PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crabtree

Pages : [1] 2

The Legend
08-24-2009, 07:03 AM
I got a few questions an I was wondering if anyone knew the answers.

If he reenters the draft do the 49ers get another pick?
Can't the 49ers trade him? Why not trade the guy if your going to end up with nothing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

Gay Ork Wang
08-24-2009, 07:25 AM
No the 9ers dont get a pick

I believe the tradeline was 15th August for unsigned rookies. at least thats what said in the other threads.

so yea there are already 2 threads for this and prolly should be in the team forum

Brent
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
If he reenters the draft do the 49ers get another pick?
No, you make the pick, you take the risk that comes with it.
Can't the 49ers trade him?
The 14th was the cut off date to do so. Regardless, if they can't sign him, you think some other team would? No.
Why not trade the guy if your going to end up with nothing.
See above.

/thread

YAYareaRB
08-24-2009, 11:43 AM
What's with this re-entry talk? Didn't his agent already say no such threat was made.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Regardless, if they can't sign him, you think some other team would? No.

49'ers own the rights to him until next draft. if he could just sign with anyone then there's no point in having the draft at all right?

What's with this re-entry talk? Didn't his agent already say no such threat was made.

there's no other option if he isn't signed.

YAYareaRB
08-24-2009, 11:57 AM
there's no other option if he isn't signed.

Do you guys honestly think he's gonna go the whole season without signing?

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Do you guys honestly think he's gonna go the whole season without signing?
word is he doesnt want to play for them either so idk whats going through his mind.

YAYareaRB
08-24-2009, 12:19 PM
word is he doesnt want to play for them either so idk whats going through his mind.

Do you have a link to this "word" ?

Brent
08-24-2009, 02:24 PM
49'ers own the rights to him until next draft. if he could just sign with anyone then there's no point in having the draft at all right?
I meant if he was traded. They would have to trade for him, then sign him. Do you really think any team would offer him more than what the Niners already have in addition to what they would have to trade?

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-24-2009, 02:26 PM
I meant if he was traded. They would have to trade for him, then sign him. Do you really think any team would offer him more than what the Niners already have in addition to what they would have to trade?

a desperate team that NEEDS a WR sure i could see it. they'd have to have the contract set up and ready to sign though before any trade goes through and im not sure i see that happening.

Do you have a link to this "word" ?i have what i heard on NFL Network is that ok? not everything comes with a link.

wicket
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM

I actually think its not that weird a thought. If you were for instance the ravens or some other team bound to pick late in the first next year and you can trade that pick to the 9ers the niners at least get an extra first rounder out of it and the team trading for him 'only' has to pay him the money of a receiver picked in the draft where crabs was picked. If I were some team needing a wide receiver (ravens or whatever) and you have solid info that crabs just flatout doesnt wanna play in SF I'd see if I can get something done here. Basicly it would be an outside shot to turn your late first round pick of next year into a top10 pick in this years draft and it only costs you overpaying the player somewhat.

TitleTown088
08-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Crabtree sounds like a real dick.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Crabtree sounds like a real dick.you never know though with agents behind the scenes.

TitleTown088
08-24-2009, 03:13 PM
you never know though with agents behind the scenes.

Of course the agent plays a big role, but its ultimately on the player.

phlysac
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
i have what i heard on NFL Network is that ok? not everything comes with a link.

Alot/Most of the things said on NFL Network is/are commentary, NOT FACTUAL.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Alot/Most of the things said on NFL Network is/are commentary, NOT FACTUAL.

goddamn did i once say what i heard was 100% true? no thats why i said "what i heard".

YAYareaRB
08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
i have what i heard on NFL Network is that ok? not everything comes with a link.

Everything credible should come with one.

drowe
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
49ers should just wait him out now. any chance of him contributing this year is out the window.

there is gonna come a point where the braintrust of Crabtree/Parker realizes that their chances of signing for a fair market, #10 overall contract are fading away, and if he re-enters the draft in 2010, he'd be lucky to make the first round.

Eugene Parker wants to get paid. Michael Crabtree wants to get paid, and deep down, probably wants to play at some point. 49ers have all the leverage right now.

vikes_28
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Harvin for Crabtree strait up! :D

phlysac
08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
goddamn did i once say what i heard was 100% true? no thats why i said "what i heard".

Actually, you said "the word is".

I'll ask... who's word? What words? The more context you have allows for more credibility. I'm not challenging you. I'm challenging the person you say you heard say it. Without knowing what was said, all I can do is assume it's a laughable commentary.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
if we lived in a perfect world.

Actually, you said "the word is".

I'll ask... who's word? What words? The more context you have allows for more credibility. I'm not challenging you. I'm challenging the person you say you heard say it. Without knowing what was said, all I can do is assume it's a laughable commentary.the word is the word of who said it. i dont remember who said it. obviously whoever said it heard it from someone else.

where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Borat
08-24-2009, 04:11 PM
That's weird. I haven't heard once about him not wanting to play for the Niners.

YAYareaRB
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
if we lived in a perfect world.

the word is the word of who said it. i dont remember who said it. obviously whoever said it heard it from someone else.

where there's smoke there's usually fire.

MOST of the stuff put on here has links. You don't need a perfect world to have credible information.

wogitalia
08-25-2009, 12:47 AM
This one is starting to get really interesting.

After the affect that a year had off had on Mike Williams does anyone think a team would touch Crabtree on the first day next year? This is a guy who was never timed(iirc) this year, had some character issues heading into the draft(mostly around ego), didn't test as well as expected in any of the tests he did do and is now asking for more money than his draft position justifies.

Crabtree is getting very close to that point where he ends his career before it ever really starts and if it is his agent that is causing it he needs to step up and terminate it, if he is at fault then there really is nothing anyone can do for him now.

steelersfan43
08-25-2009, 12:50 AM
MOST of the stuff put on here has links. You don't need a perfect world to have credible information.

Not everything deserves its own article.

brat316
08-25-2009, 01:54 AM
seriously why does he want more money than where he was picked? Do you think you really deserve top 5 money, even though you were picked 10th? You were picked where u were picked.

Who else is unsigned?
Andre Smith, Crabtree, Aaron Maybin

When was the last time it took this long to sign all of the rookies, or that this many sat our for this long?

Russell hold the record right?

WMD
08-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Maybin signed last week.. It's down to Andre Smith and Michael Crabtree.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Bush tried to play the Saints for a while for #1 money.

YAYareaRB
08-25-2009, 10:42 AM
He's trying to play us for #3 money or something like that.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mike-singletary-eyes.jpg

"Can't do it.. "

senormysterioso
08-25-2009, 10:51 AM
I think he just won't settle for any less than DHB got...which sort of makes sense because nobody in football except Al Davis thinks DHB is a better receiver than Crabs.

PACKmanN
08-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I think he just won't settle for any less than DHB got...which sort of makes sense because nobody in football except Al Davis thinks DHB is a better receiver than Crabs.

That doesn't matter, its he say. Reality is that Crabtree was taken 10th overall, if he doesn't like it then he can always go play for dimes somewhere else.

It should be a rule if a rookie doesn't join his team before the start of the first preseason game then they get fined by the team.

Borat
08-25-2009, 11:14 AM
**** Crabtree. I'm so sick of this bastard. The team has a standing offer that is 18% over what the previous #10 pick got last year. This slots him directly between the #9 and #11 picks this year. That is a fair offer. And he'll eventually sign it. And he'll instantly become a 10-digit millionaire. And he's essentially thrown away his rookie season. And he essentially will get all this money for nothing this year. So ... yeah ... **** Crabtree.

bigbluedefense
08-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Diva.

Thats why he fell in the first place. Recognize your own flaws young man. The NFL will welcome you harshly.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-25-2009, 11:24 AM
it makes no kind of sense. he got picked #10 and should get paid more than #9 and less than #11. it's just that simple. whether he thinks he's the best player in the draft.

cvv84
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
it makes no kind of sense. he got picked #10 and should get paid more than #9 and less than #11. it's just that simple. whether he thinks he's the best player in the draft.

I'm sure you meant less than the #9 and more than the #11 ;)

YAYareaRB
08-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm sure you meant less than the #9 and more than the #11 ;)

Ahhhhh yeah I see

senormysterioso
08-25-2009, 01:07 PM

That's what his agent is arguing. He's trying to break the slotting system because I'm sure that the 49ers management have told him that he was the top guy on their board, and most everybody in, associated with, or even following the NFL thinks that Crabtree is better than Hayward Bey. Crabtree's teams position is if you think I'm better than this guy, pay me more than him. They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-25-2009, 01:19 PM
That's what his agent is arguing. He's trying to break the slotting system because I'm sure that the 49ers management have told him that he was the top guy on their board, and most everybody in, associated with, or even following the NFL thinks that Crabtree is better than Hayward Bey. Crabtree's teams position is if you think I'm better than this guy, pay me more than him. They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.
Bush did too. Saints Big Board that year was I believe

Reggie Bush
AJ Hawk
Mario Williams

Charley Casserley gave us a give and picked Mario. Bush wanted #1 money because he was #1 on our board but he got picked 2nd and was paid #2 money.

Brent
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.
Tough ****.

FinChase
08-25-2009, 02:56 PM

Well, too bad for Crabtree! If you think you're so much better, come in and play lights out better than DHB and score a fantastic second contract.

Rookies shouldn't be paid this kind of money anyway without earning it first, but that's a separate issue.

tjsunstein
08-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Crabtree is not starting off his career well. If he's so much better than DHB, get on the football field and prove it. No better way. Talk is cheap.

Watchman
08-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Whether or not Crabtree was #1 on the 49ers board is moot. Whether or not everyone thought (key word being thought) Crabtree was the best receiver in draft is also moot. He wasn't the highest rated receiver in the draft, he wasn't the first receiver off the board, he was picked 10th, and that's fact. He gets slotted just like all the other rookies. That's the way it is, and I highly doubt that Crabtree is the kind of player an NFL team is going to disregard the established slotting system for.

I desperately want him to re-enter the draft next year so he can slip out of the 1st round. I can see it now, "you should pay me DHB money because the 49ers had me rated higher than him in the 2009 draft." Classic.

YAYareaRB
08-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Whether or not Crabtree was #1 on the 49ers board is moot. Whether or not everyone thought (key word being thought) Crabtree was the best receiver in draft is also moot. He wasn't the highest rated receiver in the draft, he wasn't the first receiver off the board, he was picked 10th, and that's fact. He gets slotted just like all the other rookies. That's the way it is, and I highly doubt that Crabtree is the kind of player an NFL team is going to disregard the established slotting system for.

I desperately want him to re-enter the draft next year so he can slip out of the 1st round. I can see it now, "you should pay me DHB money because the 49ers had me rated higher than him in the 2009 draft." Classic.

He wasn't the highest rated WR in the draft?

Bucs_Rule
08-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Unless your drafting Top 3 the player you picked will be ranked higher than the slot you pick him at. The further into the draft you go the more that gap increases. Its not unusual in Crabs case, every draft some teams get tremendous perceived value on their picks.

phlysac
08-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I am against the Crabtree holdout but not enough of the attention has been drawn to the fact that the Raiders paid Darrius Haeyward-Bey far more than the 18% yearly increase. Crabtree's agent "reportedly" wants the same increase as well.

GhostDeini
08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Misleading college stats from gimmicky offense and still not with team by 3rd pre season game. I smell a future bust.

FinChase
08-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Misleading college stats from gimmicky offense and still not with team by 3rd pre season game. I smell a future bust.

There's nothing misleading about his talent; it's for real. But he's an idiot for holding out the way he's doing. His attitude, not his talent, may cause him to bust.

Flyboy
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Bush tried to play the Saints for a while for #1 money.

That was never the case..

WMD
08-26-2009, 03:44 PM
San Fran should trade his rights to the Broncos for Brandon Marshall.

cvv84
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
San Fran should trade his rights to the Broncos for Brandon Marshall.

Too bad the deadline to trade rookies was 2 weeks ago.

YAYareaRB
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM

Usually the gimmicky offenses are misleading for QBs, not the guys who catch the ball.

awfullyquiet
08-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Usually the gimmicky offenses are misleading for QBs, not the guys who catch the ball.

you still have to run routes...

YAYareaRB
08-26-2009, 03:56 PM

Same with everyone else in the country.

Flyboy
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM

Jeremy Maclin?

Watchman
08-26-2009, 04:09 PM
He wasn't the highest rated WR in the draft?

Clearly the Raiders had DHB rated higher. You can say whatever you want about Crabtree - top 5 talent, top rated WR, etc. The fact is that he wasn't the 1st WR drafted, and he wasn't a top 5 pick. He was picked 10th, he gets paid that way.

YAYareaRB
08-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Clearly the Raiders had DHB rated higher. You can say whatever you want about Crabtree - top 5 talent, top rated WR, etc. The fact is that he wasn't the 1st WR drafted, and he wasn't a top 5 pick. He was picked 10th, he gets paid that way.

The Raiders also had Michael Mitchell as that top rated safety...

I thought you meant that he wasn't top rated like by Kiper and Mayock, stuff like that.

dabears10
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM

This is not totally true. The spread offenses create more space and easier reads for College QB's but also allow more space for the wide out for the run after the catch as well as an easier time dealing with safeties.

YAYareaRB
08-26-2009, 04:47 PM
This is not totally true. The spread offenses create more space and easier reads for College QB's but also allow more space for the wide out for the run after the catch as well as an easier time dealing with safeties.

Well when it's all said and done, they still have to catch the ball like everyone else. Crabtree was even allowed to show off his ability to run after catch in those screens they run so well.

dabears10
08-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Well when it's all said and done, they still have to catch the ball like everyone else. Crabtree was even allowed to show off his ability to run after catch in those screens they run so well.

Oh, I am just saying it can skew a receivers numbers as well. I think Crabtree is going to be a player. He just needs to get in camp.

YAYareaRB
08-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Oh, I am just saying it can skew a receivers numbers as well. I think Crabtree is going to be a player. He just needs to get in camp.

No denying he needs to be in camp. Damn I wish he would just sign with us already. MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!

Bucs_Rule
08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Camp and preseason are huge for rookies. If I was an owner I would start to reduce my offer the longer a player misses camp. You don't pay a player just to show up for games, but to get prepared to play as good as possible. For rookies their first season is about improving themselves to play at a high level, the second and third season is when they really step up and earn big salaries.

If they miss camp their improvement in rookie year is greatly reduced. Missing a bunch of regular season games is less important than going to camp.

After camp is over I would demand they take less than last season got. They will have to take that as they'd lose so much if they re-entered the draft. They'd likely sit out the first bunch of games, but the impact of those games isn't so big if they've already missed camp.

wicket
08-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Other thing ive been wondering. why do all those negotiations start so late?

tjsunstein
08-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Other thing ive been wondering. why do all those negotiations start so late?

It usually trickles down after the 1st pick is signed and so forth to about the 10th then everyone knows what they will be getting and signs but it hasnt' worked out that way.

Brent
08-27-2009, 10:05 AM
"On Crabtree, my first guess: Labor Day. A day or two before; a day or two after. That's the most likely time for him to accept SF's deal"
-Matt Maiocco, Niners beat writer.

PACKmanN
08-27-2009, 10:13 AM
i feel sorry for who ever has to draft in the top 10 next year, this is of course if Crabtree gets the money he wants.

S T R I N G
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Camp and preseason are huge for rookies. If I was an owner I would start to reduce my offer the longer a player misses camp. You don't pay a player just to show up for games, but to get prepared to play as good as possible. For rookies their first season is about improving themselves to play at a high level, the second and third season is when they really step up and earn big salaries.

If they miss camp their improvement in rookie year is greatly reduced. Missing a bunch of regular season games is less important than going to camp.

After camp is over I would demand they take less than last season got. They will have to take that as they'd lose so much if they re-entered the draft. They'd likely sit out the first bunch of games, but the impact of those games isn't so big if they've already missed camp.

You would make an excellent owner. :rolleyes:

FUNBUNCHER
08-28-2009, 01:14 PM

Just because you have a link to something doesn't make it factual or credible.

I remember when people had links up during the 2008 draft about players who failed drug tests at the combine, and the rumors turned up false.

Watchman
08-28-2009, 06:43 PM
The Raiders also had Michael Mitchell as that top rated safety...

I thought you meant that he wasn't top rated like by Kiper and Mayock, stuff like that.

No, for this discussion his ranking by the media isn't relevant.

YAYareaRB
08-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Just because you have a link to something doesn't make it factual or credible.

I remember when people had links up during the 2008 draft about players who failed drug tests at the combine, and the rumors turned up false.

No but it's much better than: "Word is so and so doesn't wanna play".

FUNBUNCHER
08-28-2009, 10:11 PM
The longer Crabtree sits out, the more overrated he becomes.

It's not like he's a Randy Moss type freak athlete who can expect to excel in the pros simply because he's the best athlete on the field.

He needs to be in TC working on timing with his QB. If Crabtree misses the entire preseason, his rookie year will bust BIG TIME.

Ness
08-29-2009, 06:37 AM
i feel sorry for who ever has to draft in the top 10 next year, this is of course if Crabtree gets the money he wants.

And that's not going to happen. Crabtree is just screwing himself over big time. Plain and simple.

phlysac
08-29-2009, 10:00 PM
As a Niner fan, I am extremely disheartened by Crabtree's situation. I am just hoping that this turns out similarly to one of Eugene Parker's older clients... Deion Sanders held out until a week prior to the opening game.

Brent
08-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Well, if he signs before the first game, he still gets his money. So, whether or not he shows up now or September 12th, it doesnt matter much.

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2009, 04:15 PM
I love how people are finding ways to subtly blame the Raiders (Davis and Bey specifically) for Michael Crabtree's holdout. This is on no one but Crabtree and his team. They are the ones trying to break the slotting system that has been in place for so long. the Raiders have nothing to do with it. They actually got their 1st round pick in time--the reciprocal of that is also true--their first round pick actually came in on time and didn't hold out.

nobodyinparticular
08-30-2009, 04:21 PM

You would make an excellent owner. :rolleyes:

That's what AJ Smith does and he's widely regarded as one of the best GMs in the business. To be honest, I think this is only fair. In the Raiders' scenario, they paid Jamarcus Russell a 6-year deal but they only got 5 years out of him because he missed so much time from his holdout. So that means, in reality, the yearly salary of Russell's contract was even more bloated than on paper.

If I'm a GM/owner, I will pay you for what I am going to get out of you. As you skip camp/preseason looking for more money the time I have you in season 1 goes down. And thus so will your contract offer.

It's worked for Smith.

The Legend
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I wonder if he would of had a money issue with the Raiders...

The Legend
08-30-2009, 05:25 PM
And that's not going to happen. Crabtree is just screwing himself over big time. Plain and simple.

Not to mention the 49ers

OzTitan
08-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I love how people are finding ways to subtly blame the Raiders (Davis and Bey specifically) for Michael Crabtree's holdout. This is on no one but Crabtree and his team. They are the ones trying to break the slotting system that has been in place for so long. the Raiders have nothing to do with it. They actually got their 1st round pick in time--the reciprocal of that is also true--their first round pick actually came in on time and didn't hold out.

Right, and that may very well end up being half the reason why Crabtree was 2nd off the board anyway - attitude and character. These days, as legitimate a concern as anything else. So what it boils down to is Crabtree was taken as the 2nd WR and should be paid as such.

Ness
08-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Not to mention the 49ers
How are we getting screwed? Because he's not in camp? Please, a rookie wide receiver isn't going to make or break our season. It's rare that one ever makes a huge impact. Crabtree is just going to prove that he was a dumbass for holding out as long as he did. He'll sign before the season starts if he doesn't want to lose his money that he would be receiving during actual games. And since he apparently cares so much about his money, he'll be signed. Like I said, Crabtree is just screwing himself over by missing valuable training camp time.

PACKmanN
08-31-2009, 12:11 AM
How are we getting screwed? Because he's not in camp? Please, a rookie wide receiver isn't going to make or break our season. It's rare that one ever makes a huge impact. Crabtree is just going to prove that he was a dumbass for holding out as long as he did. He'll sign before the season starts if he doesn't want to lose his money that he would be receiving during actual games. And since he apparently cares so much about his money, he'll be signed. Like I said, Crabtree is just screwing himself over by missing valuable training camp time.

He would make a impact on an offense needing one...plus, if he does go back to the draft, the 49ers lost a top 10 pick.

brat316
08-31-2009, 12:45 AM

not really screwing himself, unless the money starts going less and less. Just like you said, he knows he won't be able to make a huge difference as a rookie WR. He pretty much will end up getting paid for the year, even with little playing time since he doesn't know the offense. This is if he signs before the first game. Now he can loose money if they start taking away money from the current deal that is on the table.

He'll be there for the next training camp, and will be ready for the next year.

Ness
08-31-2009, 01:37 AM
not really screwing himself, unless the money starts going less and less. Just like you said, he knows he won't be able to make a huge difference as a rookie WR. He pretty much will end up getting paid for the year, even with little playing time since he doesn't know the offense. This is if he signs before the first game. Now he can loose money if they start taking away money from the current deal that is on the table.

He'll be there for the next training camp, and will be ready for the next year.

You just proved my point. He'd be losing money if he didn't sign by the start of the season because his pay would be docked due to not being in games. So he would be screwing himself because the money WOULD be amounting to less and less. Since money is so important to him, it would be wise to sign instead of waiting on a fantasy deal that any team wouldn't offer him.

Not only that, but he won't learn the offense as well as he could of had he started training camp...and he'd be getting worse as a player. Missing practice is going to be a detrimental to his future success as a good wide receiver. And as we all know, the good players get the most money. If he doesn't want to end up like Mike Williams, he should get himself in camp ASAP.

He's probably going to sign by Labor Day and just end up looking like a dumbass for waiting for something that was never going to happen in the first place.

Ness
08-31-2009, 01:40 AM
He would make a impact on an offense needing one...plus, if he does go back to the draft, the 49ers lost a top 10 pick.

And he would lose that just the contract we're offering NOW and drop. And losing a top 10 pick would be better than caving in and giving Crabtree the deal that he wanted. And all offseason the word out of camp is the group of receivers the 49ers have now have been the best in quite some time. Not only that, but Vernon Davis is FINALLY being used to his potential. The first time since Norv Turner was around. A reason I was never really worried about Crabtree's status in the first place.

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2009, 07:30 AM

Except the Niners look like they at least need the threat of Crabtree on the field desperately.

Even when he signs, I get the feeling he and Singletary are going to clash from the 1st day throughout the rest of the season.

If Singletary felt the need to break Vernon Davis down, who came into the league from UMD with a rep for being a stand-up, team oriented guy, how's Coach Mike gonna deal with a true diva rookie WR in Crabtree??

From a distance, he looks like Antonio Bryant, v. 2.0.

Borat
08-31-2009, 10:34 AM
If Singletary felt the need to break Vernon Davis down, who came into the league from UMD with a rep for being a stand-up, team oriented guy, how's Coach Mike gonna deal with a true diva rookie WR in Crabtree??

Where did you get that from? VD was a "diva" from day one. Team oriented? He's been all about himself from the beginning.

PACKmanN
08-31-2009, 10:58 AM
And he would lose that just the contract we're offering NOW and drop. And losing a top 10 pick would be better than caving in and giving Crabtree the deal that he wanted. And all offseason the word out of camp is the group of receivers the 49ers have now have been the best in quite some time. Not only that, but Vernon Davis is FINALLY being used to his potential. The first time since Norv Turner was around. A reason I was never really worried about Crabtree's status in the first place.

better? how better can they be? You guys havent had a threat at WR since T.O.

phlysac
08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
better? how better can they be?

Michael Crabtree
Isaac Bruce
Josh Morgan
Brandon Jones
Arnaz Battle
Jason Hill
Dominique Zeigler
Michael Spurlock

is FAR AND AWAY better than...

Let me refresh your memory... Since Terrell Owens left San Francisco

Brandon Lloyd
Cedric Wilson
Curtis Conway
Arnaz Battle
PJ Fleck
Derrick Hamilton
Rashaun Woods

Brandon Lloyd
Johnnie Morton
Arnaz Battle
Otis Amey
Rasheed Marshall
Marcus Maxwell
Jason McAddley

Antonio Bryant
Arnaz Battle
Bryan Gilmore
Taylor Jacobs
Brandon Williams

Darrell Jackson
Arnaz Battle
Bryan Gilmore
Jason Hill
Taylor Jacobs
Ashley Lelie
Michael Lewis
Brandon Williams

Isaac Bruce
Bryant Johnson
Arnaz Battle
Josh Morgan
Jason Hill
Dominique Zeigler

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Where did you get that from? VD was a "diva" from day one. Team oriented? He's been all about himself from the beginning.

I never once heard about Davis complaining that he wasn't the focal point of the 49ers offense. EVER.
He's got the physical tools to be the most dominant receiving TE in the league, and yet his coaches are emphasizing the need for him to become a more effective run blocker, which he does willingly.

Do you have an example(s) of where Vernon Davis was a 'diva' in San Fran, a la T.O. or Ocho Cinco??

I'll be waiting....:rolleyes:

Borat
08-31-2009, 12:19 PM
You want examples? Have you ever seen him play? Watch him after every catch he makes. Watch him beat his chest after the play. Watch him shove his hands and face in his opponents face after the play. And then you should count the number of 15-yard penalties he's accumulated by doing these selfish acts. Watch him taunt the crowd and the subsequent 15-yard penalty that drew in Seattle. These are "diva"-like actions ala T.O. and Chad.

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2009, 01:00 PM
More like the diva starter kit, but far from a T.O. or OchoCinco, IMO.

If trying to rep yourself after every play was enough for diva status, might as well include 90% of the players in the NFL.
Essentially what happened to Vernon Davis in San Fran would be the equivalent of the Vikes drafting Adrain Peterson and telling him they want him to play fullback and block plays for Chester Taylor.

I've never heard Davis slam his coaches, teammates, offensive scheme, or how his talents were being underutilized, as many players in his position would.
Maybe it's a matter of perception, but I don't see Vernon Davis as a diva.

Borat
08-31-2009, 01:16 PM
More like the diva starter kit, but far from a T.O. or OchoCinco, IMO.

If trying to rep yourself after every play was enough for diva status, might as well include 90% of the players in the NFL.
Essentially what happened to Vernon Davis in San Fran would be the equivalent of the Vikes drafting Adrain Peterson and telling him they want him to play fullback and block plays for Chester Taylor.

I've never heard Davis slam his coaches, teammates, offensive scheme, or how his talents were being underutilized, as many players in his position would.
Maybe it's a matter of perception, but I don't see Vernon Davis as a diva.

Sure, but when you're repping yourself at the cost of 15 yards against your team (this has happened many times to VD) then you're going beyond that 90% you mentioned. Hell, he picked up a taunting penalty in a ******* preseason game.

And VD was used for more blocking than receiving because he is a better BLOCKER than he is a receiver. His hands are terrible. His drops forced the team to look elsewhere when throwing the ball (especially on third downs). They instead decided to utilize his blocking more since he has been beastly at that. If he could consistently catch the ball, he'd be the No. 1 option in the passing game. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Brent
08-31-2009, 01:23 PM
I'd rather throw to Delanie Walker 9 times out of 10 than ******* Vernon Davis.

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
And VD was used for more blocking than receiving because he is a better BLOCKER than he is a receiver. His hands are terrible.

You sure that might not have a little bit to do with issues San Fran has had the last few years at QB??
Inconsistent hands, OK. Terrible hands, not really.

Botttom line is if you think Vernon Davis is a headache(!!) wait until Crabtree gets issued his first game uni.

Borat
08-31-2009, 01:36 PM
You sure that might not have a little bit to do with issues San Fran has had the last few years at QB??
Inconsistent hands, OK. Terrible hands, not really.

Yeah, his hands aren't terrible. Maybe I'd call them horrible.

Botttom line is if you think Vernon Davis is a headache(!!) wait until Crabtree gets issued his first game uni.

I would be surprised if Crabtree is a headache on the field. That would pretty much be the exact opposite of what I expect.

Brent
08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, his hands aren't terrible. Maybe I'd call them horrible.
I'd call them "made of stone"

I would be surprised if Crabtree is a headache on the field. That would pretty much be the exact opposite of what I expect.
I don't expect him to get penalties, as he'll be on the ******* bench if he's even on the roster.

papa burgundy
09-01-2009, 06:35 AM
vernon isnt a diva hes just an idiot.. he's not gonna complain about the amount of touches he gets but when he gets touches hes gonna celebrate like theyre super bowl winning catches. and thats why i love him because its ******* hilarious and im waiting for someone to pop him one day for it only for vern to go ballistic and start hitting diamond cutters all over the place.. on players on refs on coaches and even his teammates because vernon is just awesome and dumb like that.

Ness
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Except the Niners look like they at least need the threat of Crabtree on the field desperately.

Even when he signs, I get the feeling he and Singletary are going to clash from the 1st day throughout the rest of the season.

From a distance, he looks like Antonio Bryant, v. 2.0.

Davis had been on the team for a while and his presence on the field and in the locker room was familiar. Crabtree might be holding out for money now, but that doesn't mean he'll be a diva when he finally joins the 49ers. You can't compare the two players and situations like it's black and white.

Ness
09-01-2009, 01:23 PM
better? how better can they be? You guys havent had a threat at WR since T.O.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to this season's training camp.

Brothgar
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I never once heard about Davis complaining that he wasn't the focal point of the 49ers offense. EVER.
He's got the physical tools to be the most dominant receiving TE in the league, and yet his coaches are emphasizing the need for him to become a more effective run blocker, which he does willingly.

Do you have an example(s) of where Vernon Davis was a 'diva' in San Fran, a la T.O. or Ocho Cinco??

I'll be waiting....:rolleyes:

c1jAkPw2iyc

PACKmanN
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
You obviously haven't been paying attention to this season's training camp.

what? just because they're "better" it doesnt mean they're good...like i said, you guys do not have a threat at WR.

YAYareaRB
09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
c1jAkPw2iyc

Look how Mike Nolan couldn't handle VD. Boy I'd love to see a video with that exact same thing happening with Singletary at the helm.

FloridaSkinzFan
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
c1jAkPw2iyc

LMFAO OWNED

Brothgar
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
LMFAO OWNED

I didn't even bring up the pre season game against Dallas. Still looking for a picture of that one.

EDIT

The first time Vernon Davis struck paydirt as a 49er, he struck a pose mimicking the former 49er who made outlandish touchdown celebrations infamous. But that’s as close to Terrell Owens’ end zone antics San Francisco’s exciting rookie TE plans to ever get. Davis envisions touching down in the end zone often with the 49ers this season, and he’ll be ready with his own routine once he gets there.

http://sfo.scout.com/2/562808.html

Ness
09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
what? just because they're "better" it doesnt mean they're good...like i said, you guys do not have a threat at WR.

But that was what I was talking about. Crabtree hasn't been in camp and could very well be a bust. Adding him wouldn't mean we'd have a threat at wide receiver. And if the overall group is the best it has been since 2003, then that is GOOD news. All they have to do now is prove it.

Honestly our receivers would look a lot better if we had better quarterback play. Just like the defense looked better when Shaun Hill stepped in and they actually got a time to rest.

PACKmanN
09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Look how Mike Nolan couldn't handle VD. Boy I'd love to see a video with that exact same thing happening with Singletary at the helm.

you did, he yelled at him, and pulled his pants down.

49ersfan_87
09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I think Crabtree will sign next week. He won't want to lose any game checks.

Vox Populi
09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
you did, he yelled at him, and pulled his pants down.

Lmfao. So good. I love coach Singletary, I hope he has a lot of success as a coach in this league.

+rep too, haha.

FUNBUNCHER
09-01-2009, 07:57 PM

Say what you want about Vernon Davis as a football player, but fighting that dude for 99% of most guys is a BAD idea.

Was that Manny Lawson who thought it was smart to tag VD like that??

IDIOT.

VD is no thug in the least, but the guy has been a freak human being since he was a sophomore in HS, and growing up Davis walked the streets of inner city Washington, DC with no FEAR is his heart for anyone.

Matter of fact, I'd favor VD in fight with any current 49er who's not an interior lineman or big DE, and that includes the incomparable Patrick Willis.

IF that fight had continued to its inevitable conclusion, Lawson, ( or whoever) would have ended up in a Bay area ICU unit.

BTW, from what I saw Mike Nolan calmed the situation down relatively quickly.

Back to the OP, IMO Crabtree will have a leg injury before the season is over and barely contribute.

EDIT: Look closely at that youtube clip you posted, broth223. The DE took a swing at VD first, not the other way around. Anytime someone takes a swing at another player, especially one who could easily bug squash 'em, what did you expect to happen??

Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and Jason Witten would have reacted exactly the same way, LOLOL!!!

It comes off like you're arguing that VD should let some punk defensive player smack him upside the head in practice.

That was not a DIVA moment. IMO.

That was Vernon Davis telling a punk DE to play football, but don't think for minute you wanna get an attitude with me because I'm kicking your butt in practice!!

Vox Populi
09-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Back to the OP, IMO Crabtree will have a leg injury before the season is over and barely contribute.

I think you will break your hands in a texting accident and will miss at least a few weeks before the year is over and barely contribute to the content on these forums.

Thanks for your thoughts and that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP at all. Granted this response has nothing to do with it either, so out of respect for the thread... The 49ers don't get any compensation if he re-enters next years draft, they missed the trading deadline for unsigned rookies as stated earlier in this thread I believe, and they won't trade him because he can't.

phlysac
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Was that Manny Lawson who thought it was smart to tag VD like that??

It was Parys Haralson.

YAYareaRB
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Say what you want about Vernon Davis as a football player, but fighting that dude for 99% of most guys is a BAD idea.

I don't remember saying anything about Vernon Davis.

TitanHope
09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
EDIT: Look closely at that youtube clip you posted, broth223. The DE took a swing at VD first, not the other way around. Anytime someone takes a swing at another player, especially one who could easily bug squash 'em, what did you expect to happen??

Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and Jason Witten would have reacted exactly the same way, LOLOL!!!

It comes off like you're arguing that VD should let some punk defensive player smack him upside the head in practice.

That was not a DIVA moment. IMO.

That was Vernon Davis telling a punk DE to play football, but don't think for minute you wanna get an attitude with me because I'm kicking your butt in practice!!

It's pretty obvious that Davis was talking crap to Haralson right before he got slapped. Haralson shouldn't have swung at him, but Davis flashed his attitude by running his mouth during padless drills.

Gonzalez, Gates, and Witten wouldn't have gotten hit in the first place.

That was a punk, diva, whatever you wanna call it moment, but it was mostly after the fight.

For one, he yells "F*** you n****" at #54 after it.

Then, watch the interaction between Davis and Mike Nolan, and have the volume up. Mike Nolan's trying to talk to him, and he starts walking away from him saying "I'm good," repeatedly. Nolan tells him to "Come here," and then "I'm telling you to come back here," and Davis just keeps walking with his back turned to him.

That last part was what YAY was talking about. No doubt Singletary saw Nolan put up with Davis's crap like that in practices, so he made a statement to him when he sent him to the locker room early in a game last season. My opinion of Singletary has just doubled.

YAYareaRB
09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Not too mention Singletary seems like the kind of coach to jump into a fight hahaha

FUNBUNCHER
09-04-2009, 02:07 AM
TitanHope, why would you grab a player's jersey after he was amped up after swinging punches??

That was dumb on Nolan's part. Better to let Davis cool off for a few minutes, then engage.

And I don't see what you're talking about where VD was talking crap to Haralson before their altercation. VD blocked him out of the play, whipped him pretty good, and then Haralson swung. Plenty of guys talk trash to opposing teammates during practice, but it doesn't start fights.

IMO, taking a swing at a guy because he's kicking your butt in practice is kinda soft in the head.

Taking a swing at VD for most players is just idiotic.

As for what VD said to #54, I'm sure many other football players have been cursed out while trying to encourage someone to immediately calm down after a fight.

Back to the origial OP, Here's hoping the only thing Crabs uses his mitts for is to catch TDs!!!

Chief49er
09-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Crabtree is a friggin idiot.

FloridaSkinzFan
09-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Deion Sanders says that Crabtree believes hes worth $40million and 49ers are offering around 20. Sanders also said multiple teams tried trading for Crabtree back before the deadline who were willing to pay Crabtree what he wanted.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d81263600/Where-s-Crabtree

cvv84
09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Deion Sanders says that Crabtree believes hes worth $40million and 49ers are offering around 20. Sanders also said multiple teams tried trading for Crabtree back before the deadline who were willing to pay Crabtree what he wanted.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d81263600/Where-s-Crabtree

I don't blame Crabtree for getting as much as he can from the 49ers. They have no QB to throw to him. Just imagine Vernon Davis on a different team.

PACKmanN
09-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't blame Crabtree for getting as much as he can from the 49ers. They have no QB to throw to him. Just imagine Vernon Davis on a different team.

just imagine if VD knew how to catch balls thrown towards him.

09-04-2009, 11:12 PM

Just imagine if they had an offensive coordinator willing to get him the ball.

Oh, wait, they do now!

cvv84
09-04-2009, 11:16 PM

They're on what, they're 6th offensive coordinator in 6 years? There's no direction or stability with that team. I don't think it would matter if Crabtree was the 1st rookie to sign because he'll still have Shaun Hill throwing to him.

the decider13
09-04-2009, 11:23 PM
I still think that Alex Smith could be a good pro, I wish Singletary would give him a shot.

brat316
09-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah I guess the 49ers are being cheap, but at least Crab should be realistic 40 million come on.

I still have no idea what Deion is talkng about, Andre Smith got a jib deal.

I don't see where Monroe got less than Raji.

and Guaranteed money wise it fall in order except for Bay, I guess he wants to be like Bay and not fall into the slot system. Guess you should have ran a 40 and played for Oakland.

49ersfan_87
09-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I still think that Alex Smith could be a good pro, I wish Singletary would give him a shot.

He was in a competition with Shaun Hill. He lost.

That's all you need to know about Smith.

Borat
09-04-2009, 11:43 PM
They're on what, they're 6th offensive coordinator in 6 years? There's no direction or stability with that team. I don't think it would matter if Crabtree was the 1st rookie to sign because he'll still have Shaun Hill throwing to him.

Wait. So it's the 9ers fault that they kept hiring offensive coordinators that other teams wanted to hire as their head coach? Kinda like Alex Smith's first OC. What was his name? McCarthy or something? That guy that coaches the Packers now. Wow, the 9ers sure are dumb. They gave Smith a great OC that was highly sought after by Green Bay. Then they followed that up with Norv something or other. Some terrible coach that SD immediately hired as it's head coach. Wow, you're right. SF sure is run by tards.

cvv84
09-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Wait. So it's the 9ers fault that they kept hiring offensive coordinators that other teams wanted to hire as their head coach? Kinda like Alex Smith's first OC. What was his name? McCarthy or something? That guy that coaches the Packers now. Wow, the 9ers sure are dumb. They gave Smith a great OC that was highly sought after by Green Bay. Then they followed that up with Norv something or other. Some terrible coach that SD immediately hired as it's head coach. Wow, you're right. SF sure is run by tards.

Hey, hire from within. The Packers lost 2 offensive coodinators in 2 seasons and they've hired from within to keep the same offensive system instead of brining in new guy after new guy. But I guess common sense flies high in San Fran.

Brothgar
09-05-2009, 12:00 AM
If Crabs reenters the draft then he won't be higher than a 2nd round pick mark my words.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-05-2009, 12:29 AM

fwiw McCarthy was very average while at New Orleans. We called it the "run run pass punt" offense. never understood why he was even considered for a HC job.

Brent
09-05-2009, 12:48 AM
He had to be reminded by Eisen that he is talking about trade talks AFTER a deadline that is league-wide. This is someone talking out their own ass. And, unfortunately, not in a comical way.

He'd still be dropping passes. Stone hands. Seriously.

I don't know what leads you to believe that.

Yeah I guess the 49ers are being cheap
The normal 18% increase for non-QBs is cheap? News to me. So, because AL Davis wants to do things his way, the Niners should cave to some asshole who has yet to play a down's wishes? Sorry, but **** that. Niners will not cave to this douchebag, he can take the $20 million or take his chances. Best of luck if you do, Crabs.

I still have no idea what Deion is talkng about
No one does; he's a ******* idiot.

BloodBrother
09-05-2009, 12:59 AM
fwiw McCarthy was very average while at New Orleans. We called it the "run run pass punt" offense. never understood why he was even considered for a HC job.

Well, the personnel while there wasn't that great...the QB was Aaron Brooks for crying out loud. But ya, when the Pack hired him I was like "who!" I've been happy with him so far...sort of. THis is a big year for him IMO

Thumper
09-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Mark Sanchez and Al Davis completely screwed up the rookie pay system and have made signings more difficult this year.

Darius Heyward-Bey signed a 5 year 38.5 million dollar deal with more than 23 million guaranteed, four million more than Sedrick Ellis.

And Mark Sanchez got 28 million guaranteed, 5 million more than Glen Dorsey got.

Mark Sanchez drove up the cost for top 5 picks and set the pay scale for the entire top 10 which helped lead to the large Heyward-Bey contract that has now led to holdouts from Andre Smith, Michael Crabtree, Aaron Maybin, Eugene Monroe, BJ Raji and Jeremy Maclin. All of this because of two players jacked up the pay scale and the egos of players and agents wanted more money than DHB because they all believed that they are better than him, when in reality none of them have proven anything in the NFL.

Borat
09-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Seriously, is $20 million not enough for your first job? This guy is insane.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Mark Sanchez and Al Davis completely screwed up the rookie pay system and have made signings more difficult this year.

Darius Heyward-Bey signed a 5 year 38.5 million dollar deal with more than 23 million guaranteed, four million more than Sedrick Ellis.

And Mark Sanchez got 28 million guaranteed, 5 million more than Glen Dorsey got.

Mark Sanchez drove up the cost for top 5 picks and set the pay scale for the entire top 10 which helped lead to the large Heyward-Bey contract that has now led to holdouts from Andre Smith, Michael Crabtree, Aaron Maybin, Eugene Monroe, BJ Raji and Jeremy Maclin. All of this because of two players jacked up the pay scale and the egos of players and agents wanted more money than DHB because they all believed that they are better than him, when in reality none of them have proven anything in the NFL.
didn't matter where Sanchez got drafted anywhere in the top 10 he was getting paid top 5 money just because he's a QB.

Look at Matt Ryan last year.

Borat
09-05-2009, 04:23 AM
http://scott-michael.net/images/stupidman.jpg

PACKmanN
09-05-2009, 05:31 AM
well the only weapon you guys had was the running back...who would let Brooks pass for 3 straight plays. Plus, it was rumored that MM didnt like Brooks.

senormysterioso
09-05-2009, 08:45 AM
If Crabs reenters the draft then he won't be higher than a 2nd round pick mark my words.

Remember when Mike Williams missed a year and went 10th overall? Crabs could go relatively high, stranger things have happened.

DragonFireKai
09-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Remember when Mike Williams missed a year and went 10th overall? Crabs could go relatively high, stranger things have happened.

There's a wide gulf between Crabtree's situation and Williams'. Williams got locked out by the court in the process of attempting to get into the NFL. Crabtree stands to lock himself out based on either greed or an issue with the team that drafted him.

Crabtree's situation would fall between the two extremes of Williams and Bo Jackson. Williams was drafted high based on previous game film. Jackson went from a 1st rounder to a 7th rounder, the severity of the drop was largely due to the fact that every team knew that Jackson was gonna spend a chunk of the year playing baseball. I highly doubt that Crabtree would be a first rounder if he reentered the draft, but I could easily see him being a early to mid second rounder. Reentering the draft is never going to get you more money. It can however, get you drafted somewhere else. That's why it was threatened by both John Elway and Eli Manning, both of whom were not primarily concerned with the contract offered them, but with the organization offering it.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-05-2009, 10:48 AM
well the only weapon you guys had was the running back...who would let Brooks pass for 3 straight plays. Plus, it was rumored that MM didnt like Brooks.
Joe Horn says hi.

even if MM didn't like Brooks he's going to intentianally call a bad game? come on now dude.

Ness
09-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah I guess the 49ers are being cheap, but at least Crab should be realistic 40 million come on.

I still have no idea what Deion is talkng about, Andre Smith got a jib deal.

I don't see where Monroe got less than Raji.

and Guaranteed money wise it fall in order except for Bay, I guess he wants to be like Bay and not fall into the slot system. Guess you should have ran a 40 and played for Oakland.

How are the 49ers being cheap? They're offering a 18% increase from last year's 10th overall selection. And this is for a wide receiver that didn't have a pro day, wasn't at the combine, didn't do anything in minicamp, and is coming off of foot surgery.

Ness
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey, hire from within. The Packers lost 2 offensive coodinators in 2 seasons and they've hired from within to keep the same offensive system instead of brining in new guy after new guy. But I guess common sense flies high in San Fran.

They did that. And Hostler was the worst offensive coordinator the 49ers had in years. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Ness
09-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Crabtree would probably be pulling the same **** if he was drafted in the same spot by Indianapolis. I'm sure there would be some dumb reasoning that his advisers would pull out their asses. If he wants the money, then he can't complain about where he goes to. The worst teams are usually at the top of the first round. So if Crabtree wants to get paid the big bucks, he's going to have to go to a bad team most likely. Plain and simple.

cvv84
09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
They did that. And Hostler was the worst offensive coordinator the 49ers had in years. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Wow, bitter much?? I love seeing all these bitter 49ers fans come out.

Ness
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM

I'm just saying you don't know what you're talking about. And you proved that. It has nothing to do with one being bitter, which I'm not.

YAYareaRB
09-06-2009, 12:11 AM

All? (10 char.)

Brothgar
09-06-2009, 01:28 AM

Yeah and look what happened to Mike Williams. Crabs has many of William's same concerns plus there are no Matt Millens GMing anymore.

toonsterwu
09-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents - Crabtree's being an idiot. The chances of him getting drafted higher than 10th if he sits out the whole year is slim. The chances of him being able to make an impact this year if he signs late is slim. Just stupid. I'll be stunned if Eugene Parker can bust open the slotting process. I doubt it.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-06-2009, 12:32 PM
It's sucks because I really wanted to like Crabtree and root for him but he is just being such an idiot right now. Doesn't surprise me though with who he's getting his advice from.

YAYareaRB
09-06-2009, 04:59 PM
He's gonna be missing out on some game checks

brat316
09-06-2009, 05:30 PM
He's gonna be missing out on some game checks

I think he misses out on 1 maybe 2 at most.

So he was offered 20 million over 5 years 16 million guaranteed.

Thats how much Orakpo got, not guaranteed wise. Guaranteed wise I think its fine, but 20 million over 5 years well that doesn't really fall in between the 2 slots. Of 28.5 and 25, that Raji and Maybin got. Sure its an 18 percent increase from last year, but its not in the slot.

And really that 18 percent only really applies to guaranteed money.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d810d9ec2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d808c2409&template=with-video&confirm=true

Either way for both sides sake this system needs to be scraped.

FloridaSkinzFan
09-06-2009, 10:28 PM
49ers: "Crabtree, we picked you 10th, we'll give you 20million guarnteed"

Crabtree: "no"

49ers: "damn...."

Ness
09-07-2009, 12:15 AM
I think he misses out on 1 maybe 2 at most.

So he was offered 20 million over 5 years 16 million guaranteed.

Thats how much Orakpo got, not guaranteed wise. Guaranteed wise I think its fine, but 20 million over 5 years well that doesn't really fall in between the 2 slots. Of 28.5 and 25, that Raji and Maybin got. Sure its an 18 percent increase from last year, but its not in the slot.

And really that 18 percent only really applies to guaranteed money.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d810d9ec2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d808c2409&template=with-video&confirm=true

Either way for both sides sake this system needs to be scraped.

Why would he be missing only one or two game checks? He gets paid for every contest he plays.

brat316
09-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Why would he be missing only one or two game checks? He gets paid for every contest he plays.

I think by the third game he signs something.

Iamcanadian
09-07-2009, 12:37 PM
My guess is the 49ers will start withdrawing a million dollars a game. Crabtree is already useless for this season and will do little now beside riding the bench even if he signs. I think he is going to get a dose of reality very soon.
As for entering next year's draft, well, this year's draft was one of the worst in 20 years as far as talent was concerned while next year's draft is one of the best in a long time. He will be possibly looking at rounds 3 or 4 based on his attitude alone and will be lucky to gety a 3 million dollar offer.

CC.SD
09-07-2009, 12:54 PM
My guess is the 49ers will start withdrawing a million dollars a game. Crabtree is already useless for this season and will do little now beside riding the bench even if he signs. I think he is going to get a dose of reality very soon.
As for entering next year's draft, well, this year's draft was one of the worst in 20 years as far as talent was concerned while next year's draft is one of the best in a long time. He will be possibly looking at rounds 3 or 4 based on his attitude alone and will be lucky to gety a 3 million dollar offer.

I don't think he'll slip to the third or fourth, but he will be lucky to be a first and definitely won't go top 10 with the way the 2010 class is shaping up. This guy's team is absolutely moronic, there is no scenario where he will be able to get more money.

senormysterioso
09-07-2009, 12:55 PM

The thing about receivers is that as long as he is in shape, they tell him get out there and run a post, or a slant, or a go, etc...He could be on the field pretty much as soon as he signs.

Forenci
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM

Anyone who thinks he'll get out of the first round if he re-enters the draft is crazy. The guy has way too much talent to fall that far.

Giants would take him in a heart beat if he ended up falling to them in the first round and I'd be excited that they did get him.

His attitude doesn't really bother me because I've listened to him on numerous occasions and he seems like a good guy. Like he doesn't flagrantly come off like a jerk like some people do. My guess is it's a combination of his family and agent who are getting him to hold out for what he probably rightfully deserves.

49ers need to stop messing around and give the guy want he wants.

Brothgar
09-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Anyone who thinks he'll get out of the first round if he re-enters the draft is crazy. The guy has way too much talent to fall that far.

Giants would take him in a heart beat if he ended up falling to them in the first round and I'd be excited that they did get him.

His attitude doesn't really bother me because I've listened to him on numerous occasions and he seems like a good guy. Like he doesn't flagrantly come off like a jerk like some people do. My guess is it's a combination of his family and agent who are getting him to hold out for what he probably rightfully deserves.

Lets just wait and see what he runs on the 40 before we make that statement. One issue is negligible but when you combine being a diva and a slow 40 and being out of the game for a year. Being a year older. All these things are going to drop his draft stock.

MasterShake
09-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Lets just wait and see what he runs on the 40 before we make that statement. One issue is negligible but when you combine being a diva and a slow 40 and being out of the game for a year. Being a year older. All these things are going to drop his draft stock.

Technically he can't run a 40 for any other team until the day before the 2010 draft. The 49ers own him up until then.

CC.SD
09-07-2009, 01:24 PM
The thing about receivers is that as long as he is in shape, they tell him get out there and run a post, or a slant, or a go, etc...He could be on the field pretty much as soon as he signs.

Seems like a sound theory but the fact is receivers usually have a serious adjustment period when they get to the NFL. Crabtree is a great talent but he is hurting himself a whole lot with this nonsense. When even Jerry Rice is giving public interviews bashing you, you know you've crossed the line.

bigbluedefense
09-07-2009, 01:25 PM

If the Giants somehow nabbed him before all this nonsense, Id be thrilled. But now after all his divaness has come out and shown its colors, I don't know if I feel the same way.

To be honest with you, Nicks' game is very similar to Crabtree, and I personally think very little separates the 2. Both have the same game.

Borat
09-07-2009, 01:30 PM

HAHAHA. LMFAO. Usually I like your posts, but this one was just straight-up awful.
1. If Crabtree feels he's worth $40M now, don't you think he's going to demand $40M next year too? Do you really think any team is going to waste a first-rounder and give him $40M after a year off?
2. You really think he "rightfully deserves" $40M? Wow, that's laughable.
3. Why would the 9ers "stop messing around and give the guy what he wants"? So the precedent will be set for every other 1st rounder they take to do the same thing to them. They have 2 firsts next year. They'll be paying out top 5 money to both of them as well. Not going to happen.

brat316
09-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Just take the MRI Crabtree and then get 40 million.

Malaka
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't completely agree with Forenci's post, but the part of him not dropping out of the first round is one part I completely agree with.

Michael Crabtree was far and away the best wide out in the draft. I had DHB behind Nicks and Britt too. Crabs is not a true diva, he's being a complete dick when it comes to money, but I highly doubt he'll ever achieve anywhere the douchebaggery level of T.O.

Next year, after Dez Bryant and Arrelious Benn, the 3rd WR spot is wide open, that is if either of them opt to go to the NFL draft. I have Dez Bryant as my #1 receiver next year, then Benn, well Crabtree and Dez's game is quite similar, so I'd take Crabs over Benn. Though, their are concerns about Crabs' character especially now, and he'll be older. I see Dez and Benn in the top 15, while finding it absolutely impossible Crabs falls out of the top 32, when teams like the Ravens, Giants, and even the Steelers would be dying to get him, you are really crazy if you think he'll drop out of round 1. Will he be the 10th overall pick? no but I can guarantee he is a 1st rounder.

Job
09-07-2009, 03:10 PM
As for entering next year's draft, well, this year's draft was one of the worst in 20 years as far as talent was concerned while next year's draft is one of the best in a long time.

I think I've heard that every single year of my life.

Forenci
09-07-2009, 05:10 PM
HAHAHA. LMFAO. Usually I like your posts, but this one was just straight-up awful.
1. If Crabtree feels he's worth $40M now, don't you think he's going to demand $40M next year too? Do you really think any team is going to waste a first-rounder and give him $40M after a year off?
2. You really think he "rightfully deserves" $40M? Wow, that's laughable.
3. Why would the 9ers "stop messing around and give the guy what he wants"? So the precedent will be set for every other 1st rounder they take to do the same thing to them. They have 2 firsts next year. They'll be paying out top 5 money to both of them as well. Not going to happen.

I guess that depends on a lot of things. Do I think Reggie Bush deserved to be the highest paid running back when he originally signed? No. Do I think Albert Haynesworth deserved 100 million dollars? Not really. Do I think Matt Stafford should be making more money than Tom Brady? Absolutely not.

The point is most people viewed Crabtree as a top three talent going into the draft and he fell a bit, partially because Al Davis is crazy (although he's not looking like it now with Crabtree holding out) and partially because Crabtree couldn't run a 40, but nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 49ers should pay the guy (not exactly what he's asking for, but within the ball park) but I'm completely on the side of the 49ers by all means. I think Crabtree is asking for too much especially when you consider he was injured coming into the draft and couldn't run a 40. Plus I just think it makes him look bad. If he really wanted to play football he would have signed already.

Finally, I think he will sign, because no team is handing him 40 million next year if he goes in the mid to late area of the first round. If he continues to ask for it I'm pretty sure teams will just laugh and tell him to enjoy another career.

The one thing that will be interesting though is if their is an uncapped season. That could seriously affect what happens to Crabtree if he does re-enter the draft.

DeCrunkMAn
09-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Crabtree needs to stop being a girl and accept his 30+ million deal.

Ness
09-09-2009, 05:09 AM

Crabtree deserves the money at the spot he was selected at. Why is this so hard for some people to comprehend? Keep in mind this is a guy that didn't have a pro day, wasn't at the combine, and is coming off of a foot injury. The 49ers would be dumb beyond imagination to cave in.

OzTitan
09-09-2009, 06:01 AM
This has probably been answered already, but if Crabtree gets to the point of entering the 2010 draft, why not just skip the draft and play the free agent market? I mean, technically anyone in the world who isn't signed to a contract already can be a free agent, no?

senormysterioso
09-09-2009, 07:06 AM
This has probably been answered already, but if Crabtree gets to the point of entering the 2010 draft, why not just skip the draft and play the free agent market? I mean, technically anyone in the world who isn't signed to a contract already can be a free agent, no?

you have to be a vested veteran with four years of nfl service before you can be an unrestricted free agent.

LonghornsLegend
09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
If he goes into the draft next year he'll have to run the 40 this time, he should of just cashed in while not having to run. If he does run it and ends up with a mid 4.5 he can forget about getting anywhere near what he was offered this season.

I just can't envision a scenario where he'd get more money next year.

YAYareaRB
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
If he goes into the draft next year he'll have to run the 40 this time, he should of just cashed in while not having to run. If he does run it and ends up with a mid 4.5 he can forget about getting anywhere near what he was offered this season.

Yeah, if he goes into next years draft, I'm pretty sure the problems he's giving us now are gonna go into account for all the teams considering him.

Raiderz4Life
09-10-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't completely agree with Forenci's post, but the part of him not dropping out of the first round is one part I completely agree with.

Michael Crabtree was far and away the best wide out in the draft. I had DHB behind Nicks and Britt too. Crabs is not a true diva, he's being a complete dick when it comes to money, but I highly doubt he'll ever achieve anywhere the douchebaggery level of T.O.

Next year, after Dez Bryant and Arrelious Benn, the 3rd WR spot is wide open, that is if either of them opt to go to the NFL draft. I have Dez Bryant as my #1 receiver next year, then Benn, well Crabtree and Dez's game is quite similar, so I'd take Crabs over Benn. Though, their are concerns about Crabs' character especially now, and he'll be older. I see Dez and Benn in the top 15, while finding it absolutely impossible Crabs falls out of the top 32, when teams like the Ravens, Giants, and even the Steelers would be dying to get him, you are really crazy if you think he'll drop out of round 1. Will he be the 10th overall pick? no but I can guarantee he is a 1st rounder.

Bo Jackson fell out of the first round and I'd bet his talent was way superior to that of Crabtree's if it wasnt for the hip injury who knows what he would've done..

CC.SD
09-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I think I've heard that every single year of my life.

No way 2004 went wire to wire as a completely ludicrous class and it holds up today. 2006 has had some trouble with the hype but still very solid. 2010 is the next import of godliness and I think it has a real chance of holding up. 2010 has some tough mofos that look ready to play.

tjsunstein
09-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I remember a lot of Packers fans liked the idea of getting Crabtree instead of Raji. My, how times have changed.

Brent
09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
well, Deion Sanders seems to think that there are teams willing to pay him $40 million (*cough* ******** *cough*) yet they didnt make a trade offer before the deadline or trade up to get him during the draft. Crabs is in the Bay Area living off his endorsement money. I bet he signs as some point.

Vikes99ej
09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
He's a **** sucker. I hope Adrian Wilson or some safety plows into his knee during the first game he plays.

phlysac
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
He's working out with Trent Dilfer in the Bay area

Raiderz4Life
09-10-2009, 10:13 PM
He's a **** sucker. I hope Adrian Wilson or some safety plows into his knee during the first game he plays.

Ok tampoco lets not go that far haha

FUNBUNCHER
09-11-2009, 07:12 AM
You can't arbitrarily change where you were picked. The 49ers called his bluff, now it's time for Crabtree to do the right thing.

If Crabtree forfeits his guaranteed money this year to enter the draft in 2010, he's an even bigger idiot than Ricky Williams ever was when he hired Master P to handle his contract negotiations.

Monetarily, this will be a year he'll never get back, which would be classic stupid to do just to prove a point that you think you're worth more than your slotted value.

Jerks like Crabtree are the reason I hope the NFL passes a rookie salary cap similar to the NBA.
I'll say it right now, Crabtree will never be a star in the league and every day I see the next Antonio Bryant.

Smooth Criminal
09-11-2009, 09:18 AM
49ers are making the right move to prove why there doesn't have to be a rookie cap. If they want more than they deserve, don't sign them. The teams drove the cost of these rookies up by giving into their demands. They players and their agents would cave. The team has massive leverage on them. Everyone knows reentering the draft is very risky.

LonghornsLegend
09-11-2009, 10:31 AM
well, Deion Sanders seems to think that there are teams willing to pay him $40 million (*cough* ******** *cough*) yet they didnt make a trade offer before the deadline or trade up to get him during the draft. Crabs is in the Bay Area living off his endorsement money. I bet he signs as some point.

Then he looks like an even bigger idiot, because he missed all of Training Camp, Pre-Season, and regular season time while the deal was the same the whole time.

I'f I'm not mistaken Bryant McKinnie held out for half of the season, but I don't see the point in doing that if the price isn't going up any.

Brent
09-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Then he looks like an even bigger idiot, because he missed all of Training Camp, Pre-Season, and regular season time while the deal was the same the whole time.

I'f I'm not mistaken Bryant McKinnie held out for half of the season, but I don't see the point in doing that if the price isn't going up any.
He can sign tomorrow and still get his paycheck. My guess is that he sits out a while, and when no one is talking about him, he feels the need to sign and get attention again. Sadly, he's got complete ******* morons giving advice. If Morgan has a year like so many think, I could see Crabs feeling the need to finally show up before he loses all leverage (not that he has much anyway).

FUNBUNCHER
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
If Crabtree signs after the start of the regular season, the money he makes this year will be prorated, that is, games in which he isn't signed are games he won't be paid for.

Yes his bonus will remain the same, but he won't get back those game checks.

CC.SD
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM
He's working out with Trent Dilfer in the Bay area

http://www.motivationalz.com/pictures/skeptical_hippo.jpg

Unseen found the hippo, but it calls out to this post.

Canadian_kid16
09-11-2009, 01:11 PM
49ers are making the right move to prove why there doesn't have to be a rookie cap. If they want more than they deserve, don't sign them. The teams drove the cost of these rookies up by giving into their demands. They players and their agents would cave. The team has massive leverage on them. Everyone knows reentering the draft is very risky.

excellent post. No one is forcing the owners to sign the rookies at these outrageous salaries, and the 49ers are doing an excellent job of saying that no hot shot rookie is worth that much. Kudos to the 9ers for not giving in to Crabtree's demands

Smooth Criminal
09-11-2009, 01:45 PM
If the owners think the rookies are getting paid to much, put them all in and refuse to pay them. Make the rookies think if they'd rather go back through the draft after sitting out a year. Chances are the rookies will elect to stay, unless you're really low balling them, which won't happen very often because the teams want their rookies.

Brent
09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
it calls out to this post.
Skeptical Hippo is no longer skeptical.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/09/dilfer-crabtree.html

CC.SD
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/09/dilfer-crabtree.html

http://homepage.mac.com/lawrencedavid/cuteanimals/baby_tiger_surprised_face.jpg

Surprised Tiger Kitten is thoroughly surprised.

YAYareaRB
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
******' hates Crabtree Gorilla still ******' hates Crabtree

http://www.roumazeilles.net/news/fr/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/gorilla.JPG

WMD
09-14-2009, 12:08 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/13/report-crabtree-likely-to-re-enter-draft/

Adam Schefter just reported on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown that there hasn't been much progress between the 49ers and first-round pick Michael Crabtree on a contract and that "signs" are that he'll re-enter the draft in 2010.

Schefter reports that there's "every expectation" that Crabtree will sit out this season. The Niners still want to sign him and still think he can help this year, but neither side is willing to budge at all in negotiations, which makes a resolution less likely by the day.

That contradicts reports earlier in the week that Crabtree's resolve was weakening, but may lend some credence to the notion that the 49ers will investigate potential tampering with Crabtree from teams letting him know that they'll pay him what he wants if they get a chance to select him next April.

Biggest 2nd Round contract ever?

Borat
09-14-2009, 12:13 AM
**** Crabtree. I'd rather have Dez Bryant anyway.

brat316
09-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Nah...bottom of the first maybe top of the second.

But he won't be able to workout for teams, go through combine any off that...unless the 49er hold a workout day for him and charge millions to enter and watch.

edit: Also what a wasted 1st round pick. At least u saved millions in cap space.

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I feel really bad for Niner fans. If this were the Vikings I would be so torn, one part of me thinking with my heart and wanting the team to just give him whatever he asks and another part and another part thinking with my brain and wanting the team to tell him to **** off and not ask for ******** money.

I have convinced myself that the Michael Crabtree chant I started at the draft before every pick starting at one until he was picked was heard by him and now he thinks the fans are on his side and he is a god. Sorry Niner fans.

the decider13
09-14-2009, 12:20 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/13/report-crabtree-likely-to-re-enter-draft/

Adam Schefter just reported on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown that there hasn't been much progress between the 49ers and first-round pick Michael Crabtree on a contract and that "signs" are that he'll re-enter the draft in 2010.

Schefter reports that there's "every expectation" that Crabtree will sit out this season. The Niners still want to sign him and still think he can help this year, but neither side is willing to budge at all in negotiations, which makes a resolution less likely by the day.

That contradicts reports earlier in the week that Crabtree's resolve was weakening, but may lend some credence to the notion that the 49ers will investigate potential tampering with Crabtree from teams letting him know that they'll pay him what he wants if they get a chance to select him next April.

Biggest 2nd Round contract ever?

After he gets drafted in the 2nd round he is going to hold out for top 10 money.

wogitalia
09-14-2009, 01:01 AM
After he gets drafted in the 2nd round he is going to hold out for top 10 money.

Will lucky to go in the 2nd if he sits out. This is a guy who had character concerns and concerns over the system he played in and whether his skillset translates to the NFL, what does sitting out a season over money say about the character issues other than that they were spot on and not playing football for a year is just going to be great for all the other questionmarks...

Guy is a complete moron. He should have fired whoever is giving him advice by now because he is just pure ****** right now...

WMD
09-14-2009, 01:01 AM
If he does sit out and enter 2010.. I guarantee the Seahawks or Rams (...or Cardinals?) will draft Michael Crabtree!

tjsunstein
09-14-2009, 07:52 AM
The best part about this is that the Niners beat the Cardinals on the road without him ultimately giving him a big "**** you, we don't need you."

wicket
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
is it me or does it feel like the niners are taking one on the chin for all the teams in a fight against rookie contracts. Cuz although crabtree will be nothing better of by holding out the niners just traded their first round draft pick for being a badass but nothing really tangible.

FUNBUNCHER
09-14-2009, 08:16 AM
So long as the 49ers control his rights, they're doing exactly what they should be doing.

If Crabs does re-enter the 2010 draft, are they compensated with an additional pick by the league??

nepg
09-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Crabtree's just an idiot. He should feel lucky that he came out of Texas Tech and got drafted in the Top 10. There are better WRs on the way in the 2010 draft... He's going to pass up insane money to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year...?

He never thought for one second why it might be that he didn't go in the Top 5 and that the 49ers were actually taking a big chance on him at #10?

Geo
09-14-2009, 08:47 AM
is it me or does it feel like the niners are taking one on the chin for all the teams in a fight against rookie contracts. Cuz although crabtree will be nothing better of by holding out the niners just traded their first round draft pick for being a badass but nothing really tangible.
The 49ers had their pick of apples from a tree, and with no anyone else to blame, they chose to pick a bad one (so far up to this point). That's how I look at it.

If Crabs does re-enter the 2010 draft, are they compensated with an additional pick by the league??
I wouldn't think so, but maybe the league will throw them a bone.

The only instance I can think of where it would really apply: if a theoretical draft selection were to, by some terrible misfortune, lose his life before reporting to training camp. Unfortunately that occurred with the Colts and Arkansas guard Brandon Bulsworth (1999 3rd round selection), but I don't know if the Colts were awarded a pick in the 2000 Draft. I don't think so.

However there is a new Commish in charge now, compared to then.

Nalej
09-14-2009, 09:21 AM
What if the 49ers RE-DRAFTED him in the 2nd round... then gave him half the contract he's offered now
hahahahahahahahahahaha

PACKmanN
09-14-2009, 09:26 AM
If the 49ers sign him after week 1 would he get his salary for the first year?

brat316
09-14-2009, 09:30 AM
If the 49ers sign him after week 1 would he get his salary for the first year?

uh he woudldn't be paid the fist game and would miss out on some bonuses, like workout ones and TC, but other than that he would make everything else.

LonghornsLegend
09-14-2009, 11:23 AM
The 49ers had their pick of apples from a tree, and with no anyone else to blame, they chose to pick a bad one (so far up to this point). That's how I look at it.

Character concerns are one thing, but you act like teams have this inside knowledge that lets them know "hey guys, if we pick him he's going to be want to be paid more then DHB, and like a top 5 pick". Half of it was they weren't even depending on him to be there at that point, but I for the life of me can't understand why you continually bash the Niners for their "screw up" here when they took the best player on their board and offered him a perfectly fair contract for that slot.

For all we know Crabtree didn't decide to hold out until after the draft when people/family got into his head. You really need to stop blaming the organization for this situation, if they low balled him then yea maybe, that was the situation with Cincy & Andre Smith, his contract wasn't even the proper slotted deal. The Niners caught the short end of the stick, it happens and will still happen, but you cannot blame the team for these types of situations.

Borat
09-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Character concerns are one thing, but you act like teams have this inside knowledge that lets them know "hey guys, if we pick him he's going to be want to be paid more then DHB, and like a top 5 pick". Half of it was they weren't even depending on him to be there at that point, but I for the life of me can't understand why you continually bash the Niners for their "screw up" here when they took the best player on their board and offered him a perfectly fair contract for that slot.

For all we know Crabtree didn't decide to hold out until after the draft when people/family got into his head. You really need to stop blaming the organization for this situation, if they low balled him then yea maybe, that was the situation with Cincy & Andre Smith, his contract wasn't even the proper slotted deal. The Niners caught the short end of the stick, it happens and will still happen, but you cannot blame the team for these types of situations.

This pretty much sums up my response. Well done LL.

vidae
09-14-2009, 12:01 PM

Couldn't agree more. Well put.

FUNBUNCHER
09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it was just dumb luck on the 49ers part. Anyone drafting in the 49ers slot who needed a WR would have gotten burned just the same.

What screwed everything up that no GM could have known was, when the Raiders selected DHB, Crabs lost his mind. Then when he saw the money DHB signed for, he threw a tantrum.

I feel for the 49er fans on this one because they were blindsided by events that were essentially beyond their control.

At least they probably won't have Crabtree on their roster anyway and didn't have deal with him having a meltdown in a SF uni.

His psych profile reminds me of a baby T.O.

Smooth Criminal
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM
I can't believe he thinks reentering the draft is a good option. Who does he think is going to risk taking him and having him do this kind of **** again? What if you take him and he holds out again? Thats simply too big of a risk for most teams for a guy coming off a season of doing nothing.

His agent needs to be advising him to cave in, admit he was wrong, and take the deal.

Hurricanes25
09-14-2009, 03:32 PM
If he enters the draft next year he will get picked lower than he did this year and get even less money. I guess he is just a dumb***.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-14-2009, 03:38 PM

now he's just angry.

http://sfw.nakidness.com/images/file/mediums/hippo_chase.jpg

Kurve
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
This kid is a idiot major character concerns thus a reason he wasnt picked up by teams who clearly needed a WR in top picks.If he doesnt sign with the Niners and holds out and re enters the draft he will surely become a bust and he would of had a lucrative multi million dollar deal that would of secured him and his family and just threw it out of the window. I feel bad for the niners, If he holds out i hope he does becomes a bust so the situation can be a lesson that dont hold out because it will damage your career.

Foosballphan
09-14-2009, 03:58 PM
What's the over/under for how much it'll cost Crabtree to sit out the season? I'll say 20 million.

JFLO
09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
If he actually follows through with this, I don't think I would be wrong to call this one of the biggest bonehead moves in sports history, right?

I mean, the guy is going to pass on about 26 million dollars this year for what, like 1-5 million dollars next year. I don't even think the guy is going to come through on his potential (I have thought that since the beginning) so the team that ultimately drafts him next year (if he follows through) is going to get a better deal than San Fran would if they ended up paying him.

He is honestly one of the biggest morons in sports right now.

Anyone know if Primetime is still seriously connected with Crabtree?

Prowler
09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
he had better re-enter the draft. if he does sign with the 49ers then the first thing i would do if i were his teammate would be to rob his wallet and rack up a $300,000 bill someplace and call it 'hazing'. i would do that, and beat him down for being a female dog.

i really do want to see him holdout though and reenter the draft next year.

Borat
09-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Anyone know if Primetime is still seriously connected with Crabtree?

Yeah, Prime and Crabs are boys. Deion even made some reference on the NFL Network's highlight show yesterday. Something about how the Niners should back the Brinks truck up or something stupid. Every time Crabs gets mentioned, he says something about how the Niners aren't paying his boy or something silly like that.

SuperKevin
09-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Weird thought. Would Crabtree be eligible to sign with a UFL team right away? It'd be a way for him to get on field experience and prepare for next year.

brat316
09-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Weird thought. Would Crabtree be eligible to sign with a UFL team right away? It'd be a way for him to get on field experience and prepare for next year.

He could, the 49ers hold his rights in this league. Nothing stopping him from playing there except for risk of injury.

Splat
09-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I can't see how in the world he thinks sitting out is his best option?

All that does is drop his stock and value.

Borat
09-14-2009, 04:37 PM

That's a thought, but it would be equally as stupid as this holdout. He'd be exposing his lack of speed and injured foot for little money. If he struggles, that would only sink him deeper in the next draft.

Brent
09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Nalej, if I remember correctly, there is a rule saying that if someone sits out the year, the team who drafted him could not draft him again the following year.

for the life of me can't understand why you continually bash the Niners for their "screw up" here when they took the best player on their board and offered him a perfectly fair contract for that slot.
If it were the Colts, he'd be telling us how awesome they are for taking the high road, and that we should all get on our knees, and thank the Colts for taking this stand. Geo's tried this line of BS before (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1747273&#post1747273), and he had no response.

What's the over/under for how much it'll cost Crabtree to sit out the season? I'll say 20 million.
His contract is a guaranteed 16 million, that could be up to 20 million. So, you're saying he wont make any NFL money? He's currently living off endorsement deals and jersey sales.

I believe he loses his jersey sales money or something, if he does that. If I find the thing that one of the beat writers said about it, I'll share it.

Smooth Criminal
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
This cant be a financial decision for Crabtree anymore. There is no way anyone can think it is a good decision financially to sit out the year.

He has to feel insulted that DHB is gonna get more than him. I hope Bey goes out and has a huge game tonight for the Raiders. They took so much **** for picking him over Crabtree.

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
This cant be a financial decision for Crabtree anymore. There is no way anyone can think it is a good decision financially to sit out the year.

He has to feel insulted that DHB is gonna get more than him. I hope Bey goes out and has a huge game tonight for the Raiders. They took so much **** for picking him over Crabtree.

But all that **** isn't completely unwarranted.....even if we weren't going to take Crabtree I think we could have better invested not only our 1st pick but like half our draft.

Smooth Criminal
09-14-2009, 05:01 PM
But all that **** isn't completely unwarranted.....even if we weren't going to take Crabtree I think we could have better invested not only our 1st pick but like half our draft.

Bashing teams based on predraft rankings is just stupid. We've seen them proven wrong too many times. Just because Kiper thinks the pick was stupid doesn't mean it was. Lets see what they do on the field before we judge how they did.

Its impossible to judge a draft class on draft day. But its easy to bash the raiders for going against Kipers rankings because of their draft history. So many of their picks have not panned out that when they do something no one expects, its easy to think it will turn out wrong.

Borat
09-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Uh-Oh. Crabgreed is getting "nervous" (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/crabtree-is-getting-nervous/) cause the Niners are lowering their offer (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/silver-niners-are-dropping-their-offer-to-crabtree/)

Borat predicts he'll be signed within a week.

Smooth Criminal
09-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Crabtree has nothing to be nervous about. He could end this entire thing any time he wants.

FinChase
09-14-2009, 05:14 PM
I think he's backed himself into a corner with his idiotic pride, and now he's too stubborn to back down. Surely he's realized by now that this move could cost him millions?

Chief49er
09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/crabtree-is-getting-nervous/

"Crabtree is getting nervous"

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Shefter just said that Crabtree has left the bay area and Mike Singletary is contemplating starting to reduce the contract's worth

brat316
09-14-2009, 05:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4473245

not really Singletary said he is not part of that.

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2009, 05:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4473245

not really Singletary said he is not part of that.

Im just repeating what schefter said...

BandwagonPunditry
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
he had better re-enter the draft. if he does sign with the 49ers then the first thing i would do if i were his teammate would be to rob his wallet and rack up a $300,000 bill someplace and call it 'hazing'. i would do that, and beat him down for being a female dog.

There are rumblings in the dressing room already, as he skipped out on Singletary's gruelling preseason routines. What I'm most worried about is that he'll disrupt the team more if he actually signs. Singletary's made a very good decision in choosing not to get involved in the contract wranglings. I can only hope that he's got it in him to turn Crabtree's attitude (bearing in mind Vernon Davis has gone from pariah to team captain over the offseason speaks volumes of his approach). Either way, if he signs...it's woodshed time.

MasterShake
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
There are rumblings in the dressing room already, as he skipped out on Singletary's gruelling preseason routines. What I'm most worried about is that he'll disrupt the team more if he actually signs. Singletary's made a very good decision in choosing not to get involved in the contract wranglings. I can only hope that he's got it in him to turn Crabtree's attitude (bearing in mind Vernon Davis has gone from pariah to team captain over the offseason speaks volumes of his approach). Either way, if he signs...it's woodshed time.

The dressing room? Did you take time our of your grueling childrens beauty pagent tour to come talk about football?

Splat
09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
So how mad are the fans that all ready bought his jersey?

Brothgar
09-14-2009, 07:39 PM
So how mad are the fans that all ready bought his jersey?

I think they should get a refund

Foosballphan
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
His contract is a guaranteed 16 million, that could be up to 20 million. So, you're saying he wont make any NFL money? He's currently living off endorsement deals and jersey sales.
If he sits out this year I say he loses that 16-20 million and a year of his career. Then signs next year as a mid-second rounder at best.

bernbabybern820
09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Can we trade you guys DHB for Crabtree? Al will pay him.

brat316
09-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Can we trade you guys DHB for Crabtree? Al will pay him.

Is he doing that bad?

Todd Bertuzzi
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
So say Crabtree is prepared to sit out the season and re-enter the draft if he doesn't get his money, I think the 49ers should try and trade Crabtree for another teams 2009 first round pick. For example say a team like Baltimore who could use a talented young receiver like Crabtree trades Oher to San Francisco for Crabtree. San Francisco would get a great talent in Oher who could've easily been taken earlier than he was and Baltimore gets their young receiver in Crabtree who I'm sure they would love to have. Thoughts?

bernbabybern820
09-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Is he doing that bad?

Basically thrown to 3 times. 0 catches. 2 drops.

Smooth Criminal
09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
So say Crabtree is prepared to sit out the season and re-enter the draft if he doesn't get his money, I think the 49ers should try and trade Crabtree for another teams 2009 first round pick. For example say a team like Baltimore who could use a talented young receiver like Crabtree trades Oher to San Francisco for Crabtree. San Francisco would get a great talent in Oher who could've easily been taken earlier than he was and Baltimore gets their young receiver in Crabtree who I'm sure they would love to have. Thoughts?

Too late. The 49ers can't trade him unless they sign him to a deal first. Deadline for trading unsigned rookies was in August.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Too late. The 49ers can't trade him unless they sign him to a deal first. Deadline for trading unsigned rookies was in August.

Ah never mind then.

Crickett
09-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Basically thrown to 3 times. 0 catches. 2 drops.

Drafted seventh, fairly tall, super fast, can't catch.......

Wait, I've heard this one before.........

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Drafted seventh, fairly tall, super fast, can't catch.......

Wait, I've heard this one before.........

Atleast the other one just had himself an amazing preseason and won a starting job. There may still be hope. Errr maybe. So maybe we'll see a glimmer of hope from DHB in 5 years or so. lol.

abaddon41_80
09-15-2009, 06:32 AM
At least the 49ers aren't paying Crabtree to do nothing. DHB is getting paid like $7 million a year to do nothing.

ElectricEye
09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Let's be honest; Jamarcus Russel doesn't know what a wide receiver is. He's probably unaware DHB is even on the team.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
it's going to get to where no one will want to draft in the 1st round because the money being demanded is outrageous.

Vikes99ej
09-15-2009, 11:00 AM
it's going to get to where no one will want to draft in the 1st round because the money being demanded is outrageous.

http://www.kyle-brady.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/pidgeonwhat.jpg

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
http://www.kyle-brady.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/pidgeonwhat.jpg

its going to get too expensive to draft in the 1st round. not a hard concept to grasp..

vidae
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure I'd want to trade Oher for Crabtree at this point anyway, attitude aside. Oher is going to be a dominant player for years. The Chiefs got ZERO pressure on Flacco yesterday for the better part of the game (I know, shocker, right?) and Oher looked to be doing extremely well. A Ravens fan can correct me on that though, as I was paying more attention to KC than the Ravens line. :D

YAYareaRB
09-15-2009, 11:05 AM
I wanted to draft either Oher or Orakpo.