PDA

View Full Version : PS Week 2: Ravens vs. Jets

America
08-24-2009, 11:32 AM
What are yall looking for in the game tonight? The starters are supposed to get a good amount of playing time. I want to see Harper step up and go without a drop for the game. And the second string oline needs to improve.

I'm interested in seeing what Rex has to say after the game.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-24-2009, 11:37 AM
I want to see if Ryan brings "Organized Chaos" to Baltimore. I am really waiting to see if Kruger can get some pass rush tonight like he did against the Deadskins.

Ravens1991
08-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I hope Krugeger gets 3 sacks and sticks it to Ryan. Then in the post game talk about how Ryan is still bitter he wasnt named HC.

trkaline
08-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I wanna see Kruger take Sanchez out as a big F U to Rex, Rex still my dude but what he said is bull****.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
**** Rex Ryan. I always liked him but he is the enemy now. I want someone to drill one of there offensive players out of bounds and right into his ***** ass. Ravens FTW

EdReedUnstoppable
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
I wanna see a couple of different things.

- I wanna see Ray Rice take the handoff and hit the hole hard!
- Flacco needs to open it up and throw down the field more in these next 3 games, its preseason, picks dont mean **** now, start building a downfield arsenal.
- I wanna see our DBs take advantage of a young QB and make some plays.
- Pass rush has got to be there.
- Harper needs to catch everything, anything that is within your reach you catch!
- I wanna see LJ Smith more, he intrigues me as a receiver.
- I wanna see Le'Ron McClain completely annihilate Bart Scott, and then drive Bart into the ground and end him!
- I wanna see Cleo Lemon taking John Beck's roster spot!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-24-2009, 07:37 PM
WOW, I'm absolutly loving what I see so far, love the passing game, but Flacco shouldn't have overthrown Rice, but still love the flow. and what a beautiful fake pass and handoff to Rice. I loved Rex Ryans facial expression. I bet he's pissed haha.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Geez, only the first quarter and Joe Flacco already has 107 passing yards. I'm loving everything so far. That Jets defense doesn't look anything like our Organized Chaos. haha.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Sorry Graham Gano, you will not be a Baltimore Raven.

coordinator0
08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Troy Smith does not look good so far...

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Sorry Graham Gano, you will not be a Baltimore Raven.

yeah, I felt real bad for him after that miss, I really wanted him to win the job, mainly cause of his resume and how athletic he is. Still 2 more preseason games to go, but with such a tight race, he's gatta make the shorts ones.

another note, Frank Walker, you SUCK. I counted, he got beat 3 times in the 3rd quarter, one for the TD, another was awfully close but the reciever dropped the ball, and the third time the receiver was overthrown. I can't believe this guy is gonna make the roster.

TACKLE
08-24-2009, 09:58 PM
You're right. Frank Walker is garbage.

Troy just needs to step up into the pocket and deliver the ball. When it does that he looks good. When he's too quick to try to get out of the pocket, he makes porr throws and he struggles.

Also, I was impressed with Jameel McClain. He looked comfortable playing ILB and made several plays. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up starting inside over Gooden.

coordinator0
08-24-2009, 10:12 PM

Troy just needs to step up into the pocket and deliver the ball. When it does that he looks good. When he's too quick to try to get out of the pocket, he makes porr throws and he struggles.

Also, I was impressed with Jameel McClain. He looked comfortable playing ILB and made several plays. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up starting inside over Gooden.

Gooden was also making plays out there, and I really doubt McClain will overtake him. Ellerbe was higher on the depth chart than McClain before he got injured. This game might change that though.

TACKLE
08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Gooden was also making plays out there, and I really doubt McClain will overtake him. Ellerbe was higher on the depth chart than McClain before he got injured. This game might change that though.

Gooden was solid, but McClain surprised me at how effective he was. He obviously going to be a good blitzer but for a former DE, he looked pretty good in coverage. Ellebre was impressive but I think both McClain and Gooden may have jumped him now.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
anyone know where the hell Davon Drew is? He was like a 5th round draft pick they took over James Casey(who was compared to Chris Cooley by "experts") and I haven't seen him out in a game once. And McClain did look real nice at ILB, but I think Gooden has already locked it up, however, with tonight's performance, McClain probably put himself ahead of Ellerbe again.

Ravens1991
08-24-2009, 11:12 PM
yea what is Drew doing? They talked about him as a H-back prospect with loads of upside I dont get it.

But Flacco looked nice, he screwed up that 1 pass to Rice. But one thing that wasnt good was he had a below 500 completion percentage.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-25-2009, 01:48 AM
So the starters won that game 21-7 right? All I have to say is NGATA!!!! He will be the best DT/DE in the game. I don't like how bad out special teams played. We gave up way to good of field position.

coordinator0
08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Gooden was solid, but McClain surprised me at how effective he was. He obviously going to be a good blitzer but for a former DE, he looked pretty good in coverage. Ellebre was impressive but I think both McClain and Gooden may have jumped him now.

I'm pretty sure Gooden was ahead of them all, and he still is. It might be interesting to see how Phillips plays into this later on as well. Will we really carry six ILB's? (Lewis, Gooden, McClain, Phillips, Ellerbe, Ayenbandejo) Somebody good is probably going to get cut.

Ravens1991
08-25-2009, 09:45 AM
yea I dont think we will cut Phillips a 5th round pick. If Ellerbe is playing like earlier reports said he is he wont make it to the PS. I wonder how things turn out

EdReedUnstoppable
08-25-2009, 10:45 AM

[b]Also, I was impressed with Jameel McClain. He looked comfortable playing ILB and made several plays. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up starting inside over Gooden.[b/]

Were you impressed with when he didnt no the defense and got burnt for a TD? Or the several missed tackles he had? The guy is not an NFL starter, he's a situational guy, and there's nothing wrong with that. T Good is the starter, that guy is a beast!

EdReedUnstoppable
08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I wanna see a couple of different things.

- I wanna see Ray Rice take the handoff and hit the hole hard!
- Flacco needs to open it up and throw down the field more in these next 3 games, its preseason, picks dont mean **** now, start building a downfield arsenal.
- I wanna see our DBs take advantage of a young QB and make some plays.
- Pass rush has got to be there.
- Harper needs to catch everything, anything that is within your reach you catch!
- I wanna see LJ Smith more, he intrigues me as a receiver.
- I wanna see Le'Ron McClain completely annihilate Bart Scott, and then drive Bart into the ground and end him!
- I wanna see Cleo Lemon taking John Beck's roster spot!!

- Ray did this on occasion, I was pleased.
- He did throw down the field and he did it well.
- Well the DBs didnt come through at all, Frank Walker is garbage and Chris Carr is turning out to be exactly what I thought he was......garbage!
- Pass rush was very good at times.
- Harper caught the balls thrown his way, and looked good doin it.
- eh....LJ was pretty much invisible out there.
- This did not happen, but I did like when Bart tried to pick a fight with Michael Oher and Ben Grubbs just pushed Bart Scott away. Bart Scott is such an assclown, so happy he's not a Raven anymore.
- Hard to see who is our 3rd best QB when we only play 2 QBs.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure Gooden was ahead of them all, and he still is. It might be interesting to see how Phillips plays into this later on as well. Will we really carry six ILB's? (Lewis, Gooden, McClain, Phillips, Ellerbe, Ayenbandejo) Somebody good is probably going to get cut.

Personally I wouldn't mind us cutting Ayenbadejo, I know he plays special teams well, but Ellerbe/Burgess/McClain have all looked better than 51 on special teams in this preseason. And those 3 guys actually add something on the defensive side of the ball which 51 does not.

trkaline
08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Personally I wouldn't mind us cutting Ayenbadejo, I know he plays special teams well, but Ellerbe/Burgess/McClain have all looked better than 51 on special teams in this preseason. And those 3 guys actually add something on the defensive side of the ball which 51 does not.

I was at work so I could only see highlights, but that touchdown McClain gave up could have been defended easily if he knew where the ball was, it flew right passed his left arm.

coordinator0
08-25-2009, 11:57 AM

You know I think I'm leaning that way as well. I don't think it's going to happen though, Harbaugh loves his special teams too much to cut one of the bet on that side of the ball. Brendan had a slow start to last season as well and he ended up with the most special teams tackles in his career as well as a pro bowl berth.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-26-2009, 12:41 AM
I was at work so I could only see highlights, but that touchdown McClain gave up could have been defended easily if he knew where the ball was, it flew right passed his left arm.

It definitely could have been, if you watch the game film of it, Dawan Landry is screaming at McClain to move out and cover the back, but McClain had no idea what the hell was goin on.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-26-2009, 07:10 AM
It definitely could have been, if you watch the game film of it, Dawan Landry is screaming at McClain to move out and cover the back, but McClain had no idea what the hell was goin on.

That reminds me because I haven't been paying attention but how is Dawan Landry looking? Is he looking like his old self and the favorite to keep his starting position?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-26-2009, 08:47 AM
That reminds me because I haven't been paying attention but how is Dawan Landry looking? Is he looking like his old self and the favorite to keep his starting position?

Yes he is, I'm completely surprised by him. I thought he'd be a little tentative but he is goin balls out every game, and looks dam good out there.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-26-2009, 10:03 AM
I really like Landry. This offseason I wasn't even mad when we got rid of Leonhard. I have always liked the way he plays. Landry brings consistency to the team. He doesn't take a lot of risk but he doesn't need to because we have Reed back there to do that. Landry just does his job and swats balls away. Probably one of our under-rated players.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-26-2009, 10:34 AM
On the TD to Leon Washington, wasn't it Brendon Ayenbendejo's fault? It looked like he confused McClain a bit. Also, where you guys put the Ravens kicking battle? As in, how far ahead is Hauscka? Does Gano have a chance at redemption?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I don't think he can beat Hauscka unless he bangs a couple 50 yarders in the next 2 games. He hooked a 45-46 yarder last game so I don't know where his accuracy is. What do you think about Kruger? I think he is going to be a beast. He gets pass rush and gets to the runner. He also made a couple plays in coverage last game. Anyone think he will see more playing time that you would expect?

Ravens1991
08-26-2009, 12:17 PM
yea I saw him in coverage and I was shocked he looked better then expected

coordinator0
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think he can beat Hauscka unless he bangs a couple 50 yarders in the next 2 games. He hooked a 45-46 yarder last game so I don't know where his accuracy is. What do you think about Kruger? I think he is going to be a beast. He gets pass rush and gets to the runner. He also made a couple plays in coverage last game. Anyone think he will see more playing time that you would expect?

Yeah, I think Hauschka will pretty much lock up the job over the next two games as long as he doesn't screw up big time. If it does happen though, we may just see the team bring back Stover because that would mean neither of our kickers showed consistency in the preseason games.

As for Kruger, he looks pretty good. Started both games in place of Suggs and I think he played a lot in the last one. Our top three picks are starting to look really good for us.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I think Gano has kicked himself right into the unemployment line.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
On the TD to Leon Washington, wasn't it Brendon Ayenbendejo's fault? It looked like he confused McClain a bit. Also, where you guys put the Ravens kicking battle? As in, how far ahead is Hauscka? Does Gano have a chance at redemption?

Could it have been? Of course, but Im basing my opinon on the way Landry reacted to McClain.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-26-2009, 05:29 PM
yeah, I was real high on Gano, but it looks like the guy thinks too much, kinda looked like he kick that FG a bit off cause of the wind. and I was really impressed with Kruger's performance, his pass rush never slowed down, he batted 3 balls down, and was very active overall. I think he was a great pick. And Michael Oher by the way, looked like he was a lot better in pass coverage compared to the Washington game.

Ravens1991
08-27-2009, 12:28 AM
yea I am shocked as well that Gano is that bad.

I was watching Hale at C and I was impressed his transition from LT to C. I think he can be good after Birk

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-27-2009, 07:16 AM
yea I am shocked as well that Gano is that bad.

I was watching Hale at C and I was impressed his transition from LT to C. I think he can be good after Birk

I don't think he is that bad, (Gano) the kid was just thinking way too much, he said he was trying to play the wind and ended up missing right, if he just kicked that ball normally, it woulda went in for sure. So, I do believe he is capable of making 40+ yard FGs, he's just gonna have to get the mental part down, just like that other #7 we had...

trkaline
08-27-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't think he is that bad, (Gano) the kid was just thinking way too much, he said he was trying to play the wind and ended up missing right, if he just kicked that ball normally, it woulda went in for sure. So, I do believe he is capable of making 40+ yard FGs, he's just gonna have to get the mental part down, just like that other #7 we had...

Shutya shutya shutya mouth...shutya mouth, don't ever mention "him" again.

coordinator0
08-27-2009, 10:31 AM
What, don't you like Stover?

trkaline
08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
What, don't you like Stover?

Stover didn't wear 7...

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea you you said 7 and that is Kyle (I sucks donkey balls) Boller. You must be thinking of #9

coordinator0
08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Stover didn't wear 7...

Haha whoops. I wasn't even thinking about the numbers, just the the kickers. Yeah, let's not talk about Boller...

trkaline
08-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Yea you you said 7 and that is Kyle (I sucks donkey balls) Boller. You must be thinking of #9

McNair????

coordinator0
08-27-2009, 11:59 AM

LOL, Stover was #3 :D.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
AHAHAHAHHAHAH I might not be as big of a fan as I thought

Ravens1991
08-27-2009, 12:57 PM
yea McNair was #9.

I hope they retire #3

dcarey20
08-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Our top three picks are starting to look really good for us.

I totally agree, I'm extremely happy with Oher, Kruger, and Webb. Looks like we're going to get immediate impacts from all three.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-28-2009, 07:11 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.ravens28aug28,0,4803870.story

If it was up to you guys, who would yall want at Kick and Punt returner? Chris Carr or Lardarius Webb?

coordinator0
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
That's a good question. For me it's a question of whether you want consistency (Carr) or explosiveness (Webb). Of course we don't really know how Webb will do as a returner yet (too small of a sample size in the preseason games so far), but that seems to fit him. I think I would rather have Webb being a returner though, because that spark he can add would be great for the team. Carr on the other hand isn't really explosive or even a decent threat to take it all the way.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM
To me that battle would be over if not for the contracts. Carr is gonna get the job because we overpaid him to be here. Lardarius Webb however is the guy who has performed better in the preseason. Give me a guy who takes chances and makes plays any day over a guy who really provides nothing at all to this team.

Ravens1991
08-28-2009, 02:49 PM
I love Webb, I think the guy will be a superstar. Honestly if we didnt throw big $ at Carr he would probably be on the bubble right now. I thought he would do better at CB

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Yea lets just package him in a deal with Denver for Marshall :)

EdReedUnstoppable
08-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Yea lets just package him in a deal with Denver for Marshall :)

Haha, I've done a complete 180 on Marshall, I want nothing to do with him anymore.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Haha, I've done a complete 180 on Marshall, I want nothing to do with him anymore.

I just don't see him bringing that to Baltimore. All he wants is to be paid what he is worth. Like someone posted in another thread there is a rookie runningback making more money than him. He is the 5th highest paid person on the offense. IMO he deserves to make more money and if the Ravens are willing to pay him I say lets do it. I want a Superbowl. I am tired of not having receivers. IMO the reward out weighs the risk

EdReedUnstoppable
08-28-2009, 03:34 PM
I just don't see him bringing that to Baltimore. All he wants is to be paid what he is worth. Like someone posted in another thread there is a rookie runningback making more money than him. He is the 5th highest paid person on the offense. IMO he deserves to make more money and if the Ravens are willing to pay him I say lets do it. I want a Superbowl. I am tired of not having receivers. IMO the reward out weighs the risk

So lets say we bring him in and give him a big deal, huge even.......what happens when Boldin gets a bigger deal from someone? Does he ***** and whine again for us? I just don't trust the guy and to me to ruin our cap situation for a guy who might quit on his team again is a little too risky.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-28-2009, 03:39 PM
So lets say we bring him in and give him a big deal, huge even.......what happens when Boldin gets a bigger deal from someone? Does he ***** and whine again for us? I just don't trust the guy and to me to ruin our cap situation for a guy who might quit on his team again is a little too risky.

See he is not bitching because he isn't a top paid WR. He is pissed because he 5 other guys on his offense is paid more than him. He is pissed a rookie running back is paid more than him when he proved he deserves an extension after last years performance. IMO Everyone is looking into this way to much. He wants out and from what I heard wants to be in Baltimore. IMO Marshall in Purple in Black makes us a top 3 team in the league with Pats/Steelers

dcarey20
08-29-2009, 12:18 AM
I love Webb, I think the guy will be a superstar. Honestly if we didnt throw big $ at Carr he would probably be on the bubble right now. I thought he would do better at CB

Yeah I'm real excited about Webb's future. Wouldn't say I'd expect him to be a superstar, but I catch your drift. His skillset is very intriguing and he's going to be able to contribute in a multitude of ways.

And I don't think Carr would be on the bubble, and we didn't really throw much money at him (2 years/5 million is really nothing on our cap in today's market). Honestly this is about what you can expect from Carr, he's never been a very good cover corner (I think any Titan/Raider fan would tell you that), but he's proven that he's a really solid special teamer and that he can provide depth. I think his returning will improve once the season starts and he'll end up making a decent contribution for us.

On the subject of Brandon Marshall, I've really been against it from the start. When you make a move for someone that's on the level of a Marshall or a Boldin, chances are you're going to have to give that guy a big new deal at one point or another (or at least in IMO). So not only would be be giving up a pick and a decent player for Marshall, we'll probably be commiting big $ as well. With our decision to make Suggs the highest paid linebacker in NFL history, and having to resign Ngata (and possibly Reed depending on his retirement thoughts), I don't know where the money is going to come from.

And that's just my thoughts from a financial standpoint. Throw in the fact that the dude has been a complete goofball throughout this entire process and I don't want that guy on my team.