PDA

View Full Version : Players on the bubble

Ravens1991
08-21-2009, 07:39 PM
What players are on the bubble for making it in the NFL?

RB-Peerman,Lawrence,Parmele
FB-Cook
TE-Jones,Smolko

on the defense

LB-Burgress
CB-Oglesby,Martin (from the article in the paper it sounds like we will keep Walker)

dcarey20
08-24-2009, 12:02 AM
There's obviously still 3 games left in pre-season, so things could change, but Smolko and Oglesby probably are longshots at this point, I really don't see much chance they make it. I wouldn't say they're on the bubble. I would say the same for Matt Lawrence, not that any of those 3 backs have really seperated themselves, but Parmele has the advantage of being with the team last season, and Peerman has the advantage of the team spending a 6th round pick on him.

I would agree with all the other ones. Cook, Burgess, Martin, Peerman, and Parmele are all bubble guys. I gues you can throw Dannell Ellerbe in there as well, he's been really really good IMO, more than good enough to make the squad, but there's just so much depth at linebacker and so many guys that are locks or not far from being locks.

Dwan Edwards is another interesting one, I would guess he has a spot, but we've got some really good depth across the line and alot of guys who can play multiple spots.

Should be interesting.

My 53 man prediction:

QB - Flacco, Smith, Beck
RB - McGahee, Rice, Peerman
FB - McClain
WR - Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington, Harper
TE - Heap, Smith, Drew,
OT - Gaither, Oher, Cousins
OG - Grubbs, Yanda, Chester
C - Birk, Hale

DL - Ngata, Pryce, Gregg, Bannan, McKinney, Edwards
LB - Lewis, Suggs, Gooden, Johnson, Kruger, Barnes, Ayanbedejo, Phillips, McClain, Ellerbe
CB - Foxworth, Washington, Rolle, Carr, Webb, Walker
S - Reed, Landry, Zbikowski, Nakamura, Martin

K - Hauschka
P - Koch
LS - Katula

Ravens1991
08-24-2009, 12:16 AM
great list. I just DK if we will keep 5 safetys around. I would prefer us to cut Martin and keep Ellerbe.

Maybe practice squad Cousins or Hale, god for bid a starting o-lineman goes down but our starters are so versatile they can move and we bump in Yanda or something.

dcarey20
08-24-2009, 02:36 AM
great list. I just DK if we will keep 5 safetys around. I would prefer us to cut Martin and keep Ellerbe.

Maybe practice squad Cousins or Hale, god for bid a starting o-lineman goes down but our starters are so versatile they can move and we bump in Yanda or something.

I would really be against practice squadding either of them, and I don't really think that's a practical option either.

First, both of those guys were fairly high draft picks not too long ago and could easily get scooped up by another team (in fact if by some crazy chance one of the two was sent to the PS I'd be surprised if they weren't).

Second, Hale has actually been doing pretty well from what I've heard and with his recent move to center, he could have a future with the team at that position considering Matt Birk's age and the overall uncertainty that always seems to surround Chris Chester and his future.

And third, I realize alot of our guys are versatile but Cousins is really the only backup we've got at tackle (as bad as he may look at times, he may be the guy if either Gaither or Oher go down). Yanda and Hale are the only others that have any experience there whatsoever, but both of them really haven't played tackle at all since being with us, and are IMO pretty firmly set in their roles at guard and center.