PDA

View Full Version : Would Denver hire Josh McDaniels today?

DMWSackMachine
08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Knowing the way it has unfolded, would Denver hire McDaniels today?

When he came on they were a young team with young potential superstars at some extremely key positions (QB, OT, WR) and were just a good RB away from being possibly the most loaded offensive team in the league. While they may have had a really bad defense, they did have some quality players to build around (DJ, an aging Champ, Dumervil, etc) and it looked like the team just needed one or all of the following: 1) simple tweaking, 2) a fresh voice and/or 3) a change in mentality.

McDaniels was supposed to provide that for the team by taking the offense to the next level while kick starting the defense.

Now? We all know the story.

NeckBeard at QB.

Marshall practicing with the scout team and likely the next one out of town.

A stream of strange stories coming out of the organization.

Naked women walking up and down the sidelines offering lap dances during practices.

I only made one of those things up.

Does Bowlen still make the hire if he can see into the future? I'd really like to hear from Denver fans in particular on this one.

Xonraider
08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't think so

Gay Ork Wang
08-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Why wouldnt they? They have the amazing neckbeard at QB

soybean
08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
would if the broncos have an amazing season and we all look stupid at the end of the year by questioning the great coach mcdaniels?

Strongside
08-26-2009, 07:42 PM
would if the broncos have an amazing season and we all look stupid at the end of the year by questioning the great coach mcdaniels?

I'll take that chance.

fenikz
08-26-2009, 07:52 PM
for **** sake people stop making thread about him until he gets at least a couple games under his belt(please dont i know there will be 10 made anyways)

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-26-2009, 07:59 PM
All McDanials did was lost Cutler. Everything else was going to happen anyway. For example the Marshall thing.

tjsunstein
08-26-2009, 08:10 PM
This is stupid. Why would they?

Timbathia
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
This year the Broncos will have a solid season, and at the end of next season you will all wish your organisation could lure McDaniels away to coach them.

and I agree with earlier poster, why start yet another Broncos/McDaniels bashing thread before the season has already started? How about you wait until the Broncos are 3-0 after beating Cinci, Cleveland and Oakland before starting the next McDaniels is an idiot thread?

aNYtitan
08-26-2009, 09:01 PM
All McDanials did was lost Cutler. Everything else was going to happen anyway. For example the Marshall thing.

Ah alright. Basically running your teams best player out of town should qualify as a career ender with your current organization. Nope nope nope he would not be hired today

tjsunstein
08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
How about you wait until the Broncos are 3-0 after beating Cinci, Cleveland and Oakland before starting the next McDaniels is an idiot thread?

I think I could coach the Broncos to a 3-0 record with that schedule.

Cicero
08-26-2009, 10:55 PM
I thought it was stupid to hire him in the first place. If they knew they were going to end up losing Cutler I would think that they would have hired someone else.

the decider13
08-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes, because Bowlen saw the future of hiring Spags as well. It was ugly. He got in to a fist fight with Champ, Marshall and Cutler all at once and all three were released. That was much worse.

Honestly, Cutler is gone, but that is not totally McDaniels fault. It's like 30 Josh, 20 Bowlen, 50 Jay. Anyone who blames McD 100 percent should work on dislodging their head from their ass. Marshall's problems have absolutely nothing to do with McDaniels. At all.

McDaniels has had a shakey offseason, but that is hardly reason for him to be crucified in the preseason. With Shanny being fired, I expected a shakey offseason no matter who was hired. I didn't expect Cutler to be traded, but I knew there would be some changes. At least let the man make it part way through the season before the flood of "ZOMG WORST COACH EVERZZ"

Xenos
08-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Honestly, I think whoever would have been hired would have butt heads with Cutler anyways. The guy wanted out since Shanahan and Bates was let go. Remember another important thing about the whole situation, Bowlen claimed the reason he went through with the trade was because Cutler wouldn't return any of his calls. Now you could say that wouldn't have happened if the talks of the Cassel trade hadn't surfaced, but it's just weird that things got taken that far over something like this. Of course when you have Bus Cook as your agent, there always tends to be fireworks in the offseason.

Staubach12
08-27-2009, 01:49 AM
This offseason has been hell for them. Seriously. Personally, I think SABF is cursed.

BlindSite
08-27-2009, 03:03 AM
I think they'd have rather gone after chucky or tried to lure away any other assistant available other than McDaniels.

I think right now everyone is just holding on and hoping against all odds the rollercoaster finishes with success.

fenikz
08-27-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm glad people didn't go hard after Grimm, though I doubt he stays an assistant for more than 1 more year

AntoinCD
08-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Of course he would still be hired he has a regular season loss record of 0. Cutler is way more to blame than McDaniels for him leaving. So what if he tried to get Cassell. He's your boss get over it. Apart from Cutler being a ***** and Marshall being a prima donna it hasnt been horrible for Denver. They still an above average offensive line, drafted a potentially very good running back, a good receiving corps(especially with Marshall) and have begun retooling his defense. After we have seen what he could do with Cassell we should at least give him a chance with Orton

PACKmanN
08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
for **** sake people stop making thread about him until he gets at least a couple games under his belt(please dont i know there will be 10 made anyways)

lol if you think this is bad, wait until ESPN starts talking about this story. Everyone better hope that Denver has success.

Diehard
08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Of course he would still be hired he has a regular season loss record of 0. Cutler is way more to blame than McDaniels for him leaving. So what if he tried to get Cassell. He's your boss get over it. Apart from Cutler being a ***** and Marshall being a prima donna it hasnt been horrible for Denver. They still an above average offensive line, drafted a potentially very good running back, a good receiving corps(especially with Marshall) and have begun retooling his defense. After we have seen what he could do with Cassell we should at least give him a chance with Orton

Yep, that pretty much covers it.

DMWSackMachine
08-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Everyone should realize that this is not a thread intended to bash McDaniels. Aside from laughing at a few of the dumber stories I've heard, I could care less either way. I'm wondering if Bronco management is still behind the signing or if they wish they could get a do over (since obviously you're not going to fire him right before the season) at this point in time.

So all the butt hurt Bronco fans can calm down and just answer the ******* question.

no bare feet
08-27-2009, 11:56 AM
At least they got Alphonso Smith.

DMWSackMachine
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Of course no announcement or public statement has been made, I'm just asking people to speculate on how they think he feels.

Personally, from where I stand, if I was in his shoes and I could have a do over, I would look elsewhere given what I know now.

It's very simple, and I think its relevant. Just because it could (potentially) reflect badly on the organization doesn't mean that there is no reason to talk about it. This is one of the most unique situations I have ever seen in the NFL.

A young, wet-behind-the-ears coach comes in, thinking he's hot **** because he has been tutored by this "uber genius" Bill Belichick, decides he's going to clean house and do things "his way" and immediately begins to down grade positions on the team thinking that he can "coach 'em up" and have a better team as a result, giving a way a 26 year old franchise QB in the process. You would be hard pressed to find anything like this in NFL history. It's not like he took over the Lions, a team already bereft of much talent. The Broncos were a playoff caliber team at times last year, and looked to have one of the best offenses in the league going into this year. Now? I wouldn't be surprised if they finish in the bottom third.

bigbluedefense
08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
If the Broncos hired Spagnuolo instead of McDumbass, they'd be a SB caliber team within 2 years.

I was surprised they didn't hire him. He was a perfect fit for that team.

EDIT: I must admit though, they do look better so far than I expected. Maybe all of us are counting out McDaniels a little too soon.

Xenos
08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
If the Broncos hired Spagnuolo instead of McDumbass, they'd be a SB caliber team within 2 years.

I was surprised they didn't hire him. He was a perfect fit for that team.

EDIT: I must admit though, they do look better so far than I expected. Maybe all of us are counting out McDaniels a little too soon.
To be fair, Spag did his own house cleaning in St. Louis as well. I just think that Cutler would have wanted out either way and used the trade talks as excuse to either get a new contract or leave Denver since both Shanahan and Bates were gone.

Basileus777
08-27-2009, 09:57 PM
How about Brandon Marshall's latest antics?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

The Broncos 2009 off-season, the gift that keeps on giving.

steelersfan43
08-27-2009, 10:10 PM

Of course it was his fault. Everyone and their mother knows cutler is 10x better now and forever then cassel. If you have a young developing star player that wants to be there you dont initiate trade talks for him.

Xenos
08-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Of course it was his fault. Everyone and their mother knows cutler is 10x better now and forever then cassel. If you have a young developing star player that wants to be there you dont initiate trade talks for him.
http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/03/02/king-cutler-had-already-asked-to-be-traded/
According to SIís Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Knowing the way it has unfolded, would Denver hire McDaniels today?

When he came on they were a young team with young potential superstars at some extremely key positions (QB, OT, WR) and were just a good RB away from being possibly the most loaded offensive team in the league. While they may have had a really bad defense, they did have some quality players to build around (DJ, an aging Champ, Dumervil, etc) and it looked like the team just needed one or all of the following: 1) simple tweaking, 2) a fresh voice and/or 3) a change in mentality.

McDaniels was supposed to provide that for the team by taking the offense to the next level while kick starting the defense.

Now? We all know the story.

NeckBeard at QB.

Marshall practicing with the scout team and likely the next one out of town.

A stream of strange stories coming out of the organization.

Naked women walking up and down the sidelines offering lap dances during practices.

I only made one of those things up.

Does Bowlen still make the hire if he can see into the future? I'd really like to hear from Denver fans in particular on this one.

Please say you made up the thing about NeckBeard.

Geo
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
How about Brandon Marshall's latest antics?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

The Broncos 2009 off-season, the gift that keeps on giving.
What an idiot douche. No character, no class, no integrity, just some piece of **** who can run and catch a ball. He shouldn't get paid a dime.

If he should trip over his own feet and break his face, I won't shed a tear.

Xenos
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Like I said before, I think Cutler has to share the blame too. I mean when you ask to be traded after your OC was let go (even before the Cassell thing emerged), and then when you finally do get traded because you didn't return the owner's phone calls, you don't complain about not wanting to be traded in the first place. Which is what he did after getting traded.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9403016/Cutler-speaks:-%27I-didn%27t-want-to-get-traded%27

"I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me."
"I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far."

I think Jay is suffering from Jerkyll and Hyde personality disorder or something.

08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
This year the Broncos will have a solid season, and at the end of next season you will all wish your organisation could lure McDaniels away to coach them.

and I agree with earlier poster, why start yet another Broncos/McDaniels bashing thread before the season has already started? How about you wait until the Broncos are 3-0 after beating Cinci, Cleveland and Oakland before starting the next McDaniels is an idiot thread?

If those games were in the middle of the season, I think it's 3 wins. But since it's at the beginning, we might lose all three. I'd love for Denver to prove me wrong, but I don't see anything that tells me we sniff 8-8 this year. Of course teams always sneak up on you, but I don't think Denver will be that team this year.

Xonraider
08-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Playing Denver is going to be so awesome. Nnamdi has to shut down Royal and we don't have to worry about a 2nd wide receiver!!! Plus we can probably run blitz like hell since they won't be doing much effective throwing with Orton

Basileus777
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
i can only assume you thought that had something to do with anything else in this thread.

HINT: it doesn't.

I didn't think it was wise to start yet another Denver thread.

CC.SD
08-28-2009, 04:31 PM
that's where you were completely wrong. the nfl board should be full of denver threads.

Well everything strives to return to its natural state. I'm sure some more will pop up soon.

sweetness34
08-28-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/03/02/king-cutler-had-already-asked-to-be-traded/
According to SIís Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

I'm not debunking this but keep in mind that Peter King is reporting this...Bowlen also reportedly promised Jay that Bates would be retained in a meeting they had at the end of the season.

I think the divorce was good for both sides.

awfullyquiet
08-28-2009, 05:45 PM
i'd like to buy a vowel? i don't have any money? i'll take marshall instead!

Timbathia
08-29-2009, 05:35 AM
Playing Denver is going to be so awesome. Nnamdi has to shut down Royal and we don't have to worry about a 2nd wide receiver!!! Plus we can probably run blitz like hell since they won't be doing much effective throwing with Orton

And then jamarcus russell waddles onto the field and we all die of laughing at the worst starting qb in the nfl right now with easily the worst starting wide receivers in nfl history.

stokely and gaffney look like superstars compared to any and all raiders receivers.

raiders/broncos will be a battle this season of the raiders running it 60 times a game versus the broncos non-stop bubble screen-a-thon. Could possibly be the most uninteresting game of the season for non-broncos or raiders fans.

08-29-2009, 11:42 AM
To be fair, Spag did his own house cleaning in St. Louis as well. I just think that Cutler would have wanted out either way and used the trade talks as excuse to either get a new contract or leave Denver since both Shanahan and Bates were gone.

Yeah he did some house cleaning, but there's a difference between house cleaning and blowing your house up by trading your best player and a very possible top 5 pick for ******* Alphonso Smith.

08-29-2009, 12:00 PM
stokely and gaffney look like superstars compared to any and all raiders receivers.

Schilens, Murphy, DHB, JLH????

Try again.

08-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Brandon Marshall and Royal look like all-stars compared to any Raiders receiver... but that's because Marshall is an actual all-star and Royal has a very good chance of being one soon.

Oh wait, no he doesn't, Kyle Orton is throwing him the ball and unless Cutler and Urlacher AND Briggs AND at least 5 other players on the Bears defense are on IR within the first three weeks, we don't have a chance at Bradford, or McCoy, or whichever QB is at the top of the prospect rankings. I swear if Alphonso Smith isn't the next Deion Sanders I'm gonna flip.

Shane P. Hallam
08-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Brandon Marshall and Royal look like all-stars compared to any Raiders receiver... but that's because Marshall is an actual all-star and Royal has a very good chance of being one soon.

Oh wait, no he doesn't, Kyle Orton is throwing him the ball and unless Cutler and Urlacher AND Briggs AND at least 5 other players on the Bears defense are on IR within the first three weeks, we don't have a chance at Bradford, or McCoy, or whichever QB is at the top of the prospect rankings. I swear if Alphonso Smith isn't the next Deion Sanders I'm gonna flip.

Might as well flip and get it over with.

Rosebud
08-29-2009, 01:02 PM
After McDaniels bitched out and didn't chew brandon marshall out in front of the whole team for that crap he pulled in practice I would certainly hesitate to hire McDaniels today, and I thought that McDaniels + Cutlerzzz = NFL points record.

08-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Might as well flip and get it over with.

****!!!! ****!!!!! I CANT ******* BELIEVE THE ******* TRAINWRECK WE ARE!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

GEHRWTBHKBLNSaengklrnbpGJRPTHOJNFLB SDVW;LJHPQQORGVOWFHTWHAEVRBG

Zycho32
08-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Y'know how most people dislike when their favorite franchises take the common, unexciting route and go with the same-old, same-old? Hiring unimpressive coaches who have 'experience' despite not actually being employed or having been fired prior? Creating vanilla offenses and defenses, going with the 'sure things' that about 99% of everyone watching knows is going to happen in advance? Punting on fourth down? (Not to plagirize TMQ)

This would be the opposite stance.

Aggravating, isn't it?

Gay Ork Wang
08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
thats a cool way to look at it

Jimmy
08-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Meet Denver's Week 1 Starting Quarterback

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0911/ncf_g_brandstater_400.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Zycho32
08-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Actually, it seems pretty relevent since that's the 'effect' portion of what McDaniels and co. have wrought.

Zycho32
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
i didn't realize mcdaniels 'wrought' injuries to both of the other quarterbacks. but i'm sure you'll also argue that it was shanahan's fault that all the broncos rbs were injured last year, too.

Actually no, I'm not gonna argue that.

And the 'wrought' part has nothing to due with the injury. The 'wrought' part has to due with the 'sideshow-like' series of events that ended with Cutler traded to Chicago. Regardless of who was ultimately responsible and how much of the 'blame pie' they deserve, that lead to the usage of other quarterbacks required to lead the team, quarterbacks considered to be athletically inferior and with less potential.

Put it this way- had such turmoil not happened, Cutler might still be in Denver. He may or may not be injured, but the key difference would be Cutler's injury would not put McDaniels immediately on the hot seat, as it would've been an unknown variable. But he would still be here, and the ultimate future at QB would be all the clearer for it.

The fact that Cutler is not here and that his 'replacement' is injured, leading to the guy in the picture quite possibly having to lead this team at the start of the season in his rookie year... that's the sort of unknown variable which drives fans nuts and makes the bigger die hards start digging fallout shelters.

So, to summarize; McDaniels/Cutler sideshow >>> Cutler traded to Chicago >>> Replacement for Cutler injured >>> Rookie possibly leading team in week 1= On Topic.

soybean
09-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't think they're regretting their hire just yet.

In the mean time if you're real quiet... like REAL quiet... you can hear jay cutler throwing another interception.

Cicero
09-21-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't think they're regretting their hire just yet.

In the mean time if you're real quiet... like REAL quiet... you can hear jay cutler throwing another interception.

I must be deaf because I didn't hear any interceptions from Cutler at all on Sunday. I did however hear the thud of Kyle Orton's passes hitting the ground on 49% of his throws against a miserable Browns D.

09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
We'd be 2-0 right now if we had Cutler and much much better equipped to beat a team that is actually good.

Diehard
09-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I must be deaf because I didn't hear any interceptions from Cutler at all on Sunday. I did however hear the thud of Kyle Orton's passes hitting the ground on 49% of his throws against a miserable Browns D.

The passing offense is definitely out-of-sync, but it's not all on Orton. The WR's generally did a poor job of recognizing the blitz and on more than one occassion ran *into* double coverage rather than making the correct read. It's no surprise that Gaffney (system familiarity) and Stokely (veteran savvy) had the lion's share of our receiving yards. Royal and BMarsh will get more comfortable as the season progresses... then we'll see how much of a limitation Orton really is.

bigbluedefense
09-21-2009, 04:28 PM
im actually surprised at how well the defense has been playing.

I felt that Dumerville would improve in this scheme, but its not just him who's playing well.

09-21-2009, 04:37 PM
im actually surprised at how well the defense has been playing.

I felt that Dumerville would improve in this scheme, but its not just him who's playing well.

I'm shocked as well. Dumerville has always been good, except last year. Dude was a beast his first 2 years though. That 2006 draft was oh-so kind to us. Until we traded Jay, then it just became "yeah, pretty good."

bigbluedefense
09-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm shocked as well. Dumerville has always been good, except last year. Dude was a beast his first 2 years though. That 2006 draft was oh-so kind to us. Until we traded Jay, then it just became "yeah, pretty good."

especially considering the fact that Mike Nolan is running the show. Mike Nolan sucks.

Diehard
09-21-2009, 04:42 PM

I think we expected the secondary to play well, considering the investment there, but I've really liked some of the LB work. Andra Davis looks like a leader on the D and Haggan has been a nice surprise at OLB.

Considering the front seven as a whole, the improvement in terms of gap discipline is like night and day. Ditching the knucklehead freelancers (Winborn, Webster) was a great move. Players have been given assignments where they can succeed and they are executing. It will be interesting to see what happens against a team that is determined to run both inside and outside against us (Raiders perhaps?).

bigbluedefense
09-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I think we expected the secondary to play well, considering the investment there, but I've really liked some of the LB work. Andra Davis looks like a leader on the D and Haggan has been a nice surprise at OLB.

Considering the front seven as a whole, the improvement in terms of gap discipline is like night and day. Ditching the knucklehead freelancers (Winborn, Webster) was a great move. Players have been given assignments where they can succeed and they are executing. It will be interesting to see what happens against a team that is determined to run both inside and outside against us (Raiders perhaps?).

who's the NT, Robertson? he was awful for the Jets at 3-4 NT.

Diehard
09-21-2009, 04:46 PM
who's the NT, Robertson? he was awful for the Jets at 3-4 NT.

Ron Fields from SF, backed up by Marcus Thomas and Chris Baker.

Shiver
09-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Let's not overreact: they should have lost against the Bengals and they beat the hapless Browns at home. I reserve judgment until I see them play well (not necessarily win) against a quality football team.

soybean
10-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Let's not overreact: they should have lost against the Bengals and they beat the hapless Browns at home. I reserve judgment until I see them play well (not necessarily win) against a quality football team.

does dallas count?

Denver has enough pieces in place to make a playoff run.

Great D. decent game manager. good running game. a true number 1 and a above average slot.

Gay Ork Wang
10-05-2009, 03:32 PM
does dallas count?

Denver has enough pieces in place to make a playoff run.

Great D. decent game manager. good running game. a true number 1 and a above average slot.
yes, Dallas actually does count, they didnt really do anything so far to warrant that.

YAYareaRB
10-05-2009, 03:45 PM
yes, Dallas actually does count, they didnt really do anything so far to warrant that.

Are you a bears fan or a packers fan?

Bengalsrocket
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM

He's a bears fan.

sbh15
10-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I'd like to ask the same question in a different way...

If you showed the Broncos' brass the current roster vs the one pre-hiring, but not the record, would they still hire him?

Gay Ork Wang
10-05-2009, 04:50 PM
i lost an avy bet <.<

tjsunstein
10-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I think they lose their next four.

vs. NE
@ SD
@ BAL
vs. PIT

soybean
10-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I think they lose their next four.

vs. NE
@ SD
@ BAL
vs. PIT

Ill buy NE BAL and PIT, but i think they can more than handle the Chargers.

btw i could care less either way.

tjsunstein
10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Ill buy NE BAL and PIT, but i think they can more than handle the Chargers.

btw i could care less either way.

I wouldn't say more than handle but they have a fair shot. Most teams do against rivals no matter how good/bad each team is.

soybean
10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't say more than handle but they have a fair shot. Most teams do against rivals no matter how good/bad each team is.

yeah i worded that wrong, i think Denver's defense might give them the edge in this one, also considering SD's defensive struggles lately. I think it'll be a close yet low scoring game also considering Denver's inability to score a lot of points

FUNBUNCHER
10-12-2009, 12:59 AM
McDaniels is the truth!!

The only Belichick disciple who can actually bring it as a HC.

Sorry Josh I didn't recognize you're genius much earlier this season.

niel89
10-12-2009, 02:41 AM
While Orton has been pretty good, I still think Cutler would have made this Broncos team to the next level. Their defense is just playing so outstanding right now. Im definitely eating crow right now.

Gay Ork Wang
10-12-2009, 04:43 AM
i didnt expect that at all

CT Bronco Fan
10-12-2009, 09:02 AM
i didnt expect that at all

Eventually people are just going to have to admit that the Broncos are for real this year.

Dawkins and Nolan have really turned this defense around.

Auron
10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
While Orton has been pretty good, I still think Cutler would have made this Broncos team to the next level. Their defense is just playing so outstanding right now. Im definitely eating crow right now.

I think they probably would have more big plays with Cutler, but also more turnovers. I'm not so sure Cutler fits into McDaniel's system that well. Cutler was known to force some passes down the field to try and make a big play happen, even in tight coverage.. he's just that confident in his arm... while the system they currently run requires patience, and taking care of the football.

Orton fits into what McDaniel's needs at that spot, likewise I have seen some questionable throws from Orton that literally bounced his way but for the most part he's executed his role of a game manager that can make right throws down to a tee.