PDA

View Full Version : Pacman headed north?

Todd Bertuzzi
09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Reports have surfaced indicating that Adam Pacman Jones and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL are close to reaching a deal. The deal is reportedly one year in length.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=289522

Pacman in Winnipeg? Should be interesting.

TitanHope
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Hope he stays there. No doubt he thinks it'll be a one year stint, do well, and he'll be back in the NFL. I hope that it doesn't happen so easily.

tjsunstein
09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Waste of talent.

09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd love to see Pacman go up against Adarius Bowman in practice - two very, very interesting characters indeed.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Interesting he chose the CFL over the UFL.

aNYtitan
09-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Good riddence. GTFO of this country you waste of a number 6 pick

TitanHope
09-01-2009, 11:25 PM

Well, he basically gets a new start in Canada. He's in a totally different country, and most of the CFL fans may not know him as the waste of air that we know him as. In the UFL, fans know about him and don't like him. Who knows? But at this point, the CFL is more legitimate than the UFL, so he may have done it because he wanted a consistant League that's been around for a while rather than be a part of a new League that could or could not succeed.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, he basically gets a new start in Canada. He's in a totally different country, and most of the CFL fans may not know him as the waste of air that we know him as. In the UFL, fans know about him and don't like him. Who knows? But at this point, the CFL is more legitimate than the UFL, so he may have done it because he wanted a consistant League that's been around for a while rather than be a part of a new League that could or could not succeed.

Canadians know all about Pacman and his antics. Maybe he figured this route worked for Ricky Williams so maybe it would work for him.

PACKmanN
09-01-2009, 11:29 PM

nope, its been reported it was because of money.

TitanHope
09-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Canadians know all about Pacman and his antics. Maybe he figured this route worked for Ricky Williams so maybe it would work for him.

nope, its been reported it was because of money.

Both sound waaaaaay better than what I was sayin'... :(

GG guys. GG..

TACKLE
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm looking foward to watching him play. The team he's going to isn't very good. I hope they use him at CB, PR, KR and WR. The CFL is a lot more legit than most people in the states realize. There are several player who could be contributers on NFL teams but decide to stay in the CFL and be the star player on their team. Though I think Pac will be dissapointed by the lack of strip clubs in Winnepeg.

yo123
09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I'd love to see Pacman go up against Adarius Bowman in practice - two very, very interesting characters indeed.

Lol I completely forgot about that guy. I remember people were hyping him up as a first rounder.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I live in Winnipeg, and this is a fairly interesting signing. The GM has basically stated that a large part of the signing is publicity, stating that more people will know the Winnipeg Blue Bombers because of this than for anything previously. Very true.

I'm looking forward to seeing him at a strip club near me very soon....

Splat
09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
CFL team says it's not signing Pacman Jones (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-pacmanjones-cfl&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Todd Bertuzzi
09-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Damn it was merely a publicity stunt.

Canadian_kid16
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Damn it was merely a publicity stunt.

might have been, but I don't think Immigration Canada allowed him into the country...

whether or not the Blue Bombers knew about this beforehand would determine if its a publicity stunt or not

Brent
09-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Pacman is a ******* joke at this point. **** that guy.

CashmoneyDrew
09-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Man, to think of all the guys we could have drafted instead of Pacman.
Aaron Rodgers, DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman.........
Sigh....

KCJ58
09-03-2009, 01:42 AM
haha what a loser and waste of talent

vikes_28
09-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Man, to think of all the guys we could have drafted instead of Pacman.
Aaron Rodgers, DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman.........
Sigh....

Aaron Rodgers fails....

In the mind of a Vikings fan, I feel the same way about Troy Williamson.

Brent
09-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Aaron Rodgers fails.
What? GTFO. Dude, two words: Tavaris Jackson.

PACKmanN
09-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Aaron Rodgers fails....

In the mind of a Vikings fan, I feel the same way about Troy Williamson.

Are the Vikings the same team who hadn't had a franchise qb since...and the same fans who claimed, along with the Bears fans, that we will **** after Favre retired because we were doomed without a franchsie qb? lol...

Todd Bertuzzi
09-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Lol How does Rodgers fail? He comes in with all the pressure following in Favre's footsteps and he more than exceeded expectations.

Bucs_Rule
09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
might have been, but I don't think Immigration Canada allowed him into the country...

whether or not the Blue Bombers knew about this beforehand would determine if its a publicity stunt or not

I could see why a country wouldn't want a multiple offender into the country.

Isn't Winnipeg a small city up north in the middle of nowhere? In that case their shouldn't be too much to get into trouble, though no matter where you are theres always a cop around you can bite.

Still cracks me up whenever I think about that. Why would you think its a good idea to bite a cop? lol

NotRickJames
09-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Good riddance.

I reckon he's done in the NFl....he wasn't even that good for the 'Boys last year. And if Jerry Jones won't have you (though didn't he say he'd consider having Pacman back?), then it's a bad sign.

09-04-2009, 08:57 PM

Apparently Pacman can't tell the difference between the two leagues, lol.

What a joke he is.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I could see why a country wouldn't want a multiple offender into the country.

Isn't Winnipeg a small city up north in the middle of nowhere? In that case their shouldn't be too much to get into trouble, though no matter where you are theres always a cop around you can bite.

Still cracks me up whenever I think about that. Why would you think its a good idea to bite a cop? lol

Haha, oh boy. Well, yes, Canada is 'up north' of the United States, so i guess you are somewhat correct. However, Winnipeg is but 60 minutes from the US border to North Dakota, and believe it or not, it is just like many other US cities. Yes, a smaller population than any major US city, but not as small as you may be thinking. Yes, people can still find trouble.....

Vox Populi
09-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Haha, oh boy. Well, yes, Canada is 'up north' of the United States, so i guess you are somewhat correct. However, Winnipeg is but 60 minutes from the US border to North Dakota, and believe it or not, it is just like many other US cities. Yes, a smaller population than any major US city, but not as small as you may be thinking. Yes, people can still find trouble.....

Winnipeg has a lot of issues with drugs, more than any of the other large Canadian cities I believe and there are definitely a lot of ways for Pacman to get in trouble over there. At least it wouldn't be as bad as if he went to the Ti-Cats to play. Hamilton is a complete shitter lol.