PDA

View Full Version : Fans will still be able to see blackout games.

Brothgar
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8127eb87&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

According to the article fans will be able to watch blacked out NFL games on NFL.com at no cost during the game. I like it because I will be able to see all the Lions games this season WOO!

discuss.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Another great decision by Goodell & the NFL brass demonstrating the NFL's good faith towards fans during tough economic times.

The game isn't available until midnight, but it still gives fans a chance to watch the game start to finish.

tjsunstein
09-10-2009, 01:21 PM
The best part about this thread is it was made by a Lions fan.

Brent
09-10-2009, 01:22 PM
well they have to do something if stadium tickets are going to start getting as ridiculous as they are at Cowboys Stadium... 200-something for a preseason game? plus 20-80 for parking? **** that

FlyingElvis
09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
well they have to do something if stadium tickets are going to start getting as ridiculous as they are at Cowboys Stadium... 200-something for a preseason game? plus 20-80 for parking? **** that

A quick google of ticket prices will find an article about average ticket prices being way up and directing readers to "Thank the Cowboys" - lol

BlindSite
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Now if they charged a fair price for streaming their games they'd win.

No one is ever going to use their paid streaming system so long as it costs what it does and it can so easily be found for free. I'd rather ten minutes of searching missing a bit of the first qtr to find a reliable stream somewhere else than paying over 100 AUD to watch the games.

aNYtitan
09-10-2009, 07:36 PM
The best part about this thread is it was made by a Lions fan.

I also thought why would you want to watch the Lions play? Stafford and Calvin and thats it I got

WMD
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I still don't get the whole blackout thing. Shouldn't they want to use the TV broadcast to sell the live event? Why would I pay around $200+ to go see a team that I haven't been able to watch?

You'd think Roger Goodell would want to have the NFL available on TV as much as possible, seeing as how he's screwed with the draft time every year he's been in charge.. that bastard.

JT Jag
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Not good news for the Jaguars.

brat316
09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I still don't get the whole blackout thing. Shouldn't they want to use the TV broadcast to sell the live event? Why would I pay around $200+ to go see a team that I haven't been able to watch?

You'd think Roger Goodell would want to have the NFL available on TV as much as possible, seeing as how he's screwed with the draft time every year he's been in charge.. that bastard.

Well its only blacked out for local stations. I see the concept, sell the staidum out or close to it and then the people that didn't get in will get to see it on TV. If you don't sell tickets why should I broadcast it, go to the stadium and watch it.

Also it should double to the stadium owners to lower the tickets.

WMD
09-10-2009, 08:19 PM
But it's not like the owner doesn't want to sell tickets in the first place. It's like punishing the fans. I'm not gonna pay for $50 per ticket just to see the Lions because they aren't being shown on TV.

The Unseen
09-10-2009, 08:54 PM
It's not during the games - it's the midnight after.

brat316
09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
It's not during the games - it's the midnight after.

u'll still watch it. I know i'll watch the black out games, while i'm bored an just sitting there in class.

Brothgar
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
I also thought why would you want to watch the Lions play? Stafford and Calvin and thats it I got

Well as a Lions fan I would like to see them play more than on thanks giving.

Brothgar
09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
:( You can only watch it if you live in MI if your comp is registered elsewhere (like NY or PA) then you're boned and that is *** *** rudy cool.