PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Davis at Right Guard

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2007, 07:15 PM
that fatty is gonna be good at RG unfortunately. At least for a couple years.

But what do you think about the Offensive line overall considering Columbo resigned today?

Also did you know that Leonard Davis has 22 brothers and sisters?

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
He has 21 siblings, he is the 22nd, and yes I did know that.

Anyway, our o-line went from our biggest weakness and bottom 10 in the league, to a strength and top 10 in the league, in 1 day.

Wow I love it.

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM

But what do you think about the Offensive line overall considering Columbo resigned today?

22?!!! That's nuts!

I feel good about the line, but we need to shore up the depth.

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Correct. We need depth, if someone goes down, I won't feel to good, god forbit.

KILLERSANTA
03-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Colombo, Kosier, and Gurode were solid or better.

Davis is a giant upgrade at G over Rivera.

And adams did better at the tail end of the season...I wouldn't say Top 10..But i think the OL is now Above Average...

Macarthur
03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
i would be comfortable calling this a top 10 OL

Paul
03-09-2007, 08:25 PM
22 brothers and sisters?! Danm they must have never ate with Leonard around.

keylime_5
03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah, you guys have a top 10 line I'd say....that is if Flozell plays good.

LSUALUM99
03-09-2007, 08:48 PM
If it's not a top 10 line we're in a big hole.

Adams is paid in the top 10-15 at LT in the league. Kosier is paid about average. Gurode is the most expensive C in the league now. RG is on par with top 5 in the league. (not to mention Rivera is paid well) and RT is paid in the top half of the league.

Our OL better be top 10 because it's probably the MOST EXPENSIVE OL in the league right now.

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 05:45 AM
According to ESPN.com's article when we re-signed Colombo, it is one of the best in the league. (bare with me on ESPN)

TheFan0520
03-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Leonard Davis at right guard is great. I'd much rather have him there instead of right tackle because I think he can maximize his talents/skills the most at RG.

Go Cowboys
03-11-2007, 03:36 PM
He has 21 siblings, he is the 22nd, and yes I did know that.

Anyway, our o-line went from our biggest weakness and bottom 10 in the league, to a strength and top 10 in the league, in 1 day.

Wow I love it.
1st off that is kind of weird that you just happened to know he has 21 siblings.
2nd how does one signing move us from bottom 10 to top 10? You're crazy it looks good but look at some teams that have had great lines. The Cheifs a few years back, they had 2 big contracts and 3 smaller ones. The Saints this year, they ha almost all backups play almost all year due to injurys. Top 10 is a bit of a reach even in a 32 team league. top 15 maybe, top 20 is more likely untill we see what the line actually does.

To consider us from botom 10 to top 10 with the addition of one underacheiver in Davis is a very (looking for the right word)....crazy thing to say.

Go Cowboys
03-11-2007, 03:39 PM
If it's not a top 10 line we're in a big hole.

Adams is paid in the top 10-15 at LT in the league. Kosier is paid about average. Gurode is the most expensive C in the league now. RG is on par with top 5 in the league. (not to mention Rivera is paid well) and RT is paid in the top half of the league.

Our OL better be top 10 because it's probably the MOST EXPENSIVE OL in the league right now.
Most expensive means nothing. Means we were dumb enough to pay them that much. Koiser and Adams have about the right amount and the other 3 were overpaid for. We could have Franchised Gurode cheaper.

TNewFan41
03-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Colombo was overpaid? More like underpaid, we got a BARGAIN. To bad we will have to pay him a ton next year if he plays well, hopefully he does though.

Shiver
03-16-2007, 01:44 AM
Him being a G, not RT, clinches it as a good signing in my books. I was nervous he'd have to play against Ends. That wouldn't be pretty. He was good in Arizona, when he was kicked inside, not forced into the LT hole by Denny Green.

jbombul
03-18-2007, 06:15 PM
could davis at guard be almost a second coming of larry allen?? it certainly reminds me of that this is just coming from my outside opinion

mtmock
03-18-2007, 09:17 PM
could davis at guard be almost a second coming of larry allen?? it certainly reminds me of that this is just coming from my outside opinion

looks like it huh ;)