PDA

View Full Version : David Tyree?

EdReedUnstoppable
09-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok 9 quick words to sum up my opinion on this....

What the **** are we looking at him for?

Much rather have Eron Riley, or Justin Harper on the 53 than David Tyree who couldn't beat out the rookies and assorted nothings that are the Giants WR core.

coordinator0
09-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure we really are looking at him. All I've heard is that he and his agent are interested and they hope the Ravens would be one of the team interested. We really don't need him though, Harper would be much better.

On a side note, Lorenzo Neal said he is interested in returning to the Ravens.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, just saw that the Ravens worked him out. We also worked out some other guys but I didn't see their names mentioned. Ugh, if we do end up signing him hopefully he turns out like the Washington signing did.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Ok 9 quick words to sum up my opinion on this....

What the **** are we looking at him for?

Much rather have Eron Riley, or Justin Harper on the 53 than David Tyree who couldn't beat out the rookies and assorted nothings that are the Giants WR core.

100% agreed. I feel like if Tyree never made that catch in the Super Bowl, they would've never looked at him. He's done nothing as a receiver but a key thing is that he was a great special teamer a while ago, and we all know Coach Harbaugh has a hard on for good special team players.

America
09-09-2009, 12:12 AM
We need Neal Back. When will the coaching staff realize. He's better than Parmele and Lawrence.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-09-2009, 12:25 AM
I think the biggest mistake of this offseason, other than still having Frank Walker on the Ravens, was not re-signing Lorenzo Neal......Ozzie do the right thing, and give Lo a 1 yr deal NOW! I'll forgive you for picking Paul Kruger if you sign Lorenzo Neal.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I like Kruger!!!!!

dcarey20
09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I like Kruger!!!!!

Word. I loved the Kruger pick.

As for Tyree, if he can make the Giants roster I really have no huge desire for him here.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Agree to disagree on Paul Kruger I guess.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Kruger has a great motor, his pass rush that isn't as fast and Demarcus Ware or as strong as Mario Williams, but it never slows down, never stops. He's just going to keep getting better and better, I like his future.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Kruger has a great motor, his pass rush that isn't as fast and Demarcus Ware or as strong as Mario Williams, but it never slows down, never stops. He's just going to keep getting better and better, I like his future.

I hate his future, he has basically zero potential, he's too small for DE for us and couldn't support putting on more weight. He's too slow for LB for us. Yeah he has a great motor but he will continue to get easily dominated by OTs in this league because he's small, slow, and weak......a very bad trio.

coordinator0
09-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I hate his future, he has basically zero potential, he's too small for DE for us and couldn't support putting on more weight. He's too slow for LB for us. Yeah he has a great motor but he will continue to get easily dominated by OTs in this league because he's small, slow, and weak......a very bad trio.

Nobody is too slow for a LB for us if Jarret Johnson starts. He's not really slow either... just not fast.

Rosebud
09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
You guys might just be looking for him as a Special Teams guy, I wanted the giants to keep him just for that purpose, he's a great gunner. I say that fully appreciating the silliness of the statement, but even with a great punter like feagles our punt coverage isn't the same without tyree to down every damn punt inside the 20.