PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Thumper
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
remember awhile ago when some article/source revealed that two NFC East teams had Taylor Mays as a LB? Do you think you guys would think your organization would?

Yes, the Giants and Eagles have to be those teams since the Redskins and Cowboys run 3-4s now and Taylor Mays would be a terrible 3-4 linebacker.

I think this is another reason why the Eagles are really pushing for Eric Berry or Earl Thomas.

superman8456
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I'd rather trade up for Haden or stay where we are to grab McCourty.

Thumper
04-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Eric Berry would be better, he can play CB, FS and SS. He is more athletic than Haden, has shown more positional versatility and he has shown more playmaking ability. Eric Berry is going to be a superstar safety, he has been playing at an NFL level for the past 2 seasons. And last season Monte Kiffin really did a lot of work with him, and he showed he could handle the defensive load of an allstar NFL player, he played 3 different spots last year and handled all of them well.

I don't know why Scott doesn't have Berry as an elite player, because he is the best player at 3 different spots (CB, FS, SS). At CB he is glue in man to man situations and he is a great press corner. He has the flexibility, the agility, the fluid hips and the balance to be the next shut down corner in the NFL. And would have great size if he were a corner coupled with his great tackling ability. And his technique at corner was also refined by Monte Kiffin and he has a great understanding of zone coverages. At FS he can do anything you asked of Dawk and more, in fact I would make the argument that Eric Berry will be better than Brian Dawkins if he plays FS for the Eagles.

Eric Berry isn't just pro-ready, he is superstar ready, within 2 years he will be a premeir safety in the NFL, he is well coached, he is intelligent, he is refined in his technique, he has all the athletic ability in the world, he is likeable, he is a good teammate, he is a hard worker and he has great instincts. If the Eagles get Eric Berry, they will have a superstar on their hands.

igglefanz
04-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Mays a genetic freak but still as big and fast as he is just should be a bigger Brian Dawkins. But he isn't anywhere close to him. I would only start looking at him as a project pick with late second round pick which he should be long gone by then. Bet ol Al Davis is staying up late at night wishing he had 2 picks in the first round so he could get Mays and Campbell from Maryland.

Also Clayton was saying this morning one of the people he feels the Eagles is targeting is Morgan from GT. I really don't like the idea of moving up for alot of the talent as one great person is bound to fall to us at 24 and we can get 3 positions addressed in 2 rounds. But Morgan is one i would like to see the Eagles reach for if we do trade up for as he is a true 4-3 DE and has it all not just a pass rusher or run stopper.

Really between Pouncy, Iupati, E Thomas, S Weatherspoon, Or one of the many DE's in Graham Griffen ect there will be at least one of these good upgrades at that 24 spot.

frubulubu
04-17-2010, 11:19 PM
If the Eagles trade up for a safety it better be Berry. If not just simply draft one in round 2. Berry is the only safety I would be glad the Eagles trade up to get. LB is not something AR does, so im not expecting that move.

Creek
04-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Read they may also be moving up for McClain. Seems unlikely to me, but you never know. I guess slide him outside next to Bradley. A lot of people rave about his football IQ, wouldn't be upset at all if they grabbed him, but we would have to move up pretty high. The only guy I think it's worth moving into the top 10-15 for is Berry. Other than that, wait to see who falls between Haden/Iupati/Wilson/Weatherspoon/Pouncey/Graham/Thomas and move up for one of them in the 16-23 range.

Creek has spoken.

SickwithIt1010
04-18-2010, 12:42 AM
If the Eagles trade up for a safety it better be Berry. If not just simply draft one in round 2. Berry is the only safety I would be glad the Eagles trade up to get. LB is not something AR does, so im not expecting that move.

Fully agree, Berry is the only one making a splash to get.

Morton
04-18-2010, 10:03 AM
I don't think the Eagles should move up in this draft if it requires any second round picks. The value of the players in the second round this year is too great to be giving up #37 or #55, or even both, just to grab a single player, no matter how great he projects to be.

If the Eagles can move up to grab their target by only giving up #24 and a third round pick, then I would approve. But obviously that won't be enough to move up into the top 10, so I think that Berry is completely out of the picture. I'm okay with that. I'd rather have quality depth and a safety like Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett in the 2nd round than to give up too much for Berry.

Morton
04-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Also, please don't trade up for Derrick Morgan.

Morgan = Jerome McDougle 2.0. I can feel it.

frubulubu
04-18-2010, 12:47 PM
I would be happy, if we stood pat and drafted, without trading up or down, in the first three rounds.

gpngc
04-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Hows W. Justice doing? Is he going to be counted on to be the #1 RT this season? Any chance they take a guy to compete with him early on?

igglefanz
04-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Hows W. Justice doing? Is he going to be counted on to be the #1 RT this season? Any chance they take a guy to compete with him early on?

I think the Eagles are set at RT let Stacey Andrews and Justice fight for the starting role but we will see.

Thumper
04-18-2010, 05:28 PM

He just signed a contract extension after a very good season. He is without a doubt the starting RT for next season. A depth pick is probably the only thing the Eagles take at OT.

Stacy Andrews is a OG and will compete with MJG and Nick Cole for the RG spot.

eaglesalltheway
04-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Eric Berry falls to the 9th pick and Andy Reid calls Buddy Nix to see how much it would cost to trade up and get him. Buddy Nix wants the 24th, 37th and 105th picks for the 9th overall pick. You're Andy Reid, what do you do?
IF Berry would be available, I'd be all for this. If moving up to grab Berry involves giving up one of the second rounders, I'm completely fine with that, as long as it wouldn't involve much more.
I don't think the Eagles should move up in this draft if it requires any second round picks. The value of the players in the second round this year is too great to be giving up #37 or #55, or even both, just to grab a single player, no matter how great he projects to be.

If the Eagles can move up to grab their target by only giving up #24 and a third round pick, then I would approve. But obviously that won't be enough to move up into the top 10, so I think that Berry is completely out of the picture. I'm okay with that. I'd rather have quality depth and a safety like Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett in the 2nd round than to give up too much for Berry.

As far as I see it, any possible trades moving up would be for Berry, unless the Eagles are REALLY playing the teams and faking their massive interest in Berry. But lets be honest, they have every reason to love him. But If the Eagles would give up 24 and 37, I'd hope they wouldn't give up any of their other picks in the top 3 rounds, otherwise the value isn't there. Ideally, I'd hope the Eagles would get a 4th or 5th rounder back for 24 and 37. But giving up 24 and 37 to move into the range to nab Berry would be a GREAT move.
Read they may also be moving up for McClain. Seems unlikely to me, but you never know. I guess slide him outside next to Bradley. A lot of people rave about his football IQ, wouldn't be upset at all if they grabbed him, but we would have to move up pretty high. The only guy I think it's worth moving into the top 10-15 for is Berry. Other than that, wait to see who falls between Haden/Iupati/Wilson/Weatherspoon/Pouncey/Graham/Thomas and move up for one of them in the 16-23 range.
Creek has spoken.

With how the Eagles value LBs, I can't see this story as one of those "leaked" war room blurbs, which is an attempt to make teams overdraft McClain so another one of the Eagles targets could fall to them. The more I think about the way this draft will work out, the more I think at least one of the Eagles top targets will be available, and maybe as many as 3, if they stay at 24.

cunningham06
04-19-2010, 01:06 AM
I don't know what it is, Pouncey is growing on me. I think I want him more than anyone beside a trade up for Eric Berry in the first round (even my homer UT players). A great center would do so much for both our run game and help Kolb out. Our offense would be looking real good for next season if we can plug in an above average C.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 01:24 AM
I don't know what it is, Pouncey is growing on me. I think I want him more than anyone beside a trade up for Eric Berry in the first round (even my homer UT players). A great center would do so much for both our run game and help Kolb out. Our offense would be looking real good for next season if we can plug in an above average C.

I am a huge fan of Pouncey. I'm right there with you, I can't say for sure who I want the most after Berry, but Pouncey is definitely in that #2 consideration with Wilson, Thomas, and Graham.

colide
04-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Has anyone thought of packaging our seconds or or 2nd late pick with an early third to get another 19-26 pick then using our first and a fith or sixth to trade to atl or some in the 17 to 20 range this will allow us to get wilson maybe thomas or wilson pouncey or hade pouncey or weatherspoon and wilson then we would still have our early second to fill our line backer and other needs and same with our thirds

Here's my mock/priority list
1 Kyle Wilson
2a nate allen or darrly washington ( I say washington if he's there
2b vlad ducaasse
3a rennie curran
3b ben tate ( or if no nate allen in the 2nd) chad jones ( love these two players)
4 donald butler
5 george selvie ( way overshadowed by jpp if I remember right he was said to be best devensive player going into 09 season

Players to thing about
Blount
D. Alexander
G hardy
J worlids
M burnett

Tell me what you all think ill prob get some hate towards all the lb love but we need play makers

TheFinisher
04-19-2010, 07:02 AM
How much confidence do you guys have in Demps and Macho as the starters at safety next season? Just curious... I personally loved Macho as a prospect

frubulubu
04-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Has anyone thought of packaging our seconds or or 2nd late pick with an early third to get another 19-26 pick then using our first and a fith or sixth to trade to atl or some in the 17 to 20 range this will allow us to get wilson maybe thomas or wilson pouncey or hade pouncey or weatherspoon and wilson then we would still have our early second to fill our line backer and other needs and same with our thirds

1 Kyle Wilson
2b vlad ducaasse
3a rennie curran
3b ben tate ( or if no nate allen in the 2nd) chad jones ( love these two players)
4 donald butler
5 george selvie ( way overshadowed by jpp if I remember right he was said to be best devensive player going into 09 season

Players to thing about
Blount
D. Alexander
G hardy
J worlids
M burnett

Tell me what you all think ill prob get some hate towards all the lb love but we need play makers

Welcome to the forum...Eagles have a ton of picks and its highly unlikely they use all 12. What I see them doing, is trading for picks next year.

colide
04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum...Eagles have a ton of picks and its highly unlikely they use all 12. What I see them doing, is trading for picks next year.

Thanks this is like the only forum without pennstate fan boys saying get bowman in the second and lee in the first

And I believe the same thing that's why i had like a priority list and its all changed now since we got ernie sims like an hour ago

So more corners and line mane will be coming and most likely a wide out and rb to

Benn tate baby

colide
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
By the way what is your number one sleeper in this draft mine is
Kevin Basped

Defensive End | Nevada | JR

Kid is a freak 6ft 4 26s
Every season he's recorded 10 sacks and 50 tackles with and avg of 14 tkls for loss
Look him up guys

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks this is like the only forum without pennstate fan boys saying get bowman in the second and lee in the first

And I believe the same thing that's why i had like a priority list and its all changed now since we got ernie sims like an hour ago

So more corners and line mane will be coming and most likely a wide out and rb to

Benn tate baby
Can't say I know much about him, but he seems to be one of those guys that is projected to go late but someone might take a chance on him much earlier than expected, a la Bryan Smith.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 01:47 PM

1 Kyle Wilson
2b vlad ducaasse
3a rennie curran
4 donald butler

Players to thing about
Blount
D. Alexander
G hardy
J worlids
M burnett

I have thought about it as well, combining the second rounders for another first and possibly getting two of the top targets, however, I find it less likelythan using 24 and other picks to move up. Its something to consider though. I'm not a fan of Chad Jones unless it is to be the backup SS, he doesn't have enough range to be a true playmaker for the Eagles. A SLB prospect is to be considered as you said, and if Tate was available at the end of the third, I would have no problems with that pick.

colide
04-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I have thought about it as well, combining the second rounders for another first and possibly getting two of the top targets, however, I find it less likelythan using 24 and other picks to move up. Its something to consider though. I'm not a fan of Chad Jones unless it is to be the backup SS, he doesn't have enough range to be a true playmaker for the Eagles. A SLB prospect is to be considered as you said, and if Tate was available at the end of the third, I would have no problems with that pick.

I'm switching chad jones with morgan brunett kids got talent and I believe there is a shot that tate might fall to us

brat316
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
With so much talk about moving up, one position you guys aren't talking about moving up for is Cb. Haden could be there around 10-14. Berry is one hell of a prospect and I expect someone to take him in the top 10. With Haden's slow time he is gonna drop just a bit, but like Jenkins last year was still drafted pretty high. The Eagles could make a move for Haden.

And don't forget the amount of depth there is for second round safeties, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Chad Jones, Larry Asante, Reshad Jones, and the amount of safeties the Eagles have as well.

eaglesfan605
04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone. I can't wait until Thursday. Thought I'd put together a quick mock for the Eagles.

1.24 - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
2.5 - Nate Allen S USF
2.23 - J.D. Walton C Baylor
3.6 - Jermaine Cunningham DE Florida
3.23 - AJ Edds OLB Iowa
4.7 - John Skelton QB Fordham
4.23 - Tony Moeaki TE Iowa
6.31 - Zoltan Mesko P Michigan
7.36 - LeMarcus Coker RB Hampton
7.37 - Chris Marinelli OT Stanford

Tell me what you think.

superman8456
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
I'd rather trade into #10 or #11 area for Earl Thomas or Haden than trade to #6 or #5 to get Berry.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
With so much talk about moving up, one position you guys aren't talking about moving up for is Cb. Haden could be there around 10-14. Berry is one hell of a prospect and I expect someone to take him in the top 10. With Haden's slow time he is gonna drop just a bit, but like Jenkins last year was still drafted pretty high. The Eagles could make a move for Haden.

And don't forget the amount of depth there is for second round safeties, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Chad Jones, Larry Asante, Reshad Jones, and the amount of safeties the Eagles have as well.

I have had that in mind, both of my most recent mocks have the Eagles moving up, for a CB, Kyle Wilson. I can see the Eagles moving up for Haden, but I see it as less likely than trading up less to get a guy like Wilson.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Hey everyone. I can't wait until Thursday. Thought I'd put together a quick mock for the Eagles.

1.24 - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
2.5 - Nate Allen S USF
2.23 - J.D. Walton C Baylor
3.6 - Jermaine Cunningham DE Florida
3.23 - AJ Edds OLB Iowa
4.7 - John Skelton QB Fordham
4.23 - Tony Moeaki TE Iowa
6.31 - Zoltan Mesko P Michigan
7.36 - LeMarcus Coker RB Hampton
7.37 - Chris Marinelli OT Stanford

Tell me what you think.

I'd take it for sure. I'm not a huge fan of the Walton pick, as I think there is more value in a Jon Asamoah there, but everything else seems pretty damn good.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd rather trade into #10 or #11 area for Earl Thomas or Haden than trade to #6 or #5 to get Berry.
I'm the opposite. I think Eric Berry is only player worth trading up really high for and if we don't go for him we should just wait for a good player to drop then trade up a couple spots for him a la Jeremy Maclin last year.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM

It depends what they'd give up. Chances are the Eagles will have to give up at least one of their second rounders in either scenario. If teams are asking for #55 and #24 to get to the 10-12 range and in the other scenario, #24 and #37, I'd rather move up to 5-6 and get Berry.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm the opposite. I think Eric Berry is only player worth trading up really high for and if we don't go for him we should just wait for a good player to drop then trade up a couple spots for him a la Jeremy Maclin last year.

Its like I keep saying, if the value is there, the Eagles will do it, if not, they will wait until the value works for them.

colide
04-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Due to the trade its now yime for new mocks

Here's my new mick:

1) Kyle wilson
2a) darryl washiington
2b) morgan burnett
3a) vlad ducasse
3b) benn tate
4a) brandon ghee
4b) ed dickson
6)Kevin Basped* check him out
7a) * need help *
7b) dennairio alexander
Help me out

Thumper
04-19-2010, 07:40 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_c3v0yIrAxb8/SUjDn3x7tjI/AAAAAAAAA9A/WSVl30BFHjU/s400/Eric+Berry+too.jpg

Please oh please be an Eagle! PLEASE BE AN EAGLE! PLEASE!!

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Due to the trade its now yime for new mocks

Here's my new mick:

1) Kyle wilson
2a) darryl washiington
2b) morgan burnett
3a) vlad ducasse
3b) benn tate
4a) brandon ghee
4b) ed dickson
6)Kevin Basped* check him out
7a) * need help *
7b) dennairio alexander
Help me out

No way Ducasse goes in the third, I see him as an early second rounder, and there is no way the Eagles go after a WLB now, so that rules out Wahsington. Actually, but Ducasse in Wahsington's place, and that is a pretty damn good first three picks. I don't see TE as that major of a need, i can see the Eagles loking DE in the third or fourth. If Basped is available in the 6th, I'd like that pick a lot. I've known a bit about him for a while, and he is more of a 4th or 5th rounder IMO. I like Alexander pick, and as for the other 7th rounder, fill in some late round O-linemen, lol.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_c3v0yIrAxb8/SUjDn3x7tjI/AAAAAAAAA9A/WSVl30BFHjU/s400/Eric+Berry+too.jpg

Please oh please be an Eagle! PLEASE BE AN EAGLE! PLEASE!!

He just looks like he should be an Eagle...

colide
04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
No way Ducasse goes in the third, I see him as an early second rounder, and there is no way the Eagles go after a WLB now, so that rules out Wahsington. Actually, but Ducasse in Wahsington's place, and that is a pretty damn good first three picks. I don't see TE as that major of a need, i can see the Eagles loking DE in the third or fourth. If Basped is available in the 6th, I'd like that pick a lot. I've known a bit about him for a while, and he is more of a 4th or 5th rounder IMO. I like Alexander pick, and as for the other 7th rounder, fill in some late round O-linemen, lol.

Bapsed is sick and I think your right at ducasse. Now at ducasse's place I would place either a de or donald butler bc we still need that slb

frubulubu
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Is it Thursday, yet?

Morton
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Is it Thursday, yet?

Just take a loooong nap and wake up at 7:00pm on April 22.

Thumper
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
If I had to choose one player in this draft class who would one day have a bust in Canton, I would choose Eric Berry. He is THAT good IMO, could be a shutdown corner if you stick him at CB, could be a ball hawking free safety (Reed), could be an attacking free safety (Dawkins), could be an in the box safety or he could be a great SS, he could be a shutdown pure cover corner (Revis), he could be an all around playmaker like Charles Woodson or he could use his skills to be a ball hawking corner (Asante). He has every single skill needed to suceed at DB, at ANY spot in ANY role. Eric Berry is such a stud. I am seriously praying he will be an Eagle.

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/10/medium_Eric%20Berry%20Getty%20ALcom.bmp

Eric Berry, please be an Eagle.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Bapsed is sick and I think your right at ducasse. Now at ducasse's place I would place either a de or donald butler bc we still need that slb

Butler doesn't really fit intoour trend at SLB. He isn't stout at the POA, anddoesn't shed blockers well. He has extra value as a coverage LB, but he just doesn't fit SLB too well. I see Butler going mid second, but if he were available at the beginning of the third, I'd be in favor of that pick, depending on the situation.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Is it Thursday, yet?

I know right? Come on, this week needs to fly by....

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 10:58 PM
If I had to choose one player in this draft class who would one day have a bust in Canton, I would choose Eric Berry. He is THAT good IMO, could be a shutdown corner if you stick him at CB, could be a ball hawking free safety (Reed), could be an attacking free safety (Dawkins), could be an in the box safety or he could be a great SS, he could be a shutdown pure cover corner (Revis), he could be an all around playmaker like Charles Woodson or he could use his skills to be a ball hawking corner (Asante). He has every single skill needed to suceed at DB, at ANY spot in ANY role. Eric Berry is such a stud. I am seriously praying he will be an Eagle.

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/10/medium_Eric%20Berry%20Getty%20ALcom.bmp

Eric Berry, please be an Eagle.

The more I think about it, the more I'd be willing to give up for Berry. He really is THAT good.

frubulubu
04-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Berry is Berry good.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Berry is Berry good.

I nominate this sentence for understatement of the century.

cunningham06
04-19-2010, 11:51 PM
I just hope he doesn't end up wasting away in Cleveland. Make the move Eagles, Berry is what we need.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 12:08 AM
I just hope he doesn't end up wasting away in Cleveland. Make the move Eagles, Berry is what we need.

I don't want him wasting away anywhere, and honestly think no matter where he goes his impact will be felt.

I just thought of something. The Eagles were the only team outside the top 10 (IIRC) who interviews Gerald McCoy at the combine, and have shown interest in Berry as well. I can't think of another team that has shown more signs of moving up (and moving up drastically) in the draft this offseason.

Morton
04-20-2010, 12:39 AM
After reading this article:

http://footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2010/introducing-sackseer

I don't want any part of the DEs in this year's draft, except maybe Jerry Hughes in the 2nd round or Daniel Te'o-Nesheim / Jason Worilds in the 4th round.

PLEASE DRAFT ALL DBs THIS YEAR, EAGLES. Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Eric Berry, Kareem Jackson, etc.

frubulubu
04-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Intresting stuff Mort, its a good thing we have two starting ends.

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 01:06 AM
After reading this article:

I don't want any part of the DEs in this year's draft, except maybe Jerry Hughes in the 2nd round or Daniel Te'o-Nesheim / Jason Worilds in the 4th round.

PLEASE DRAFT ALL DBs THIS YEAR, EAGLES. Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Eric Berry, Kareem Jackson, etc.

So that system doesn't take into account the team and style they go to? If you look down further in the comments, you'll see one of the SackSEER guys talking about how they a "tweaking" it with last years players, meaning they haven't refined it yet. Its like any other ssytem that bases predominantly off physical attirbutes, shaky at best. I can tell you right now Brandon Graham is going to be a stud in either defense, particularly if he is a LE in a 4-3, same with Morgan, though maybe not as studly. With Tapp being brought in, I doubt the Eagles bring in any DE's early anyway.

colide
04-20-2010, 06:41 PM
nobodys talking we have two days cmon

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
nobodys talking we have two days cmon

I've been working on a three round mock for the Eagles the last three days, so I'm not on these boards as much, but when I need a break from the mock I am here...

frubulubu
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
We havent the Rams signed Bradford yet? Maybe they are still listening to trade offers?

cunningham06
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
My feeling is that they are leaving options open for the Browns. While I think they will take Bradford if they stay where they are, if the Browns trade up for Bradford, the Rams would probably be perfectly happy taking Clausen and getting some additional picks.

frubulubu
04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
My feeling is that they are leaving options open for the Browns. While I think they will take Bradford if they stay where they are, if the Browns trade up for Bradford, the Rams would probably be perfectly happy taking Clausen and getting some additional picks.

If that happens we could be at striking distance to land Haden?

eaglesalltheway
04-20-2010, 10:55 PM
If that happens we could be at striking distance to land Haden?

Perhaps, but I don't think that trade would have any effect on Haden's availability anyway.

cunningham06
04-21-2010, 12:22 AM
If anything I think that would be good for us regarding Eric Berry. The consensus is that if the Browns don't go QB, they take Berry. If he lasted past 7 I see the chances we trade up go up a ton. Haden will be available in the early teens, I just don't see him as a top 10 prospect.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 12:30 AM
If anything I think that would be good for us regarding Eric Berry. The consensus is that if the Browns don't go QB, they take Berry. If he lasted past 7 I see the chances we trade up go up a ton. Haden will be available in the early teens, I just don't see him as a top 10 prospect.

I was thinking the same thing, if it'd go with QB at 1 and 7, its likely the DTs will go 2 and 3, and 4, 5, and 6 overally stand a real good shot at all being OTs. I doubt the Raiders would take Berry, and its highly unlikely the Bills would take him either. The Jags would be the first team in high consideration to take him. Keep in mind there would most likely be a bunch of teams also trying to trade up for Berry as well though.

MizzouBig12
04-21-2010, 12:35 AM
The chances of you guys getting Eric Berry, unless you trade up big, is slim and none. Now Joe Haden is a possibility, and he's a tremendous man-cover corner (I don't need to tell you that). Since Randy Moss isn't in the NFC East, Haden should be able to cover anybody else you can throw at him, so that would be a good pick if Reid goes that direction.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 12:37 AM
The chances of you guys getting Eric Berry, unless you trade up big, is slim and none. Now Joe Haden is a possibility, and he's a tremendous man-cover corner (I don't need to tell you that). Since Randy Moss isn't in the NFC East, Haden should be able to cover anybody else you can throw at him, so that would be a good pick if Reid goes that direction.

I realize, but the chances are there, the Eagles have the ammo to do it. i would love Haden, but obviously I wouldn't want togive up as much for Haden as I would for Berry.

frubulubu
04-21-2010, 07:29 AM
I could be wrong, ive been wrong mant times before, but I see the Eagles making a push for Haden more so than for Berry. They just signed Jackson to play safety and have a crowd at the safety spot. I know Berry is a Beast and has potential to be grest in the NFL. But we have a glaring need at CB, and its as visible as Strahans gap.

Go_Eagles77
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM
I read somewhere that if they can't trade up for Berry or Thomas, their next biggest target is Maukice Pouncey, who they might try to trade up to 17/18 to get. Apparently if they can't get any of those 3, they are looking to trade back. Of course it's probably just speculation, I'm just throwing it out there.

superman8456
04-21-2010, 11:22 AM
I would have to say that Eric Berry or Earl Thomas first, and then you need to look at Joe Haden. Joe Haden wont get past #12 imo, but its a crapshoot as to where Maurkice Pouncey will be drafted.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I read somewhere that if they can't trade up for Berry or Thomas, their next biggest target is Maukice Pouncey, who they might try to trade up to 17/18 to get. Apparently if they can't get any of those 3, they are looking to trade back. Of course it's probably just speculation, I'm just throwing it out there.

I tend to think this could be correct, after Berry/Haden/Thomas, Pouncey is my top target, and I would absolutely love either of those four.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
I would have to say that Eric Berry or Earl Thomas first, and then you need to look at Joe Haden. Joe Haden wont get past #12 imo, but its a crapshoot as to where Maurkice Pouncey will be drafted.

Scott seems to think he goes 11. I personally don't know about that, and think Denver would try to trade down a bit before taking him at 11. But i honestly can't see Pouncey getting past the Steelers at 18, there is no way.

colide
04-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't know about haden I just can't trust florida its player nfl fail rate is ridiculous to me exspecially in the past few years besides harvin but you really don't know about him either I would rather have wilson for corner bc he also does pr and kr and hell come without that huge contract

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't know about haden I just can't trust florida its player nfl fail rate is ridiculous to me exspecially in the past few years besides harvin but you really don't know about him either I would rather have wilson for corner bc he also does pr and kr and hell come without that huge contract

Haden is a different case though. After watching him play enough, you realize that he has a VERY HIGH chance to succeed.

colide
04-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah but I don't trust florida
O well I think wilson or jackson are better fits

Anyway since big ben is on the trade block for a top ten pick via adam scheftler

Oir chances up getting berry at a pick like 10 rose dramatically

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah but I don't trust florida
O well I think wilson or jackson are better fits

Anyway since big ben is on the trade block for a top ten pick via adam scheftler

Oir chances up getting berry at a pick like 10 rose dramatically

I think its just the opposite, as Pittsburgh, if the don't draft Clausen, would draft Berry with that top 10 pick. The Eagles best chance is if hte top 3 tackles all go in the top 6 and the top QBs go 1 and 7, after that, there is little likelihood the Eagles can get Berry.

Morton
04-21-2010, 07:41 PM
I read somewhere that there are rumors that the Eagles are going to trade up for Jason Pierre-Paul.

If we go all the way up to the 10-20 range and pick JASON freaking PIERRE-PAUL, who I predict will be one of the most epic busts in all of draft history, I will literally punch a wall.

PLEASE DO NOT PICK JASON PIERRE-PAUL.

Go_Eagles77
04-21-2010, 07:45 PM
God I hope not.

cunningham06
04-21-2010, 07:49 PM
I used to like JPP more, but after watching lots of his game film, I'm not impressed. I don't like that idea at all. Either Berry or Haden for me.

superman8456
04-21-2010, 07:49 PM
I think its pretty safe to say we do not have DE very high on our needs at the moment. If we pick anything but a DB, I will be extremely disappointed.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 07:50 PM
I read somewhere that there are rumors that the Eagles are going to trade up for Jason Pierre-Paul.

If we go all the way up to the 10-20 range and pick JASON freaking PIERRE-PAUL, who I predict will be one of the most epic busts in all of draft history, I will literally punch a wall.

PLEASE DO NOT PICK JASON PIERRE-PAUL.

Do us a favor and tape it then post it here, because that'd be the most enjoyment I'd get out of that if it happened. That beings said, I think there's almost no chance JPP would be the guy if the Eagles trade up. The Eagles top targets for trading up, IMO are Berry, Haden, Thomas, Pouncey, and Wilson.

brat316
04-21-2010, 08:48 PM
according to football outsider he will be huge bust.

Creek
04-21-2010, 08:57 PM
I like JPP. Could be a bust, but he's worth the risk. Freakish athlete, like him better than I ever liked Jerome McDougle. The closer we get the more I feel we'll goo pass rusher or O-line in the 1st and secondary with our 2nds.

Morton
04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
He's not worth the risk, trust me.

Read this article:

JPP had a vertical jump of 30.5", and a short shuttle of 4.67 sec, AND he was a Junior College player for more than a year.

Almost all of the JuCo pass rushers of the past decade have been busts. No edge rusher who became decent in the NFL ran a short shuttle much slower than 4.5 secs. Almost all of the top edge rushers in the NFL right now (Freeney, Cole, Allen, Peppers, Ware, etc) posted vertical jumps of higher than 35".

If JPP were to be productive in the NFL, he'd be bucking serious historical trends, and would be the first DE in years to become anything more than a marginal player with those kind of underwhelming numbers in the vertical jump and short shuttle.

Thumper
04-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I've read the Eagles are targeting Rolando McClain, Jason Pierre-Paul, Earl Thomas, Eric Berry and CJ Spiller. I don't know how I would feel if the Eagles drafted CJ Spiller. There is so much stuff flying around right now, the Jaguars, Broncos and Dolphins all want to trade out.

frubulubu
04-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Does anyone think they will grab a CB, via a trade with a team?

Thumper
04-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Does anyone think they will grab a CB, via a trade with a team?

Richard Marshall perhaps?

frubulubu
04-21-2010, 10:49 PM
I think thats very probable, if they do go that route, I would want Pouncey, and would not be upset if we get Spiller.

Thumper
04-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Imagine adding Spiller to this offense. Spiller combined with LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, Leonard Weaver, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and the rest of the offense. Other teams couldn't handle that, adding Spiller to the most explosive offense in the NFL would be INSANE. Thats like adding Chris Johnson to this offense, that would be crazy.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-21-2010, 10:56 PM
It's become a two back league now and Spiller+McCoy would be one of the best young duos out there. Would also take a lot of pressure off Kolb with those two in the backfield.

Thumper
04-21-2010, 11:09 PM
The CJ Spiller rumor actually came from David Jeremiah, former scout and a guy who has been on top of the draft all offseason, he says NFL people think the Eagles want to move for CJ Spiller.

Seriously, at Clemson CJ scored 21 touchdowns over 50 yards. Add that to DeSean Jackson who has scored 10 touchdowns over 50 yards in his first two seasons and there is the most explosive offense in the NFL. He is like Felix Jones, but better and more explosive.

frubulubu
04-21-2010, 11:12 PM
If the Eagles grab Spiller, I will wet my pants in excitment. It looks like everyone here finally will agree on something.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:13 PM
IDK how I'd feel about Spiller, I don't think I'd like it much, as RB is low on the needs list.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:14 PM
If the Eagles grab Spiller, I will wet my pants in excitment. It looks like everyone here finally will agree on something.

Hahaha, sorry man, I just don't see the value, or likelihood, there, as the Eagles historically don't value RBs that high. I don't see it, especially after using a high round pick on a RB (who doesn't look to bust anytime soon) the year before.

frubulubu
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM
I will like the move if we aquire a CB.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I will like the move if we aquire a CB.

If the Eagles acquire a CB, then that leaves OL and FS, even DE, as two needs that far exceed RB, and another need that is still bigger, not to mention we can get better value with a 3rd or even fourth round RB.

Thumper
04-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Hahaha, sorry man, I just don't see the value, or likelihood, there, as the Eagles historically don't value RBs that high. I don't see it, especially after using a high round pick on a RB (who doesn't look to bust anytime soon) the year before.

Yeah, I was initially confused when I read it, but the Eagles really want to surround Kolb with the best talent and like Todd said adding another RB it would take pressure off Kolb.

But I would be really interested to see how they solved the situation at CB, SLB and LE if they took Spiller. But that won't be a problem if the Eagles are hanging 40 on everyone with huge plays ;).

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I was initially confused when I read it, but the Eagles really want to surround Kolb with the best talent and like Todd said adding another RB it would take pressure off Kolb.

But I would be really interested to see how they solved the situation at CB, SLB and LE if they took Spiller. But that won't be a problem if the Eagles are hanging 40 on everyone with huge plays ;).

I'm not as concerned with LE and FS, we can get by with what we have, but another contributor or an upgrade would be very nice. It is KEY the Eagles address CB, and hopefully early, as well as OL.

frubulubu
04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
It will be a wild day...Hopefully we will all be happy at the end of the first round.

Creek
04-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Alright, so here's my Eagles top 10 wish-list for tomorrow:

1. Eric Berry
2. Joe Haden
3. Earl Thomas
4. Mike Iupati
5. Brandon Graham
6. Rolando McClain
7. Kyle Wilson
8. C.J. Spiller
9. Maurkice Pouncey
10. Sean Weatherspoon

Still would be happy with JPP, Morgan, Kindle, McCourty, or Jackson. Tons of talent in this draft.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Alright, so here's my Eagles top 10 wish-list for tomorrow:

1. Eric Berry
2. Joe Haden
3. Earl Thomas
4. Mike Iupati
5. Brandon Graham
6. Rolando McClain
7. Kyle Wilson
8. C.J. Spiller
9. Maurkice Pouncey
10. Sean Weatherspoon

Still would be happy with JPP, Morgan, Kindle, McCourty, or Jackson. Tons of talent in this draft.

Here's mine, pretty similar, defintiely not the same though...
1. Berry
Pick I'd be ecstatic with, but its pretty much out of range.

2. Thomas
3. Haden
4. Pouncey
5. Wilson
I'd be VERY happy with either of these picks, regardless of situation, great players that fit needs and scheme.

6. Graham
7. Iupati
I'd be very happy with either of these, depending on the situation. DE isn't a huge need, but I really like Graham. Iupati fits a need and is a great value at 24, I just think the secondary needs to be addressed before OL.

8. McCourty
9. Jackson
10. Nate Allen
Players at our biggest positions of need, whose value is right at or below pick 24. If any of the people above this tier are available and we pick one of these guys, I'll be a little disappointed, but still like the pick. I could see it happening if one of this tier is the pick and Iupati is still on the board.

igglefanz
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Here is My top 10

1. Eric Berry
2. Joe Haden
3. Earl Thomas
4. Maurkice Pouncey
5. Derrick Morgan
6. Brandon Ghram
7. Rolando McClain
8. Mike Iutapi
9. Sergio Kindle
10. JPP

cunningham06
04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I like Scott's projection for us in round 2. Vlad Ducasse would make a bad ass guard.

brat316
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
noooo my sig.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I keep hearing the Eagles want to trade up with Atlanta for Earl Thomas.

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't know if he'll still be there, but Wilson could be. I am tired of hearing about rumors and just want the draft to be here haha.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I've also heard that if the Redskins and Chiefs pass on Berry, the Eagles would try and trade up with the Browns to get Eric Berry. Please let that happen.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
I've also heard the Eagles are considering a move with Kansas City, KC could move down and take an OT and the Eagles are really pushing hard for Eric Berry.

EDIT: And that if the Redskins take Berry, the Eagles will try and trade for his rights. That is from Bob Grotz.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I've also heard that if the Redskins and Chiefs pass on Berry, the Eagles would try and trade up with the Browns to get Eric Berry. Please let that happen.

I'm fine giving up 24, 37, and 70 if it means getting Berry... I think The Browns would accept that.

I also wouldn't mind giving up 24, 37, and next years second rounder, though I'm less fond of that.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
So much about Eric Berry, I hope this isn't the worst tease in the history of teases...

brat316
04-22-2010, 03:03 PM
If he makes it past the Jags then dreams of Eric Berry on the Eagles can come true.

Broncos wanna trade down and so do the Dolphins. Hell they could trade up with the Bills. And All this without giving up that high second round pick.

Accorinding to the value chart, 24, 55, 70 gives 1330 points. Enough to slide in the the 8-12 range.

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
No way he gets past the jags.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 04:35 PM
No way he gets past the jags.

Unless the Eagles trade with the Jags, who are rumored to want to trade back. I stick think theyd want him too.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Alright, I'm just going to wrap up some thoughts in the hour heading up to the draft. The Eagles will move up, I think they move up with Miami and perhaps Justin Smiley could be involved. But if the Eagles make a move, it will be for Earl Thomas or Derrick Morgan.

Earl Thomas is a big time playmaker in the secondary but I'm not convinced he is the right guy for the Eagles, one of the biggest problems last year for the Eagles was they were terrible at tackling, especially in the secondary and tackling is not something Earl Thomas is known for. I would be excited because he has potential to be a big time FS, but he really needs to learn how to tackle better. Also the Eagles might put him at CB which should be interesting. I think this is the pick, the Eagles gave up 15 touchdown passes off the blitz according to ESPN and that is unacceptable, especially in the Eagles scheme.

Derrick Morgan could be the pick, he lacks a huge burst but he is the perfect LE, he looks like a guy that could be a 8-9 sacks a year guy who can also stuff the run. He looks like a poor man's Justin Tuck.

Don't rule out Joe Haden as the pick, he is a good player who has his best football in front of him.

I absolutely do not want JPP to be an Eagle, he is going to be the biggest bust of the draft. If he is an Eagle then the franchise will be set back, the Eagles lost a lot of veteran talent in the past 2 seasons so the Eagles really need to hit on their picks. JPP would be a wasted pick.

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I am so nervous they will take JPP. I have a really bad feeling.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
I am so nervous they will take JPP. I have a really bad feeling.

I am really hoping that JPP isn't the pick, he is going to be a HUGE bust. He is Jarvis Moss part 2.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Am I the only one who is beginning to think Pouncey will be the pick?

Sniper
04-22-2010, 05:48 PM
I am really hoping that JPP isn't the pick, he is going to be a HUGE bust. He is Jarvis Moss part 2.

JPP or Dunlap = me breaking things. I have a friend who's very much in touch with some sources with the Eagles and he says they love JPP, so take that for what it's worth.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
JPP or Dunlap = me breaking things. I have a friend who's very much in touch with some sources with the Eagles and he says they love JPP, so take that for what it's worth.

The Eagles are terrible at scouting defensive ends, absolutely terrible. Aside from Trent Cole they've really hit on no one, Jerome McDougle was a bust, Jevon Kearse was a bust of a signing, Darren Howard was a terrible signing for a long time, Chris Clemons was a terrible signing, Victor Abiamiri is a bust, Bryan Smith is a HUGE bust and JPP would be an EPIC bust.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Dear lord I hope not, especially if they trade up for him.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Lets make this simple, Eagles better trade up and grab one of these three:
http://nflposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/thomas1.jpg

http://homedir-c.libsyn.com/podcasts/92d03463d064888b6e78cc6ae03b1f5b/4bd0d3b3/mtmradio/images/morgan.jpg

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/honors/images/2008/haden.jpg

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Or Berry or Pouncey.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Or Wilson even.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
JPP better not be an Eagle, seriously just thinking about it pisses me off. My mind would explode. My reaction will be this:

http://www.cerumen.cl/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/fffuuu.gif

superman8456
04-22-2010, 07:27 PM
****! Thats disappointing. Lets hope for Earl Thomas.

cunningham06
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
I wanted ET bad, but the value for that picks incredible. Both 3rds? Great Deal!

frubulubu
04-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Im from Michigan, and im gonna wear my Graham jersy proudly.

Bigp5437
04-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Jets noooooooooo:( Really didn't see them taking Wilson...Effin Ryan being greedy-_-

superman8456
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Taylor Mays? I would take that.

Thumper
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I can't wait to see the sacks the Eagles defense gets, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole and Darryl Tapp? Ummm... How are you going to stop a group of ends who are so fierce and play with such high motors? Plus have you seen the offensive lines they're going to play against? There is no group of tackles in the NFC East that can stop Trent Cole and Brandon Graham, not one. Trent Williams and Stephon Heyer? Yeah right. David Diehl and William Beatty? Not happening. Doug Free and Marco Columbo? Not happening.

Brandon Graham is so stout against the run too, he is a beast. He has the base of Darryl Tapp and the quickness of Trent Cole, he is such a monster. He led the entire nation in tackles for a loss last season, he lives behind the opposing offensive line. And just like Trent Cole and Darryl Tapp, if he doesn't do well, it won't be from a lack of effort.

Sooo excited.

http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2009/11/BRANDON-GRAHAM-2-111209-thumb-330x386-15667.jpg

Thumper
04-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Taylor Mays? I would take that.

Hell. No. Taylor Mays is garbage.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Hell. No. Taylor Mays is garbage.

At this point, I think Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Chris Cook, Jerome Murphy, and yes, even Taylor Mays, are all possible at pick 37.

Sniper
04-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I can't wait to see the sacks the Eagles defense gets, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole and Darryl Tapp? Ummm... How are you going to stop a group of ends who are so fierce and play with such high motors? Plus have you seen the offensive lines they're going to play against? There is no group of tackles in the NFC East that can stop Trent Cole and Brandon Graham, not one. Trent Williams and Stephon Heyer? Yeah right. David Diehl and William Beatty? Not happening. Doug Free and Marco Columbo? Not happening.

Brandon Graham is so stout against the run too, he is a beast. He has the base of Darryl Tapp and the quickness of Trent Cole, he is such a monster. He led the entire nation in tackles for a loss last season, he lives behind the opposing offensive line. And just like Trent Cole and Darryl Tapp, if he doesn't do well, it won't be from a lack of effort.

Sooo excited.

http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2009/11/BRANDON-GRAHAM-2-111209-thumb-330x386-15667.jpg

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Sniper, I was waiting for this post. Also, the Eagles may not see FS as a need at all, and I could see them going OL then CB, as there is more value along the O-lines at 37 than CB.

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2010, 10:54 PM
First of all, love the Graham pick.

As for tomorrow, I hope they make their pick at 37 but then trade back with their 2nd pick and maybe picking up a couple 3rds.

frubulubu
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Maybe the selection will be Roger Saffold, I would love a corner, but dont see us taking one.

D-Unit
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Congratulations Sniper! You got your man. :)

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.boostrot.net/gallery/d/11146-1/robocop-fap.gif

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Maybe the selection will be Roger Saffold, I would love a corner, but dont see us taking one.
Right now Ellis Hobbs is one of our starting CBs and look at the WR corps' around the NFC East, especially now with Dez Bryant going to Dallas. Our new and improved pass rush could help, but I say we need a CB and S in this round as long as the value is right.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM

Saffold doesn't fit the Eagles, too finesse.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Right now Ellis Hobbs is one of our starting CBs and look at the WR corps' around the NFC East, especially now with Dez Bryant going to Dallas. Our new and improved pass rush could help, but I say we need a CB and S in this round as long as the value is right.

Thats what I'm hoping, I think the value is better for S first though

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Thats what I'm hoping, I think the value is better for S first though
Definitely. For a second there I thought McCourty could fall to 37 then the pats took him ahead of Wilson. Nate Allen is definitely my #1 guy for 37 right now, even more so than Mays.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Definitely. For a second there I thought McCourty could fall to 37 then the pats took him ahead of Wilson. Nate Allen is definitely my #1 guy for 37 right now, even more so than Mays.

Definitely. I really like Burnett though, and he fits the Eagles defense a little better.

frubulubu
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Saffold doesn't fit the Eagles, too finesse.

Im not big on Saffold, my self. But thats what I think they will probably do. I really hope that our CB duo is not Hobbs-Samuel. That would simply be pathetic.

LonghornsLegend
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM

LOL. I knew somewhere when the pick happened you were pleasuring yourself to images of Graham in an Eagles jersey, not always do you get your guy from College on your pro team.

I kinda assumed it was for Earl also, and while both are great players I gotta admit being a huge Earl Thomas fan I'm glad we don't have to face him twice a season for his career. Not that he was better, but he was my favorite player and I would of hated that.

Not bad value at all for the trade, and you guys have alot of work left to do also with the picks. Just be thankful you didn't take JPP and the G-men did :D

KevinKolbEra
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
got to be honest, dont like this pick at all. we could have stayed at 24 and got Everson Griffen (could've traded out of the 1st rd really) and still have the rest of our picks left. whats done is done.

with the 37th pick i like Vladimir Ducasse and with the 55th pick i like Akwasi Owusu-Ansah.

of course the Eagles will take neither because they dont know how to evaluate talent at positions other than QB.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
got to be honest, dont like this pick at all. we could have stayed at 24 and got Everson Griffen (could've traded out of the 1st rd really) and still have the rest of our picks left. whats done is done.

with the 37th pick i like Vladimir Ducasse and with the 55th pick i like Akwasi Owusu-Ansah.

of course the Eagles will take neither because they dont know how to evaluate talent at positions other than QB.

Oh ma gawd I don't agree with a word you just said but your username is utterly fantastic.

KevinKolbEra
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh ma gawd I don't agree with a word you just said but your username is utterly fantastic.

who do you like at 37 and 55?

yourfavestoner
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM

Is that the sound of you jacking off into a Michigan jersey?

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Graham's value is worth it, IMO, he'll end up being much better than Griffen, and fits the Eagles better. I love it. I actually like Ducasse and Ansah, but I don't agree with you saying the Eagles don't know how to evaluate any other position than QB.

frubulubu
04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Thumper, you opened a new account, KKE? Lol!!!!!!!

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Is that the sound of you jacking off into a Michigan jersey?

He can't hear you over the fapping...

Morton
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
I hate to say it, but as much as I love Graham as a player, this was a big reach.

The #1 need going into this draft was DB: either CB or S. The Eagles had a shot at both Kyle Wilson and Earl Thomas, and instead went wiht a DE when they were already stacked at the position (Tapp, Abiamiri, Cole, Parker, etc)

If either Kyle Wilson or Earl Thomas make the Pro Bowl next year and Brandon Graham does not, this is going to be really hard to stomach.

KevinKolbEra
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Graham's value is worth it, IMO, he'll end up being much better than Griffen, and fits the Eagles better. I love it. I actually like Ducasse and Ansah, but I don't agree with you saying the Eagles don't know how to evaluate any other position than QB.

no way, Griffen is the best DE in this draft. he didnt put up the numbers Graham did but will be the better pro, he is bigger, stronger, faster and more explosive by a mile.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 12:10 AM
If you're not pumped up about the Graham pick yet, check out this interview haha -

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/index.asp?mm_file_id=8640&play_clip=y

Morton
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
And now, all of the good cornerbacks are off the board because there was a big run on the CBs in the late first round. Kyle Wilson, Kareem Jackson, Patrick Robinson, Devin McCourty, Joe Haden - all gone.

We head into the 2nd round of the draft with practically zero depth on the board in terms of DBs, and practically zero depth behind Asante Samuel and Ellis Hobbs on the roster.

This is not a good situation to be in, guys. I have a feeling the Eagles f*cked this draft up.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
I hate to say it, but as much as I love Graham as a player, this was a big reach.

The #1 need going into this draft was DB: either CB or S. The Eagles had a shot at both Kyle Wilson and Earl Thomas, and instead went wiht a DE when they were already stacked at the position (Tapp, Abiamiri, Cole, Parker, etc)

If either Kyle Wilson or Earl Thomas make the Pro Bowl next year and Brandon Graham does not, this is going to be really hard to stomach.

Kyle Wilson went what, 29? I guarantee Graham wouldn't have made it past 19.

frubulubu
04-23-2010, 12:18 AM
There is still tomorrow, and I think the team will add a young vet, via trade. No preocupes!

Morton
04-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Kyle Wilson went what, 29? I guarantee Graham wouldn't have made it past 19.

The point is, you don't need to draft a DE when you have several perfectly good ones already.

You DO need to draft a playmaking CB/S like Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson before they ALL get snapped up in the first round, as they did.

The secondary is completely depleted. All of the good cornerbacks are off the board. This is a BAD situation to be in.

Even if Brandon Graham turns into a stud DE, if your secondary is garbage, you're getting torched. And if he's a stud DE, why the hell did you trade for Tapp? To sit him on the bench?

If he's not a stud DE, why did you draft a guy #13 overall to sit on the bench or rotate in and out of the line?

This is just bad. They needed an elite CB or S to plug into the backfield from day one, and they didn't get one. They instead got a DL who probably won't see very many snaps in his rookie year.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Good pressure on a QB can help mask a bad pass defense and by adding Graham they really made a huge move to mask the pass defense, he will rack up sacks and he is stout against the run. Brandon Graham is a fantastic player.

frubulubu
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
They got the safety position set, Jackson/Mikell. They do need the corner help, and did not help them selfs by not drfting one. I like Arenas, but we no longer have a third round pick.

frubulubu
04-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Where does Graham project? LE, or rotational player?

Thumper
04-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Where does Graham project? LE, or rotational player?

Graham is a left end, Andy Reid said it and Graham said on Eagles Live that he feels most comfortable on the left side of the line.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
no way, Griffen is the best DE in this draft. he didnt put up the numbers Graham did but will be the better pro(you have a crystal ball? kewl, can I borrow it?), he is bigger, stronger, faster and more explosive by a mile.

Nope, I'd say its either Graham or Morgan. He is bigger by a whopping 5 pounds, benched one more rep at 225 (really a big difference there, Graham is a wimp), and ran .07 seconds faster (OMGZZZ) in the 40. As far as explosion... watch them play, you are dead wrong about the explosion, Graham has a quicker first step, plays with more violence and leverage (making up for the vast strength difference), and has a MUCH higher motor and competitive edge. Graham offers much more to the Eagles than Griffen, both in the passing game and runnign game. There is a reason Griffen isn't picked yet.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Graham is a left end, Andy Reid said it and Graham said on Eagles Live that he feels most comfortable on the left side of the line.

He's a LE, though I;m sure we'll see him all over the place, even at DT on passing situations.

As far as the CB situations go, there are no stud CBs left. But ask any scout or well-informed draft analyst, and they will tell you there is starting talent among the secondary prospects all the way into the third round. As it stands now, I think the Eagles are going to let the FS spot as it is, which I had a feeling may happen. I expect the Eagles to go OL and CB tomorrow, in what order, IDK, but that is how it looks to me.

Sniper
04-23-2010, 06:08 AM
This is already the greatest draft in Eagles history. They could draft Carlos Dunlap today and I wouldn't even be mad.

Sniper
04-23-2010, 06:10 AM
The point is, you don't need to draft a DE when you have several perfectly good ones already.

Even if Brandon Graham turns into a stud DE, if your secondary is garbage, you're getting torched. And if he's a stud DE, why the hell did you trade for Tapp? To sit him on the bench?

If he's not a stud DE, why did you draft a guy #13 overall to sit on the bench or rotate in and out of the line?

This is just bad. They needed an elite CB or S to plug into the backfield from day one, and they didn't get one. They instead got a DL who probably won't see very many snaps in his rookie year.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0802/nfl.sb.top.defensive.performers/images/tuck.jpg

Sniper
04-23-2010, 06:12 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=20932

In fact, Reid sees a lot of Cole in Graham.

"I haven't been around a lot of players that played harder than Trent Cole," Reid said. "That's the way (Graham) played at that level, at the college level. We'll see what he does here."

Reid made it clear that the Eagles had been targeting Graham all along, and they felt the need to move to No. 13 because they feared someone else might snatch up the Wolverine. They may have been right, as two of the next three picks following the Graham selection, including a pick by the division-rival Giants, were defensive ends.

"As long as we felt that we could get to where we could grab him," Reid said, when asked if he expected to move up. "That area right in there was a sticky area. What you know is the good defensive ends, the good secondary players, the good offensive tackles, those guys normally go fairly early in the draft. So you saw it."

eaglesfan605
04-23-2010, 08:24 AM
I was hoping that they would trade back into the first round with the Pats at #27 to take Kyle Wilson, but sadly that didn't happen.

For today, I am looking for a CB/S combo. Three corners that I like are Brandon Ghee, Chris Cook, and Jerome Murphy.

I really only like one S that if left, Nate Allen.

Maybe they could go for the USF combo?

What most likely happens though is that they take OL and either a S or CB.

Either way, I am excited for day two and can't wait for it to start.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
I really expect them to pick up an extra pick today, most likely a 3rd. I think the eagles know how deep the draft is and will try to make as many picks as possible.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 09:16 AM
I know DB is our biggest need, but Kindle is a sleeper pick for tonight. He'd be a beast at SAM for us. Plus adding more pass rushers can't be a bad thing.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Graham!!!!

Interesting to see what they do today.

superman8456
04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
My only problem with it is that I dont think we needed to trade up to #13.

Also, we probably could have gone Earl Thomas and then Everson Girffin in the 2nd. We have much better depth at LDE than we do at FS.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Like I mentioned in another thread, Graham + Allen/Burnett > Thomas + Griffen.

superman8456
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Like I mentioned in another thread, Graham + Allen/Burnett > Thomas + Griffen.

Considering who we already have a LDE, I dont agree with that at all.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
I was hoping that they would trade back into the first round with the Pats at #27 to take Kyle Wilson, but sadly that didn't happen.

For today, I am looking for a CB/S combo. Three corners that I like are Brandon Ghee, Chris Cook, and Jerome Murphy.

I really only like one S that if left, Nate Allen.

Maybe they could go for the USF combo?

What most likely happens though is that they take OL and either a S or CB.

Either way, I am excited for day two and can't wait for it to start.
I too can't wait, and think as long as the Eagles get a coverage guy today, they will be fine. I have a sneaky feeling that they don't see FS as a need at all and the Eagles will go CB/OL today, but if they do go Safety, I like Allen, but Burnett is a guy who fits the defense a little better, is a more balanced Safety, and tackles better than Allen.

I really expect them to pick up an extra pick today, most likely a 3rd. I think the eagles know how deep the draft is and will try to make as many picks as possible.
I think its a strong possibility as well, maybe trading up from one of their fourth rounders. I can defintiely see it happen, maybe for a RB or LB. (Trade up for one of those positions, I must be crazy, lol)

I know DB is our biggest need, but Kindle is a sleeper pick for tonight. He'd be a beast at SAM for us. Plus adding more pass rushers can't be a bad thing.

At this point I would accept a Kindle pick, I just don't see it as likely, and the Eagles have shown they haven't broken away from how they value LBs, so I see it as unlikely, especially when you see the Eagles biggest needs happen to be at the positions they typically value the most.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Considering who we already have a LDE, I dont agree with that at all.

I agree with GE77, I liked Griffen, but I loooooooved Graham, and honestly, Nate Allen brings a lot of the same things to the table as Thomas did. Burnett is a more balanced Safety who has enough range to succeed in the Eagles defense, and also has enough physicality to his game to help against the run.

brat316
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah my thing was how is Graham going to get on the field? We have 3 LDEs. Cole, Tapp, and Graham. If the Eagles really wanted to go DE, I thought Morgan Burnett would have been a good pick, most complete DE and would have been great on that RDE spot.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah my thing was how is Graham going to get on the field? We have 3 LDEs. Cole, Tapp, and Graham. If the Eagles really wanted to go DE, I thought Morgan Burnett would have been a good pick, most complete DE and would have been great on that RDE spot.

Cole is a RE. Burnett is a Safety...

What are you smoking? lol

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Hahaha. Trent Cole has never played any position other than RDE. Also Tapp was a RDE in Seattle. This is how I see the eagles DE depth chart.

RDE - T. Cole / D. Tapp / Alex Hall*
LDE - B. Graham / J. Parker / V. Abiamiri

*Alex Hall is primarily a LB but can play DE if need be.

Not sure if the eagles are going to address DE again in this draft.

Creek
04-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Love the BG55 pick. Will make the whole defense better, secondary included. We still have two 2nd round picks, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both used on DBs.

The Eagles draft is already a win for me though.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Hahaha. Trent Cole has never played any position other than RDE. Also Tapp was a RDE in Seattle. This is how I see the eagles DE depth chart.

RDE - T. Cole / D. Tapp / Alex Hall*
LDE - B. Graham / J. Parker / V. Abiamiri

*Alex Hall is primarily a LB but can play DE if need be.

Not sure if the eagles are going to address DE again in this draft.

I doubt the Eagles take another DE, I see Tapp as the primary backup for both DE spots actually, and when Cole is done, he will be the RE.

I think the Eagles will look CB/OL in the second round, maybe trade into the third for a RB or LB, look RB/LB/DT/WR/SS in the fourth and fifth, and TE/OL/LB/SS in the sixth and seventh.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Love the BG55 pick. Will make the whole defense better, secondary included. We still have two 2nd round picks, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both used on DBs.

The Eagles draft is already a win for me though.

He helps the whole front 7 for sure, and with the pressure created by the front 7, it takes a lot of pressure off of the secondary. I don't see the Eagles taking a FS in the second round, maybe not at all, I think trading up for Graham is a sign that they are comfortable with their FS situation.

igglefanz
04-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Ok lets see here at the 37th pick here is where I think the Eagles should go.

1. Allen S USF
2. Mays S Usc
3. Cook CB Virgina
4. Walton C Baylor
5. Ducasse OG UMass

And later on this is My list if a DB is taken at 37

1. Walton C Baylor
2. Ducasse OG UMass
3. Jerry OG OlMiss
4. Cody DT Alabama
5. Gerheart RB Stanford

And my five if a non db is taken obviously of any of the 4 db's fall same order but projected at spot

1. Murphy CB USF
2. Ghee CB Wake
3. Wright S Flordia
4. Burnett S GT
5. Cox CB OSU

Sniper
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Ok lets see here at the 37th pick here is where I think the Eagles should go.

1. Mcourty CB Rugters

That might be a little tough.

D-Unit
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
I have a bad BAAAAD feeling that you guys are going to break my hearts and take Taylor Mays.

Sniper
04-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I have a bad BAAAAD feeling that you guys are going to break my hearts and take Taylor Mays.

Oh my god. Mays + Graham = how jealous would YOU be?

igglefanz
04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
That might be a little tough.

Yeah modded forgot about that pick *all embarrassed*

Thumper
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM

You have multiple hearts? Noted.

Anyway I really hope not, give me Reshad Jones, Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen over Taylor Mays.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Apparently the eagles like Dexter McCluster a lot...

superman8456
04-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Apparently the eagles like Dexter McCluster a lot...

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

superman8456
04-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Dodged a bullet there....

eaglesfan605
04-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Here we go. Trade back or Nate Allen hopefully.

Yes! Nate Allen!

superman8456
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Daryl Washington, Taylor Mays, Nate Allen, or Lamarr Houston.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
We just drafted Chris Gocong part 2...

Thumper
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah Andy Reid just said Nate Allen can play CB and that Daniel Te'o-Nesheim is moving to SLB. Andy Reid is incredistupid if he puts Nate Allen at CB.

And that SackSEER thing has DTN rated highly:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2010/introducing-sackseer

Te'O'Nesheim has been billed as a productive, high-energy player who lacks the athleticism to compete at a high level, but his 37-inch vertical leap and a 4.18-second short shuttle at the Combine are enough to convince SackSEER.

Too bad we won't see him at DE, he is another high energy player who will play his heart out though. Kind of a weird pick but its not terrible, hopefully Fokou wins the SLB battle so that DTN can move to DE where he can provide depth and become a good situational pass rusher.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I just watched the latest Andy Reid press conference and he said Daniel can play DE/DT, I was zoning in and out but I don't think he said he will be a SLB, which is what I initially thought.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah Andy Reid just said Nate Allen can play CB and that Daniel Te'o-Nesheim is moving to SLB. Andy Reid is incredistupid if he puts Nate Allen at CB.

And that SackSEER thing has DTN rated highly:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2010/introducing-sackseer

Too bad we won't see him at DE, he is another high energy player who will play his heart out though. Kind of a weird pick but its not terrible, hopefully Fokou wins the SLB battle so that DTN can move to DE where he can provide depth and become a good situational pass rusher.

We'll see Allen predominantly at FS, I believe, and I can see DTN as an SLB, though honestly, If we were going to draft a SLB there, I would have preferred Eric Norwood, as he fits well into the SLB role. In the end, he has the same questions as coverage as DTN, but I like him more for the role, as he has more experience in coverage and has some LB instincts already, whereas DTN will have to develop them. We may still see him at DE, so don't rule that out.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm VERY excited for tomorrow, 4 fourth round picks... I see CB, RB, WR, TE, OL all as possibilities there, and in the fifth we could see SS and Zoltan Mesko as possibilities.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
I think DTN will be a DL and with 4 picks in the 4th round we can defnitely still see a guy like Norwood or possibly AJ Edds tomorrow. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is a guy I really want tomorrow as well.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm VERY excited for tomorrow, 4 fourth round picks... I see CB, RB, WR, TE, OL all as possibilities there, and in the fifth we could see SS and Zoltan Mesko as possibilities.
Yep, some quality players still left on the board.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
I think DTN will be a DL and with 4 picks in the 4th round we can defnitely still see a guy like Norwood or possibly AJ Edds tomorrow. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is a guy I really want tomorrow as well.

I defintiely like Ansah, I think the Eagles may not have a shot at him at 105 tomorrow though. I'd love if the Eagles decide to keep DTN at DE and would get Norwood or Edds even. I'm going to find as much info about DTN and find all kinds of stories from the Eagles to see if that is even a possibility. I have a football game that ends at 10 am tomorrow, so I'm going to be flying home so I can watch the draft.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
The Eagles are drafting guys that are JUST like Trent Cole, good initial quickness, high effort, great motors, strong bases, smaller, intense etc. etc. Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and now DTN.

And whoever reported that DTN will play SLB was wrong, I stand corrected. Philly newspapers are terrible, they're wrong more often than they should be.

The Eagles are bringing in lunchpail players, they don't want a Shawn Andrews, Freddie Mitchell, Jerome McDougle, Chris Clemons or Kearse anymore, they are moving towards high motor players who play hard and with intelligence.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
No one is going to outwork the Eagles defensive ends, that is for sure.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
The Eagles are drafting guys that are JUST like Trent Cole, good initial quickness, high effort, great motors, strong bases, smaller, intense etc. etc. Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and now DTN.

And whoever reported that DTN will play SLB was wrong, I stand corrected. Philly newspapers are terrible, they're wrong more often than they should be.

The Eagles are bringing in lunchpail players, they don't want a Shawn Andrews, Freddie Mitchell, Jerome McDougle, Chris Clemons or Kearse anymore, they are moving towards high motor players who play hard and with intelligence.

Cool, that keeps my hopes alive for Norwood, who I think is the best possible SLB prospect for the Eagles that is still available. The Eagles DEs are going to be stacked for a LOOOOONG time.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh and Perrish Cox will not be an Eagle, Roseman flat out said he will not allow any character problems on this team. So I think that rules out Perrish Cox who is a terrible prospect off the field.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh and Perrish Cox will not be an Eagle, Roseman flat out said he will not allow any character problems on this team. So I think that rules out Perrish Cox who is a terrible prospect off the field.

I was thinking about Cox, but like you said, with how things are looking right now, I highlydoubt Cox will be an Eagle. I can see a guy like AJ Jefferson going to the Eagles at the end of the fourth round if the miss out on Ansah, as none of the remaining CBs fit the team that well.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Isn't Dominique Franks still out there? He would be good value and I'm pretty sure he's a high character guy (don't quote me on that, I could be completely wrong)

Thumper
04-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Brandon Graham will wear #94 and Nate Allen will wear #29

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Isn't Dominique Franks still out there? He would be good value and I'm pretty sure he's a high character guy (don't quote me on that, I could be completely wrong)

Franks is a high character guy, but doesn't fit the Eagles defense. He isn't physical, doesn't support the run well, and isn't known to jam WRs.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Reid said Te'o-Nesheim's coach described him as the DT version of Troy Polamalu - quiet and softspoken off field, a beast on it. -Geoff Mosher

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Reid said Te'o-Nesheim's coach described him as the DT version of Troy Polamalu - quiet and softspoken off field, a beast on it. -Geoff Mosher

That's pretty much how I'd describe him, on the field anyway. Of the games I saw and his highlight films, he flies around, is a beast. (An unrefined beast) He has strength, sometimes doesn't use it as well as he could, and has quickness. He uses leverage well, but not GREAT, he will benefit from learning. I was a little confused by the pick at first, but I like it a good bit.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the eagles pick up a veteran or 2 tomorrow as well.

eaglesfan605
04-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I really dislike the pick for Daniel Te'o-Nesheim. He is a good prospect, with good upside (sackSEER), but I don't think he will be on the field enough to make a high enough impact. There is a lot of depth at DE now, so it seems like Abiamiri or Parker are going to be to odd men/man out.

Now onto some prospects we could attempt to get tomorrow.

QB - John Skelton, Jarrett Brown, Jevan Snead

HB - LeGarrette Blount, Anthony Dixon, Jonathan Dwyer

WR - Carlton Mitchell, Dezmon Briscoe, Danario Alexander

TE - Dennis Pitta (BYU connection with Reid), Aaron Hernandez, Andrew Quarless, Colin Peek

C - Eric Olsen, Matt Tennant

DT - Cam Thomas, Arthur Jones, Geno Atkins

OLB - Eric Norwood, AJ Edds

CB - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Alterraun Verner, Donovan Warren

P - Zoltan Mesko

superman8456
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Literally every quality CB has been picked. Our only hope is Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or Donovan Warren.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the eagles pick up a veteran or 2 tomorrow as well.

Or trade one of the fourths for a 3rd next year (or a fifth for a 4th next year, you get the idea)

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Literally every quality CB has been picked. Our only hope is Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or Donovan Warren.

+ Zoltan Mesko would result in a flood of Sniper's... fluids...

cunningham06
04-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Reid said that they might try Nate Allen at CB. I hope we just keep him at safety though. I think that, assuming Nate is a serviceable starting FS, we should just move Macho back to CB. Anyone's better than Ellis Hobbs.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Reid said that they might try Nate Allen at CB. I hope we just keep him at safety though. I think that, assuming Nate is a serviceable starting FS, we should just move Macho back to CB. Anyone's better than Ellis Hobbs.

I see Harris or Jackson sliding back in to CB, honestly, and will at least push Hobbs, if not take over the starting spot.

superman8456
04-23-2010, 10:20 PM

Macho was a questionable college CB, I dont think he could last at CB.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Wasn't he an All-American? I think he could be a very good nickleback, don't see him as a starter though.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:25 PM

No, he was a questionable NFL CB, and depending how he is used, I can see him at CB next year, though I honestly think sliding Jackson over would be the better idea.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm going to bed, I have been sleep deprived over this last week, and need to be up to play football at 8:30 tomorrow morning, so I will hit the hay andwait in anticipation for what will surely be an exciting start to the draft tomorrow.

colide
04-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Time for eagles day for day 3 with 9 picks I'm pumped
Time for a wishlist

1 Mardy Gilyard next desean and another play maker and will fill our last hole at wr I don't have a clue why he's still our there
2 Joe McKnight same as marty but could give us explosion in the run game
3 Eric Noorwood he will fill the SLB hole perfectly
4 Aj Edds same as Noorwood
5 Cox from ok state
6 Rashad Jones how's he still there
7 Dorin Dickerson he's explosive
8 Kevin Bapsed he my sleeper
9 Thaddeus Gibson SLB!
10 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
11 Trindad Holiday
12 Selvish Capers

frubulubu
04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
If the Eagles dont acquire a veteran CB, we will have Hobbs in as our starter. I have a sweet and sour taste to all this.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Nate Allen seems like a great person, just listening to the way he talks, he is articulate, he is happy, he is thankful and he is humble. I'm excited the Eagles are bringing in high character lunch pail players, I was clamoring for these kind of players. I'm not sure if you guys all remember my post about how the Eagles were soft, they're not going to be as soft now with these tough additions. Graham, Allen and DTN are all hard workers. I'm excited.

DTN is weird as hell, this is a quote from his interview, Daniel said he wasn't watching the draft. When asked what he was doing instead he said... "I was laying down looking at the ceiling". What the hell? Hahaha.

Thumper
04-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Haha well DTN sure won't be a quote machine, most boring interview I've ever heard.

frubulubu
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
How about the circus the Cowboys will have in Bryant? The guy has character issues, and the way he and his friends and family acted, when he got drafted, was just plainly stupid.

Bigp5437
04-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Still unsure what character issues the guy has lol..and I don't remember what happened when he got drafted, somehow I feel like I didn't watch right after the pick

Thumper
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I think DTN may have been high while being interviewed... Check it out on PE.com

brat316
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Jackson will end up playing nickleback more now. Even if they draft a corner, you still need someone physical, and Jackson can fit the nickle spot perfectly. With Allen added, it allows Jackson to play both spots.

frubulubu
04-24-2010, 12:27 AM
I think DTN may have been high while being interviewed... Check it out on PE.com

My man, went from hitting that Cush, to doing a interview. He will fit right in Parker and Patterson.

LonghornsLegend
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM
How about the circus the Cowboys will have in Bryant? The guy has character issues, and the way he and his friends and family acted, when he got drafted, was just plainly stupid.

Because that was so out of the norm from 95% of the videos of the prospects that were at home? LOL. It's cool to think he's an idiot(which by all accounts he is), or that he'll suck, but to say him and his family acted stupid? Makes you sound like a hater. Dude was happy, so was his family, the scene you saw there was literally exactly the same one you saw when almost everyone got their name called who was sitting at home.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Right now I'm giving this draft an A- for the Eagles, they nabbed the best end in the draft and many out there think he has all-pro potential, Brandon Graham was truly an inspired pick. They drafted a guy who will likely start at FS for the next 7-8 years and do it well, not to mention he is a great person, really intelligent and humble. And I don't care if DTN is a stoner, he provides solid depth. I like the fact that the Eagles looked at the Dallas game, saw they put no pressure on Romo and decided to do something about it, they're building from the inside out and that is the way to build a defense. The Eagles were burned on the blitz, but that is partially because the Eagles had to blitz so much because the front four got no pressure, problem solved with the additions of Brandon Graham and DTN.

Now the Eagles need to grab a talented corner that Dick Jauron can develop. Maybe Akwasi Owusu-Ansah? Jauron could do work with AoA.

Regardless of how today works out, I think the Eagles grabbed two instant defensive starters in Nate Allen and Brandon Graham and that really was needed because the defense last year was in a sad state.

KevinKolbEra
04-24-2010, 04:21 AM
yeah Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is the best CB left on the board and he has great size so he can match up well against the bigger WRs we have to face. we got 4 picks in the 4th round so it should be interesting.

i think we take a CB, RB, DT and LB.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 04:26 AM
BTW in their college careers DTN and Brandon Graham combined for 60.5 sacks (31.5 for BG & 29 for DTN), 102 TFL (56 for BG, 46 for DTN) and 16 forced fumbles (8 each). Those two were beasts in college.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2009&org=418&player=55
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2009&org=756&player=66

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
I hope not, but I'm expecting John Skelton this round.

frubulubu
04-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Because that was so out of the norm from 95% of the videos of the prospects that were at home? LOL. It's cool to think he's an idiot(which by all accounts he is), or that he'll suck, but to say him and his family acted stupid? Makes you sound like a hater. Dude was happy, so was his family, the scene you saw there was literally exactly the same one you saw when almost everyone got their name called who was sitting at home.

Im a big Dez Bryant fan, and believe this guy has tremendous skills and talent. But I did see a diference between his reaction and many of the others players that were called. But that is simply his confidence and arrogance, and that will either make him geeat or break him.

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 07:58 AM
I think he was just extremely overwhelmed by the combination of being drafted and it being by the the cowboys, who are not only a great team right now but probably his favorite team as well.

eaglesfan605
04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Ugh Lindley is terrible. He has regressed the past two years and got destroyed in the Senior Bowl.

Akwasi has way more potential plus he adds return ability.

The only pick I really like so far is Nate Allen.

If I redraft based on where the eagles picked, here is what I would have done.

1.13 - Earl Thomas
2.5 - Daryl Washington/Vlad Ducasse
3.22 - Brandon Ghee
4.7 - Daniel Te'o-Neshiem

cunningham06
04-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Weak 4th round picks Eagles... I liked the first two days fine, but am not happy with the picks today so far.

So far I'd give our draft a B/B-.

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah, this is pretty underwhelming. Keenan Clayton is a huge head scratcher. Do we really need another WLB?

superman8456
04-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Bye-bye AOA.

eaglesfan605
04-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Another undersized DE. Ugh. This is getting pathetic.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Three DE's?

Overkill. ****!

Todd Bertuzzi
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Ricky Sapp is a steal that late. He just needs to get into the gym and put on some weight.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Sapp at that point is a steal, I like that pick. But that 4th round was TERRIBLE.

Lindley has potential, his Junior season he looked like a late Day 1 early Day 2 pick, he is long, has long arms and he was good in man to man coverage but he really struggled his senior season.

Clayton is an undersized LB who actually might move to SS, he has long arms, is good in coverage but isn't good in run support.

Kafka? Uhhhhh, potential and he is a bit similar to Tony Tomo as a player but he is undersized and doesn't have a huge arm, he is really accurate. Kind of like Colt McCoy but not as good in college.

Clay Harbor? A FB/TE tweener? Why? Is he really going to take over for Weaver, Celek, Ingram or Rucker? Waste of a pick.

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Harbor is a H-Back. He will be another weapon in this offense and will also be a great special teamer. I think they want Sapp to be a SLB.

superman8456
If anything, the Sapp picks make me hate the DTN pick more.

I also like Lindsey Witten more than most.

We definitely need to add some more CB's.

Go_Eagles77
I want Jonathan Dwyer.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Donovan Warren plz.

My RB choice (which I dont think we're going to draft a RB) would be Stafon Johnson.

colide
04-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I say we take a chance on stafon johnson
He willl have a chance in the return game and I think he would make a splash with his motor and heart he is the guy reid said he's looking for

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I guess I'm the only one who, with the exception of Lindley, really likes the fourth round. Lindley has potential, not sure I see the fit though. Kafka is a great pick, and fits well. He offers some insurance if Kolb doesn't work out. I really like Clayton at SS, perfect in the box SS/STer. I like Sapp, maybe he's the guy who drops back to SLB. I LOVE, the Harbor pick. Another great fit, good value player, who offers insurance if Ingram's knee wouldn't hold up. He also has great potential as a blocker. The Chargers trade is great for the Eagles, and getting that fifth rounder next year is great. I think the Saints thought the Eagles would take Tennant, and traded ahead of them. The Cooper pick is one I like too, great value.

cunningham06
Riley Cooper over Dezmon Briscoe... Why the hell a Florida receiver? All of them not named Percy Harvin have done very little in the NFL.

superman8456
Finally, a pick I actually love. I knew we were going to get a Riley Cooper, Eric Decker type of guy.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Great pick. Cooper will be a great depth receiver if anything. Best blocking receiver in college football. who can also get downfield and make some big plays.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 12:22 PM
I too would like Dwyer or Johnson.