PDA

View Full Version : Will Marvin Harrison Play This Season?

Splat
08-27-2009, 06:18 PM
What do you think?

Bucs_Rule
08-27-2009, 06:52 PM
If he's not signed by now I doubt he will get signed.

Geo
08-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Just as long as he's not in a Colts uniform, I couldn't care less about him otherwise. Good riddance.

Nalej
08-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Just as long as he's not in a Colts uniform, I couldn't care less about him otherwise. Good riddance.

Wow. Why do you say that? Besides being injured- what else did he do?

Geo
08-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Other than being (a) a waste of space last year? (b) an even bigger waste of space in the playoffs? (c) a one-dimensional, finesse diva? (d) overpaid and taking away looks from Dallas Clark and Anthony Gonzalez?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I would welcome him to Baltimore

critesy
08-27-2009, 07:39 PM
some wr will get hurt early-mid season and he will sign with that team.

Splat
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/27/source-broken-collarbone-for-roy-williams/

Paging Marvin Harrison.

Paging Marvin Harrison.

A league source tells us that Cowboys receiver Roy Williams suffered a broken collarbone during his Thursday night collision with cornerback Orlando Scandrick.

Typically, a broken collarbone requires a healing period of six to eight weeks.

tjsunstein
08-27-2009, 10:09 PM
I doubt he does and if he decides to come back, he won't make an impact for any team at this point in my opinion. It's too late.

yodabear
08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
He has to be better than Luarent Robinson OR Ronald Curry, doesn't he? Or at the very least give us another target. Granted using this logic, we should sign Brett Favre too. Oh wait a minute.........

ThePudge
08-30-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm one of the believers in Marvin Harrison and believe he could make a number of teams better. If you asked me last year who I thought had more left in the tank Isaac Bruce or Marvin Harrison, I would have told you Marvin. Isaac had a pleasantly surprising year in San Fran and I think Marvin could do that for somebody.

I look at a few teams and wonder if their #3 WR can produce more than Marvin. This guy is still quick enough for the slot and has some of the league's best hands. I think Miami would be an interesting fit and I like the idea of Marvin as a mentor if he has a little bit of an attitude adjustment. Baltimore makes sense to me, Houston would be intriguing, Kansas City also. That's just in the AFC. Any team thin at WR or filled with unrefined young players could use Harrison. St. Louis, I think, would work as he could be a mentor to Donnie Avery.

Ultimately, I'll be optomistic about one of my favorite WR's of all time and say he will get signed. If he was going to before the season, he would have already. I think an injury is going to force a team to take a look at their options in FA and decide with Marvin the positives can outweigh the negatives. It's just hard to believe, for me, that Marvin's career is over like that.

dabears10
08-30-2009, 10:56 AM
He has to be better than Luarent Robinson OR Ronald Curry, doesn't he? Or at the very least give us another target. Granted using this logic, we should sign Brett Favre too. Oh wait a minute.........

No one is better than Laurent Robinson. Redbirds for LIFE!

P-L
08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't mind the Lions taking a look at him if he came cheap. I mean, he's gotta be better than Keary Colbert. Right?

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I've heard that he wants way too much money and that is really turning teams away from him, if he really wants to play football, then he'd probably take a much needed pay cut, but I guess he is more about the money now.

Xonraider
08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't mind the Lions taking a look at him if he came cheap. I mean, he's gotta be better than Keary Colbert. Right?

I am better than Keary Colbert.

aNYtitan
08-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Other than being (a) a waste of space last year? (b) an even bigger waste of space in the playoffs? (c) a one-dimensional, finesse diva? (d) overpaid and taking away looks from Dallas Clark and Anthony Gonzalez?

Wow, his body finally started acting his age and you completely trash him because of one year? What about his entire body of work as a Colt? No appreciation for that?

Someone will sign him, lack of depth at WR will cause it or lack of a veteran presence or a team that is a contender and feels they need another option at WR. I say by week 4 he is back in the league