PDA

View Full Version : Your OROY/DROY predictions?

cvv84
08-30-2009, 01:17 PM
OROY: Mark Sanchez

DROY: Brian Orakpo

KCJ58
08-30-2009, 01:32 PM
OROY - Mark Sanchez
DROY - James Laurinaitis

JFLO
08-30-2009, 01:37 PM
OROY-Jeremy Maclin
DROY-Brian Orakpo

General Zod
08-30-2009, 01:42 PM
OROY-Donald Brown
DROY-Aaron Curry

skinzzfan25
08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
OROY-Jeremy Maclin
DROY-Brian Orakpo

wonderbredd24
08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
OROY: Percy Harvin
DROY: Aaron Curry

vidae
08-30-2009, 01:51 PM
OROY: Beanie Wells

DROY: Rey Maualuga

SeanTaylorRIP
08-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Call me a homer but damn Orakpo has been an absolute monster at LB so far. He's going to get around 8 sacks and will get a ton of tackles as well. I am completely shocked with how smooth in coverage and how quick in space he is looking. Every game he looks more comfortable and like a true LB who just happens to have the ability to rush the QB on 3rd down and become unblockable with Haynesworth drawing double teams and Andre Carter blowing past single coverage. People also forget that when Cornelius Griffin is healthy he can penetrate into the backfield at will especially now that he's playing beside Haynesworth and no longer has to deal with double teams.

For my OROY it's clearly going to be Sanchez or Stafford if Staff gets the nod.

derza222
08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
I want to say OROY Sanchez DROY Maualuga but given I root for those teams I'll avoid being a homer and say:

OROY- Percy Harvin
DROY- Brian Orakpo

The Dynasty
08-30-2009, 02:04 PM
OROY - Donald Brown
DROY - Brian Cushing

aNYtitan
08-30-2009, 02:46 PM
OROY - Kenny Britt

but if not my homer pick then Jeremy Maclin

DROY - Brian Cushing

cvv84
08-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Jeremy Maclin is a pu$$y and is not winning anything next season.

OROY: Mark Sanchez
DROY: Tyson Jackson

Steve has heard nothing but great things about Jackson this offseason. Hopefully playing in KC does not crush his chances at winning the award.

3-4 Dlineman get no love though. The last DE to win was Juluis Peppers. Before him it was Javon Kearse. So unless Jackson gets 12+ sacks...

derza222
08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
OROY - Kenny Britt

but if not my homer pick then Jeremy Maclin

DROY - Brian Cushing

I love Kenny Britt, think he's going to be an absolute monster. Would have loved to see him on the Jets but I'm obviously happy with Sanchez right now, particularly given how much we needed a QB.

BufFan71
08-30-2009, 03:00 PM
considering Maybin got a sack in his 1st game.. with about 4 days of practice...
i know i sound like a Homer, but he was living in the backfield last night, AND the LT was getting help the entire time he was in

offense: Mark Sanchez
he looks good

RufusMcDaniel
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Aaron Curry and Chris Wells are my picks.

wicket
08-30-2009, 03:44 PM
im going aaron curry and knowshon

aNYtitan
08-30-2009, 04:33 PM
I love Kenny Britt, think he's going to be an absolute monster. Would have loved to see him on the Jets but I'm obviously happy with Sanchez right now, particularly given how much we needed a QB.

Yeah, I am happy that the Jets got a QB that they can build around, a face to a listless franchise. He has looked pretty damn good in the preseason, making some Madden type throws (bootlegging out and throwing it on your front foot, or getting flushed from the pocket and launching it off the back foot)

TitleTown088
08-30-2009, 05:18 PM
offense- Beanie

defense- Uh tough one. Probably Curry

HM: Tyson Jackson, Brain Orakpo, and of course Clay Matthews

The Legend
08-30-2009, 05:22 PM
OROY: Mark Sanchez: Don't see many people even challenging for it.
DROY: Nick Reed: Kid is going to be something SPECIAL

awfullyquiet
08-30-2009, 05:46 PM
serious. do people really believe that snachez will ride the jets like matt ryan did?

no. a rb will dominate and plow through to the roy.

Cicero
08-30-2009, 05:55 PM
im going aaron curry and knowshon

^^^^ This.

BlindSite
08-30-2009, 06:06 PM
OROY: Usually a running back, in fact almost always a running back. Donald Brown Addai can't stay healthy and I think Brown just might be a better threat both through the air and on the ground. With Wayne and Gonzo there's plenty to keep the the box at 7 and the Colts figure to run a bit more than usual with their left tackle woes.

DROY:James Laurinaitis I don't think the Rams have a chance of being competitive just yet, and I really think their offensive side is going to struggle to be as high octane as the fans want to see. I forsee a lot of long games defensively which means stats a plenty for linebackers.

He'll have the resume for it.

cvv84
08-30-2009, 06:20 PM
serious. do people really believe that snachez will ride the jets like matt ryan did?

no. a rb will dominate and plow through to the roy.

I don't think he will pull a Matt Ryan but he's the only real rookie starter right now at a position of value. 3 of the last 5 OROY winners have been QBs and honestly, I don't see a 1000 yard RB as a rookie out this years class barring injuries.

Brent
08-30-2009, 06:42 PM
who do I think will win? Donald Brown and Orakpo.

who am I rooting for to win? Bernard Scott and Connor Barwin.

the decider13
08-30-2009, 06:45 PM
OROY- Mark Sanchez (award is always slanted towards starting QBs)
DROY-Aaron Curry

2 Live Crew
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
OROY: Sanchez is the obvious one here. I can see it going to one of the rookie RB's though when a starter goes down (Brown/McCoy)

DROY: Orakpo...he's just a man-child. If not him than it usually goes to a LB that racks up a bunch of tackles...Curry or Rey M.

derza222
08-30-2009, 06:58 PM
who do I think will win? Donald Brown and Orakpo.

who am I rooting for to win? Bernard Scott and Connor Barwin.

Bernard Scott winning OROY would be an epic win.

tjsunstein
08-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Offense : Beanie Wells
Defense : Brian Orakpo

DeepThreat
08-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Most likely Knowshon and Orakpo, but hopefully Massaquoi and Veikune.

FUNBUNCHER
08-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Stafford will put up much better numbers than Sanchez this year, IMO.

Rak is positioned to put up some nice stats playing behing Bad Al in DC.

Watch for Percy Harvin, Aaron Curry, Aaron Maybin, BJ Raji, and Massaquoi to rock and roll this year.

themaninblack
08-30-2009, 08:40 PM

If he was given ample carries I think he could be in the running for it but sharing time with Ceddie probably isn't going to help his chances.

OROY- Knowshon Moreno
DROY- Rey Maualuga(homer pick)/Patrick Chung

I really like Chung and I feel like he could make a huge impact with that team if he's the starter. Does it look like he's going to start for the Pats?

Fitzgerald and Zimmer seem to think Rey will start right away(thank god) and they seem very enamored with him. I can't wait to see it.

brat316
08-30-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm go bold here...Shonn Greene and Brian Orakpo.

Brent
08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
True but I just like the guy a lot. I think he is really underrated, especially outside this board.

FUNBUNCHER
08-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Dang, I forgot all about Shonn Greene!!

He's my fave RB in this draft!! Has anybody heard about what he's doing in pre??
If Houston makes the playoffs, Greene IMO will need to have a Jamal Lewis rookie type season.

cvv84
08-30-2009, 08:59 PM

He's my fave RB in this draft!! Has anybody heard about what he's doing in pre??
If Houston makes the playoffs, Greene IMO will need to have a Jamal Lewis rookie type season.

You mean the Jets? I've heard nothing but good things about him, but he'll still have to compete with Leon Washington for carries.

Nalej
08-30-2009, 09:12 PM
OROY- Knowshon Moreno
DROY- Rey Maualuga(homer pick)/Patrick Chung

I really like Chung and I feel like he could make a huge impact with that team if he's the starter. Does it look like he's going to start for the Pats?

Patrick Chung isn't going to start but he'll get a lot of playing time.
James Sanders will start over him at first BUT I don't know for how long
Chung'll get a lot of time in the "rover" spot playing close to the line
I expect him to be the start by season's end along with Meriweather

DiG
08-30-2009, 09:20 PM
My prediction:
Offense - Lesean McCoy
Defense - Brian Orakpo

Rooting for:
Offense - James Davis
Defense - Brian Orakpo

derza222
08-30-2009, 09:42 PM
True but I just like the guy a lot. I think he is really underrated, especially outside this board.

Oh I meant it in a positive way. It'd be a pretty awesome story with him taking advantage of his opportunity. Benson would probably need to get hurt but I think it would be a really cool story if he managed to put up the numbers to do it, and he's absolutely talented enough to do it. If Benson doesn't really have a good start to the year he may get phased out to get Scott more touches, apparently he's killing in camp.

He's really impressed when he has had opportunities but ended up getting banged up a little, first with his ankle and then his ribs in the Ravens game. Ryan's holding him out for the rest of the preseason. Honestly think that at this point he's in line to get more carries than Jones if he's good enough in pass pro and TJ falters early he may get more carries than him, though LW should hopefully get the lions share of touches if he stays healthy.

FloridaSkinzFan
08-30-2009, 09:47 PM
OROY - Mark Sanchez

DROY - Brian Orakpo

Hurricanes25
08-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Offense- James Davis
Defense- Brian Orakpo

I think James Davis will be taking more carries away from Jamal lewis every week and by the end of the season he will take the majority of the carries imo. He has impressed me a lot so far this pre season.

Orakpo looks like a pro bowl linebacker to me already so this is a no brainer imo.

themaninblack
08-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Offense- James Davis
Defense- Brian Orakpo

I think James Davis will be taking more carries away from Jamal lewis every week and by the end of the season he will take the majority of the carries imo. He has impressed me a lot so far this pre season.

Orakpo looks like a pro bowl linebacker to me already so this is a no brainer imo.

Damnit I forgot you guys got James Davis. I always really liked him and I would not be surprised if he has a very successful NFL career.

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2009, 07:16 AM
You mean the Jets? I've heard nothing but good things about him, but he'll still have to compete with Leon Washington for carries.

Ooops!!

My bad...
iF the Jets can get Shonn healthy, that's a very nice stable of RBs and exactly what Sanchez needs to boost his his rookie year.

EDIT: Put Houston DE Conner Barwin on that short list for DROTY.

The kid is living up to his freak status during pre-draft testing,( 43 inch vert, 23 reps in the bench, 4.47 40 yd dash), and he's looked dominant at times in pre.
IMHO, he's gonna be the league's caucasion Shawne Merriman!!

A LOT of GMs are gonna have to answer why they didn't take this guy in the 1st round once the season is over!!

awfullyquiet
08-31-2009, 11:34 AM
if the lions get 6 wins, and stafford doesn't look like a ******, he could win... i just don't see the jets being THAT superior to create a condusive ROY year...

tjsunstein
08-31-2009, 11:43 AM
IMHO, he's gonna be the league's caucasion Shawne Merriman!!

Damnit, he did steroids too?

cdub11
08-31-2009, 11:46 AM
OROY: Beanie Wells

DROY: Brian Orakpo

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Damnit, he did steroids too?

LOL!!!!

Nah, I just think Barwin was born with that Tarzan gene.
Some dudes got it like that.

AntoinCD
08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
OROY-Julian Edelman
DROY-Darius Butler

But if by some horrible twist of fate these two players don't win it I would say

OROY-Percy Harvin
DROY-James Laurinaitis

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
OROY-
Beanie Wells
Mark Sanchez - this guy is getting way too much media hype and just because of that he has a chance.
Percy Harvin
James Davis - I've heard a lot of good things about this guy, could be this years Steve Slaton.

DROY -
Brian Orakpo - He's looked great in preseason and TC.
James Laurinaitis - I think Steve Spagnuolo(sp) will work wonders with this guy.
Aaron Curry

Splat
08-31-2009, 12:23 PM
A RB and a LB. :)

yourfavestoner
08-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Knowshon and Curry.

bigbluedefense
08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Im gonna go with Mark Sanchez and Brian Orakpo.

yourfavestoner
08-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Im gonna go with Mark Sanchez and Brian Orakpo.

Sanchez? Really? I'm disappointed in you.

jsa230
08-31-2009, 01:44 PM
who i want to see win

droy
afc-maualuga nfc m jenkins
oroy
afc-d brown nfc l mccoy

bigbluedefense
08-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Sanchez? Really? I'm disappointed in you.

its not up to us. its up to the media, and theyre going to be all over his nuts even though a lot of it won't be validated.

as long as he wins 9 games, he'll win the award.

d34ng3l021
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
ORotY
1. Knowshon Moreno - good RB, good OL, bad QB means he will get a lot of touches.
2. Chris Wells - a great runner in college. i like his vision and toughness and the cardinals will too.
3. Mark Sanchez - maybe a sub par year from rookie RBs will push Sanchez into ORotY contention, but I don't see him having a Flacco or Ryan-like year.

DRotY
1. Aaron Curry - he will become one of the best LBs in the game as soon as he polishes up in the pro game. there is a ton of crazy athleticism bottled up in that rookie right now.
2. Brian Orakpo - i was pretty shocked at how low he dropped during the draft; i thought he was a shoe in for the top 10 because of his pass rushing skills. i am still unsure about playing him at LB, but he seems to be a decent job wit the switch.
3. James Laurinaitis - he is always near the ball and should rack up some decent stats (insane assist tackle numbers probably though) that could vault him into the discussion.

yourfavestoner
11-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Will all the Percy Harvin haters please eat crow?

ROTY baby. ROTY.

Gay Ork Wang
11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
johnny Knox go!

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Harvin has just been unreal this year. He's looking like a vet out there. So many big plays.

vikes_28
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Harvin has just been unreal this year. He's looking like a vet out there. So many big plays.

I agree with this. He has done so much for our team. Our special teams has improved by a lot. And he makes plays when he needs to most. I think Harvin is seriously underestimated here.

Shiver
11-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Harvin should win it on offense and Byrd on defense. I love what Brian Cushing has done for that Texans defense though.

stephenson86
11-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Percy Harvin and Jarius Byrd

GhostDeini
11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Brian Cushing has DROY in a headlock, OROY Harvin.

yourfavestoner
11-03-2009, 02:26 PM

That was one of the biggest positives about him that got overlooked by a lot of people. He has the ability to process a lot of information and assimilate himself into an offense with very little practice reps. It's a big reason of why they moved him all over the field at UF (X, Z, Slot, RB), but people kept pointing this out as a negative.

abaddon41_80
11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Don't count Crabtree out yet.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Jairus Byrd deserves to get some serious consideration for DROY.

soybean
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I think the Bills' W-L will keep Jarius Byrd from getting the award.

wicket
11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Harvin should win it on offense and Byrd on defense. I love what Brian Cushing has done for that Texans defense though.

exactly my sentiment

Babylon
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Will all the Percy Harvin haters please eat crow?

ROTY baby. ROTY.

I'll eat steak because i had Harvin going early in the draft (New England actually)

Byrd seems a lock for the defense but Cushing, Curry and Matthews are starting and may be team's best backers.

BufFan71
11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Brian Cushing has DROY in a headlock, OROY Harvin.

Jairus Byrd disagrees with you

Paranoidmoonduck
11-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I think the Bills' W-L will keep Jarius Byrd from getting the award.

Since when does wins and losses affect the ROY awards? Willis won in 2006 when the Niners won 5 games and Ryan won the year before when the Texans only managed 6 wins.

scottyboy
11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
homer alert: I wouldn't overlook Nicks if he finishes strong, he's been pretty damn good thus far.

But I'll probably go with Harvin and Byrd

LizardState
11-03-2009, 06:01 PM
And they all laughed at me when I said Orakpo was the only Can't Miss defensive player in the last draft...... :rolleyes:

It's either him, Cushing, or Jarius Byrd.

Offensively, Sanchez will win, but Percy Harvin is more deserving at the midseason point. Honorable mentions for Mario Manningham & Johnny Knox

bored of education
11-03-2009, 06:03 PM
J Byrd is awesome.

gsorace
11-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Honorable mentions for Mario Manningham

I don't think he's a rookie.

brat316
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
And they all laughed at me when I said Orakpo was the only Can't Miss defensive player in the last draft...... :rolleyes:

It's either him, Cushing, or Jarius Byrd.

Offensively, Sanchez will win, but Percy Harvin is more deserving at the midseason point. Honorable mentions for Mario Manningham & Johnny Knox

How can Manningham get a mention? He isn't eligible for this discussion?

tjsunstein
11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
I don't think he's a rookie.

I know for a fact he isn't.

Offensive:
Mark Sanchez - The NFL loves QBs for this award.
Percy Harvin - The deserving player.

Defensive:
Brian Cushing - The NFL loves LBs for this award.
Jairus Byrd - The deserving player.

No one else really comes to mind.

Hines
11-03-2009, 09:23 PM
I think Harvin will win it, but don't overlook Mike Wallace as well. He is playing very well.

Thumper
11-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm tossing Jeremy Maclin into this discussion, 22 receptions, 293 yards and 3 touchdowns. Obviously not as good as Harvin but Maclin gets better by the week and his name deserves a mention at least.

P-L
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Mark Sanchez.

How has Jairus Byrd looked in coverage overall this year? I've only seen parts of two Bills games. I know he is racking up interceptions, but is he playing well overall?

It's hard to see Brian Cushing not winning the award. He's been one of the top three best linebackers in the NFL this year.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Hakeems Nicks and Mike Wallace have the same amount of catches and yards but Nicks has 2 more TD's. Nicks has 8 less catches than Harvin but his averages are all higher since he missed a game. Nicks still has a very good chance to become the leader in the clubhouse.

SuperMcGee
11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Harvin also has the return game going for him.
Not strictly offensive but undoubtedly in everyone's mind.

soybean
11-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Since when does wins and losses affect the ROY awards? Willis won in 2006 when the Niners won 5 games and Ryan won the year before when the Texans only managed 6 wins.

yeah because both were undoubtedly the best defensive rookie their respective years.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-04-2009, 01:56 AM
yeah because both were undoubtedly the best defensive rookie their respective years.

Yeah, and Byrd already has more interceptions in 8 weeks than any rookie has mustered over the course of a full season since 2001.

soybean
11-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Yeah, and Byrd already has more interceptions in 8 weeks than any rookie has mustered over the course of a full season since 2001.

he gathered all them in such a short time frame, we should hope he keeps it up cause consistency will also play an important role. They probably won't reward it to a first half of the season player. I want to see him win it though.

But at the half way point right now, there's a lot of good rookies playing at a high level, mainly the LBs though.

I hope he wins it though, I'm sick of seeing the award always going to a LB.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Well, sure, if Byrd falls off the map then he won't win, but that's the same for Cushing or any other player (granted, interceptions are a statistic of opportunity much more than tackles are). That said, if he can eek out just 3 more picks, he'll join Anthony Henry as the only other guy to make 10 interceptions as a rookie in the last 20 years. If he manages more, the company he keeps only gets more rarefied (I don't have the figures for 11 interceptions by a rookie, but I know that no rookie has made 12 or more picks in a season since 1964).

Not saying he will or he won't, but what Byrd is doing right now is way more rare and special than what Cushing or Curry are doing.

Iamcanadian
11-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Sanchez will have the NY press helping him and should win in a walk.

Cushing is almost a cinch to win the DROY award.
He had a ten-tackle, one sack, one interception outing against Buffalo this past weekend, and he currently ranks 6th in the entire NFL in total tackles. Not bad for a rookie.

Brent
11-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I hope he wins it though, I'm sick of seeing the award always going to a LB.
Why? If they are earning it, what's the problem?

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Sanchez is no where near a lock to win it. If we just counted the first 3 games then maybe but he is playing terrible right now. He has more INT's than TD's. As the weather changes his numbers might get even worse. I don't even think Sanchez is in the Top 5 right now.

yaga
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Cushing wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week for the 2nd time this year.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5773

P-L
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
ESPN's rookie watch, through week 8.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4618971

D-Unit
11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Special Teams ROY: Dallas Cowboys Kicker, David Buehler (aka Chuck Norris)

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0600/8452/buehler_running_feature.jpg

soybean
11-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Why? If they are earning it, what's the problem?

it's much harder for DBs to put up stats. in fact if they DONT put up stats thats a good sign which is a catch 22 because they go unnoticed. Linebackers are in the perfect position to make tackles and plays.

soybean
11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I was trying to pimp Johnny Knox for the Oroy but if percy keeps up what he's doing, i dont think j-knox can catch him.

wordofi
11-04-2009, 06:57 PM
OROY: Percy Harvin
DROY: Aaron Curry

Same here.

Shiver
11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
There is no way that Aaron Curry gets it over Brian Cushing, just no way.

bored of education
11-04-2009, 09:04 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0600/8452/buehler_running_feature.jpg

Ryan Succop > that dude

BlindSite
11-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Donald Brown is going to have to light a fire under it if my prediction is going to hold any water, as is Laurinitis.

Maclin, is a legit candidate as is Harvin, but I think everyone is ignoring Collie. Sure he's going to be handicapped in the colts offense with Wayne, Gonzo coming back and Clarke, but he's currently leading all rookies in receptions and touchdowns. The colts are one of the few teams that can pass just about all year round (due to their stadium) and I don't forsee a lot of teams having the guys to match up with him well enough as the third receiver. Peyton has been amassing passing yards of late and I think it'll continue.

killxswitch
11-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Agreed on Collie. Harvin is having a great year and may earn OROY, but it wouldn't surprise me if Collie won it. It looks like Gonzales may not return soon or at all, and Pierre Garcon while athletically superior just doesn't run enough routes or adjust to the ball to take the majority of the work from Collie.

CC.SD
11-05-2009, 12:06 PM
DROY is definitely Cushing's to lose. Oh Scott I love you so but took many issues with his negative scouting report on the manbeast that is Cushing.

OROY...well aside from the obvious guys mentioned above, Oher probably deserves a little consideration.

DiG
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
at the halfway point orakpos now got 26 tackles and 5.5 sacks. i expect even better numbers from him in the second half and think he will finish with 60 or so tackles and 11 or 12 sacks.

Vox Populi
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Mark Sanchez.

How has Jairus Byrd looked in coverage overall this year? I've only seen parts of two Bills games. I know he is racking up interceptions, but is he playing well overall?

Lets put it this way... The Texans didn't throw passes further than 10-15 yards down field after Byrd's second interception. We gave Drew Breesus his worst offensive output of the season because they didn't go deep against us after their first drive of the game. Jake Delhomme racked up a tonne of yards but had nothing in the game go deep. Exposed Derek Anderson as a joke in one of his first games starting again, turned Sanchez into a clown.

Byrd is playing the deep zone better than any Safety in the league right now in my opinion. Unfortunately the Bills can't do **** to stop anything in the underneath game though. Byrd isn't a great tackler, but he is playing deep zone coverage amazingly and has basically forced teams into not throwing deep. Not bad for a guy who missed almost all of training camp with an injury. The Bills don't have any very tough games or offenses until weeks 15-17 when they play the Colts, Falcons and Patriots. They play the Titans, Jags, Dolphins, Jets and Chiefs before then. With that remaining schedule, I'll be pretty shocked if Byrd doesn't end up with 10 picks on the year. If he doesn't it will be because teams won't throw deep on the Bills probably.

That BYRD is a HAWK!

Cushing and Byrd are battling it out for DROY honour right now probably. I think Byrd's performances have been more impressive though playing beside George Wilson (converted WR 2 years ago after being a ST ace for most of his career with the Bills) for most of his time starting, with two backup linebackers, a lame pass rush and average corner play on the rest of the defense. He's really stood out.

Oh, yeah, I'm a homer too.

11-09-2009, 06:58 PM

Buehler........

Buehler........

DiG
11-15-2009, 06:27 PM
another 1.5 sacks for rakpooooooooooooooooooooooo

FloridaSkinzFan
11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Brian Orakpo is a beast

Gay Ork Wang
11-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Orakpo is not even in the top3 imo for DRoY

umphrey
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
What does the DROY picture look like? As a Packer fan I'm of course rooting for Clay Matthews. But that Buffalo DB (Byrd?) has some great stats and I haven't watched much from the other rookie LBs. I just know that Clay has some decent stats and has been extremely valuable to us moving into the 3-4. He's solid, assignment sure, and has made a lot of big plays. I know he was a big part of the D that came pretty close to shutting out Dallas today.

Bengalsrocket
11-15-2009, 08:05 PM
With another quiet game (just 3 tackles) I think Mauluga may have taken his name out of the race for good now.

I think Cushing is having the best all around performance for a defensive rookie this year, however Orakpo and Byrd seem to have a stranglehold on sacks and interceptions both leading in each category. Orakpo has 7 sacks, the next highest is a tie with 3 sacks between Victor Butler and Clay Matthews. While Byrd has 8 interceptions, the next highest being Sherrod Martin with 3.

As far as offensive rookies go, I think Sanchez might win it based on publicity, but Harvin could steal it if Sanchez has a late season collapse.

Bengalsrocket
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM
What does the DROY picture look like? As a Packer fan I'm of course rooting for Clay Matthews. But that Buffalo DB (Byrd?) has some great stats and I haven't watched much from the other rookie LBs. I just know that Clay has some decent stats and has been extremely valuable to us moving into the 3-4. He's solid, assignment sure, and has made a lot of big plays. I know he was a big part of the D that came pretty close to shutting out Dallas today.

While good, he's just not in the talk right now.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-15-2009, 08:39 PM
why is everyone saying Mark Sanchez will get OROY? He's been pretty mediocre this year and he really hasn't done anything special compared to Harvin. Hell, I'd rather give it to Donald Brown, Moreno or even Wells over Sanchez, I hate how he is getting all the press when he hasn't done anything special and only has the Jets at 4-5.

As for DPOY it's gatta be either Orakpo, Cushing or Byrd.
Matthews, Lauriniatis, and Curry are all having good years as well.

Go_Eagles77
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Why is Harvin being talked about so much but Jeremy Maclin not at all? I know Harvin has been a beast on special teams but we're talking about offensive rookie of the year, I don't think that includes special teams play.

P-L
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
9 TD and 12 INT for a team below .500 = Rookie of the Year

Beans
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM
josh freeman roty

Go_Eagles77
11-15-2009, 09:36 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/swpr7m.jpg

yo123
11-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Why is Harvin being talked about so much but Jeremy Maclin not at all? I know Harvin has been a beast on special teams but we're talking about offensive rookie of the year, I don't think that includes special teams play.

Why wouldn't it? It's not like there is a Special Teams Rookie of the Year.

Go_Eagles77
11-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Why wouldn't it? It's not like there is a Special Teams Rookie of the Year.
I honestly don't know if it does, I figured since it's called offensive rookie of the year only offense counts. I'm probably wrong though.

tjsunstein
11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I honestly don't know if it does, I figured since it's called offensive rookie of the year only offense counts. I'm probably wrong though.

I think they count Special Teams as some type of offense if you are the recieving team..?

Bengalsrocket
11-15-2009, 10:14 PM
I think they count Special Teams as some type of offense if you are the recieving team..?

Not that this would completely balance it out, but if you got a forced fumble on a kick off coverage and you were a defensive player, it would definitely count. Heck, even tackles on kick off coverage help you for DRoTY.

DiG
11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Orakpo is not even in the top3 imo for DRoY

really? with 7 sacks he is 10th overall in the NFL right now and tied for 5th in the NFC. he's on pace for 12.5 sacks but has been better recently than earlier in the year and could end up being closer to 15 by year end. byrd and cushing are obviously the other two in the argument but i think orakpos presence has surpassed laurinaitis at this point.

bigbluedefense
11-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I might give it to Orakpo. The guy has looked much better than I anticipated at LB, and has done a terrific job as a DE rushing the passer.

Offensive rookie is tough. None of the RBs impress me, Sanchez fell off, its gotta be one of the WRs. Wallace, Harvin, maybe Maclin. We'll see what Nicks does in the 2nd half.

Maybe Michael Oher?

Sebastian Volmer has impressed me a lot.

abaddon41_80
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
As of right now Jarius Byrd has DROTY locked up. OROTY is still wide open, imo.

CC.SD
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
As of right now Jarius Byrd has DROTY locked up. OROTY is still wide open, imo.

I nominate Brandon Jennings.

comahan
11-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Obviously im biased, but Cushing has completely changed the Texans defense. Dude is a monster.

5th in the league in tackles. He has more passes defended than anyone in the top 65 in tackles and easily leads all non-DBs in them. Has 2 INTs, 1.5 Sacks, 2 FF, and a Safety forced.

Splat
11-16-2009, 10:10 AM
My sig FTW.

CC.SD
11-16-2009, 04:25 PM
In light of recent events I would like to change my OROY vote from Brandon Jennings to Vince Young (wins gayyymmez).

Gay Ork Wang
11-16-2009, 04:32 PM
really? with 7 sacks he is 10th overall in the NFL right now and tied for 5th in the NFC. he's on pace for 12.5 sacks but has been better recently than earlier in the year and could end up being closer to 15 by year end. byrd and cushing are obviously the other two in the argument but i think orakpos presence has surpassed laurinaitis at this point.
i wasnt thinking of laurinatis but of Matthews who has been a big force for the Packers

Hines
11-16-2009, 04:36 PM
I might give it to Orakpo. The guy has looked much better than I anticipated at LB, and has done a terrific job as a DE rushing the passer.

Offensive rookie is tough. None of the RBs impress me, Sanchez fell off, its gotta be one of the WRs. Wallace, Harvin, maybe Maclin. We'll see what Nicks does in the 2nd half.

Maybe Michael Oher?

Sebastian Volmer has impressed me a lot.

If Marcus McNiel didn't win it his rookie season as some talked about, I don't think Oher or Volmer will. I think it's going to be Harvin, Maclin, or Wallace.

Mr.Regular
11-16-2009, 04:41 PM
My top offensive rookies are
1)Oher
2)Harvin
3)Vollmer
4)Maclin
5)Wallace

My top defensive rookies are
1)Byrd
2)Orakpo
3)Cushing
4)Matthews
5)Powers

Mr.Regular
11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh PS, Jaguar fans, I hear Derek Cox is having a really good rookie season. I barely see any Jaguars games so I'm interested in hearing how he's doing.

11-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I think OROY is Harvin, he's made a lot of huge game changing plays on one of the league's best teams.

BlindSite
11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I think OROY is Harvin, he's made a lot of huge game changing plays on one of the league's best teams.

Austin Collie has had more impact, if a quieter one, on the AFC's only currently undefeated team.

fenikz
11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I believe Beanie is starting to make a late push for ROY, like DRC last year, he could become starter pretty soon here

umphrey
11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
In light of recent events I would like to change my OROY vote from Brandon Jennings to Vince Young (wins gayyymmez).

Brandon Jennings = ROY and superstar

of the NBA

CC.SD
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Brandon Jennings = ROY and superstar

of the NBA

It's okay I changed my vote to Vince Young.

tjsunstein
11-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Clay Matthews. It's in his genes!

foozball
11-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Michael Oher will win it. It'll be a great story and will sell alot of copies of the Blind Side (the book and the DVD when it comes out)

21ST
11-17-2009, 09:58 AM
I think if Orakpo played DE full time he would be running away with DROY

Splat
11-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Michael Oher will win it.

Should and will are two different things that said I would be more then fine with him getting it.

Ravens1991
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
yes he is very very good at RT, but I admit I wonder if his story will play a role into him winning it. McNeil Clady etc all had fabulous seasons on the line and they didnt win rookie of the year.

redbills
11-17-2009, 10:40 AM
and the think we passed on a DE/OLB with 7.5 sacks for a DE/OLB that get 7.5 snaps per game...ugh.

Go_Eagles77
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
and the think we passed on a DE/OLB with 7.5 sacks for a DE/OLB that get 7.5 snaps per game...ugh.
I'm a Penn State fan and even I thought that was a mistake.

redbills
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm a Penn State fan and even I thought that was a mistake.

I think everyone with a brain thought it was a mistake.

Man, just think about it Byrd at FS and O-Sack-Po at DE.

Ravens1991
11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey the Ravens traded up in the 2nd round for a Krueger, he had a nice pre-season and he has only been dressed once this year. Talk about a bone headed decision, it still doesnt make sense

Gay Ork Wang
11-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey the Ravens traded up in the 2nd round for a Krueger, he had a nice pre-season and he has only been dressed once this year. Talk about a bone headed decision, it still doesnt make sense
give it time. Earl bennett didnt have a single catch last year

The Unseen
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh PS, Jaguar fans, I hear Derek Cox is having a really good rookie season. I barely see any Jaguars games so I'm interested in hearing how he's doing.

Yes, he is. He's made some rookie mistakes but overall he's been a good playmaker.

Brothgar
11-17-2009, 11:54 AM
yes he is very very good at RT, but I admit I wonder if his story will play a role into him winning it. McNeil Clady etc all had fabulous seasons on the line and they didnt win rookie of the year.

No OLman has ever won OROY. I don't think Oher will win one either.

Ravens1991
11-17-2009, 11:59 AM
give it time. Earl bennett didnt have a single catch last year

yea I have faith in kreuger its just odd that the guy isnt even dressing as a 2nd round pick

terribletowel39
11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
yea I have faith in kreuger its just odd that the guy isnt even dressing as a 2nd round pick
He didn't dress last night?? I could have swore I saw him.

Looking at the NFL.com, are Bannan or Johnson who I thought was him. And does Bannan come from the LB position sometimes??

Ravens1991
11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
this is the 1st game he dressed in, mainly because Ngata was hurt.

SuperMcGee
11-17-2009, 05:32 PM

Rak was #2 on the board for me, but I wanted Oher a little more. I was praying for one of those. Praying so hard for it to not be Aaron Maybin.

Pat Sims 90
11-17-2009, 06:44 PM
this is the 1st game he dressed in, mainly because Ngata was hurt.

Atleast he has dressed Andre Smith has yet to even wear a uniform.

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Atleast he has dressed Andre Smith has yet to even wear a uniform.

They're still sewing it.

Ravens1991
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Smith has been hurt right?

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Smith has been hurt right?

Massive hold out through the preseason got him off to a slow start. Then he had an ankle injury which kept him from practicing for like 4 weeks. Finally, we've been so tight on roster space, that we haven't even activated him yet.

I doubt he'll get a chance to play at all this year. He's just missed so much and our line has looked so good that it seems he doesn't fit with the team right now, unless there is an injury, obviously.

Dennis Roland currently has the starting RT spot. And while he's a bit of an unknown, he's been fantastic so far. I almost wish we'd put Smith at LT and kick Whitworth back inside to LG now, but that would probably throw everything way off and I'm not sure Smith could handle LT.

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Massive hold out through the preseason got him off to a slow start. Then he had an ankle injury which kept him from practicing for like 4 weeks. Finally, we've been so tight on roster space, that we haven't even activated him yet.

I doubt he'll get a chance to play at all this year. He's just missed so much and our line has looked so good that it seems he doesn't fit with the team right now, unless there is an injury, obviously.

Dennis Roland currently has the starting RT spot. And while he's a bit of an unknown, he's been fantastic so far. I almost wish we'd put Smith at LT and kick Whitworth back inside to LG now, but that would probably throw everything way off and I'm not sure Smith could handle LT.

6th overall pick at OT was drafted to play LT eventually for sure.

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 09:51 PM

We'll see. As much as we all think 6th overall is a stretch for RT, Mike Brown drafted Willie Anderson to play RT with the 10th overall pick.

Currently Andrew Whitworth is our starting LT, and he's really good. He can play guard as well though, so I guess it's possible they move him back there when Andre is ready to step up.

All the talk by Marvin so far has been about Smith being a RT, and he's never stipulated it by saying "eventually the franchise LT".

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 10:00 PM
We'll see. As much as we all think 6th overall is a stretch for RT, Mike Brown drafted Willie Anderson to play RT with the 10th overall pick.

Currently Andrew Whitworth is our starting LT, and he's really good. He can play guard as well though, so I guess it's possible they move him back there when Andre is ready to step up.

All the talk by Marvin so far has been about Smith being a RT, and he's never stipulated it by saying "eventually the franchise LT".

Ultimately if the guy makes an impact on the running game and is good in pass pro, can't ask for much more. But value wise LT has got to be the goal. I'm a believer in Andre Smith, i think he'll get there.

11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't think it's necessarily important for him to play LT in order to live up to his status. Most of the best teams in the league are capable of bringing pressure from both sides, especially with the popularity of the 3-4. Look at Pittsburgh, with Harrison and Woodley, Indy, with Mathis and Freeney(not 3-4), Baltimore really just brings it from everywhere, the Chargers a few years back with the Shau(w)n(e)s. It is though, necessary for him to be able to play left tackle, and basically be a left tackle playing the right side if they already have a left tackle.

P-L
11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
I know it's tough to use the #6 on a right tackle, but if he becomes a dominant pro bowler on the right side, the it was well worth it.

CC.SD
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM
It is though, necessary for him to be able to play left tackle, and basically be a left tackle playing the right side if they already have a left tackle.

Lol I know what you mean but this sentence is ridiculous.

11-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Lol I know what you mean but this sentence is ridiculous.

I really should stop huffing crazy glue.

P-L
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Mark Sanchez, seriously.

(Ignore the sig)

MetSox17
11-22-2009, 07:12 PM

Levi Brown?

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
11-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Percy + Cush

bored of education
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Ryan Succop STROY!

Hurricanes25
11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I could tell you who won't be winning rookie of the year.

http://3putt.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mark-sanchez_new.jpg

vikes_28
11-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Percy Harvin is most def. in the running. The guy has added so much to our team. Our return game looks a lot better because of Percy. And what he does for YAC is amazing.

stephenson86
11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I think for me it has to be Harvin and Byrd

Jughead10
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I think for me it has to be Harvin and Byrd

Definitely Harvin right now on offense. The only other player you could really consider is Hakeem Nicks I think. With his playing time continuing to expand, maybe he can give Harvin a run for his money.

Sniper
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Definitely Harvin right now on offense. The only other player you could really consider is Hakeem Nicks I think. With his playing time continuing to expand, maybe he can give Harvin a run for his money.

Jeremy Maclin?

CC.SD
11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Jeremy Maclin?

Ultimately a little late to the game to gather up the media support necessary to win the award. It will be Harvin I think.

Jughead10
11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Jeremy Maclin?

Yeah, he's right there too. Forgot about him.

Go_Eagles77
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Jeremy Maclin?
Seriously, Harvin and Maclin have almost identical offensive stats and Maclin doesn't get talked about at all while Harvin gets talked about the most.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&experience=0&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Sniper
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Ultimately a little late to the game to gather up the media support necessary to win the award. It will be Harvin I think.

I meant that Nicks wasn't the only guy who could possibly overtake him. Harvin's the clear favorite.

marshallb
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
For me, it'd be Percy for OROY, but DROY is much tougher, Byrd and Cush both deserve it at this point, and it will depend on who can carry the momentum the longest.

BleedBurgundy96
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Before the season I had Wells and Orakpo. Right now id say Harvin and Byrd. Even though Cushing and Orakpo are also still in the mix for DROY.

A Perfect Score
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Harvin and Oher on offense for me. On defense, it has gotta be Byrd.

RaiderNation
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
O:Harvin

D:Bryd

Thumper
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
OROY: Jeremy Maclin (if Hester didn't have special teams factored in, then neither should Harvin, and Maclin and Harvin are dead even except Maclin has more touchdowns)
DROY: Brian Cushing (Best rookie linebacker and might be a top 10 OLB already, fantastic player all around)

sbh15
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
OROY: Jeremy Maclin (if Hester didn't have special teams factored in, then neither should Harvin, and Maclin and Harvin are dead even except Maclin has more touchdowns)

They have the same amount of TD's, Maclin has 1 more catch, Percy has 40 more yards, and OK, take out returns.

Harvin has 9 plays of 20+, 3 of 40+, and 75% of his catches are first downs.
Maclin has 5 plays of 20+, 2 of 40+, and 65% of his catches are first downs.

Now, bring back the kick returns. Harvin blows Maclin away when you add that.

11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
I think the reason Hester didn't get OROY was because he was PURELY kick returns and everyone knew it. Harvin is making a huge impact in every facet of the game, and people are seeing him on highlight packages. I think they'll factor in his KR abilities because of all the other things he does. To me, he's definitely the best offensive rookie in the NFL.

Also wasn't Hester supposed to be a CB when he was a rookie or something?

Splat
11-23-2009, 04:52 PM

Yes he was...

Jughead10
11-24-2009, 09:12 AM
They have the same amount of TD's, Maclin has 1 more catch, Percy has 40 more yards, and OK, take out returns.

Now look up Nicks as well. He's right there and he basically missed the first three games with injury.

BleedBurgundy96
11-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Quick tidbit about the type of year Jairus Byrd is having. QBs have a 0.0 QB rating throwing against Jarius Byrd this season. Thats impressive.

Saints-Tigers
11-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Screw Harvin and Maclin. Oher is a better player than both.

CC.SD
11-25-2009, 11:07 AM

and much more heartwarming.

Hines
11-25-2009, 12:59 PM

Like I have said before, Oher won't win it because he is an offensive lineman. People thought Marcus McNeil should have won it his rookie season and he didn't. It will be Harvin IMO.

Hines
11-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Mike Wallace as well. 1 yard behind Harvin. One touchdown between the two. Less catches, but is averaging almost 18 ypc.

terribletowel39
11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Mike Wallace as well. 1 yard behind Harvin. One touchdown between the two. Less catches, but is averaging almost 18 ypc.
They also share the longest catch. 51 yards is the longest catch by all 3 of them. Kinda funny.

11-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Yes he was...

Yeah, so he couldn't have gotten OROY because he was supposedly a defensive player. And he couldn't get DROY because he didn't do anything on defense. I think Harvin's return stats will count, just because he returns kicks AND plays offense.

BleedBurgundy96
11-25-2009, 03:12 PM
I think Harvin's return stats will count, just because he returns kicks AND plays offense.

He has been a true playmaker for them both returning kicks and making big plays on offense. He will only get better.

LonghornsLegend
11-26-2009, 02:29 AM
I think the reason Hester didn't get OROY was because he was PURELY kick returns and everyone knew it. Harvin is making a huge impact in every facet of the game, and people are seeing him on highlight packages. I think they'll factor in his KR abilities because of all the other things he does. To me, he's definitely the best offensive rookie in the NFL.

Not only that, but if your looking at the team each of those rookie WR's play on, you probably have to take into account the Vikings are have the best record and alot has to do with Harvin honestly. No he's not the primary reason, but I think it's easy to say his impact is much greater then the one of Maclin or Nicks or even Wallace at this point if your looking at everything other then just receiving stats.

Matthew Jones
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Quick tidbit about the type of year Jairus Byrd is having. QBs have a 0.0 QB rating throwing against Jarius Byrd this season. Thats impressive.

Wow. That's impressive, nice find.

Thumper
11-26-2009, 07:48 PM

Profootball focus is a clown shoes organization if that is where you're getting that from.

BleedBurgundy96
11-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Profootball focus is a clown shoes organization if that is where you're getting that from.

I actually got it from there. It was posted on a Redskins MB.

The sites rankings are really stupid. That said the stat I referred to is correct.

When QBs throw towards Jairus Byrd they have a 0.0 QB rating.

I dont care if you knock that site but the stat is legit.

TitleTown088
11-26-2009, 08:29 PM
DROY: Brian Cushing (Best rookie linebacker and might be a top 10 OLB already, fantastic player all around)
His old olng haired teammate might disagree.

I'd go Bryd on defense however. Him Orakpo, Matthews and Cushing are all looking good.

soybean
11-27-2009, 02:38 AM
possibility for a co?

foozball
11-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Cushing had a bunch of tackles and...now has 4 interceptions...it's not as many as Byrd, but it's pretty impressive for a rookie linebacker. He's my DROY

11-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Cushing had a bunch of tackles and...now has 4 interceptions...it's not as many as Byrd, but it's pretty impressive for a rookie linebacker. He's my DROY

Just give it to Cush. Add his 1.5 sacks and I think he's easily got the more impressive resume. Byrd would be a distant second grouped with Orakpo and Matthews.

wogitalia
11-30-2009, 10:30 PM
So the real question... How many more elite LBs does USC need to produce before they get to be the LB U?

Cushing, Matthews, Rivers, Muaulaga and Tatupu in the last few years, though the current crop at USC doesn't look as impressive right now.

CC.SD
11-30-2009, 11:29 PM
So the real question... How many more elite LBs does USC need to produce before they get to be the LB U?

Cushing, Matthews, Rivers, Muaulaga and Tatupu in the last few years, though the current crop at USC doesn't look as impressive right now.

We are Linebacker U2. The history there backs it up too, my favorite Charger for a long long time was a heckuva Trojan linebacker.

11-30-2009, 11:44 PM
We are Linebacker U2. The history there backs it up too, my favorite Charger for a long long time was a heckuva Trojan linebacker.

Don't forget Willie!

I still wish to this day that we got that Burfict kid away from ASU. Combine him with another missed target in Te'o and it really has me sad. Carroll is getting too cute with his recruiting. Get these kids to commit and promise them immediate playing time. God knows we could sure use 'em.

thebow305
12-01-2009, 07:17 PM
At this point, the offensive player has to be Percy Harvin, and the defensive player is Brian Cushing.

Byrd has been phenomenal as well, but Cushing is a MONSTER.

General Zod
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Its odd, all these great rookie defensive players this season, Crushing, Byrd, Orakpo, Matthews. And Aaron Curry an absolute stud at Wake isnt even in the conversation. :-(

CC.SD
12-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Its odd, all these great rookie defensive players this season, Crushing, Byrd, Orakpo, Matthews. And Aaron Curry an absolute stud at Wake isnt even in the conversation. :-(

Interesting point...I confess I haven't been a huge follower of the Seahawks this year. I refuse to believe we have another AJ Hawk situation going on but I know Curry's been starting. What's the dealio?

tjsunstein
12-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Interesting point...I confess I haven't been a huge follower of the Seahawks this year. I refuse to believe we have another AJ Hawk situation going on but I know Curry's been starting. What's the dealio?

Like you said, he's on the Seahawks.

Mr.Regular
12-01-2009, 09:33 PM
I was never a fan of that pick. Taking a 4-3 OLB in the top 5 just seems dumb...especially when you have a need at QB and LT and there were guys that met those needs on the board.

thebow305
12-02-2009, 01:39 AM

I always thought Curry was terribly overrated and I stated that plenty of times on here around draft time. Now we're starting to see it. It's not that he plays for Seattle, it's that he's just not that good, plain and simple.

hburn
12-02-2009, 03:04 AM
I still think curry's a stud but the rest of the team blows and that pains me to say. i love my seahawks but we really suck and any player who is good is brought down.

umphrey
12-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Being on a bad team hasn't hurt rookie linebackers in the past. If anything it helps them pile up tackles. See Patrick Willis.

General Zod
12-02-2009, 06:03 AM
I was never a fan of that pick. Taking a 4-3 OLB in the top 5 just seems dumb...especially when you have a need at QB and LT and there were guys that met those needs on the board.

I'm not ready to throw the bust label on him yet.

12-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Curry is being severely outplayed by an undrafted second-year backup LB (David Hawthorne) who's replacing Tatupu, that can't be good. I saw flashes in the preseason so I'm far from giving up on the guy. The Seahawks must be using Curry's coverage abilities more in light of the Tatupu injury, which no longer makes him the playmaker of that LBing core. That's all I think it is, though I'd be lying if I said I watched many Seahawks games this year.

Malaka
12-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I think we should all calm down a little, sure he isn't setting the world on fire but he has 46 tackles 2 sacks and 2 FFs... I hardly consider that doing nothing, fine he has been outplayed by other rookies this year, but this is only his first year he can only improve, is it possible Cushing has the better career? yes, but its also possible Cushing has a major drop off next year.

IMO it's just way too early to start screaming A.J Hawk.

Scotty D
12-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Curry is being severely outplayed by an undrafted second-year backup LB (David Hawthorne) who's replacing Tatupu, that can't be good. I saw flashes in the preseason so I'm far from giving up on the guy. The Seahawks must be using Curry's coverage abilities more in light of the Tatupu injury, which no longer makes him the playmaker of that LBing core. That's all I think it is, though I'd be lying if I said I watched many Seahawks games this year.

All I've heard is that his coverage abilities have been extremely poor this year.

Mr.Regular
12-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm not ready to throw the bust label on him yet.
Neither am I... but regardless, picking a 43 OLB at #4 seems silly when you have obvious needs in more important places..and there are guys that fit that need with good value available.

Splat
12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I remember the Chiefs getting clowned for not taking Curry and while I in no way think Curry will be a bust I think the Chiefs made the right move passing.

You could argue Tyson Jackson wasn't the right pick either (I would disagree) but unless you have LT or DT sitting there you should not take a LB with the 3rd pick.

CC.SD
12-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Can we please get a Seahawk fan up in this thread.

terribletowel39
12-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I still think curry's a stud but the rest of the team blows and that pains me to say. i love my seahawks but we really suck and any player who is good is brought down.

Can we please get a Seahawk fan up in this thread.
The one Seahawk fan on the board has spoken.

CC.SD
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
The one Seahawk fan on the board has spoken.

There's a couple more.

Little Animal is putting up ridiculous numbers for the Rams and it was mentioned upthread that Willis was ridiculous on a bad team, same as Demeco Ryans. I'm not buying the poor team as an excuse for Curry.

Sniper
12-02-2009, 03:25 PM
There's a couple more.

Little Animal is putting up ridiculous numbers for the Rams and it was mentioned upthread that Willis was ridiculous on a bad team, same as Demeco Ryans. I'm not buying the poor team as an excuse for Curry.

Laurinaitis is still making his tackles 10+ yards downfield. He's not that good.

Saints-Tigers
12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Laurinaitis is still making his tackles 10+ yards downfield. He's not that good.

Someone has to stop those 10+ yarders from going 60!!

/optimism

21ST
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Well orakpo is officially a DE now, he might break the rookie sack record

yo123
12-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Well orakpo is officially a DE now, he might break the rookie sack record

8 sacks in 5 games? That's a stretch.

FUNBUNCHER
12-13-2009, 11:44 PM
DROTY??

Brian Orakpo in a walk.
11 sacks with 3 games remaining. Consider that Orakpo is splitting time at SLB too.
The Seahawks will regret for years not taking 'Rak instead of Curry.

When Haynesworth gets back healthy next week, it will be a feeding frenzy for Orakpo and Andre Carter against the Giants, Cowboys and Chargers.

TitleTown088
12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
8 sacks in 5 games? That's a stretch.

Ha, maybe not after today.

Vox Populi
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
DROTY??

Brian Orakpo in a walk.
11 sacks with 3 games remaining. Consider that Orakpo is splitting time at SLB too.
The Seahawks will regret for years not taking 'Rak instead of Curry.

When Haynesworth gets back healthy next week, it will be a feeding frenzy for Orakpo and Andre Carter against the Giants, Cowboys and Chargers.

IDK about the Seahawks regretting taking Curry, but the Bills taking Maybin 2 picks earlier, yeah, I can see that lol.

12-14-2009, 12:24 AM

To be fair though, it's the Rams. Anytime they hold a team to ~10 yards on a given play is considered a success.

CC.SD
12-14-2009, 12:31 AM
IDK about the Seahawks regretting taking Curry, but the Bills taking Maybin 2 picks earlier, yeah, I can see that lol.

This isn't even a shock, I mean who did NOT roll their eyes at the Bills trying to outsmart the league and leaving Orakpo on the board?

That said, I still think you have to give DPOY to Cushing. 4 sacks is dominant and 11 so far on the season is terrific, but ultimately it was the Raiders, and Jamarcus, while Cush has been a force for the Texans in every game.

BufFan71
12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Byrd with another INT

shoulda had 2... but wilson ripped it out of his hands... greedy bastard

9 ints so far

vikes_28
12-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Percy Harvin anyone?

FUNBUNCHER
12-14-2009, 03:01 AM
I forgot about Byrd. If he won it I wouldn't be mad.

Snagging nearly 10 INTs, which he yet may have before the end of the season is impressive.

will99890
12-14-2009, 03:56 AM
A lot of solid candidates this year. Top 3 on each side of the ball in no particular order.

Off
Percy Harvin
Knowshon Moreno if he and the Broncos finish stong
Hakeem Nicks

Def
Jairus Byrd
Brian Cushing
Brian Orakpo

RealityCheck
12-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Sebastian Vollmer and Jairus Byrd.

tjsunstein
12-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Clay Matthews just had to come out with a class full of beasts.

40 Tackles - 15th
8 Sacks - 2nd
1 FF - t-3rd
1 TD - t-1st

Cushing is far and away the favorite in my opinion. He has 112 tackles already. 2.5 sacks. 3 INTs. A safety. 12 Pass Def. and on top of that 2 FF.

21ST
12-14-2009, 08:51 AM
I cant belive they tried to make rak an OLB, if he would have been playing DE the whole year he would be in the top of the leauge in sacks, dude has got a bull rush that is out of this world

DiG
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I cant belive they tried to make rak an OLB, if he would have been playing DE the whole year he would be in the top of the leauge in sacks, dude has got a bull rush that is out of this world

I still think hes got a shot at the rookie sack record. He is 3.5 sacks away with 3 games left. Every game that he lines up with his hand in the dirt he is a threat for multiple sacks. I think his only real shot at winning defensive rookie of the year is to break that record.

FloridaSkinzFan
12-14-2009, 10:06 AM
O'sack'po!!!!!

senormysterioso
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM
This isn't even a shock, I mean who did NOT roll their eyes at the Bills trying to outsmart the league and leaving Orakpo on the board?

Imagine if the Bills had a rookie with 10 sacks and another with 10 int's...there would be some people feeling really good about the future of that defense

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Clay Matthews just had to come out with a class full of beasts.

40 Tackles - 15th
8 Sacks - 2nd
1 FF - t-3rd
1 TD - t-1st

Cushing is far and away the favorite in my opinion. He has 112 tackles already. 2.5 sacks. 3 INTs. A safety. 12 Pass Def. and on top of that 2 FF.

Agreed. Very impressive rookie class as far as defensive players go

NY+Giants=NYG
12-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Harvin is on my list. Also happy with Nicks production for a rookie. Yesterday was his first game starting, so he should get better and produce more.

bigbluedefense
12-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Harvin is on my list. Also happy with Nicks production for a rookie. Yesterday was his first game starting, so he should get better and produce more.

This WR draft class is truly amazing. So many talented WRs came out that year, you couldn't go wrong.

I felt before the draft that Nicks might be the best of the bunch, and that he and Crabtree were very similar players.

Its obviously way too early to say anything, but I think Hakeem Nicks is going to be an amazing player.

He reminds me of a poor man's Fitz.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
This WR draft class is truly amazing. So many talented WRs came out that year, you couldn't go wrong.

I felt before the draft that Nicks might be the best of the bunch, and that he and Crabtree were very similar players.

Its obviously way too early to say anything, but I think Hakeem Nicks is going to be an amazing player.

He reminds me of a poor man's Fitz.

It's too early.. I don't get excited that easily and early. I need to see more of him. But yeah so far from what i've seen he is a playmaker. Now he just needs to learn and progress. I want to see a small level of growth now that he is starting. But he does have knack for the endzone.

cvv84
01-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Well deserved by Cushing. Texans now have 2 DROY LBs.

CJSchneider
01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I could have sworn I posted my prediction is here. I can't remember if I had Cushing or Mualuga. Oh well, for the record, I hoped Cushing would fall to the Saints last year.

Edit: I went and looked it up, I picked Orakpo in the predictions thread. What was I thinking.

HawkeyeFan
01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
He makes a lot of stops at the LoS. Other than Clifton Ryan, our DTs are back-ups at best. Clifton will be a great player, and bigger beast with a good player to his left.

James Laurinaitis is one hell of a player, and will win DPOY once in his career.

tjsunstein
01-05-2010, 11:27 PM
He makes a lot of stops at the LoS. Other than Clifton Ryan, our DTs are back-ups at best. Clifton will be a great player, and bigger beast with a good player to his left.

James Laurinaitis is one hell of a player, and will win DPOY once in his career.

Let's not get crazy. I don't see Laurinitis having that better of a year to triumph anyone on a winning team. Ever.

yo123
01-06-2010, 03:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4800641

Harvin wins OROY, pretty much expected.