PDA

View Full Version : Any foodies here?

General Zod
09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Just wondering if there were any other foodies here besides me. Yeah Im showing my age a bit here lol. Cooking and football are my 2 main loves in life. I also love to watch food related shows on TV. I watch a lot of food network, Andew Zimmerman, Anthony Bourdian, Man vs Food, Top Chef, Gordon Ramseys shows.

Crickett
09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I watch the "Insert food" Paradise shows on the Travel channel and I have Man vs. Food on my Netflix Watch Now queue.

YAYareaRB
09-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I watch Anthony Bourdain and Man vs Food. I like the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives series as well.

General Zod
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
it was a ways back but

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13797

I guess I should worded my thread title to TV food shows.

I didnt mean to clutter the forums :-)

slightlyaraiderfan
09-02-2009, 01:46 PM
i love top chef

http://beanstockd.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/padma_beanstockd.jpg

other cooking shows i like: original iron chef (michiba & chen kenichi representin'), last reservations with anthony bourdain and ramsey's kitchen nightmare.

tjsunstein
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Man vs. Food is awesome but I haven't watched it in a while. I have a buddy that could compete with that guy.

diabsoule
09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I love to cook and eat as well. Man vs. Food, Bizarre Foods, No Reservations, Top Chef, Food Paradise, etc... I watch all the time. I've been trying out new recipes that I have been coming up with and have been considering getting back into the service industry so I can to culinary school.

HChu
09-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Top Chef is my favorite cooking show, this year especially, since they've cut out some of the obviousness of whoever is getting the boot that episode. No Reservations is pretty good, and Man V. Food is enjoyable. In all cooking shows though, there's way too much bad shtick for my liking.

slightlyaraiderfan
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
anybody catch top chef masters? seeing rick bayless' food makes me want to fly to chicago and visit Frontera Grill. he cooks mexican food with a passion, and you can see it in his dishes, i might have to make him an honorary mexican.

General Zod
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM
anybody catch top chef masters? seeing rick bayless' food makes me want to fly to chicago and visit Frontera Grill. he cooks mexican food with a passion, and you can see it in his dishes, i might have to make him an honorary mexican.

yeah Rick Bayless is a pretty big name in the food circles. My uncle has been to his place in chicago and said the food was amazing. And I just found out not to long ago that Rick Bayless's brother is Skip Bayless from espn's 1st and 10.

fischbowl
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I used to be a line cook and currently I work three floors below where most Food Network shows are filmed. So yeah, I'm a bit of a foodie.

HawkEye30
09-02-2009, 02:28 PM
stephen raiclin on pbs, dude is a true bbq grill master

etk
09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't watch food shows, but I guess I'm a foodie. I love trying new, cool spots. And I eat a lot.

Splat
09-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I'll watch "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" with Guy Fieri on Food Network but that is about it just not really a fan of watching people cook.

bantx
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Diners Drive Ins and Dives!

Splat
09-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Thats what I said! You don't have to yell. :)

CJSchneider
09-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi, my name is CJ and I'm a "foodie". What started with "Yan Can Cook" years ago has developed into Man vs. Food, Bizarre Foods, No Reservations, Top Chef, Food Paradise and Hell's Kitchen.

awfullyquiet
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
oh man, i remember yan can cook.

when i was younger, my aunt would make me watch pbs and julia and the frugal gourmet and yan can!

Rob S
09-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I am a pretty big foodie. Strange thing tho, I hate other foodies. There are in general pretentious asswipes in everything even outside of food.

Thomas Keller ftw!

BlindSite
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I love cooking, especially italian food, I love making my own pasta or pizza from scratch, sauce, dough, the works,

Crickett
09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Thats what I said! You don't have to yell. :)

NO I CAN'T STOP YELLIN, CUZ THAT'S HOW I TALK.[/chapelle]

Brent
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Diners Drive Ins and Dives!

I love triple D. That show is great. Sadly, I have been to all the ones he did in the Austin/Dallas shows, and they arent all as good as he he says. However, he did go to my favorite restaurant in College Station:

gY3z0pvE6h0

General Zod
09-02-2009, 05:15 PM
I was here when Triple D came to the Soda shop in Goshen IN. Oddly, the diner really isnt that great and Im still not sure how they manage to talk food network into doing a spot. I got to meet Guy, he is very nice, funny and down to earth. And he doesnt "turn it on" for the camera, he acts like that all the time. We tried to talk him into hitting the Club Landing that night, be he had to fly out at 6am the next morning.

withX9C85A0

fischbowl
09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Trip D is the ****

Paul
09-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Trip D is the ****

Indeed. Guy Fieri is living the dream.

fischbowl
09-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Indeed. Guy Fieri is living the dream.

It's a shame he has douchey bleached hair though. But he is the man

SeanTaylorRIP
09-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Andrew Zimmern>Adam Richman>Guy Fieri

themaninblack
09-02-2009, 10:56 PM
The only show on the food network that I can really stand is No Reservations. That said, I absolutely love the show and I watch every episode.

General Zod
09-02-2009, 11:56 PM
The only show on the food network that I can really stand is No Reservations. That said, I absolutely love the show and I watch every episode.

No Reservation is on the Travel channel, not Food Network. Bourdian hates the Food Network. :-P

themaninblack
09-03-2009, 12:36 AM
No Reservation is on the Travel channel, not Food Network. Bourdian hates the Food Network. :-P

Touche my friend. I guess I meant to say the only food show I can stand?

Paul
09-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Original Iron Chef>>>Iron Chef America, or whatever they call the gringo version.

Hollywood
09-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Surprised so many people watch Top Chef, but uh go Ron! He's from Hollywood and I've met him a couple times...really cool guy. I have the sneaking suspicion he goes far in the show too. He obviously couldn't tell me, but he hinted at it. I think him and the bitchy blonde girl might be the final two.

eaglesalltheway
09-03-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm defintiely a foodie. I'll watch pretty much all the shows mentioned, and some others, though not on a cosisitent basis, just when I see them when I'm flipping through the channels. But I love preparing all types of food, especially doing grilling and baking, and am hoping to put together either a small grill or bakery (grill/bakery? lol) at some point in my life.

awfullyquiet
09-03-2009, 07:23 AM

i just started reading kitchen confidential.

bourdain is awesome.

HChu
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Surprised so many people watch Top Chef, but uh go Ron! He's from Hollywood and I've met him a couple times...really cool guy. I have the sneaking suspicion he goes far in the show too. He obviously couldn't tell me, but he hinted at it. I think him and the bitchy blonde girl might be the final two.

I think the producers will make it so that the Voltaggio's advance as far as possible, and I think one of them will be in the final with Jen (most likely Michael).

7-11
09-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Anthony Bourdain is the man, i had no idea so many people watched his show. Most realistic, down to earth travel show i've ever seen,

EDIT: Besides Departures, which is ******* amazing