PDA

View Full Version : Kicker, "Esteban" Ocho Cinco

D-Unit
08-21-2009, 04:14 PM
So what did you guys think of that yesterday? Was Marvin Lewis practicing something for real or did he just let Chad have some fun? I thought it was hilarious myself.

If he starts kicking extra points, that'll boost his fantasy value!!! LOLZ.

Hurricanes25
08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
He actually looked pretty good kicking the ball last night. He has always said that soccer is his best sport so maybe when he is too old to play WR, he could have a career as a place kicker.

YAYareaRB
08-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Didn't he say he could beat Michael Phelps in swimming? Or did he know people who could?

T-RICH49
08-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I just saw it.that was truly awesome

SeanTaylorRIP
08-21-2009, 04:32 PM
From what I know the Bengals have seen him kick for a while now and he's always been their emergency kicker. Still it was funny as hell to watch and actually see him kick it nice. Hell his kickoffs went further than any crap I've seen from the Skins in a while. It would be funny though if he pulled his hammy kicking a preseason PAT. Ocho is the greatest, don't get Ocho haters.

Splat
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
The PAT didn't really do much for me but the kickoff I have to say was solid I have seen alot worse in KC by true kickers.

WMD
08-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Ocho Cinco is the man. I've always liked him but just seeing him on Hard Knocks has made me enjoy him even more. He's hilarious.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Ocho Cinco is the man. I've always liked him but just seeing him on Hard Knocks has made me enjoy him even more. He's hilarious.

Seriously. I've always been a fan, and I think he's hilarious especially on Hard Knocks.

E-Man
08-21-2009, 08:54 PM
This thread just needs someone to say "child please." lol

ThePudge
08-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought it was both hilarious and impressive. Still, I'd like the Bengals to be able to kick field goals this season, so I would like Shayne to get back into the lineup. Ocho's having himself an offseason.

awfullyquiet
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
If it keeps ocho happy. It keeps me happy.

I like him. And I like this... he didn't look half bad as a kicker either.

scottyboy
08-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Ocho is the man.

Child pleasing the movie Supersize Me?

"movies aren't real?"

greatest thing...ever

Brent
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM
child please, how can someone hate on Ocho?

KCJ58
08-21-2009, 10:54 PM
the Bengals already placed their franschise tag on another Kicker

PalmerToCJ
08-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I lol'd when he nailed the extra point.

We also got the ball down to about the 8 yard line, I was begging the TV to put him in there to kick the FG. I'd say he had a pretty solid shot at hitting it haha.

He's looking VERY good at his other position, WR. Chad should have a huge year.

the decider13
08-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Child please, ocho is the man. He is gonna destroy this season. Gonna lead in fantasy points because of TDs, FGs, and PATs. What a beast.

WMD
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM
I thought the **** talk from Chris Crocker to Chad in the first episode was great. Crocker said something along the lines of "Hey sugar, or delicious, or whatever you call yourself these days..." Definitely got a good laugh out of me.

themaninblack
08-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Ocho Cinco kickin the ball was awesome. I figured they were going to make Kevin Huber kick that PAT after they had just opted to go for it on those fourth downs in New England's territory. I laughed out loud when they showed Chad lining up for it. That kickoff was actually a lot more impressive than the PAT though. Shayne has some trouble with that from time to time. I was just praying he wouldn't get hurt, that would have been a fiasco.

On another note, that's what I am just loving about Hard Knocks. It really gives you an idea what some of these players are like instead of how they are portrayed in the media. I cannot believe how funny Carson Palmer's personality is. He always seems like this stoic and serious person that its really interesting to see him(and others) with that kind of full access. When he told one of the receivers he was gonna "kick him square in the balls" if he dropped another pass and was talking about the quality of gatorade powder to water mixture I could not stop laughing.

aNYtitan
08-22-2009, 12:36 AM
He did good, but if he can make like a 35-40 yarder, then by all means trot him out at kicker when needed.

Thumper
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM
lol in the post game he said he could nail a 60 yarder.

steelernation77
08-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I think that it's great that the Bengals are letting Chad do whatever he wants. It works out nicely when he starts trying to show up his coaches with sideline tirades later in the year.

themaninblack
08-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I think that it's great that the Bengals are letting Chad do whatever he wants. It works out nicely when he starts trying to show up his coaches with sideline tirades later in the year.

I don't see how this really has anything to do with "letting him do whatever he wants". Shayne Graham was a late scratch from the lineup and we didn't have a backup kicker.

StripedWalrus
08-22-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't see how this really has anything to do with "letting him do whatever he wants". Shayne Graham was a late scratch from the lineup and we didn't have a backup kicker.

Plus they couldn't use Huber to kick because Huber Kicks lefty and we don't have a placeholder that can hold it lefty.

PalmerToCJ
08-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Right... It's not like they're letting him call the plays. They let him kick the ball twice in a preseason game. I thought it was a good way to loosen Chad up and let him have some fun.