PDA

View Full Version : 53 Man Roster

coordinator0
09-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Looks like our 53 man roster looks like this (going by baltimoreravens.com roster):

QB: Flacco, Smith, Beck - 3

RB: Rice, McGahee, Parmele, Lawrence - 7

FB: McClain - 8

WR: Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington - 12

TE: Heap, Smith, Jones - 15

OT: Gaither, Oher, Cousins, Moll - 19

OG: Grubbs, Yanda, Chester, Hale - 23

C: Birk - 24

DL: Ngata, Pryce, Gregg, Bannan, Edwards, McKinney, Talavou - 31

LB: Lewis, Suggs, Johnson, Gooden, Ayanbandejo, Ellerbe, McClain, Kruger, Burgess, Barnes - 41

CB: Foxworth, Washington, Webb, Carr, Walker - 46

S: Reed, Landry, Nakamura, Zbikowski - 50

ST: Hauschka, Koch, Katula - 53

Thoughts: Surprised to see Lawrence and Parmele both make it, and we kept a lot of linebackers.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
shocked that they cut Davon Drew, what a waste of a pick. I knew it. Also surprised to see them keep Burgess over Phillips, apparently he's on IR with his knee. They have 10 LB's and 4 RB's. I like both Parmele and Lawrence but how in the world are they gonna get PT behind Rice and McGahee, there have also been rumors that Ray Lewis, Ozzie Newsome and Co. are trying to get Lorenzo Neal back.

coordinator0
09-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't know, there really isn't much I disagree with. But I would let go of Burgess and give his spot to Drew. Peerman was a guy that I wanted the Ravens to keep around as well, but it looks like he just wasn't showing anything in camp.

The receiver situation will be interesting because we are most likely not going to go into the season with only 4 of them (with Clayton being hurt right now and Williams being a perennial injury threat). It doesn't surprise me that we didn't keep a 5th WR out of Foster, Harper, or Figurs though.

dcarey20
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Davon Drew showed nothing throughout camp or preseason, the only thing that made him worth a roster spot was his fifth round draft pick status. He didn't deserve a spot.

Not one of Ozzie's better picks. Drew just didn't seem to have it, maybe we'll see him around on the PS but either way I'm highly disappointed with him.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Same, I was pissed as hell when they made the selection. Especially when James Casey of Rice was still on the board. He actually made the starting lineup.

also, anyone have any idea how they are going to use Rice, McGahee, Lawrence AND Parmele?

coordinator0
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Same, I was pissed as hell when they made the selection. Especially when James Casey of Rice was still on the board. He actually made the starting lineup.

also, anyone have any idea how they are going to use Rice, McGahee, Lawrence AND Parmele?

I don't think that Casey is going to start over Daniels in Houston. As for the running backs... that will be interesting to see.

coordinator0
09-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Looks like the browns claimed Peerman. Doesn't really surprise me. Sad to see him go, but Parmele and Lawrence both outplayed him in the pre-season and his fumblitis might never get better with his small hands.

Here's a link: http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tqid=7766&type=news&nid=62576

EdReedUnstoppable
09-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Im pretty goddam pissed that we kept Frank Walker and let a guy like Peerman get away.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-06-2009, 03:51 PM
But at least we kept Eron Riley on the PS and Harper too.