net us a first round pick next year...any team willing to pull that trade would be out of their mind...now 20 picks is a bit more realistic if we want to gain a future #1 pick.

shane_man
03-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Trading down just 10 slots or so certainly would not net us a first round pick next year...any team willing to pull that trade would be out of their mind...now 20 picks is a bit more realistic if we want to gain a future #1 pick.

Agreed... We would have to trade down to about 12 in the second round for us to get a decent shot at a first round pick next year...

TNewFan41
03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok then, lets trade the our first for the bills 2nd and first next year. Plus with them losing McGahee, and pretty much their only good defensive player, we have a good shot at a top 10 pick, if not top 5.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I've got a question here and I think I can get some reasonable advice from most of you. Dou you think the Cowboys will match the Eagles' offer sheet on Fowler? I'm pretty sure you would get a 6th round pick if the Cowboys refuse to match it, but I am not 100% on it. If you have not heard the parameters of the deal by the Eagles, it is a 4 yr, 10.25 mil contract with about 4 mil in the first year. Tell me what you think.

bigmac076
03-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I've got a question here and I think I can get some reasonable advice from most of you. Dou you think the Cowboys will match the Eagles' offer sheet on Fowler? I'm pretty sure you would get a 6th round pick if the Cowboys refuse to match it, but I am not 100% on it. If you have not heard the parameters of the deal by the Eagles, it is a 4 yr, 10.25 mil contract with about 4 mil in the first year. Tell me what you think.
He was a UDFA in '04 so therefore(unless we tendered him to a 2nd which is highly doubtful) we will not get any of YOUR picks, however if we dont fill that need thorugh FA then we would get a compensatory pick. And no, It doesn't sound like back up money. And he is strictly a backup in Dallas

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks, that's actually good news to an extent. Our FO is apparently very impressed with him. Do any of you guys know why they would be impressed with a backup like him? Tell me about his work ethic and his style of play and all of that stuff if you could please. Thanks.

dc4life
03-12-2007, 06:16 PM

I'm pretty sure we get no compenstation for Folwer since he wasn't drafted. I don't think Dallas will match and you should take a look at this article posted today.

Monday, 03/12/07
Fowler signs Titans' offer sheet

By PAUL KUHARSKY
Staff Writer

Though his agent said Sunday that linebacker Ryan Fowler would sign an offer sheet with Philadelphia and though the Eagles announced it in an email, the restricted free agent linebacker apparently had a late change of heart.

Before the deal with the Eagles was complete, Fowler decided today he preferred the Titans and Tennessee announced he’d signed its offer sheet.

Agent Alan Herman told The Tennessean Sunday that the two teams had offered nearly identical four-year deals worth $10.5 million. He did not disclose how much of it would come in the form of a bonus and if there were any additional guarantees.

Herman could not be reached for comment.

Once the offer sheet is official, the Cowboys will have seven days to match it and retain Fowler. If they don’t match, he’ll move on and cost the Titans nothing in draft-pick compensation because he came into the league as an undrafted free agent.

When he expected his client to sign Philadelphia’s sheet, Herman said he didn’t expect Dallas to match.

According to Herman, the offer sheet is for a four-year deal worth $11.5 million – topping Philly’s four-year, $10 million proposal.

Of the $11.5 million Fowler is slated to make from the Titans, he’d get $5 million in the first year, with $4 million of that in bonuses.

Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said he hoped the structure of the deal serves to dissuade Dallas from matching.

“We think Ryan can compete for our starting middle linebacker spot and he has already proven to be an excellent special teams performer,” Reinfeldt said. “We also like the fact that we are still getting a young NFL player, who has proven some things, but can continue to grow with our team.”

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070312/SPORTS01/70312050/1027

dc4life
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
He coulda had a better career with the eagles imo.

Staubach12
03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't agree with this entirely. As you could make the argument that any player drafted in the first round is depth because they probably won't be an instant starter.

However, they will contribute on ST.

OL DO NOT F'ING CONTRIBUTE unless they are starters. That is why they are drafted late. How many times do we have to say it?

OL should not be drafted on the first day.

I agree. I just mean we eventually expect Carp to be a starter. To make an impact. But Blalock wouldn't start for 4-5 years. There's no need for that kind of depth.

Paul
03-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Or possibly he outplays Kosier during the camp, and he can be that mauler we all wanted in the middle of the season. But I agree that he is way down my list when it comes to the 1st round pick. Ask me a couple months ago and he would of been Top pick.

MicktheGreat
03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
As somebody already posted, the Titans signed Ryan Fowler to an offer sheet.

As a Titans' fan, I was just curious--What kind of player is Fowler??? Is he good against the run or the pass or what??? Any kind of upside???

Paul
03-12-2007, 09:24 PM
As somebody already posted, the Titans signed Ryan Fowler to an offer sheet.

As a Titans' fan, I was just curious--What kind of player is Fowler??? Is he good against the run or the pass or what??? Any kind of upside???

Should be a solid contributor, nothing spectacular, but I guess he could be pretty good and impressed some team scouts since a couple teams are going after him. Not going to hurt my feelings if he leaves or stays.

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 01:45 PM

Tennessee put an offer sheet on Fowler, not you.

TNewFan41
03-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I agree. I just mean we eventually expect Carp to be a starter. To make an impact. But Blalock wouldn't start for 4-5 years. There's no need for that kind of depth.

Incorrect, Blalock would take Kosiar's spot, and make him a valueable back-up, which is all he really is. He is the only person that can hold our o-line back. I am not content with him. That is why we should draft an OG. Manuel Ramirez would be best, because we have NO depth, and a 3rd round pick doesn't really need to have a big impact in year 1, or even year 2. I think we should, and I see it as a serious possibilty, to pick Manuel Ramirez.

thule
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Well we found our replacement for Fabini...to backup the two tackle positions.

The Cowboys made the second addition to their offensive line through free agency by agreeing to a one-year deal with tackle Jim Molinaro on Tuesday.

Molinaro played in only 15 games in three seasons with Washington, but is a possibility as a backup at left and right tackle with Dallas.

A fifth-round pick by Washington in 2004, Molinaro, 6-6, 310 pounds, was not tendered a contract by the Redskins, allowing him to sign with any team without compensation.

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Jamel Richardson!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

Paul
03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Pssshh, Jamel Richardson? Brock Berlin is the real story today.

TNewFan41
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Ken Hamlin was signed.