PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad

coordinator0
09-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Looks like our PS has been set. http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=723

The Ravens set most of their practice squad Sunday, filling it with seven players who excelled in offseason workouts and training camp but did not make Saturday’s cut.

Those who cleared waivers and were assigned to the Ravens’ practice squad are wide receivers Eron Riley, Justin Harper and Ernie Wheelwright, tackles Stefan Rodgers and Joe Reitz, offensive/defensive lineman Bryan Mattison, linebacker/defensive end William VanDeSteeg, and safety K.J. Gerrard

Kind of surprised to see both Rodgers and Reitz on there, but glad to see VanDeSteeg still on the team. Looks like Davon Drew has either been claimed by another team or he just doesn't have anybody interested in him.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Drew was claimed by the Dolphins, and the fact that we kept Reitz around is laughable. The guy is absolutely pathetic!! Other than that, glad to see Riley/Harper/Gerrard/Wheelwright on there, kind of wish Jayson Foster would have been kept also.

coordinator0
09-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Figurs was claimed by Detroit as well. As for Reitz, eh he's not horrible but this is only his second year of playing tackle. I can see why we would want to keep him around. Rather have gave Rodgers spot to Foster, but 4 receivers on a practice squad is a lot.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Figurs was claimed by Detroit as well. As for Reitz, eh he's not horrible but this is only his second year of playing tackle. I can see why we would want to keep him around. Rather have gave Rodgers spot to Foster, but 4 receivers on a practice squad is a lot.

Reitz is awful dude, I dont care how many years he's been doin it, he can't block, he has awful footwork, he looks incredibly weak, he is a lost cause.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Cedric Peerman was claimed by the Browns. Haha, the Browns can never stop picking up ex-ravens can they?