PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Kanye raised his level of doucherry.

Pages : [1] 2

jballa838
09-13-2009, 11:25 PM
2yOOPHe3QHU

I didnt think single ladies was that good.

vidae
09-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah I saw this too. I immediately thought "what an giant douche" and watching it again just proves it.

Hollywood
09-13-2009, 11:31 PM
haha I think that's awesome. Probably fake though like everything else on TV nowadays.

tjsunstein
09-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Is he kidding? What kind of person does that?

Rosebud
09-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Is he kidding? What kind of person does that?

A *** fish?

ShutDwn
09-13-2009, 11:34 PM
The thing is, it doesn't matter how big a douche everyone thinks he is. He will still sell music like crazy and be extremely popular.

Whether some people hate him or not, they are still talking about him, and it only makes him more memorable.

Also, believing this is legit is pretty hard to do. Does MTV just have a Beyonce cam? How did they know to cut to her right when he said that?

Rosebud
09-13-2009, 11:35 PM
The thing is, it doesn't matter how big a douche everyone thinks he is. He will still sell music like crazy and be extremely popular.

Whether some people hate him or not, they are still talking about him, and it only makes him more memorable.

And none of that changes the fact that he's a pretentious prick.

aNYtitan
09-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Ehh whats new? I am actually kinda surprised he even appeared at an MTV event, he has always had problems with these award shows. He gave his opinion, which is kinda f'd up because he did it during someone's speech, but I'm not the least bit surprised.

He is talented no doubt, but has the attitude of a 6 year old. But anyways, who the F cares about these MTV awards. Its a popularity contest that I think is never fairly won, and any artist that feels that a Moon man award is the best thing they could ever win is just sad.

TitanHope
09-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Poor Taylor Swift. She looked completely shellshocked.

I hope Kanye does that to someone with enough quick thinking and wit to just put him in his place in front of the audience that he craves. That, or knocks him the **** out. Either one is much better than he deserves.

I'm starting to think that accident that he was in was just preemptive karma.

ShutDwn
09-13-2009, 11:45 PM

Do you think he cares? Like him or not Kanye doesn't hide much, he is one of the most outspoken celebrities out there. If he changed his ways everyone would call him a sellout.

Antics like this will be laughed at later, other celebrities have done much worse and once it all washes over it just becomes part of their legacy.

Why people care is beyond me.

Seriously though, who without a doubt believes this? I guess you all believed the Bruno stunt with Eminem right? Isn't anyone thinking that MTV is trying to create buzz? Eminem didn't do a good enough acting job so they gave Kanye some hennesy and an audience. Sure it isn't beyond Kanye, but MTV is loving this right now.

DoughBoy
09-13-2009, 11:46 PM
I ******* hate Kanye now..How could you do that to my future imaginary wife??? luv u tay-tay ( thats the nickname Im going to give her).

steelersfan43
09-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Why would anyone be mean to T- swizzle

iBoldin
09-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Not that I really care about it, like at all, I didn't watch them, but.

That was win. I will plus rep Kanye in my imagination.

jballa838
09-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Also, believing this is legit is pretty hard to do. Does MTV just have a Beyonce cam? How did they know to cut to her right when he said that?
They actually did have a "Beyonce Cam". They always have a camera on the other nominees throughout the speech and before.

Dr. Gonzo
09-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Hahahahaha. I have a newfound appreciation for Kayne. What a guy. Taylor Swift is a ******* celebrity, if she can't take Kayne saying she didn't deserve to win she should find a new profession. This is the age we live in, deal with it.

DoughBoy
09-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Our world is going to hell in a hand basket if you guys really support what he did. Thats assuming its not staged which I think it is.

StripedWalrus
09-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Our world is going to hell in a hand basket if you guys really support what he did. Thats assuming its not staged which I think it is.

That would be an odd thing to stage.

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 12:00 AM

Our world has already gone to hell in a hand basket. Don't blame Kayne, ************ was just trying to sell some records. Fame goes to pretty much everyone's head when they achieve it, can't really blame the guy. I guess I just find it hilarious watching people act really uncomfortable.

iBoldin
09-14-2009, 12:01 AM

I just don't know why it really matters. It was douchish, but it was pretty funny to see the look on her face.

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I am ready for the neg rep that ensues but Taylor Swift seems like kind of a **** (c word) to me anyways. Someone needed to send her crashing down to earth.

DoughBoy
09-14-2009, 12:03 AM
I thought it was funny seeing Kanye booed by 40,000 people...but thats just me.

brat316
09-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Anyone else think of south park?

brat316
09-14-2009, 12:04 AM
What about him not winning agian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-631TgPP2s

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 12:04 AM
I thought it was funny seeing Kanye booed by 40,000 people...but thats just me.

Agreed. That was very funny too. The fact is people will always tune in to see villains and train wrecks no matter how much they deny it.

brat316
09-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Also Kid Cudi should have won best new artist. Come lady gaga really?

ShutDwn
09-14-2009, 12:09 AM
From Kanye's point of view, he stood up for his friend. He isn't going to see it as being an ass to Taylor Swift. He will probably apologize to her, but not for what he said.

I think its funny that people care so much and react so strongly. I am probably right though, this will be viewed in a totally different light in about ten years, if at all.

Tupac did things and said so many things that were ten times worse, and now that is what made him who he was. In some cases it is why he is loved, because he was so raw and emotional. Please take note that I never said Kanye is Tupac, I am making a point that time and especially death changes perceptions completely.

brat316
09-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Beyonce ended up winning anyways.

TitanHope
09-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Seriously though, who without a doubt believes this? I guess you all believed the Bruno stunt with Eminem right? Isn't anyone thinking that MTV is trying to create buzz? Eminem didn't do a good enough acting job so they gave Kanye some hennesy and an audience. Sure it isn't beyond Kanye, but MTV is loving this right now.

The Bruno/Eminem skit is entirely different than this. Kanye didn't propel down onto the stage. When Bruno did, it was an actual segment that "didn't go as planned" and the, "Oops! Look what happened! He's tea-baggin' Eminem! Lolz!"

I dunno. You could very well be right, but why would Taylor Swift agree to that? This wasn't harmless fun like Eminem agreed to. Kanye West basically told her she didn't deserve to win...lol?

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2009, 12:12 AM
I love Russell Brand but, there is no way I could watch that crap.

Was Brand funny?

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 12:14 AM
The Bruno/Eminem skit is entirely different than this. Kanye didn't propel down onto the stage. When Bruno did, it was an actual segment that "didn't go as planned" and the, "Oops! Look what happened! He's tea-baggin' Eminem! Lolz!"

I dunno. You could very well be right, but why would Taylor Swift agree to that? This wasn't harmless fun like Eminem agreed to. Kanye West basically told her she didn't deserve to win...lol?

I doubt this was staged but if it was its a very smart move on her part. Kayne sells records because people love a villain and Swift sells even more records because people feel bad for her and her not saying anything bad back to him makes her even more of a good girl. I just don't think she is smart enough to have agreed to that but who knows, maybe the people working for her are smart enough to force her to have agreed.

Snorlax1
09-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Kanye even interrupts obama...
VxKIcrDsJAs

TitanHope
09-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I doubt this was staged but if it was its a very smart move on her part. Kayne sells records because people love a villain and Swift sells even more records because people feel bad for her and her not saying anything bad back to him makes her even more of a good girl. I just don't think she is smart enough to have agreed to that but who knows, maybe the people working for her are smart enough to force her to have agreed.

I can see it working for Kanye, but not Swift. Maybe her video gets a few more hits on Youtube, but everyone remembers the villain way more than they do the victim.

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 12:25 AM
http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs209.snc1/7631_138040305682_502155682_3054336_685268_n.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 12:28 AM
I can see it working for Kanye, but not Swift. Maybe her video gets a few more hits on Youtube, but everyone remembers the villain way more than they do the victim.

You may be right. But then just think of the amount of people who will listen to whatever the **** song she won best video for just because of what Kayne did. I can bet some of them will start to listen to her music regularly. I don't know, you very well could be right. Only time will tel I guess because whether she was in on it or not it happened.

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 12:30 AM

She gets a lot more mainstream attention. Because who really cares about country stars but country fans? Now, when a major mainstream celeb trashes said country star on national tv her name gets out to a lot of fans who otherwise wouldn't have remembered who **** she was.

WMD
09-14-2009, 12:40 AM
I call shenanigans. Just because it's MTV.

BTW Lady Gaga is great!

DoughBoy
09-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Isnt country the second largest music genre in terms of sells besides rock? Taylor might be more well known than Kanye....I doubt she needs the pub.

Snorlax1
09-14-2009, 12:44 AM
She gets a lot more mainstream attention. Because who really cares about country stars but country fans? Now, when a major mainstream celeb trashes said country star on national tv her name gets out to a lot of fans who otherwise wouldn't have remembered who **** she was.

Yeah she defiantly needed the attention of Kanye West considering she sold more albums than anyone in 2008... And has the best selling CD of 2009. No one knows who she is.

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Isnt country the second largest music genre in terms of sells besides rock? Taylor might be more well known than Kanye....I doubt she needs the pub.

Somehow I find that very hard to believe.

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah she defiantly needed the attention of Kanye West considering she sold more albums than anyone in 2008... And has the best selling CD of 2009. No one knows who she is.

Hey I was just throwing out ideas how it could help.

Snorlax1
09-14-2009, 12:55 AM
http://i25.tinypic.com/idu3ar.jpg

keylime_5
09-14-2009, 12:58 AM
he is such a *** fish.

DoughBoy
09-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Somehow I find that very hard to believe.

Well since the majority of the population over 30 does not listen to Rap I would say it is pretty easy to belive.

TitanHope
09-14-2009, 01:02 AM
http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs209.snc1/7631_138040305682_502155682_3054336_685268_n.jpg

That's priceless!

Taylor Swift is just as main stream as Kanye is. MTV even used Swift in promo commercials to advertise the awards show. Girls like her music, and boys think she's hot. Her music gets played over both Country and Pop channels as well. Hell, she beat out Beyonce in a popularity vote, and her audience is bigger than both's.

If someone doesn't know who Swift is, then they probably don't know who Kanye West is either. So they either don't care, or look into who Kanye is because he's the one doing it. There's really no incentive to do this unless it's just her sense of humor, and if it was planned, I'm sure they would've put something in there for her to say afterwards to regain composure and incite laughter/applause instead of just standing around looking lost. I haven't seen the full thing though. Just the Youtube clip in the OP.

MetSox17
09-14-2009, 01:24 AM
This looked way too awkward for everyone to be staged. Poor Taylor looked so lost and didn't even know how to react. And on top of that, Beyonce probably looked the most uncomfortable.

I love Russell Brand but, there is no way I could watch that crap.

Was Brand funny?

That guy is the biggest un-funny douchebag i've ever seen. He wasn't good last year, i don't know why they brought him back again.

El Peefs?????
09-14-2009, 01:24 AM
So I have no idea what this actually about, nor did I watch the video or read more than 2-3 responses... this said.

If youre white (like most of your pasty kids) you should already dislike Kanye. Hard for him to be more of a dbag to the Caucasian population.

I don't understand the appeal of his music either. He takes beats/songs other musicians composed than repeats 5 lines for 4 or so minutes. Awesome? I guess this is basically all mainstream hip hop is though.

WMD
09-14-2009, 01:25 AM
That's priceless!

Taylor Swift is just as main stream as Kanye is. MTV even used Swift in promo commercials to advertise the awards show. Girls like her music, and boys think she's hot. Her music gets played over both Country and Pop channels as well. Hell, she beat out Beyonce in a popularity vote, and her audience is bigger than both's.

If someone doesn't know who Swift is, then they probably don't know who Kanye West is either. So they either don't care, or look into who Kanye is because he's the one doing it. There's really no incentive to do this unless it's just her sense of humor, and if it was planned, I'm sure they would've put something in there for her to say afterwards to regain composure and incite laughter/applause instead of just standing around looking lost. I haven't seen the full thing though. Just the Youtube clip in the OP.

Or they could've wanted you to think it was real so they didn't do the things you'd look for in a staged incident..

thetedginnshow
09-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Well, it worked out in the end. I think it's stupid to think this is staged though.

p-Ig38qaUxE

MetSox17
09-14-2009, 01:35 AM
I was actually about to ask if anyone had the video of where Beyonce asked her back on stage. Very classy of her, and this should be remembered more than the douchebaggery of Kanye.

bantx
09-14-2009, 01:49 AM
How could you be so heartless kanye?

kwilk103
09-14-2009, 01:57 AM
still trying to figure out why mtv still has teh vmas, when i havent seen a video on there in years

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 03:55 AM
That's priceless!

I don't know who this taylor swift chick is, and only reason I know Kanye is because he actually is a good producer, although I hate him as a person and think his solo music is hot garbage. I also know a lot of people who don't know who this chick is but at least know the name kanye. So forgive me for being surprised that my experience has shown that kanye is more well known, which at the very least shows that there is a significant untapped market for swift to gain exposure to.

niel89
09-14-2009, 04:53 AM
He just comes out as a bad guy from this. I normally I download a cd and then Ill go buy the album to support the group. But now for Kanye I will never send him another dollar. He is just a prick with a huge ego.

The voice of a generation? There is only one person who would say that.

http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kanye-gayfish-425x310.png

Gay Ork Wang
09-14-2009, 05:15 AM
oh wow. I thought he was already on stage. Apparently he stormed the stage, did that, then left and flipped off the audiecne

trkaline
09-14-2009, 05:20 AM
I for one enjoy a little douchebaggery, and I find it even funnier that he did it to Taylor Swift. ....omg not Taylor Swift she's so sweet and innocent....**** that twat...country bitches get it to...

T-RICH49
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
funny thing is I bet Kanye's lost quite a few fans because of this and Taylor's gained quite a few fans out of this so really she will wind up getting the last laugh

no bare feet
09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Kayne West hates white people.

Paul
09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Kanye does have douchey tendencies, but danmit I like his music. And seriously, Taylor Swift receiving any kind of award is a joke in itself, especially one from MTV. Who cares really.

Nalej
09-14-2009, 08:34 AM
I didn't watch it- just saw the clip- I hate Kanye though
I don't buy any of his CDs, I wouldn't go see him live and plan to keep that trend up.
He's the most overrated guy in the game right now.... he's up there at least
(I think hip hop as turned into a big pile of garbage- with your exceptions here and there, of course)

Paul
09-14-2009, 08:37 AM
still trying to figure out why mtv still has teh vmas, when i havent seen a video on there in years

I think I saw them play a video a couple months ago. It could've been a commercial, I'm not quite sure.

09-14-2009, 08:38 AM
I didn't watch it- just saw the clip- I hate Kanye though
I don't buy any of his CDs, I wouldn't go see him live and plan to keep that trend up.
He's the most overrated guy in the game right now.... he's up there at least
(I think hip hop as turned into a big pile of garbage- with your exceptions here and there, of course)

What does what he did have anything to do with hip-hop? Yeah, I know, it's easy to hate on hip-hop .. :rolleyes:

PACKmanN
09-14-2009, 08:44 AM
What does what he did have anything to do with hip-hop? Yeah, I know, it's easy to hate on hip-hop .. :rolleyes:

I think he just doesn't like Kanye's music; I don't like his music as well.

CLong4Heisman
09-14-2009, 08:50 AM
People told me Lady Gaga had a bulge in her pants and they thought it was a *****. For anyone who watched the VMAs, what the heck was it?

Splat
09-14-2009, 09:11 AM
It wasn't about standing up for his friend it was about look at me guys I'm Kanye what an ass.

Nalej
09-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I think he just doesn't like Kanye's music; I don't like his music as well.

Exactly

Don't be dumb. I'm a big hip hop head. I don't listen to anything else but it
I wasn't blaming hip hop- I just said that I don't like his music (he's overrated) and then went off on a tangent and said that hip hop as a whole right now is struggling.

Either way- Kanye's a dumbass for what he did and I'd like for someone to re-wire his jaw shut

T-RICH49
09-14-2009, 09:26 AM
It wasn't about standing up for his friend it was about look at me guys I'm Kanye what an ass.

Quoted for truth

JFLO
09-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Also Kid Cudi should have won best new artist. Come lady gaga really?

I agree, Lady Gaga is a beast and not in the good way.

On Kanye, I didn't see or hear about that, because MTV is a complete joke, but that is hilarious.

Taylor Swift's facial expression was hilarious. "What do I do?"

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2009, 09:52 AM
This looked way too awkward for everyone to be staged. Poor Taylor looked so lost and didn't even know how to react. And on top of that, Beyonce probably looked the most uncomfortable.

That guy is the biggest un-funny douchebag i've ever seen. He wasn't good last year, i don't know why they brought him back again.

I think he is hilarious. I guess they brought him back because, his popularity has boomed tenfold since the last time. A lot of people didnt know who he was last go around.

JFLO
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
They brought him back because they knew his "larger than this universe" ego would do something idiotic and would have people like us talking about it.

dabears10
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
VxKIcrDsJAs

ShutDwn
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
So I have no idea what this actually about, nor did I watch the video or read more than 2-3 responses... this said.

If youre white (like most of your pasty kids) you should already dislike Kanye. Hard for him to be more of a dbag to the Caucasian population.

I don't understand the appeal of his music either. He takes beats/songs other musicians composed than repeats 5 lines for 4 or so minutes. Awesome? I guess this is basically all mainstream hip hop is though.

So then you could do what he does? That is all mainstream hip hop is? Please, using the ideas of other musicians is nothing new. Rap is often made the scape goat but artists have been "sampling" since the beginning.

It isn't like Kanye hasn't ever made something completely from scratch, but of course people who dislike him only deal in absolutes.

drowe
09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
christ. i'm so out of touch. i read this whole thread and i don't know any of these people. i think kanye west was on south park once.

did journey win anything?

kalbears13
09-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I can't believe this many people care about the VMAs. The VMA's should be broadcasted on youtube because I think we all know music videos aren't shown on TV.

Hollywood
09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
funny thing is I bet Kanye's lost quite a few fans because of this and Taylor's gained quite a few fans out of this so really she will wind up getting the last laugh

No. No not really. Yea you are entirely wrong on the whole statement here.

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2009, 12:29 PM
I can't believe this many people care about the VMAs. The VMA's should be broadcasted on youtube because I think we all know music videos aren't shown on TV.

For real. I dont even know how people see these videos on MTV, because I never see MTV showing music videos whenever I turn to it. And VH1 which I havent watched in a long ass time shows some countdown show in the morning and that's it, I believe.

brat316
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't think anyone cares now. What ever beyonce call her back up anyways.

Its Kanye West kind of expect stupid **** from him now ever since Geroge Bush doesn't like black people, and then some.

We should start an internet meme and spam West blogs and Twitters with *** Fish hahahah, just for shits and giggles.

Also Kid Cudi should ahve won

soybean
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
if it was staged, they would've announced it by now.

And no artist (kanye) would agree to something that would severly tarnish his reputation and garner all this backlash from his peers in the music industry.

plus he apologized with a Kind of a half-hearted apology.

tjsunstein
09-14-2009, 01:15 PM
It's the ******* VMAs.

T-RICH49
09-14-2009, 01:39 PM
I just saw a pick of Kanye holind a bottle of Hinnesy on the red carpet.so he's not just a loudmouth idipout but a drunk loudmouth idiot

Nalej
09-14-2009, 01:49 PM
How could you be so heartless kanye?

^^^lol

I see what you did there

JRTPlaya21
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
That video of Kanye getting mad about losing was from two years ago. I can't believe this actually got a thread on draftcountdown lol.

SuperMcGee
09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Did not see this, but the most interesting thing I got out of it was a combination of Hayley Williams and American Nightmare. Yes please.

Hollywood
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
if it was staged, they would've announced it by now.

And no artist (kanye) would agree to something that would severly tarnish his reputation and garner all this backlash from his peers in the music industry.

plus he apologized with a Kind of a half-hearted apology.

Man you fail at understanding the (MTV) entertainment industry.

1. If it's staged...which 95% of me says it is; they will have something in the near future that will tie it altogether. Another event.
2. Any publicity for somebody like Kanye West is good publicity. Doesn't matter if we think it's a douchebag move, we are talking about him here on a draft forum. Kanye wins.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-14-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhwqiS0bm059Rs2yFl
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhrTV2jSJRQ09q7Lym

Nalej
09-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Kanye doesn't win when we talk about him on draftcountdown.com
He wins when we go guy his music, dl his songs or buy anything tied up to him
This is the only place where Kanye took a moment of my life...

so 'no'... Kanye doesn't win from this. Not with me at least

Hollywood
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Not with me at least

Yea but he doesn't give a **** about you because you are one person and he is worth tens of millions of dollars. And yes he does win from this because it keeps him in the public spotlight and EVERYBODY is talking about him. When you are in the entertainment industry that is a great thing.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM
I thought it was funny at the end when she went to continue her speech and the music started and the escorted her off the stage.

CashmoneyDrew
09-14-2009, 02:47 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhwqiS0bm059Rs2yFl
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhrTV2jSJRQ09q7Lym

Damn, Kanye can't even do a tirade without sampling someone else's work.

Nalej
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Yea but he doesn't give a **** about you because you are one person and he is worth tens of millions of dollars. And yes he does win from this because it keeps him in the public spotlight and EVERYBODY is talking about him. When you are in the entertainment industry that is a great thing.

You missed the point. You can talk about someone all you want but if you ain't buying his **** then NO- it's not a good thing.
I'm not buying anything that would make him money. I'm one person- true
BUT- I promise you I'm not the only one that feels that way
so unless this act gets us to buying his **** then it's not a good thing

I'm only one person but I'm one of many- and the **** starts to add up after a while

Damn, Kanye can't even do a tirade without sampling someone else's work.

lol

Babylon
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Beyonce ended up winning anyways.

In more ways than one.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-14-2009, 03:12 PM
On Kanye's apology to Swift he says that he is just a true fan of the pop culture and that when he won and didn't think he deserved it he gave it to Outkast. Said he was just being REAL!! So do you think Kanye did it to be a douche or he just really thought Beyonce deserved it.

soybean
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
On Kanye's apology to Swift he says that he is just a true fan of the pop culture and that when he won and didn't think he deserved it he gave it to Outkast. Said he was just being REAL!! So do you think Kanye did it to be a douche or he just really thought Beyonce deserved it.

both. but it doesn't matter. the fans voted.

if he feels beyonce should have won, why doesn't he come up with his own award and then award it to her?

EDIT: ps. his first apology was more of an excuse than anything else. that's why he took it down to put another one up.

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
If as an artist I was forced to go to the VMA's so the mouthbreathing fucktards who makes up the majority of popular music fans continue to support my music I would be pissed to. Someone seriously needs to put a stop to this celebration of ****** music and tell the fans that they are ******* dumb. (Yes I am a pretentious twat)

brat316
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
If as an artist I was forced to go to the VMA's so the mouthbreathing fucktards who makes up the majority of popular music fans continue to support my music I would be pissed to. Someone seriously needs to put a stop to this celebration of ****** music and tell the fans that they are ******* dumb. (Yes I am a pretentious twat)

Hey **** u, i'll listen to what I want. If you don't want to go don't go, boycott it. If you want your music to be popular get ready for fucktards to listen to it.

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey **** u, i'll listen to what I want. If you don't want to go don't go, boycott it. If you want your music to be popular get ready for fucktards to listen to it.

I do not want my popular music to be popular. I understand that popular music is full of **** and if anything is popular is means a lot of people listen to it and at a lot of people tend to be ******* assholes who like music that makes my ears bleed.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-14-2009, 03:38 PM

No!!!! If you want fucktards to make your music popular it has to be ****** music. The music has to have no meaning what so ever.

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
No!!!! If you want fucktards to make your music popular it has to be ****** music. The music has to have no meaning what so ever.

That's not true, you just have to hide it.

MetSox17
09-14-2009, 03:42 PM

Kinda like little wayne.

Splat
09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Kanye could have gave his opinion after the show I'm sure he was going to have a mic and cam shoved in his face a million times just like every one else.

Doing it this way just makes him look bad sure it gets people talking but for the most part the people talking about him are just saying how much they think he was being an ass.

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Kinda like little wayne.

What I love about little wayne is that in almost every song he reminds people that he's all about the money in the first 30 seconds, be it calling himself a yung money maker or cash money, he proves how pointless his music is right off the bat.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-14-2009, 03:47 PM
If you want to make your music popular you have to do what Jay-z said he did
"I dumb down for my lyrics, to double my dollars
They criticize me for it, yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold, truth be told
I'd probably be lyrically, Talib Kweli

MetSox17
09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
What I love about little wayne is that in almost every song he reminds people that he's all about the money in the first 30 seconds, be it calling himself a yung money maker or cash money, he proves how pointless his music is right off the bat.

The biggest satisfaction i have is knowing that once his **** starts smelling again, i'll give him 10 years before he goes completely broke, with the way these guys spend their money.

He's probably the most ******** artist out there right now. I'm surprised he can even blurt out a sentence when he's being interviewed.

Nalej
09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
If you want to make your music popular you have to do what Jay-z said he did
"I dumb down for my lyrics, to double my dollars
They criticize me for it, yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold, truth be told
I'd probably be lyrically, Talib Kweli

quoted for truth

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
The biggest satisfaction i have is knowing that once his **** starts smelling again, i'll give him 10 years before he goes completely broke, with the way these guys spend their money.

He's probably the most ******** artist out there right now. I'm surprised he can even blurt out a sentence when he's being interviewed.

agreed.

(screw you ten character rule)
zqBbG9ie9oM

T-RICH49
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
even if it was staged what was the point of creating controversy that way?why not have Russel Brand take shots and an artist throughout the night(Kanye would have been a great target)

brat316
09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Kinda like little wayne.

no more like Kid Cudi.

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't see what the big deal is...so he did somehting stupid now the first time a famous person does it.

No lie i applaud him haha

SuperKevin
09-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't see what the big deal is...so he did somehting stupid now the first time a famous person does it.

No lie i applaud him haha

He's a racist asshole. I hope he becomes the victim of a hate crime

Rosebud
09-14-2009, 05:54 PM
He's a racist asshole. I hope he becomes the victim of a hate crime

psh, black people can't be racist.

Brent
09-14-2009, 07:16 PM
So, I had to read all this thread to see what the hoopla was about since I don't watch MTV, and everyone I know/work with was seemingly talking about this.

Honestly, who gives a **** about the VMAs? It's unreal that MTV has the VMAs, yet they don't even broadcast that which receives awards.

D-Unit
09-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Kanye is so wimpy... That's what gets me.

Would've been much more entertaining if he did that against someone like Toby Keith...who would've punched his lights out. lol.

thetedginnshow
09-15-2009, 12:54 AM
His apology on the Leno show was brutal. He almost cried when Jay brought up his mom. I'm going to say him and Taylor make a song in the near future.

yo123
09-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Kanye is so wimpy... That's what gets me.

Would've been much more entertaining if he did that against someone like Toby Keith...who would've punched his lights out. lol.

I was listening to my local sports station and they said if Pink had won and Kanye did the same thing she would have cold cocked him. I tend to agree and that would have been beyond epic.

soybean
09-15-2009, 01:42 AM

this is wrong. I'm sure kobe loved people talking about his rape charge. I'm sure plax loved people talking about his possession charge. etc.

I'm sure the dixie chicks loved seeing their career get blackballed and destroyed because they publicly badmouthed the government.

fact is, negative publicity is not always good publicity. Especially when other entertainers, radio stations etc. are calling for a boycott of his music.

soybean
09-15-2009, 01:58 AM

haha no offense but you can die tomorrow and no one would care. why should society serve YOU in any way?

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 02:12 AM
haha no offense but you can die tomorrow and no one would care. why should society serve YOU in any way?

LMAO is all i got to say

KCJ58
09-15-2009, 02:32 AM
the link is broken any1 got a new 1 I have not seen this video

brat316
09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
http://www.phillyd.tv/2009/09/14/this-is-why-i-love-twitter/

ahha Obama said Kanye is a jackass

dabears10
09-15-2009, 09:37 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/821/Advice-Kanye-IM-GONNA-LET-YOU-FINISH-BUT-THE-HOT-CHICK-THREAD-IS-ONE-OF-THE-BEST-OF-ALL-TIME.jpg

LonghornsLegend
09-15-2009, 09:41 AM
this is wrong. I'm sure kobe loved people talking about his rape charge. I'm sure plax loved people talking about his possession charge. etc.

I'm sure the dixie chicks loved seeing their career get blackballed and destroyed because they publicly badmouthed the government.

fact is, negative publicity is not always good publicity. Especially when other entertainers, radio stations etc. are calling for a boycott of his music.

LMAO...Did you just compare raping a girl while your married with kids, to interrupting a VMA speech? I think your examples are a bit extreme, those are real life situations with real life implications like jail, getting drunk and acting ignorant at an award show is hardly on par with any of those things no matter how big of a douche he is.

tjsunstein
09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I hope Kanye doesn't show up to Patrick Swayze's funeral. "I'll let ya'll get back to your funeral in a minute .. but Michael Jackson had the best death of the year. Just Saying."

Gay Ork Wang
09-15-2009, 09:46 AM
I hope Kanye doesn't show up to Patrick Swayze's funeral. "I'll let ya'll get back to your funeral in a minute .. but Michael Jackson had the best death of the year. Just Saying."
you got that from the picture in the swayze thread. I call plagiarsm

tjsunstein
09-15-2009, 09:48 AM
you got that from the picture in the swayze thread. I call plagiarsm

Lol, I just got it from someone's facebook status. I clicked on the Swayze thread and what do you know? There's a picture and all. Ignore my post. haha.

soybean
09-15-2009, 10:07 AM
LMAO...Did you just compare raping a girl while your married with kids, to interrupting a VMA speech? I think your examples are a bit extreme, those are real life situations with real life implications like jail, getting drunk and acting ignorant at an award show is hardly on par with any of those things no matter how big of a douche he is.

I didn't compare the crime. i compared the negative buzz that ensues.

Dr. Gonzo
09-15-2009, 10:10 AM

Oh I understand that. I am not saying society should serve me and I understand that the world does not revolve around me. It doesn't change the fact that popular music sounds like to borrow a line from It's Always Sunny whales raping each other.

tjsunstein
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I didn't compare the crime. i compared the negative buzz that ensues.

What Kanye did was not a crime.
What ensues after an accused rape is a lot different than what is going on with Kanye right now. The negative buzz is a lot more drastic and extreme when talking about an actual charge rather than "Omg, Kanye is such a dick! I love Taylor Swift!"

Dr. Gonzo
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
I think this situation would have been a lot more news worthy had Kayne actually raped Taylor Swift live at the VMA's.

YAYareaRB
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
To me, Kanye West is one of those nutty free thinkers that does what he wants because that's what makes sense TO HIM. Like take for instance, me, I would NEVER do something like that.. EVER! But Kanye is so about music and stuff I think he thinks his opinion wasn't harmful, when it was.

http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/craveonline.com/articles/75067/image_assets/image_1.jpg

wogitalia
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
What ensues after an accused rape is a lot different than what is going on with Kanye right now. The negative buzz is a lot more drastic and extreme when talking about an actual charge rather than "Omg, Kanye is such a dick! I love Taylor Swift!"

Kind of funny/sad and sort of indicative of how much the NBA has fallen off, but over here the Kanye thing is getting way more run than Kobe did and Kanye is getting way more negative press. Australia basically looked at the Kobe thing and sore a chick out for a quick buck, that seems to be our general, and somewhat justified, reaction to people who claim athletes raped them, Kanye on the other hand is getting called all kinds of douchery and no one even knows who the **** Taylor Swift is, it's all rather amusing.

YAYareaRB
09-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Kind of funny/sad and sort of indicative of how much the NBA has fallen off, but over here the Kanye thing is getting way more run than Kobe did and Kanye is getting way more negative press. Australia basically looked at the Kobe thing and sore a chick out for a quick buck, that seems to be our general, and somewhat justified, reaction to people who claim athletes raped them, Kanye on the other hand is getting called all kinds of douchery and no one even knows who the **** Taylor Swift is, it's all rather amusing.

It's just because there's been cases of athletes raping people and it ends up the raped individual was just out for the quick buck, in fact. But, this was just over the top. Like it's Human nature not to do that type of thing. Sure people have their opinions but it's ****** up when your conscience doesn't say let this girl have hers and speak your mind elsewhere. You just don't embarrass people like that

wogitalia
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Sure people have their opinions but it's ****** up when your conscience doesn't say let this girl have hers and speak your mind elsewhere. You just don't embarrass people like that

I agree, but you need those people to hate. Kanye, Cutler, Favre and Tmac just make the world so much more fun because you can hate them and it's a perfectly acceptable feeling, I find that healthy.

LizardState
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM

And a racist pretentious prick at that. Kanye West s/b nailed up in old barrel & sent out with the evening tide. Even Beyonce Knowles looked embarrassed.

5 yrs. from now Taylor Swift will have a headlining country act & Kanye West will be the answer to a trivia question. No great loss for pop culture there.

If it was fake, & it might have been, MTV is reaching a new low for ratings. Does anyone watch MTV anymore?

dabears10
09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
And a racist pretentious prick at that. Kanye West s/b nailed up in old barrel & sent out with the evening tide. Even Beyonce Knowles looked embarrassed.

5 yrs. from now Taylor Swift will have a headlining country act & Kanye West will be the answer to a trivia question. No great loss for pop culture there.

If it was fake, & it might have been, MTV is reaching a new low for ratings. Does anyone watch MTV anymore?

I like how people are dismissing Kanye West as a talentless ass clown and acting like Taylor Swift is the most talented woman in the world. They both are pop stars and Kanye has shown more range than Taylor Swift up to this point.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-15-2009, 12:43 PM
I like how people are dismissing Kanye West as a talentless ass clown and acting like Taylor Swift is the most talented woman in the world. They both are pop stars and Kanye has shown more range than Taylor Swift up to this point.
he'd be way more respected if he wasn't so full of himself.

dabears10
09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
he'd be way more respected if he wasn't so full of himself.

Obviously he is a prick, but it doesn't mean he is not very talented and be erased 5 years from now. He is still a big producer in the hip hop world as well.

brat316
09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
http://www.phillyd.tv/2009/09/14/this-is-why-i-love-twitter/

ahha Obama said Kanye is a jackass

come on no one find this funny.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Obviously he is a prick, but it doesn't mean he is not very talented and be erased 5 years from now. He is still a big producer in the hip hop world as well.
i dont disagree with that at all. very very talented. he'll still be around in 5 years easy.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Oh I understand that. I am not saying society should serve me and I understand that the world does not revolve around me. It doesn't change the fact that popular music sounds like to borrow a line from It's Always Sunny whales raping each other.

And this is why I love Its always Sunny...

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 01:56 PM
C;mon man...Kanye's had some good songs...albeit a future disasters like Love Lockdown but he's got talent. I mean didn he win song of the year or w.e. when he teamed up with Daft Punk

YAYareaRB
09-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Who's questioning his talent and whatnot? He's just a *** fish

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 02:02 PM
At least he stood up for what he believed in 8D

KCJ58
09-15-2009, 02:05 PM
it's the ******* MTV Music awards who gives a flying **** who wins?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Obviously a lot of people care who wins. I point and laugh at whoever said Kanye will be "a trivia question" in 5 years. Kanye is going to be a great producer and hiphop artist for a long time. IMO he has already made 1 classic in hiphop and has 3 really good albums. To get back on track he is a douche but to me it was funny. Taylor Swift is irrelevant to me so **** her.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Obviously a lot of people care who wins. I point and laugh at whoever said Kanye will be "a trivia question" in 5 years. Kanye is going to be a great producer and hiphop artist for a long time. IMO he has already made 1 classic in hiphop and has 3 really good albums. To get back on track he is a douche but to me it was funny. Taylor Swift is irrelevant to me so **** her.

Oh no you didn't!!!...

lol.

ccB
09-15-2009, 03:03 PM

Agreed, chances are Taylor Swift will be the "trivia question" in 5 years. Kanye has already been around for what 8 years, I'll bet on his longevity in the business over hers any day.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Agreed, chances are Taylor Swift will be the "trivia question" in 5 years. Kanye has already been around for what 8 years, I'll bet on his longevity in the business over hers any day.

Don't count on it. Now this is coming from a Taylor Swift homer, if you will, but she is primarily a country artist, and country fans are loyal to their artists, and she has been the most popular young artist in the past 3 or 4 years. She is part of the reason a few other country groups have risen to popularity, she isn't going anywhere as far as country music is concerned. Pop music, she may tail off a bit, but she will be around for as long as she wants in country.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
But people don't know that Kanye West has been around since Blueprint 1(Jay-z album for those who don't know). He actually been around longer but that is when he started getting recognized. Kanye as an artist is fairly young and will be around for awhile

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
But people don't know that Kanye West has been around since Blueprint 1(Jay-z album for those who don't know). He actually been around longer but that is when he started getting recognized. Kanye as an artist is fairly young and will be around for awhile

I'm not saying Kanye will be a trivia question in 5 years. Neither will. Just defending my Taylor, lol.

ccB
09-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Don't count on it. Now this is coming from a Taylor Swift homer, if you will, but she is primarily a country artist, and country fans are loyal to their artists, and she has been the most popular young artist in the past 3 or 4 years. She is part of the reason a few other country groups have risen to popularity, she isn't going anywhere as far as country music is concerned. Pop music, she may tail off a bit, but she will be around for as long as she wants in country.

I am not trying to take away from her relevance in the genre of Country Music, but I feel on a universal or mainstream scale Kanye will continue to be a more relevant household name. They will both probably have continued success in their respected genres but at the moment Hip Hop music is more relevant than Country music. This is no disrespect to country music but that's just the way things are right now.

Paul
09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Swift is as country as P. Diddy. Just because there is a twang your voice and an acoustic guitar in your song doesn't mean you're country. I'm not a huge country fan, but I've been around enough of it to differentiate it from a pop song.

Splat
09-15-2009, 03:41 PM

Taylor Swift is huge with the MTV crowd and the CMT crowd as well she gets played on all differnt kinds of radio stations that is showing great range.

She might not be a producer like Kanye West but to break out and be that diverse is not easy to do.

Its easy to write her off because people hate MTV and or country music so much but you still have to give it up for her breaking out like that.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I am not trying to take away from her relevance in the genre of Country Music, but I feel on a universal or mainstream scale Kanye will continue to be a more relevant household name. They will both probably have continued success in their respected genres but at the moment Hip Hop music is more relevant than Country music. This is no disrespect to country music but that's just the way things are right now.

It all depends on where you are how relavent something is. There are all types of different people in this world, and to some, country is more relavent than hip hop, as well as the other way around.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Taylor Swift is huge with the MTV crowd and the CMT crowd as well she gets played on all differnt kinds of radio stations that is showing great range.

She might not be a producer like Kanye West but to break out and be that diverse is not eazy to do.

Its eazy to write her off because people hate MTV and or country music so much but you still have to give it up for her breaking out like that.

Once, I hope its a typo, twice? Come on splat, your better than that, lol.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Swift is as country as P. Diddy. Just because there is a twang your voice and an acoustic guitar in your song doesn't mean you're country. I'm not a huge country fan, but I've been around enough of it to differentiate it from a pop song.

You see, she doesn't have a twang in her voice, and depending on what genre station is playing it, there are different instruments to go with the sound they want. I know what your saying, but many of Taylor's songs are country, but the ones that go mainstream are the ones that cross over to pop. Many of her less known songs are more country.

Sniper
09-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Taylor Swift is a pop singer, not a country singer. Kanye, you're the man.

Splat
09-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Once, I hope its a typo, twice? Come on splat, your better than that, lol.

Thats how eazy e spelled it. :)

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Thats how eazy e spelled it. :)

He also thought sleeping with MASSIVE amounts of women(possibly men also) without using protection wasn't a bad thing and he died of AIDS because of it!!!!!!!

EAZY E................................."I pulled up her skirt and the ***** had a DICK"!!!!!

trkaline
09-15-2009, 04:05 PM

She's been around 4 years? Up until like 8 months ago I had no idea who she was.

Splat
09-15-2009, 04:08 PM
He also thought sleeping with MASSIVE amounts of women(possibly men also) without using protection wasn't a bad thing and he died of AIDS because of it!!!!!!!

EAZY E................................."I pulled up her skirt and the ***** had a DICK"!!!!!

"Why you got to bring up old ****?"

http://i25.tinypic.com/2mn2kv8.jpg

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
She's been around 4 years? Up until like 8 months ago I had no idea who she was.

Not 4 yet, but I remember her first song came out a little over 3 years ago...

Thumper
09-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Haha Obama has been caught on tape calling Kanye a Jackass.

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Not 4 yet, but I remember her first song came out a little over 3 years ago...

Serious??? First time I heard bout her was when she got dumped for Camilla Belle....I'm not really a fan...and idk but in my personal opinion I dont think she's that good and somewhat overrated

Crickett
09-15-2009, 06:15 PM

yjTkPpUrYTk

Splat
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM

I'm Splat420 and I approve of this message.

RaiderNation
09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Kayne is one of those *** ass auto tune "rappers" now a days. We need the 90's and early 2000 rap back....

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Kayne is one of those *** ass auto tune "rappers" now a days. We need the 90's and early 2000 rap back....

Kanye West made his album with auto tune yes but Kanye has plenty of music that isn't auto tuned. College dropout/Late Registration are beast albums. If anyone wants to hear Kanye kill it listen to this song he is on with Jay-z on the BP3. I don't expect to hear to much auto tune from Ye anymore. I agree the music was better back then but that music is far gone.

WLsHP94bvXs

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
uumm...whats auto tune? i know imma sound stupid lol but first time i hear that term

Paul
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
uumm...whats auto tune? i know imma sound stupid lol but first time i hear that term

Listen to any song by T-Pain.

Thumper
09-15-2009, 07:39 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wcU4ysY7-Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wcU4ysY7-Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-15-2009, 07:43 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhw6Vwu223x48KR0rs

C'MON SON!!!!!

T-RICH49
09-15-2009, 07:48 PM
I heard Leno talked to Ye last night on his new show.did he apologize or continue to make himself look like a buffoon

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Listen to any song by T-Pain.

oh...i always thought it was another way of using the voice box

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 08:06 PM
haha, fishsticks night on comedy central tonight.

T-RICH49
09-15-2009, 08:09 PM
just tuned in.rofl

Finz99
09-15-2009, 08:10 PM

It's funny you say that, because I'm in this Pop and Rock in America and we just recently went over the beginning of country, western and bluegrass, and the fact that people say Taylor Swift is down right country is laughable.

She's a crossover artist...meaning she jumps from one genre to another by mixing two styles to get both the listeners. I'd say shes more pop than country IMHO.

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Am I the only one who didn't even know who she was before this?

tjsunstein
09-15-2009, 08:15 PM

I'm pretty confident that you were.

How did this make it 8 pages?

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty confident that you were.

How did this make it 8 pages?

I haven't known who she was for very long either....and thats the power of Kanyeezy

ccB
09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I had heard the name and knew sh was a country singer but wouldn't of been able to pick her out of a line up or tell you what song she sings. She should thank Kanye For the amount of exposure she's received after this incident.

TitanHope
09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
C;mon man...Kanye's had some good songs...albeit a future disasters like Love Lockdown but he's got talent. I mean didn he win song of the year or w.e. when he teamed up with Daft Punk

The Draft Punk sample made that song with the "Harder, better, faster, stronger" hooks. I credit them for that success more than Kanye.

Kanye has talent, but not enough to substantiated his eccentricities. He's turned himself into a walking punchline.

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Daft punk is awesome, so anyone who samples them is guaranteed to flourish.

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
The Draft Punk sample made that song with the "Harder, better, faster, stronger" hooks. I credit them for that success more than Kanye.

Kanye has talent, but not enough to substantiated his eccentricities. He's turned himself into a walking punchline.

I know which song he used....honestly i think harder better faster stronger is better than around the world

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
I know which song he used....honestly i think harder better faster stronger is better than around the world

fpRotH8INNM

game. set. and match.

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
That doesn't count...i'm talking about original versions not bad ass remixes

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM
That doesn't count...i'm talking about original versions not bad ass remixes

well that is a remix by daft punk so, it is a song of theirs, ergo it does count.

wogitalia
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM
honestly i think harder better faster stronger is better than around the world

No way... Around the World was the pinnacle of their career. Only other song of theirs comparable is Da Funk and thats basically Around the World without lyrics. Better, Faster, Stronger was just annoying, not One More Time annoying, but annoying. Kanye's version was no better, but Kanye's was a smash and the original was not, so he obviously did something right.

wogitalia
09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
It all depends on where you are how relavent something is. There are all types of different people in this world, and to some, country is more relavent than hip hop, as well as the other way around.

Maybe to some, but no reasonable person could argue that a country music star is going to be bigger than a hip hop star. The biggest country star is only on the same level as a middling hip hop star. For instance, Kid Cudi is a fair bit bigger in Europe, Asia and Australia than Taylor Swift(I'm guessing she is the biggest country star right now?) and Kid Cudi only just released his first album. I dare say he is bigger in Africa as well but I honestly can't confirm it.

You can find someone, somewhere who will think something is more relevant than the rest of the world, but that doesn't make it more relevant and the simple fact is that Hip Hop is much bigger and more relevant right now than Country music and the trend is widening that gap.

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 11:04 PM
No way... Around the World was the pinnacle of their career. Only other song of theirs comparable is Da Funk and thats basically Around the World without lyrics. Better, Faster, Stronger was just annoying, not One More Time annoying, but annoying. Kanye's version was no better, but Kanye's was a smash and the original was not, so he obviously did something right.

Ahem. asd;fjasfnnoe

fpRotH8INNM

game. set. and match.

Raiderz4Life
09-16-2009, 12:40 AM

You kidding me??? Around the world was incredibly annoying after a while and gets boring after a while as well...I've gotten through the whole song maybe once or twice. Harder,Batter, Faster, Stronger was/is a better song and it wasn't successful??? It peaked at no. 3 on the US Hot Club/Dance Top 50 and Da Funk is a good song. One More Time sounded like grocery store music to me.

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 01:01 AM
You kidding me??? Around the world was incredibly annoying after a while and gets boring after a while as well...I've gotten through the whole song maybe once or twice. Harder,Batter, Faster, Stronger was/is a better song and it wasn't successful??? It peaked at no. 3 on the US Hot Club/Dance Top 50 and Da Funk is a good song. One More Time sounded like grocery store music to me.

One More Time and Around the World are good songs if you don't over play them. Harder, Better, Faster, Sronger is just a beastly song on the otherhand. Although that remix I posted above is still my favorite song they've made.

wogitalia
09-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Around the world was incredibly annoying after a while and gets boring after a while as well...I've gotten through the whole song maybe once or twice. Harder,Batter, Faster, Stronger was/is a better song and it wasn't successful??? It peaked at no. 3 on the US Hot Club/Dance Top 50 and Da Funk is a good song. One More Time sounded like grocery store music to me.

I prefer around the world, hbfs is to me as atw is to you obviously, because I can't stand it or listen through it. Personally I always found Daft Punk to be massively overrated, similar to Foo Fighters to me, I just don't like the vast majority of their songs at all, I actually would say I dislike the majority. Peaking at #3 on one of the offshoot charts is solid, it is not a smash or big achievement, at least not compared to Kanye's version which was a worldwide smash.

I will listen to that remix when I get home, no audio at work.

nrk
09-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Needs more
rBbasXXtrXw
ROBOT ROCK

Rooo
09-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Put him on Death Row.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-16-2009, 07:23 AM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhM307h6249r96v8ac

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
rumors West is on suicide watch.

http://www.eontarionow.com/entertainment/2009/09/15/kanye-west-on-suicide-watching-following-taylor-swift-incident-reports/

wogitalia
09-16-2009, 10:41 AM
rumors West is on suicide watch.

Wow is he media savvy or what. Hadn't been much talk about him lately, his last album was complete **** and he just dropped probably the best verse of his career on Run This Town, so now he is making sure that everyone hears it and knows who he is. The guy is just playing the media like a dream, got to admire that.

TitleTown088
09-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Daft Punk is awesome. Glad do hear you guys listen to them.

Crickett
09-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Daft Punk is awesome. Glad do hear you guys listen to them.

Daft Punk? Pfft, who listens to music like that anymore?

*hides Freq Beats CD*

vidae
09-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I had heard the name and knew sh was a country singer but wouldn't of been able to pick her out of a line up or tell you what song she sings. She should thank Kanye For the amount of exposure she's received after this incident.

Wait, wut?

Someone posted some stats earlier, something like she sold more than he did all last year and has the best selling cd in 2009?

She didn't need any help from a tard like Kanye at all. Looked like she was doing fine on her own already.

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Wait, wut?

Someone posted some stats earlier, something like she sold more than he did all last year and has the best selling cd in 2009?

She didn't need any help from a tard like Kanye at all. Looked like she was doing fine on her own already.

Exactly, just because someone one here hasn't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't popular, lol.

Raiderz4Life
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Exactly, just because someone one here hasn't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't popular, lol.

Just cuz fickle teenage girls buy your albums doesn't mean you're good either...

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Just cuz fickle teenage girls buy your albums doesn't mean you're good either...

Never said that, but it does mean that she is popular. I however like her songs, so step off!
JK man, lol.

Forenci
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
This thread is still going on? Impressive.

I don't see what the big deal is to be honest. Was it a douche bag move? Sure. But honestly, some people (not saying anyone here) are acting like he interupted her getting a humanity award or a Nobell Peace prize. It's not that much of an issue, really.

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM

I don't see what the big deal is to be honest. Was it a douche bag move? Sure. But honestly, some people (not saying anyone here) are acting like he interupted her getting a humanity award or a Nobell Peace prize. It's not that much of an issue, really.

Foo, this thread is now about the awesomeness that is DAFT PUNK.

nrk
09-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Wow is he media savvy or what. Hadn't been much talk about him lately, his last album was complete **** and he just dropped probably the best verse of his career on Run This Town, so now he is making sure that everyone hears it and knows who he is. The guy is just playing the media like a dream, got to admire that.

You have to admire him faking a suicide watch for media attention? That is ********. I hate Kanye so much, from his music to his douchebag self.

Raiderz4Life
09-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Never said that, but it does mean that she is popular. I however like her songs, so step off!
JK man, lol.

Its ok...I like Carrie Underwood 8D I dont see much relevance in that but they both sing country and both are blondes....so yea lol

Raiderz4Life
09-16-2009, 12:04 PM

Yea man...you're so 1st page. Daft Punk took over at around page 6 or 7

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Its ok...I like Carrie Underwood 8D I dont see much relevance in that but they both sing country and both are blondes....so yea lol

No arguments here, none at all. Can't go wrong with either in my book, lol.

D-Unit
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I thought Kanye kind of looked funny because he looked short standing next to Taylor. :p

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I thought Kanye kind of looked funny because he looked short standing next to Taylor. :p

She is pretty tall, though. She was a model or something before she hit it big in music.

tjsunstein
09-16-2009, 01:32 PM
http://www.onlineseats.com/upload/concerts/3142_con_Taylor%20Swift1.jpeg

Or

http://stylebell.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/carrie-underwood.jpg

Go.

Paul
09-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Underwood without a doubt.

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 01:40 PM

Or

Go.

Done...............

Vikes99ej
09-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Meh, give me Swift.

Brothgar
09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Both! ... I WIN!

T-RICH49
09-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Both! ... I WIN!

curse you for stealing my anwser

Forenci
09-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Foo, this thread is now about the awesomeness that is DAFT PUNK.

Superb. This thread is officially more awesome then.

LizardState
09-16-2009, 02:00 PM
She is pretty tall, though. She was a model or something before she hit it big in music.

Yes Taylor Swift is a pop-country crossover artist, she straddles that fence. And tjsunstein would love to be that fence.

And she's only like 20, so hell yes she has a great future in front of her. And yes she's goddess-gorgeous, the signature hair look seems too curling iron-dependent though....

I'm so Page 1 of this highly evolved thread, but I still don't think Swift deserved that kind of national TV bitchslap.

I'm Capt. Obvious & I approved this msg.

YAYareaRB
09-16-2009, 02:04 PM

AND

Go.

OH YEAAAHHHHH!!!

The Unseen
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Underwood FTMFW

MetSox17
09-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Carrie Underwood and it's not even closed.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I would hit Taylor Swift while listening to Kanye's graduation!!!!

YAYareaRB
09-16-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.stylecaster.com/member_files/size/454x/blog_files/Beyonce-Knowles-sb01.jpg

Sorry Taylor.. I'm happy for you and I'm gonna finish on your stomach but...

MetSox17
09-16-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.stylecaster.com/member_files/size/454x/blog_files/Beyonce-Knowles-sb01.jpg

Sorry Taylor.. I'm happy for you and I'm gonna finish on your stomach but...

Too bad they photoshopped the hell out of that picture and Beyonce really doesn't look like that.

skarocksoi
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM
http://10.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kq1274hAs91qa3i8uo1_500.jpg

Found on this website. Pretty funny stuff.

http://kanyegate.tumblr.com/

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 02:53 PM
http://9.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kq2oqcHHY71qa3i8uo1_500.jpg
ODB FTMFW

although that site has a lot of lame pics.

CC.SD
09-16-2009, 03:05 PM
The next MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION should be Kanye vs. Buffalo lawn vandals.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Too bad they photoshopped the hell out of that picture and Beyonce really doesn't look like that.

Regardless if that is what she really looks like or not she is WAY hotter than Swift and Underwood. I would let Beyonce do teRRiblle things to me.

YAYareaRB
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Regardless if that is what she really looks like or not she is WAY hotter than Swift and Underwood. I would let Beyonce do teRRiblle things to me.

Would you let her take a dump on your chest?

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Would you let her take a dump on your chest?

been there, done that. R/W/O would let her poop in his mouth.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-16-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.allhiphop.com/photos/storage/1000.3143.21939966.batmanandrobingirl.jpg
http://www.allhiphop.com/photos/storage/1000.3143.21939959.lilmamajesus.jpg
http://www.allhiphop.com/photos/storage/1000.3143.21939953.ballgamemama.jpg
http://www.allhiphop.com/photos/flicks/images/21939365/425x319.aspx
http://www.allhiphop.com/photos/flicks/images/21940114/500x288.aspx
http://www.allhiphop.com/photos/flicks/images/21939538/425x225.aspx

Babylon
09-16-2009, 03:23 PM

Short and stupid.

TitleTown088
09-16-2009, 03:31 PM
http://www.allhiphop.com/photos/flicks/images/21939538/425x225.aspx

Whoever made that one failed Badly, historically speaking.

MetSox17
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Those Kanye memes are really not funny at all. The only one i actually laughed at was the Kim K sex tape one.

The Unseen
09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
http://19.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kq2zj3dfX61qa3i8uo1_500.jpg

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Those Kanye memes are really not funny at all. The only one i actually laughed at was the Kim K sex tape one.

I thought the ODB one's good to.

The Unseen
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
http://8.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kq2xr97Bnr1qa3i8uo1_500.jpg

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 03:59 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Unseen again.

CJSchneider
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/8nrA-jx6XEdl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/J0nik7AMYkXl.jpg

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/8nrA-jx6XEdl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/J0nik7AMYkXl.jpg

haha, saw both of these on facebook earlier. These two are my favorites...

YAYareaRB
09-16-2009, 04:34 PM

thank you, thank you

SuperKevin
09-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Actually she was in a kids only sketch comedy show called Theater Kids or something like that.

Sniper
09-16-2009, 07:59 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/i1jshs.jpg

Hurricanes25
09-16-2009, 08:00 PM

Thats great. So full of win.

wogitalia
09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Love the Barkley one.

The Unseen
09-16-2009, 08:45 PM

omg lol that's great

CJSchneider
09-16-2009, 10:06 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kq30l1qIfg1qa3i8uo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1253243133&Signature=3Ekio0BNsrXoXXFb8dzpaiY%2FYfo%3D

Stupid, but I found it funny.

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Actually she was in a kids only sketch comedy show called Theater Kids or something like that.

Really, didn't know that. I know she modelled for Abercrobie and Fitch, or one of those companies. Busy girl...

General Zod
09-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Like the sig? lol

Sniper
09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Like the sig? lol

No. Your spelling angers me.