PDA

View Full Version : Head Spin: If your Head Coach died...

D-Unit
08-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Who would you want as your replacement for your team next season?

1. Bill Billick
2. Bill Cowher
3. Mike Shanahan
4. Jon Gruden
5. Mike Holmgren

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-31-2009, 09:51 PM
This is easy. Bill Cowher all day

Thumper
08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Holmgren all day, runs the exact same offense so there wouldn't be any turnover or adjustment period.

Plus, the Eagles could totally cover Andy's death, they look exactly alike.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/nfl/2008/12/medium_holmgren.jpghttp://images.sportsnetwork.com/nfl/getty/philadelphia/2007/reid_andy200.jpg

Seriously, when I was younger I used to watch some old Packer flashbacks and they would always talk about Holmgren and I would correct them thinking that he was Andy Reid, they are friggin' clones.

And everyone will call on Cowher because of his superbowl win and playoff success but Holmgren won a superbowl, has three superbowl appearances and has 12 playoff wins and is one of only 5 coaches to ever take two different franchises to a superbowl.

eaglesalltheway
08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I think you mean Brian Billick, but it would be Cowher for me, pretty easy decision, it gets tougher after that, but I think Holmgren and Shanny fight for #2 after the Chin.

Rosebud
08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
The chin and then the walrus. Don't really like the other three at all.

Brothgar
08-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Who is Bill Billick? Were you looking for Brian Billick?

D-Unit
09-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Who is Bill Billick? Were you looking for Brian Billick?
No, I mean Bill Billick. lmao. jk. ...and who said you guys were dumb. :)

Chucky
09-01-2009, 01:52 AM
No, I mean Bill Billick. lmao. jk. ...and who said you guys were dumb. :)

lol....I hate to use the term....but this is what you call an epic fail. just joking with you D.

unless of course that second time was a joke(indicated by the "lmao", jk")

unless those are just laughing at yourself for your original mistake not recognizing your second one.

For the Bucs i would pick Shanny

djp
09-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Give me Holmgren, I think he's one of the best in the league.

D-Unit
09-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Give me Holmgren, I think he's one of the best in the league.
The Holmgren tree is sooooo impressive. You couldn't go wrong with him.

Rosebud
09-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I really think Shanny has become a mediocre play caller offensively and still has no clue defensively all while refusing to let his co-ordinators do their job without his input.

Gruden is a good offensive coach but he's hugely over-rated at this point and Brian Billick is just meh.

D-Unit
09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I really think Shanny has become a mediocre play caller offensively and still has no clue defensively all while refusing to let his co-ordinators do their job without his input.

Gruden is a good offensive coach but he's hugely over-rated at this point and Brian Billick is just meh.
I don't think Shanahan has difficulties putting points on the board. A bad call here and there is fair, but he's been able to put forth some awesome offensive lines. His ZBS is amazing. Handled Cutler perfectly. He has a good eye for offensive talent. Marshall and Royal were direct hits. He's been able to get great play out of RBs without having to spend top dollar/top picks on them. I think he frustrates fantasy guys wanting to know who his RB will be, but who cares about that? lol.

I respect the guy and his offensive scheme and eye for offensive talent. You're right though, I don't care much for his defensive know how.

Brothgar
09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
It would totally depend on what type of scheme my team was in at the time. Since this is in the NFC East subforum I went Cowher because I think he would work better with those players. But for a team like Detroit I would pick Shanny Our pieces are excatly what they had in Denver - Champ Bailey

Rosebud
09-01-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't think Shanahan has difficulties putting points on the board. A bad call here and there is fair, but he's been able to put forth some awesome offensive lines. His ZBS is amazing. Handled Cutler perfectly. He has a good eye for offensive talent. Marshall and Royal were direct hits. He's been able to get great play out of RBs without having to spend top dollar/top picks on them. I think he frustrates fantasy guys wanting to know who his RB will be, but who cares about that? lol.

I respect the guy and his offensive scheme and eye for offensive talent. You're right though, I don't care much for his defensive know how.

I think he's hurt that Denver team his last couple of years, his play calling left me very disappointed as he got very stale and predictable as games wore on, his eye for offensive talent and play book are good, but he's become a mediocre play caller without realizing it.