PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Hines
09-08-2009, 09:58 AM
NFL football starts Thursday! So excited. Discuss week 1 in this thread.

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I got the Steelers winning this one. I think Tennessee takes a step back this year.

Should be a great game to start the season though. I love smashmouth football.

The Dynasty
09-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I am very excited for the beginning of the the regular season. I will be spending Sunday in Cleveland at the Vikings game. Can't wait to see Adrian Peterson for the first time.

Thursday game should very exciting to watch. Two tough defenses playing and also with Lendale White saying he wants to stomp on the terrible towel again..Just want to see how the defense/fans respond to that if any.

Hines
09-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I am very excited for the beginning of the the regular season. I will be spending Sunday in Cleveland at the Vikings game. Can't wait to see Adrian Peterson for the first time.

Thursday game should very exciting to watch. Two tough defenses playing and also with Lendale White saying he wants to stomp on the terrible towel again..Just want to see how the defense/fans respond to that if any.

The players say that it doesn't mean anything to them, but I think they are just talking out of their asses and not saying how they truely feel about it. Ryan Clark said a good point that it won't make them hit any harder and that the payback was when they won the Super Bowl, but I think they're extra motivated to shut LenWhale up.

vidae
09-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Going to be a great game and it's about time football was back!

T-RICH49
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
the start of the NFL season = Christmas Morning for me

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
I wonder if the Titans will blitz more now with a new DC in town.

They ran a ton of Cover 2 last year.

Hines
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10009742/Top-10-bold-NFL-predictions-for-2009?GT1=39002

Here are ten bold statements by a Fox Sports writer.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I wonder if the Titans will blitz more now with a new DC in town.

They ran a ton of Cover 2 last year.

I would suspect they do the same, but would add, things might be different depending on the team they face. It will be interesting to see!

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Greg Williams is going to welcome Stafford to the NFL. He's sending Roman Harper to welcome him. Multiple times.

Jakey
09-08-2009, 10:53 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10009742/Top-10-bold-NFL-predictions-for-2009?GT1=39002

ZOMG! Im not used to praise fom the media :| How odd.

d34ng3l021
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Looking forward to seeing the ORotY QB, Runner-up MVP RB, Pro Bowl WR, and HoF TE playing on the field at the same time for a whole game. Should be entertaining to see them light up the Miami defense (they went 11-5 while playing the AFC and NFC West). I hope progress on the Falcons defensive side of the ball is shown and we don't get torn apart by the passing game or wildcat.

bigbluedefense
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I would suspect they do the same, but would add, things might be different depending on the team they face. It will be interesting to see!

Well last year Swartz said that he didn't blitz a lot bc he didn't have to with Haynesworth and the gang up front creating ample pressure on their own.

But now with Haynesworth gone, I can see more blitz packages being thrown in the mix. I loved their stunt packages on the dline, Im curious to see if they continue to do them without Haynesworth.

Most of their stunt packages revolved around Fat Al. They won't be the same without him.

Smooth Criminal
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Steelers OL was trashed last year by the Titans, without Haynesworth. They were also the only team to run all over our defense. I'm more than a little worried about this game.

Thursday can't come soon enough.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Well last year Swartz said that he didn't blitz a lot bc he didn't have to with Haynesworth and the gang up front creating ample pressure on their own.

But now with Haynesworth gone, I can see more blitz packages being thrown in the mix. I loved their stunt packages on the dline, Im curious to see if they continue to do them without Haynesworth.

Most of their stunt packages revolved around Fat Al. They won't be the same without him.

If they do blitz, I wonder where it will come from? LBs? safties? CB? I wonder what the DC will tend to favor.

derza222
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Bold statment 6 is pretty off the wall. I could see it happening maybe for one or two of the guys there, but for most of them I don't really buy it.

CashmoneyDrew
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Based on what I've seen so far in the preseason the Titans will more than likely blitz a bit more this season.

DoughBoy
09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
If they do blitz, I wonder where it will come from? LBs? safties? CB? I wonder what the DC will tend to favor.

If we bring an extra guy in the secondary it is usally Michael Griffin, we have never really blitzed our corners and that wont change under Cecil. Keith Bulluck Is our blitzing LBer but he rarley does it. As for the question about the stunt plays, William Hayes and Jason Jones will be taking over those duties now that Haynesworth is gone....I always thought those plays were designed more for Kyle Vanden Bosch than Albert anyways.

Brodeur
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I liked it better when the thread creator put this weeks games in the first post.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I am so excited the regular season is starting but the Ravens are starting with the Chiefs. We should win that. The game I am looking forward to is the Steelers vs Titans. If the Titans win(which I am hoping) the Ravens SHOULD be up one game on the Steelers.

yourfavestoner
09-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Greg Williams is going to welcome Stafford to the NFL. He's sending Roman Harper to welcome him. Multiple times.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about Greg Williams. Ron Meeks would have been a much better hire for you guys, IMO.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-08-2009, 01:35 PM
If we bring an extra guy in the secondary it is usally Michael Griffin, we have never really blitzed our corners and that wont change under Cecil. Keith Bulluck Is our blitzing LBer but he rarley does it. As for the question about the stunt plays, William Hayes and Jason Jones will be taking over those duties now that Haynesworth is gone....I always thought those plays were designed more for Kyle Vanden Bosch than Albert anyways.

Is Griffin your safety? So you will bring him in to blitz? Who is your other safety and is he good?

Thecollegedropout
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Someone's a pure Jet hater. 0-5(I think 1-2 wins is accurate) and having Sanchez benched in year 1?

Cmon now. I think we can get wins at Miami and home vs TEN. MAYBE Houston.

Geo
09-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I think the Jets can upset the Texans in Houston too. In fact, I think I'll be picking the Jets to win that game.

Sure they are starting Young Sanchez, but if the OL plays well, their running game and passing game can find success. The Texans defense has some holes, they'll be inserting Dunta Robinson who missed all of camp and preseason, and Brian Cushing who missed most of it. Their other starting corner is struggling.

And on the other side of the ball, I think the Jets defense could frustrate the Texans offense. Put pressure on Schaub, who is nursing a tweaked ankle, although the Jets would be better if Calvin Pace wasn't serving a 4-game suspension.

Two other potential upsets I think could be brewing:

Dolphins over Falcons in Atlanta
Panthers over Eagles in Carolina

yourfavestoner
09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I think the Jets can upset the Texans in Houston too. In fact, I think I'll be picking the Jets to win that game.

Sure they are starting Young Sanchez, but if the OL plays well, their running game and passing game can find success. The Texans defense has some holes, they'll be inserting Dunta Robinson who missed all of camp and preseason, and Brian Cushing who missed most of it. Their other starting corner is struggling.

And on the other side of the ball, I think the Jets defense could frustrate the Texans offense. Put pressure on Schaub, who is nursing a tweaked ankle, although the Jets would be better if Calvin Pace wasn't serving a 4-game suspension.

You forgot the Jags over the Colts in Indy ;)

vikes_28
09-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I sure missed football.

AntoinCD
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM

I think the loss of Pace realy hurts them because it means there is no real dominant pass rush threat. Darrelle Revis is a great young CB but he is going up against in my opinion the best WR in the NFL. Plus with Owen Daniels at TE and Slaton I think the Texans will be able to put up just enough points. I really think any team that scores more than 14 on a given week against the Jets will have a very good chance at winning the game. There is just not enough offense for them outside Leon Washington and Dustin Keller

DoughBoy
09-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Is Griffin your safety? So you will bring him in to blitz? Who is your other safety and is he good?

Yeah Michael Griffin is our FS. I dont know if you will see the Titans blitz too much because of our 44 sacks last year, only 4 came from players not playing on the D-line. Most of our razzle dazzle plays are from stunt plays where the DT lines outside and the DE tackle lines up inside, or they may line up normal and switch spots during the play. Chris Hope is our other saftey and he is our version of Taylor Mays meaning he is very good agianst preventing the big play and is a sure tackler, Griff is more of the ballhawking guy but he is a good tackler also.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah Michael Griffin is our FS. I dont know if you will see the Titans blitz too much because of our 44 sacks last year, only 4 came from players not playing on the D-line. Most of our razzle dazzle plays are from stunt plays where the DT lines outside and the DE tackle lines up inside, or they may line up normal and switch spots during the play. Chris Hope is our other saftey and he is our version of Taylor Mays meaning he is very good agianst preventing the big play and is a sure tackler, Griff is more of the ballhawking guy but he is a good tackler also.

Ah i see.. Then BBD, I expect a lot of single high safety looks, if they plan on blitzing Griffin. If that is true, expect Hope to get targeted by OCs. That will be interesting to see if you indeed, throughout the season, blitz more with Griffin or not.

wogitalia
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Titans v Steelers is certainly the game of the week.

Look forward to seeing the Vikes in a real game.

I think 49ers over Cards for the "upset" pick of the round, no real reason other than a gut feeling.

d34ng3l021
09-08-2009, 08:37 PM

I almost want to guarantee a W for Atlanta. The Falcons were 7-1 at home last year while the Dolphins had 0 wins on the road against a winning team, except when they unleashed the wildcat in NE. The Dolphins got away with 11 wins because they played a Brady-less AFC East, and the LOLworthy AFC and NFC West. I think they might come crashing down to earth, to be honest. I don't see their defense stopping the Falcons at home, but the Falcons D will have to step up and not allow too many big plays.

wogitalia
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
7. The Chicago Bears will win the NFC North.

I've detailed my love for the 2009 Bears in columns throughout the summer, but I'm not sure I've put an official stamp on them for a division championship yet. Well, surprise! Congratulate your 09 NFC North champions. In a division with QB storylines surrounding Brett Favre in Minnesota, Matt Stafford in Detroit and Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, I love Jay Cutler and the Bears.

With the league's easiest schedule, a franchise quarterback for the first time in decades and one of the NFL's most innovative defensive minds taking over play-calling duties (again), look for Chicago to bounce back from two straight mediocre seasons and host a playoff game come January.

He said what? Rest of the article I had no real problem with, but two things are just ridiculous about this comment...

1. The rest of the division gets the same schedule essentially. If anything the Packs have the easiest as they get Bucs/Cowboys over Falcons/Eagles and Panthers/Giants.

2. There is no way in hell that any division that has to face the AFC North is going to have the easiest schedule in the league. If you have to play the Steelers and Ravens whilst other teams face the AFC West, then you cant have the easiest schedule.

Pretty sure the teams with the easiest schedules would be the likes of San Diego who get to play the AFC West teams twice though they do get the NFC East and AFC North from memory, so maybe not. Can be certain that the NFC North teams don't have the easiest though.

wonderbredd24
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
No offense to his bold prediction, but I think the Packers are going to win that division and the Lombardi trophy.

In my opinion, Aaron Rodgers is about to put himself in the conversation with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. He is going to be that good. He was masterful in preseason and that offense looks like it can put up points on anyone.

Coming into the season, I thought the defense was going to struggle and kill their chances of making the playoffs, but it has looked good and before people dismiss it as preseason, consider the following:

Dom Capers, in his first year as DC, has had the #1 defense in the NFL on one team and the #5 defense in the NFL in his first year on another team. The Packers offense appears to be good enough where if Capers can just get it in the middle of the pack, they'll be set, but imagine for a second if Capers can get the Packers to be a top 5 defense?

Brett Favre may want revenge on the Packers, but I think the juggernaught that is the Green Bay Packers is going to make him wish he'd have stayed retired.

On the other side? I have the Ravens representing the AFC as much I hate that team. Their OLine is monstrous and combine that with Ray Rice, LaRon McLain, and Willis McGahee, they will be able to put up over 2,000 yards as a group. And all of that ability to run the ball will make Joe Flacco have an easy time passing the ball and he's a guy who can kill you with the deep ball.

Ed Reed is considering retiring after the season and I don't how many years the guys around Ray Lewis can continue making him look good, but they will push this team to make one final push to the Superbowl.

It's not going to be as remarkable as 3-13 to 13-3 and a ring for the Rams of '99, but 5-11 last year to a Superbowl this year will be extremely impressive.

bam bam
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
31-6 Ravens

TitanHope
09-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Chris Hope is the SS, and Griffin is the FS. Both went to the Pro Bowl last season. Griffin actually had 2 INT's last season in the game against Pittsburgh.

If Tennessee blitzes, it could really come from anywhere - NB, MLB, S, OLB. I don't think we'll blitz too frequently, though.

I'm really not too worried about the pass-rush. The Titans got 5 sacks in last year's game, and that was without Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch in the line-up. Both missed the game with injuries.

wogitalia
09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
No offense to his bold prediction, but I think the Packers are going to win that division and the Lombardi trophy.

Wouldn't go Lombardi far, I still see it being a "shock" if an NFC team were to win it all, but I picked them to win the division also.

Personally I think they have the best QB and WR in the division and if the line is healthy, probably the best line also. If Grant can stay healthy and be solid on the ground they should have the best offense in the division rather comfortably.

Defensively they probably have the two best LBs and CBs in the division. Kampman has looked solid as a rushbacker and Clay will be fine also. DL has looked good and if it holds up over the season(injuries have really hurt it the last 2 years) they will be fine on defense. On paper they probably have the most talent on the defensive side of the ball also. Of course none of this means anything if it doesn't all come together.

tjsunstein
09-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Wouldn't go Lombardi far, I still see it being a "shock" if an NFC team were to win it all, but I picked them to win the division also.

Personally I think they have the best QB and WR in the division and if the line is healthy, probably the best line also. If Grant can stay healthy and be solid on the ground they should have the best offense in the division rather comfortably.

Defensively they probably have the two best LBs and CBs in the division. Kampman has looked solid as a rushbacker and Clay will be fine also. DL has looked good and if it holds up over the season(injuries have really hurt it the last 2 years) they will be fine on defense. On paper they probably have the most talent on the defensive side of the ball also. Of course none of this means anything if it doesn't all come together.

I wouldn't say that Green Bay has the best offensive line in the division. That "honor", in my opinion goes to Minnesota. It is serviceable but not the best in the NFC North. We have an entirely new starting right side this year.

I hope you mean it when you say Clay Matthews will be fine, Nostradamus. Matthews looked solid in camp before he got hurt and now it's been nagging him throughout preseason.

Cullen Jenkins was playing at a pro bowl level last year before going down for the season. He will be the most vital part to our defense, yes whole defense, this year. If he goes down then our whole front 7 takes a huge hit, almost irreplaceable on the end which opens up our whole defense.

yodabear
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I ignored all the reading I was supposed to do for class and I put together some predictions on the season, and I felt I wasn't important enough to have my own thread, without further ado.....

AFC East
1. Patriots (14-2)
2. Dolphins (7-9)
3. Bills (7-9)
4. Jets (7-9)

AFC North
1. Steelers (13-3)
2. Ravens (12-4)
3. Browns (5-11)
4. Bengals (3-13)

AFC South
1. Colts (12-4)
2. Texans (10-6)
3. Titans (8-8)
4. Jaguars (7-9)

AFC West
1. Chargers (9-7)
2. Chiefs (6-10)
3. Broncos (5-11)
4. Raiders (5-11)

NFC East
1. Eagles (13-3)
2. Giants (10-6)
3. Cowboys (8-8)
4. Redskins (6-10)

NFC North
1. Vikings (11-5)
2. Packers (11-5)
3. Bears (8-8)
4. Lions (4-12)

NFC South
1. Saints (9-7)
2. Falcons (8-8)
3. Buccaneers (6-10)
4. Panthers (6-10)

NFC West
1. Cardinals (10-6)
2. Seahawks (8-8)
3. 49ers (6-10)
4. My Rams (2-14)

Playoffs
Colts (12-4) over Texans (10-6)
Ravens (12-4) over Chargers (9-7)
Cardinals (10-6) over Giants (10-6)
Packers (11-5) over Saints (9-7)

Steelers (13-3) over Colts (13-4)
Patriots (14-2) over Ravens (13-4)
Cardinals (11-6) over Vikings (11-5)
Eagles (13-3) over Packers (12-5)

Patriots (15-2) over Steelers (14-4)
Eagles (14-3) over Cardinals (12-6)

PATRIOTS (16-2) OVER EAGLES (15-3)
Patriots win the super bowl at 17-2.

Approximate Draft Order without trades and any scientific **** like that.....
1. My Rams (2-14)
2. Bengals (3-13)
3. Lions (4-12)
4. Raiders (5-11)
5. Broncos (5-11)
6. Browns (5-11)
7. Chiefs (6-10)
8. Panthers (6-10)
9. Buccaneers (6-10)
10. 49ers (6-10)
11. Redskins (6-10)
12. Jets (7-9)
13. Bills (7-9)
14. Dolphins (7-9)
15. Jaguars (7-9)
16. Falcons (8-8)
17. Seahawks (8-8)
18. Bears (8-8)
19. Titans (8-8)
20. Cowboys (8-8)
21. Chargers (9-8)
22. Saints (9-8)
23. Texans (10-7)
24. Giants (10-7)
25. Packers (12-6)
26. Vikings (11-6)
27. Ravens (13-5)
28. Colts (13-5)
29. Cardinals (12-7)
30. Steelers (14-4)
31. Eagles (15-4)
32. Patriots (17-2)

TitleTown088
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't say that Green Bay has the best offensive line in the division. That "honor", in my opinion goes to Minnesota. It is serviceable but not the best in the NFC North. We have an entirely new starting right side this year.

I don't know if I would say that.Minny is starting a new center and a rookie RT. I don't know anyone in the NFC north really has a dominant OL.

7-11
09-08-2009, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about Greg Williams. Ron Meeks would have been a much better hire for you guys, IMO.

Ron Meeks? The same Ron Meeks that is easily the most vanilla DC in the league?

Haha, i guess neither of us are big fans of our ex defensive coordinators.

wogitalia
09-09-2009, 12:12 AM

I like your line more to be honest. We have a guy who may as well be a rookie replacing our 2nd best linemen. Loadholt is a rookie but if he isnt an upgrade at RT anyway I would be shocked. Herrera is solid, McKinnie is fine until you ask him to pass block. Just not sold on our line, I think the + Loadholt - Birk thing puts us about where we were last year, which is average in run blocking and below average at pass protection. You guys, if healthy, have the most cohesive looking line. Bears are also on the same sort of level if healthy, which is an even bigger if for them.

Basically, Vikes have the "healthiest" line, Bears probably have the most talented and Vikes have the most cohesive. None of them are outstanding, basically 3 lines that define average.

I hope you mean it when you say Clay Matthews will be fine, Nostradamus. Matthews looked solid in camp before he got hurt and now it's been nagging him throughout preseason.

I think health may always be a thing with him, but I like him as a prospect anyway, probably the type of guy who will play 12-14 games a season though. I'm a massive Hawk and Barnett fan though, just got to find a way to best utilise them in a 3-4 which really doesn't appear to suit their strengths, but both are so talented they will make it work.

Cullen Jenkins was playing at a pro bowl level last year before going down for the season. He will be the most vital part to our defense, yes whole defense, this year. If he goes down then our whole front 7 takes a huge hit, almost irreplaceable on the end which opens up our whole defense.

Basically he is the guy, he can be your Seymour pretty much in that 3-4. I hope Raji gets plenty of time also, he can be special for you guys. My biggest concern was with Kampman, but he has been fine so far, he always looked so robotic and stiff when he was upright that I worried about him from a standing start, but he looks fine and I think there is little doubt you guys have by far the best secondary in the division. I would argue you have the 2 of the 3 best CBs and the best safeties.

That all said, your defense has been more than a little bit injury prone and your backups are not in the same class as your starters. That said, I expect all 4 teams to be solid on defense, Bears and Lions are a notch below the other two, but all should be solid, its the offensive class that seperates Green Bay.

It should also be one of the most competitive divisions. NFC East, AFC South and AFC North are the only divisions that I look at as on an equal level as far as competition and actually producing a superbowl winner.

Shiver
09-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I love the NFC North this year. But when all is said and done I look for these factors to play a role:

1. Brett Favre will fade down the stretch. This isn't even a question. He doesn't have the youthful vigor or the conditioning from training camp to sustain production past the few two months of the season.

2. Jay Cutler is great, so is Matt Forte; that being said I think the Bears' lack of receivers, pass rush and secondary will be their undoing.

Ergo I like the Packers in this division.

d34ng3l021
09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
I love the NFC North this year. But when all is said and done I look for these factors to play a role:

1. Brett Favre will fade down the stretch. This isn't even a question. He doesn't have the youthful vigor or the conditioning from training camp to sustain production past the few two months of the season.

2. Jay Cutler is great, so is Matt Forte; that being said I think the Bears' lack of receivers, pass rush and secondary will be their undoing.

I don't think Cutler will have a great year in his first season with the Bears. I am not saying that he will be bad, but I think he takes too many risks for their style of play (good defense and running game).

The Packers defense is really talented. Cullen Jenkins displayed his importance to the team when he went down last year. BJ Raji was a top pick. Kampman was a great DE and looks to have made a good transition. Nick Barnett, Clay Matthews, and AJ Hawk round out the LB corp, which is pretty insane (if Barnett can play at his previous level and Matthews and Hawk live up to their potential, then thats a great unit). We already know about the beastliness of Charles Woodson and add a playmaking safety in Nick Collins, even the secondary doesn't look bad. Thats a lot of talent. Its almost scary to think that Dom Capers might utilize it all.

Geo
09-09-2009, 01:17 AM
You forgot the Jags over the Colts in Indy ;)
Yeah ... that must ... have slipped ... my mind ...

http://lgo.mit.edu/blog/drewhill/files/nuclear-explosion.jpg

wogitalia
09-09-2009, 01:33 AM

It's not just their secondary. The DL has been horrible(injuries haven't helped) and their LB group has quite possibly become the weakest part of the defense. In fact, based on last years performance you could argue their secondary as their best performed defensive unit.

I am not saying that he will be bad, but I think he takes too many risks for their style of play (good defense and running game).

They are in serious trouble then. The defense is below average, has been for a couple of years and is trending downwards to boot and their running game is average at best. Below 4ypc, 15TDs, close to half by QBs is not a running game you will succeed with if you have a bad year from the QB. Basically the Bears go backwards unless Cutler lifts them.

We already know about the beastliness of Charles Woodson and add a playmaking safety in Nick Collins, even the secondary doesn't look bad.

Throw in Harris and Bigby and you have a damn good secondary if it stays healthy, amongst the best in the league even. Tramon Williams looks pretty damn good as well for the longterm. The more you look at that defense, the scarier it actually is, from the youngest team in the league no less... It makes me a little sick inside ;)

Thecollegedropout
09-09-2009, 01:33 AM
I think the loss of Pace realy hurts them because it means there is no real dominant pass rush threat. Darrelle Revis is a great young CB but he is going up against in my opinion the best WR in the NFL. Plus with Owen Daniels at TE and Slaton I think the Texans will be able to put up just enough points. I really think any team that scores more than 14 on a given week against the Jets will have a very good chance at winning the game. There is just not enough offense for them outside Leon Washington and Dustin Keller
Thing is we can just do one thing to HOU if their Run D looked that bad as it did vs MIN(I know Jones is no All Day but he had the better year last yr in terms of rushing yds I think) is we can control the clock and just keep running, running and running with the occasional dink and dunk/small throws by Sanchez to keep the D's honest....since Sanchez will probably be babied early in the year.

You control the clock and keep that Houston offense off the field, its a win. It'll get the QB and O-Line off sync and off rhythm and will give them less of a chance to fire up on our lack of a pass rush.

wogitalia
09-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Thing is we can just do one thing to HOU if their Run D looked that bad as it did vs MIN(I know Jones is no All Day but he had the better year last yr in terms of rushing yds I think) is we can control the clock and just keep running, running and running with the occasional dink and dunk/small throws by Sanchez to keep the D's honest....since Sanchez will probably be babied early in the year.

Outside of that one run their run D was actually really good against us, DeMeco Ryans was beasting out there. I'm picking the Texans in this one but it would not surprise me at all if the Jets did win, they have a lot of talent through out their team, especially in the trenches.

Shiver
09-09-2009, 11:30 AM
The Texans are getting Brian Cushing and Dunta Robinson back for week 1. I think their D will be better than what they showed this preseason.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Chris Hope is the SS, and Griffin is the FS. Both went to the Pro Bowl last season. Griffin actually had 2 INT's last season in the game against Pittsburgh.

If Tennessee blitzes, it could really come from anywhere - NB, MLB, S, OLB. I don't think we'll blitz too frequently, though.

I'm really not too worried about the pass-rush. The Titans got 5 sacks in last year's game, and that was without Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch in the line-up. Both missed the game with injuries.

It will be an interesting game that's for sure. I am sure both teams will use last years game as a model as well as the most recent games too. But I am curious to see how many times you guys blitz. I know LeBeau will send his guys after Carrie Collins, so it will be interesting to see how and where you guys bring pressure from when you do blitz.

We had 5 sacks as well, but that happens when you play the Steelers.. Ben holds the ball til the last moment which is a double edge sword. So I would guess you would get some tomorrow just because he is waiting until the last moment to find someone.

Gay Ork Wang
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
It's not just their secondary. The DL has been horrible(injuries haven't helped) and their LB group has quite possibly become the weakest part of the defense. In fact, based on last years performance you could argue their secondary as their best performed defensive unit.

Wait what? that is laughable....

also the DL is being taught by one of the best DL Coaches in the league right now, so yea there should be improvement. Secondary is by far the worst unit on the defense. Bowman and Steltz might start, two guys who havent started a game yet

tjsunstein
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM

Wait, you didn't comment on the Lions? I don't know if I like everyone writing off the Bears because of their lack of wide recievers. Greg Olsen is more talented than Tony Schefftler and Matt Forte can catch passes out of the backfield. Earl Bennett out of Vanderbilt is, I believe, going in to his third year and coul quite possibly become a very solid target. They do lack a true #1 but they have some options there that they can work with.

Throw in Harris and Bigby and you have a damn good secondary if it stays healthy, amongst the best in the league even. Tramon Williams looks pretty damn good as well for the longterm. The more you look at that defense, the scarier it actually is, from the youngest team in the league no less... It makes me a little sick inside ;)

Harris and Bigby are hardly anything to write home about. Tramon Williams still needs work and I'm glad he's still the #3 for now. He often gets beat for big plays. Bigby has hopefully improved in coverage and become a more complete strong safety rather than one that's head hunting. Dom Capers is going to have a lot of fun with Bigby if he has shown to the staff that he can be trusted.

All this talk makes me more and more excited for Sunday night.

awfullyquiet
09-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Wait what? that is laughable....

also the DL is being taught by one of the best DL Coaches in the league right now, so yea there should be improvement. Secondary is by far the worst unit on the defense. Bowman and Steltz might start, two guys who havent started a game yet

Your right. Two of the top 25 LB's in the last 10 years... and it's suddenly the weakest part of the defense?

The DL is going to be better. Injury has killed it, but, with increase in depth, more playing time for Idonije, Mark Anderson looking like he still has a little left in him... Heck, the DL's inability to create pressure makes the secondary look bad, and they're really not that awful... well. Maybe Danieal Manning.

Really though, I think everyone going bonkers over how good Minnesota is now that they have Favre are just one injury to predicting how good Minnesota is with Jackson, and another 9-7 season... or if AD goes down, teams will key on Favre.

Edit: Greg Olsen is probably the #1 WR on the team.

Gay Ork Wang
09-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Danieal manning actually was pretty decent or even great at Nickel. Just not at anything else

Vox Populi
09-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I ignored all the reading I was supposed to do for class and I put together some predictions on the season, and I felt I wasn't important enough to have my own thread, without further ado.....

AFC East
1. Patriots (14-2)
2. Dolphins (7-9)
3. Bills (7-9)
4. Jets (7-9)

AFC North
1. Steelers (13-3)
2. Ravens (12-4)
3. Browns (5-11)
4. Bengals (3-13)

AFC South
1. Colts (12-4)
2. Texans (10-6)
3. Titans (8-8)
4. Jaguars (7-9)

AFC West
1. Chargers (9-7)
2. Chiefs (6-10)
3. Broncos (5-11)
4. Raiders (5-11)

NFC East
1. Eagles (13-3)
2. Giants (10-6)
3. Cowboys (8-8)
4. Redskins (6-10)

NFC North
1. Vikings (11-5)
2. Packers (11-5)
3. Bears (8-8)
4. Lions (4-12)

NFC South
1. Saints (9-7)
2. Falcons (8-8)
3. Buccaneers (6-10)
4. Panthers (6-10)

NFC West
1. Cardinals (10-6)
2. Seahawks (8-8)
3. 49ers (6-10)
4. My Rams (2-14)

Not to be a dick and single you out, but EVERY time someone does this and guesses at team's final records they ALWAYS do it wrong. You have it so that 277 games are won in the season and 235 are lost. A season has to finish with an overall record of 256-256 obviously and almost no one EVER bothers to adjust their predictions accordingly. Just one of my random ass hole pet peeves when it comes to people making NFL predictions.

/rant

Also, ******* STOKED ON STEELERS-TITANS GAME!!! Unfortunately, I'll probably have to be looking forward to watching other team's play besides the Bills because I think they are going to be **** awful this year with their completely new offensive line. I do however think Maybin will be a force against the pass and put up at least 7.5 sacks on the year and as a team we will have more sacks than last year (not saying much) and our short-mid range pass defense should be much improved, deep game, ehhhnnn... not very confident in our safeties to help our corners out too much on the deep ball. Probably another 7-9 season for us that will be helped by a pretty weak schedule for the most part and HOPEFULLY, Jauron's last season as our head coach. Bring us Mike Shanahan please.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Apparently, Quinn won the QB job over at Cleveland.

http://twitter.com/terrellowens/statuses/3868831652

http://www.rotowire.com/Brady-Quinn-googid170868-spnfl.htm

Smooth Criminal
09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Everyone expected the move the entire offseason. No need to try to keep this kind of thing secret Mangini, its not gonna help. Nothing can help that cursed franchise.

diabsoule
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm excited about the Saints-Lions game but I'm even more excited about watching my boy Louis Delmas play.

M.O.T.H.
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
This week is taking forever.

aNYtitan
09-09-2009, 04:17 PM
27 hours til kickoff tomorrow

I really can't wait for my Football fix now, and if the Titans can win tomorrow opening up the season against the defending champions at Heinz Field, it will be a hell of an upset and they could ride that momentum for the following weeks

kalbears13
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
My predictions. They're weird but I didn't want to have what everyone else has. And yes Vox, it does add up to equal wins and losses.

Bold = Divison Winners
Italic = Wild Card

AFC North
1. Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)
3. Cleveland Browns (7-9)
4. Baltimore Ravens (6-10)

AFC South
1. Tennessee Titans (11-5)
2. Houston Texans (11-5)
3. Indianapolis Colts (10-6)
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9)

AFC West
1. San Diego Chargers (11-5)
2. Denver Broncos (7-9)
3. Kansas City Chiefs (5-11)
4. Oakland Raiders (2-14)

AFC East
1. New England Patriots (12-4)
2. Miami Dolphins (10-6)
3. Buffalo Bills (7-9)
4. New York Jets (3-13)

NFC North
1. Green Bay Packers (13-3)
2. Chicago Bears (11-5)
3. Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
4. Detroit Lions (3-13)

NFC South
1. New Orleans Saints (11-5)
2. Atlanta Falcons (9-7)
3. Carolina Panthers (8-8)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)

NFC West
1. Arizona Cardinals (10-6)
2. San Francisco 49ers (9-7)
3. Seattle Seahawks (8-8)
4. St. Louis Rams (4-12)

NFC East
1. Philadelphia Eagles (12-4)
2. New York Giants (9-7)
3. Dallas Cowboys (5-11)
4. Washington Redskins (4-12)

Wild Card

3. Titans over 6. Steelers
5. Texans over 4. Bengals

3. Saints over 6. Falcons
4. Cardinals over 5. Bears

Divisional

1. Patriots over 5. Texans
3. Titans over 2. Chargers

1. Packers over 4. Cardinals
3. Saints over 2. Eagles

Conference

3. Titans over 1. Patriots
1. Packers over 3. Saints

Super Bowl

Packers over Titans

Vox Populi
09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
You had to see this post coming if you read my earlier post in this thread, but it is impossible for your regular season predictions to be accurate, kalbears13 since you are predicting that somehow the league will finish 257-255... I'm going to be that guy lol.

kalbears13
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
You had to see this post coming if you read my earlier post in this thread, but it is impossible for your regular season predictions to be accurate, kalbears13 since you are predicting that somehow the league will finish 247-265... I'm going to be that guy lol.

haha I was sure I did the math right. That's why I even said I did it right in the beginning. So yes I did see your post.

EDIT: I just checked my math and I got 257-255. I must have been off by 1. I'll fix it somewhere in there. (Sorry Seahawks, you're losing 1 win.)

tjsunstein
09-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Bowl

Packers over Titans

You're awesome. The Packers sure did gain a ton of momentum this preseason. Adam Scheffler and Chris Mortenson both picked Green Bay to represent the NFC. We shall see.

Vox Populi
09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I even messed up a wee bit and wrote you had 247 wins originally in my post ;)

At least your head was in the right place and you considered the league's winning percentage has to be .500 overall. Thanks. I may rest in peace now *vanishes into the darkness*

kalbears13
09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I even messed up a wee bit and wrote you had 247 wins originally in my post ;)

At least your head was in the right place and you considered the league's winning percentage has to be .500 overall. Thanks. I may rest in peace now *vanishes into the darkness*

Well if the Raiders and Lions were to play, is it possible that both teams could lose???

the decider13
09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Interesting Broncos info (since no one goes to the team forum):

Mario Haggan was named a defensive captain and DJ Williams was not.
Marshall is currently discussing a contract extension with the team.
Orton is planning on playing week one, but isn't completely sure.
Gaffney, Kuper, Moreno, Orton and Simms were all limited in practice.

SuperMcGee
09-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Interesting Broncos info (since no one goes to the team forum):

Mario Haggan was named a defensive captain and DJ Williams was not.
Marshall is currently discussing a contract extension with the team.
Orton is planning on playing week one, but isn't completely sure.
Gaffney, Kuper, Moreno, Orton and Simms were all limited in practice.

Mario Haggan rules!
I'm really glad to see him in a prominent position now. Hope he does well, even if the big hopes are for the next guy.

Vox Populi
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Mario Haggan rules!
I'm really glad to see him in a prominent position now. Hope he does well, even if the big hopes are for the next guy.

holy crap, man. I'm stoked to hear that too. He never really had a chance in Buffalo with Spikes, Posey and Fletcher clogging up the lineup when we had a great defense with Williams and Adams up front and then Nate, Winfield and Milloy back deep. Where did it all go :|

Anyways, enough remembering how awesome our defense once was... great to hear Haggan is coming up in the league now, he was an awesome special teamer for the Bills and its awesome that hes getting a shot, even if he is already a pretty veteran player in the league (6th year now for him?)

the decider13
09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Glad to see some Haggan love. Broncos just signed him to a two year extension, so they must really like what they see. Now I'm pretty stoked to see him on the field, I wasn't really looking for him during preseason.

M.O.T.H.
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
5-11? Only way Dallas goes 5-11 is if Romo, Witten, and Ware fall off the face of the earth. I mean really, the team looks faster and more talented than last year. They're injury free when it comes to the starters and we play the AFC West this year. Come on.

Hines
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Bengals winning the division and Baltimore goes 6-10? I hate the Ravens, but there is no chance in hell they do that bad and the Bengals win the division.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I think the Bengals will win 9 games this season but they will not win the division or be a better team then the Ravens and Steelers. A lot of his predictions are outrageous but maybe it will be another crazy year

yodabear
09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Not to be a dick and single you out, but EVERY time someone does this and guesses at team's final records they ALWAYS do it wrong. You have it so that 277 games are won in the season and 235 are lost. A season has to finish with an overall record of 256-256 obviously and almost no one EVER bothers to adjust their predictions accordingly. Just one of my random ass hole pet peeves when it comes to people making NFL predictions.

/rant.

I musta went wrong somewhere, I tried to go week by week for teams and I don't care. **** math, **** it up the ass. EDIT: U may wanna check ur math.....I just checked and I got 256....Good Work there.

Vox Populi
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I musta went wrong somewhere, I tried to go week by week for teams and I don't care. **** math, **** it up the ass. EDIT: U may wanna check ur math.....I just checked and I got 256....Good Work there.

Drunk calculator is drunk. I think my calculator is drunk by the way. Either way, my rant remains valid for people who just forget about it and assign random totals.

kalbears13
09-09-2009, 09:35 PM
5-11? Only way Dallas goes 5-11 is if Romo, Witten, and Ware fall off the face of the earth. I mean really, the team looks faster and more talented than last year. They're injury free when it comes to the starters and we play the AFC West this year. Come on.

Bengals winning the division and Baltimore goes 6-10? I hate the Ravens, but there is no chance in hell they do that bad and the Bengals win the division.

I think the Bengals will win 9 games this season but they will not win the division or be a better team then the Ravens and Steelers. A lot of his predictions are outrageous but maybe it will be another crazy year

I think my predictions are probably bold but they're no more crazy than
if I had said last year that the Patriots wouldn't make the playoffs and the Dolphins would.

yodabear
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Drunk calculator is drunk. I think my calculator is drunk by the way. Either way, my rant remains valid for people who just forget about it and assign random totals.

i completely understand. I don't like it either, like people having the NFC west winning 30+ games....thats rediculous, and prolly impossible to have a 256-256 thing. But yeah, I don't like that either.

kalbears13
09-09-2009, 09:43 PM
i completely understand. I don't like it either, like people having the NFC west winning 30+ games....thats rediculous, and prolly impossible to have a 256-256 thing. But yeah, I don't like that either.

.............................:D

tjsunstein
09-09-2009, 09:55 PM

You went week by week? Nice, who did you have Green Bay losing to?

Flyboy
09-09-2009, 10:54 PM

If preseason is any indication, our defense will at least be attacking and poised to create turnovers against offenses. Gary Gibbs was just horrid with his "bend but don't break" scheme. People are either high on Williams or they think he's overrated, but I think he will drastically improve our defense. Time will tell.

With that said, this Lion game has trapped written all over it and is making me nervous as hell. Oh vey.

Thecollegedropout
09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
The Texans are getting Brian Cushing and Dunta Robinson back for week 1. I think their D will be better than what they showed this preseason.
Its tough to expect a rookie to just emerge right away in week 1 and a disgruntled CB coming off a season ending injury to suddenly find it again and be effective.

It'll be a tough game I will say that but I think Jets have a decent shot at winning.

Hines
09-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I am pretty excited that today will probably go by fast. I got school untill 12:45, then I am going to work out untill 2. When I get home, I will probably take a little nap, watch pregame, and then the game will be on.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!

Don Vito
09-10-2009, 11:52 AM
This Terrible Towel segment on sportcenter is awesome, Myron Cope was really a great guy. I bet LenDale feels like an asshole haha

Smooth Criminal
09-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Thats why Steelers fans are very defensive of the towel. Other teams fans try to say its stupid but really it has a proud tradition and serves a great cause. Not to mention so many teams try to copy it at there home games.

I really want Lendale to get layed out today. Let him know he can't just run his mouth to make headlines to make up for being a nobody on the field.

DoughBoy
09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Wow, a bet a towel has never gotten more attention than this week. You would think LenDale stomped on the american flag.

DoughBoy
09-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Thats why Steelers fans are very defensive of the towel. Other teams fans try to say its stupid but really it has a proud tradition and serves a great cause. Not to mention so many teams try to copy it at there home games.

I really want Lendale to get layed out today. Let him know he can't just run his mouth to make headlines to make up for being a nobody on the field.

Its a towel.

Brodeur
09-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Its a towel.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/9900/towelie.gif

NY+Giants=NYG
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Since this is the week 1 thread, I will add some stuff about the Redskins-Giants game I expect to see sunday.

- The # of different screens we ran. I want to see if we install any of these concepts, we ran during the 1st preseason game against the Panthers, during this game. This would include:

1. RB Screens
2. WR Screens, hot and bubble
3. TE screens

- Another thing I saw during the preseason was when we ran our usual draw or delay when are in a shotgun formation, be it 2 X 2 or 3 X 1. But I did see us fake the draw, and use play action and go deep. So will we see that? Perhaps we run that draw 2-4 times this game to set them up, before we try the play action off it. I will be looking for that too.

- Another thing is if the Redskins bring a safety down. I know they did a lot last year too, and would play C3 or C1MF. So if they do play with a single high safety, what concepts do we run against that? So to be even more specific, I am talking about what cover beaters will we run? If we are, indeed, planning on going deep, then I am curious to see if we run coverage beaters to take adv. of a single high safety look.

- Finally if our counter power G, fails because of the pressure by AH, then will we see more ISOs and LEADs being called? Maybe we have a new running concept we have yet to show. We have seemed to add a new one every year, so perhaps we will show something new this year. So I will be watching for that too.

Vox Populi
09-10-2009, 12:52 PM

I don't think anyone who isn't a member of the Steelers organization or a Steelers fan should be upset and want to see Lendale get smoked for doing that. I mean, look at it for what it is, he was trying to get his team going and for how intense that game was, I think it was something no one in the Titans organization should feel sorry about. Unless of course the Steelers light them up and make them pay for it forever ;)

CC.SD
09-10-2009, 12:55 PM
All this towel discussion is finally my breaking point...and just in time for football season to finally ******* start!

diabsoule
09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Saints LT Jammal Brown is going to be out at least 6 weeks after having hip surgery. Well, I guess we're see how good Jermon Bushrod is.

Splat
09-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Saints LT Jammal Brown is going to be out at least 6 weeks after having hip surgery. Well, I guess we're see how good Jermon Bushrod is.

Pretty lame.

Sniper
09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Its a towel.

ZOMGZ BUT IT'S A TERRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE TOWELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Honestly, who gives a ****? Steelers fans look like ******* six-year-olds with those things and the hissy fits they throw over them.

DoughBoy
09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/9900/towelie.gif

**** YOU TOWELIE!!!! Wanna get high?

Flyboy
09-10-2009, 04:14 PM

gogogo Bushrod! That's all I can say... ack.

TitanHope
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow, a bet a towel has never gotten more attention than this week. You would think LenDale stomped on the american flag.

Stomping the Terrible Towel is like curb stomping a child with Down's syndrome.

You just don't do it, no matter how tempting it is...wait...

Eaglez.Fan
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know Donnie Avery's injury status for week one?

+rep

wonderbredd24
09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/73903/

None of those returns are unexpected but the speed with which Avery has moved in the direction of a comeback is a bit surprising.

Avery suffered a stress fracture in his foot during the team’s scrimmage at Lindenwood University on Aug. 7. At the time, the injury was diagnosed as a four to six week recovery from the injury.

Avery is not back fully as Spagnuolo maintains that the work he, Carriker and Carter are doing in practice is part of their rehabilitation. Nonetheless, Avery was on the practice field Tuesday catching a pair of touchdowns and running around as fast as ever.
“I knew it wasn’t going to take me four to six weeks,” Avery said. “I just, in my head knew I was going to come back soon. Like I tell my teammates, I run fast but I heal faster.”

Apparently so. The original diagnosis would have had Avery possibly missing the season opener against Seattle. Considering he’s running and practicing even if in a limited capacity well in advance of that game, it’s hard to imagine a scenario in which he won’t be ready to play against the Seahawks barring a setback.

When asked if he has any doubt about being prepared for that contest, Avery says he has “None. Zero at all.”

Avery has spent the past few weeks staying in his playbook to ensure that he doesn’t fall behind on the process of learning the new offense.

Hines
09-10-2009, 04:30 PM

I bet he would.

Sniper
09-10-2009, 04:36 PM
I bet he would.

Doesn't change the fact that you're crying over a ******* towel.

KCJ58
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
LenDale White was on Jim Rome is Burning that was really funny correspondent piece

diabsoule
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM

But this is coming from a fanbase that pelting Santa with snowballs.

Sniper
09-10-2009, 04:41 PM
But this is coming from a fanbase that pelting Santa with snowballs.

I'm wondering what the relevance here is.

diabsoule
09-10-2009, 04:42 PM

You're saying how you can't see how Pittsburgh fans get upset over a towel when Philly fans are callous enough to pelt a beloved figure like Santa with snowballs and boos. I can paint you a picture if you want.

Hines
09-10-2009, 04:43 PM

I didn't say anything in this thread about Lendale stomping on the towel. Other Steeler fans did, but not me. I was just being an asshole and stated that LenDale would probably stomp on the American flag too.

Splat
09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Bailey to Ocho Cinco's prediction: bring it on (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbroncosbailey&prov=st&type=lgns)

Sniper
09-10-2009, 06:06 PM
You're saying how you can't see how Pittsburgh fans get upset over a towel when Philly fans are callous enough to pelt a beloved figure like Santa with snowballs and boos. I can paint you a picture if you want.

Oh no, they booed a fake, drunk person! What terrible people they are!

Skip on the painting of pictures, focus more on things like using relevant and good examples. kthxbai.

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I didn't say anything in this thread about Lendale stomping on the towel. Other Steeler fans did, but not me. I was just being an asshole and stated that LenDale would probably stomp on the American flag too.

Yeah you are being an asshole on that one. Thats really just taking it a step over

Hines
09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah you are being an asshole on that one. Thats really just taking it a step over

Oh it's all in good fun, no harm in it.

Oh, Nate Washington is starting tonight. I hope Ryan Clark nails him. :D

TitleTown088
09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
I didn't catch it either.

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh it's all in good fun, no harm in it.

Oh, Nate Washington is starting tonight. I hope Ryan Clark nails him. :D

I would just say your WR's better watch crossing the middle with the best safety tandem in the league.

Hines
09-10-2009, 06:22 PM
I would just say your WR's better watch crossing the middle with the best safety tandem in the league.

I'm more worried about you killing Ben than you killing Hines and company.

Vox Populi
09-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Is that Mike Tomlin singing for BEP? Oh, never mind thats Will.I.Am.

The Unseen
09-10-2009, 07:04 PM
My boner for football went away upon seeing the Black Eyes Peas.

Vox Populi
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, but Mike Tomlin is covering Will.I.Am for them so its all good.

General Zod
09-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Fergie in tight leather pants.

Thank you.

(mute button......engage!)

Brodeur
09-10-2009, 07:16 PM
This music ******* sucks.

Paul
09-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Fergie in tight leather pants.

Thank you.

(mute button......engage!)

Yeah, but then they panned up to her face.

Splat
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
This music ******* sucks.

But but they got Timmy!!! :rolleyes:

Vox Populi
09-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Claiming Titans as my 2nd favourite team this year since I'm going to need a team to support once the Bills are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in like week 9...

Brodeur
09-10-2009, 07:25 PM
I'd rather watch SportsCenter than more of this pregame filth.

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 07:26 PM
God, what the **** is tim mcgraw signing about? Why am I listening? Should have went back to my video game.

But ETA less then 4 minutes for a new season of football

MetSox17
09-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah, that Tim McGraw song was absolutely terrible.

islandboy843
Lets Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the decider13
Yeah, but then they panned up to her face.

That totally ruined the moment for me.

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that Tim McGraw song was absolutely terrible.

It made absolutely no ****** sense at all. Just a rambling bunch of people and other things.

And BOO!

KCJ58
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
the real quesion is...

...are you ready for some football?

Gay Ork Wang
09-10-2009, 07:32 PM
It Is ******* Starting!

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
I can deal with Michaels and Collinsworth, not Collinsworth and whoever is that inept analyst that does madden. Tom something

The Unseen
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
FOOTBALL

**** yeah

!!!!!!!!!!

TitanHope
09-10-2009, 07:37 PM
KVB is ready for the season to start...

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b84f69e2010536c4c026970c-550wi

Are you?

Sniper
09-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Roethlisberger looks way chunked up.

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 07:39 PM
During the pregame, Jevon Kearse has predicted our record after 10 games

http://blog.nj.com/jets_impact/2008/11/medium_jevon-kearse-titans.jpg

Brodeur
09-10-2009, 07:39 PM
The best performer of the night right there.

Vox Populi
09-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Just Put The Ball On A Tee And Kick It Already Ffs :|

islandboy843
09-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Let Go Lets Go Lets Go F*** This Talkin. Start The Damn Game

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 07:41 PM
The most violent team is going to win - Mike Tomlin

The man gained some points in my book

Here we go. See you during long comercial breaks

KCJ58
09-10-2009, 07:41 PM
And Here We Go...

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Wow. Frank Summers can't block

MetSox17
09-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Lol, Roethlisberger with the ***** arm.

islandboy843
3 and out yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aNYtitan
3 and out, though we almost got killed on that big pass

Todd Bertuzzi
Great punt.

Brodeur
09-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Jake Scott's beard is out of control.

dpl85
Damn the rain knocked out my sat signal right before kickoff.

MetSox17
LOL, Bo Scaife: "The real UT"

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Ahmard Hall reppin it for the Corps

Sniper
Troy is sick. Nice submarine tackle.

MetSox17
Wow Polamalu. Beast.

Vox Populi
yes, thats troy polamalu hahaha.

SuperKevin
Troy Polamalu just flew in there! That was a missile

islandboy843
I expected that...

Gay Ork Wang
Polamalumissle

Paul
09-10-2009, 07:47 PM
**** damn I love Polamamlu

JT Jag
Troy Polamalu still doesn't know how to tackle. That said, he's still the best strong safety in the NFL.

tjsunstein
So that's why Polamalu is a 99 in Madden. He's so good.

Why do I feel like Collingsworth is chuckling every time he talks?

Gay Ork Wang
wait what? Polamalu cant tackle?

Splat
Troy Polamauumunmuuuu in mid season form.

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
I was like was he coming in on a blitz, and no he was supposed to be in man to man coverage, and he wrecked the play. The field position didn't help either though

Brodeur
09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
So that's why Polamalu is a 99 in Madden. He's so good.

Why do I feel like Collingsworth is chuckling every time he talks?

Probably because people keep calling him Collingsworth.

Splat
09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
The field position didn't help either though

Yep pretty much were SOL.

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Probably because people keep calling him Collingsworth.

That's because they are protesting his brazen lack of the letter "h" in his name

JT Jag
wait what? Polamalu cant tackle?He only wraps up maybe a third of the time. That said, he has PERFECTED the diving pursuit takedown.

TitanHope
Tony Brown: Chattanooga, TN

<333

wonderbredd24
09-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Pittsburgh

Your offensive line sucks

Brodeur
Really Cris? You can't convince any Pitt fan that Miller is the best TE in the NFL?

Any of the Steelers fans think Heath Miller is the best TE in the NFL?

MetSox17
Yeah, funny thing though, Pittsburgh is the only place in the country where people will think Heath Miller is the best TE in the NFL.

Gay Ork Wang
so many screens

Gay Ork Wang
09-10-2009, 07:52 PM
hahaha good job ben. almost

wonderbredd24
so many screens

Cuz their offensive line sucks

bernbabybern820
Face palm Big Ben

Sniper
Throwing the ball away is so overrated.

aNYtitan
Jason Jones ftw

Rothlesberger for the loss

islandboy843
Remember him Big BEN

JT Jag
Learn2throw the damn ball away Ben

SuperKevin
Ben Roethlisberger should have thrown it away although maybe he knew he couldn't reach the line of scrimmage

MetSox17
09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Did Ben get them out of FG range? lol

M.O.T.H.
Not this time Big Ben. I love Jason Jones.

TitanHope
JASON JONEZ!!!

He had a huge game last year. Big Ben nearly got away, which would've been a helluva play.

Finny is returning punts! I heard rumors about that. Hope he does well.

Gay Ork Wang
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Jason Jones ftw

Rothlesberger for the loss
Roethlisberger :P

but yea that OL doesnt look good

aNYtitan
Did Ben get them out of FG range? lol

He did indeed, didn't go down the first time, which still would have been field goal range, but backed up and got sacked for a 19 yard loss.

Like many titans fans have been saying, Jason Jones is going to fill in nicely in Fat Al's former spot

islandboy843
This isn't the Cardinals DLine Ben

steelersfan43
09-10-2009, 07:55 PM
That screen was the coolest play ive ever seen.. i feel like there will be great success with that play.

Ben throw the ball please

Splat
I'm a big fan of Heath Miller and think he is better even then his stats show but saying he is the best TE in the NFL is laughable.

islandboy843
Cjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Brodeur
Chris Johnson is good.

MetSox17
And people say that speed at RB is overrated.

Pwned Polamalu

Gay Ork Wang
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
CJ just outran the angle

JT Jag
Troy Polamalu probably racks up more late hit penalties than any other starting safety.

TitanHope
Levy is about to get boo'd.

Surprised the Titans got that call @ Heinz Field.

SuperKevin
I guess it's hard to stop when you run a 4.35 40 right Troy?

wonderbredd24
The Titans are gonna win.

It's all in the line play. The Titans get a huge push and the Steelers offensive line is terrible.

islandboy843
Titans O are making me jizz right now

wonderbredd24
09-10-2009, 07:57 PM
And people say that speed at RB is overrated.

Pwned Polamalu

Wait, when is speed ever overrated?

bantx
09-10-2009, 07:57 PM
let me see some lendale

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Alge, that's why you're going to be 3rd string when Cook comes back

Brodeur
Why is Alge Crumpler still there?

islandboy843
You Fat ass Al

TitanHope
Crumpler heard footsteps on that one.

YOU WEIGH 300 POUNDS! TAKE THE HIT!

:D

KCJ58
Craig Stevens would have caught both passes & then some

steelersfan43
wow algee crumpler is soooo fat

islandboy843
I will gladly take a FG

JT Jag
And the drive hits a brick wall.

Why did the Titans get away from the run game?

SuperKevin
Al Michaels with the jinx

islandboy843
09-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Todd Bertuzzi
Shanked by Bironas.

Splat
A rare miss.

JT Jag
This Bironas is not the one Titans fans remember.

Pssh. Josh Scobee would have nailed that kick every time.

TitanHope
Bironas missed?

I blame Crumpler.

Gay Ork Wang
09-10-2009, 08:00 PM
This Bironas is not the one Titans fans remember.

Pssh. Josh Scobee would have nailed that kick every time.
And he still isnt as good as Gould!

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Get it out of your system Robby, we need you to come up clutch during the season. It looked like a mistiming though on the snap

The Unseen
09-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I will gladly take a FG

no soup for you

MetSox17
Is it just me or did the ball not look set properly by the holder?

SuperKevin
Lol. Handoff fail

islandboy843
This looking like old Titans.. Lots of yards...Less Points

M.O.T.H.
You're doing it wrong Rashard.

KCJ58
09-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Ben keeps the ball to dam long

Splat
Albert who?

Gay Ork Wang
was there a Oline blocking? didnt look like it

islandboy843
Haynesworth WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wonderbredd24
LOL Repeat

Wow the Steelers are ****** with that blocking

TitanHope
Blitz on 3rd Down?

I <3 Chuck Cecil!

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 08:03 PM
So are they going to give each of those 5 guys a .2 sack?

Brodeur
Oh Pittsburgh's line. How fun you are.

aNYtitan
Get used to the grass Ben, your going to be on it a lot.

And Mendenhall + Ben = fail

Vox Populi
haha, Starx was like... "heh, cool I have to block 3 guys, might as well touch none of 'em..."

wonderbredd24
Blitz on 3rd Down?

I <3 Chuck Cecil!

That was a sack if they dropped 10 into coverage. The Steelers OLine cannot block anyone

bernbabybern820
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
was there a Oline blocking? didnt look like it

No Oline would have been able to block that blitz. It was up to Big Ben to do something about it.

islandboy843
So right ST is keeping the Steelers in this game

aNYtitan
Is it just me or did the ball not look set properly by the holder?

I thought so too, said it was a mistiming cause the laces weren't out

wonderbredd24
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
No Oline would have been able to block that blitz. It was up to Big Ben to do something about it.

Are you serious? The Steelers cannot block anyone on the inside

Vox Populi
09-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I thought so too, said it was a mistiming cause the laces weren't out

I think it was the snap that was bad which caused the crappy hold. At least from what I saw on that play.

TitanHope
09-10-2009, 08:08 PM
LenDale White in between the 20's make me sad pants.

bernbabybern820
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Are you serious? The Steelers cannot block anyone on the inside

Ya i am. Starks had to block 3 people. Ya the oline sucks but there was nothing that the oline could do on that play.

islandboy843
Lendale catches.OMGGGGGGGGGG

SuperKevin
Polamalu has 5 tackles already

KCJ58
what an unreal pick

Gay Ork Wang
09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Polamalu is back.

Sniper
En ******* serio?

Brodeur
God damnit Kerry.

MetSox17
Yeah, so that guy, is pretty good.

islandboy843
Come on Kerry

WMD
Beautiful INT

JT Jag
Polamalu is Jesus.

Im_a_Romosexual
Polamalu is good

Splat
Thanks for the FF points Troy!!!

wonderbredd24
The Titans should have been the 4th team to fire their OC before the season

The Unseen
zomgz polamalu

Todd Bertuzzi
Catch of the year.

SuperKevin
Troy Polamalu=DPOY

Al Michaels with the Tila Tequila joke and the win

aNYtitan
Ahh Kenny, you will have to learn how to box those out.