PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall's Type Of Pratice (LOL)

RaiderNation
08-28-2009, 12:55 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

Looks at this guy lol. Why isnt he kicked of the field for doing **** like that.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2009, 01:03 AM
he needs his attitude adjusted.

Brent
08-28-2009, 01:05 AM
that **** is awesome haha, that is the crap my close friend did before quitting football in HS hahahaha

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-28-2009, 01:06 AM
People might not like it but he is doing what he has to do get what he wants. It might not happen but he is trying. This is going to be a Chad Johnson situation.

vidae
08-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't ever remember hearing about Chad being THAT childish.

falloutboy14
08-28-2009, 01:25 AM
What was it the Eagles did with TO a few years back? I know they sent him home, but what justification did they give. & what was his status as far as on the team on the roster etc?

Hurricanes25
08-28-2009, 01:26 AM
He is worse than TO and Chad. Now that is bad.

TACKLE
08-28-2009, 02:01 AM
I think his attitude might be a little better if he was wearing black and purple.

trkaline
08-28-2009, 03:19 AM
I think his attitude might be a little better if he was wearing black and purple.

I agree 200%.

7-11
08-28-2009, 03:27 AM

I agree 200%.

Would you really want someone of that character near your team? I'd fly to Indianapolis and stand at the city limits with a shotgun if i heard he was interested in becoming a Colt.

Shahin
08-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Would you really want someone of that character near your team? I'd fly to Indianapolis and stand at the city limits with a shotgun if i heard he was interested in becoming a Colt.

i'd take him any day. who really wants to play for the broncos anyway?

Cicero
08-28-2009, 04:01 AM

How often do you get a chance to acquire a WR with the talent he has? If I were a Ravens fan that's definitely a risk I'm willing to take. Ray Rice, Joe Flacco, Jared Gaither, Michael Oher, Le'Ron McClain, and a happy Brandon Marshall would be an amazing core on offense for years to come. It's easily worth the risk.

7-11
08-28-2009, 04:32 AM
How often do you get a chance to acquire a WR with the talent he has? If I were a Ravens fan that's definitely a risk I'm willing to take. Ray Rice, Joe Flacco, Jared Gaither, Michael Oher, Le'Ron McClain, and a happy Brandon Marshall would be an amazing core on offense for years to come. It's easily worth the risk.

I have to go get exceedingly inebriated in about 4 mins so i'll keep this brief.

Watch that video of him jogging around and batting down balls at training. Now, if i was being told i was going to be a teammate of that primadonna asshole, i'd be less than impressed. Any athlete of decent character would be infuriated watching that.

CT Bronco Fan
08-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Pretty sad off season when even Raider fans are justified to laugh at Denver.

TitanHope
08-28-2009, 04:51 AM
What was it the Eagles did with TO a few years back? I know they sent him home, but what justification did they give. & what was his status as far as on the team on the roster etc?

I believe he was sent home for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Biggest diva WR: Brandon Marshall or Michael Crabtree?

Cicero
08-28-2009, 05:57 AM
I have to go get exceedingly inebriated in about 4 mins so i'll keep this brief.

Watch that video of him jogging around and batting down balls at training. Now, if i was being told i was going to be a teammate of that primadonna asshole, i'd be less than impressed. Any athlete of decent character would be infuriated watching that.

I already watched it. I wouldn't expect any of that out of him once he has a new contract and a competent coach.

wicket
08-28-2009, 06:18 AM

out of those two, marshall easily. crabtree is just looking to get paid and goes about htat wrong. marshall basicly now not only honours the TO part of his nickname but now also the baby part

Xonraider
08-28-2009, 06:38 AM
People might not like it but he is doing what he has to do get what he wants. It might not happen but he is trying. This is going to be a Chad Johnson situation.

Do you mean Chad Ocho Cinco??

TitanHope
08-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Do you mean Chad Ocho Cinco??

Dontcha mean Chad Ochocinco?

I do believe his last name is one single word. ;)

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Well, Brandon Marshall DOES deserve a much bigger contract, when you look at what he can do on the field, but the way he goes about it is wrong IMO. He should simply sit out practice until he gets what he wants. Not be a little baby about it and screw up practice for the guys who wanna get better and win some football games. I can definitely understand why Marshall wants more money, but I can't understand why he does this stupid ****.

Nalej
08-28-2009, 07:17 AM
If he sits out- he'll get fined. Or not paid. However you want to do it.
He's participating to avoid that but still trying to make his point that he doesn't want to be there.

I don't agree with his tactic but I understand why he's doing it

tjsunstein
08-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Class Act. Simply a Grade-A professional.

The Legend
08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Actually I really can't say I disagree with what he's doing. The guy doesn't want to be there, and even with this. Half of the teams in the NFL will still pay him the big bucks he wants. So he's doing every little thing he can to make sure he gets traded. Its just business.

tjsunstein
08-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Actually I really can't say I disagree with what he's doing. The guy doesn't want to be there, and even with this. Half of the teams in the NFL will still pay him the big bucks he wants. So he's doing every little thing he can to make sure he gets traded. Its just business.

I think it would be more reasonable if he just sat out practice, didn't damage his image, and managed to go about it that way. He's going to be paid whatever he was fined anyway.

"I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," Marshall said.

"I'm not out there trying to be a distraction to the team," Marshall said. "Unfortunately, yesterday I kind of let my frustration get the best of me."

Actions speak louder than words.

coordinator0
08-28-2009, 09:40 AM
No way do I want him on the Ravens. Even if he would get a new contract in Baltimore he would probably go back to being a complete douche like he is now if something didn't go his way. He would be like, "hey this worked for me before so I'm going to do it again." No thank you, let's save our money for Ngata please.

Diehard
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
For that little display of idiocy, Marshall has been suspended:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13222721

Gay Ork Wang
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
it is also posted on NFL.com. Conduct detrimental to the club. So TOesque. Good for Baby TO, know he can be like his icon

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-28-2009, 10:12 AM
That is the sound of trade value dropping. Denver isn't in a win situation here. It is deep enough now that this will affect his production during the season, and the hit to the team has already been taken. You don't pay, you lose. You pay, you lose because of the impression this has left and shows that you are giving in to this behavior. You trade, you lose becuase you don't get adequate trade value.

Funny part is, Marshall doesn't win either.

vidae
08-28-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't understand the people saying they'd want him on their team with no questions asked.

This kind of behavior is going to come up again and again. No matter where he goes, if something doesn't go his way this could come up again. I understand he's unhappy in Denver.. it'd be kind of hard not to be right now, but you should always act like a professional. It'll get you a lot more than acting like a jackass ever will.

tjsunstein
08-28-2009, 10:22 AM
What? No way! Total shocker.

The only winners here are the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders. Yes, the Raiders actually won something.

Diehard
08-28-2009, 10:50 AM
That is the sound of trade value dropping.

I'm not sure a trade was ever really on the radar unless some team came in and wowed the FO with a big offer. The team needed to take a stand after the way things played out with Cutler.

Funny part is, Marshall doesn't win either.

No one "wins", but Denver holds pretty much all the cards. Marshall has very little leverage to force anything. He totally overplayed his limited hand, now he's going to be docked $$$ that he apparently wants/needs quite badly.

The best way for BMarsh to get his big payday (from either Denver or some other team) is to keep his nose clean, practice hard and produce on the field this year.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM
You don't understand that he is just doing it because he doesn't want to be there at all. He doesn't want that contract extension no more. He wants OUT!!! I will take him in Baltimore all day but not for Ngata or if it means we can't sign Ngata.

TitanHope
08-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Buckets!!!

Also, on my NFLDC Fantasy Football team, I have both Brandon Marshall and Michael Crabtree... FML, stupid karma.

Diehard
08-28-2009, 11:30 AM
You don't understand that he is just doing it because he doesn't want to be there at all. He doesn't want that contract extension no more. He wants OUT!!!

Did you see him apologizing last night on NFL Live? Yes, he'd like a trade because the Broncos:

a) are reluctant to pay him big bucks because of the risk
b) have a lot of control over him from a contractual standpoint and
c) have shown they will take a hard line in dealing with him.

But don't think for a second this isn't about money... Marshall just thinks he's got a much better shot at getting that money elsewhere.

Keep in mind this is a guy who apparently couldn't afford to hold out as he still wants to collect his current paycheck. Of course, he potentially just screwed that up as well... nice job, Brandon.

YAYareaRB
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
He'd be a good look in a red and gold jersey.

PACKmanN
08-28-2009, 11:45 AM
why is everyone calling Marshall a baby and diva when Cutler pulled off the same stunt but everyone took his side...

drowe
08-28-2009, 11:46 AM
has any team ever had a worse offseason than the denver broncos? really. anybody else, this behavior would be unacceptable. but, with the last 6 months in denver, i kinda understand his frustrations.

vidae
08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
why is everyone calling Marshall a baby and diva when Cutler pulled off the same stunt but everyone took his side...

Most people think Cutler is a little whining baby, which he is, but he didn't act this bad.

DoughBoy
08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow, he will be out of the leauge in 2 years max, TO and Chad never pulled that ****.

DoughBoy
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM

You would really want him on your team? He will pull the same crap and I doubt Mike Singletary would even talk to the Broncos about trading for him.

Brent
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
**** that. I dont want to give up any thing for a guy we don't need.

No, I am pretty sure everyone things (for the most part) he's acting an ass, and felt the same about Cutler.

Vikes99ej
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
What a ******* baby. This is why I don't feel bad when I hear about football players getting robbed and ****.

DoughBoy
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM
**** that. I dont want to give up any thing for a guy we don't need.

No, I am pretty sure everyone things (for the most part) he's acting an ass, and felt the same about Cutler.

Brandon Marshall makes Jay look like he handled his situation like a Pro.

Diehard
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Update: the word coming out of the McD press conference going on right now is that Marshall is suspended until Sept 5th.

If Bmarsh was smart, he'd use this time to refocus, learn the playbook and come back ready to play... but that's a pipe dream.

Gay Ork Wang
08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Trade Him To Chicago!

tjsunstein
08-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow, he will be out of the leauge in 2 years max, TO and Chad never pulled that ****.
No he won't.

Crickett
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
he needs his attitude adjusted.

If by that, you mean he (Brandon Marshall) needs his attitude adjusted (the John Cena finisher), yes, he does. :D

E-Man
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
What's wrong with this guy? He's got all the talent in the world, and he's blowing it. I understand that he wants a better contract, and I get that he wants more money. Nothing wrong with that, but does he have to pull crap like that at practice? That's very disrespectful to his teammates. There are guys fighting for a roster spot that are working their ass off, and here we have a guy acting like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. This guy needs to get it together.

critesy
08-28-2009, 01:36 PM
thats actually amazing. so funny.

PACKmanN
08-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Most people think Cutler is a little whining baby, which he is, but he didn't act this bad.

The reason he didnt act this bad was because there wasnt TC at the time when Cutler was ********. I bet if Cutler was demanding a trade at this point, the same stunts would be pulled.

BTW, the only reason Marshall is showing up to TC is because he doesn't want to be fined, he doesnt have a choice. He isnt making much, if he would be fined, so it's awkward for him.

trkaline
08-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Wha exactly did he do? I can't get flash on my phone and haven't had a chance to watch ESPN since Wednesday.

Diehard
08-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Wha exactly did he do? I can't get flash on my phone and haven't had a chance to watch ESPN since Wednesday.

The clips they had on TV showed him dogging it, intentionally knocking down a pass instead of catching it, kicking the ball away instead of handing it to the ball boy... in general, just being an asshole. Of course, the Broncos had their own film of the practice which I'm sure showed them plenty more of BM's antics.

According to McD's news conference, Marshall was warned prior to that practice that he needed to stop goofing around and start working. This was his response. What a class act.

YAYareaRB
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I love his attitude. I'm surprised none of the lineman have readjusted his attitude yet.

Borat
08-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Doesn't Marshall have a history of domestic abuse against women as well? I thought I remember seeing some story about multiple women trying to bring charges against him. He just seems like a real problem. I can't imagine any team giving up anything resembling a good draft pick for him.

What a clown.

PACKmanN
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
You guys need to step back and look at things the way he does; he lost his starting qb, because the coach wanted to show he has all the power from day 1, and is the top asset, maybe behind Clady, on that offense is isn't even being paid like one. Sure he has had problems in the past, but those things are irrelevant to this.

I havent looked at the numbers, but I'm pretty sure he isn't even in the top 5 of contracts on that offense. A rookie runningback is making more then him...

Shahin
08-28-2009, 02:47 PM

really doubt that.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Man I love all the hate on him. Bring him to Baltimore ANY DAY!!!! I hope he gets traded so he can prove to everyone that he is just acting like this to get out. Yea he had some off the field problems but maybe if he goes to an organization that isn't falling apart he can change. I don't see him bringing any of this to the Ravens. I was just watching the Scott and Anita show and they were saying that Marshall said he wanted to come to Baltimore. A good contract and the right team and none of these problems happen. Marshall could definitely handle this better but he is doing what he has to do get out. Hopefully he is traded to the Ravens with in the next 2 weeks. People are so quick to judge people but if you are unhappy you are unhappy. If you don't want to be with your wife anymore then you get a divorce. The Broncos just need to cut their losses and get what they can before he isn''t worth ****. Eventually his value is going to go so low that when he does go somewhere it is going to be a steal because he is so talented. I don't know how much truth to what they said on the Scott and Anita show but if the Ravens are the team he wants to go to I say pull the trigger. We went to the AFC championship game with the receivers we have now and lost because we couldn't get open. IMO Marshall makes us huge contenders for the Superbowl.

Splat
08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I love the whole our team can turn X player around or our team can keep X player under control that stuff never gets old its like fans always think their team has a magic wand.

Its always like ya he did this and ya he did that but if he is on our team he will stop I just know it he just needs a fresh start...

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-28-2009, 03:21 PM
You do take the risk of him messing up again if you trade for him but I like I said IMO the reward will out weigh the risk

PACKmanN
08-28-2009, 03:35 PM
and you/he need to step back and look at it the way everyone else on earth does. he's an immature prima donna who can't go a single offseason without having major issues. or he could look at, say, anquan boldin, who's actually going to go EARN the contract he wants with another team.

i didn't realize that all of his offseason issues were because he wanted out of denver as soon as he was drafted. dude must have been planning this for a while. or else your oversimplifying everything/trying to explain away the unexplainable because you want the guy in baltimore. i can't imagine which is true. :rolleyes:

bowlen should let xanders and mcdaniels know that marshall is not to be traded and that he's further no longer allowed in dove valley. let him spend this year and next year not playing. if he's willing to be this immature, i'd certainly be willing to go bigger.

Is this the same Boldin that seems to want a new contract every other year? (Im not downplaying him; he is a beast for what he did this year.)

DoughBoy
08-28-2009, 03:55 PM
really doubt that.

Think about it, he will get traded to a team and have one more leg to stand on (just like pacman) and he is going to **** it up (just like pacman). 2 years maybe a little short but I doubt he ends his career on his own terms. 1 more screw up off the field and I can see him gone for a whole year atleast.

CC.SD
08-28-2009, 04:01 PM
What a goddam clown. I know there are still McDaniels' defenders out there but seriously the guy can't get a handle on anything that's come his way so far.

DoughBoy
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
I thought he did a pretty good job suspending him. What else are you going to do let him come to practice each day and make life harder on everyone else?

CC.SD
08-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I thought he did a pretty good job suspending him. What else are you going to do let him come to practice each day and make life harder on everyone else?

It's already a joke, this suspension is late if anything. Require him to read the playbook. Or...talk to him and try to be a player's coach instead of Belichick lite? I don't know, I guess you can't really blame McDaniels but Bronco nation needs him to get a win badly and literally everything so far has turned out snake eyes.

vidae
08-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Man I love all the hate on him. Bring him to Baltimore ANY DAY!!!! I hope he gets traded so he can prove to everyone that he is just acting like this to get out.

I laughed pretty hard at this. You're failing to see the big picture here. If he's doing this in Denver, what is to stop him doing it in Baltimore? Or Kansas City? Or New York? You say BRING HIM HERE ANY DAY LOL! like he's the answer to your prayers but with the way he is acting, he'd be MORE trouble than he's worth, not less.

And everyone knows he is acting like this "to get out" of Denver, it isn't like it's a secret, but you honestly need to stop and ask yourself if you want this kind of distraction in your locker room, in your team, in your city. I'm willing to bet that no team wants someone of his.. "character" around their team.

No matter how people view McDaniels and the way he is running his team, this is the equivalent of "I'm taking my ball and going home!!!" and for a grown man to do it is pretty pathetic. If I were a Denver fan right about now I'd be sick of his crap and wouldn't want him here anyway.

aNYtitan
08-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Just trade him so the Broncos could have the worse talent in the NFL next year

Splat
08-28-2009, 09:07 PM
With the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select...

senormysterioso
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
With the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select...

Whoever the Seahawks want...because they traded that pick for some midget cornerback from Wake Forest or something that I can't remember

Splat
08-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Even better.

MidwayMonster31
08-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Marshall has done everything to try and get out of Denver. Who knows? Maybe they'll deactivate him during the season. This one is different than Cutler. McDaniels is trying to run a football team and he can't have his players doing that, no matter how talented they are. This is just the distraction we need when Cutler goes back to Denver.

AJHawk50
08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I can't believe that he acted like that, I never expected someone to be like that...lol.

Paul
08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Extremely unprofessional and childish, but god help me I laughed when he punted it away from the ball boy.

aNYtitan
08-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Whoever the Seahawks want...because they traded that pick for some midget cornerback from Wake Forest or something that I can't remember

Wow that is pretty unbelievable. The Seahawks have to be looking at this Marshall situation and are just giddy

bantx
08-28-2009, 09:48 PM
i laughed out loud

Xenos
08-28-2009, 09:55 PM
What a goddam clown. I know there are still McDaniels' defenders out there but seriously the guy can't get a handle on anything that's come his way so far.

This actually has nothing to do with McDaniels or Cutler. Marshall is just upset he's not getting a new contract as well as upset with the organization for misdiagnosing his hip injury last year (when Shanahan was coach). Plus, when you're Baby TO, not even Parcells can get a handle on you.

The Unseen
08-28-2009, 11:24 PM
That's actually brilliant. There's no obligation to work for a team you don't want to be with. Think of it as a selective strike.

aNYtitan
08-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Unfortunately that might have been acting too much like a spoiled child, cause you might have scared a couple of teams that might have had interest with those actions. Its basically showing if things go bad, I'll make sure that I come out on top. And given that he wants to get traded, and is walking a thin line with the NFL disciplinary office, I don't see why he should be acting up

vidae
08-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Imagine being a player on the team he's traded to. How could you be confident in him as a teammate? If things don't go his way he'll just quit on you and the organization. I bet whatever team ends up with him will be THRILLED at the prospect.

Splat
08-29-2009, 10:21 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BkIh1R5utY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BkIh1R5utY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

badgerbacker
08-29-2009, 10:46 AM
How much longer do the Broncos have him under contract? I really hope they keep him and just refuse to allow him to play. This type of crap that he pulled just disgusts me. Keep suspending him as much as possible. He signed the contract agreeing to how much he would be paid. If he thought he was worth more or wanted a chance for a new deal earlier he shouldn't have signed.

Splat
08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Teammate on Marshall: "Something had to be done" (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/29/teammate-on-marshall-something-had-to-be-done/)

"Something had to be done," Broncos center Casey Wiegmann told the Denver Post. "He hasn't really been a distraction because he hasn't been on the field that much. But we want to win here. We want guys who are going to work."

"We all respect what Brandon can do on a football field. We definitely want him with us. But for us guys on the offensive line, we go in there and battle every single play. We want guys who will go to battle with us," Wiegmann concluded.

the decider13
08-29-2009, 11:32 AM
*Sigh* Marshall is turning in to such a massive D bag. I like him on the field, but if he is going to act like that, then the team should definately do something. Hopefully he gets his stuff in order in time for the regular season. But I really doubt it.

aNYtitan
08-29-2009, 11:40 AM
How much longer do the Broncos have him under contract? I really hope they keep him and just refuse to allow him to play. This type of crap that he pulled just disgusts me. Keep suspending him as much as possible. He signed the contract agreeing to how much he would be paid. If he thought he was worth more or wanted a chance for a new deal earlier he shouldn't have signed.

You wouldn't sign your rookie contract? That is the reason that he is complaining about his "low" pay. He is making 2.2 million this season, because he had to under the rookie salary structure. He couldn't control his first contract, but he could control his second one, and he is trying to do so in whichever way possible.

Diehard
08-29-2009, 01:10 PM
"We all respect what Brandon can do on a football field. We definitely want him with us. But for us guys on the offensive line, we go in there and battle every single play. We want guys who will go to battle with us," Wiegmann concluded.

Hell yeah. That bit of warrior spirit just put a No. 62 jersey at the top of my wish list...

sweetness34
08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Marshall has a method to his madness, although that method is ******* stupid. He's doing everything in his power to get out of Denver, but in reality what he is doing displays stupidity. There are ways to get what you want, this is not one of them. I actually think he's dug himself a deeper hole than if he would have gone to camp, worked his butt off, and attempted to show commitment, even though he didn't want to be there. There's a thing called professionalism in sports and Brandon is not displaying anything close to what can be considered acceptable behavior. Kicking balls, batting down passes, not doing any warm up drills, it's embarrassing.

Bowlen would be more inclined to deal him had he committed to the team and showed that despite his desire to play elsewhere, he was willing to sacrifice for the team. I understand his position of wanting a larger contract/requesting a trade if they would not re-negotiate but when will players learn that this is not the way to do so? How about going into Bowlen's office, sitting down and having a civil conversation with him about what Marshall wants? He's a heckuva player and I realize that the only reason he is doing this crap is because he wants out but the display he's put on makes me sick. I think Denver should sit his ass for the entire year and not let him go anywhere, see how that makes him feel.

I honestly have never seen a professional athlete go to those lengths to try and get what he wants. Sure TO and some others have resolved to things that put their teams in bad positions but what Marshall is doing shows me two things; he's very immature and while talented I want him nowhere near my team. If he's going to go to these lengths to get what he wants, who's to say that he won't do it again on another team if the situation arises?

Saints-Tigers
08-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I love how everyone always sides with the organizations in these situations. He's being an idiot about it too, but damn.

The Broncos are telling him they don't want to pay him, but they also aren't going to trade him.

What happens if Marshall comes into camp working hard, showing his commitment, and doing all the right things, and gets a career ending injury. Are the Broncos going to reward him for showing commitment? Hell no.

Get your money, the teams will screw you out of it every chance they get.

awfullyquiet
08-29-2009, 07:14 PM

i don't do it often...

but this...

i applaud marshall for doing this, even though, i don't think his intentions are as good as mine would be in this situation... seriously though, he gets jerked around... not like cutler, but, jerking cutler around jerks around everyone on the offense...

there's no reason he shouldn't be mad. and he wants to get paid... cue boldin.

Saints-Tigers
08-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Boldin is a great example, how long has he been asking for an extension now? Goes out, plays his heart out every down, gets his face destroyed, comes back like the next week and continues to play.

How has that commitment worked out for him?

awfullyquiet
08-29-2009, 08:09 PM
*shrug* then demand a one year deal so you can get paid the next year if you perform well. i have no sympathy for players whining like small children when they had every chance to make a better deal for themselves in the first place.

that's essentially the best way.

PACKmanN
08-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Boldin is a great example, how long has he been asking for an extension now? Goes out, plays his heart out every down, gets his face destroyed, comes back like the next week and continues to play.

How has that commitment worked out for him?

Why is everyone talking about Boldin as if he is some good example to what a player should do? This is the same guy who has wanted a new contract how many times now...

Borat
08-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Njx is right. If Marshall wanted the big money second deal so quickly, he should have bargained for a shorter contract. Instead, he took the longer deal which included the security of more years and more money. Tough break, pal. You don't get it both ways.

And I don't know that any contractual circumstance exists where acting the way he did on that video is even mildly appropriate.

Diehard
08-29-2009, 11:07 PM
there's no reason he shouldn't be mad. and he wants to get paid... cue boldin.

Not the same. Marshall is a walking disaster off the field. Boldin is not. Boldin *should* be paid, Marshall needs to show he can keep his sh*t together before anyone gives him a big payday.

No_
08-31-2009, 12:45 AM
That video is gold.

I'm definitely in the "Marshall just needs a new environment" camp. To borrow Mike Lombardi's description, he's obviously a blue-chipper. His antics don't affect his on-the-field performance.

vidae
08-31-2009, 01:10 AM
That video is gold.

I'm definitely in the "Marshall just needs a new environment" camp. To borrow Mike Lombardi's description, he's obviously a blue-chipper. His antics don't affect his on-the-field performance.

They sure will if he's suspended and not playing.

No_
08-31-2009, 01:17 AM
They sure will if he's suspended and not playing.

fair point, but i mean more in the way that he's never had a serious case of the dropsies like a lot of diva receivers

Xenos
08-31-2009, 01:26 AM
I love how everyone always sides with the organizations in these situations. He's being an idiot about it too, but damn.

The Broncos are telling him they don't want to pay him, but they also aren't going to trade him.

What happens if Marshall comes into camp working hard, showing his commitment, and doing all the right things, and gets a career ending injury. Are the Broncos going to reward him for showing commitment? Hell no.

Perhaps the reason they don't want to trade him because of behavior such as this. I mean the guy hasn't shown any reason why he should be paid the big money. Sure he's very good on the field, but he has problems off the field that keeps them from committing to him long term. How many incidents with the law has he gone through each off season? And how many more times before he ends up like Pacman on the Commissoner's hate list?

Look at Casey Weigman, the center for Denver. He had issues with his contract, but he went about it the right way and was rewarded for it. Marshall, on the other hand, just hasn't show himself to be a very dependable person.

Thumper
09-07-2009, 01:19 AM
His type of practice may just be getting him a first class seat to New York. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/kerry-rhodes-hints-at-a-big-announcement/)

Enter Jets safety Kerry Rhodes, who has tantalized Jets fans by tweeting Sunday night that they should expect "a big announcement."

Just before that, Rhodes tweeted at a Jets fan speculating on a possible trade for Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall "u may be right!!! (hint hint)."

After creating a mini-firestorm with his comments among Jets fans, Rhodes added this message: "Sorry 4 the hold up fans but this stuff sometime takes time but just stay tuned u will find out soon. Not trying to hold u guys in limbo!"

The Broncos have said that they won't be trading Marshall (just like they said they wouldn't be trading Jay Cutler), but a report last week that the Broncos negotiated with the Jets about such a deal -- and asked for Jets linebacker David Harris as compensation -- has caused some to believe a deal might still happen. Sunday's trade for quarterback Kevin O'Connell has renewed speculation that a trade for Marshall will occur, with O'Connell being shipped to the quarterback-needy Broncos.

trkaline
09-07-2009, 03:33 AM
His type of practice may just be getting him a first class seat to New York. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/kerry-rhodes-hints-at-a-big-announcement/)

Wow that's some crazy ****.

CC.SD
09-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Wowie Zaui, Kerry definitely knows something we don't.

Who will flee Denver next...come on Clady!

vikes_28
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
It's a good way to get what he wants. But I don't believe that it's anything close to what TO did.

Gay Ork Wang
09-07-2009, 05:26 PM
i'm disgusted if we're actually entertaining trading him.

i'll be more disgusted if there's nothing to this and rhodes is just trying to out-do ochocinco on the twitter idiocy.
so u rather have him traded?

Saints-Tigers
09-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Perhaps the reason they don't want to trade him because of behavior such as this. I mean the guy hasn't shown any reason why he should be paid the big money. Sure he's very good on the field, but he has problems off the field that keeps them from committing to him long term. How many incidents with the law has he gone through each off season? And how many more times before he ends up like Pacman on the Commissoner's hate list?

Look at Casey Weigman, the center for Denver. He had issues with his contract, but he went about it the right way and was rewarded for it. Marshall, on the other hand, just hasn't show himself to be a very dependable person.

The Broncos don't have to put up with it or pay him long term, or even reward him. Cut him loose or trade him. God knows they would if he couldn't play anymore, that contract would be terminated before Marshall could get on the phone with them.

I just don't get why people side with the organizations all the time, if Marshall becomes a useless asset, are they honoring the remainder of his contract? Hell no.

RaiderNation
09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I hope its true that a deal is close with the NYJ. 1 it would get Marshall out of the AFC West 2 Im tired about all this prima donna attitude 3 Gives Mark Sanchez a good target

Borat
09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope its true that a deal is close with the NYJ. 1 it would get Marshall out of the AFC West 2 Im tired about all this pre madonna attitude 3 Gives Mark Sanchez a good target

"pre madonna"? :)

Is that like the time prior to the arrival of the material girl?

Rosebud
09-07-2009, 06:35 PM

That's a time when the world didn't exist and humanity was simply a band of desperate fools running from the machines they themselves created.

RaiderNation
09-07-2009, 06:44 PM

:D

Prima donna*******************************

Ya I never knew it wasnt what I said. Thanks for teaching me something new

Denver Bronco56
09-08-2009, 05:31 PM
My take on this as a die hard Broncos fan, is that I LOVED marshall as a player even in his rookie year check out the highlights from the Seahawks game you could tell he was gonna be special.

But then he had some success and he lost his buddy/starting QB and fell out of favor with the fact that he might not put those numbers up again, but on the contrary watching 2007-2008 patriots and a few preseason Broncos games he is almost built for McDaniels offense.

But now the way he is acting is ridculous, and if he doesnt want to be here as i broncos fan i would rather have players that want to go to battle with the team and have "HUNGER" rather than a player that thinks the world owes him somthing