PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Eagles Draft Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bsaza2358
09-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Post your comments and thoughts in this thread!

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Right now LB, particularly WLB, as well as FS and personally, I think QB should look to be addressed early. I think we have capable starters in these positions, and capable backups, but upgrades could be used IMO. Depending on the DE situation, I could see that as an early need as well.

bsaza2358
09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I see DE as a definite draft need. QB may or may not be addressed, but I think we're okay for the most part at RB, TE, WR, CB. LB is possible, and we always are a threat to go OLine. DLine depth is needed overall.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I see DE as a definite draft need. QB may or may not be addressed, but I think we're okay for the most part at RB, TE, WR, CB. LB is possible, and we always are a threat to go OLine. DLine depth is needed overall.

I can see the team not going with QB at all, especially if Kolb doesn't do anything too horrible in any action he may see, but as far as positions go...

QB: Could be a fairly significant need or none at all.
RB: Not a need at all.
FB: Not a need.
TE: Depth may be needed, even with Ingram coming back.
WR: Not a need.
T: Maybe for depth, not a huge need at all.
G: Not a big need, once again, maybe depth.
C: Depth again at least.
DT: Depth is needed.
DE: At least depth is needed.
WLB: If not a starter, depth is needed.
MLB: Not a need.
SLB: A fairly significant need if Gocong leaves in FA.
CB: Not a major need, but depth at the 4th or 5th spot is needed.
FS: Could be a major need if none of our young guys step up.
SS: If Sean Jones leaves, depth will be needed
K: At least competition for Akers.
P: See above

Todd Bertuzzi
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Top 3 needs as of now: OLB, DE and FS. QB could be a need depending on who's available when we pick seeing as it's getting time to groom a replacement for McNabb and Kolb doesn't look like that replacement. TE could also be a need depending on how Celek does.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Top 3 needs as of now: OLB, DE and FS. QB could be a need depending on who's available when we pick seeing as it's getting time to groom a replacement for McNabb and Kolb doesn't look like that replacement. TE could also be a need depending on how Celek does.

Well I have full faith in Celek, and Abiamiri, so I look at DE and TE a little differently, though I definitely see those psotions as needs, but for different reasons and to a different extent. OLB is going to be a need. I honestly hope they re-sign Gocong, as he is an underrated memeber of the defense. FS is a need for sure if things don't work out...

Todd Bertuzzi
09-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Well I have full faith in Celek, and Abiamiri, so I look at DE and TE a little differently, though I definitely see those psotions as needs, but for different reasons and to a different extent. OLB is going to be a need. I honestly hope they re-sign Gocong, as he is an underrated memeber of the defense. FS is a need for sure if things don't work out...

I have full faith in Celek as well. As far as Abiamiri's concerned I have faith in his ability as well, but injuries are starting to become a concern. Imagine if we could add a top DE like a Brandon Graham or Greg Hardy to play opposite Cole... I know Sniper's with me on this one :).

Thumper
09-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Right now I believe that the top three needs are the lbs, de and te.

I think that Akeem Jordan and Stewart bradley are overrated, and Chris gocong and Omar Gaither are free agents which leaves the eagles with crappy depth and mediocre starters.

Jaquan Parker needs to go and I think hat Darren Howard is in hisast year dutto his age, abiamiri and clemons are all potential right now and the eagles really need a de opposite Trent cole.

And as much as I believe that celek is a decent starter the depth at te is awful.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2009, 06:25 AM
I don't think you can really say Jordan is overrated, considering expectations from him are to be just about an average starter. Those are about right IMO. And you can continue to think Bradley is overrated, but when he comes back and gets back into things after he recovers from his injury, you'll see what we're all talking about, though I honestly don't know why you can't see it based off of his play last year. He covers the run very, very well, is a decent blitzer, and is good in coverage. He has it all from a skill standpoint, and was one of our leaders on defense until the injury.

Just because both Gocong and Gaither are FAs doesn't mean that both will leave for sure. We need to see how this pans out, as the team has showed that when someone is worth re-signing, they will do it.

As for DE, we at least need another DE to contribute to our rotation, and if either of the DEs you mention leaving are gone next year, we will see DE addressed relatively early, and very early depending on how the team feels about Abiamiri. Clemons doesn't really factor into the decision about wanting to draft a starter, he is a reserve rotational guy anyway.

As far as TE goes, our depth is awful this year. If Ingram can recover, our depth at TE becomes instantly better. He really has an elite set of skills, and if he comes back healthy, he will be our #2 TE and will see a lot of action. We will need a #3 TE, but that is it. The only way TE becomes aserious need IMO is if Celek can't play at a relatively high level and Ingram can't play next year.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2009, 06:26 AM
I have full faith in Celek as well. As far as Abiamiri's concerned I have faith in his ability as well, but injuries are starting to become a concern. Imagine if we could add a top DE like a Brandon Graham or Greg Hardy to play opposite Cole... I know Sniper's with me on this one :).

If its Brandon Graham, I am all for it, lol. Greg Hardy too, but I particularly love Graham.

D-Unit
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Curious fantasy question. Better year... Beanie Wells or Shady McCoy?

Todd Bertuzzi
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM
If anything I would say Bradley is still underrated. As Eagles fans we know how good he is, but this year was really supposed to be his coming out party where he established himself as one of the leagues top 4-3 MLBs.

Curious fantasy question. Better year... Beanie Wells or Shady McCoy?

I'd say Beanie for sure right now, but if Westbrook goes down early I'd probably take Shady.

Also what would you guys think of Gresham in the first round. Obviously the fo would be tentative to pull the trigger especially after what happened with Ingram this year, but I really like Gresham and I hope we would at least consider him.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
If anything I would say Bradley is still underrated. As Eagles fans we know how good he is, but this year was really supposed to be his coming out party where he established himself as one of the leagues top 4-3 MLBs.

I'd say Beanie for sure right now, but if Westbrook goes down early I'd probably take Shady.

Also what would you guys think of Gresham in the first round. Obviously the fo would be tentative to pull the trigger especially after what happened with Ingram this year, but I really like Gresham and I hope we would at least consider him.

Agreed about Bradley.

Agreed about the RBs

It all depends on how Celek does. If he shows he can be a good starter for us, I say no, definitely not. But if he struggles (which I doubt he will, unless he gets injured) then I say we definitely consider it at least.

Thumper
09-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't think you can really say Jordan is overrated, considering expectations from him are to be just about an average starter. Those are about right IMO. And you can continue to think Bradley is overrated, but when he comes back and gets back into things after he recovers from his injury, you'll see what we're all talking about, though I honestly don't know why you can't see it based off of his play last year. He covers the run very, very well, is a decent blitzer, and is good in coverage. He has it all from a skill standpoint, and was one of our leaders on defense until the injury.

Just because both Gocong and Gaither are FAs doesn't mean that both will leave for sure. We need to see how this pans out, as the team has showed that when someone is worth re-signing, they will do it.

I think Stewart Bradley is overrated because he is not fantastic in coverage and he isn't a big run stuffer like Trot was. I think he is above average in all phases of the game but he doesn't really stand out in any part of the game IMO. Yeah he is good but I think there is better out there. I say he is overrated because everyone and their mother said he was really underrated and that he was going to become an elite linebacker this year. Some SI writer even had him as an all-pro last year. I like him and personally I will take back any Joe Mays > Stewart Bradley statements because with Stew gone you really notice his absence, but he is not a playmaker, not a great run stuffer and he isn't going to cover a TE or RB all game one on one.

Plus the Eagles do not have a history of keeping linebackers, look at everyone they let go over the years, Jeremiah Trotter, Takeo Spikes, Carlos Emmons, Dhani Jones just to name a few. And looking back on the Eagles starters there was always at least one new starter each new year, linebackers are the least important part of the Eagles scheme and it shows with how the Eagles value them.

But I think that it is about time that is changed, the Eagles are probably IMO going to let both players in Gocong and Gaither walk and that is fine as long as they can upgrade them. The free agent class is loaded with line backer studs like DJ Williams and Derrick Thomas to name two of the more prominent names. And the draft class is stacked with athletic WLBs like Weatherspoon, Dekoda Watson and Navarro Bowman.

I just think the group needs an overhaul because in the pre-season they looked pretty bad, and I don't think we can blame it on a vanilla defense because they were still charged with covering and stuffing the run which they didn't do great at, any of them.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I think Stewart Bradley is overrated because he is not fantastic in coverage and he isn't a big run stuffer like Trot was. I think he is above average in all phases of the game but he doesn't really stand out in any part of the game IMO. Yeah he is good but I think there is better out there. I say he is overrated because everyone and their mother said he was really underrated and that he was going to become an elite linebacker this year. Some SI writer even had him as an all-pro last year. I like him and personally I will take back any Joe Mays > Stewart Bradley statements because with Stew gone you really notice his absence, but he is not a playmaker, not a great run stuffer and he isn't going to cover a TE or RB all game one on one.

Plus the Eagles do not have a history of keeping linebackers, look at everyone they let go over the years, Jeremiah Trotter, Takeo Spikes, Carlos Emmons, Dhani Jones just to name a few. And looking back on the Eagles starters there was always at least one new starter each new year, linebackers are the least important part of the Eagles scheme and it shows with how the Eagles value them.

But I think that it is about time that is changed, the Eagles are probably IMO going to let both players in Gocong and Gaither walk and that is fine as long as they can upgrade them. The free agent class is loaded with line backer studs like DJ Williams and Derrick Thomas to name two of the more prominent names. And the draft class is stacked with athletic WLBs like Weatherspoon, Dekoda Watson and Navarro Bowman.

I just think the group needs an overhaul because in the pre-season they looked pretty bad, and I don't think we can blame it on a vanilla defense because they were still charged with covering and stuffing the run which they didn't do great at, any of them.

Bradley is excellent in run coverage, not above average, excellent. He is above average as a blitzer, and is a leader. His coverage is good, not outstanding, yet, but he is very good in coverage. When his man does make the catch, there are almost no yards allowed after the catch.

I personally would be more interested in some of the rookies than either of those FAs... just my opinion though.

They looked bad in the preseason because they were doing a vanilla defense. I'll agree you can't blame it on that though, but missing the best part of that unit in Bradley will make vanilla defenses suffer.

And not to sound like a dick or anything, but if everyone is saying all these great things about him, there has to be a reason why, you know what I mean?

superman8456
09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Defensive tackle is a major need imo. We have three solid guys, but I think we need one more first day pick used on this position. Depth is sorely needed and I would like to see Pattersen replaced.

Linebacker is weird for me. I would like us to take the best one available with our first rounder. That means someone like Brandon Spikes, Rolondo McClain, or Sean Weatherspoon.

eaglesalltheway
09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Defensive tackle is a major need imo. We have three solid guys, but I think we need one more first day pick used on this position. Depth is sorely needed and I would like to see Pattersen replaced.

Linebacker is weird for me. I would like us to take the best one available with our first rounder. That means someone like Brandon Spikes, Rolondo McClain, or Sean Weatherspoon.

I wouldn't say it is a major need, we are in need of a fourth DT, or at least a solid rotational guy, and we can get one of them on day 2...

I would love either of those LBs...

Thumper
09-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I know that most of you remember my post on how Mike Patterson was awful last year. Well that was last year and the year before he was arguably a pro-bowler, this year from what I saw he looks like he is doing better. So we shall see about DT being a need because either it will be a early day 2 need or it will be a late round need depending on his performance. Don't forget about Trevor Laws who is perfectly capable of stepping in at UT.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I know that most of you remember my post on how Mike Patterson was awful last year. Well that was last year and the year before he was arguably a pro-bowler, this year from what I saw he looks like he is doing better. So we shall see about DT being a need because either it will be a early day 2 need or it will be a late round need depending on his performance. Don't forget about Trevor Laws who is perfectly capable of stepping in at UT.

I'm def not forgetting about Laws, which is why I don't see DT as a major need right now.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-12-2009, 03:50 PM
It's nice to have a solid 4 man rotation at DT, but it's not a first day need atm.

Go_Eagles77
09-12-2009, 03:54 PM
http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/10/medium_Eric%20Berry%20Getty%20ALcom.bmp

Trade future picks if need be.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2009, 03:56 PM
It's nice to have a solid 4 man rotation at DT, but it's not a first day need atm.Agreed...

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/10/medium_Eric%20Berry%20Getty%20ALcom.bmp

Trade future picks if need be.

Hahaha, if only...

Todd Bertuzzi
09-12-2009, 03:57 PM
http://behindtheboxscore.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/taylor-mays.jpg

This guy's not bad either.

Thumper
09-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Morgan Burnett

http://www.playatgatech.com/UserFiles/BurnettM_2008-10-11_A_DJ.JPG

Learn his name, he is a better ball hawker than Mays by far and he is great against the run. He is what people want Taylor Mays to be.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
http://behindtheboxscore.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/taylor-mays.jpg

This guy's not bad either.

If we could get either (depending on how our FS's perform this year) I would be ecstatic

Morgan Burnett

http://www.playatgatech.com/UserFiles/BurnettM_2008-10-11_A_DJ.JPG

Learn his name, he is a better ball hawker than Mays by far and he is great against the run. He is what people want Taylor Mays to be.

I've heard a lot about him, just haven't seen much. He is someone I'll definitely be looking into.

superman8456
09-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I we're going to be in the Jermaine Gresham sweepstakes this upcoming draft. I think he might fall to mid 2nd because of his injury and I would definitely use our 1st and then trade up in the 2nd to get him.

I would want Eric Berry, but I dont think I would want anything to with Taylor Mays or Morgan Burnett if it involves trading up. Dont get me wrong, they're good players, but not worth it to me.

I'm looking to get a LB like Navorro Bowman in the 3rd, maybe the 2nd, if we dont get one in the 1st. He is 6'1, 230 and a pretty good athlete.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2009, 11:07 PM
I we're going to be in the Jermaine Gresham sweepstakes this upcoming draft. I think he might fall to mid 2nd because of his injury and I would definitely use our 1st and then trade up in the 2nd to get him.

I would want Eric Berry, but I dont think I would want anything to with Taylor Mays or Morgan Burnett if it involves trading up. Dont get me wrong, they're good players, but not worth it to me.

I'm looking to get a LB like Navorro Bowman in the 3rd, maybe the 2nd, if we dont get one in the 1st. He is 6'1, 230 and a pretty good athlete.

Lookin a little far ahead aren't we? lol

Seriously though, I don't think TE will have to be addressed early come draft time. Obviously the whole process is fluid, but I wouldn't mind something like tha, thaough I doubt we go TE that early...

brat316
10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Lets see some obvious positions of need.

LB-anywhere and everywhere either starters or depth.
Rb - everyone knows the eagles are not bringing Westy back, he has lost quite a bit. And we need to bring in a compliment to Shady, its a 2 back league now.
WR- Curtis out for the season, he hasn't been healthy for a while, Reggie Brown who? and just lost some youth in a trade. I would rather prefer a vet, but someone needs to be added.
OL- drafted every year this year won't be any different. And need depth at tackle and I don't see Shawn Andrews coming back.
Cb - could use some back up, Hobbs isn't signed long term as far as I know.
S - Sean Jones, is only on a 1 year deal. Would like to have him stay longer.

Positions were are good for as in Starters and Back ups.

DL - everywhere, though you could make a case about age and injury
Qb - he'll be around
Fb - Weaver is good
Te - Celek is good, and have yet to see how Ingram turns out.

But the biggest issues for the draft are mostly find depth.

Thumper
10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Anyways, with the acquisition of Will Witherspoon I don't think that WLB is a premier need anymore, the Eagles no longer need someone who can come in right away. Instead they can have someone who is talented but raw come in from the middle rounds and groom them behind Witherspoon/Jordan for two years. Also with Stewart Bradley coming back MLB won't be a need and Chris Gocong is IMO gone in free agency so SLB might be the spot that needs the most help but the Eagles are really high on Moises Fokou the rookie out of Maryland.

IMO the premier need is DL, the reason the linebackers look questionable so much is because there are so many blitzes and there are blitzes because the front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on the QB, Trent Cole can but no one else can. The Eagles really need a LE who can rush the passer and I've got my eyes set on Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech who plays just like Justin Tuck.

Also on my radar on offense is Trent Williams who is falling because he struggles with speed, but he is a perfect fit on the right side of the line which is where the Eagles need a lot of help and he has the speed to stick with Tuck and the power to withstand his bull rush, he is the top RT in the draft and luckily for the Eagles right tackles never go very high unless your name is Jeff Otah or Gosder, both of whom IMO are much more powerful than Williams.

I would also really like to get a power back and I really like Toby Gerhart out of Stanford as the power back the Eagles should grab. And with Jason Avant possibly heading into free agency the Eagles might need a new slot receiver and I like Blair White and Eric Decker for that spot, and both of them have potential to play outside as well but I like them inside where they can use their size and strength to outmuscle smaller nickel corners.

superman8456
10-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Allen Bailey or Sean Weatherspoon are two players Im looking at.

brat316
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
To bad Bailey is not coming out early.

Weatherspoon would be nice.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Weatherspoon or a DE like Graham, Morgan, Hardy for me.

I would add kicker to our list of needs as well as I love the guy, but Akers time is up. I hope we use our last pick on a guy like Tiffin. Our needs I would say OLB, RT, LE, CB, S, RB, WR, TE, K Like Sniper said most of it is just depth though. We have a **** load of picks this year which is great considering the depth of this draft especially with all the underclassmen that will be coming out. We have a 1st, two 2nds, two 3rds, a 4th, two 5ths and a 6th.

brat316
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I kind of hope we trade out of this draft and into next years, but you never want to be looking ahead.

This year's draft is probably as bad as 05 I think.

Thumper
11-11-2009, 01:52 AM
I am 100% sure the Eagles are going to go for a corner in the first round.

Reason 1: The Eagles are actively looking for depth (http://twitter.com/caplannfl)

Actually, they have been looking at CBs for a while. RT @J_Robison: @caplannfl is Eagles interest in CB because of an injury?
#Eagles tried to claim CB Jack Williams so it's obvious that they are looking for some depth there.
#Eagles had former #Lions 7th rounder in 2007 CB Ramzee Robinson for a workout this week.

And they've already worked out Marcus McCauly this season. (http://insidetheiggles.com/2009/10/13/eagles-workout-marcus-mccauley/)

2. The Eagles follow a pattern when drafting.
-They've drafted a QB, DT, WR, CB, OG, DT, DT (that is McNabb through Bunkley) and just recently the process has started over, they drafted Kevin Kolb with their first pick, then they drafted Trevor Laws with their first pick and then they drafted Jeremy Maclin with their first round draft pick. So what's up next? CB.

3. The need is there
-Ellis Hobbs is as good as gone next season, Joselio Hanson and Sheldon Brown are aging and the Eagles are always troubled by bigger receivers.

4. Andy Reid values CBs highly
-The Eagles drafted Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown when both Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor were still on the team, that was in 2002 and the Eagles let both Vincent and Taylor go after the 2003 season after Brown and Sheppard had been pros for two seasons, at the time of their release Vincent was 32 and Taylor was 30, guess what? Sheldon Brown is rapidly approaching the time of release, he is 30 and he turns 31 in March, he has a contract dispute and his contract expires in 2013 which means when his contract expires he'll be 33 and if the Eagles drafted a CB in the 2010 draft the CB would have 3 years of experience if he doesn't overtake him in 2012 when Brown is 32. The time for a youth movement at CB is rapidly approaching and Andy Reid loves to spend money on corners, just look at where he drafted Lito (1st round), Sheldon Brown (2nd round) and he spent 57 million on Asante Samuel.

So... who figures to be around when the Eagles draft?
Donovan Warren- Sniper probably knows more than me, but my impression of Warren is that he is a great man to man corner who can stick with his man but he gets exposed because Michigan can't get pressure. Warren has 4 interceptions on the season and seems to be a very athletic corner who is fluid and flexible and perhaps his best asset is his size at 6' 200 pounds with 4.4 speed. He has the physical abilities of a shut down corner with his long, lean frame, his speed and his long arms. But on those interceptions, Warren has shown a nice ability to jump routes, read the QB and has shown nice instincts. I really like Warren and I feel like he is the second best corner in this class but he falls behind others because of the defense he is on.

Kyle Wilson- The guy just makes plays at the CB spot and the PR spot. Kyle tackles (35 tackles, 26 unassisted), break up passes, intercepts (15 defended passes, five interceptions, and 10 breakups), and is a superb special teams player—returning punts (33 punt returns, 470 yards, for an average of 14.2 yards per return) scoring touchdowns on 3 returns last season. So far in 2009 he hasn't really been tested but he still has 2 interceptions, one of which he returned for a touchdown and he is averaging 10 yards a punt return. Wes Bunting of the National Football Post said this of Wilson (http://beta1.nationalfootballpost.com/2009-Scouting-Series-Boise-State.html):
Possesses the flexibility to sit into his back-pedal and is very smooth when asked to turn and get down the field. Lacks ideal footwork in his drop and will open his hips up a bit early. However, he showcases impressive balance and demonstrates the first step to quickly redirect and drive on the play. Exhibits good fluidity in the hips and has the ability to get out of his breaks and cleanly change directions on all areas of the field.

I really think he would make a very good CB in the Eagles scheme, plus he has dreadlocks and that makes him even more awesome.

And guys I like but I think are more second round prospects are:

Javier Arenas- Arenas is a junkyard scrap dog. He flows to the ball and loves to hit. Plays way bigger then he is, and uses good strength on bump coverage. One of the best blitzing corners I’ve seen, Arenas has an amazing first step and seems to always find the QB when he’s blitzing. Arenas is very athletic which helps when he is covering men that have the height advantage on him. He will fight for the ball as well, watching the Ole Miss game I saw him wrestle the ball away from a receiver in the air. Arenas brings in versatility as a return specialist, and the type of player you want on your d. A scrappy player that just doesn’t like to lose, and does what it takes to win. I constantly try to watch Alabama games because I love their defense and the player that always sticks out in the secondary is Arenas, he does it all, he isn't afraid to hit anyone and like I said earlier he is just a scrappy guy who is a genuine tough guy. He really reminds me of Antoine Winefield and I see a little bit of Sheldon Brown in him. The only problem with Arenas is his size which is less than ideal at about 5'9" but he plays MUCH bigger than that.

Syd'Quan Thompson- He is another smaller player who plays huge, he and Arenas are really similar in play styles. Thompson is a big time tackler at the CB spot as well and like Arenas he is not afraid to stick his nose in the pile and get dirty. Thompson is really physical in coverage and he will do whatever it takes to get someone off their routes, again like Arenas. One of the larger differences between the two is Thompson has better hands as he had a nice year last year intercepting passes. Also like Arenas, Thompson is an accomplished returner, racking up 344 punt return yards and a 70-yard TD last season. Thompson is another corner who is small but has a ton of fight in him and I really like that.

I used to like Patrick Robinson but after seeing him get toasted every game I watch, I've decided he is a high upside athlete more than he is a first round corner prospect right now. Also I am really interested in learning more about USF corner Jerome Murphy but I can't find any game tape, games on TV nor can I even find any credible scout talking about him. Also the UCLA corner Alterraun Verner is going to IMO be the second coming of Asante Samuel, Verner is a ballhawk who breaks on passes really well and I think that if Bill Belichek gets his hands on him he can turn him into the second coming of Asante Samuel or the third coming of Ty Law.

camp_eagles
11-11-2009, 08:15 AM
My dream draft pick is Rolando McClain when I watch Bama games (Ive seen 4) he is always making the tackle or getting pressure up the middle when blitzing. I remember his freshman season when Bama was playing Colorado in a bowl game on the first drive he got an interception broke his had came back with a cast on in the second half and finished with double digit tackles.

Thumper
11-11-2009, 11:25 AM
My dream draft pick is Rolando McClain when I watch Bama games (Ive seen 4) he is always making the tackle or getting pressure up the middle when blitzing. I remember his freshman season when Bama was playing Colorado in a bowl game on the first drive he got an interception broke his had came back with a cast on in the second half and finished with double digit tackles.

I wish McClain would be on the board but I highly doubt it, IMO he is top 10 material.

Go_Eagles77
11-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Like I mentioned before, I would be thrilled if the eagles could swing a trade to land Eric Berry, he is my favorite prospect period in recent memory.

Sniper
11-22-2009, 10:52 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HvnrtGqYrfY/RvWhwyQn_dI/AAAAAAAAAmI/6d2QZkjtPTI/s400/Brandon+Graham.jpg

eaglesalltheway
12-01-2009, 07:00 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HvnrtGqYrfY/RvWhwyQn_dI/AAAAAAAAAmI/6d2QZkjtPTI/s400/Brandon+Graham.jpg

If we'd go DE with our first pick, I'd looooooove Graham, but you already knew that...

superman8456
12-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Is LE really the answer? I think we get a solid amount of pressure from there, but granted they are aging.

I think the problem comes from our DT's. They're monsters at stopping run and they occasionally push the pocket, but I want to see a more consistent pass rush from our DT's.

Supposedly this is a deep CB class, so I doubt we get one 1st round.

If Gocong doesnt resign, we may see Brandon Spikes as an Eagle.

Thumper
12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Pittsburgh+v+Louisville+-khob6HZxxfl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Chick+fil+A+Bowl+K_Vb4hPDLX5l.jpg

Romeus or Morgan please :D

Sniper
12-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Graham poops on both of those clowns.

Sniper
12-01-2009, 07:10 PM

And push Bradley back to the strong side?

If we're going to go LB, I want...

1. Sergio Kindle. Would allow Bradley to stay in the middle.
1a. Rolando McClain. If you want a MLB to push Bradley to SLB, he's the guy.

superman8456
12-01-2009, 07:24 PM

I was thinking more of Spikes playing SLB. He has the blitzing experience asked for in our LB's and can flat out play football. Granted he has some character concerns, but I could see him successful here.

I want Rolando McClain above all else too, but I simply dont see it happening. Sean Weatherspoon probably wont reach us either, and WLB is not our key concern with the addition of Will Witherspoon and Akeem Jordan's play.

Sniper
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Bradley at SAM and Spikes at MIKE makes more sense.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-01-2009, 07:43 PM
No thank you to Spikes or Kindle. Weatherspoon or McClain for me. Best two lbs in the class. Kindle's more of a 3-4 olb anyways.

superman8456
12-01-2009, 07:44 PM
No thank you to Spikes or Kindle. Weatherspoon or McClain for me. Best two lbs in the class. Kindle's more of a 3-4 olb anyways.

Weatherspoon at Will, Witherspoon at MLB, Bradley at SLB is what you're thinking?

Go_Eagles77
12-01-2009, 08:47 PM
To be honest, I'd be pretty happy with Jordan - Witherspoon - Bradley at LB. I want to go DE or DB in the 1st.

eaglesalltheway
12-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Is LE really the answer? I think we get a solid amount of pressure from there, but granted they are aging.

I think the problem comes from our DT's. They're monsters at stopping run and they occasionally push the pocket, but I want to see a more consistent pass rush from our DT's.

Supposedly this is a deep CB class, so I doubt we get one 1st round.

Luckily the team is in a position that their first round pick doesn't have to be "the answer", and haven't had that since McNabb was drafted. I personally think the secondary and even the OL may be bigger needs, depending how things pan out with the Andrews brothers. This may be a deep CB class, but the team values them highly and if they feel the value is there, they'll take one. Keep in mind as well that LB is not high on their value chart either, and with players who can potentially fill that spot in, I find it more likely they address it later in the draft.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-02-2009, 04:49 PM
RT is another need too with Andrews' career in jeopardy and Justice still unproven. I know Justice has played much better this season and we just gave him a nice extension, but we should draft a RT for depth if anything. Right guard could also become a need with Stacy Andrews sucking and MJG set to become a free agent. Should be able to pick up a nice guard in the middle rounds.

eaglesalltheway
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
RT is another need too with Andrews' career in jeopardy and Justice still unproven. I know Justice has played much better this season and we just gave him a nice extension, but we should draft a RT for depth if anything. Right guard could also become a need with Stacy Andrews sucking and MJG set to become a free agent. Should be able to pick up a nice guard in the middle rounds.

Agreed. Though if we keep MJG I think it'd be less of a need. One, its less holes to fill, and two, it'd mean the team has confidence in him as the future...

cunningham06
12-04-2009, 08:06 PM

I would love if we take Sergio Kindle, but not to play him at LB. The only reason he's ever listed as a LB prospect is because he is a prototypical 3-4 pass rushing LB. However, I think he would make a very good DE in a 4-3 defense. I know he has a pretty low sack total this year but he's gotten over 25 pressures and is always in the backfield. He is immensely strong, and a great athlete. A DE tandem of Kindle and Cole would be incredible.

If we were to take Rolo I'd also be happy.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-04-2009, 11:56 PM
I would love if we take Sergio Kindle, but not to play him at LB. The only reason he's ever listed as a LB prospect is because he is a prototypical 3-4 pass rushing LB. However, I think he would make a very good DE in a 4-3 defense. I know he has a pretty low sack total this year but he's gotten over 25 pressures and is always in the backfield. He is immensely strong, and a great athlete. A DE tandem of Kindle and Cole would be incredible.

If we were to take Rolo I'd also be happy.

McClain>>>>>>Kindle and it's not even close. I mean they're two completely different players. Like you said Kindle is strictly a 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB and McClain is a MLB. McClain is a beast and should go in the top 10 and could potentially have a Patrick Willis like impact for some team, whereas Kindle will likely at this point could drop out of the first round and if he is taken in the first round it will be based strictly on physical ability. Imo I would only spend a high pick on him if I planned on playing him at 3-4 OLB where he is best suited. Last year he was a beast player LB for Texas and this year he's struggled with the move to DE.

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Id love McClain or Weatherspoon, but is the team going to view the LB corp as that big of a need? I personally say no, though if McClain fell a good ways to us, which I don't see happening, they may just pull the trigger.

eagles6606
12-22-2009, 01:59 PM
LB is really not that big of a need for the Birds. Bradley, Jordan, and Withersppon should be that starters next year, with Gaither, Fokou, and Tracy White as solid backups. DE, FS, and CB are bigger needs. The Eagles are in a position to take the best defenssive player that falls to them, keeping in mind that DE and FS are more important.

superman8456
12-22-2009, 02:02 PM
DE is pretty deep this year, FS is really deep this year, and CB is pretty weak this year.

What about Earl Thomas at FS?

eagles6606
12-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Ya, Earl Thomas and Nate Allen will definately be highly considered if they fall to us. Thomas has great ball skills and Allen is a solid overall player. Lots of DE that could fall like Dunlap, Griffen, Hardy, or Brandon Graham.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Thomas would be a beast for us, but I'm not so sure he'll declare.

Thumper
12-22-2009, 02:18 PM
LB is really not that big of a need for the Birds. Bradley, Jordan, and Withersppon should be that starters next year, with Gaither, Fokou, and Tracy White as solid backups. DE, FS, and CB are bigger needs. The Eagles are in a position to take the best defenssive player that falls to them, keeping in mind that DE and FS are more important.

you just named a bunch of linebackers, now look at it closer. It seems you don't know there are 3 different linebacker positions, each require a unique skill set, there is the WLB (Weakside), MLB and SLB (strongside). In that group you just named there are 3 WLB, 2 MLB and 1 SLB and I feel like you should know that Omar Gaither is out the door this season because he is a free agent.

So that leaves the Eagles with a depth chart that looks like this:
WLB: Will Witherspoon, Akeem Jordan, Tracy White
MLB: Stewart Bradley
SLB: Moise Fokou

Now I ask you are you comfortable with that? Are you comfortable with having Fokou a second year 7th round pick who is about 235 pounds taking the starting SLB spot? I like Fokou, he is intense and he is energetic and he is good in coverage but are we really ready to start him much less put all the eggs in the figurative basket and have him be the only SLB on the roster?

Not only that but are we going to leave Stewart Bradley as the only MLB when he is coming off of knee surgery?

The Eagles should draft two linebackers, a SLB and a MLB.

At this point I really think the Eagles should draft either Eric Norwood or AJ Edds to play SLB and Micah Johnson to play MLB.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-22-2009, 02:20 PM
It would likely be:

WLB-Jordan
MLB-Witherspoon
SLB-Bradley

Thumper
12-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Personally I really want either Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen or Greg Rosmeus at DE.

Thumper
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
It would likely be:

WLB-Jordan
MLB-Witherspoon
SLB-Bradley

But why move Bradley to SLB? He is a MLB and he was on the verge of being one of the best in the NFL and now you want to impede his progress by switching his spot again?

Todd Bertuzzi
12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I agree, but unless we re-sign Gocong or sign/draft another SLB we may not have any other choice.

eagles6606
12-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Keep Bradley in the middle and move either Jordan or Witherspoon to the strong side

superman8456
12-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I agree, but unless we re-sign Gocong or sign/draft another SLB we may not have any other choice.

Gocong can walk. No need to waste cap space.

eagles6606
12-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Gocong will not be back

Thumper
12-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Keep Bradley in the middle and move either Jordan or Witherspoon to the strong side

HORRIBLE idea in real life, great idea in Madden. See the thing is, the SLB in the Eagles system is essentially a 3-4 OLB, they're forced to take on blockers and they do a lot of dirty work which is why guys like Gocong and Carlos Emmons have manned the spot in the past, they're big enough to take on blockers and they're grade A run stuffers (Gocong used to be) essentially they're the battering ram of the defense. Now the question is do you really want to put Jordan and Witherspoon at that position? Because both are very athletic and quick and are much better suited to be in space rather than be put in with the big boys on the strong side and take on the run and blockers all game.

Thumper
12-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Gocong is such a waste, he has lost his starting job this season to a 7th round rookie and a combination of Tracy White and Akeem Jordan who come in on some plays at SLB. Let him leave, he didn't even get on the stat sheet against San Francisco and he is barely out tackling Asante Samuel at this point. Waste. of. space.

superman8456
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I want more of a project player at LE who has a high ceiling. Someone like Clifton Geathers would be ideal. Huge frame, good measurables, and alright college production. This is also ideal so we dont have to use our 1st and we can use that on a more pressing need. Its not like Jaqua Parker and Darren Howard have not been doing an adequate job.

Free safety in our defense is a position that you can plug a player into and expect alright production. Look what we did with Macho Harris. So the question is do we use a 1st on a player that drops for a position that isnt that valuable to the Eagles?

Chris Gocong is on his way out of the door, and I dont mind it. I dont like his coverage ability, hes not all that athletic, and he supposed to be a great pass rusher but I dont get to see it ever in the defense he plays in. Bring in somebody who can cover the TE.

I know I've brought up the idea of drafting Brandon Spikes, moving him to SLB or moving Bradley to SLB and Witherspoon to WLB. Maybe we can get Spikes in the 2nd, but hes a questionable 1st.

Please note that Karlos Dansby, Thomas Howard, and some others will be a free agent. http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html We have a lot of cap room so I would prefer one of these guys.

Oline is going to be addressed somewhat early. If someone like Anthony Davis falls to us in the first, I expect Andy Reid to draft them.

I've been saying that we need a dominant, pass rushing DT opposite of Broderick Bunkley. This class is pretty deep as well. If Allen Bailey declares, you will only hear me say his name in the 1st round.

I dont think Cornelius Ingram is going to come back from his injury well. I'm really nervous about this position because its an awkward one. The only TE I would want us drafting is also coming off a major knee injury. There are also a lot of good TE FA's coming up.

One thing I definitely dont want to see is a WR coming off the board early for us. Not because its not necessarily a need, but because hopefully we will be in the AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Brown, etc sweepstakes.

CB is a good place to draft, but this is such a weak CB class. I dont think anyone would be worth it.

All in all, I kind of hope we trade out of the first if there isnt a player that can start immediately for us. And just about no player in the draft can do that. I think two 1st rounders next year will be better.

cunningham06
12-23-2009, 02:06 AM
I want more of a project player at LE who has a high ceiling. Someone like Clifton Geathers would be ideal. Huge frame, good measurables, and alright college production. This is also ideal so we dont have to use our 1st and we can use that on a more pressing need. Its not like Jaqua Parker and Darren Howard have not been doing an adequate job.

Free safety in our defense is a position that you can plug a player into and expect alright production. Look what we did with Macho Harris. So the question is do we use a 1st on a player that drops for a position that isnt that valuable to the Eagles?

Chris Gocong is on his way out of the door, and I dont mind it. I dont like his coverage ability, hes not all that athletic, and he supposed to be a great pass rusher but I dont get to see it ever in the defense he plays in. Bring in somebody who can cover the TE.

I know I've brought up the idea of drafting Brandon Spikes, moving him to SLB or moving Bradley to SLB and Witherspoon to WLB. Maybe we can get Spikes in the 2nd, but hes a questionable 1st.

Please note that Karlos Dansby, Thomas Howard, and some others will be a free agent. http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html We have a lot of cap room so I would prefer one of these guys.

Oline is going to be addressed somewhat early. If someone like Anthony Davis falls to us in the first, I expect Andy Reid to draft them.

I've been saying that we need a dominant, pass rushing DT opposite of Broderick Bunkley. This class is pretty deep as well. If Allen Bailey declares, you will only hear me say his name in the 1st round.

I dont think Cornelius Ingram is going to come back from his injury well. I'm really nervous about this position because its an awkward one. The only TE I would want us drafting is also coming off a major knee injury. There are also a lot of good TE FA's coming up.

One thing I definitely dont want to see is a WR coming off the board early for us. Not because its not necessarily a need, but because hopefully we will be in the AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Brown, etc sweepstakes.

CB is a good place to draft, but this is such a weak CB class. I dont think anyone would be worth it.

All in all, I kind of hope we trade out of the first if there isnt a player that can start immediately for us. And just about no player in the draft can do that. I think two 1st rounders next year will be better.

I hope not, because that would mean we are picking in the top 5 of that draft. AJ Green is the truth.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Well with Green, Jones, Baldwin, Floyd, etc... all expected to declare next year we should be able to get one of them with our first pick. Any one of those guys to go along with Djax and Maclin would be unstoppable.

superman8456
12-23-2009, 09:35 AM
I hope not, because that would mean we are picking in the top 5 of that draft. AJ Green is the truth.

I kind of got to that at the bottom of my post. I see no one of great value or that we have to have, outside of some major draft day falls, which could leave us trading out of the 1st to gain extra picks or have two 1sts the next year.

If Brandon Graham, Anthony Davis, and Derrick Morgan fell to us, I wouldnt mind using our 1st.

Maybe with the two 1sts next year we could get one of those nice WR's and Patrick Peterson.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Eric Norwood would be a great fit at SLB for us.

superman8456
12-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Eric Norwood would be a great fit at SLB for us.

Probably is going to get taken by a 34 team.

Honestly, I think we are going to be appealing to free agents, so dont be surprised if we make a couple splashes in free agency.

Thumper
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM
FS is a HUGE need mainly to get Macho off the field, that piece of **** nearly handed the Broncos the game on his own.

Thumper
01-03-2010, 09:54 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/photo_images/205186/33556_Navy_Pittsburgh_Football.jpg

I REALLY want Romeus more than I want Brandon Graham (sorry Sniper). This guy is the second coming of Julius Peppers and no one knows about him yet and hopefully no one will really jump on his bandwagon because I want him to be an Eagle.

If today's game showed me anything it was that the Eagles absolutely cannot create enough pressure with their front 4 and I think Romeus would fix that. He stands at an imposing 6'6" and 270 pounds with 4.6 speed, he is incredibly athletic and flexible. One reason I think most people sleep on him is because he is a little bit raw but as it has been noted before he only started playing football his senior year in highschool and prior to that he was a basketball player. As you might be able to tell, Romeus has incredibly long arms and has batted down 5 passes this season and he has blocked 5 kicks in his career. He really blossomed this season, leading a Pitt defense that really had no other playmakers, he notched 8 sacks, 11.5 tackles for a loss and 11 QB hurries and he is only starting to reach his potential.

Lets try a Scott Wright style scouting report on this guy shall we?

Strengths:
Great range --- Long athletic frame with room for growth --- Very athletic --- Loads of potential --- Coachable, has improved every year --- Good first step --- Does a good job in pursuit --- Great body control --- Is able to contort his body to get around tackles --- Very flexible --- Can redirect and find the ball --- Great lateral agility and closing speed --- Great straight line speed --- Flashes the ability to punch, rip off and back up tackles using his length and increasing strength --- Has the ability to keep his ground and stuff the run --- Shows strong and quick hands

Weaknesses:
Is still fairly raw --- Will occasionally lose focus --- Gets away from fundamentals at times and plays too high --- Can be driven off the line --- Can sometimes rely too much on natural ability --- Needs to get stronger --- Might not be able to contribute right away

Notes:
The sky is the limit on Romeus' potential --- Was a star prep basketball star before he played football --- Won team MVP in high school despite it being his first season playing --- Contributed at receiver as well --- Has blocked 4 kicks in his career and batted down 11 passes --- has improved every year at Pitt, getting stronger and improving his game --- Will draw favorable comparisons to Julius Peppers

I really love his potential and I feel like he could develop into the pass rushing force opposite Trent Cole that the Eagles have been searching for.

But I do love the fight and passion that Brandon Graham brings to the table and I feel like he could become a future defensive leader and a player who provides a spark in games like the one against the Cowboys because of his non-stop motor.

I also really like Derrick Morgan but I think he might be out of the Eagles reach by now and might be a top 10 prospect. I am split on Greg Hardy, he is a good pass rusher but I have my doubts that he could hold up at LE full time, he has attitude issues and he has durability issues which makes me hesitant. Everson Griffen has the size at 6'2" and 278 pounds but I don't know if he is a LE or not, he reminds me a little bit of Dwight Freeney and that doesn't translate to the LE spot where you need a big frame and the ability to take on the run nor does he have the instincts and motor to play LE consistently.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
People know about Romeus and I don't think he'll declare.

superman8456
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
FS is a HUGE need mainly to get Macho off the field, that piece of **** nearly handed the Broncos the game on his own.

might develop into a good player one day, but he is what he is. A 5th round rookie. No way should he be starting.

Thumper
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
People know about Romeus and I don't think he'll declare.

Sure they might know his name from Walterfootball but no one really knows how good he is and how much potential he has, he is overshadowed by Carlos Dunlap, Greg Hardy, John Paul-Pierre, Derrick Morgan and Brandon Grahama and all those 3-4 OLBs like Jerry Hughes and Von Miller.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Most have Romeus ahead of all those guys except Morgan and JPP.

Sniper
01-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I REALLY want Romeus more than I want Brandon Graham (sorry Sniper).

You should be.

Thumper
01-05-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't care that the Eagles don't need a WLB, they NEED to draft Rennie Curran, he is small at 5'11" and 230 pounds but the guy is a human missle and he is STACKED.

http://thedawgpost.com/2009/camp/2009080421.JPG

The guys is a beast, a heat seeking missile at linebacker and he benched over 400 pounds as a senior in high school! And he has put up 100+ tackle seasons twice in a row now, he plays downhill, can rush the passer, busts screen plays like nobodies business, hits like a truck, can pressure the passer and he is fairly quick. Plus he is absolutely fearless, he will throw his body into anyone at any time and just crush them he is as tough as nails and a guy that I want on the Eagles.

cunningham06
01-05-2010, 01:38 AM
I don't care that the Eagles don't need a WLB, they NEED to draft Rennie Curran, he is small at 5'11" and 230 pounds but the guy is a human missle and he is STACKED.

http://thedawgpost.com/2009/camp/2009080421.JPG

The guys is a beast, a heat seeking missile at linebacker and he benched over 400 pounds as a senior in high school! And he has put up 100+ tackle seasons twice in a row now, he plays downhill, can rush the passer, busts screen plays like nobodies business, hits like a truck, can pressure the passer and he is fairly quick. Plus he is absolutely fearless, he will throw his body into anyone at any time and just crush them he is as tough as nails and a guy that I want on the Eagles.

I am a HUGE Rennie Curran fan, I saw a lot of him last season and watched how dominant he was. The rest of the LB's are jacked as hell too, Akeem Dent in particular. Good instincts and good speed, Curran's a winner.

The success that former UGA LB Dannell Ellerbe is having over in Baltimore probably won't hurt his stock either.

camp_eagles
01-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I can't wait for FA this year I only hope it is a capped year so players like Derrick Johnson can become UFA's. Also its all but certain that Kampman wont be returning to the Packers he would definitely be an upgrade over Parker.

Thumper
01-10-2010, 07:35 PM
I want a corner! Jerome Murphy, Perrish Cox and Devin McCourty in particular, I don't think Warren or Haden is there for the Eagles to pick and Jerome Murphy is the second coming of Al Harris, huge press corner who can jam anyone and he hits hard and will defend the run, I really like him. Perrish Cox is another press corner who I really like, he isn't as physical as Murphy but he is faster and more agile and probably a better bet to be a shut down corner which I think he can develop into and McCourty is just a solid corner in all phases of the game.

Thumper
01-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Watch for Erik Decker to be an Eagle, Chris Stueber says he knows there were Eagles scouts at at least 3 Minnesota games to scout him. I really think he could thrive in the Eagles scheme and be good depth or a slot receiver if Avant leaves.

01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Watch for Erik Decker to be an Eagle, Chris Stueber says he knows there were Eagles scouts at at least 3 Minnesota games to scout him. I really think he could thrive in the Eagles scheme and be good depth or a slot receiver if Avant leaves.

You guys desperately need a bigger, sure-handed target to work the shorter field for Donovan. Glad your FO is proactive and acknowledging that fact.

Thumper
01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
You guys desperately need a bigger, sure-handed target to work the shorter field for Donovan. Glad your FO is proactive and acknowledging that fact.

You mean Kevin Kolb?

01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
You mean Kevin Kolb?

LOL, whoever it may be. He'd be a much better fit with Kolb too.

Sniper
01-11-2010, 06:53 AM

Avant is money, cash, hoes in that role when they care to throw to him.

brat316
01-11-2010, 12:37 PM
How about new offensive coordinator, one that yells at Reid WTF are you doing?

Thumper
01-11-2010, 04:38 PM
My safety wishlist now goes in this order:
1. Earl Thomas
2. Morgan Burnett
3. Chad Jones

Earl Thomas is a more refined version of Burnett and Chad Jones is a fantastic athlete and has a ton of potential, probably more than any other safety in the draft, but he is a project and probably a SS.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Thomas is a beast, Burnett sucks and Chad Jones is a great athlete, but he's a project.

As for a new OC, I'd be fine letting Morningwheg go.

brat316
01-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Thomas Eagles probably won't land without moving up. A few teams in front need a safety, one being the Giants. But that could help by having Mays fall or one of the DEs

superman8456
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I hope the Eagles trade out of the 1st. What would we use that pick on?
DE- No point in using the pick here if Brandon Graham, Greg Romeus, Derrick Morgan are all off the board.
CB- No one really talented enough that deserves this spot. Sure, players are going to move up because of the weak class, but no need in wasting the pick.
G- Mike Iupati would be understandable. I wouldn't really complain about it, but I would ask why we still have Stacy Andrews and Max Jean Gilles?
FS- If Mays takes a tumble, he could be an obvious pick. I don't think Earl Thomas is going to last to us, but you never know. No other S is worth the risk/reward of a 1st.
LB- Sean Weatherspoon is pretty tempting, but he doesn't fill the SLB need. Then again, the coaches seem to be very impressed by Moise Fokou. Akeem Jordan has played well, and so has Tracy White. We have good depth along the LB corp except SLB.

If we can get two 1st round picks next year that would be great. Imagine if we were able to get an AJ Green with Patrick Peterson combo.
I want more of a project LDE as well. I feel like Jaqua Parker does an adequate job and we have time to coach up a player. A very athletic, big, high ceiling type player.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I agree, but I'd rather trade up than down. We have the picks to make it happen too.

Go_Eagles77
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm actually not as high on Earl Thomas as I was on Michael Griffin in 07 (I wanted him bad) but I will be very happy with Thomas this year.

superman8456
01-11-2010, 08:03 PM
What do we do about DT? Keep the guys we have?

Bunkley has been solid and has earned his paycheck. That Dixon kid showed some promise during the Cowboys game. Patterson was inconsistent. Trevor Laws is just plain bad.

Thumper
01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I want Dixon to have a much larger role, the guy has so much potential, I sat there and watched the defense get gashed for 2 straight games and I noticed that typically when the run was stuffed big #64 was in there, I remember screaming at the TV "PUT DIXON IN!" and then the next play I see Dixon tackle a RB for a loss with a blocker in his back, he overpowered the Cowboys LG.

And right now I think the Eagles should address DE first because having a great DE could do a lot to cover the FS in the passing game, the guy who I want the most is Derrick Morgan but his stock is through the roof right now and the other guy I want is Greg Romeus and he is going back to school.

superman8456
01-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Clifton Geathers, if he declares, is my pick. He is BIG, with good athleticism. He is 6'8 and really impressed me against Florida. I think we need to get bigger along the defensive line.

Thumper
01-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Clifton Geathers, if he declares, is my pick. He is BIG, with good athleticism. He is 6'8 and really impressed me against Florida. I think we need to get bigger along the defensive line.

Ehh... IDK about him I see a ton of Calias Campell in him and that isn't a good thing. I'm all for size but at 6'8" he is going to struggle with cut blocks, he is going to have bad leverage and he probably won't be a huge force in the run game due to those factors amongst others. And he has character issues, he hasn't been productive and there are a ton of red flags with this guy. Plus personally I don't think he fits the system, the Eagles drop ends into coverage often and they use them in the joker role where they play linebacker and Geathers simply can't do that. I think his best role will be as a 3-4 DE, like Campell.

Sniper
01-11-2010, 08:37 PM
1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
2. Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
3. Kurt Coleman, S, Ohio State
4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
5. Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
6. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

Success!

camp_eagles
01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
2. Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
3. Kurt Coleman, S, Ohio State
4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
5. Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
6. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

Success!
I disagree with the the 4th and 5th players 1) they didnt go to Michigan
2) they dont play in the big ten

Im shocked to see an OSU player in this

Go_Eagles77
01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm a PSU fan, and I would be pumped if we got Graham and Warren 1-2.

superman8456
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm a PSU fan, and I would be pumped if we got Graham and Warren 1-2.

I honestly wouldn't. There would be no immediate impact from either of those guys. I want someone who will come in and be a contributer from day 1. Warren would be, at best, our dime corner. Graham may be a starter on day 1, but thats still questionable. Jaqua Parker has not been playing bad football.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Well thanks to the new format we'll have a better draft pick than we would in past years since we got knocked out early.

Thumper
01-12-2010, 05:03 PM
How does everyone feel about Greg Hardy? Arguably one of the most talented players in the draft and it looks like he is going to fall due to a combination of injuries and character 'issues'.

Everything that I've read about him suggests that if his foot isn't a problem he is a complete DE that would be a great fit in the system with his combination of athleticism, power and pass rush moves. He could play the joker LB on occasion, he actually drops into coverage more than I expected in college (I saw it multiple times against Alabama).

And I am disappointed that Greg Romeus is going back to school, now my targets are James Hardy and Brandon Lang (who will develop into a LE).

superman8456
01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Clifton Geathers is entering the draft. :)

Everson Griffin actually fits what I want from my LDE more. Imagine if we could get out of the 1st for an extra 2nd, then draft Everson Griffin and Reshad Jones. That would be a good draft.

Dear Eagles,

Please trade up for Rolanbeast McBeast. Kick Stewart Bradley out to SLB, put McBeast in the middle, have Will Witherspoon at WLB and sit back and enjoy the carnage that occurs.

Thank you,
Sniper

Todd Bertuzzi
01-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Griffin will be a first round pick.

Thumper
01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
IDK after more research I am not so positive on Everson Griffen especially as a LE on the Eagles and even though I had Reshad Jones in the first before anyone else did (yeah, I was proud of that, I beat experts to that one) this offseason, he hasn't really progressed as much as I thought that he would, and I am doubting he will ever get better. He is a big physical safety in the box but he gets exposed in coverage but he does make some big plays on interceptions on occasion, he is a Sean Jones clone and quite frankly I don't want Sean Jones back so why would I want a player just like him?

Right now I want the Eagles to do whatever it takes to get Earl Thomas, he can be Dawks replacement, he has the temperament, the playmaking skills, the intelligence and the physicality. One thing he needs to do is get bigger but aside from that I think he is just as good if not better than any other safety in this class besides Eric Berry who he isn't far behind, same type of player.

Also I noticed myself making this mistake, I expect to find a guy like Justin Tuck or Brian Dawkins in the draft a guy with those kind of physical skills in college but just recently it dawned on me, these guys can grow into their frames and that is part of the reason I like Earl Thomas and Brandon Lang, they have the skills to play FS or LE at the NFL the only thing they lack is some size and that will come with time.

On the topic of Brandon Lang, a lot of people think he is a RE just because he is 255 pounds but he plays LE in college, he is actually fairly strong, has shown the ability to control his gap and is actually very powerful for his size, all he needs to do is bulk up about 10 pounds and he can easily play LE in the NFL.

Thumper
01-14-2010, 09:53 PM
So my idea of lacking leadership, combined with the fact that the Eagles can't stop Felix Jones has led to my idea that the Eagles should be targeting linebackers, the position that has been lacking for a while now.

Target #1: Brandon Spikes
-The guy plays like Trotter but is perhaps more athletic, he is a downhill linebacker who can stand up linemen, take on full backs, bust screen plays and stuff the gaps. I actually think that he has the frame to hold up at SLB in the Eagles scheme. But what I really like about him is his leadership, he was voted a team captain as a Junior and he serves on the Florida Football Leadership Committee.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V4KJUEdN3T8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V4KJUEdN3T8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

He plays football the old Eagles way, with toughness, tons of pride and the attitude that we're going to mess you up and feel mighty good about it.

Target #2: Michah Johnson
The guy is another thumper at MLB and I feel like he would be a fantastic option as a back-up, not a starter quite yet but with him and Big Stewart Bradley in the middle I don't think anyone will really want to run. He plays with reckless abandon, has the strength to take on guards, busts screen plays, throws all 255+ pounds of his weight around, can take on full backs, he can blitz and he does everything that is typically required of the Eagles MLB.

Did I mention he was very strong and powerful? Just look at this guy:
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/draftdogimages/2010%20prospects/Micah-Johnson.jpg

And in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvpKS-PfEDc), Michah says, "[Practice] was 2 times, 3 times better, just as far as intensity and energy. You know you have to play defense with both those aspects, so I thought it was a good day."
Music to my ears.

superman8456
01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
A lot of people are giving us Carlos Dunlap in their mock drafts. I don't read too much into those mocks, but how would you guys feel about him?

I honestly do not know how I would feel if we called his name on draft day. I think I would probably be more on the pissed side, but he's an alright prospect to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thumper
01-16-2010, 04:43 PM
If the Eagles draft Carlos Dunlap I will be so pissed off I don't know what I would do, the guy is a waste of talent, he doesn't try hard at all, is a huge liability in the run game. I hate Dunlap.

Sniper
01-16-2010, 05:14 PM
If the Eagles draft Carlos Dunlap I will be so pissed off I don't know what I would do, the guy is a waste of talent, he doesn't try hard at all, is a huge liability in the run game. I hate Dunlap.

Thanks for covering it for me.

Dunlap is garbage. For a guy who's 6'7", 290 pounds, he's one of the softest players I've ever seen. He gives zero effort. Atrocious against the run. He just vacates his assignment to try to kill the QB. Key word there is try because nearly all the sacks he gets are coverage sacks due to UF's excellent secondary. I hated DeSean Jackson as a first-round prospect, but I hate Dunlap as a prospect in any round.

DEs in the draft that I'd take over Dunlap, in no order.

Brandon Graham, Everson Griffen, Derrick Morgan, Sergio Kindle (if you want him at DE), Greg Hardy, Corey Wootton, Ricky Sapp, Thad Gibson, Jermaine Cunningham, O'Brien Schofield, Brandon Lang...you get the picture.

Thumper
01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I wrote this prior to the season, obviously a few details have changed like Ciron Black's draft status but other than that.... it is all still true.

YES! I agree x1000%.

He lacks a great first step and doesn't reach the corner. A majority of his sacks came from quarterbacks holding on to the ball for too long. His upper-body is extremely skinny, skinnier than that of Gaines Adams and even Michael Johnson. He isn't fast at all and looks like he will run a 4.8 or a 4.9. Honestly I think he is the worst of all of the prototype defensive ends (Peppers, Williams, Anderson, Johnson, Adams). He compares favorably with Jamaal Anderson from a few years ago who went top 10 and hasn't done anything in the NFL, the only difference? Jamaal Anderson was better in college and was stronger.

IMO the best prototype DE in this draft is Corey Wootton out of Northwestern.

Dunlap does have his positives though, he does have a nice bull rush, he has nice production and he never quits on a play. However I think that his strength and bull rush are results of playing against College Left Tackles that are not NFL caliber. In fact, he played 3 first round NFL tackles in Andre Smith, Michael Oher and Ciron Black all 3 of whom are right tackles in the NFL. Do you know how many sacks he registered against them? Not one. He didn't even get a sack against Phil Loadholt.

The depth chart I found said he played RE but it could be wrong so I'll just name the RTs he faced in those games:
Drew Davis, John Jerry, Joseph Barksdale and Trent Williams. 4 players who will be in the NFL, he did not register a sack.

He did not register a sack in 8 separate games. And he compiled 6 of his sacks against the likes of Kentucky, Florida St. and Miami. The only notable LT on these teams is Jason Fox, who I believe had a freshman QB that he was protecting. But aside from that he beat up on a freshman and a no name at Kentucky.

And it looks even worse if he was a LE because he was going against nobodies versus Florida St. and Kentucky and he played against an injured Reggie Youngblood in Miami. Not good any way you spin it.

Here is an example of what I mean by he gets sacks because the QB holds the ball too long:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IasRd6l5zSs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IasRd6l5zSs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not much has changed, he beat up on lesser competition again this season for 9 sacks, 3 of which came against Mississippi State, care to tell me the draft prospects of Miss. St.'s RT? First you have to try and find who he is.

And I took specific notes on Dunlap on another computer I'll post them here when in a few minutes, they weren't good. It was against LSU who has a NFL caliber RT and he was a non factor all game.

EDIT: Here are some of my notes.
#8 Carlos Dunlap- Looking slow, he couldn’t beat the OG
Slow off the snap, and he tried to bull rush Ciron Black and it didn’t work
Did a nice job in pursuit chasing Jefferson
He is big and should be a force in run support but he doesn’t look like he is trying he was blocked and just watched Scott run by the line
Completely walled off by Black
Useless in the one yard play, and then to add onto that he had a personal foul for unnecessary roughness
He is good in pursuit but he gets no pressure off the snap.
Gets the pressure that leads to an interception
QB pressure and hit

Simply put the guy is soft and lazy and stupid, evidence he doesn't try hard, he is a monster physically and a majority of his sacks come from having Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins behind him, and as for stupid I just point to being stopped at an intersection in the middle of the morning asleep at the wheel, drunk the week of the SEC Championship.

Carlos Dunlap needs to stay away.

Thumper
01-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Chris Stueuber says the Eagles met with Dexter McCluster today

Andy Reid has shifted his love to smaller faster players. One thing is for sure though he would be a nice fit at KR and PR with the ability to be a situational RB and slot receiver.

superman8456
01-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Chris Stueuber says the Eagles met with Dexter McCluster today

Andy Reid has shifted his love to smaller faster players. One thing is for sure though he would be a nice fit at KR and PR with the ability to be a situational RB and slot receiver.

Ugh, I'm not a fan of this guy. I dont believe he can take an NFL pounding, but he is a dynamic player. He is great with the ball in his hands, but he is only 165 lbs tops.

His style of play isnt really a DeSean Jackson type either, where a smaller player can still produce extremely well.

The last thing we need is an undersized speed guy. We need SIZE.

The more I've thought about it, the more I believe the Eagles will be using a 3rd-4th round pick on a RB. The guys that will be in that range off the top of my head are Toby Gerhart, Ryan Matthews, Ben Tate, and Anthony Dixon. Who do you think the Eagles should get?

Thumper
01-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Ugh, I'm not a fan of this guy. I dont believe he can take an NFL pounding, but he is a dynamic player. He is great with the ball in his hands, but he is only 165 lbs tops.

His style of play isnt really a DeSean Jackson type either, where a smaller player can still produce extremely well.

The last thing we need is an undersized speed guy. We need SIZE.

The more I've thought about it, the more I believe the Eagles will be using a 3rd-4th round pick on a RB. The guys that will be in that range off the top of my head are Toby Gerhart, Ryan Matthews, Ben Tate, and Anthony Dixon. Who do you think the Eagles should get?

Personally I REALLY like Montario Hardesty and afer that I like Ben Tate. I think Gerhart will bust, Matthews is way to injury prone and Dixon is a poor man's Lendale White.

Some guys I like aren't high profile guys, I like Keith Totson from Oklahoma State and Dimitri Nance from Arizona State, both are bigger backs. Here is some stuff I read on these two from the Senior Bowl.
Keith Toston (Oklahoma State) showed a well rounded game today. He stays low, showing great patience and vision every time he carries the ball. I like the way he smoothly glides across the field and he was getting 5-7 yard carries regularly in practice today. He is a very agile back, and can maneuver his way through trash at the line of scrimmage. His feet are outstanding and he runs under control even though he can make ankle-breaking cuts on a dime. Toston even showed some toughness today because Chris Thomas (DB - Air Force) was crushing players today, but he could not make Toston lose his feet. His low center of gravity and balance was surely making NFL scouts drool.
Dimitri Nance (Arizona State) is a back I enjoy watching very much. He has more burst than you would expect a man his size to have, and he delivers punishment to anyone trying to tackle him. Nance showed a great start/stop move in the hole today that most big backs can’t make. He doesn’t lose all of his momentum when changing direction, and keeps his piston-like legs moving to churn out the tough yards after contact. He’s more than a big man that is hard to tackle, he runs with “pop” and has an aggressive (mean) attitude when it comes to running the football. Nance also had a good spin move and is light on his feet.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-25-2010, 10:54 AM
It wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on Blount in the mid/late rounds.

superman8456
01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Sean Weatherspoon came at a little under 6'1 and 241 lbs at the Senior Bowl. Cant wait to see how he plays this week.

brat316
01-25-2010, 04:30 PM
A guy to look out for maybe in the 4-5 round range for strong side Lb is AJ Edds. Guy that doesn't have anything that stands out, but does everything well and makes very little mistakes.

superman8456
01-26-2010, 06:13 PM
If Terrence Cody is around at our 2nd-3rd round pick, I would be pissed if we didn't take him. Cody would bring much better run defending than Patterson gives us, and virtually the same pass rush. We would have one of the better run defenses in the league wth him.

Edit: this is probably just my frustration still talking

brat316
01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Nah, I think Dixon is fine.

Thumper
01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
The Eagles love measurables, its official.

Looking back at the Eagles draft history I should've known it, I mean McNabb was a freak at QB, Corey Simon ran a 4.82 at 300 pounds, Freddie Mitchell was a fast guy at 6' 185 pounds with low 4.4 speed, Lito Sheppard was a speedy corner, Jerome McDougle ran a 4.64 at 265 pounds, Shawn Andrews was a monstrous OT who was unbelievably powerful, Mike Patterson was nicknamed Baby Sapp for his quickness, Bunkley was a freak of nature, DeSean was super fast and Jeremy Maclin was another speedster. And it doesn't stop there, LJ Smith, Matt Ware, Matt McCoy, Chris Gocong, Winston Justice, Max Jean-Giles, Rashard Barksdale, Trevor Laws, Bryan Smith, Andy Studebaker, King Dunlap the list goes on and on, Andy Reid continuously takes freaks athletically, taking size on the offensive line, size and speed in the defensive backfield, speed at receiver and quickness on the defensive line. The trend even continued into free agency with signings of TO, Jevon Kearse, Chris Clemons, Stacy Andrews and a trade for Jason Peters. One things has become quite clear the Eagles love athletes.

So I guess judging all the traits the Eagles like in their players I really shouldn't be the least bit surprised at who they're checking out at the senior bowl.

The Eagles, according to Les Bowen, are taking a long hard look at Taylor Mays. (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100126_Southern_Cal_s_Mays_conducts_safety_clini c_at_Senior_Bowl_practice.html) which fits the trend of size and speed in the defensive backfield.
Scott Wright says the Eagles talked to George Selvie who certainly fits the trend of quickness on the defensive line.
Chris Steuber says the Eagles had a meeting with Dexter McCluster which would certainly fit the trend of speed at WR.
Other sources have noted Eagles meeting with both Justin Cole and Lagarette Blount and it should be noted both are freaks, Cole is 245+ pounds and figures to run in the high 4.5s and Blount is a 245 pound RB who is incredibly athletic for his size.

Next thing you know we're going to be hearing that the Eagles are in love with Vladamir Duccasse, Jacoby Ford and Myron Rolle.

PS- Myron Rolle and Taylor Mays are growing on me a little bit, Rolle because he is a physical in the box safety that can stuff the run and he is incredibly intelligent and could potentially manage the defense during his career and Mays because part of me wonders what Sean McDermott could do with him, if everything went right he could mold Mays into a great S especially in the Eagles system where the FS does a lot of blitzing and attacking.

Thumper
01-26-2010, 06:58 PM
And in addition the Eagles have reportedly been talking to Jared Odrick, again fitting the quickness inside trend. The Eagles have also been looking at Jarrett Brown out of West Virginia who certainly fits the athletic QB trend and is possibly a Vick replacement. Two things that I don't think fit the trends are the Eagles looking at DT Dan Williams which would suggest the Eagles aren't happy with the current run defense, does this mean a Bunkley move to UT and Patterson being kept as a back-up? Or is it just due diligence on the Eagles part. Personally I really like Williams and would love it if he was picked in the second, but I doubt he gets there. And the Eagles were looking at Jeremy Williams out of Tulane a guy who profiles as a slot guy or back-up in the Eagles system.

EDIT: Add Nate Allen to the list, size: check. speed: check. He fits the trend.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-26-2010, 07:23 PM
It wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on Blount in the mid/late rounds.

The Eagles love measurables, its official.

Other sources have noted Eagles meeting with both Justin Cole and Lagarette Blount and it should be noted both are freaks, Cole is 245+ pounds and figures to run in the high 4.5s and Blount is a 245 pound RB who is incredibly athletic for his size.

I would welcome the Mays pick. Not sure if he'll be available where we're picking, but he's a great fit for our system. As for Odrick, I would like to avoid Penn St. linemen at all costs.

Thumper
01-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Mike Iupati is says that he met with Jaun Castillo and Iupati liked what he heard from Castillo and Castillo was reportedly very impressed with him. He would certainly fit the Eagles trend of big guards who can pull and are overpowering in the run game.

superman8456
01-27-2010, 05:14 PM
I would welcome Odrick for the right price.

I dont know how I would feel about Iupati. I would love that we got one of the best players in the draft, but it would make me wonder our plans for Max Jean Gilles, Stacy, Nick Cole, etc. If we would could trade back 2 or 3 spots and then take Iupati I would be much happier and then maybe take Maurkice Pouncey in the 2nd. That would be a good for us.

Sean Weatherspoon at SLB? Food for thought for me.

Thumper
01-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Pouncey is going to go late first, the guy is the best center prospect I can remember, he is better than LeCharles Bentley, Chris Spencer, Jason Brown, Nick Mangold and Alex Mack. I can't tell you guys about him enough, the guy has the size to handle any NT in the NFL one on one, the power to move his man off the line, the quickness to get to the second level, the agility to mirror any UT in the NFL. And he is versatile, with the capability of playing C, LG, RG or RT. In addition to his physical tools, he showed the awareness and intelligence at Florida.

The Eagles RG situation is questionable, one decent player in Nick Cole, two underachievers in Max Jean-Giles and Stacy Andrews and one HUGE question mark in Shawn Andrews.

No way Weatherspoon is a SLB in the Eagles scheme.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Iupati is great value where we're picking. MJG and Cole are nothing more than backups and Stacy Andrews just flat out sucks.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Pouncey is going to go late first, the guy is the best center prospect I can remember, he is better than LeCharles Bentley, Chris Spencer, Jason Brown, Nick Mangold and Alex Mack. I can't tell you guys about him enough, the guy has the size to handle any NT in the NFL one on one, the power to move his man off the line, the quickness to get to the second level, the agility to mirror any UT in the NFL. And he is versatile, with the capability of playing C, LG, RG or RT. In addition to his physical tools, he showed the awareness and intelligence at Florida.

Lol Pouncey won't go first round and he is not this amazing prospect you make him out to be.

Thumper
01-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Lol Pouncey won't go first round and he is not this amazing prospect you make him out to be.

Yes he is, he is one of the best if not the best center prospects of the decade and lately centers have gone late first, Charles Spencer, Nick Mangold, Alex Mack and Eric Wood for example.

And he isn't a good prospect? He is the second best interior lineman after Iupati in this draft, personally I think it is a 1A and 1B kind of deal depending on whether you need a OG or a C, and that is fairly easy to figure out. The guy was the best center in the nation this season, he anchored the offensive line for the Gators and he was a dominating center for a dominating run game. He stands at 6'5" and 318 pounds and ran a 5.08 at last years' Florida pro day. And I'm not just pulling this versatility thing out of thin air like people are doing with Iupati, Pouncey actually started his entire freshman season at RT.

And I'd just like to point out that I'm not the only one who thinks this, Wes Bunting says "Pouncey not only looks like the nation’s top center prospect, he grades out as one of the draft’s top overall talents in my opinion. He has the makings of someone capable of winning a starting job in training camp and eventually developing into one of the league’s top centers." and Mike Mayock has him ranked as the drafts second interior offensive lineman behind only Iupati. And I know for a fact that every single decent talent evaluator has him as the drafts top rated center, Scott does. And who will jump over him in the rankings along the interior of the offensive line? The only two I would even consider ranking above him are two tackles, Anthony Davis and Vladamir Duccasse if they make the move to OG.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes he is, he is one of the best if not the best center prospects of the decade and lately centers have gone late first, Charles Spencer, Nick Mangold, Alex Mack and Eric Wood for example.

And he isn't a good prospect? He is the second best interior lineman after Iupati in this draft, personally I think it is a 1A and 1B kind of deal depending on whether you need a OG or a C, and that is fairly easy to figure out. The guy was the best center in the nation this season, he anchored the offensive line for the Gators and he was a dominating center for a dominating run game. He stands at 6'5" and 318 pounds and ran a 5.08 at last years' Florida pro day. And I'm not just pulling this versatility thing out of thin air like people are doing with Iupati, Pouncey actually started his entire freshman season at RT.

And I'd just like to point out that I'm not the only one who thinks this, Wes Bunting says "Pouncey not only looks like the nation’s top center prospect, he grades out as one of the draft’s top overall talents in my opinion. He has the makings of someone capable of winning a starting job in training camp and eventually developing into one of the league’s top centers." and Mike Mayock has him ranked as the drafts second interior offensive lineman behind only Iupati. And I know for a fact that every single decent talent evaluator has him as the drafts top rated center, Scott does. And who will jump over him in the rankings along the interior of the offensive line? The only two I would even consider ranking above him are two tackles, Anthony Davis and Vladamir Duccasse if they make the move to OG.

He may be the top ranked center, but he is far from an elite prospect and the top center of the decade. Not only that, but we have a bunch of areas that need to be addressed before center.

camp_eagles
01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I do not see C as a need espically with JJ, Nick Cole and McGlynn I would love Iupati because from what I heard he is like Jon Runyan a Big Mauler with a mean streak which I really think is missing from this line.

Sniper
01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't see center as a dire need. We have significantly bigger needs elsewhere. In my opinion, our biggest needs are...

1. Free safety
2. Defensive end
3. Cornerback
4. Running back
5. Guard
6. Punter

Thumper
01-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Offensive line is a HUGE problem, they gave up so many sacks all season 40 of them to be exact and 43 if you count the playoffs and they would've given up a lot more if McNabb wasn't as mobile.

The Eagles BARELY averaged 4 yards a carry when they ran up the middle, and then we saw how terrible Nick Cole was at center, how many botched snaps were there and there was absolutely no room up the middle to run. If Mike McGlynn was good enough don't you think he would've started over Nick Cole? Especially after his first Dallas performance?

Yeah Jamaal Jackson is a good player, but he was always just above average to begin with, never fantastic and now we're expecting him to come back after tearing his ACL near the beginning of January, which leaves him about 8-9 months to recover from an injury that typically takes 1 year to heal, we should know how much of a struggle this is, just look at what happened to Stacy Andrews he wasn't good at all and this could be blamed on his knee injury that hampered his progression. Not only that but Jamaal Jackson isn't a small guy and he isn't really young either, a guy who is heading in on 30 years old and weighs 330 pounds isn't going to heal all that easily especially when you consider all the weight that he will have to put on that knee and the added stress.

Regardless I think the Dallas games showed why a C is important and I don't feel comfortable heading into next season with Nick Cole and Mike McGlynn at C.

I do agree that the defense needs help but I think if the Eagles want to be an elite offense that thrives on the big play the Eagles need a sturdy offensive line, especially a center due to all the things they do like make line adjustments and help create a clean pocket for the QB to step up in. And I happen to think that Pouncey is the best center prospect to come along in at least this 1/2 decade.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't see center as a dire need. We have significantly bigger needs elsewhere. In my opinion, our biggest needs are...

1. Free safety
2. Defensive end
3. Cornerback
4. Running back
5. Guard
6. Punter

I'd say:

1. FS
2. SLB
3. LE
4. RT/G
5. RB
6. P
7. WR(big possession guy)

Another reason I'm so high on Weatherspoon and why I think he'd be a great pick for us is because of the vocal leadership he brings to the table, the same kind of leadership we lost when Dawkins left.

A little tidbit from Scott's blog:

• It is becoming clear that Oregon’s LeGarrette Blount is the best running back in Mobile. Once again Blount proved what a strong, tough, powerful runner he is while also showing the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

I have been saying for a while that I hope we take a chance on him. It has become a two back league now and Blount/Shady would be a great combo. Sort of a thunder and lightning type thing where both can also catch out of the backfield.

superman8456
01-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Blount is definitely a player that I would want to bring in, and definitely if its only for a 5th or 6th. I'm sorry to say that this is also what the other 31 teams in the NFL are thinking. No chance he makes it past the 4th, but probably will be a mid 3rd.

I love Weatherspoon and I dont know how well he would fit our system. I'm willing to say he would be darn good though. He is a lot bigger than I thought he was going to be. He plays pretty physical, covers extremely well, has great range, and is a tackling machine. All qualities I want in my SLB. Not to mention that this isnt a very deep SLB class, so if we dont get one in FA, I want Weatherspoon with the 1st.

This FS is deep, so 2nd rounder is what I would feel comfortable using on a FS. Reshad Jones or Chad Jones would be ideal.

A need only some guys did mention is a big, redzone target type WR. We need someone who is going to go up and climb the ladder, while creating mismatches with his size. Danario Alexander in the 3rd round.

Andy Reid loves big offensive lineman so I would expect someone like Vlad Ducasse or Jon Jerry selected to be our G of the future.

I want a physical freak LDE. Someone who has an extremely high ceiling and just needs a year to develop. Our depth is extremely good at LDE, we just need to get better production out of it. I wouldnt call it a 1st round need after 1 season.

What type of RB do we target? A big guy who can run between the tackles or the speedy guy to can catch out of the backfield? Personally, I would like a Jahvid Best or a CJ Spiller, doubt it happens though. Jahvid Best would be ideal because he is about a late 2nd-late 3rd right now.

Todd Bertuzzi
01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
I love Weatherspoon and I dont know how well he would fit our system. I'm willing to say he would be darn good though. He is a lot bigger than I thought he was going to be. He plays pretty physical, covers extremely well, has great range, and is a tackling machine. All qualities I want in my SLB. Not to mention that this isnt a very deep SLB class, so if we dont get one in FA, I want Weatherspoon with the 1st.

Weatherspoon is a great WLB or a MLB, but I don't see him as a SLB.

This FS is deep, so 2nd rounder is what I would feel comfortable using on a FS. Reshad Jones or Chad Jones would be ideal.

Reshad Jones is a SS and he's overrated. Chad Jones is starting to get a little overrated too. He's a great athlete though and I wouldn't mind if we picked him, but he'll be a bit of a project.

A need only some guys did mention is a big, redzone target type WR. We need someone who is going to go up and climb the ladder, while creating mismatches with his size. Danario Alexander in the 3rd round.

I'm pretty high on Alexander and he's just what we need. Good value in the 3rd too.

What type of RB do we target? A big guy who can run between the tackles or the speedy guy to can catch out of the backfield? Personally, I would like a Jahvid Best or a CJ Spiller, doubt it happens though. Jahvid Best would be ideal because he is about a late 2nd-late 3rd right now.

A big guy. Shady is already the guy who can run outside the tackles. We need a downhill runner. As for Best and Spiller, Spiller likely won't be around when we're picking and we have bigger needs than RB to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on one especially after we spent a 2nd on McCoy last year.

Thumper
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
PS- Myron Rolle and Taylor Mays are growing on me a little bit, Rolle because he is a physical in the box safety that can stuff the run and he is incredibly intelligent and could potentially manage the defense during his career and Mays because part of me wonders what Sean McDermott could do with him, if everything went right he could mold Mays into a great S especially in the Eagles system where the FS does a lot of blitzing and attacking.

I lied. Reports of Taylor Mays being huge and laying huge hits had me intrigued for about a day but now reason has kicked in and I don't like him again. Honestly, the guy isn't going to amount to anything in the NFL IMO, he is just another Laron Landry a guy who looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. Mays could probably take out a small crowd with his hits but he doesn't take good angles and he doesn't wrap up and I guarantee that won't go over well against Miles Austin, Brandon Jacobs, Hakeem Nicks and Felix Jones. And not only that but he can't play man coverage, do you realize how often he will be in man to man coverage in the Eagles scheme, a blitzing scheme that would leave him on running backs in tight ends, he would get destroyed especially in this division where Fred Davis, Chris Cooley, Martellus Bennett, Jason Witten, John Phillips and Kevin Boss reside at TE all of whom could start on teams around the NFL and he would be in coverage against the likes of Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Tarshard Choice and Marion Barber all of whom are great receiving threats out of the backfield. He would get killed in this division just like Laron Landry is.

I will be legitimately PISSED if Taylor Mays is an Eagles in April.

Right now I would take so many players over him, give me Earl Thomas (a guy who would do well in this division) hell go ahead and give me Chad Jones or Reshad Jones over him and while you're at it go ahead and give me Nate Jones. Oh and Morgan Burnett is better than Taylor Mays and personally I think that Larry Asante and TJ Ward will have more success in the NFL than Taylor Mays. I hold Taylor Mays and Major Wright at about the same level, both are good for nothing except for big hits.

Right now the guys I want the Eagles to draft in round 1 are (some are depending on progress of Shawn Andrews, Stacy Andrews and Jamaal Jackson):
Mike Iupati
Maurkice Pouncey
Brandon Graham
Sean Weatherspoon
Kyle Wilson
Perrish Cox
Earl Thomas

I should probably make a little note on Weatherspoon, I have been thinking and I noticed that A. McDermott moves linebackers around A LOT and B. McDermott isn't the same as JJ, for example McD uses linebackers in coverage a TON more than JJ did and he uses them in ways JJ never did which is why I think we saw a lot of Tracy White and Moses Fokou in there over Chris Gocong and why we saw Sean Witherspoon play almost every snap every game and why Akeem Jordan was moved to MLB and played over Trotter for a while.

So with this in mind I like Weatherspoon because he is intelligent enough to locate the ball and direct the defense, he is a big time leader who is intelligent and emotional, he is versatile and can probably play all 3 LB spots if needed and because he is quick enough and intelligent enough to do very well in coverage and he can actually cover a TE or a RB. Everyone says he isn't a SLB because he gets caught up in trash and can't disengage from blocks, those are things that can be coached. He could play WLB and move Witherspoon back to MLB and Bradley to SLB, he could play MLB and force Bradley to SLB or he could play SLB.

Another guy I like as a player but don't like in the Eagles scheme is Navarro Bowman, I think if he gets on a team that needs a WLB he will be an absolute stud so lets hope that he goes to the AFC. One of my favorite players in the draft, he isn't real vocal but he is physical and he is a warrior, fighting through injury his sophomore year and he kept playing even though his dad, grandpa and highschool football coach all died in the same year. I really want to see Bowman do well.

Rob331
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Let's imagine what the draft would look like IF - we trade McNabb for a 1 and a 3 and we trade Vick for a 4.

That would leave is with two 1's, a 2, three 3's, and three 4's, a 6 and probably two 7th round compensatory picks.

So here goes -
1 (McNabb)-Carlos Dunlap DE Florida - starts and replaces Babin on the roster
1- Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech - replaces Westbrook or if Westy stays it's a 3 headed monster and Buckley goes
2- Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest - he might be gone so the back-up picks are Crezdon Butler, Kyle Wilson, or Ras I-Dowling. in any event this draft will have a striking similarity to the Lito/Sheldon/Michaol Lewis draft - replaces Patterson on the roster
3 (Seattle) - Sean Lee ILB Penn State- Penn State linebackers have gone lower than projected for 10 years. Lee will be the latest one and will be a steal. It's about time we have a real football player backing up our middle linebacker - Mays is a 53rd man at best and he'll be outta here.
3 (McNabb) - Daryl Washington OLB TCU - linebacker depth and competition is a must - replaces Daniels on the roster
3 - Donovan Warren CB Michigan - replaces hobbs on the roster
4 (Vick)- John Jerry G Mississippi - massive. Max Jean Gilles probably won't be back - here's his replacement
4- Colt McCoy QB Texas - we'll need two and one will probably come form the free agent route. It;ll be interesting to see if he's available, but 12 QB's were drafted last year and McCoy is rated 9 so he should be there in the mid to late rounds
4 (Jets/Lito)- Myron Rolle S Florida State - He'd have been a 1st or 2nd round pick last year but took advantage of a Rhodes Scholarship. Smart, big and fast - a perfect fit with Jauron teaching him the trade - Sean Jones was a liability and will be gone
6- Geno Atkins DT Georgia- With Dunlop on the team and a youth movement 34 year old Darren Howard's swing role is about played out. Laws also has to step up. Figure one of them to be a casualty
7 (comp)- Bryan Anderson WR Central Michigan- 6'5" receiver. He;s the big guy everyone always wants. Remember Brian Finneran, he's still in the league even after Andy cut him after he fumbled away a victory in his (Reid and Finneran's) first game as an Eagle. Curtis or Reggie Brown leave us
7 (comp) Steve Brown S Michigan- probably destined for the practice squad, but if Demps doesn't get it in a hurry he could be replaced.

I know, I know - dream on!

Thumper
02-06-2010, 03:26 PM
That is really bad and I would cry if the Eagles had that draft class, we would doom the team to suck for years.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Who in their right mind would trade a 1st and 3rd for McNabb? I could see a 2nd + a late round draft pick from a team like Minnesota, but a 1st and 3rd is way too much for a guy who chokes in the big games with a tremendous supporting cast backing him up.

Sniper
02-06-2010, 07:50 PM
1 (McNabb)-Carlos Dunlap DE Florida - starts and replaces Babin on the roster

I would probably kill someone if the Eagles took Dunlap.

brat316
02-06-2010, 08:47 PM
warren and Dwyer are good picks other than that its like WTF?

superman8456
02-08-2010, 11:43 PM
What is the opinion on Eric Norwood as our 2nd round pick to be SLB?

cunningham06
02-09-2010, 01:14 AM
I want to see the Eagles take a Longhorn this year, they match positions of need for us really well. Either Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas, or Lamarr Houston. Lamarr Houston would be available in round 2 or 3 probably and he is an absolute freak. He is a ripped 300 pounds and is an absolute force in the middle. He's very quick and can play the run well also.

Go_Eagles77
02-09-2010, 09:27 AM
How about Roddrick Muckelroy? I have to say I haven't seen a whole lot of Texas football but from what I saw I think he's a pretty good prospect and could possibly play SLB for us. Can probably be had in the 3rd round too.

superman8456
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
There's a lot of talk about other teams interest in our QB's. I believe two of them go. Which two, I'm not sure.

Who do you guys think is going to go and what value will we get in return?

camp_eagles
02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
There's a lot of talk about other teams interest in our QB's. I believe two of them go. Which two, I'm not sure.

Who do you guys think is going to go and what value will we get in return?

I think if McNabb goes then both Vick and Kolb stay but if Vick goes then I think Kolb could go as well but I really that doubt 2 leave. And personally I think only Vick will go and McNabb gets one more year to win a superbowl if he dosent then Kolb get the extension and becomes the QB of the future.

cunningham06
02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Vick's gonna leave, Kolb and McNabb will stay.

As for Muckelroy, I liked him he's a tackling machine, but I don't like him as a SAM in our system. The more I think about it, the more I could see Sergio Kindle at the strongside spot. He totally fits the battering ram mold that we need at the position and he's excellent in space. He's quite a bit more athletic than Gocong and I think he could be an absolute beast for us.

camp_eagles
02-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Vick's gonna leave, Kolb and McNabb will stay.

As for Muckelroy, I liked him he's a tackling machine, but I don't like him as a SAM in our system. The more I think about it, the more I could see Sergio Kindle at the strongside spot. He totally fits the battering ram mold that we need at the position and he's excellent in space. He's quite a bit more athletic than Gocong and I think he could be an absolute beast for us.

Kindle could play like Orakpo did this year playing SAM on 1st and 2nd down then switching to end on 3rd.

Thumper
02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
I think McNabb and Vick are gone, Kolb is ready, McNabb is not going to gain value and Vick is going to make WAY too much money for the Eagles to keep him as a back-up.

I would watch out for AJ Feely on the FA market this year, he knows the scheme and has played here for years and then they would draft a guy like Crompton in the draft or maybe Zac Robinson or if they're intent on keeping the Wildcat around maybe Jarrett Brown.

Thumper
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Kindle could play like Orakpo did this year playing SAM on 1st and 2nd down then switching to end on 3rd.

It would make sense too, Kindle is more fluid in space than Orakpo is but he isn't as good at rushing the passer however, it would allow the Eagles to keep the run stuffer Abiamiri in on 1st and 2nd downs and move Kindle to DE on third down and long if needed.

Also Everson Griffen is a little bit of a question mark for me, on one hand he reminds me of Dwight Freeney and he is actually very strong/thick especially for a player coming out of college, he has the strength to play LDE but he doesn't often use it and doesn't display an interest in the run often enough for my liking. But the Eagles love athletes and Griffen is a great one and the Eagles have never been one to label guys as LE or RE, they just want guys who get after the QB. I love his potential but I am worried that he will bust due to A. Not much production and B. Little to no success of USC linemen in the NFL.

superman8456
02-09-2010, 11:28 PM
The thing I love about Everson Griffin, Jason Piere Paul, Carlos Dunlap, etc. type prospects is that they're projects. Don't expect them to come in season one and be productive players. They all have tremendous athleticism and upside, but they still have a lot of refining to do and a lot of coaching has to go into them. THIS is the kind of player we need. Hopefully this can make them better pro players than they were college players.

We have time to do this for a player because we're not built to win it all right now. We're going to be a competitive team and MAY have a chance at it, but we're still way too young. This is also the reason I say we go with Kolb, even though I'm a huge McNabb fan.

brat316
02-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I think Griffin is the most complete DE out of those you named.

JPP has the best athleticism and relays solely on it.

And Dunlap is the worst, just another Flordia De waiting to bust.

Eagles having Griffen would be awesome, someone to play the strong side and complement Trent Cole.

camp_eagles
02-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Everson Griffin highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNzSE9q0R3k

I dont think you can question JPP's athleticism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-1e6Faglw

Kindle highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qul0KgveR5k

superman8456
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
My biggest problem with JPP is that he takes bad angles to the ball and isn't a good tackler at all.

Everson Griffin would probably the most NFL ready out of all of them.

I think if we put Sergio Kindle and SLB, his skillset would not be utilized to its full potential.

camp_eagles
02-10-2010, 11:36 AM
My biggest problem with JPP is that he takes bad angles to the ball and isn't a good tackler at all.

Everson Griffin would probably the most NFL ready out of all of them.

I think if we put Sergio Kindle and SLB, his skillset would not be utilized to its full potential.

I just watched a highlight/lowlight video of JPP Im not impressed he has only one move which is to run around the tackle the few times he tried to spin/swim or bullrush he failed. Does not play with a good pad level but when he does watch out. JPP is the definition of Boom or Bust its all about the situation he goes into which philly could be a good one for him but I dont want the risk.

Go_Eagles77
02-14-2010, 05:50 PM
My latest eagles mock:

Trade McNabb for high 2nd round pick

1. FS Earl Thomas
2a. LB Daryl Washington
2b.CB Kareem Jackson
3a. DE Lindsey Witten
3b. RB Ben Tate
4a. OG John Jerry
4b. TE Colin Peek
6a. QB Jarrett Brown
6b. WR Freddie Barnes

Thumper
02-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Here is a question for you all, is Earl Thomas better than Macho Harris?

I know half of you just got ready to be like "Your ********" but think about it. Victor Harris is 5'11" and 195 pounds, Earl Thomas is probably a little smaller. Everybody praises Earl Thomas for his ball skills but Macho Harris had 11 interceptions in his Junior and Senior year and Earl Thomas had 10 in his last 2 years in college.

Last year NFL.com said this of Macho Harris: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/victor-harris?id=80648#profiles-tabs:players-analysis
Positives: Natural playmaker. ... Versatile athlete with the skills to help at multiple positions. ... Alert zone defender. ... Reads the quarterback's eyes and closes quickly on the ball. ... Reliable open-field tackler who flashes explosiveness as a hitter. ... Willing to dirty his jersey against the run. ... Good lateral agility to elude blockers and will come up aggressively in run support. ... At least adequate hip flexibility and straight-line speed. ... Natural hands for the interception. ... Can track the ball over either shoulder. ... Good leaping ability and times his leaps well. ... Can highpoint passes and shows the strong hands to snatch passes out of the air. ... Reliable hands as a returner. ... Good vision and burst as a returner.

Negatives: Might lack the hip flexibility and straight-line speed for man coverage. ... Inconsistent press technique and lacks the burst to keep up with faster receivers if he misses his initial punch. ... Likes to go for the intimidating hit and will occasionally fail to wrap up properly when dropping his shoulder into the ballcarrier. ... Plays a flashy, emotional game and can get carried away on the field, drawing penalties.

That could VERY easily be a scouting report for Earl Thomas, if they just changed the name to Earl Thomas I wouldn't think anything of it.

So should we really draft Earl Thomas or should the Eagles just develop Macho Harris who is a very similar player.

superman8456
02-14-2010, 06:40 PM
My latest eagles mock:

Trade McNabb for high 2nd round pick

1. FS Earl Thomas Great pick
2a. LB Daryl Washington MLB? Do you think Stewart Bradley plays SLB? How do you predict the starting LB corp?
2b.CB Kareem Jackson I'm a fan of Jackson, dont know if he lasts until here but a CB will
3a. DE Lindsey Witten Really great value here
3b. RB Ben Tate Not a fan at all of Tate
4a. OG John Jerry Anothon good value pick
4b. TE Colin Peek Good player to have a good battle between Alex Smith with during training camp
6a. QB Jarrett Brown I dont know why, but I love this pick
6b. WR Freddie Barnes Doubt he would be able to make the active roster, but he might develop into a useful player

10 characters

brat316
02-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Earl Thomas can play FS, and cb.

Thumper
02-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Everson Griffen looks like a DT, that guy is STACKED if he ever decided he wanted to play all out on every play (yes that includes run plays) he could be an all time great, he looks like he is somewhere between 280 and 290 and he figures to run a 4.6 at the combine. Everson Griffen looks like he could be an absolute STUD. Plus he seems like a funny guy, an energetic guy who can have fun in practice and still work hard and he fosters competition with his little jokes, he seems like he would fit RIGHT in with the Eagles defense consisting of a bunch of jokers like Asante Samuel, Trent Cole, Brodrick Bunkley and he would fit in with everyone on the team including Donovan McNabb and DeSean Jackson.

I think that the only flaw he has is that he is disinterested from time to time against the run and sometimes he will quit on a play, but it isn't like he does it every time you'll see him run down plays from behind and you'll see him remain in his gap and keep his gap responsibility. He looks like he caused fits for some college tackles because he is a little bowling ball at DE, he has the strength and natural leverage to just barrel into a tackle and knock them off balance and he has the speed and agility to beat them to the edge.

I think Everson Griffen would be a nice fit for the Eagles, skill wise and personality wise.

brat316
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Could he be a Reggie White? Gets old moves inside. Actually wait, Mario Williams, he is the closest thing to Reggie.

Thumper
02-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Could he be a Reggie White? Gets old moves inside. Actually wait, Mario Williams, he is the closest thing to Reggie.

No and No. Everson Griffen isn't close to Reggie White, imagine a bigger, stronger and slightly slower Dwight Freeney when you think of what Griffen can be. And Mario Williams isn't the next Reggie White, Reggie White is in a class of his own.

Morton
02-15-2010, 11:14 PM
After watching film of all of the DE prospects in this year's draft, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that Brandon Graham is the most impressive, in my opinion.

He could very well be the next Dwight Freeney in the NFL. If he puts up very solid numbers in the combine (i.e. sub 4.6 40), it would be a grievous mistake for the Eagles to pass on him @ 24, imho.

Then again, if he wrecks the Combine, the Patriots will most likely grab him before he drops to the 24th pick.

Thumper
02-15-2010, 11:32 PM
After watching film of all of the DE prospects in this year's draft, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that Brandon Graham is the most impressive, in my opinion.

He could very well be the next Dwight Freeney in the NFL. If he puts up very solid numbers in the combine (i.e. sub 4.6 40), it would be a grievous mistake for the Eagles to pass on him @ 24, imho.

Then again, if he wrecks the Combine, the Patriots will most likely grab him before he drops to the 24th pick.

I completely agree with everything in this post

Brandon Graham will go MUCH higher than people expect IMO and if the Eagles somehow get him in the 20s it will be a huge mistake for just about every team that passed on him.

brat316
02-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I just think he doesn't have the height requirement you look for in your first round DE.

As for Griffen, he is no Freeny. He has a nice spin move, and does a good job of using his hand and other moves, get good burst of the line as well. One thing, he does not look good rushing the passer standing up.

If he still played at 260, he could probably run at 4.5, 4.49.

Morton
02-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Who cares about height for DEs nowadays? If anything, guys like James Harrison, Dwight Freeney, and Elvis Dumervil have shown us that 6'0" DEs can sometimes be MORE effective than taller ones, because the combination of their shortness and bulk allows them to get better leverage on bigger tackles.

I'm going to go ahead and say it right now: *If* Brandon Graham posts a sub 4.6 40 at the Combine, he will become the same caliber of player as Dwight Freeney in the NFL, and will post double-digit sack numbers for YEARS to come. I will guarantee that he becomes a Pro Bowl DE, barring some catastrophic injury or something.

Havok69
02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Here's my first Eagles mock for 2010...

1. Greg Hardy, DE - Old Miss :
Hardy could start from day 1. He's an elite pass rusher with great size (almost 6’4, 280) to put on the left side opposite Cole. Without his history of injury, Hardy would likely be a top 10 pick. And with the Eagles, character is a non-issue, so any of those rumblings about off field problems are pretty much irrelevant. The concerns are most likely overblown anyway. Being young and a football star can make guys act stupid sometimes. It's not like Hardy is a cold blooded torturer, but I digress.

The much bigger concern with Hardy is injury, but at pick 24 and with the Eagles overall situation at DE, it's worth it. While he's talented enough to start right away, he can be worked into the rotation, allowing his body to take less of a pounding early on while giving him a chance to work with an NFL training staff to build up and strengthen his frame. Parker and/or Abiamiri can play on 1st and 2nd down and short yardage and Hardy can come in and pin his ears back on 3rd down and/or long yardage. After Hardy develops into a more complete NLF player and proves he can stay healthy, he can be an every down force full time on the left side for a long time.

The Eagles also could look at CB or S here, but DE is a need at a premium position and must be addressed ASAP. Conversely, S is not, and while it is a major need, luckily for the Eagles, S is one of the deepest positions in the 2010 draft.

2. Kareem Jackson, CB - Alabama :
Sheldon is starting to show his age, and with his contract issues/whining, it's time to think about the future. The Eagles have always looked ahead, and taking a corner early here actually parallels their approach when Sheldon himself was drafted. Samuel is great, but he's also 30, and Hanson is best suited in a nickel role. With Hobbs likely gone and nothing else on the roster worth noting, CB is actually a pretty big need.

Jackson was a 3 year starter at 2010 National Champion Alabama, and is known for effective man coverage, important in the Eagles blitzing scheme. He can come in and learn from some great players, allowing him to take over Sheldon's role as a starter possibly as early as oh'11.

3. Myron Rolle, S - Florida State :
In a deep S class, the Eagles can and should hold off until the 3rd round to address this major need. DE and CB are just premium positions that need to be addressed first, while S can wait. In this class, even waiting til the 3rd can still land them a stud, which it does here. Rolle is good enough to play right away, and there's no question he'll be able to learn the playbook and every scheme they throw at him. He's smarter than anyone on the coaching staff as it is.

He will be a leader and the cliched "coach on the field" and he will bring size (almost 6’2, 220) and athleticism as well. Rolle will most likely play SS, and the Eagles should have no problem moving Quintin Mikell over to FS. They can then let Macho take a seat and learn how to play FS behind Mikell for another couple years. Demps can take his ass to the curb.

3. Joique Bell, RB - Wayne St:
Small school prospect who can do it all. Good size at 5’11, 225, can run inside as well as catch passes (he apparently caught a lot of screens in school, which is a huge plus for the Eagles). Would be a great prospect to develop alongside McCoy.

The 3rd round is probably a little high for a guy out of such a low level program, but his skill set and potential make him a good value at the end of the 3rd, especially for a team that desperately needs another top back (whether BWest is back or not in ’10) to pair with McCoy.

4. AJ Edds, SLB – Iowa:
Former TE knows how to cover on the strong side. Great size at 6’4, 245, underrated athleticism, and a smart player. Hopefully makes everyone forget the last Iowa LB the Eagles drafted.

Edds' draft position is going to hinge on how he measures out at the Combine. If he can show he can run and displays some athleticism, Edds might not even be available at this point in the 4th.

4. Jarrett Brown, QB - West Virginia:
Only a 1 year starter, but Brown showed great athleticism and a good arm at the Senior Bowl. He is worth taking a shot on as a developmental prospect and someone who can contribute possibly in the Wildcat role down the road.

Brown's rawness means he should probably be drafted later, but the Eagles have no 5th round pick and if they like a guy, they need to make sure they get him. And a QB to develop is a big need, regardless of how the McNabb/Kolb/Vick issue plays out.

6. Chris Scott, OT - Tennessee:
Big (6’5, 330) LT prospect could challenge Dunlap for a roster spot.

7. (proj. comp) AJ Wallace, CB - Penn State:
More depth for the Secondary. Wallace has good size (6’, 195) and can return kicks.

7. (proj. comp) Erik Cook, C - New Mexico:
Versatile lineman that Reid likes.

brat316
02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Uh Hardy probably will go in the second, and Edds in the 3rd. He is really moving up boards.

Most of those guys you mentioned play in the 3-4 as Olb. So B. Graham would be an excellent first as 3-4 olb, and I think a 3-4 team is going to draft him.

Havok69
02-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Uh Hardy probably will go in the second, and Edds in the 3rd. He is really moving up boards.

Most of those guys you mentioned play in the 3-4 as Olb. So B. Graham would be an excellent first as 3-4 olb, and I think a 3-4 team is going to draft him.

Uh, Hardy won't go in the 2nd if the Eagles take him at 24. Uh, LOL at know everything douches. But thanks for your well reasonsed feedback.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Hardy won't go in the first. Too inconsistent and injury problems will scare teams off.

brat316
02-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Uh, Hardy won't go in the 2nd if the Eagles take him at 24. Uh, LOL at know everything douches. But thanks for your well reasonsed feedback.

why would they take him at 24? He is to injury prone to be picked that high and there are other DE who you could take there. Brandon Graham will end up going before him. His motor runs hot and cold.

superman8456
02-16-2010, 05:40 PM
If you're the Eagles, you don't keep your 1st round pick this year. There's not really any value there for us. I doubt Brandon Graham, Everson Griffin, or Earl Thomas last until our pick.

brat316
02-16-2010, 06:25 PM
For the Eagles rather move up and grab someone, they have been dropping back for a few years now, time to step up and grab a dynamic player.

superman8456
02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
If we trade back and have two 2nd rounders this is how I would want it to play out:

2a) Nate Allen, S, USF
2b) Kareem Jackson/Donovan Warren/Dominique Franks, whichever is available
3a) Austen Lane/Lindsey Witten,whichever is available, preferably Lane
3b) Jon Jerry, OG, Ole Miss
4a) LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
4b) Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame
6a) Rodderick Muckleroy/Perry Riley, OLB
6b) Carlton Mithchell, WR, USF

Havok69
02-17-2010, 08:29 AM
why would they take him at 24? He is to injury prone to be picked that high and there are other DE who you could take there. Brandon Graham will end up going before him. His motor runs hot and cold.

I would love Graham, and I should have said this in my write-up, but Hardy is the pick assuming Graham is off the board.

Knowing what a huge need DE is, do you Hardy haters take Dunlap if he's there over Hardy? Griffin? Or are you all just "1st round Safeteyzzz" people?

I'm definitely on board with moving back, though.

brat316
02-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Yes to Griffen, really are you kidding me you would take Hardy over Griffen.

If Dunlap is there, he is just horrible, and move on to a different position. Dunlap is just another bust DE Gator waiting to happen. He doesn't play with that so called speed, he does have any pass rush moves, and his sacks come off over coverage.

I know Andy is not big on it, but 1st round RB maybe? No one know what the Eagles are going to do and this year could be a big surprise. I still think Dwyer will end up going somewhere need the bottom of the first, he is gonna rise in the coming months.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Eagles won't use a first on RB after spending a 2nd on McCoy last year. We'll probably use a mid round pick on a power back. As for DE I'd take Griffen. I don't want anything to do with Dunlap and Hardy isn't a first round pick. I don't see any reason for us trading down considering the amount of picks we already have. If anything I think we could see the Eagles trade up in the first.

Morton
02-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Running back is an overrated position. You can get solid production out of almost any running back given a good offensive line. Andy knows this, and would rather spend high picks on offensive lineman than running backs. Not only that, but in today's modern passing game, a true between-the-tackles running back has become less and less of an important asset.

The running backs from the past 10 years that I would be willing to spend a first round draft pick on (if I were a GM) I can count on one hand: LaDanian Tomlinson, Chris Johnson, Brian Westbrook, Adrian Peterson... And that doesn't take into account all of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks that have really contributed over the years.

There's only one running back in this year's class that might be worthy of a first round pick and that's CJ Spiller, who will probably be gone long before pick #24.

brat316
02-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Well that in between the tackles rb, would sure be help full, when in the redzone and your passing space is limited.

superman8456
02-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Well that in between the tackles rb, would sure be help full, when in the redzone and your passing space is limited.

This. Or a tall WR.

Morton
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
The point is - you don't have to blow a first round pick on running back. More than any other skill position, running backs are mostly interchangeable. You can get adequate red zone performance from any number of backs in the later rounds.

Not to mention that the real problem in the red zone for the Eagles this year was the offensive line, and not the running back. Once they stabilize the offensive line, and resign FB Leonard Weaver, either McCoy or any big 3rd round / 4th round back should be able to easily pick up those yards.

Thumper
02-18-2010, 11:29 PM
The point is - you don't have to blow a first round pick on running back. More than any other skill position, running backs are mostly interchangeable. You can get adequate red zone performance from any number of backs in the later rounds.

Not to mention that the real problem in the red zone for the Eagles this year was the offensive line, and not the running back. Once they stabilize the offensive line, and resign FB Leonard Weaver, either McCoy or any big 3rd round / 4th round back should be able to easily pick up those yards.

I don't agree with your point that runners are interchangeable and you can get a runner in the late rounds, and here is why:
Of the top 32 rushers in the NFL this season, 16 of them were 1st rounders, 4 were 2nd round picks, 3 were third round picks, 2 were 4th round picks, 2 were 5th round picks, none were 6th round picks, 1 was a 7th round pick and 4 were UFAs. Yeah not exactly what you're trying to depict.

But I do agree with you when you say the Eagles shouldn't waste a first round pick on a RB especially when the new starter is already in place (SHADY). Like you said if the Eagles feel as if they really need a power back there are a multitude of them available in the third and fourth rounds.

But I think a common misconception in this thread is that size=redzone success, which simply isn't true, we all saw what Hank Baskett did with his frame, absolutely nothing. And guys who are effective in the redzone are guys like Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Greg Jennings and at one point Laverneus Coles was fairly effective as well. What matters in the redzone is precision and execution, not power and size and I think part of the redzone woes is Donovan McNabb who as well all know isn't the most accurate guy and he struggles when the field is compacted the way it is in the redzone. Plus if anyone knew how effective execution and precision was in the redzone I would think Eagles fans would know after watching Brian Westbrook be a redzone beast for years and years and we all know he isn't a 6' tall 230 pound bruiser. LeSean McCoy does the same things Westbrook does and when he develops further I would expect to see McCoy used in many of the same ways Westbrook was, which should help redzone issues. Also I hate to turn this into a look at Kolb post, but while he doesn't have a McNabb style arm what he does have is accuracy and precision and former Eagles coach John Harbaugh noticed this when he called Kolb unstoppable in the redzone when he went against him in practice.

Morton
02-19-2010, 03:05 PM
What was the source of that Harbaugh quote about getting killed in the red zone, anyway?

When did Kolb practice against the Ravens? Am I missing something here?

Thumper
02-19-2010, 03:06 PM
What was the source of that Harbaugh quote about getting killed in the red zone, anyway?

When did Kolb practice against the Ravens? Am I missing something here?

Haurbaugh was the defensive backs coach of the Eagles and the source was Harbaugh himself he said it at a press conference.

eagles6606
02-20-2010, 10:41 PM
If you're the Eagles, you don't keep your 1st round pick this year. There's not really any value there for us. I doubt Brandon Graham, Everson Griffin, or Earl Thomas last until our pick.

There is huge value for the Eagles first round pick. I think that we will look to trade up, not down. Defensive End and Safety are the Eagles top two needs and it is a strength of the draft. I think we will target a player and go get him.

Thumper
02-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Trading up will not happen. The Eagles aren't stupid, this year is probably the last draft where rookies get free reign on the money they get and I doubt the Eagles will want to be one of the teams that will be paying one of the last huge rookie contracts.

Trade up a couple spots? Maybe but there is no way possible in my mind that the Eagles will trade into the top 16 to grab a player.

superman8456
02-21-2010, 09:54 AM
What player would we trade up for? I don't see the point in trying to trade up for some of these DE's and S's. I would be so pissed if we traded up to get a Taylor Mays.

camp_eagles
02-21-2010, 10:07 AM
What player would we trade up for? I don't see the point in trying to trade up for some of these DE's and S's. I would be so pissed if we traded up to get a Taylor Mays.

did anyone expect Maclin to fall last year. If a good player is there move up.

superman8456
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
did anyone expect Maclin to fall last year. If a good player is there move up.

Yes, but what I am saying is this: What good player that could help this team has the chance to fall to us?

brat316
02-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Earl Thomas, McClain, Morgan, Kindle, Griffen, Haden, last year they moved up 10 spots and didn't cost them and insane amount.

Thumper
02-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Earl Thomas, McClain, Morgan, Kindle, Griffen, Haden, last year they moved up 10 spots and didn't cost them and insane amount.

they? Are you referring to the Eagles? Because they moved up 2 spots, not 10.

Earl Thomas will be available for the Eagles, McClain isn't needed because of Stewart Bradley, Sergio Kindle will be there for the Eagles and so will Everson Griffen. Joe Haden is a top 10 prospect and Derrick Morgan would have to suck at the combine to fall far enough for the Eagles to trade up.

brat316
02-21-2010, 02:32 PM
they? Are you referring to the Eagles? Because they moved up 2 spots, not 10.

Earl Thomas will be available for the Eagles, McClain isn't needed because of Stewart Bradley, Sergio Kindle will be there for the Eagles and so will Everson Griffen. Joe Haden is a top 10 prospect and Derrick Morgan would have to suck at the combine to fall far enough for the Eagles to trade up.

hey man crazy things can happen, I thought the Eagles were at 28.

camp_eagles
02-22-2010, 12:19 PM
hey man crazy things can happen, I thought the Eagles were at 28.

No the 28th was traded for Peters

cunningham06
02-22-2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2MOiEnnF8

The only player I would trade up for is The Eric Berry. Eric Berrrrrrrryyy very scarrrrryyy.

Thumper
02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah that is the only guy I would even want the Eagles to move up for.

Since a signing of Julius Peppers appears like it has a good chance of happening, my latest mock has been thrown out the window. If the Eagles sign Julius Peppers my mock for the first three rounds would look like this:
1- Earl Thomas FS Texas
-I kind of feel like I need to explain this one, yeah he has tackling issues and is weak in run support, but the guy is a playmaker that much is clear, he has good hands and he has the ability to read a QB's eyes. That and he can double as a CB and he can match up with anyone in man to man coverage so he allows the defense to do more stuff than they normally would.
2- Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
3 (Seattle)- AJ Edds LB Iowa
3- Larry Asante S Nebraska

Go_Eagles77
02-23-2010, 07:12 PM
2 safeties? I'd much rather grab a RB in the 3rd.

superman8456
02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
What are the odds we could go:

1) Earl Thomas, S, Texas
2) Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
3) Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State or Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest

brat316
02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I think if the Eagles move up in the second then Pouncey would be there. Its hard to find a center with his size and he could play guard.

Brothgar
02-24-2010, 07:43 PM
24. Philadelphia Eagles - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
56. Philadelphia Eagles - Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
69. Philadelphia Eagles (f/SEA) - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
87. Philadelphia Eagles - D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech
119. Philadelphia Eagles - LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
136. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
159. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NO) - Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
168. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Brandon Banks, RS, Kansas State
190. Philadelphia Eagles (f/IND) - T.J. Ward, S, Oregon

Final draft.

Did I Win?

Morton
02-24-2010, 09:27 PM

Final draft.

Did I Win?

Eagles will never draft a linebacker in the first round, nor should they. The position is just not important enough to warrant a first round pick.

Havok69
02-25-2010, 03:37 PM

Final draft.

Did I Win?

I won't say moronically douchey things like this guy Morty, but Win? No.

No DE? No Safety until the very last pick? A LB who isn't suited for the strong side? Not feeling it.

camp_eagles
02-25-2010, 03:48 PM

Final draft.

Did I Win?

Im not liking DT in the 3rd way too early for someone who will only compete for the last DT spot.

Go_Eagles77
02-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Here's my latest mock (with a couple FA signings)

- Sign Aaron Kampman and Antrel Rolle in Free Agency. - Fills our 2 biggest needs and allows us to draft more for the future rather than putting us in position to have to rely on rookies.
- Trade Michael Vick to Buffalo for their 4th round pick. - We ship Michael Vick off rather than Donovan in hopes that McNabb might have 1 final run in him. It's his last chance though because his contract is up in a year.

Draft

Round 1 - Sergio Kindle LB/DE Texas - With LDE and FS filled we can now make a bit of a luxury pick. Kindle can play a similar role as his former teammate Brian Orakpo did for the skins that earned him a pro bowl bid. Kindle can play SLB on first and second downs and then line up at DE on 3rd downs with Kampman moving inside. He actually makes more sense as a LB in the 4-3 than Orakpo did.

Round 2 - Donovan Warren CB Michigan - Sheldon Brown is getting up there in age and the eagles look for his future replacement in the same round they stole Brown. Warren was once hyped as a 1st round pick but with other guys like Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty flying up draft boards Warren should be around when the eagles pick in the 2nd. Warren is a solid all around corner that doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but also may not have the star potential of some others.

Round 3a - Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee - With the sudden departure of Brian Westbrook and the 2nd best true halfback on the eagles being Eldra Buckley, it is pretty obvious the eagles will look for a RB fairly early. Hardesty reminds me a lot of a young Correll Buckhalter in that he has good size, runs hard, and is sneaky fast. I think he's good enough to not only be a backup, but will get a pretty solid workload and form a nice 1-2 punch with McCoy, with Weaver being the lead blocker and occasional ball carrier.

Round 3b - Lindsey Witten DE Connecticut - Kampman is great, but he's not exactly a spring chicken. The eagles still need to look to the future at the position and Witten definitely has the ability to be a starter. Could contribute as a rookie in a rotational role, but don't be surprised if this guy is the starter at LDE in a couple years.

Round 4a - Danario Alexander WR Missouri - This guy was getting hyped as a 2nd or even 1st round pick by some people, but I don't see it. He is extremely raw, has pretty average speed and doesn't really know how to run many routes. With our WRs, we can take a risk because he does have a lot of upside. At 6'5, he may finally give the eagles a receiving threat at WR in the redzone. Look for Cornelius Ingram to help there too.

Round 4b - Mike Johnson OG Alabama - The eagles currently have a lot of uncertainty at O-Line. Between Jamaal Jackson and Stacy Andrews' physical health and Shawn Andrews' mental health, the eagles will be looking to pick up some insurance. Johnson is very versatile and can play both guard positions and right tackle in a pinch. May have some starting potential on the inside as well.

Round 4c - Jarrett Brown QB West Virginia - I've had this pick in all of my mock drafts for a reason. The pick makes a lot of sense to me in that they will be looking to not only replace Michael Vick on the depth chart, they will be looking for a future number 2 to Kevin Kolb. Brown fits the offense like a glove and although he doesn't have a lot of experience, he's one of the better developmental guys in the draft.

Round 6 - Michael Hoomanawanui TE Illinois - If Cornelius Ingram can stay healthy the eagles could potentially have one of the better TE duos in the league, but they could use that guy that is like an extra O-Lineman at the TE position. Won't provide much in the receiving game but with Celek, Ingram, and all our WRs, we don't really need another weapon. Also, his name is sure to make him a fan favorite.

Final 53 man roster

Offense (25)
QB - Donovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb, Jarrett Brown (3)
HB - LeSean McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Eldra Buckley (3)
FB - Leonard Weaver (1)
WR - DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, Kevin Curtis, Danario Alexander (5)
TE - Brent Celek, Cornelius Ingram, Michael Hoomanawanui (3)
LT - Jason Peters, King Dunlap (2)
LG - Todd Herremans, Mike Johnson (2)
C - Jamaal Jackson, Nick Cole (2)
RG - Stacy Andrews, Max Jean-Gilles (2)
RT - Winston Justice, Shawn Andrews (2)

Defense (25)
RDE - Trent Cole, Lindsey Witten, Darren Howard (3)
RDT - Brodrick Bunkley, Antonio Dixon (2)
LDT - Mike Patterson, Trevor Laws (2)
LDE - Aaron Kampman, Juqua Parker, Victor Abiamiri (3)
WLB - Will Witherspoon, Tracy White (2)
MLB - Stewart Bradley, Akeem Jordan (2)
SLB - Sergio Kindle, Moise Fokou (2)
LCB - Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Joselio Hanson (3)
FS - Antrel Rolle, Macho Harris (2)
SS - Quintin Mikell, Quintin Demps (2)
RCB - Sheldon Brown, Donovan Warren (2)

Special Teams (3)
K - David Akers (1)
P - Sav Rocca (1)
LS - Jon Dorenbos (1)

Free Agent Signing
Draft Pick

Brothgar
02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I won't say moronically douchey things like this guy Morty, but Win? No.

No DE? No Safety until the very last pick? A LB who isn't suited for the strong side? Not feeling it.

I did address those positins but failed to post

56. Philadelphia Eagles - Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech

I should have addressed each a round sooner but weatherspoon has too much value.

superman8456
02-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Danario Alexander tore some ligaments in his knee and he won't be able to perform at the combine, nor Mizzou's proday so I think he is going to fall a little bit.

I'm also going to pass on Sergio Kindle. I think we take away his best asset (rushing the passer) by putting him at SLB in our defense. He plays fairly well in space, but I'm not sure just how excited I am about him covering Witten, Cooley, Boss, etc.

I'd rather us beef up our dline so we can get a solid pass rush with just 4 guys.

brat316
02-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Hei is going to fall out of the draft with bum knees like those.

WaitingForSomeday
02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Ideally, with McNabb going to ARZ/MIN and Vick to STL/BUF/OAK;

1A: E.Thomas FS
1B (McNabb): B.Graham LDE
2: M.Burnett SS
3A (SEA): B.Ghee CB
3B+4A (Vick): AJ.Edds SAM
3C (McNabb): M.Hardesty RB
4B: S.Canfield QB
4C (NYJ): M.Johnson MIKE

C.Gocong and T.Laws are also trade bait, which may allow some jockeying if need be.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Ideally, McNabb stays in Philly.

superman8456
02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Ideally, McNabb stays in Philly.

No doubt in my mind he is staying now. I believe they are going to try and make one more run at a SB, and if we fall short we cut ties. Simple as that.

WaitingForSomeday
02-27-2010, 02:49 PM
No doubt in my mind he is staying now. I believe they are going to try and make one more run at a SB, and if we fall short we cut ties. Simple as that.

The defense won't be SB calibre in 2010. Rebuild the D, get Kolb experience, and become a serious contender in 2011+.

Morton
02-27-2010, 03:13 PM
The defense won't be SB calibre in 2010. Rebuild the D, get Kolb experience, and become a serious contender in 2011+.

If they sign a guy like Peppers or Kampmann in free agency, and Bradley comes back and plays close to 85%-90% or so, and they draft an impact safety, it could realistically be a top 5 defense again.

WaitingForSomeday
02-27-2010, 03:42 PM
If they sign a guy like Peppers or Kampmann in free agency, and Bradley comes back and plays close to 85%-90% or so, and they draft an impact safety, it could realistically be a top 5 defense again.

If #1, Peppers: I have less confidence than you, that the FO has the willingness to sign 30+ year player to a MEGA deal.

If #2, Kampmann: Much more realistic, but again a 30+ player coming off a ACL... I'm in favor of this, but I'm not expecting slam dunk results.

If #3, Bradley: He will certainly help, and I hear he's rehabbing well.

If #4, Rookies: Unless you're talking about EB, making assumptions about rookie contributions is dangerous.

Okay, now put all of the IFs together and you might have a top-5 defense... but you're also talking about the same team that got abused by NYG, DAL and made the WAS offense look competant. Improvement shouldn't be hard; but to transform into a dominant defense - that's something else IMO.

Morton
02-27-2010, 05:21 PM
If #1, Peppers: I have less confidence than you, that the FO has the willingness to sign 30+ year player to a MEGA deal.

If #2, Kampmann: Much more realistic, but again a 30+ player coming off a ACL... I'm in favor of this, but I'm not expecting slam dunk results.

If #3, Bradley: He will certainly help, and I hear he's rehabbing well.

If #4, Rookies: Unless you're talking about EB, making assumptions about rookie contributions is dangerous.

Okay, now put all of the IFs together and you might have a top-5 defense... but you're also talking about the same team that got abused by NYG, DAL and made the WAS offense look competant. Improvement shouldn't be hard; but to transform into a dominant defense - that's something else IMO.

They were only one season removed from being a dominant defense - in 2008 they had the #3 defense in the league. The 2009 defense wasn't much different, maybe minus Bradley, minus Dawk, and minus JJ.

All it takes is a few tweaks and the addition of an impact player or two. Bradley comes back, you have to find a playmaker to offset the loss of Dawk, whether that's at safety or elsewhere. And remember that the DC, McDermott, was thrust into the position abruptly. Next year he'll have a much better handle on the situation, and will have the opportunity to draft "his" guys.

I'm not guaranteeing that the defense WILL be elite next year, but it's WELL within the realm of possibility, and really wouldn't take that much to accomplish. It's not like we're trying to turn around the Lions defense or anything.

WaitingForSomeday
02-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm not guaranteeing that the defense WILL be elite next year, but it's WELL within the realm of possibility, and really wouldn't take that much to accomplish. It's not like we're trying to turn around the Lions defense or anything.

Okay, tweak here - tweak there. Top 5 defense once again, and this time McNabb will have the answers. SB or bust.

Whether McNabb remains the QB or AR moves forward with Kolb, doesn't really affect my outlook for the draft. I see McNabb being worth a late 1st and 3rd - while Kolb is worth an early 2nd and 3rd. The FO would have the ability to target the same positions/players I mentioned.

Whether McNabb or Kolb is the QB in the upcoming season doesn't really affect my expectations on how I feel the team will perform. In either case, I think the team will be in playoff contention. The difference is - in the out years I rather have a QB in his prime while the young talent on offense/defense is peaking. This is my opinion and I don't expect to change any minds at this point. The McNabb/Kolb debate has been going on for sometime, and the camps have been rather polarized. We'll see what happens, and hope for the best.

superman8456
02-27-2010, 08:30 PM
My boy, Clifton Geathers, just measured out 38 inch arms and weighed in at 299 lbs. I'm excited to see what his 40 and cone drill times are, to see how nimble and fast he is at that weight. I know some of you guys are opposed to drafting him because of how occasionally our DE's drop back in coverage. Typical project player.

I've also became a fan of Tony Moeaki. Has good hands and is a good in line blocker. Has 4.7 speed and is an alright athlete.

superman8456
02-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Sorry wrong place.

Morton
02-27-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't like Sproles at all.

He sounds dumb in interviews and he's basically a freakin' midget.

We need a BIG back, not another little one.

camp_eagles
02-28-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't like Sproles at all.

He sounds dumb in interviews and he's basically a freakin' midget.

We need a BIG back, not another little one.

And Bunkley's a Rhodes Scholar. What does interview presentation have to do with being a good football player? also 4th in KO return yards this past year I will take him any day.

Go_Eagles77
03-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Right now the top 4 guys I want that have a reasonable chance to be there are Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson. I'd be very happy with any one of them.

Morton
03-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Right now the top 4 guys I want that have a reasonable chance to be there are Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson. I'd be very happy with any one of them.

That'd be great, but I guarantee you that Reid will do something dumb like reach for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or John Jerry in the first round, or trade down for some project player. Or worse yet, draft some surefire bust like Carlos Dunlap.

I can feel it coming.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 11:19 PM
That'd be great, but I guarantee you that Reid will do something dumb like reach for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or John Jerry in the first round, or trade down for some project player. Or worse yet, draft some surefire bust like Carlos Dunlap.

I can feel it coming.

Reid doesn't reach for O-linemen, so you don't have to worry about that. The linemen he has taken high have been at good value as they were perceived as prospects, and for the most part, worked out well. Reid as a whole has been a pretty good drafter, minus the busts like FredEx and Stinkston, as well as some other, but as whole the Eagles have had one of the better draft track records since Reid has been in charge.

brat316
03-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Reid good GM, okay coach.

camp_eagles
03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
If Rolando McClain is available at 24 which he might be since it was leaked that he has crones disease would you take him even if Griffin or another end is available? I would, I watched alot of Bama football over the last 3 years and he is one of the better LB's Ive seen in college.

Thumper
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
If Rolando McClain is available at 24 which he might be since it was leaked that he has crones disease would you take him even if Griffin or another end is available? I would, I watched alot of Bama football over the last 3 years and he is one of the better LB's Ive seen in college.

I was just thinking this yesterday. Can the Eagles justify passing on him? I don't know if they can if they're choosing between him and Griffen. The Eagles would be staring at the best college LB in the past few drafts and they would have to take him. He is the prototype MLB and quite frankly if it means Stewart Bradley moves back to SLB then make it happen because McClain would give Andy Reid the first elite linebacker of his head coaching career, against the run he is like Trot, rushing the passer he is just like Trot but he is actually infinitely better in coverage than Trot.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-11-2010, 04:22 PM
McClain won't fall, and if by some chance he does it won't be because he has Crohns.

cunningham06
03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
We'll see what 40 time he runs at his pro day. If he's slower than anticipated it's a possibility. Crazier things have happened.

So the group of players I don't mind us drafting:
Rolo McLain
Sergio Kindle
Earl Thomas
Brandon Graham

Thumper
03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Right now I'm really hoping the Eagles upgrade the secondary, I absolutely love Devin McCourty, Kareem Jackson and Kyle Wilson and I really hope the Eagles snatch one of them up.

Also with Jonathan Dwyer's stock falling I really hope the Eagles take a flier on him in the third rounds, his offensive scheme isn't really a big deal, LT played in the same offense at TCU. Here are the facts, he cuts through the front 7 like butter, his game speed is really good, he is a tank and is really tough to be brought down, he dishes out punishment, there is no wasted motion, runs straight forward and has an attacking style and his balance is incredible. This guy is the perfect complement to Shady. If the Eagles don't grab him, I hope they grab Montario Hardesty or Ben Tate.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Right now I'm really hoping the Eagles upgrade the secondary, I absolutely love Devin McCourty, Kareem Jackson and Kyle Wilson and I really hope the Eagles snatch one of them up.

Also with Jonathan Dwyer's stock falling I really hope the Eagles take a flier on him in the third rounds, his offensive scheme isn't really a big deal, LT played in the same offense at TCU. Here are the facts, he cuts through the front 7 like butter, his game speed is really good, he is a tank and is really tough to be brought down, he dishes out punishment, there is no wasted motion, runs straight forward and has an attacking style and his balance is incredible. This guy is the perfect complement to Shady. If the Eagles don't grab him, I hope they grab Montario Hardesty or Ben Tate.

I'm a fan of McCourty as well, he is the CB I want most if that is the route we go. I'd like Dwyewr too if he would be available in the third round, I see the Eagles picking a RB with their thrid or either 4th rounder, and Hardesty and Tate are two RBs I have liked for a while.

superman8456
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Anybody know anything about Wes Lyons from WVU?

6'8 WR...

Morton
03-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Right now, if Brandon Graham doesn't drop to #24, I'd be ecstatic with the following:

Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson in the 1st and Sean Lee or Navarro Bowman in the 2nd.

Sniper
03-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Anybody know anything about Wes Lyons from WVU?

6'8 WR...

He's not good.

eaglesalltheway
03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Right now, if Brandon Graham doesn't drop to #24, I'd be ecstatic with the following:

Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson in the 1st and Sean Lee or Navarro Bowman in the 2nd.

If Brandon Graham is gone, I'd love either Iupati or Pouncey, honestly. I don't think Thomas will make it to 24. I would love Bowman in the second, but I don't think he'll last that long, and I don't think the Eagles will take a LB that early anyway.

Morton
03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
If Brandon Graham is gone, I'd love either Iupati or Pouncey, honestly. I don't think Thomas will make it to 24. I would love Bowman in the second, but I don't think he'll last that long, and I don't think the Eagles will take a LB that early anyway.

They need quality depth in their back seven ALOT more than they need depth in their offensive line at this point.

Sheldon Brown or Asante Samuel are going to be 31 and 29, respectively, heading into 2010. The Eagles have practically zero quality depth behind them. Joselio Hanson is mediocre, Ellis Hobbs is a nickel back at best and may not even be with the team next year, and Dmitri Patterson hasn't proven anything.

If they can find a talented starter at either CB or S, especially a player like Thomas who can realistically play either position, they will be in much better shape going into 2010 and into the future. If they don't find some younger players in their secondary soon, they are really risking sending their season down the drain if Brown or Samuel suffer an untimely injury, or simply underperform due to age-related reasons. It will happen sooner than later. Cornerback is a position where young, fresh legs are a critical asset.

What makes me think that the Eagles will be more willing than you think to spend a high pick on cornerback/safety is that they've already been in this exact same situation before - in 2002 when they had Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor, both aging Pro Bowlers, they drafted Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown in the first and second rounds.

Go_Eagles77
03-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Here's my latest eagles mock.

1. Maurkice Pouncey C/OG Florida - Honestly, I was going to go with Kyle Wilson here, but I think the CB position is much deeper than the interior O-Line this year, and Pouncey will be able to anchor our O-Line for the next 10+ years. I don't expect Jamaal Jackson to be back healthy next year and he's going to be over 30 soon, so I expect this to be on the top of the eagles list.

2. Daryl Washington WLB TCU - Although I think he should go higher, whenever I do a mock I find that it's really hard to place him somewhere before the mid-late second, and I think he has a pretty good shot at lasting this long. He's that fast, playmaking LB that this defense has sorely needed

TRADE - Michael Vick to the Rams for a 3rd round pick.

3. Jerome Murphy CB South Florida - The eagles have a lot of small finesse corners and could use a big, physical presence at the CB position. Good depth for now and could be the eventual successor to Sheldon Brown.

3. Dexter McCluster RB/WR Ole Miss - Out of LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, and Leonard Weaver, 2 of our top 3 backs are power backs, so I doubt the eagles look at a Jonathan Dwyer or Ben Tate. Dexter McCluster has the ability to be what Lorenzo Booker was supposed to be, he can line up all over the field and just give the eagles another weapon to add to their arsenal.

3. Jason Worilds DE Virginia Tech - The eagles currently only have 4 DEs on their roster, so they are going to have to look to the draft to help get more components to their rotation. I love Tapp as the starter opposite Cole, but Worilds could find a nice niche as a situational pass rusher.

4. Myron Rolle SS Florida State - I think Macho Harris will improve and Marlin Jackson will be a solid starter when healthy, so safety isn't a huge need anymore, but they could use a physical in-the-box strong safety, because they really don't have any on the roster. Rolle will be an excellent special teamer and obviously has great character as well.

TRADE - Chris Gocong to the Browns for a 5th round pick.

5. Colin Peek TE Alabama - Brent Celek and a healthy Cornelius Ingram can form quite a TE tandem, but both are receiving specialists. Peek is one of the best blocking TEs in the draft and could help improve both the pass protection and run blocking.

6. Armanti Edwards QB/WR Appalachian State - The eagles add another versatile offensive weapon in Edwards. This would be a great pick IMO because he can not only be a backup WR he can also be the team's emergency third QB behind McNabb and Kolb, as well as contributing on trick plays a la Randle El on the steelers.

TRADE - Omar Gaither to the Lions for a 7th round pick.

7. Junior Galette DE Stillman - The eagles add yet another DE to the rotation in Galette. He's a pretty good pass rusher and although he's from small school the eagles love to try to find those late round gems so this makes sense.

TRADE - 2011 6th round pick to the Titans for 2010 7th round pick.

7. Sam Young OT Notre Dame - With the loss of Shawn Andrews, the eagles don't really have much if any depth at OT other than King Dunlap, who isn't exactly threatening for a starting position. Young could be a solid backup at RT behind Winston Justice.

Projected 53 Man Roster

QB - D. McNabb / K. Kolb / (A. Edwards)
HB - L. McCoy / M. Bell / D. McCluster
FB - L. Weaver
WR - J. Maclin / J. Avant / (D. McCluster)
WR - D. Jackson / H. Baskett / A. Edwards
TE - B. Celek / C. Ingram / C. Peek
LT - J. Peters / K. Dunlap
LG - T. Herremans / M. McGlynn
C - M. Pouncey / N.Cole
RG - S. Andrews / M. Jean-Gilles
RT - W. Justice / S. Young

DE - T. Cole / J. Worilds / J. Galette
DT - M. Patterson / T. Laws / (V. Abiamiri)
DT - B. Bunkley / A. Dixon
DE - D. Tapp / J. Parker / V. Abiamiri
WLB - D. Washington / A. Jordan
MLB - S. Bradley / J. Mays
SLB - M. Fokou / T. White
CB - A. Samuel / E. Hobbs / J. Hanson
FS - M. Jackson / M. Harris / Q. Demps
SS - Q. Mikell / M. Rolle
CB - S. Brown / J. Murphy

K - D. Akers
P - S. Rocca
LS - J. Dorenbos

frubulubu
03-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Mort is right on this one, they need D-backs. I wouldnt be surprise if they go CB in the first and second.

eaglesalltheway
03-19-2010, 10:32 PM
They need quality depth in their back seven ALOT more than they need depth in their offensive line at this point.

Sheldon Brown or Asante Samuel are going to be 31 and 29, respectively, heading into 2010. The Eagles have practically zero quality depth behind them. Joselio Hanson is mediocre, Ellis Hobbs is a nickel back at best and may not even be with the team next year, and Dmitri Patterson hasn't proven anything.

If they can find a talented starter at either CB or S, especially a player like Thomas who can realistically play either position, they will be in much better shape going into 2010 and into the future. If they don't find some younger players in their secondary soon, they are really risking sending their season down the drain if Brown or Samuel suffer an untimely injury, or simply underperform due to age-related reasons. It will happen sooner than later. Cornerback is a position where young, fresh legs are a critical asset.

What makes me think that the Eagles will be more willing than you think to spend a high pick on cornerback/safety is that they've already been in this exact same situation before - in 2002 when they had Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor, both aging Pro Bowlers, they drafted Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown in the first and second rounds.

I know the Eagles value the secondary, and a CB is definitely possible depending on the situation. I was talking about LBs, which history shows they don't value highly. CB is either drafted early or late. If the Eagles don't get a CB early, I expect they continue to follow the trend of developing 5th, 6th, or later type prospects.

frubulubu
03-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Taylor Swift is alright, but Beyonce has had one of the greatest videos of all time.

eaglesalltheway
03-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Haha. I just have a probably unhealthy obsession with her since she grew up close to where I live and I've met her. At the risk of losing my mancard, I know every song of hers... That bad. I'm not gonna lie though Beyonce is one of the hottest women on earth.

frubulubu
03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I'll take Taylor any day of the week over Beyonce, and im not even a Country music fan.

Go_Eagles77
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
More talk about Beyonce/Taylor Swift than my mock = fail lol.

frubulubu
03-20-2010, 11:24 AM
More talk about Beyonce/Taylor Swift than my mock = fail lol.

I think we (every man) would rather talk about hot babes any day over football mocks, lol. THE Pouncey pick is a good one and I could see that happening, due to the health and age of Jackson. Andy loves to have many O-D lineman and wouldnt be upset if they grab him. The Middle rounds is where Reid has done some gem finding. Cole and Celek both were drafted in the 5th. Ingram is another guy that was drafted in the 5th, Im thinking he will be nice, if he comes back healthy.

superman8456
03-20-2010, 12:15 PM
I hate Dexter McCluster...

superman8456
03-20-2010, 02:03 PM
I just thought of an interesting scenario. If Anthony Davis falls to us, which I doubt he will but he is falling, do we take him?

Thumper
03-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I just thought of an interesting scenario. If Anthony Davis falls to us, which I doubt he will but he is falling, do we take him?

Hell yes, put him at RG and boom, all-pro.

Thumper
03-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Here's my latest eagles mock.

1. Maurkice Pouncey C/OG Florida - Honestly, I was going to go with Kyle Wilson here, but I think the CB position is much deeper than the interior O-Line this year, and Pouncey will be able to anchor our O-Line for the next 10+ years. I don't expect Jamaal Jackson to be back healthy next year and he's going to be over 30 soon, so I expect this to be on the top of the eagles list.

2. Daryl Washington WLB TCU - Although I think he should go higher, whenever I do a mock I find that it's really hard to place him somewhere before the mid-late second, and I think he has a pretty good shot at lasting this long. He's that fast, playmaking LB that this defense has sorely needed

TRADE - Michael Vick to the Rams for a 3rd round pick.

3. Jerome Murphy CB South Florida - The eagles have a lot of small finesse corners and could use a big, physical presence at the CB position. Good depth for now and could be the eventual successor to Sheldon Brown.

3. Dexter McCluster RB/WR Ole Miss - Out of LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, and Leonard Weaver, 2 of our top 3 backs are power backs, so I doubt the eagles look at a Jonathan Dwyer or Ben Tate. Dexter McCluster has the ability to be what Lorenzo Booker was supposed to be, he can line up all over the field and just give the eagles another weapon to add to their arsenal.

3. Jason Worilds DE Virginia Tech - The eagles currently only have 4 DEs on their roster, so they are going to have to look to the draft to help get more components to their rotation. I love Tapp as the starter opposite Cole, but Worilds could find a nice niche as a situational pass rusher.

4. Myron Rolle SS Florida State - I think Macho Harris will improve and Marlin Jackson will be a solid starter when healthy, so safety isn't a huge need anymore, but they could use a physical in-the-box strong safety, because they really don't have any on the roster. Rolle will be an excellent special teamer and obviously has great character as well.

TRADE - Chris Gocong to the Browns for a 5th round pick.

5. Colin Peek TE Alabama - Brent Celek and a healthy Cornelius Ingram can form quite a TE tandem, but both are receiving specialists. Peek is one of the best blocking TEs in the draft and could help improve both the pass protection and run blocking.

6. Armanti Edwards QB/WR Appalachian State - The eagles add another versatile offensive weapon in Edwards. This would be a great pick IMO because he can not only be a backup WR he can also be the team's emergency third QB behind McNabb and Kolb, as well as contributing on trick plays a la Randle El on the steelers.

TRADE - Omar Gaither to the Lions for a 7th round pick.

7. Junior Galette DE Stillman - The eagles add yet another DE to the rotation in Galette. He's a pretty good pass rusher and although he's from small school the eagles love to try to find those late round gems so this makes sense.

TRADE - 2011 6th round pick to the Titans for 2010 7th round pick.

7. Sam Young OT Notre Dame - With the loss of Shawn Andrews, the eagles don't really have much if any depth at OT other than King Dunlap, who isn't exactly threatening for a starting position. Young could be a solid backup at RT behind Winston Justice.

Projected 53 Man Roster

QB - D. McNabb / K. Kolb / (A. Edwards)
HB - L. McCoy / M. Bell / D. McCluster
FB - L. Weaver
WR - J. Maclin / J. Avant / (D. McCluster)
WR - D. Jackson / H. Baskett / A. Edwards
TE - B. Celek / C. Ingram / C. Peek
LT - J. Peters / K. Dunlap
LG - T. Herremans / M. McGlynn
C - M. Pouncey / N.Cole
RG - S. Andrews / M. Jean-Gilles
RT - W. Justice / S. Young

DE - T. Cole / J. Worilds / J. Galette
DT - M. Patterson / T. Laws / (V. Abiamiri)
DT - B. Bunkley / A. Dixon
DE - D. Tapp / J. Parker / V. Abiamiri
WLB - D. Washington / A. Jordan
MLB - S. Bradley / J. Mays
SLB - M. Fokou / T. White
CB - A. Samuel / E. Hobbs / J. Hanson
FS - M. Jackson / M. Harris / Q. Demps
SS - Q. Mikell / M. Rolle
CB - S. Brown / J. Murphy

K - D. Akers
P - S. Rocca
LS - J. Dorenbos

I like it, I'm not jumping for joy but I definitely feel like this mock would improve the Eagles. McCluster and Edwards would put new life into the wildcat package thats for sure. And, I really like the Peek, Worilds and Pouncey picks. I'm not sold on Murphy and I'm not really sold on Rolle either however. I don't know what to make of Junior Galette but I do know that Sam Young is pretty terrible.

frubulubu
03-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Rolle, is a terrific young man. Scholar and great persona. He is better with academics than an anthlete. I dont believe Reid, drafts player in the 4th to become special team player.He is a guy I wouldnt mind drafting in the 6th.