PDA

View Full Version : Nate Washington injured

DoughBoy
08-24-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090824/SPORTS01/90824047/1027

Well that sucks, I hope Kenny Britt can step up...Jeez,If Justin or Kenny get hurt we could be in some trouble....If Nate is not back by the Pittsburgh game we might have to move Jared Cook to WR for a bit.

CashmoneyDrew
08-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Heard a rumor that we might be looking into trading for Roscoe Parrish.

DoughBoy
08-25-2009, 01:31 AM
I would get a huge boner if that happend. Where did you hear that?

TitanHope
08-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I haven't heard about Parrish either, but I'd be all for that. Wicket returner, and perfect slot guy with his quickness.

As for Washington, he's got a hamstring injury. Fisher says it's not serious, but I bet Nate misses the rest of preseason as a precaution. Hopefully he'll be ready to go by the opener vs his old team, Pittsburgh. If not, then I'd prefer him to sit it out and heal up fully.

CashmoneyDrew
08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I would get a huge boner if that happend. Where did you hear that?

Just through some local media. It makes tons of sense seeing as how Buffalo has great WR depth, we don't, and Parrish is a good kick returner. Also, it makes sense since we have no interest in Marvin Harrison.

TitanHope
08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AucEiDemcLSfaK2KOmBeddT.uLYF?slug=rotowi re-oscoearrishntheove&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

Mentions he could be traded or even cut.

He has a 14.0 career PR AVG. For comparison, Chris Carr's PR AVG last season was 10.1. Actually, Parrish led the league last season in PR AVG with 15.3 on 21 returns.

BamaFalcon59
08-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Parrish is a beast return man.

aNYtitan
08-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Ah of course. It seemed too good to be true. Leaving the preseason with all players healthy

SuperMcGee
08-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes, Parrish is pretty much the best punt returner in the league imo (great moves, has led the league in PR avg the past two years).

But I have to disagree with an earlier statement in this thread. He really disappoints as a receiver, and is far from the perfect slot guy. He's alright with screens and fancy plays, and still dangerous if he has some space, but he doesn't get open or make tough catches. He's had his chance for a couple years to be a great slot guy with Reed being forced to start outside, he just hasn't showed much there.

I don't want to lose him as punt returner, but he has been on the block for most of the offseason it would seem. Buried beneath Evans, Owens, Reed, and Stevie Johnson. We want to get him on the field, but for most things he would do on offense I trust Freddy Jackson to do it better.

MicktheGreat
08-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't really care if Roscoe Parrish can play WR or not, as long as he can still be a dynamite KR/PR.

Adding him would mean that we could finally (FINALLY!) cut bait with Chris Davis because it seems like the only thing keeping him around each year is his "ability" to return kicks and our lack of a sure-fire KR/PR.

CashmoneyDrew
08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I don't really care if Roscoe Parrish can play WR or not, as long as he can still be a dynamite KR/PR.

Adding him would mean that we could finally (FINALLY!) cut bait with Chris Davis because it seems like the only thing keeping him around each year is his "ability" to return kicks and our lack of a sure-fire KR/PR.

Chris Davis was cut the other day.

TitanHope
08-26-2009, 06:12 PM
But I have to disagree with an earlier statement in this thread. He really disappoints as a receiver, and is far from the perfect slot guy. He's alright with screens and fancy plays, and still dangerous if he has some space, but he doesn't get open or make tough catches. He's had his chance for a couple years to be a great slot guy with Reed being forced to start outside, he just hasn't showed much there.

We're talking WR standards here, SM! We haven't had a good slot WR since Bobby Wade. ;)

MicktheGreat
08-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Chris Davis was cut the other day.

That's the best news I've heard all day.

Davis will probably catch on somewhere else as a depth WR -- just glad that the Titans decided to move on and give some other young WRs a chance.