PDA

View Full Version : d anderson Vs Quinn

cribbsjosh
08-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Both seemed to play pretty good this preseason especially against a stought tennesse defense. I'm confused who would u go with? Quin or Anderson? Niether?

yo123
08-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Why is this even a competition? Anderson blows and you spent a first round pick on Quinn, why not give him a shot.

aNYtitan
08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
I say give it to Quinn, he was drafted to be the QB of the franchise, and its not like he has been given a full opportunity and blew it. Anderson just lived off that one Pro Bowl season and has been real inconsistent

iowatreat54
08-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Well personally, I think the Browns should just let Brady Quinn start from the get go because Brady Quinn is prolly the more talented QB and there is no way for the Browns to see if Brady Quinn can succeed as a starter if they keep saying it's a competition and then letting Anderson take all the snaps.

If you're the Browns, you have to be realistic. The difference between Anderson and Quinn isn't so great that it will cost you a chance at the Super Bowl, or even a playoff birth.

wicket
08-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I say Quinn for a couple of reasons.
- Anderson lost the job last year and Quinn only lost it by getting injured. The only game he did play healthy he looked great.
- Quinn is more suited to be the face of the franchise and could lead the team for quite a while
- Quinn is a domer ;)
- Quinn looked better to me this preseason
- As a Browns fan Quinn has all the heart for the team you would need
- Ive got Quinn as my backup FF QB

KCJ58
08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
ESPN's Trent Dilfer said Anderson will start (btw that's just his opnion) :/

Bucs_Rule
08-30-2009, 04:31 PM
ESPN's Trent Dilfer said Anderson will start (btw that's just his opnion) :/

Until Ocho Cinco Twitters its not official.

Seriously I wouldn't put any stock in Dilfer's opinion.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Anderson is a moose dick

keylime_5
08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
quinn's gonna start, but i'm not sold that he's gonna be better than DA. DA is still young and has a ridiculous arm, and is really good when he's on. Quinn needs a chance tho, he has way more upside

vidae
08-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I honestly don't see how Quinn isn't already the starter. He's got a lot more upside and he is the better player right now.

BlindSite
08-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Anderson lost everyone that made him decent in the coaching staff and he didn't progress last year when given a chance.

Quinn has far greater potential, the Browns are better off starting him from the word go and putting anderson up for trade.

DeepThreat
08-30-2009, 08:04 PM
It will be Quinn. DA has a rocket arm, but Quinn has him in everything else.

wonderbredd24
08-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Derek Anderson is what he's gonna be... ridiculous arm, questionable accuracy, always looking deep, bad clock management, streaky, and a gun slinger

PoopSandwich
08-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Derek Anderson is what he's gonna be... ridiculous arm, questionable accuracy, always looking deep, bad clock management, streaky, and a gun slinger

And he isn't that bad... I'm tired of people constantly knocking him making him out to be one of the worst QBs in the league. Last year our entire team was pathetic, offensive line, running game, receivers, defense, special teams was even the worst I remember it in a while.

Derek had maybe one or two games that were horrendous (Redskins and Bengals)

The game he got pulled after was the Ravens and he played exceptionally well with one interception where the RB turned the wrong way so it looked like a direct pass to T Suggs. I think DA can still be a starter in this league with or without Cleveland, you put the guy behind a good offensive line and he will pick apart defenses, but he will also make questionable decisions at times... That's part of his game.

the decider13
08-30-2009, 11:42 PM

Rex Grossman?

I think it is Quinn's job to lose, I still can't believe they signed anderson to a deal after drafting Quinn, nobody is going to want to take him now.

OzTitan
08-31-2009, 02:44 AM
You start the best player full stop, but providing that isn't as clear as day in Anderson's favor, I think Quinn deserves a chance with full support behind him.

BTW, did anyone catch that crazy penalty Anderson got in the Titans game that just passed? I was watching on an incredibly low resolution Internet stream, but from what I gathered Anderson started running after an overthrown deep ball by Kerry Collins to catch it on the sideline, and managed to run onto the sideline area and knock over a ref in the process, giving the Browns a 15 yarder. Was perhaps the strangest penalty I've ever seen.

OzTitan
08-31-2009, 02:50 AM
Rex Grossman?

I think it is Quinn's job to lose, I still can't believe they signed anderson to a deal after drafting Quinn, nobody is going to want to take him now.

If a player is willing to work out a new deal first, the existing contract is not a big deal for the receiving team in a trade since it's stripped of guaranteed money basically making it a clean slate. And a player would typically be happy to cooperate because a new deal = new signing bonus.

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2009, 07:23 AM
I'd bet the Browns long term go with Quinn, but IMO Anderson will get a chance to start somewhere else in the league.

The Brett Favre experiment is doomed to fail in Minnesota, and in a year or two I think Anderson would be an excellent fit there.

Physically, Anderson is IT, but his problem is with consistency and decision-making.

I don't know what his contract status is, but I wonder what Cleveland could score in a trade for him.

BlindSite
08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
And he isn't that bad... I'm tired of people constantly knocking him making him out to be one of the worst QBs in the league. Last year our entire team was pathetic, offensive line, running game, receivers, defense, special teams was even the worst I remember it in a while.

Derek had maybe one or two games that were horrendous (Redskins and Bengals)

The game he got pulled after was the Ravens and he played exceptionally well with one interception where the RB turned the wrong way so it looked like a direct pass to T Suggs. I think DA can still be a starter in this league with or without Cleveland, you put the guy behind a good offensive line and he will pick apart defenses, but he will also make questionable decisions at times... That's part of his game.

Part of me feels he'll end up a Panther. Maybe it's the scherer connection, but Fox likes vet QBs and he's a perfect fit for our system.

wonderbredd24
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Part of me feels he'll end up a Panther. Maybe it's the scherer connection, but Fox likes vet QBs and he's a perfect fit for our system.

Please, please, please trade for him

You guys need a DTackle... we could package Derek Anderson and Corey Williams for a pick or picks

BlindSite
08-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Please, please, please trade for him

You guys need a DTackle... we could package Derek Anderson and Corey Williams for a pick or picks

Ha ha, we don't have a first rounder next year. We don't have much in the way of depth either. Pep eating 18 million in cap space kicks the team in the nuts.

wicket
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Ha ha, we don't have a first rounder next year. We don't have much in the way of depth either. Pep eating 18 million in cap space kicks the team in the nuts.

where would you need a first rounder for, its DA were talking about here, second and a fifth or something like that should easily cut it, prolly way less

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-31-2009, 06:54 PM
Derek Anderson would have probably been a beast in Minnesota.