PDA

View Full Version : Defensive MVP Predictions?

Xiomera
09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Who will be the Lions Defensive MVP in 2009?

WMD
09-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I'll go with Julian Peterson. He's our most talented player on D.. and considering Gunther wants to blitz a lot, I assume Peterson will be the main beneficiary. This should result in lots of sacks... hopefully.

ironman4579
09-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Like the other poll, I seem to be with WMD on this one. Peterson is probably our most talented player on defense, and he's been our best player on defense in the preseason. In a few years, it may be Delmas, but right now Peterson has the best shot to be a difference maker.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
09-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Foote, just see his leadership coming through, tons of tackles with a D that funnels things to the middle with Sims and Peterson on the outside

Prowler
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
delmas. whatever plays happen in our secondary will be made by him.

Calvin & Kevin
09-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm holding out hope for Cliff Avril

SINCE1978
09-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Peterson. Go with the most talented, even if he is in his twilight years ...

Scotty D
09-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Landon Cohen

http://www.njit.edu/news/2008/images/2008-047_teaser.jpg

ironman4579
11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
It's halfway through the season. So who's the DMVP as of now? Think you were right? Way off?

I'll just list the guys that were in the original poll as well as anyone mentioned.

Larry Foote-8 games, 56 tackles (leads team), 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, 3 PD's

Louis Delmas-8 games, 45 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery, 1 TD, 6 PD's (leads team)

Julian Peterson-8 games, 34 tackles, 3.5 sacks (leads team), 3 forced fumbles (leads team), 3 PD's

Ernie Sims-5 games, 25 tackles, 1 fumble recovery

DeWayne White-4 games, 6 tackles, 1 INT, 2 PD's

Cliff Avril-6 games, 17 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 PD's

DeAndre Levy-7 games, 31 tackles, 1 INT, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 4 PD's

noondog
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Delmas is my pick so far

SINCE1978
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
The guy who's job it is to scour the have-not pools filled with drowning NFL talent (i.e. the waiver wire) that has provided this awful defense with no less than 6 players.

Newest addition (subtraction?)
Jason David you are out, Jack Williams you are in.

Yeah for the revolving door on the bottom 1/3 of this roster. Yeah!

I want to be a fan of another organization sooo bad most days, gosh it tears my heart out that this team is so disgraceful.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-11-2009, 01:53 PM
The guy who's job it is to scour the have-not pools filled with drowning NFL talent (i.e. the waiver wire) that has provided this awful defense with no less than 6 players.

Newest addition (subtraction?)
Jason David you are out, Jack Williams you are in.

Yeah for the revolving door on the bottom 1/3 of this roster. Yeah!

I want to be a fan of another organization sooo bad most days, gosh it tears my heart out that this team is so disgraceful.

Its good they are being active. Guys just aren't producing and they will not accept people not playing well, except for Will James apparently. We couldn't expect everything to be fixed but it is disappointing that everyone out of Buchanon,Anthony Henry and Eric King did not work out. So therefore we have to scour the waiver wire for corners. Kevin Hobbs and Faggins get hurt, King on IR so we go for David but they like Jack Williams better because he is younger I'm sure. I thouhgt one of them would work out but unfortunately none have plus a lack of pass rush. Although Hasselbeck got rid of the ball quickly in the West Coast last week. We need a interior pass rush badly and Flu/Cohen are not providing it and Hill/Jackson weren't expected to provide it.

noondog
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I will say this: I really hope that DeAndre Levy earns a starting spot for opening day next year. I think that he really has the potential to be something special down the road and would love to see what he can do with a full season playing 75%+ of the snaps.

P-L
11-11-2009, 07:36 PM
DeAndre Levy has been playing great this year. He should have a starting spot right now.

SINCE1978
11-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Its good they are being active. Guys just aren't producing and they will not accept people not playing well, except for Will James apparently. We couldn't expect everything to be fixed but it is disappointing that everyone out of Buchanon,Anthony Henry and Eric King did not work out. So therefore we have to scour the waiver wire for corners. Kevin Hobbs and Faggins get hurt, King on IR so we go for David but they like Jack Williams better because he is younger I'm sure. I thouhgt one of them would work out but unfortunately none have plus a lack of pass rush. Although Hasselbeck got rid of the ball quickly in the West Coast last week. We need a interior pass rush badly and Flu/Cohen are not providing it and Hill/Jackson weren't expected to provide it.

Denver (likely bound for the playoffs) dumped Jack Williams in favor of 35 year old CB Ty Law ... so great, another teams dirty laundry ;o)

Waiver wire picks are for improving the bottom 1/3 of your roster (i.e. nickle package guys, special teams stand outs, 5th wide receivers, etc) NOT to find starters b/c you just benched the last 3. I don't fault Schwartz & Gun, they were dealt these cards and the talent is awful past 10 players deep. It's just frustrating but this is part of dealing with the Lions organization.

Buchanon has been a bust. benched twice already after signing an 8 million dollar deal to be the #1 CB. We better draft some secondary talent. In a copy cat league teams will continue to pass all day on this secondary since it's the weak link on a weak D. Delmas needs help.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Denver (likely bound for the playoffs) dumped Jack Williams in favor of 35 year old CB Ty Law ... so great, another teams dirty laundry ;o)

Waiver wire picks are for improving the bottom 1/3 of your roster (i.e. nickle package guys, special teams stand outs, 5th wide receivers, etc) NOT to find starters b/c you just benched the last 3. I don't fault Schwartz & Gun, they were dealt these cards and the talent is awful past 10 players deep. It's just frustrating but this is part of dealing with the Lions organization.

Buchanon has been a bust. benched twice already after signing an 8 million dollar deal to be the #1 CB. We better draft some secondary talent. In a copy cat league teams will continue to pass all day on this secondary since it's the weak link on a weak D. Delmas needs help.

The 3 corner acquisitions have been very disappointing I agree, well 4 if you count William James too. But no good corner wanted to come here. Buchanon just wanted one last chance to start and King knew Schwartz. King is on IR and Buchanon just needs to get better and he was never clearly a number 1. Jack Williams won't be a starter, he'll be a nickel guy. They are going to ride it out with Buchanon and James. Henry is too old and its better to try this Williams kid instead of Henry who is on a one year deal and won't be here next year. I would like to see more of Kevin Hobbs too. Just good they are holding people accountable in a very bad situation. Secondary help is a must I agree, don't know other than money how we will lure a decent corner in free agency. Round 2 or Round 3 corner will be a must too.

SINCE1978
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Like the accountability thing but superstars should NOT be exempt ... Peterson played rough the first 3 weeks and Stafford left his brain in the locker room at halftime in Seattle. Both have respectable backups in Levy & C Pep. Probably should have made the move for consistency sake ... I'm just say'n ;o)

Yeah draft a CB & S for sure. Miami has 2 rookie starters @ CB and although Brady to Moss burned them once or twice last Sunday they looked pretty good and are solid for years to come at that position. Vontae Davis (Ill) & Shaun Smith (Utah) are who I am speaking of for those of you who may not know.

It just takes 1 draft if the right guy is pulling the trigger.
Darrell Stuckey S (2) Javier Arenas CB (3)
OR
Nate Allen S (2) Trevard Lindley CB (3)

either scenario would instantly add youth, athleticism & play making in the secondary combined with Delmas ... whoo-ha, that is getting me excited baby .. .come on!!!

1)Suh 2)Stuckey 3)Arenas = sick ...