PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

colide
04-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Johnson fits us too

Todd Bertuzzi
04-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Cooper's also another high character guy who was a great leader at Forida. Eagles are really going after these good character players this draft and I like it.

D-Unit
04-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Andy Reid = Hawaiian :)

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9899/76568595.png

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Haha he always wears shirts like that during the draft.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Andy Reid = Hawaiian :)

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9899/76568595.png

Reid said he liked the shirt because it was big. I think he said to Chucky that he could fit in there too.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
I hope the Eagles draft Jonathan Dwyer or Blount, two violent runners.

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 01:25 PM
I hope the Eagles draft Jonathan Dwyer or Blount, two violent runners.
Dwyer is a definite possibility but I highly doubt they go after Blount, they are clearly focusing on high-character guys.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Right now, everyone the Eagles have drafted has been very articulate and very intelligent from what I can tell. DTN is the only guy who wasn't but I'm pretty sure he was high so I'll give him a pass.

Maybe Stafon Johnson is next? He is a really high character guy.

cunningham06
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Right now, everyone the Eagles have drafted has been very articulate and very intelligent from what I can tell. DTN is the only guy who wasn't but I'm pretty sure he was high so I'll give him a pass.

Maybe Stafon Johnson is next? He is a really high character guy.

Ya I love his story, great guy who loves the game. That whisper voice is kinda creepy though.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Charles Scott.

It is what it is.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 02:05 PM
He is not a gamebreaker but he runs hard, he reminds me of Lendale White but he actually cares. I like the pick, the rotation is McCoy, Bell and Scott, thats is pretty good.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 02:09 PM
He is not a gamebreaker but he runs hard, he reminds me of Lendale White but he actually cares. I like the pick, the rotation is McCoy, Bell and Scott, thats is pretty good.

Gotta agree, I like it. So the seventh rounders... my bet is OL/DT or OL/OL or OL/Secondary

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 02:10 PM
7th rounders are both compensatory picks so it looks like we will have 12 picks total. Wow.

frubulubu
04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Espn tracker has Graham as playing OLB.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
ESPN tracker is wrong. Graham and DTN are ends for sure, I don't know about Ricky Sapp.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Charles Scott never fumbled in college according to a draft site that can't be named. Impressive.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
My two bets for our compensatory picks are Ciron Black and Jamar Chaney.

cunningham06
04-24-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrIY31e7yE

Love this pick, he looks fast on the field and is damn powerful.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 02:42 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ROrIY31e7yE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ROrIY31e7yE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

His junior year was fantastic, his senior year was below average, I believe those highlights are from his Junior year. I hope the Eagles get the junior year version of Scott because if they do they got an absolute steal.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 02:42 PM

His junior year, he was an absolute stud. Then during his senior year, he absolutely regressed. I think he was carrying some extra weight and that was the problem. Maybe the oline never got it together after losing a couple starters.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-24-2010, 02:45 PM
If anything he should provide us with a solid backup and short yardage back. It's only a 6th round pick so I'll take the risk.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Eagles just traded up, 13 picks from this draft. That is A LOT of rookies.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Jamar Chaney, Jamar Chaney, please draft Jamar Chaney!

Thumper
04-24-2010, 02:51 PM
STEAL! Jamar Chaney is a steal! YES!

superman8456
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Did I call it or what? Pay me my money!

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 02:58 PM
STEAL! Jamar Chaney is a steal! YES!

My buddy asked me why I was excited over a seventh round pick. I said, "BECAUSE ITS JAMAR CHANEY!!!!!!" Needless to say I love the pick.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Did I call it or what? Pay me my money!

I'll give you rep instead.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
I was really skeptical about the 4th round but the Eagles have really cleaned up later today with Ricky Sapp, Riley Cooper, Charles Scott and now Jamar Chaney. I wouldn't have bat an eye if they chose them in the 4th round, they're bringing in some late round talents.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 03:27 PM
If the Eagles finish with a Ciron Black and Donovan Warren, I would feel that we had a pretty good draft in the end. Probably B/B+ area.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Imagine if we didnt draft DNT and Ricky Sapp, we would be in good position to get Lindsey Witten.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Too bad Lindsey Witten is terrible.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 03:43 PM
We're about to be up.

Donovan Warren plz

superman8456
04-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Too bad Lindsey Witten is terrible.

I'm fine with you thinking that. I think he is a pretty good prospect and an exceptional value in the 7th.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Jeff Owens just picked, I love it. Black or Warren next would be nice.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Jeff Owens?

Questionable...

Thumper
04-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Jeff Owens and Kurt Coleman, Jeff Owens is a Bunkley type player and Coleman is a safety who can play FS, SS and nickelback. Good picks, two more steals.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Coleman, another safety to compete, I'll take it. Sniper must be upset about an OSU guy, but with Graham, he'll live with it.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I really like the Kurt Coleman pick, but I still wish we used one of those on Donovan Warren.

All in all, pretty good draft and I think its going to make for some pretty nice TC battles.

Sniper
04-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Coleman, another safety to compete, I'll take it. Sniper must be upset about an OSU guy, but with Graham, he'll live with it.

I like Coleman a lot, but I'd rather have Warren.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I have heard that Jauron convinced Andy and Sean McDermott to switch back to a 1-gap scheme and Jeff Owens would be a perfect NT in a one gap scheme, he is stout and strong, can stack up against any offensive guard and he doesn't get moved. He might overtake Trevor Laws, he is certainly better against the run than Laws is.

Also Coleman just fits this draft, he isn't flashy but he just loves the game and understands where to go on the field. He is a high motor, high intangibles, high effort kind of player who will come in and give it his all. He probably won't make the team but he will give someone a run for their money in training camp.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Jeff Owens?

Questionable...

No way, great fit, player, and value at a position of need.

First Reid draft without an O-linemen. Who would have thought? Maybe the team is looking at a newly available former Jet?

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 03:55 PM
I like Coleman a lot, but I'd rather have Warren.

Of course you would, but so would most of us.

cunningham06
04-24-2010, 03:58 PM

First Reid draft without an O-linemen. Who would have thought? Maybe the team is looking at a newly available former Jet?

I honestly can't believe it, I don't agree with it either, a G or C would have been good to take. IMO this means a trade for an interior O-lineman is inevitable, who it is remains to be seen.

Sniper
Of course you would, but so would most of us.

Not because of the school, but because of the position. I couldn't care less when it comes to drafting players from School X or Y (unless it's Brandon Graham :D). I want the best players for the Eagles.

eaglesfan605
I absolutely hated what the Eagles did this year in the draft. The entered this draft with a real opportunity to improve their team with 5 selections in the first three rounds. I do not feel that they did so. None of the players they drafted, in my opinion, have the potential to be a great, Pro Bowl player.

Round 1 Pick 13 - Brandon Graham DE Michigan

He was an ok selection. Has a nonstop motor and is skilled at rushing the passer. Also an undersized guy, which the Eagles always seen to always draft for some reason.

Grade - B

Round 2 Pick 5 - Nate Allen FS USF

Another ok, non-flashy selection. The 3rd best safety on the board for me, but just not enough upside to excite me with the pick. He has good skills overall, but nothing really jumps out at you. Based on need, however, I have to give this a good grade.

Grade - A

Round 3 Pick 22 - Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE/OLB Washington

Horrible selection. Not because he isn't a good prospect, or he doesn't have ability, but for the fact that they just drafted a DE with similar measurables in Round 1. Also, he was project by many draft experts/sites to go much later. The Eagles didn't get good value for the pick.

Grade - D+

Round 4 Pick 7 - Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky

The worst selection so far. Slow, lacks confidence, and has regressed each of the last two years. Was destroyed at the Senior Bowl. Bad value even in the 4th Round. Enough said.

Grade - F

Round 4 Pick 23 - Keenan Clayton OLB Oklahoma

Another pretty bad selection. Not a surprise that they draft an undersized player at a position they don't need with the recent trade for Ernie Sims.

Grade - D

Round 4 Pick 24 - Mike Kafka QB Northwestern

A mediocre selection. It's pathetic that he was the 5th QB drafted over a bunch of other more talented QB prospects. He is a smart kid, who isn't going to see the field for a while (obviously).

Grade - C

Round 4 Pick 27 - Clay Harbor TE/H-Back Missouri State

I like this pick a bit. A bit small, but a good blocker and receiver. Also has some upside. Needs to show he can play against better competition, but the only 3rd day pick I like so far.

Grade - B

Round 5 Pick 3 - Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson

Good prospect. Bad fit/pick. Why are they drafting players who are fits for the 3-4 system, when we run a 4-3? There isn't going to be enough playing time for all of these undersized DEs.

Grade - C-

Round 5 Pick 28 - Riley Cooper WR Florida

Meh. I think there were better, more talented WR prospects available at this juncture of the draft, but I can't be too upset with drafting Cooper. Has good size, pretty good speed. Like I said, nothing special about the pick.

Grade - C

Round 6 Pick 31 - Charles Scott RB LSU

A big RB, which they will never use. A practice squad player or training camp fodder. Even if he beats out Buckley, he won't get used, with McCoy, Bell, and Weaver all ahead of him.

Grade - C-

Round 7 Pick 13 - Jamar Chaney MLB Mississippi State

Hey, a good pick for once. Really played well at the Senior Bowl and is a good depth selection.

Grade - B

Round 7 Pick 36 - Jeff Owens DT Georgia

Another good depth selection and has the ability to be a rotation DT.

Grade - B

Round 7 Pick 37 - Kurt Coleman S Ohio State

It's sad that their 7th Round has been way better than their 4th Round.

Grade - B

How I Would Have Drafted
1.13 - Earl Thomas FS Texas
1.27 - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
3.22 - Navorro Bowman OLB Penn State
4.7 - Traded to move up to pick #27
4.23 - Traded to move up to pick #27
4.24 - Cam Thomas DT North Carolina
4.27 - Clay Harbor TE Missouri State
5.3 - Carlton Mitchell WR USF
5.28 - Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan
6.31 - Ted Larsen C NC State
7.13 - Jamar Chaney MLB Mississippi State
7.36 - LeGarrette Blount RB Oregon
7.37 - Kevin Basped DE Nevada

superman8456
04-24-2010, 04:00 PM

I know, but I just dont know if I would pick as the DT I would want. I dont really care, however. Warren would have made me happier.

Shawn Andrews will probably get resigned now for cheaper.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Here is the 2010 Draft Class, and they're bringing their lunch-pails and hard hats to work:

1- Brandon Graham DE Michigan
2- Nate Allen DB USF
3- Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE Washington
4- Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky
4- Keenan Clayton LB Oklahoma
4- Mike Kafka QB Northwestern
4- Clay Harbor TE/FB Missouri St.
5- Ricky Sapp DE/LB Clemson
5- Riley Cooper WR Florida
6- Charles Scott RB LSU
7- Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi St.
7- Jeff Owens DT Georgia
7- Kurt Coleman DB Ohio St.

I'm giving that a solid B, the third and fourth rounds are a bit sketchy, CB was adressed properly but the Eagles added tough players, instant starters at LE and FS as well as adding some key role players for the future. Good draft and one that will shape this Eagles team for the future, this class is tough and nasty, get ready to watch these guys play because its going to be fun (aside from Lindley, that'll be fun for the other team).

Sniper
04-24-2010, 04:01 PM
A+. You know why.

Sniper
04-24-2010, 04:02 PM
1- Brandon Graham DE Brandon Graham

He's so good that he's his own school.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 04:04 PM
The only two picks I have a real problem with are Trevard Lindley and DTN. Especially DTN because we passed up Jerome Murphy and Amari Spievey for him.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Warren probably wishes he had gone back to school now.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Warren probably wishes he had gone back to school now.

I dont know how you get slower from the combine to your proday, but he did it. I feel like he didnt train hard enough though, and its costing him.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Top udfa wants:

Donovan Warren, CB
Jarrett Brown, QB
Stafon Johnson, RB
Jeremy Williams, WR(can't believe he wasn't drafted)
Colin Peek, TE
Sergio Render, OG
Dennis Rogan, S

Thumper
04-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Ciron Black would make a very good OG IMO, Andy can manufacture guards like no ones' business.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 04:34 PM
AJ Wallace, CB, Penn State.
Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky.
DeMarcus Granger, NT, Oklahoma.
Vince Oghoobasse, DT, Duke

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Not because of the school, but because of the position. I couldn't care less when it comes to drafting players from School X or Y (unless it's Brandon Graham :D). I want the best players for the Eagles.

I remember from about a year ago you had a post talking about how you were happy there wasn't a single buckeye on the team, which is why I was saying that, lol...

Sniper
04-24-2010, 04:42 PM
I remember from about a year ago you had a post talking about how you were happy there wasn't a single buckeye on the team, which is why I was saying that, lol...

Well, there weren't any good ones available. ;)

Coleman is nice.

Sniper
04-24-2010, 04:42 PM
AJ Wallace, CB, Penn State.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Absolutely not. No, thanks. Nope. No, sir.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Defintiely agree with Sniper there, and I'm a PSU fan.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
I think we lost out on Warren to the Jets.

Sniper
04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
I think we lost out on Warren to the Jets.

Per Warren's Twitter, you're right.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 05:18 PM
I'd give the draft a B+, I like the DTN pick (not love it), he was valuable there and will help with the pass rush. With the drafting of Chaney, IDK how the team plans on using Sapp, but I think its mroe likely he stays at DE now. I honestly think Chaney may step in and be the SLB from the beginning of the season. The pass rush is set for a while, we know that. I think the LB corp is going to be good, not great, but it shouldn't be a concern. The safety positions aren't gonna be a concern for a while. Our WR corp is set for the near future, as is the TE position. DT is set now. This set the Eagles up so they shouldn't have to address quite a few positions for a long time. I wish CB would have been addressed sooner, but I think it will be where the Eagles focus early next year if they don't acquire a CB. The same can be said about OL too.

Pick By Pick:
Brandon Graham: A. I love the pick, best DE in the draft, fits best and went right around where his value was, maybe a little sooner, but still good value for what he will do. Will start right away, IMO. Would be an A+ if we didn't have to give up the third rounders, but I'm nitpicking.

Nate Allen: A. Another pick I like, at the time I prefferred Burnett, but with how the Eagles went about this draft I see Allen as the better fit. Has more coverage ability than Burnett, but also helps some in the run game, and tackles well in space.

Daniel Te'o-Nesheim: C-. DE isn't a huge need with Graham on the board, but he fits in perfect at RE and is another type of guy the Eagles seem to like. People vary on his stock, but I think right about here is his value.

Trevard Lindley: D+. Keeps this from a D or below because its at the Eagles biggest position of need. A reach here and I don't really like the fit either. Has potential though, which also helps this grade.

Keenan Clayton: D-. I'm not sure where he fits, but we don't really need a OLB. He can be an option at safety in runnign situations, but outside of that, IDK. Not a great fit and not a good value at all.

Mike Kafka: B. I like Kafka, great fit and offers an option if, for whatever reason, Kolb would fail (Which I doubt). Good value and could end up as a great backup or even a starter, in 3 or 4 years.

Clay Harbor: B+. Another great value that fits the offense. Lots of upside and could be a steal. I really like him a lot. He fits the offense as a receiver, but is already the best blocking TE the Eagles have, which is needed. The Eagles, like the Cowboys, now have three valid options at TE.

Ricky Sapp: C. Before I said I thought he may slide out to SLB, I doubt it now. Another RE guy, but unlike DTN, Sapp has some issues about his strength. Once again, the lack of need drops down the grade, but the value he has here brings the grade back up. If either or both DTN and Sapp pan out, RE is set for years.

Riley Cooper: B+. We all knew the Eagles would take a WR. Cooper had the best value of all the WRs left, fits the system well, and adds a red zone threat. Not to mention is a decent blocker. This would be an A if WR were a more glaring need.

Charles Scott: B-. I'm not the biggest Scott fan, but he has his positives. He will defintiely compliment Shady and will challenge for some short yardage/goalline snaps. Value is just about right here, and the need is there.

Jamar Chaney: A+. The most valuable pick, especially for the Eagles, in the draft. SLB is a big need and I think Chaney can step in and start right away. He fits the Eagles mold of LB. He has strength, can help against the run and offers some pass rush, though I wouldn't say much more than Gocong. He has good instincts in coverage, which will help, but lets face it, there aren't many LBs that are going to cover the likes of Witten.

Jeff Owens: A. I love Owens, he is a good fit at NT and fills a position that needed some depth. Great value here as well.

Kurt Coleman: C+. Another guy who is a CB/FS tweener. Not sure where his fit is, but he will provide some competition and could be on the practice squad.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Per Warren's Twitter, you're right.

WTF Jets, first Wilson, then Warren!?!?!?! lol

Morton
04-24-2010, 05:34 PM
This draft had some nice players in it, but not taking ANY OL at any point in the draft, and only taking one CB who wasn't even rated very highly - those two things make it a confusing draft for me.

I would have liked to see a better CB taken higher, and perhaps an OL or two.

Sniper
04-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Kurt Coleman: C+. Another guy who is a CB/FS tweener. Not sure where his fit is, but he will provide some competition and could be on the practice squad.

He's not a CB/FS. He's a SS/Nickel-type.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 05:39 PM
He's not a CB/FS. He's a SS/Nickel-type.

Wow, I just kinda coasted through the end of there, and mustn't have realized what I was saying. I think I even menitoned him and Clayton competing at SS. (Checked, I didn't... WTF). But yea, can you tell I haven't slept much this past week? Tonight into tomorrow I'll be catching up on a lot of sleep.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Reid was talking with Dave Spadaro on the draft round up. Reid said that Sapp has the ability to play SLB and play with his hand on the ground, but he also said that Omar, Akeem, and Moise can all do it as well.

Ricky Sapp played the "bandit" position at Clemson. Basically, that is being a rush linebacker, both with a hand on the ground and stand up.

superman8456
04-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Is Brandon James an UDFA?

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Yes. I doubt the eagles are interested, they're fine at returner.

Thumper
04-24-2010, 09:32 PM
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Arkansas+v+Texas+DW8m2kv2Ilml.jpg

Early favorite for the 2011 pick: Aaron Williams CB Texas

superman8456
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ucla/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/3672583.jpeg

My boy, Akeem Ayers

or the guy nobody knows about yet

http://media.scout.com/media/image/65/654248.jpg

brat316
04-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Sapp should play SLB and leave DTN at RDE. Sapp even though he has the numbers for a RDE, doesn't play like one, not very strong and gets taken out of the run game easily. Has a good first step, but his only move is to run by the OT.

BaLLiN
04-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Sapp was a steal for you guys, what did i say when you traded Sheldon? I knew you'd use those picks to get those late round linebackers. Clayton, Sapp, and Chaney.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Arkansas+v+Texas+DW8m2kv2Ilml.jpg

Early favorite for the 2011 pick: Aaron Williams CB Texas

Also keep Ras-I Dowling, Patrick Peterson, and a few other CBs in mind. The Eagles don't really have a history with Texas DBs, so keep that in mind. Also look for O-linemen Mike Pouney, James Wilson, Stefen Wisniewski, Christopher O'Dowd, and John Moffitt as possible early selections. I also like Gabe Carimi, but if he does like I expect, he may not be avaiable for the Eagles pick.

frubulubu
04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
The draft came and left, and I have one question. Who is our starting CB's?

Thumper
04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
The draft came and left, and I have one question. Who is our starting CB's?

Asante at LCB and at RCB it is a cluster **** between Marlin Jackson, Ellis Hobbs, Macho Harris, Joselio Hanson and Trevard Lindley.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Asante at LCB and at RCB it is a cluster **** between Marlin Jackson, Ellis Hobbs, Macho Harris, Joselio Hanson and Trevard Lindley.

I hope Marlin Jackson switches to CB and wins that, because WBs aren't even going to need to look at the left side of our defense if Hobbs is in there...

I honestly think Jackson, Harris, or Hanson would all be better options at RCB.

frubulubu
04-24-2010, 10:26 PM
I agree, hope Jackson moves to corner, and have Allen play S.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Throw Andy Reid on Miles Austin or Dez Bryant, he'll do just as good a job as Hobbs.

colide
04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

A list of most udfa's and where they ended up

frubulubu
04-24-2010, 11:37 PM
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

A list of most udfa's and where they ended up

I just read this at this other forum I'M apart of. Are you the same dude, lol. Blount goes to the Niners, isnt that something?

Thumper
04-24-2010, 11:55 PM
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2010/04/23/18/72-Eagles_Graham_Football.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate .56.jpg

frubulubu
04-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Great pic Thumper, I cant wait til I get my hands on my Graham Jersey.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I doubt the Eagles sign too many UDFAs this year. lots of competition as it is already. Of course expect a BYU guy, or a linemen for a camp/practice squad competition. I'd expect some CBs as well as a WR and an RB. Expect a FB, the Eagles have signed a UDFA FB the last few offseasons to split carries, help ease the load on Weaver in TC/ Maybe an LB or two as well as a safety and another K or P, maybe both.

Thumper
04-25-2010, 04:16 AM
DT Charles Alexander, Louisiana State
RB Keith Flemming, West Texas A&M
WR Kevin Jurovich, San Jose State
CB Josh Morris, Weber State
Blue Cooper, WR, Tenn-Chattanooga
Chris Zardas, FB, Umass
Pat Simonds, WR, Colgate
Joey Elliott, QB, Purdue
David Pender, CB, Purdue

Its a nice haul if you ask me, they added a camp body at FB in Zardas, they added a camp arm in Elliott who Ron Jaworski was raving about today on ESPN, Charles Alexander is a good DT, The Eagles must meet the white receiver quota because they signed 3 of them and drafted another, Jurovich ran a 4.4 and looks like a slot guy, Blue Cooper is a 6'4" receiver and Pat Simonds is a 6'6" and 225 pound behemoth of a WR. None of these guys make the team but they're interesting to see signed.

The two signings that are really good IMO are David Pender and Josh Morris, both of whom could make the team at CB. Pender is a 6' tall, 180 pound corner with 4.4 speed, is physical and started all 4 years at Purdue. Josh Morris from Weber state is another big guy at 6' tall, 186 pounds with 4.4 speed as well. Both Morris and Pender could've been drafted and nobody would've been confused, they're both impressive athletes. If I had to choose one to make the team, my money is on Pender.

Sniper
04-25-2010, 08:36 AM
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2010/04/23/18/72-Eagles_Graham_Football.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate .56.jpg

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2010, 04:56 PM
DT Charles Alexander, Louisiana State
RB Keith Flemming, West Texas A&M
WR Kevin Jurovich, San Jose State
CB Josh Morris, Weber State
Blue Cooper, WR, Tenn-Chattanooga
Chris Zardas, FB, Umass
Pat Simonds, WR, Colgate
Joey Elliott, QB, Purdue
David Pender, CB, Purdue

Its a nice haul if you ask me, they added a camp body at FB in Zardas, they added a camp arm in Elliott who Ron Jaworski was raving about today on ESPN, Charles Alexander is a good DT, The Eagles must meet the white receiver quota because they signed 3 of them and drafted another, Jurovich ran a 4.4 and looks like a slot guy, Blue Cooper is a 6'4" receiver and Pat Simonds is a 6'6" and 225 pound behemoth of a WR. None of these guys make the team but they're interesting to see signed.

The two signings that are really good IMO are David Pender and Josh Morris, both of whom could make the team at CB. Pender is a 6' tall, 180 pound corner with 4.4 speed, is physical and started all 4 years at Purdue. Josh Morris from Weber state is another big guy at 6' tall, 186 pounds with 4.4 speed as well. Both Morris and Pender could've been drafted and nobody would've been confused, they're both impressive athletes. If I had to choose one to make the team, my money is on Pender.

Hahahaha, pretty much what I expected, I think we'll see another OL or two, and maybe a LB or S.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Anyone take notice to one of the major trends the Eagles had with this draft? I'm not talking about leadership, or hard working motor, which is very nice to have, but I'm talking another trend...

Not one of the Eagles draft picks was an underclassmen, not one out of thirteen. And with the exception of Kafka, every single draft pick played more than 43 games, Kafka playing in 30. The Eagles must like having a large sample size to choose from, so it helps them further grasp and understand what they are getting out of each and every one of the draft picks.

Go_Eagles77
04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
That's definitely a change from the past couple seasons with guys like Maclin, McCoy, DeSean, etc. I also noticed that all 13 were invited to the combine, and they usually go after more small school sleeper/ under the radar players. It's pretty rare that I've at least heard of every pick the eagles make, especially when they pick 13.

brat316
04-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Anyone take notice to one of the major trends the Eagles had with this draft? I'm not talking about leadership, or hard working motor, which is very nice to have, but I'm talking another trend...

Not one of the Eagles draft picks was an underclassmen, not one out of thirteen. And with the exception of Kafka, every single draft pick played more than 43 games, Kafka playing in 30. The Eagles must like having a large sample size to choose from, so it helps them further grasp and understand what they are getting out of each and every one of the draft picks.

Wouldn't it be a smaller sample size? Your are eliminating, Jrs, guys that are injured, guys that have not played 43 games, not to mention guys with red flags and ones that just don't fit.

New GM doing work...taking kind of the Bill Parcels approach, must be a senior, must have played at least 40 games, completed school.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't it be a smaller sample size? Your are eliminating, Jrs, guys that are injured, guys that have not played 43 games, not to mention guys with red flags and ones that just don't fit.

New GM doing work...taking kind of the Bill Parcels approach, must be a senior, must have played at least 40 games, completed school.

I mean they like to have a large exampe of what the players can do, so you better understand them as a prospect.

I don't now if it was a coincidence or not, but I thought it was something to talk about.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
That's definitely a change from the past couple seasons with guys like Maclin, McCoy, DeSean, etc. I also noticed that all 13 were invited to the combine, and they usually go after more small school sleeper/ under the radar players. It's pretty rare that I've at least heard of every pick the eagles make, especially when they pick 13.

Also keep in mind the their earlier picks wer on defense, usually the top offensive skill positions, especially RB, are underclassmen.

Morton
04-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm afraid that in 2 years we'll look back on this draft and wish we had taken Earl Thomas in the first round instead.

Sniper
04-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm afraid that in 2 years we'll look back on this draft and wish we had taken Earl Thomas in the first round instead.

I'm afraid that in two seconds, we'll look back at this post and realize how amazingly moronic it is.

Done.

camp_eagles
04-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Or Thomas could be like Michael Huff and we thank god we picked Brandon Graham instead.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm afraid that in two seconds, we'll look back at this post and realize how amazingly moronic it is.

Done.

Your fears have merit...

frubulubu
04-27-2010, 06:30 PM
We could've had Warren Sapp, and instead drafted Mike Mamula. Nobody will even remember this draft and say we couldve...

Thumper
04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
We could've had Warren Sapp, and instead drafted Mike Mamula. Nobody will even remember this draft and say we couldve...

Everyone remembers the 2001 draft as the drafte we drafted Freddie Mitchell when we could've had Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers or Steve Smith...

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2010, 10:21 PM
This is a different situation however, as they are players at different positions.

Morton
04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Remember 2003 when we moved up to #15 to select a DE named Jerome McDougle? And immediately after that at #16 a safety was selected whose name was Troy Polamalu?

The safety turned out to be a pretty decent player. The DE? Not so much.

This draft felt eerily similar to me. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out the same way.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Remember 2003 when we moved up to #15 to select a DE named Jerome McDougle? And immediately after that at #16 a safety was selected whose name was Troy Polamalu?

This draft felt eerily similar to me. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out the same way.
We didn't exactly need a safety that year with Brian Dawkins in his prime and a young Michael Lewis already on the team.

Sniper
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM

So that automatically means that Graham will bust and Thomas will be a stud? Tremendous logic.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 06:30 PM

We didn't exactly need a safety that year with Brian Dawkins in his prime and a young Michael Lewis already on the team.

Exactly, its a different situation, not to mention Graham and McDougal are different types of players, and Thomas and Polamalu are COMPLETELY different types of players.

Thumper
04-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I think those are different scenarios, people weren't clamoring for a FS at that time because they had Dawk who was better than Troy P. So they don't look at that draft and say, we should've taken Troy! But in this case, I think since so many people were thinking Earl Thomas, and since FS was a gaping need they will always look back and compare the two and the Eagles will either look really good or really stupid. I think they look really good right now but we'll see.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I think those are different scenarios, people weren't clamoring for a FS at that time because they had Dawk who was better than Troy P. So they don't look at that draft and say, we should've taken Troy! But in this case, I think since so many people were thinking Earl Thomas, and since FS was a gaping need they will always look back and compare the two and the Eagles will either look really good or really stupid. I think they look really good right now but we'll see.

Definitely, I would've loved Thomas, but he has holes in his game that I would think are what made Graham the pick over him.

Name one hole in Graham's game that even approaches the severity of Thomas' lack of tackling ability... you can't.

superman8456
04-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Definitely, I would've loved Thomas, but he has holes in his game that I would think are what made Graham the pick over him.

Name one hole in Graham's game that even approaches the severity of Thomas' lack of tackling ability... you can't.

How about the fact that his ceiling is significantly lower than Thomas'? Dont get me wrong, I think Brandon Graham is a great player, but I dont think he will get much better than he is right now.

He could come in and be a 6-10 sack guy his rookie year, but I wouldnt be surprised if he was just a 6-10 sack guy for the rest of his career. Not bad production at all, but its what separates the elite from the good.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 07:30 PM
How about the fact that his ceiling is significantly lower than Thomas'? Dont get me wrong, I think Brandon Graham is a great player, but I dont think he will get much better than he is right now.

He could come in and be a 6-10 sack guy his rookie year, but I wouldnt be surprised if he was just a 6-10 sack guy for the rest of his career. Not bad production at all, but its what separates the elite from the good.

There's where you and I disagree, I see Graham eventually becoming a consistent ~12 or more sack player in three years.

And that's not really a hole in his game, it would be considered his hole as a prospect... But you could pose simlar questions about Thomas.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2010, 07:32 PM

I don't agree with that at all. I thing Graham has the ability to be a double-digit sack guy year in and year out. He could be better than Trent Cole (who I'm sure we can all agree is elite). Earl Thomas on the other hand will be a great ball hawk but his lack of ability to help in the run game will always keep him from being an elite player.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't agree with that at all. I thing Graham has the ability to be a double-digit sack guy year in and year out. He could be better than Trent Cole (who I'm sure we can all agree is elite). Earl Thomas on the other hand will be a great ball hawk but his lack of ability to help in the run game will always keep him from being an elite player.

I agree with this all except I don't necessarily agree with how this last sentence was worded. He very well could be elite, but he will have to build up his ability in the run game to where he is at least average. He looks like he will cnsisitently be a great player in coverage, making plays against the pass. But Graham has the potential to be great in both the run and pass game. If you ask me, I'd rather have a guy you is great in all phases of his game than another guy who is elite in one phase and mediocre in the other.

B-Dawk
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
graham is not just gonna get sacks though, with his motor he is gonna rack up hurries as well as TFL's

Sniper
04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
How about the fact that his ceiling is significantly lower than Thomas'?

He's been playing DE for three years. You're right. He certainly can't get any better.

superman8456
04-28-2010, 08:31 PM
He's been playing DE for three years. You're right. He certainly can't get any better.

Limited athletically, limited physically, and often gets engulfed by bigger offensive linemen. Considering pretty much every offensive linemen he will see in the NFL will have a significant size advantage on him, he will either have to get better or try and get by off his elite motor.

eagles6606
04-28-2010, 08:33 PM

If we can get 10 sacks opposite Trent Cole, then Graham is a good pick. He doesn't need to have 20 sacks. Graham needs to be solid against the run and a 10 sack player. If he can do that, then he is a great pick.

Thumper
04-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Limited athletically, limited physically, and often gets engulfed by bigger offensive linemen. Considering pretty much every offensive linemen he will see in the NFL will have a significant size advantage on him, he will either have to get better or try and get by off his elite motor.

You are out of your mind. Gets engulfed by blockers? He was one of, if not the best run defender in the draft. And you must not have watched Brandon Graham at all, he completely destroyed Bulaga and Stafford in college, two players who profile as starters at the NFL level and he completely dominated at the senior bowl as well. He dominated the best talent he went against. And significant size advantage? At about 6'1" and 268 pounds his girth is not a problem, he is a solidly built guy. And you fail to mention the quickness and suddenness advantage he will have against any RT he will go against.

Sniper
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM

You honestly have zero ******* clue as to what you're talking about.

Graham apefucked the best competition all season. He literally and figuratively beat the everloving **** out of Bryan Bulaga. He made Gabe Carimi his *****. He made a mockery out of Ohio State's entire offensive line. Seriously. Go watch tape before you come around here spouting off **** that you obviously have zero ******* clue about.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Hell, just watch 5 minutes of the Senior Bowl practices.

D-Unit
04-28-2010, 08:52 PM
I have to say... I would've loved Brandon Graham for the Cowboys. As either an ILB or OLB in our 3-4 system. As far as hit fit as a traditional DE in the 4-3, I don't think that's his best NFL fit. He needs to be an OLB like Woodley... we all saw what a difference the switch made for Elvis Dumervil. I think he's a 9-12 sack guy in the 4-3, but in the 3-4, he'd rip off a few more.

superman8456
04-28-2010, 09:03 PM
You are out of your mind. Gets engulfed by blockers? He was one of, if not the best run defender in the draft. And you must not have watched Brandon Graham at all, he completely destroyed Bulaga and Stafford in college, two players who profile as starters at the NFL level and he completely dominated at the senior bowl as well. He dominated the best talent he went against. And significant size advantage? At about 6'1" and 268 pounds his girth is not a problem, he is a solidly built guy. And you fail to mention the quickness and suddenness advantage he will have against any RT he will go against.

I'm not arguing his talents, I'm pointing out his weaknesses. I'm also not the only person who thinks this.

The Bad: Struggles against large tackles and engulfed at the point of attack. Displays marginal skill moving in reverse if asked to play in coverage.
scouting report on Philadelphiaeagles.com

Cons

A bit shorter than your prototypical Defensive End
Does not have great speed for his size
Sometimes, can get engulfed by big Lineman
Has a tough time with double teams.
scouting report from nfldraftgeek.com

Doesn't have the ideal height you look for --- Short arms --- Frame may be maxed out --- Not a great athlete --- Average speed, quickness and agility --- Not real explosive --- Lacks a burst --- Struggles in space --- A tad inconsistent --- Might have to change positions --- Upside is limited.
our own Scott Wright

I agree he had some EXTREMELY nice plays against Bulaga, but it was expectedly inconsistent. Its not like he was beating him up every play. Bulaga has some highlight reel material as well from that game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYk6GzwHC4

You bring up the senior bowl, which I agree he did well at, but its relative. In practice you saw him go up against Ed Wang (5th round pick). During the game, Graham went up against Selvish Capers (6th? round pick), and ate his lunch, as well as Ciron Black (UDFA).

His is a 1st round caliber player, but to think he will have a seemless transition to the NFL is idiotic. To act like he is not limited in some aspects is also completely idiotic.

superman8456
04-28-2010, 09:13 PM
You honestly have zero ******* clue as to what you're talking about.

Graham apefucked the best competition all season. He literally and figuratively beat the everloving **** out of Bryan Bulaga. He made Gabe Carimi his *****. He made a mockery out of Ohio State's entire offensive line. Seriously. Go watch tape before you come around here spouting off **** that you obviously have zero ******* clue about.

Take a step back from your computer, take your homer goggles off, come back and put a coherent argument together.

You keep on saying he made all these left tackles his *****, but he lined up on both sides of the dline. I understand he made good plays. He did it all season long.

You guys think me saying he's going to be a "6-10 sack guy" is a bad thing, but it isnt. All I'm saying is what I feel like he is going to do. This is one of those I'd be happy to be wrong about, but I have no reason to be believe otherwise.

I've watched the tape multiple times. Great college player. Amazing motor, great strength, and good pass rush moves.

frubulubu
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
We got the best DE, in the draft and we find people who are hating on this pick, geez!

brat316
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Take a step back from your computer, take your homer goggles off, come back and put a coherent argument together.

You keep on saying he made all these left tackles his *****, but he lined up on both sides of the dline. I understand he made good plays. He did it all season long.

You guys think me saying he's going to be a "6-10 sack guy" is a bad thing, but it isnt. All I'm saying is what I feel like he is going to do. This is one of those I'd be happy to be wrong about, but I have no reason to be believe otherwise.

I've watched the tape multiple times. Great college player. Amazing motor, great strength, and good pass rush moves.

Yeah its really not, Trent Cole is 6-10 sack guy.

Sniper
04-28-2010, 09:22 PM

Carimi is a right tackle. Yes, that'd be the same right tackle that Graham obliterated with a speed rush to force a fumble which was recovered by Ryan Van Bergen and run in for a touchdown. Why yes, that is the same Gabe Carimi that is consistently listed as either the top or second-best OT for the 2011 draft.

Bulaga is a left tackle. Yes, that'd be the same left tackle that Graham obliterated with a speed rush and an inside move to get a pair of sacks. Yes, in case you're wondering, that is the same Bulaga that got drafted in the first round by the Packers.

I mean, yeah, we should definitely take your opinion on Graham over mine. It's not like I watched every single game the guy played in college or anything.

Thumper
04-28-2010, 09:27 PM

Trent Cole is a 9-14 kind of guy, he has gotten 34 sacks in the past three seasons and has hit 12.5 sacks twice while consistently rating as one of the highest defensive ends in hurries and QB hits. His numbers might even go up now that he has a potential impact pass rusher opposite him.

superman8456
04-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Carimi is a right tackle. Yes, that'd be the same right tackle that Graham obliterated with a speed rush to force a fumble which was recovered by Ryan Van Bergen and run in for a touchdown. Why yes, that is the same Gabe Carimi that is consistently listed as either the top or second-best OT for the 2011 draft.

Bulaga is a left tackle. Yes, that'd be the same left tackle that Graham obliterated with a speed rush and an inside move to get a pair of sacks. Yes, in case you're wondering, that is the same Bulaga that got drafted in the first round by the Packers.

I mean, yeah, we should definitely take your opinion on Graham over mine. It's not like I watched every single game the guy played in college or anything.

You also have an INCREDIBLE bias. You've seen a lot of him, but what do you remember? You remember the good because he was a bright spot on a very bleak defense.

Brandon Graham showed up well in big games. He played well against good players, but there are reasons myself and scouts say things like "limited athletically" and "limited upside".

Gabe Carimi = "2009: Started all 13 games at left tackle" via Wisconsin athletic site

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I love how people say Graham is limitted athletically, but performed right around the same at the combine as any of the other top DEs this year, who are labelled as physical freaks. Graham is shorter than the other top DEs in this draft, if you look back at his combine numbers, they are similar to any of the other top DEs. As far as his size... He weighs the same as Cole, and you know how he is doing. Like Cole, he plays with great leverage, and actually, Graham may be stronger than him, so with his stength and GREAT use of leverage, he does fine, hell, more than fine, he still dominates.

I have to say... I would've loved Brandon Graham for the Cowboys. As either an ILB or OLB in our 3-4 system. As far as hit fit as a traditional DE in the 4-3, I don't think that's his best NFL fit. He needs to be an OLB like Woodley... we all saw what a difference the switch made for Elvis Dumervil. I think he's a 9-12 sack guy in the 4-3, but in the 3-4, he'd rip off a few more.
I have to say I disagree with you. I know he played LB in high school, but if you look at him now, his physique and his style of play, he is the perfect fit as a 4-3 LE. I have no doubt Graham would be able to learn and adjust to coverage if he was in a 3-4, but he is much better suited in the 4-3 where he won't be asked to do that nearly as much.

Cole's only season with under 8 sacks was his rookie year. He had 8 his second year, 12.5 his third year, 9 his fourth, and 12.5 last year. If I remember correctly, he had an injury two years ago (ankle?) that slowed him down. I say Cole is a 10-12 sack type of guy, with the ability to get to 14, definitely not a 6-10 anymore. I expect Graham to have similar sack numbers, and actually, maybe a bit more. And like Cole he is great against the run as well, which has added value.

Sniper
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Trent Cole is a 9-14 kind of guy, he has gotten 34 sacks in the past three seasons and has hit 12.5 sacks twice while consistently rating as one of the highest defensive ends in hurries and QB hits. His numbers might even go up now that he has a potential impact pass rusher opposite him.

But he's, like, not 6'6", 280 pounds. There's no way he could be good at football.

You also have an INCREDIBLE bias. You've seen a lot of him, but what do you remember? You remember the good because he was a bright spot on a very bleak defense.

I remember me not really buying into the Brandon Graham hype before his junior year because he was a one-dimensional player who didn't hold up well against the run. I remember when Brandon Graham almost became a defensive tackle because he was a lazy ****. I remember Brandon Graham not being able to make it past three plays in a row because he was almost 290 pounds in the Capital One Bowl against Florida. I remember being pissed that Graham ate his ass to the defensive line because he was a five-star recruit at MLB, the biggest position of need for the Wolverines at the time (actually, still is.) I remember thinking that he was going to be a bust after his freshman year because I didn't think he'd be able to make an impact at DE in such a short time span. Yep, you're right. You know everything about me and what I think.

Brandon Graham showed up well in big games. He played well against good players, but there are reasons myself and scouts say things like "limited athletically" and "limited upside".

He showed up well in every game.

Gabe Carimi = "2009: Started all 13 games at left tackle" via Wisconsin athletic site

Mea culpa. So instead, he beat "Insert Badass Wisconsin OT of the future here".

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM

Sniper may be incredibly biased in terms of Michigan, but he doesn't let it effect him when talking about players. How many Michigan players have we heard Sniper say will suck in the NFL? A lot. (How bout that Obi Ezeh Sniper, haha). What I'm saying is yes, he's a fan of the team, but he isn't afraid to tell the truth about the players either.

I'm a PSU fan and I've been a Graham fan for a long time. Also, wasn't there a time when you were a huge Graham fan as well?

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 09:43 PM
But he's, like, not 6'6", 280 pounds. There's no way he could be good at football.

I remember me not really buying into the Brandon Graham hype before his junior year because he was a one-dimensional player who didn't hold up well against the run. I remember when Brandon Graham almost became a defensive tackle because he was a lazy ****. I remember Brandon Graham not being able to make it past three plays in a row because he was almost 290 pounds in the Capital One Bowl against Florida. I remember being pissed that Graham ate his ass to the defensive line because he was a five-star recruit at MLB, the biggest position of need for the Wolverines at the time (actually, still is.) I remember thinking that he was going to be a bust after his freshman year because I didn't think he'd be able to make an impact at DE in such a short time span. Yep, you're right. You know everything about me and what I think.

Graham moved around a lot on Michigan's DL, you very well may remember him blasting Carimi, because I remember a few plays where Graham got the best of him.

brat316
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM

how can he be a 14 sack guy? if he hasnt hit 14. he is a kind of a double digit sack guy, he did have one year of 9. And no you can't just give that one other sack to him, else why not just do it for everyone.

I don't like bunching stats like that either unless a player has been doing it consistently, if he had 8, 12.5, 10, 12.5 then i wouldn't mind. But bunching stats like that isn't always a good indicator of how consistent a player is, I know he is very good. Hell then Cro three year line sounds pretty good 15 ints in three years.

Sniper
04-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Sniper may be incredibly biased in terms of Michigan, but he doesn't let it effect him when talking about players. How many Michigan players have we heard Sniper say will suck in the NFL? A lot. (How bout that Obi Ezeh Sniper, haha).

Not even playin', EATW. Don't ever bring up that scrub until he does something useful.

I'm a PSU fan and I've been a Graham fan for a long time. Also, wasn't there a time when you were a huge Graham fan as well?

Can't be. He's not 6'7", 290 pounds like the amazing Carlos Dunlap. Measurables always determine who the better player is.

Isn't it kind of funny that Graham is six inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Dunlap yet is much better at every facet of the game?

brat316
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM

I thought Graham volunteered to play DT? I read that he wanted to do whatever it took to see the field so he played DT when they were thin there. Didn't he also play ST just so he could get on the feild?

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
how can he be a 14 sack guy? if he hasnt hit 14. he is a kind of a double digit sack guy, he did have one year of 9. And no you can't just give that one other sack to him, else why not just do it for everyone.

I don't like bunching stats like that either unless a player has been doing it consistently, if he had 8, 12.5, 10, 12.5 then i wouldn't mind. But bunching stats like that isn't always a good indicator of how consistent a player is, I know he is very good. Hell then Cro three year line sounds pretty good 15 ints in three years.

He can be a 14 sack guy because he had two years where he was 1.5 sacks away. It definitely isn't out of the realm of possibilites at all. And when you consider how many sacks he shared (probably at least 3) he could already have 14. He isn't far away from it, and I think in the future we should expect 10-14 sacks out of Cole per season.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Not even playin', EATW. Don't ever bring up that scrub until he does something useful.

Can't be. He's not 6'7", 290 pounds like the amazing Carlos Dunlap. Measurables always determine who the better player is.

Isn't it kind of funny that Graham is six inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Dunlap yet is much better at every facet of the game?

See superman? lol

I love that Graham is able to do what he is, as a shorter person myself, I root for shorter guys. Its a result of the hard work.

Sniper
04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I thought Graham volunteered to play DT? I read that he wanted to do whatever it took to see the field so he played DT when they were thin there. Didn't he also play ST just so he could get on the feild?

No. Here's what happened. Graham came to Michigan at about 290ish. In the words of major UM bust DT Terrance Taylor, "you're one Reese's Piece away from playing tackle." Graham shed some of the weight but was still a big dude. He went to DE so he could play right away instead of cutting down to the low 250s.

ST, I don't know. Maybe RR put him out there to add sex to the special teams. Two blocked punts and returned another for a TD.

superman8456
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Not my argument. I've already said numerous times he is a very good football player.

I understand you know his history and what he has done for Michigan. I also know that he went through a lot during his time at Michigan, but you have an infatuation with the Brandon Graham that we know now.

I dont particularly remember him doing anything in the Notre Dame game, but then again I was amazed Michigan found some offense.

Why do people here think I'm trying to knock the guy down? I just dont think he is going to be as productive of an NFL player as you guys think he will.

Edit: Do you guys expect me to say "there is nothing wrong with his game, but he is only going to be a 6-10 sack a year for his career kind of guy"?

Doube Edit: His flaws are not as bad as I might make them sound, but thats only because I'm magnifying them by pointing them out

camp_eagles
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
but what do you remember? You remember the good because he was a bright spot on a very bleak defense.

did you just question Snipers Fanhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Bvk70VsI4

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Why do people here think I'm trying to knock the guy down? I just dont think he is going to be as productive of an NFL player as you guys think he will.

Edit: Do you guys expect me to say "there is nothing wrong with his game, but he is only going to be a 6-10 sack a year for his career kind of guy"?

Doube Edit: His flaws are not as bad as I might make them sound, but thats only because I'm magnifying them by pointing them out

It comes off as you are knocking him down, even if you don't mean it. You say he is limitted athletically, but he put up similar numbers athletically at the combine as any of the other top DEs, including the physical freaks. And on top of that, his production, facing competition as good or better than the other top DEs, is better than the other top DEs. His upside isn't limitted because of his size or athletecism, he has plenty of that, as well as the drive and motor to be successful.

Sniper
04-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I dont particularly remember him doing anything in the Notre Dame game, but then again I was amazed Michigan found some offense.

When he wasn't being blatantly held by ND's offensive line, Graham lived in ND's backfield. wicket, arguably the biggest Domer fan on this site, will agree.