PDA

View Full Version : The Race to the #1 Pick

Pages : [1] 2

drowe
09-14-2009, 09:17 AM
We did this last year and it was fun. seems appropriate on a draft site.

I think the Rams are the clear front runners right now. shut out by a team that picked in the top 5 last year. looks pretty grim in St. Louis.

The Bengals are a team to watch too. scoring 7 points agains Denver is just brutal.

Notredameleo
09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Lions....discussion over....sigh

JFLO
09-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm having a feeling that the skid the Panthers started yesterday is going to last a bit longer than they want. Maybe not 1st pick, but Top 10 status.

The Rams look awful as do the Broncos and Browns.

Cleveland started off decent, but it was clear that Brady Quinn was struggling as the game went along.

Also, a team that did win yesterday but I still think has some deep development to go through is the Saints. They gave up 27 points to the Lions at home? That doesn't sound right to me.

keylime_5
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Well it looks like a Lions/Rams battle again. But a lot changes over a 16 game season. Injuries will probably screw some other team into the discussion.

ThePudge
09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
After what happened to the Bengals yesterday, I am not so sure that their Bengal luck won't last all year. Keep Cincinnati in the conversation.

St. Louis and Detroit still aren't good.

brat316
09-14-2009, 09:39 AM
hmmm my top 5 right now in no order

1. Rams
2. Bengals
3. Panthers
4. Lions
5. Probably Buffalo but they have still to play/ maybe NE if oakland ends up being garbage.

This is the first week so by week 6 we should have a better image of who is going top 5.

Nalej
09-14-2009, 09:44 AM
The Pats don't have the Raider's 1st round pick this year... it's the 2011 1st rounder

LizardState
09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Denver as expected looked like crap except for that lucky deflection for a TD. Can't see that kind of freakish luck holding all yr.

FuzzyGopher
09-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Do the panthers even have a 1st next year? I thought they traded it for a 2nd rounder and took Everette Brown.

JFLO
09-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Do the panthers even have a 1st next year? I thought they traded it for a 2nd rounder and took Everette Brown.

Yea, they traded it to San Fran.

abaddon41_80
09-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Contenders entirely based off of yesterday, in no particular order,

Rams - Did they do anything right yesterday?
Bengals - I don't think the Broncos defense is good...
Broncos - Substitute Bengals for Broncos above
Lions - They fought ard but still looked awful
Bears - Does Cutler know he is on the Bears, not the Packers?
Panthers - lol Delhomme is all that needs to be said
Texans - Where was their offense?

brat316
09-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Okay so I forgot about traded 1st round picks so here is my new top five with picks

1.Rams
2. Seahawks from Denver
3.49ers from panthers
4. Lions
5. Bengals
I still got Buffalo and Oakland in the mix.

crites09
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Contenders entirely based off of yesterday, in no particular order,

Bengals - I don't think the Broncos defense is good...
Broncos - Substitute Bengals for Broncos above

If you watched the game which I doubt you did, the Bronco's offense was brutal. Before that play, the defense had allowed just 215 yards and nine first downs. So I mean the Bengals D did fine and are/was one of the few bright spots.

But to answer the Question:

Lions, Bengals, Rams, Broncos, Brows, Raiders...

That's probably your bottom 6 right there lol

vidae
09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
No one mentioned the Chiefs! Sweet!

tjsunstein
09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
1. Detroit Lions
2. St. Louis Rams
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Seattle Seahawks via Denver Broncos
5. Oakland Raiders
6. Jacksonville Jaguars
7. Kansas City Chiefs

Crickett
09-14-2009, 10:48 AM
No one mentioned the Chiefs! Sweet!

The Chiefs have Dustin Colquitt alone, that alone makes them better than at least 3 other teams listed.

Dustin Colquitt > Jordyzzz

tjsunstein
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Dustin Colquitt > Jordyzzz

Erroneous. No one shall ever speak such nonsense.

Jordyzzz>Everyone

Rob S
09-14-2009, 11:53 AM
I really, really expect the Bills to suck. I had been thinking 8-8, but the pre season was god awful and the OL looks even worse than I have imagined.

brat316
09-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I really, really expect the Bills to suck. I had been thinking 8-8, but the pre season was god awful and the OL looks even worse than I have imagined.

hey you never know...they might put it together like the Chiefs line did.

Though Bills don't have Todd Haliey so then again they may not.

T-RICH49
09-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Erroneous. No one shall ever speak such nonsense.

Jordyzzz>Everyone

how dare you disrespect the name Colquitt

Colquittzzz > society

tjsunstein
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
how dare you disrespect the name Colquitt

Colquittzzz > society

Jordyzzz>Colquittzzz>Society>Cutler>Delhomme?

yo123
09-14-2009, 01:27 PM
The Lions were 0-16 last year and are starting a rookie QB that wasn't supposed to be ready to start this year. I don't see how they aren't the frontrunners, although St. Louis losing by four TD's to the Seahawks doesn't help their case at all.

FlyingElvis
09-14-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm going to go with Buffalo, too. That O-line looked terrible through 4 preseason games. They have a bunch of youth there that could improve dramatically over the course of a season but they really would need to improve dramatically to even be mediocre.

I don't believe for a second the Rams are a good team, but I believe the Seahawks were major underachievers last season. I'm not surprised by Seattle's solid play on both sides of the ball yesterday.

The contenders for top pick (even if they may have traded said pick) in no particular order are: Bills, Browns, Rams, Broncos, Lions & Bucs.

vikes_28
09-14-2009, 01:37 PM
top 5 picks go to...

Oakland
Detroit
St. Louis
Seattle from Denver
Cincy

yodabear
09-14-2009, 01:39 PM
The Rams are making the playoffs, u all look silly. I got the #1 pick going to the Lions again.

FlyingElvis
09-14-2009, 01:40 PM
The Rams are making the playoffs, u all look silly. I got the #1 pick going to the Lions again.

You're still supporting them?

Must be early in the season. lol

AkiliSmith
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Cincy was clearly a better team than Denver yesterday. The offense played well in spurts but 7 drops and penalties on 3rd down really killed them. I expect the offense to pick up and start scoring more very soon.

Palmer only played a few series of preseason so he was still a little rusty. Add in Smith over revolving door Collins (who gave up 2 sacks yesterday) and the line looks a lot better.

Their defense looked really damn good other than the fluke 87 yd ******* catch to end the ******* game.

I don't expect Cincy to make the playoffs but I really doubt they are picking top 10 again next year.

Babylon
09-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Would have to disect the schedules to figure #1 but it's been clear to me for awhile that the draft doesnt bring parity like it should. Can't see the Rams, Lions or Panthers winning too many games.

HawkeyeFan
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Rams were plagued with penalties that stalled several drives. Without those penalties, the game would have been closer. The defense also played pretty well, it just got tired, it happens.

SuperMcGee
09-14-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm going to go with Buffalo, too. That O-line looked terrible through 4 preseason games. They have a bunch of youth there that could improve dramatically over the course of a season but they really would need to improve dramatically to even be mediocre.

I don't believe for a second the Rams are a good team, but I believe the Seahawks were major underachievers last season. I'm not surprised by Seattle's solid play on both sides of the ball yesterday.

The contenders for top pick (even if they may have traded said pick) in no particular order are: Bills, Browns, Rams, Broncos, Lions & Bucs.

Silly Elvis. You have no idea what you're in for, tonight.

yo123
09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I love how people keep using the "my team commited too many penalties and made stupid mistakes" excuse.

That's part of what makes a team good or bad, the ability to not make stupid mistakes.

HawkeyeFan
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I love how people keep using the "my team commited too many penalties and made stupid mistakes" excuse.

That's part of what makes a team good or bad, the ability to not make stupid mistakes.
Well excuse me for pointing out a fact.

When your implementing a new offense, and your constantly in 2nd and long, and 3rd and long... good luck trying to get ANYTHING going.

Which we did not.

Bengalsrocket
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Would have to disect the schedules to figure #1 but it's been clear to me for awhile that the draft doesnt bring parity like it should. Can't see the Rams, Lions or Panthers winning too many games.

Draft can't do it alone. It's more of a channel or a means to create parity. The teams still have to use it correctly, and then train, prepare and execute correctly.

For many teams, the draft does create parity. Think of teams records before they pick up a RB or a franchise QB in the 1st round alone. Then take into consideration later rounds.

The thing about sports is they have over a thousand different variables that can effect each decade, season or game. Injuries being one of the major ones, and we all know teams would be much different if they didn't lose their franchise quarterback, halfback or linebacker for an entire season at a time.

There just is no realistic way to fix the draft to create more parity =/

yo123
09-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Well excuse me for pointing out a fact.

When your implementing a new offense, and your constantly in 2nd and long, and 3rd and long... good luck trying to get ANYTHING going.

Which we did not.

Then don't get in 2nd and 3rd and long situations. It's that simple. You can't just assume that penalties are going to go away, some teams just make more bonehead plays than others and that's one of the reasons why there are good teams and bad teams.

Bengalsrocket
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM

The difference here though, is that discipline is something you could fix early or mid season fairly easily. The other factors that make a team good or bad (i.e. talent) are much harder to fix mid season.

So yes, if your team committed a lot of penalties, I think it's a decent excuse.

HawkeyeFan
09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Then don't get in 2nd and 3rd and long situations. It's that simple. You can't just assume that penalties are going to go away, some teams just make more bonehead plays than others and that's one of the reasons why there are good teams and bad teams.
You don't get in 2nd and 3rd and long situations? Look at the stats, we sure as hell did too get in those, and I bet our 3rd down average was 3rd and 11 (atleast).

Yes, it does make teams look BAD when it happnes. In no way am I saying that's why we lost, and we're a good team. I'm saying it hurt us a hell of a lot more than anything that game.

It's something you coach, Spagnuolo is a rookie, he's got learning to do. You don't coach your first game in the Regular season perfect as a rookie. You learn and coach to fix mistakes.

yo123
09-14-2009, 02:42 PM
The difference here though, is that discipline is something you could fix early or mid season fairly easily. The other factors that make a team good or bad (i.e. talent) are much harder to fix mid season.

So yes, if your team committed a lot of penalties, I think it's a decent excuse.

If that was the case then penalties wouldn't be an issue in the playoffs or end of the regular season, it's not always easy. The fact is St. Louis got shut out by a mediocre team and only put up 247 total yards, and the Bengals didn't score on a terrible Bronco defense until the third quarter.

HawkeyeFan
09-14-2009, 02:44 PM
If that was the case then penalties wouldn't be an issue in the playoffs or end of the regular season, it's not always easy. The fact is St. Louis got shut out by a mediocre team and only put up 247 totals yards, and the Bengals didn't score on a terrible Bronco defense until the third quarter.
I'm fully aware that we got shut out, and I'm not hiding from it. Nor am I embarassed. Because if you actually watch the game, it's much, much closer than the score shows.

yo123
09-14-2009, 02:45 PM
You don't get in 2nd and 3rd and long situations? Look at the stats, we sure as hell did too get in those, and I bet our 3rd down average was 3rd and 11 (atleast).

Yes, it does make teams look BAD when it happnes. In no way am I saying that's why we lost, and we're a good team. I'm saying it hurt us a hell of a lot more than anything that game.

It's something you coach, Spagnuolo is a rookie, he's got learning to do. You don't coach your first game in the Regular season perfect as a rookie. You learn and coach to fix mistakes.

I never said you didn't get in 3rd and long situations. I said if you want to win games you can't get in those situations

HawkeyeFan
09-14-2009, 02:48 PM
I know, I'm going to negative rep myself for misreading that.

Dicipline is something that is coached, and Incognito is now on his LAST chacne. Spagnuolo and Co. are not afraid of cutting players or trading them (see Torry Holt, Orlando Pace, Chris Draft, Tye Hill). I fully expect a better Rams game next week.

Our secondary actually looks pretty sick.

Shiver
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
The Lions at least have some young talent in Stafford, Megatron and Kevin Smith, what do the Rams have?

BlindSite
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm having a feeling that the skid the Panthers started yesterday is going to last a bit longer than they want. Maybe not 1st pick, but Top 10 status.

The Rams look awful as do the Broncos and Browns.

Cleveland started off decent, but it was clear that Brady Quinn was struggling as the game went along.

Also, a team that did win yesterday but I still think has some deep development to go through is the Saints. They gave up 27 points to the Lions at home? That doesn't sound right to me.

hmmm my top 5 right now in no order

1. Rams
2. Bengals
3. Panthers
4. Lions
5. Probably Buffalo but they have still to play/ maybe NE if oakland ends up being garbage.

This is the first week so by week 6 we should have a better image of who is going top 5.

Colts, Vikings and Dolphins all lost to teams that ended up with top 15 picks in the first week and made the playoffs themselves.

It's the first week. The Panthers don't belong so low on the list. The defense and running game were fine yesterday, Delhomme just couldn't stop throwing picks. Two of them weren't wholly his fault anyway.

I don't like our chances of winning the division but a top 10 pick isn't going to happen. Besides we don't even have a first rounder.

bored of education
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
the Chiefs didn't even look like a top 8 worst team.

superman8456
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Texans suck.....bad.

BlindSite
09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Texans suck.....bad.

Texans, Rams, Browns all looked beyond terrible.

Cincy and Denver both looked bad, not awful, but bad.

There's top 7 right there Houston, Tampa, and Detroit round out my top 10

abaddon41_80
09-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Looking like a sound prediction so far ;)

jth1331
09-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Man, all this hate for the Broncos defense. With what I saw Sunday compared to last year, it was like they had a #1 defense out there. Now, I know they won't be amazing on D, but they sure do look like they will be "respectable" and not so embarrassing out there. With what I mean by respectable, is that yes they will give up yards/points, and not be in the top 10/15, but it won't be a mockery like it has been. At least, I hope so haha.

RaiderNation
09-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Raiders should be taken out of this disscussion for now....

abaddon41_80
09-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Raiders should be taken out of this disscussion for now....

Why? They found a way to lose against in a game they were dominating against a team that was playing awful.

LizardState
09-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Why? They found a way to lose against in a game they were dominating against a team that was playing awful.

The Raiders!

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for 50 years! Pride & Poise, Just Win, Baby!

Same owner for 50 years, How's that for consistency!

No pain like Raiders' fans pain.... Watching Cable in his postgame finishing up with "...& now we have to get ready for KC" is a deja vu endless loop of the past 4-5 HCs, it just never ends.

After Wk. 1 it looks like:

1) Rams - Sheep are offensively impotent, defense going on 7-8 yrs. of not stopping anybody
2) Raiders - See consistency remarks above
3) Lions - There's a talent base to build on but they're a decade away
4) Browns - Everywhere Mangini goes he leaves these steaming piles that you don't want to step in
5) Jaguars - Jack Del Rio, put your For Sale sign out now

Maybe substitute Texans for Jags, Denver could crack the top 5 drafting teams if the dissension continues.

bernbabybern820
09-15-2009, 09:26 AM

Without by far our best receiver.

tjsunstein
09-15-2009, 09:57 AM
You don't take any team out of any discussion after one week. Yet alone, the first week of the season.

wonderbredd24
09-15-2009, 10:04 AM
I think the Raiders and Bills' relative success against the Patriots and Chargers is more a commentary on how poorly they played rather than how well the Raiders and Bills played.

I expect the Chargers and Patriots to get better, but if I'm a fan of either team, I'm concerned.

The Patriots had no impact pass rusher against a team with 3 rookies on their OLine, meanwhile the guy they dealt to Oakland was a one man wrecking crew

The Chargers look soft. That team got pushed around by Oakland

Steve Young tried as delicately as he could to say JaMarcus Russell is a bust or at best, a REALLY long term project and you have Bruce Gradkowski and Charlie Frye behind him. JaMarcus Russell's accuracy makes Derek Anderson look like Drew Brees. To put it simply, you're boned.

As for the Browns, if they go out and lose to Denver this week, they're definitely a contender for the #1 pick, but if you look at the youth of this team and the schedule, their wins are much more likely to come in the second half of the season. Time will tell.

abaddon41_80
09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Without by far our best receiver.

Does it really matter who the Raiders have at WR? Russell can only hit wide-open receivers 1 in every 5 tries.

09-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Does it really matter who the Raiders have at WR? Russell can only hit wide-open receivers 1 in every 5 tries.

Let's not forget the team started two rookie wideouts. Schilens when healthy is arguably Russell's best receiving weapon and the two have developed a great chemistry in the offseason from reports. It wouldn't surprise me if Schilens puts up better numbers than Miller for the rest of the season. DHB has no business being on the field and it's actually amplifying Russell's accuracy issues, imo.

wonderbredd24
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM

JaMarcus Russell is Rick Vaughn pre-glasses

brat316
09-15-2009, 12:38 PM
what about JLH, I thought he was Russell's go to WR.

DeathbyStat
09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Put me down for the Rams and Carlos Dunlap

bernbabybern820
09-15-2009, 03:14 PM

Schillens surpassed him big time this year. 6'4 225 running a 4.38 and 43" vertical who can actually catch the ball and run routes.

661rep
09-15-2009, 03:18 PM

JLH was Russells go to WR by default due to the Raiders WR sucking last year. Russell was off last night, but some of it was not his fault our rookie WR's dropped some passes and ran poor routes. His 1st INT was actually not his fault but Murphy ran a poor route and didn't shield Jammer off. I think once Schillians comes back Russell will improve.

Job
09-15-2009, 06:18 PM

I'm counting 8 here.

BlindSite
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm counting 8 here.

Wow, kids, don't drink and post

CC.SD
09-15-2009, 07:00 PM

I disagree.

jayceheathman
09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Just based on the first game you can throw the Texans in on this list like some have. #1 DE in the league along with Antonio Smith and the Texans couldnt get a sack on a rookie QB. 200 yards or so on 3rd down is pretty sad too. Too bad there is no center worthy of #1 pick status because Chris Myers got absolutely destroyed by Kris Jenkins every single play.

jayceheathman
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm counting 8 here.

If you didnt notice, Houston and Texans are the same team. haha

Giantsfan1080
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM

You counted Houston twice.

jth1331
09-15-2009, 07:12 PM

We can revisit your post here...

1. Texans
2. Rams
3. Browns
4. Cincy
5. Broncos
6. Tampa
7. Detroit

Where are the other 3 teams that round out your top 10?

Sniper
09-15-2009, 07:13 PM
The defense and running game were fine yesterday

2.9 ypc for the running game. 5.8 ypc for the rush defense. What were you saying again?

Job
09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
You counted Houston twice.

Wow that's funny. I was pointing to the fact that he said top ten and didn't have ten teams, only to find out I can't count any better.

GB12
09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
1. Bengals
2. Rams
3. Lions

In that order. I'd be suprised if any other team got it.

bored of education
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Chiefs will not be picking in the top 8!

Job
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I have always been a Chiefs believer.

Bengalsrocket
09-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Lots of people don't believe in the Bengals anymore =/ Guess we'll see!

derza222
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think they'll pull it together and have a solid season. Could be completely off though.

crites09
09-15-2009, 11:12 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I still think they'll pull it together and have a solid season. Could be completely off though.

Well most people just look and see that they lost to Denver and write them off... Earlier in this thread I put Cincy in my bottom 8 based off week 1. But what people didn't see is that Cincy actually had Denver running around all game. The only RB that was doing good for them was Buckhalter and he had a few good runs at best. As far as WR's go they did nothing.. except burn us on a 87 yard touchdown.. But the defense played good overall and had 3 sacks on the #12 Oline last year. The offense was moving the ball between the 30's but nothing after that and Shayne Graham can't kick a FG from beyond the 30

GB12
09-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Well the Broncos were one of their winable games and they blew that one.

Next week they get Green Bay, which will send them to 0-2. Then Pittsburgh, which should send them to 0-3. 0-3 is a great start to getting the #1 pick. Then they go to Cleveland, @ Baltimore, vs Houston, vs Chicago. I think it's definitely possible for them to be winless at their bye, and I don't think they can win more than one of those.

crites09
09-15-2009, 11:38 PM
anything can happen on any given sunday mate ;)

7-11
09-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Reading through this brings me to this question...Is Carson Palmer, through nearly no fault of his own, the biggest waste of quarterbacking talent ever?

Gotta feel for the guy.

Bengalsrocket
09-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Reading through this brings me to this question...Is Carson Palmer, through nearly no fault of his own, the biggest waste of quarterbacking talent ever?

Gotta feel for the guy.

I'm assuming by "waste" you mean he has an awful W/L record for how talented he is. And you're probably right, his talent + wins don't add up. But, a big part of that is luck.

We have 2 of the best AFC teams in our division, a big time injury happens every single year, our draft luck is awful and we can't seem to build a balanced team.

So yes, the Bengals are wasting Palmer's talent. But I'm not giving up on them yet. Every team gets better every week, but I think the Bengals can fix a lot of their problems quickly.

CC.SD
09-16-2009, 12:49 AM

Gotta feel for the guy.

How about, the greatest talent forced to swim in the world's biggest pile of crap from the head of the organization on down?

7-11
09-16-2009, 12:52 AM
How about, the greatest talent forced to swim in the world's biggest pile of crap from the head of the organization on down?

Bengalsrocket, this is pretty mcuh what i meant.

WMD
09-16-2009, 01:02 AM
I got Tampa, Denver, and Detroit as the worst 3.

Bengalsrocket
09-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I don't think the organization is bad though. Mike Brown gets a lot of crap, but almost unnecessarily. Sure we have bad drafts but no more than the next team. You could blame the coaching staff, but most of the top coaches were here when we won the division a few years back (except Zimmer, but I think we can all agree Zimmer has been good for us).

We mostly get screwed by luck. Palmer's knee injury the play offs. Pollack's career ending neck injury. Odell Thurman's unwarranted 2 year suspension. Palmer's elbow injury in 08. 7 Linebackers on the IR in 08. Rudi's 7 or 8 week hamstring injury in 07' (after he rushed for 100 yards in the season opener). Or Chris Perry being awesome in 05, then hurt for most of 06 and all of 07 and then never returning to that 05 form.

And look, I get it, all teams have injuries and stuff they have to deal with. But unfortunately we were a young team and didn't have anyone to step up for us for the last 2-3 years whenever someone went down. But we're not that far removed from a great division winning season, and I don't think it's the organization's fault that we're a bottom tier team at the moment.

abaddon41_80
09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
After the early games I would keep the Rams, Lions, Raiders, and Chiefs towards the top; move the Redskins and Jags closer; and drop the Bengals and Texans out of the race.

holt_bruce81
09-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Rams or Lions.

Rams will probably get the #2 pick for the 3rd year in a row.

Gay Ork Wang
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM

Next week they get Green Bay, which will send them to 0-2. Then Pittsburgh, which should send them to 0-3. 0-3 is a great start to getting the #1 pick. Then they go to Cleveland, @ Baltimore, vs Houston, vs Chicago. I think it's definitely possible for them to be winless at their bye, and I don't think they can win more than one of those.
ha fail prediction

Babylon
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Rams or Lions.

Rams will probably get the #2 pick for the 3rd year in a row.

6 points in two weeks for the Rams. Not good.

Shane P. Hallam
09-20-2009, 04:40 PM

I predicted them to win the division. The Bengals are strong! Damn you Stokley!

crites09
09-20-2009, 05:27 PM
I predicted them to win the division. The Bengals are strong! Damn you Stokley!

That Stokley catch killed me... but today was a proud day to be a Bengals fan. Very few people thought they could beat GB and they played very well today. Hopefully we will stay consistent and put up some more W's.

JFLO
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
The worst team I've had the pleasure of watching through two games has been Detroit. Cleveland would be second, but it's a pretty strong lead by Detroit.

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
The worst team I've had the pleasure of watching through two games has been Detroit. Cleveland would be second, but it's a pretty strong lead by Detroit.

After seeing what's happening in the Cleveland/Denver game, I might rethink this statement........................

P-L
09-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis have to be the top three at this point. If Tampa doesn't improve soon, I could see them entering the conversation.

Shahin
09-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Next week they get Green Bay, which will send them to 0-2. T

Oops?....................

JFLO
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
After seeing what's happening in the Cleveland/Denver game, I might rethink this statement........................

Well, after watching the Denver/Cincinnati game, I thought Denver was awful.

But then Cincinnati comes into Green Bay and wins, then Denver whoops up on Cleveland.

It works out if you think about it, but I see where your coming from.

St. Louis blows too.

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, after watching the Denver/Cincinnati game, I thought Denver was awful.

But then Cincinnati comes into Green Bay and wins, then Denver whoops up on Cleveland.

It works out if you think about it, but I see where your coming from.

St. Louis blows too.

Mind you, I'm not saying Detroit might not be worse than Cleveland, I'm just saying after this performance by Cleveland, I don't think the spread's that big.

Pb&j
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
The big matchup will be Browns-Lions. The pooper-bowl.

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM

Will Derek Anderson be starting by then? Or will Mangini have traded all of his players to the Jets for their scrubs by that point?

MetSox17
09-20-2009, 06:20 PM
The Cleveland Browns are beyond terrible. The Lions have a lot of good pieces, and the offense is on the up and up. Top to bottom, the Browns are just putrid.

yourfavestoner
09-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Jax is surely on the fast track.

abaddon41_80
09-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Bottom 10 teams, in no order,

Bucs
Raiders
Lions
Browns
Chiefs
Raiders
Rams
Jags
Redskins
Broncos/Panthers/Dolphins?

09-20-2009, 06:28 PM
The Cleveland Browns are beyond terrible. The Lions have a lot of good pieces, and the offense is on the up and up. Top to bottom, the Browns are just putrid.

Listen to this man. He knows what's up. I gotta second this.

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Bottom 10 teams, in no order,

Bucs
Raiders
Lions
Browns
Chiefs
Raiders
Rams
Jags
Redskins
Broncos/Panthers/Dolphins?

The Raiders are bad enough they get on there twice huh? I agree.....................

abaddon41_80
09-20-2009, 06:31 PM
My bad. (10 char)

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 06:32 PM
My bad. (10 char)

I'm just messing with you dude. Hey, I said I agreed!

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM

After seeing Cleveland today, I find it hard to disagree. The only guy that did anything was Edwards, and then they'd stop looking at him as soon as they crossed the 50. Or else Quinn would just check down for fear of possibly throwing a pick. The second coming of Joey Harrington, I'm telling you, and I'm going to keep saying it all year.

Saints-Tigers
09-20-2009, 06:39 PM
The Lions don't feel nearly as futile as last year.

PoopSandwich
09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
browns or rams for the #1 pick.

Timbathia
09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I love this thread. Each week, whoever Denver beats get anointed as the worst team in the NFL (and Denver still remains in everyones top 5 worst NFL teams).

Next week it will be the Raiders who are the new worst team in the NFL.

RaiderNation
09-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Browns are in the lead in my book right now. Top 5 looks like..
Browns
Rams
Lions
Chiefs
Bucs

JFLO
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM
The Lions don't feel nearly as futile as last year.

No, they definitely are still as futile as last year.

They came out in the second half looking like a Pop-Warner team. Matt Stafford is a good piece of the puzzle, but he looked rattled all game long and was constantly being threatened by the pass rush. The defensive front seven only got a couple good hurries on Favre.

jballa838
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
9 are still winless:
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Carolina
St. Louis
Miami (0-1)
Cleveland
Tennessee
Jacksonville
Kansas City

reorder as you please.

from most likely to least likely:
1. Detroit
2. Kansas City
3. Cleveland
4. St. Louis
5. Tampa Bay
6. Carolina
7. Miami
8. Jacksonville
9. Tennessee

with notable 1-1 teams including:
Buffalo
Houston
Cincinnati
Oakland

CJSchneider
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Rams
Lions
Browns

Are my current bottom 3.

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
No, they definitely are still as futile as last year.

They came out in the second half looking like a Pop-Warner team. Matt Stafford is a good piece of the puzzle, but he looked rattled all game long and was constantly being threatened by the pass rush. The defensive front seven only got a couple good hurries on Favre.

Not that I'm trying to stick up for the Lions or anything, but they did get 3 sacks from the front seven.

jballa838
09-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Carolina is my sleeper pick. -36 through 2 games is atrocious.

Bengalsrocket
09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I love this thread. Each week, whoever Denver beats get anointed as the worst team in the NFL (and Denver still remains in everyones top 5 worst NFL teams).

Next week it will be the Raiders who are the new worst team in the NFL.

To be fair, if Cinci had lost this week everyone would still be talking about how hopeless they are and possibly the #1 overall pick.

LizardState
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM

They look like a Mangini-run team allright. Dead heat between them & the J-ville Jags for 1st coach to be fired this season or the #1 pick.

T-RICH49
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
considering our next 4 games are vs the NFC East we could be 0-7 heading to the bye

The Unseen
09-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Jaguars.

Play Texans and Titans next. Our pass defense is horrendous, and our offense is anemic.

AkiliSmith
09-20-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm curious who the Browns would pick if they get the 1st pick. Would they be crazy enough to take another QB? Would they take a RT #1? McCoy, Berry or even Dunlap?

P-L
09-20-2009, 08:20 PM
That would be an interesting scenario. I don't think Dunlap is worth that high of a pick, especially if they are going to stick him in the 3-4. I also don't believe you take a safety that high, regardless of who he is. For #1 money, you'd have to take defensive line or quarterback.

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm curious who the Browns would pick if they get the 1st pick. Would they be crazy enough to take another QB? Would they take a RT #1? McCoy, Berry or even Dunlap?

They'll trade back to the second round for a 4th and 7th round pick in 2014.............................

DJC
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
McCoy all the way. I wouldn't be surprised with a QB if someone actually steps up and looks #1 worthy. And Dunlap doesn't even look like a 1st round prospect at this point, much less the #1 pick.

PoopSandwich
09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
McCoy all the way. I wouldn't be surprised with a QB if someone actually steps up and looks #1 worthy. And Dunlap doesn't even look like a 1st round prospect at this point, much less the #1 pick.

We need so much I have no idea what we would do...

We need to get an offensive player really bad, we need a stud running back, a right tackle, another option at receiver (Unless they want to start playing robiskie or massaquoi...)

I would start Anderson, he really never was as bad as people made him out to be, and with a decent offensive line he can be very good.

aNYtitan
09-20-2009, 11:31 PM
WooHoo Titans are going for Eric Berry right now, create a defense with a 3 safety set. Tell Griffin and Hope to cover the intermediate section of the field and Berry will cover the rest.

I ain't jumped the ship yet

Brent
09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Carolina is my sleeper pick. -36 through 2 games is atrocious.
I'm just glad that we have their first rounder.

the decider13
09-21-2009, 12:16 AM
We need so much I have no idea what we would do...

We need to get an offensive player really bad, we need a stud running back, a right tackle, another option at receiver (Unless they want to start playing robiskie or massaquoi...)

I would start Anderson, he really never was as bad as people made him out to be, and with a decent offensive line he can be very good.

Hmmm...I guess McCoy would be the best bet at first. It's been a long time since a RB or WR have gone first and I don't see any extremely special players this year.

cribbsjosh
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Browns by far. What they go 6 games w/out a offensive touchdown last year and trade winslow, one of their best weapons in the offseason? They could've adressed their offense better in the draft or free-agency. Stallworth's case didn't help much either. :confused:

FlyingElvis
09-21-2009, 10:06 AM
The Lions look so much better this year but it doesn't take much to look better than the record setting, 32nd ranked-in-so-many-categories-I-can't-list-all.
This is a solid bet. When is this choice matchup?

They look like a Mangini-run team allright. Dead heat between them & the J-ville Jags for 1st coach to be fired this season or the #1 pick.

Yeah, as long as the have Mangini it won't matter who they select. And I couldn't be happier for any team employing that choda. Hypocrite, douchenozzle extraordinaire. I was shocked he was able to find a HC job and I will be shocked if he manages to keep it all season.

Jax & Tennessee jumped up the charts this weekend. Frankly, I couldn't be happier about that since NE has each team's 2nd rounder next year. We'll need it to fill all the LB & OLine holes. Which means BB will trade all the picks away and draft a DL and QB. :rolleyes:

abaddon41_80
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Bottom 10 after week 3 in no order

Browns
Rams
Raiders
Chiefs
Lions
Bucs
Redskins
Texans
Titans
Seahawks

Jags, Dolphins, Panthers, Broncos, and Bills round out the bottom 15.

NIN1984
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Browns, Bucs, Chiefs, Raiders, Lions and Rams.

one of those teams will have to give some rookie 70 million dollars.

vikes_28
09-27-2009, 08:45 PM
It might be close to that for all of the teams...

wonderbredd24
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Gerald McCoy or Eric Berry, here we come

Hurricanes25
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
The Browns are going to win the race to the # 1 pick.

keylime_5
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Rams and Browns worst two teams so far for certain imo.

CC.SD
09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Titans still don't belong in this thread, they will play themselves out of the bottom ten for sure.

RaiderNation
09-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I kind of hope we get the 1st pick so we might think about drafting a real QB. You know, one that can complete a few passes

Pat Sims 90
09-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I kind of hope we get the 1st pick so we might think about drafting a real QB. You know, one that can complete a few passes

NO Raiders if Al Davis is still alive after the season will do what they always do and draft whoever has a good 40 time So Hopefully McCoy or Bradford runs a fast 40 for u guys

P-L
09-27-2009, 10:36 PM
There is still plenty of time left, but the Browns just look so bad.

Hurricanes25
09-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Does anybody think that the Browns go 0-16? I honestly think they are worse than last years Lions team.

Pat Sims 90
09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Does anybody think that the Browns go 0-16? I honestly think they are worse than last years Lions team.

i could see it but watch them beat Pittsburgh and Browns Fans would love Mangenius and will not want him fired

Chucky
09-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I really ******* hope the Bucs get Gerald McCoy(i would be happy with Eric Berry as well)

RaiderNation
09-27-2009, 10:46 PM
NO Raiders if Al Davis is still alive after the season will do what they always do and draft whoever has a good 40 time So Hopefully McCoy or Bradford runs a fast 40 for u guys

Russell didnt have a fast 40... the qb just has to be able to throw the ball far. Hopefully we get lucky and the guy is some what accurate to

703SKINS202
09-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Sam Bradford?

aNYtitan
09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Its real sad to see that Titans at this part of the season. Made this argument on the titans board, but there is a good chance that we go into our bye week at 1-5. We play the Jags next, then the Colts then the Pats, and with our pass defense so far, we can get lit up in those two games.

Hurricanes25
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Its real sad to see that Titans at this part of the season. Made this argument on the titans board, but there is a good chance that we go into our bye week at 1-5. We play the Jags next, then the Colts then the Pats, and with our pass defense so far, we can get lit up in those two games.

The sad thing is, you guys can be very easily 3-0. The Titans have a tough schedule.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-27-2009, 11:45 PM
It's pretty good that after 3 weeks, the only thing Denver is losing is Seattle's race to the #1 pick :D

aNYtitan
09-27-2009, 11:56 PM
The sad thing is, you guys can be very easily 3-0. The Titans have a tough schedule.

Yup, lost the 3 games by a combined 13 points...thats what happens in football. Just got to go out there and beat the Jags

vidae
09-28-2009, 01:57 AM
We're showing flashes but us with the #1 pick wouldn't surprise me. There is no doubt in my mind that we're looking at a top 5 pick again and I don't see how it isn't an offensive lineman or rush linebacker. Our offensive line is a poopsock and our pass rush is non existent, once again.

Halsey
09-28-2009, 02:43 AM
The Rams shouldn't pass on another potential franchise QB in 2010. Bulger and Kyle Boller aren't going to lead anyone anywhere.

no bare feet
09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
KC, StL, Detroit, Skins are in the running

DiG
09-28-2009, 09:23 AM
KC, StL, Detroit, Skins are in the running

how can you forget cleveland??

Bottom Feeder Ranking:

1. Rams
2. Browns
3. Chiefs
4. Bucs
5. Raiders
6. Skins
7. Lions
8. Panthers?
8. Seahawks?
9. Dolphins?

I do think the Lions will finish with a worse record than the Skins but they just beat the Skins so for now they get the nod.

no bare feet
09-28-2009, 09:25 AM
how can you forget cleveland??

Bottom Feeder Ranking:

1. Rams
2. Browns
3. Chiefs
4. Bucs
5. Raiders
6. Skins
7. Lions
8. Panthers?
8. Seahawks?
9. Dolphins?

I do think the Lions will finish with a worse record than the Skins but they just beat the Skins so for now they get the nod.

I forgot about the Browns. Wow, I apologize. They are in the lead and look like a Keynian marathoner.

drowe
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I think, as of now it's a 5-horse race.

Rams
Chiefs
Bucs
Browns
Skins

-Rams were my frontrunner all year, but they showed some signs of life against the Packers. I was slightly impressed with their secondary. and S-Jax really is a beast. But, they also lost to a pretty lousy Redskins team. It'll really all come down to their meeting with the Lions.

-Bucs might be my new frontrunner. An anemic offense and TERRIBLY banged up secondary. Plus, they play in a tough division.

-Chiefs seem to have absolutely nothing to be excited about right now. And they already lost to the Raiders once. That was one of their best chances to get a win.

-Browns were dealt a big blow when the Bengals announced that they didn't completlely suck. they're gonna be very hard pressed to get a divisional win. Again, it'll all come down to their date with the Lions.

-Skins were very lucky they beat the Rams. Might be their best chance at a win all year. Not sure what's up with Haynesworth either, but, yikes..things are looking grim in DC.

keylime_5
09-28-2009, 09:53 AM

meh....to be fair the Vikings, Broncos, and Ravens are a combined 9-0 so far and the Ravens might be the best team in the NFL right now. I think the defense has some potential and they'll win at least 3. Schedule gets easier eventually.

drowe
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
meh....to be fair the Vikings, Broncos, and Ravens are a combined 9-0 so far and the Ravens might be the best team in the NFL right now. I think the defense has some potential and they'll win at least 3. Schedule gets easier eventually.

yeah, i think if anybody has a shot at the perfect season, it's Tampa Bay. A terrible pass defense and an offense like that is a pretty bad combo. A team would almost have to try to lose to them.

CC.SD
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM

Wait wait, I've seen this one before...this is the part where they insert Vince Young! :D

yodabear
09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
The Rams are still gonna win two games. NO ONE is going winless. We will trip some1 up at home or something......

FlyingElvis
09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I think the Buccaneers have to get the bump and become the favorite to land the #1 pick.

The offense and defense is weak and they play in a division full of strong offensive teams plus they face the NFC and AFC East this year. Ouch. A bad, bad team with an incredibly tough schedule. I think we find the answer when the Bucs head north to Washington next weekend.

Cleveland can't be overlooked but they will have a few winnable games on their schedule. The Rams have a better D than the Browns and Jackson will beast the Rams to the win in 3 games. He's a 100 yard back every week even when they suck.

1. Bucs
2. Browns
3. Redskins
4. Rams
5. Raiders

I will mention my belief that, yet again this year, the Dolphins are vastly overrated. Every year they get the award for "Football Analysts Most Verbally Fellated Team" and last year was the 1 time in 5 years they've lived up to the hype. They will have a top 10 pick.

AkiliSmith
09-28-2009, 12:17 PM
So who's going to be the #1 pick?

If the Rams pick first: Sam Bradford
Browns: Gerald McCoy
Bucs: Russell Okung or McCoy
Lions: Okung or McCoy
Chiefs: ??? Maybe Okung and put Albert at LG or RT? Tough one.
Redskins: Bradford or Okung
Raiders: Okung, McCoy or Taylor Mays (half joking)

Job
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't know about the Bucs. If Raheem Morris wakes up and realizes Josh Johnson should be starting, I think he can win them a couple of games with his physical abilities alone, a la Vince Young or Mike Vick before. The Bucs' O was like night and day with JJ instead of the slow Leftwich.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't know about the Bucs. If Raheem Morris wakes up and realizes Josh Johnson should be starting, I think he can win them a couple of games with his physical abilities alone, a la Vince Young, Mike Vick before. The Bucs' O was like night and day with JJ instead of the slow Leftwich.

Josh Johnson is the starter now. Byron is 3rd on the depth chart starting sunday.

Job
09-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Great. I was afraid they'd never start him in fear of Freeman becoming a wasted pick. Then I don't think they'll get the first pick. I've had the Chiefs all the way and am standing by it, though the Browns are horrible right now.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Although I do believe Morris truly likes Josh Johnson, Freeman is still the future. He's starting Johnson instead in hopes of him performing well and turning him into a pick at the end of the year.

09-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Wait wait, I've seen this one before...this is the part where they insert Vince Young! :D

I was going to post a pic of one of his TDs vs. USC... but this is just so much better

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/vince_young_par1764_large-copy.jpg

aNYtitan
09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I was going to post a pic of one of his TDs vs. USC... but this is just so much better

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/vince_young_par1764_large-copy.jpg

Thats the man right there, he knows how to party big time. Hey after this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3jbtnR3pkbw/SMlkSW_9zgI/AAAAAAAAARY/zy2NQ2wUid0/s400/Youngtexas.jpg
He has a pass, but its running out. Eventually you have to produce in the pros, and I think he needs to be back in. Yesterday shows you what happens when you need a game manger to go out there and win you a game (not all on Collins cause WR's had some timely drops, but still 17 straight incompletions is unacceptable)

09-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Thats the man right there, he knows how to party big time. Hey after this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3jbtnR3pkbw/SMlkSW_9zgI/AAAAAAAAARY/zy2NQ2wUid0/s400/Youngtexas.jpg
He has a pass, but its running out. Eventually you have to produce in the pros, and I think he needs to be back in. Yesterday shows you what happens when you need a game manger to go out there and win you a game (not all on Collins cause WR's had some timely drops, but still 17 straight incompletions is unacceptable)

Wow 17 straight? I had no idea. It's definitely time to give VY another shot IMO. I hear he looked good in the pre-season. I like Vince Young, I didn't like how overrated he was his first 2 years, but now that his hype train is gone and there's no 06 QB rivalry on my side, it's time to bring back that Rose Bowl magic!!

CC.SD
09-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Rose bowl bs aside, it's not like Young hasn't taken a Titan team left for dead and injected some serious life into them before.

RaiderNation
09-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I wish Oakland would try and make a deal for Young, he has to be better than Russell. Plus he gives us another running threat

aNYtitan
09-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Rose bowl bs aside, it's not like Young hasn't taken a Titan team left for dead and injected some serious life into them before.

Yup, see Volek as the incumbent QB that was also sort of a crappy game manager QB. Its up to Fisher in the end, because Bud Adams does want to see him out on the field (He gave VY a vote of confidence this offseason). He has looked better passing the ball, but at sometimes he just looked awful, making horrible reads or just locking onto receivers. However, he still has that game changing ability to scramble out of the pocket and make plays in the open field. Him and Chris Johnson out of the spread formation could be filthy.

However, we are on a pace to go 0-16 right now! We have to get rid of Mouton as the special teams return man cause he has been killing us. I guess you can say we really miss Chris Carr

09-28-2009, 11:34 PM
I wish Oakland would try and make a deal for Young, he has to be better than Russell. Plus he gives us another running threat

I would approve of this move, although I'd prefer targeting a veteran who can hold down the starting job for a few seasons a la Kerry Collins. I still think we have to go defense in the first round of this draft and it's gotta be to address the defensive line.

aNYtitan
09-28-2009, 11:34 PM

Hell, we can do that, there would probably be two options here.

1. Trade draft picks, including a first rounder that would help replace VY
2. Trade us Nnamdi Asomugha straight up

I like option 2, but we ain't trading VY. The owner likes him too too much, and I would be upset cause we have no QB of the future besides him. He is the future

RaiderNation
09-28-2009, 11:42 PM
I can tell you 100% we will not trade Nnamdi. Also we wouldnt trade a 1st since we allready got rid of our 2011 1st. We would probably do a 2010 2nd, 2010 4th and a 2011 4th plus a player for VY and a 2011 5th/player.

yo123
09-28-2009, 11:44 PM
2. Trade us Nnamdi Asomugha straight up

Nnamdi for a QB that's not even starting?! Come on.

CC.SD
09-28-2009, 11:49 PM

Dang the Bolts will trade Charlie Whitehurst for Nnamdi. Come on let's do it Al.

aNYtitan
09-28-2009, 11:52 PM

Hey I'm a hard man to bargain with here. And honestly, I don't really see anyone else that the Titans would want from the Raiders roster. Kerry Collins on the other hand I could see happening, give you a San Diego Special, probably him for a 5th round pick.

aNYtitan
10-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Right now, the Titans are leading the league in underachieving. I don't understand how a team that had such a great defense last year has such a bad turnover after losing the DC and Albert Haynesworth. It definitely soon is going into my quote.

Leading the race for Eric Berry!

Vox Populi
10-04-2009, 11:45 PM
You guys wouldn't even pick Berry if he were available. I wouldn't be surprised if you picked up more defensive line depth in round one with one of those big DT's or Dunlap if you can't turn your season around. Obviously QB is your biggest concern probably, but I don't know if the Titans would take one with VY still around this off season.

RaiderNation
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Lambs still in the lead, kind of a toss up of whos in 2nd IMO. Browns, Bucs, Titans or Chiefs?

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 12:20 AM
You guys wouldn't even pick Berry if he were available. I wouldn't be surprised if you picked up more defensive line depth in round one with one of those big DT's or Dunlap if you can't turn your season around. Obviously QB is your biggest concern probably, but I don't know if the Titans would take one with VY still around this off season.

I don't see it. You have to think, Fisher has rarely gone with need picks, and more on BPA in his eyes. He could honestly perform a Griffin move and move him to cornerback his rookie year (where Griffin intially performed well). If what DoughBoy said is true in the Titans thread, and Hope continues to under perform, you have somebody to take his spot (which is what happened when we had Lamont "I'm just plain awful" Thompson).

EDIT: Also consider it would probably be a mixture of BPA and a need, since we need a corner to start opposite of Finny. Never straight need pick by Fisher (maybe last year with Britt, but it was like 3 years straight everyone though we would pick a WR).

Shiver
10-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I think the three worst teams are the Rams, Chiefs and then the Raiders.

abaddon41_80
10-05-2009, 07:06 AM
1. Rams

2. Chiefs
3. Bucs
4. Browns
5. Titans
6. Raiders
7. Bills
8. Detroit
9. Seattle
10. Redskins

JFLO
10-05-2009, 07:54 AM
I think Seattle is worse than some people perceive. Seneca Wallace is a decent, but that is why he is a backup and not a starter. I'm not sold on their offensive line and the defense that was supposed to rebound after last season, hasn't.

I'm still sold on Cleveland being the worst team in the league. I haven't had the pleasure of watching St. Louis play yet. I realize that they were shut out, but San Francisco's defense is really good this year.

Here is my order right now, regardless of tonight's result:

1. Cleveland Browns
2. St. Louis Rams
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4. Kansas City Chiefs
5. Oakland Raiders
6. Detroit Lions
7. Tennessee Titans
8. Seattle Seahawks
9. Washington Redskins
10. San Francisco (from Carolina)

drowe
10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I still thing the Rams and Bucs are in a class by themselves. I think the Chiefs and Browns will fall ass-backwards into a win or 2.

But, aside from playing eachother, i don't see how the Rams or Bucs beat anybody.

Splat
10-05-2009, 08:53 AM
The first half of the Chiefs schedule is/was brutal I look for them to do enough after the bye to not pick first but they for sure won't be waiting long on draft day.

TitanHope
10-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Yup, see Volek as the incumbent QB that was also sort of a crappy game manager QB. Its up to Fisher in the end, because Bud Adams does want to see him out on the field (He gave VY a vote of confidence this offseason). He has looked better passing the ball, but at sometimes he just looked awful, making horrible reads or just locking onto receivers. However, he still has that game changing ability to scramble out of the pocket and make plays in the open field. Him and Chris Johnson out of the spread formation could be filthy.

Actually, it was Collins who started the 2006 season. He was brought in, and Volek was traded to San Diego for...a 5th RD'er? I forget, but yeah, Collins was the QB who lead the Titans to a winless record. So the parallels are insanely close.

NIN1984
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
1. Rams
2. Chiefs
3. Browns
4. Bucs
5. Raiders

that's my top 5 for now.

drowe
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM
1-Rams
2-Bucs
3-Chiefs
4-Raiders
5-Browns
6-Redskins
7-Lions

yodabear
10-05-2009, 05:28 PM
I think this my Rams' to lose. There is a thing called talent, and most of our offense doesn't have it.

Babylon
10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I think this my Rams' to lose. There is a thing called talent, and most of our offense doesn't have it.

You're in a so so division so a win or two wouldnt surprise me. I dont see how anyone compares to the Browns but i think the Rams can challenge them. Question is what do they do with the pick, Sam Bradford?

wonderbredd24
10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
You're in a so so division so a win or two wouldnt surprise me. I dont see how anyone compares to the Browns but i think the Rams can challenge them. Question is what do they do with the pick, Sam Bradford?

The Browns looked like a football team against Cincinatti and our schedule gets easier in the 2nd half

Buffalo is a winnable game this week

holt_bruce81
10-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Rams are the least talented team in the NFL. I say they get the #1 pick.

notacarolinafan
10-05-2009, 06:15 PM
If the Panthers get it then I may hang myself.:eek: We traded our pick!:confused:

Timbathia
10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
If the Panthers get it then I may hang myself.:eek: We traded our pick!:confused:

Good point, everyone was so focused on the Broncos trading away a potential top 5 pick for Alphonso Smith that they hardly raised an eye at this trade. Looks like Brown and Goodson will need to have big careers to be worth that top 5 pick.

Bengalsrocket
10-05-2009, 08:59 PM
The Browns looked like a football team against Cincinatti and our schedule gets easier in the 2nd half

Buffalo is a winnable game this week

I generally excuse most people for it, but how does a Brown's fan not know how to spell Cincinnati :(

wonderbredd24
10-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I generally excuse most people for it, but how does a Brown's fan not know how to spell Cincinnati :(

normally I do... just didn't bother looking at it I guess

WMD
10-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Don't go crazy. The Lions beat the Redskins, I wouldn't be taking them out of the Top/Bottom 5 just yet. I mean, the Bucs nearly beat the Skins and the Bucs freakin suck.

Here's what I project for the 2010 Draft!!

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Cleveland Browns
3. St. Louis Rams
4. Detroit Lions
5. Oakland Raiders
6. Kansas City Chiefs
7. Miami Dolphins
8. Washington Redskins
9. Seattle Seahawks
10. San Francisco 49ers (f/ Carolina)

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Where do you guys figure the Titans record winds up at the end of the season? They obviously aren't as bad as the rest of these teams talent wise, yet they are 0-4

Job
10-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Depends if/when they start VY.

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Depends if/when they start VY.

Well considering that Fisher has been steadfast in his belief that Collins isn't the problem, I can see us going 0-6 into the bye week (play the Colts next week and then the Pats after that). If that is the case, it is almost a must that VY starts following the bye.

Shiver
10-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Just because Collins isn't the problem per say is hardly a reason to keep starting him. The entire purpose of having him is he manages games, puts you in a situation to win with a running game and defense. Since that isn't happening you might as well see if Vince Young is the future of the franchise.

RaiderNation
10-06-2009, 12:52 AM
If the Raiders keep it up, they could be a contender in this race.

Shiver
10-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah, that win against the Chiefs may be the only one they get all year. You thought their offense was bad now, just wait until they play against the Giants, Eagles and Jets!

RaiderNation
10-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Ya I dont really plan on watching to much of our games in the next couple weeks. Maybe the Giants one since Eli might not play and the it would be the bust bowl David Carr vs JaMarcus Russell

WMD
10-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Just because Collins isn't the problem per say is hardly a reason to keep starting him. The entire purpose of having him is he manages games, puts you in a situation to win with a running game and defense. Since that isn't happening you might as well see if Vince Young is the future of the franchise.
Well, he can make plays with his feet at least. They've got some good speedy guys on Offense. Why not try some kind of Wishbone formation with Vince Young and Kerry Collins both in the game. Along with Chris Johnson and Nate Washington, someone's bound to get open.. or they could go for some Wildcat stuff.

Stash
10-06-2009, 01:39 AM
I think the #1 pick will come down to the Rams and Raiders. I previously thought it was between the Bucs and Browns but their QB changes seemed to inject a little life so they might squeek out a few wins.

keylime_5
10-06-2009, 10:45 AM
I think the #1 pick will come down to the Rams and Raiders. I previously thought it was between the Bucs and Browns but their QB changes seemed to inject a little life so they might squeek out a few wins.

totally gonna be the Rams. They probably win 2 games this year. Theyll be better next year though.

Falcon<3
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm leaning towards the Rams, but how can you bet against Steven Jackson not just having one of those monster days where he can do no wrong again? he's healthy and he's capable. I can see Jackson carrying them to a couple of wins by himself.

The Lions are very much in the discussion as long as they play Stafford, and the Raiders, well...that's a crazy place.

aNYtitan
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Well, he can make plays with his feet at least. They've got some good speedy guys on Offense. Why not try some kind of Wishbone formation with Vince Young and Kerry Collins both in the game. Along with Chris Johnson and Nate Washington, someone's bound to get open.. or they could go for some Wildcat stuff.

Not Jeff Fisher's style. Like I said, VY needs to get put into this game. But it might be too little too late when he is already starting.

LizardState
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
taking a SWAG at it:

5) Raiders -- Incapable of rallying, Cable gets jailed, fined, then fired
4) Carolina -- Fox gets fired, Cowher has been penciled in there since Sept.
3) Bills -- The Buffalo Wallow of Misery, Jauron canned in October
2) St. Louis -- Worse than last yr.
1) Browns -- The Worst, Mangini's Curse infectious between teams like airborne flu

Detroit, Seattle, & Redskins could squeeze in unless they turn it around. I'm thinking Zona, KC & Tennessee will turn it around.

Dallas could actually be doomed to an alternating mediocre W-L rcd, finishing 8-8, win one wk, lose the next through Wk. 17.

nepg
10-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I still have the Chiefs getting to 6 or 7 wins once their schedule lightens up (after their BYE). I had them going between 7-9 and 9-7 this year, and they only lost one game they should have won so far (v. Oakland). I also had banked on the play-calling masking the bad OL, but that just has not happened. The play-calling has not been good so far.

yodabear
10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm leaning towards the Rams, but how can you bet against Steven Jackson not just having one of those monster days where he can do no wrong again? he's healthy and he's capable. I can see Jackson carrying them to a couple of wins by himself.

The Lions are very much in the discussion as long as they play Stafford, and the Raiders, well...that's a crazy place.

Well, thats what Jackson did once last year against the Cowboys. It will defntly happen. I am still hoping for more than this, but the Rams are only gonna win 1 or 2 games this season. Jackson will have a game or two in beast mode and he will win a game. Or OJ Otogwe may show signs of brilliance like he did last year against the Skins, and our D may win us a game. It will not be Kyle Boller or Marc Bulger for sure.

RaiderNation
10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Lambs gotta be the #1 team. They have no QB, and no defense. Looks like some Jr QB is getting paid big bucks. After the lambs, its a toss up for me between the Bucs, Browns, Raiders and Chiefs.

CC.SD
10-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Raiders are in a pretty good position as a franchise to take the #3-7 pick and really improve the team, but if they get stuck at 1 or 2 there are going to be quarterbacks staring them in the face, and that will screw them.

P-L
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Anyone see this? Some are kind of funny (some are stupid).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snibbe1/091006&sportCat=nfl

dabears10
10-09-2009, 06:55 PM

The Al Davis one had me rolling.

Bucs_Rule
10-09-2009, 08:15 PM

I like the Seattle one.

Splat
10-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Does it make me a bad fun if I lol at my own team?

yodabear
10-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Does it make me a bad fun if I lol at my own team?

**** no, it makes u a non homer cuz u understand ur team sucks.....

bored of education
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
peep bosanac01's sig.

vikes_28
10-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I thought the Vikings one was hilarious, I also lol'd at the Raiders.

aNYtitan
10-09-2009, 11:39 PM

I thought the Raiders was great, but I got a huge laugh by the Titans one. Thats what it is right now though sadly.

Brent
10-09-2009, 11:46 PM
peep bosanac01's sig.

<boe> if the CHiefs p ick top 3 in 2010 I will never post at SWDC again!

Well, boe, dare I say "prove it"?

CashmoneyDrew
10-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I laughed the most at the Vikings one.

yodabear
10-09-2009, 11:59 PM
08 Lions > 09 Rams

aNYtitan
10-10-2009, 12:09 AM
08 Lions > 09 Rams

Nope, they will win one game, and you guys have a running back named Steven Jackson. Now he is not better then Calvin Johnson, but its a lot easier to get the ball into the hands of a RB then a WR, and an RB can find ways to score. Not to mention, who the hell played defense for the Lions?

Job
10-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Absolutely. And there is still nobody to play defense on that team, except for Jason Campbell.

BeerBaron
10-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Top 6 as I see it right now:

1.) Rams
2.) Raiders
3.) Lions
4.) Bucs
5.) Chiefs
6.) Browns

Rams just have nothing right now...they'll find a win or two, but that's really all they can hope for. The Raiders one win they already have might be all they get unless they go for an option offense with McFadden taking all the snaps. They Bucs can't even play defense for the first time in a decade or better, and they'll eventually put Freeman in so I don't like them to get out of the top 4 picks. I think the Chiefs have the potential to gel with the talent they have on offense (Cassel/Albert/Bowe/Johnson) and get a few wins later in the year to stay out of the top 4. If the Browns are starting DA, I think they can pick up a few wins as he seems more willing to take chances, for better or for worse.

But i think they are pretty clearly the worst 6 teams in the league right now. The Bills, Redskins, Seahawks and maybe the Dolphins are probably in that next tier then for the rest of the top 10 picks.

Iamcanadian
10-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Top 6 as I see it right now:

1.) Rams
2.) Raiders
3.) Lions
4.) Bucs
5.) Chiefs
6.) Browns

Rams just have nothing right now...they'll find a win or two, but that's really all they can hope for. The Raiders one win they already have might be all they get unless they go for an option offense with McFadden taking all the snaps. They Bucs can't even play defense for the first time in a decade or better, and they'll eventually put Freeman in so I don't like them to get out of the top 4 picks. I think the Chiefs have the potential to gel with the talent they have on offense (Cassel/Albert/Bowe/Johnson) and get a few wins later in the year to stay out of the top 4. If the Browns are starting DA, I think they can pick up a few wins as he seems more willing to take chances, for better or for worse.

The Redskins and Bills look likely to fall but Miami will get tougher as the season progresses.

But i think they are pretty clearly the worst 6 teams in the league right now. The Bills, Redskins, Seahawks and maybe the Dolphins are probably in that next tier then for the rest of the top 10 picks.

The Redskins and Bills look likely to fall but Miami will get tougher as the season progresses.

jballa838
10-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Seattle has been looking bad, I hope Matty Hass can change that, but he can't fix our run game (Directly)..

Smooth Criminal
10-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Gotta be St. Louis at this point. They have looked beyond horrible.

BeerBaron
10-10-2009, 11:12 AM

I was reluctant to put them in there at first, but with a first time starting QB and some really tough games coming up, I'd be very surprised if they manage to even go .500 the rest of the season. Just their next 4 games are Jets, bye, Saints, Jets and Pats. They have the Jags, Pats and Steelers later in the season and the Titans and Panthers who, might not have wins yet, but are still very dangerous in my mind.

So conservatively, I think they might finish 4-12 or 5-11 if they beat the Bills, Bucs, Texans and then maybe steal one from one of the harder teams I listed above.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
St. Louis is odd. I haven't seen such a bad team with such a beast on it's roster. Steven Jackson will just go off a couple times and win 2 games for 'em, Might as well put him at outside linebacker.

bored of education
10-10-2009, 03:40 PM
It's been stated before, if the Chiefs pick in the top 3 I will never post on SWDC again.

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
It's been stated before, if the Chiefs pick in the top 3 I will never post on SWDC again.

Really? I mean...really?

d34ng3l021
10-10-2009, 04:19 PM

We know you said it, and we know you would honor it, but please don't :(

Can we just hand out the #1 overall pick to the Browns already?

BeerBaron
10-10-2009, 06:58 PM

I think only Browns fans think that the Browns are worse than the Rams right now...

aNYtitan
10-11-2009, 11:38 PM
C'mon look at what I have been saying, and look at the sig.

Ship be sinking.

BeerBaron
10-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Ship be sinking.

Then watch them take Taylor Mays, lol....

aNYtitan
10-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Then watch them take Taylor Mays, lol....

Nah our front office has usually done well in the scouting dept (not since Andre Woolfolk did we draft someone bad in the first round (Pacman has skill on the football field, he was an idiot off of it, and its still too early to call VY a bust). Unless we absolutely feel Mays can translate his skill to CB or...yeah only CB (he could excel at MLB, but no need to get a future MLB with the first round pick this year).

Bills2083
10-12-2009, 12:19 AM

Hold the phone!
http://www.americanheritage.com/assets/images/articles/magazine/it/2007/3/2007_3_20.jpg

The Buffalo Bills have something to say about that!

703SKINS202
10-12-2009, 12:22 AM
We're coming, just wait til we play a team who has actually won a game.

yo123
10-12-2009, 12:34 AM
There are so many terrible teams this year, right now you have to give the edge to the Rams (34 points through 5 games?) but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the Bills, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs, Bucs, or Redskins, with Carolina as a darkhorse.

bearsfan_51
10-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Mr. Clausen, the Rams are on line #1 for you.

Hawk
10-12-2009, 12:54 AM

Ship be sinking.

Berry to the Titans would be too cool. There's no way they could pass that up, think of the sales/promotions/marketing **** they could do with him staying in state.

Caddy
10-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Really? I mean...really?

There is only one way to see it through Jbond. Ban him if it happens!

Stash
10-12-2009, 01:25 AM
There are so many terrible teams this year, right now you have to give the edge to the Rams (34 points through 5 games?) but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the Bills, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs, Bucs, Redskins, or Raiders with Carolina as a darkhorse.
That's right, we're bad enough to finish last twice in the same season.;)

yo123
10-12-2009, 01:36 AM
That's right, we're bad enough to finish last twice in the same season.;)

Haha, fixed it.

diabsoule
10-12-2009, 01:47 AM
I just finished my week 5 power rankings and didn't realize how terrible 8-10 of the teams were.

I will post them after the NY Jets/Miami game tomorrow and will adjust both teams rankings accordingly depending on the outcome.

wonderbredd24
10-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I think only Browns fans think that the Browns are worse than the Rams right now...

The Browns suck, but nothing is as bad as the Rams.

"Son, this game is important. The Bears are playing the Rams, and if you lose to the Rams you get thrown out of the league."

-Al Bundy

By the way, this winning **** the Browns are trying to do better not get out of control. We'd better not play our way out of Eric Berry, Gerald McCoy, or Ndamukong Suh.

yodabear
10-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, the way its looking like we got this in the bag finally. I mean two straight years of getting #2 pick, this is finally the year, right? Although, watch out for us this week. Seattle just crushed the Jags, we play the Jags this week. Possibly a win? I think there is a chance. Hopefully cuz in week 7 we play the Colts (haha Manning will give us 5 12 men on the field pentalies, make us jump a few times, and well, lets just say, Peyton will make fantasy owners happy that week) and then week 8 is HUGE. We will go against the Lions with possibly a 17 game losing streak on the line, pretty huge! But yeah, we suck, and we will need a QB at #1 overall, thanks.