PDA

View Full Version : Ravens vs. Panthers

SeanTaylorRIP
08-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Joe Flacco's the ish man.

Ravens1991
08-29-2009, 08:30 PM
yea from what I heard he is kicking ass I just saw the last drive and I will miss out on some other stuff because I am going to party so everyone post what happens.

DId the kick miss a kick shorter then a extra point? I heard that

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I missed the whole game, but I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing with the stats. Only 1 sack surrendered, which means Oher did a good job against Peppers, Flacco went 23/28 for 247 yards and 1 TD (FANTASTIC) and Rice had a solid game rushing wise and a great job in the pass game. I love how they spread the ball around so much. I see Gano wasn't given any attempts and Hauschka missed 1, so I guess Gano will get the whole game next week and will need an excellent preformance to surpass Steve. Gonna wait till I see the replay until I give more comments.

dcarey20
08-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Flacco was flawless, Ray Rice played well.

Kelley Washington continues to impress and I think he's our #2 WR.

Michael Oher was up and down he did a good job at some points and then had some mental lapses at times. Also got beat bad by Everrette Brown which resulted in a holding call. Had 3 penalties overall I believe.

Ray Lewis was all over the place during his time, Ngata continues to be a beast.

Domonique Foxworth played extremely well, his coverage was outstanding. Jalen Parmele may have seperated himself from Peerman and Lawrence in the 3rd RB battle.

Lardarius Webb did a decent job all night, tackle well. Chris Carr had his best night as a returner IMO.

Ravens1991
08-30-2009, 11:07 AM
where Oher penaltys at RT or LT, I saw a part of the game and he was at RT

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Got a few questions for you guys,

once again, where the hell is Davon Drew? I haven't heard 1 work about him outta training camp and I haven't even seen him on the sidelines.

Also, why wasn't Cedric Peerman playing last night? It looks as if Parmele has him beat out with his performance last night.

- after watching the game, I think Lardarius Webb is going to be a stud in the near future, Heap looked GREAT, hopefully it carries on to the season and Cam Cameron will utilize him a lot more. I loved how Flacco checked down to Rice a lot, its safer and Rice is lighting in a bottle, he could take any on of those short passes into huge gains. I think the Baltimore Ravens offense will be a huge surprise this year.

dcarey20
08-30-2009, 11:59 AM
where Oher penaltys at RT or LT, I saw a part of the game and he was at RT

Both. He started off the game at RT, and had a really costly false start penalty at the half yard line that sent us back 5 and really hurt our chances of getting a score. When Gaither came out he switched over to LT. Everette Brown beat him bad on a rush and he held him so that Flacco didn't get rocked.

As far as Davon Drew, he's been pretty disappointing so far. I guess he just isn't coming along very well because we've barely seen any of him in the preseason. And with tight end not exactly being the strongest spot on the roster, you'd think it wouldn't be too hard for him to get some PT.

Idk about Peerman, but yea I would say barring anything big by him in game 4, Parmele may have locked up that 3rd RB spot. Cedric might be a PS guy.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-30-2009, 02:15 PM
I was very impressed with our 1st team. Mason and Washington were on the same page as Flacco the whole time he was out there. I am calling it now Ngata is going to be in the Pro Bowl this year and people are going to say he is the best DT/DE in the league. Ray Lewis is a robot. We gave up some big plays but our starters won that game 17-3. Flacco had 240+yards and only missed on 5 passes. NO INTERCEPTIONS!!!!!! That is what I like to see.

Ravens1991
08-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I agree Ray Lewis is ageless. And Ngata is a beast.

I am wondering about Drew also, I didnt expect him to get any significant PT in the regular season but I would liked to see him w/ the second and third strings. He is has very big upside but it looks like the worst is happening

EdReedUnstoppable
08-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Flacco and Ray Rice looked amazing, could be a huge year for those 2 fellas.....hopefully!!!

trkaline
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Flacco and Ray Rice looked amazing, could be a huge year for those 2 fellas.....hopefully!!!

If its a huge year for those two fellars, it should translate into a huge year for Baltimore...we already know our defense is gonna be Spec-Tac-You-Lar...

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Parmele, Peerman, or Lawrence, who makes the final cut?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Parmele will win the 3rd spot.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-01-2009, 10:46 AM
yeah, its looking that way, he does look good, but I really wanted Peerman, just because of the speed he brings to this team. I'd love to see him in the 4th quarter, after Rice, McGahee and McClain have worn defense down to just break a HUGE one with that 4.4 speed.

Ravens1991
09-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Parmele is real fast also, I think we have a very balanced offense and we will break the tradition of the Ravens having a good running game but a horrible passing game.

coordinator0
09-01-2009, 11:32 AM
yeah, its looking that way, he does look good, but I really wanted Peerman, just because of the speed he brings to this team. I'd love to see him in the 4th quarter, after Rice, McGahee and McClain have worn defense down to just break a HUGE one with that 4.4 speed.

Yep, run the ball 40 yards down-field only to fumble it... I really don't think it makes much of a difference who gets the 3rd RB spot though.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
true, in other news, the Ravens just cut Cleo Lemon, as well as Drew Willy and Biren Ealy.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-01-2009, 03:55 PM
No!!!!!! No!!!!!!! No!!!!!!! John Beck Must Go!!!!!!!

coordinator0
09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
No!!!!!! No!!!!!!! No!!!!!!! John Beck Must Go!!!!!!!

I really don't like him either, but the third QB seems like a spot that really doesn't matter too much. Man I hope I just didn't curse Flacco and Smith...

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Guess Hauscka has got the job locked up for now, its his to lose. According to the Baltimore sun.

dcarey20
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah even with his short miss against Carolina it would be a huge, huge suprise to see Gano overtake him.