PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: Baltimore @ San Diego

coordinator0
09-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Both teams head into this match-up with a win, and both could have played better than what they did in week one. Who ya got?

EdReedUnstoppable
09-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Chargers 24 Ravens 14

I never like my team when they have to go cross country. I think it was the 49ers game a couple of years ago everyone thought we'd win by a ton and I said something like 13-10 Ravens, and everyone thought I was crazy and the final score was 9-7 Ravens.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Ravens tend to suck it up big and give huge passing days when they face a vertical passing team, which is why the Colts are probably the toughest team the Ravens could possibly play. I just think the Chargers will outscore us tbh.

coordinator0
09-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Ravens tend to suck it up big and give huge passing days when they face a vertical passing team, which is why the Colts are probably the toughest team the Ravens could possibly play. I just think the Chargers will outscore us tbh.

That's pretty much what I'm worried about as well. We saw the Chiefs drive down the field with passing plays last game, and they are nowhere near the level of the Chargers in terms of their aerial attack. I voted Ravens in the poll (because I'm a homer and it just feels wrong to vote against them), but this will be a tough game for us.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't see the Chargers getting any running going and we will force them to pass it all game. I think our defense will come up big in this game. I am calling Ed Reed's first pick of the season and Suggs 1st sack. I say we win 20-17

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
If the Ravens pass coverage improves and they also get some more pressure on Rivers, then I like there chances. The run game will be shut down, that's almost a given, so we all know Rivers will have atleast 40+ attempts. Lets pray Foxworth and Washington hold there own. When the Ravens have the ball, I think they should come out passing, and pass to set up the run, it worked well against the Chiefs and Flacco just looks so in sync with the WR's. I'm calling for Ray Rice to finally score his first NFL TD and I think the Ravens and there physical style of play will outlast the finesse Chargers.

TACKLE
09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
If how they played against the Raiders D is any implication, I wouldn't be too concerned. San Diego's O-Line is banged up and they will most likely struggle with the pressure. It won't be a blowout, but I think the Ravens should be able to out physical a team that's coming off a short week.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-15-2009, 10:12 PM
If how they played against the Raiders D is any implication, I wouldn't be too concerned. San Diego's O-Line is banged up and they will most likely struggle with the pressure. It won't be a blowout, but I think the Ravens should be able to out physical a team that's coming off a short week.

At the same time though if we are basing off last week the Ravens defense didn't look all too great against the Chiefs who with Croyle at QB probably is the worst offense in the NFL.

America
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
I think the fact that they put up 24 is a poor reflection of the defense. 7 points were from a blocked punt, and Derrick Johnson's INT gave them a really short field. They had one real drive for a TD and one for a field goal.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Yup. I don't see us getting another punt blocked this week. Flacco might throw a pick but it is going to be hard for ANY team score on us. If we put up 20pts we win.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-16-2009, 10:29 PM
The Chargers starting guard and center both have injuries and might not play. If they don't, I like the Ravens chances.

A Perfect Score
09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I really wasnt impressed with the Chargers on Monday night. Andto boot, LT may not play. Trust me I know, I own him in the NFLDC extreme league :(. All the reports Ive read suggest he may not play. I say the Ravens take it, maybe by as much as 10 points. The only guy I would really be worried about is Gates, but I feel if Rivers tries to split the seam with Reed waiting back there it could end badly for him.

Geo
09-17-2009, 01:03 PM
The Colts part is true, but the Chargers will be missing their starting center if not one of their starting guards too. LT McNeil hurt his ankle or something similar on Monday too, but played through it because the Chargers didn't have any other active lineman. The RT Clary isn't a great player.

And Phil Rivers doesn't have the pocket presence of Peyton Manning either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the Baltimore cornerbacks. Well I guess that's not true, I am a fan of them, speaking as a Colts fan. ;)

But the Ravens' pressure on Rivers will help cover up for that, I think. I expect the Ravens to completely shut down the Chargers running game, with Ngata and whichever big boy is next to him in the middle. That will make the Chargers one-dimensional, which allows the defense to pin their ears back and try to break the QB in half.

Obviously the Chargers will be trying Sproles screen passes all day.

I think Cameron should give them a taste of their own medicine, have Flacco pass the ball to Rice and McGahee over and over. Those two should have 50 touches combined. Keep the passes short and efficient for Flacco, although if the Ravens OL can keep him clean then maybe try to extend the field.

I think the Ravens win this game.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I really wasnt impressed with the Chargers on Monday night. Andto boot, LT may not play. Trust me I know, I own him in the NFLDC extreme league :(. All the reports Ive read suggest he may not play. I say the Ravens take it, maybe by as much as 10 points. The only guy I would really be worried about is Gates, but I feel if Rivers tries to split the seam with Reed waiting back there it could end badly for him.

Is it just me or would anyone else rather LT plays.

He doesn't scare me at all, and if he plays it takes touches away from the guy who really to me is gonna be the reason the Chargers win....Darren Sproles.

Ravens1991
09-19-2009, 02:09 PM
LT is out, it will be a good game, I believe we have what it takes to win. But a cross country road trip is tough no matter what and we have to play a elite team like SD. If we can get pressure on Rivers we should win.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Is it just me or would anyone else rather LT plays.

He doesn't scare me at all, and if he plays it takes touches away from the guy who really to me is gonna be the reason the Chargers win....Darren Sproles.

I agree completely. For the Ravens defense it is a back like Sproles who can really break our containment because of his quickness. With the Ravens D I never worry about a power back but it's those quick shifty backs especially catching out of the backfield which can tear the defense apart.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-19-2009, 07:23 PM
yeah, I totally agree, remember how much trouble Chris Johnson caused last year in the playoffs? Hopefully they can contain Sproles, if not, I hope Cam Cameron runs the ball and dominates the TOP, cause I hope, no, I pray they try and keep Sproles off the field as much as possible, he's the only thing on that San Diego offense that scares me. I'm not too worried about Rivers, cause his o-line is banged up.

-side note-
these guys won't play
Jamal Williams (starter)
Nick Hardwick (starter)
Travis Johnson (would be starter)
Ladanian Tomlinson (starter)
and maybe even starting Guard Louis Vasquez may not even play.
also, starting Left Tackle Marcus McNiel has a sore hand, but is listed as probable.

Look's like San Diego is the banged up team this time around, I just pray Harbaugh gets the Ravens ready, and Cam Cameron pounds the football and goes to the old school offense to take care of San Diego,
physical >> finesse

as for defense, Greg Mattison better start blitzing more, cause unlike Croyle, Rivers will tear that secondary apart if they can't get enough pressure on him.

coordinator0
09-19-2009, 08:05 PM
With Jamal Williams going down, I'm really starting to like the Ravens chances. Although he wasn't much against the Raiders he is still (I think) their best run stuffer. It feels weird to say but I think that our offense won't have much of a problem with the opposing teams defense, in any area of the game.

A Perfect Score
09-20-2009, 03:35 PM
You guys may have been onto something with Sproles. That 81 yard TD catch is rather unfortunate.

coordinator0
09-20-2009, 04:11 PM
McGahee with 2 TD's already... UGH! Come on, let Rice have some goal line love. My fantasy team needs it :D.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I love the share. Mcgahee, Rice, and McClain are all at the top of their games right now.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
WTF with all these freaking fumbles!! And god dang!! Our pass defense is some straight up booty, if not for the pressure on Rivers he would hve torn the defense up. God, forget WR, we need a freaking shutdown corner!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Ray Rice is playing like his feet are in concrete.

coordinator0
09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
That game was far too close my liking... second week in a row that I've felt this way. At least our pass rush looked somewhat improved, although that's probably the result of dropping the vanilla play-calling.

Our pass defense was pretty atrocious (Fabian in particular, he got taken out for Walker late! Now that's embarrassing).

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-20-2009, 07:09 PM
That game was far too close my liking... second week in a row that I've felt this way. At least our pass rush looked somewhat improved, although that's probably the result of dropping the vanilla play-calling.

Our pass defense was pretty atrocious (Fabian in particular, he got taken out for Walker late! Now that's embarrassing).
just a side note, Fabian was actually hurt.

my thoughts-

negatives-
God dangit, our pass defense is absolutely terrible. I blame most of it on Mattison and his lack of calling more blitzes, the more Rivers was pressured, the worse he did, that goes for any QB. (look at the Jets game) He should have been calling blitzes every other play, the Chargers WR's are all 6'+ so it doesn't matter how many guys are in coverage, those WR's could just reach up over our DB's. I can't believe we didn't blitz more, jeez, San Diego was freaking missing 2 starters on the o-line and had a hurt left tackle in McNeal. there were some other little things I didn't like but the pass D was certainly the big thing for me.

positives-
Running game was great, Rice wasn't all that great but McGahee picked up his slack and had a tremendous game. Joe Flacco continues to impress me as well as the o-line. That group has potential to be the best in the league, and is probably in top 5 consideration. I think Heap will continue to be a HUGE factor in the offense if he stays healthy. Run defense was great, and my god, Ray Lewis, YOU ARE MY SAVIOR! Also, nice job by Hauschka, making that clutch kick to force the Chargers to score a TD.

questions-
Why hasn't Paul Kruger dressed out for the past two games?

Is Chris Chester the starting Guard now? because he has been taking all the snaps with the starters, and Yanda only comes in on unbalanced line packages.

Ravens1991
09-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I agree the issue is our CB are giving up 4-6 inches in height and 30-40 pounds. That is why I wanted Cmac back so bad, he has the size to handle a big WR. something everyone on our team doesnt have

EdReedUnstoppable
09-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree R1991 I mean Foxworth couldn't have been covering Jackson any better, but Jackson is 6 inches taller and 60lbs heavier and just outmuscled him for the ball.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-20-2009, 09:38 PM
questions-

answer -
He is a totally worthless garbage player with no real impact at either defensive end or linebacker. And now the Ravens are realizing it more and more with each passing day. It should have been Michael Johnson instead of that worthless pile of **** Kruger! Great pick by the genious.....

America
09-21-2009, 12:50 AM
What's the deal with DWill?

trkaline
09-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen..we have an offense...we just traded our pass defense for it.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-21-2009, 07:12 AM
What's the deal with DWill?

Guess they're saving him for later in the year when playoffs and possibly division title are on the line.

Btw was it just me or did the Ravens top 2 WRs make Keyshawn look 100% right this week........Mark Clayton is who he is I guess, gonna have a good game then disappear for 4 or 5.

Ravens1991
09-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I hate to say it but it is looking like Dwill may be the most overhyped player by message board poster in message board history. Our WR are lackluster and he cant even get a ball thrown his way.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Will we be using Dwill's name like Clarence Moore, Devard Darling and Travis Taylor in the near future?

coordinator0
09-21-2009, 10:16 PM
questions-

I think it's that the coaching staff doesn't want to take Suggs/Johnson out of the game too much, and they don't want to waste a roster spot on Kruger when Barnes is a much better special-teamer.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Will we be using Dwill's name like Clarence Moore, Devard Darling and Travis Taylor in the near future?

Hopefully we'll be using Mark Clayton's name in their also.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-22-2009, 03:47 PM
I hate to say it but it is looking like Dwill may be the most overhyped player by message board poster in message board history. Our WR are lackluster and he cant even get a ball thrown his way.

They'd have to actually put him on trhe field first. He needs to get the ball thrown his way, he is the best young WR we have!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-22-2009, 03:48 PM
They'd have to actually put him on trhe field first. He needs to get the ball thrown his way, he is the best young WR we have!

Well that's kind of by default though. The fact is that Mason and Clayton are the starting receivers. And I don't care if he's our young stud he can't work the middle like Kelley so he shouldn't be getting reps over him.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Well that's kind of by default though. The fact is that Mason and Clayton are the starting receivers. And I don't care if he's our young stud he can't work the middle like Kelley so he shouldn't be getting reps over him.

He should be getting the reps over Clayton, Clayton should be our #4.

Ravens1991
09-23-2009, 10:03 PM
About Kruger, apparently it is because of his lack of special teams skill that he isn't being dressed. Maybe w/ the Burgress trade he will be dressed on sunday

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2009, 09:16 AM
About Kruger, apparently it is because of his lack of special teams skill that he isn't being dressed. Maybe w/ the Burgress trade he will be dressed on sunday

I really hope that wasn't the reason they made that trade. Thats a horrible way of thinking "lets trade away this guy who is playin great on special teams this year so we can get our garbage second rd pick into the active roster".

A Perfect Score
09-24-2009, 09:33 AM
I really hope that wasn't the reason they made that trade. Thats a horrible way of thinking "lets trade away this guy who is playin great on special teams this year so we can get our garbage second rd pick into the active roster".

Your hatred for Kruger is both disturbing and confusing.

dcarey20
09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Your hatred for Kruger is confusing.

+1

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree with Ravens1991, I think Kruger will dress for the Cleveland game, and if Baltimore can get a big enough lead, maybe he can get some playing time. Also, is D-Will gonna see the field? Has he dress out for a game yet?

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Your hatred for Kruger is both disturbing and confusing.

The amount of better players on the board, and how much he is worthless on the field. Not that hard to figure out.

coordinator0
09-24-2009, 03:01 PM
The amount of better players on the board, and how much he is worthless on the field. Not that hard to figure out.

What better players on the board do you speak of?

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
What better players on the board do you speak of?

Sean Smith
William Beatty
Sen'Derrick Marks
Jarron Gilbert
Michael Johnson
Shonn Greene
Antoine Caldwell
Louis Vasquez
Ramses Barden
Asher Allen
Patrick Turner
Jared Cook
Deon Butler
Kaluka Maiava
Jonathan Luigs
Mike Thomas
Kyle Moore
DJ Moore
Shawn Nelson
Louis Murphy
Lawrence Sidbury Jr
Jarrett Dillard
Scott McKillop
Jasper Brinkley
Brooks Foster
Jamon Meredith
Duke Robinson
Herman Johnson
Nate Davis
Javon Ringer
Kevin Ellison
Coye Francies
James Davis
Bernard Scott
Moise Fokou
Sammie Stroughter
Jaimie Thomas
Rashad Jennings
Tiquan Underwood

And I chose not to put the guys the Ravens took in later rds who are better than Kruger.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
He's still a project for the Skins but a bigger corner like Kevin Barnes would have been an ideal pick for the Ravens.

America
09-24-2009, 04:42 PM
That list is a joke. Nate Davis, Tiquan Underwood, Kaluka Maiava,
Kevin Ellison, Bernard Scott, Moise Fokou, Sammie Stroughter, Jaimie Thomas, Scott McKillop, Jasper Brinkley, Brooks Foster, Jamon Meredith. Quick glance at it and none of these guys are even fringe day 1 picks. Jamon Meredith already got signed away from GB's practice squad.

Obviously the coaching staff liked Kruger enough to draft him and like him enough now to trade away a very good ST player to get him on the field. Yeah, I'm sure they were thinking let's trade away this good ST player to get our "garbage" 2nd rounder on the field. A pro coaching staff definitely thinks like that.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
That list is a joke. Nate Davis, Tiquan Underwood, Kaluka Maiava,
Kevin Ellison, Bernard Scott, Moise Fokou, Sammie Stroughter, Jaimie Thomas, Scott McKillop, Jasper Brinkley, Brooks Foster, Jamon Meredith. Quick glance at it and none of these guys are even fringe day 1 picks. Jamon Meredith already got signed away from GB's practice squad.

Obviously the coaching staff liked Kruger enough to draft him and like him enough now to trade away a very good ST player to get him on the field. Yeah, I'm sure they were thinking let's trade away this good ST player to get our "garbage" 2nd rounder on the field. A pro coaching staff definitely thinks like that.

Paul Kruger looks like a guy who shouldn't have been taken prior to rd 6 as a project.

Seems like thats what they've done.

A Perfect Score
09-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Sean Smith
William Beatty
Sen'Derrick Marks
Jarron Gilbert
Michael Johnson
Shonn Greene
Antoine Caldwell
Louis Vasquez
Ramses Barden
Asher Allen
Patrick Turner
Jared Cook
Deon Butler
Kaluka Maiava
Jonathan Luigs
Mike Thomas
Kyle Moore
DJ Moore
Shawn Nelson
Louis Murphy
Lawrence Sidbury Jr
Jarrett Dillard
Scott McKillop
Jasper Brinkley
Brooks Foster
Jamon Meredith
Duke Robinson
Herman Johnson
Nate Davis
Javon Ringer
Kevin Ellison
Coye Francies
James Davis
Bernard Scott
Moise Fokou
Sammie Stroughter
Jaimie Thomas
Rashad Jennings
Tiquan Underwood

And I chose not to put the guys the Ravens took in later rds who are better than Kruger.

The highlighted ones are the only ones I would of chose before Kruger. What would drafting Shonn Greene have done for us? Our backfield is crowded enough as it is, we couldnt even keep Peerman on our roster. And Nate Davis, really? What good do the Ravens get from drafting him? Hes like a much much worse version of Troy Smith. I do agree that there were people who were better choices for the Ravens the Kruger, but you are getting pretty ridiculous with that list.

Ravens1991
09-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Beaty would do nothing for us, same w/ Vasquez. I would have considered Smith Gilbert about Kruger. But I still like Kruger as a player, we can mold him to a Pryce replacment or keep him at OLB. He has the motor of McCrary. Granted the guy may never lead the NFL in sacks but he can be a very good contributor to the front 7.

coordinator0
09-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Beaty would do nothing for us, same w/ Vasquez. I would have considered Smith Gilbert about Kruger. But I still like Kruger as a player, we can mold him to a Pryce replacment or keep him at OLB. He has the motor of McCrary. Granted the guy may never lead the NFL in sacks but he can be a very good contributor to the front 7.

This. I don't know if I would have taken Sean Smith above Kruger anyways, apparently he didn't/doesn't have a very good backpedal at all and he would fit into our coverage schemes. Most of the guys ERU listed haven't done anything yet either, so his argument of "worthless on the field" goes out the window too. Weren't you complaining that we should have taken Nicks or Britt instead of Oher a while back too? Yeah...

America
09-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Paul Kruger looks like a guy who shouldn't have been taken prior to rd 6 as a project.

Seems like thats what they've done.

You're the only one who shares that opinion. He was starting all preseason with Suggs out. He got sacks and pressures. I don't see where all this hate comes from. I didn't like the pick either, but the coaching staff sure knows a hell of lot more than we do about any of this, so I think they have a clue as to what they're doing.

A Perfect Score
09-24-2009, 07:46 PM
This. I don't know if I would have taken Sean Smith above Kruger anyways, apparently he didn't/doesn't have a very good backpedal at all and he would fit into our coverage schemes. Most of the guys ERU listed haven't done anything yet either, so his argument of "worthless on the field" goes out the window too. Weren't you complaining that we should have taken Nicks or Britt instead of Oher a while back too? Yeah...

I definitely would of preferred Smith, I really liked him as a prospect and damn we could use a 6'1 210 lb CB...would of been perfect actually. And I really liked Jarron Gilbert as a replacement to Pryce better then Kruger.

coordinator0
09-24-2009, 07:49 PM
I definitely would of preferred Smith, I really liked him as a prospect and damn we could use a 6'1 210 lb CB...would of been perfect actually. And I really liked Jarron Gilbert as a replacement to Pryce better then Kruger.

Yes, a 6'3ish 200+ corner would have been nice, but if he doesn't fit what we do it doesn't matter. At the time the coaching staff felt like he wouldn't fit on our team. As for Gilbert, yes he would have been a better pick to replace Pryce but the way it's looking we didn't draft Kruger to do that.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-25-2009, 09:50 PM

I still think we should have drafted Britt or Maualuga over Oher.

And Im not saying we should have drafted guys like Shonn Greene I just simply posted all the better prospects that went after Kruger.

dcarey20
09-25-2009, 10:53 PM
I still think we should have drafted Britt or Maualuga over Oher.

And Im not saying we should have drafted guys like Shonn Greene I just simply posted all the better prospects that went after Kruger.

We would be in serious trouble at RT had we not picked Oher.

As far as Sean Smith I agree he's looking like a stud and I wouldn't mind having him. I liked him at the time of the draft as well.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-25-2009, 11:03 PM
We would be in serious trouble at RT had we not picked Oher.

As far as Sean Smith I agree he's looking like a stud and I wouldn't mind having him. I liked him at the time of the draft as well.

Not really we would have gone RT with our rd 2 pick.......

I'll take Rey Maualuga/Kenny Britt and 2nd rd RT over Michael Oher and Paul Kruger any day of the week

coordinator0
09-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Not really we would have gone RT with our rd 2 pick.......

I'll take Rey Maualuga/Kenny Britt and 2nd rd RT over Michael Oher and Paul Kruger any day of the week

What RT was there that was any good? Loadholt went to MIN so he was gone by our second pick...

dcarey20
09-26-2009, 01:11 PM
What RT was there that was any good? Loadholt went to MIN so he was gone by our second pick...

Exactly...Sebasitan Vollmer or William Beatty would have been the best tackles there. I personally would be worried about either being thrust into a starting job right away.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Exactly...Sebasitan Vollmer or William Beatty would have been the best tackles there. I personally would be worried about either being thrust into a starting job right away.

Who says he has to be thrust in right away, we could have made a move through free agency if they were uncomfortable with him. The moral of the story is this......

Rey Maualuga > Michael Oher

coordinator0
09-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Who says he has to be thrust in right away, we could have made a move through free agency if they were uncomfortable with him. The moral of the story is this......

Haha no. I liked Maualuga, but did we really need a Bart Scott clone? At least with Gooden we have somebody that can cover from the ILB spot.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-27-2009, 07:59 AM

Are you kidding me??? Please explain this.. Plus, what has Oher done that makes you want an immature turd like Maugluga over him. He's played GREAT.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Haha no. I liked Maualuga, but did we really need a Bart Scott clone? At least with Gooden we have somebody that can cover from the ILB spot.

Please don't ever insult Rey Maualuga like that ever again! He is more of a Ray Lewis clone, sideline to sideline can shut down a running game with his vision and passion and strength! He is not a guy who can't rush the passer, misses tackles and loses his head, and runs his mouth and thinks he's better than he is like Bart Scott.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Are you kidding me??? Please explain this.. Plus, what has Oher done that makes you want an immature turd like Maugluga over him. He's played GREAT.

First off to call Maualuga an immature turd is ridiculous.

I'd also like to know why me wanting Rey Maualuga suddenly makes it that I dislike something Michael Oher's done.

IMO Rey Maualuga was the best defensive player in this draft. A leader on the field who is fiery and plays with controlled passion. The guy IS a Raven, all this "play like a raven" ********, he plays like a Raven! Ray isn't gonna be around forever and it would have been nice to have a guy who would instantly be the 2nd best LB on the team, and could seemlessly take the reins when Ray retires.

coordinator0
09-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Please don't ever insult Rey Maualuga like that ever again! He is more of a Ray Lewis clone, sideline to sideline can shut down a running game with his vision and passion and strength! He is not a guy who can't rush the passer, misses tackles and loses his head, and runs his mouth and thinks he's better than he is like Bart Scott.

Haha I knew that one would get you riled up :D.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
First off to call Maualuga an immature turd is ridiculous.

I'd also like to know why me wanting Rey Maualuga suddenly makes it that I dislike something Michael Oher's done.

IMO Rey Maualuga was the best defensive player in this draft. A leader on the field who is fiery and plays with controlled passion. The guy IS a Raven, all this "play like a raven" ********, he plays like a Raven! Ray isn't gonna be around forever and it would have been nice to have a guy who would instantly be the 2nd best LB on the team, and could seemlessly take the reins when Ray retires.

not immature? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDGYsYXHKc

and there was no way that Maualuga the best defensive player in the draft. I'd take Aaron Curry or Malcolm Jenkins over him anyday. As for Ray's replacment, lets just say Ray can't be replaced. When Ray goes, the Baltimore Ravens defense will be something else, whether they had Maualuga or not.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2009, 07:29 PM
not immature? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDGYsYXHKc

and there was no way that Maualuga the best defensive player in the draft. I'd take Aaron Curry or Malcolm Jenkins over him anyday. As for Ray's replacment, lets just say Ray can't be replaced. When Ray goes, the Baltimore Ravens defense will be something else, whether they had Maualuga or not.

Really? jokin around dancin behind Erin Andrews after a win is your argument? Pretty awful.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Either way Oher was the best choice. He is going to be a beast and IMO a better o-linemen than Rey will be a LB.

Ravens1991
09-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Oher was the best choice, He is a legit top 10 talent who got caught up in being over analized and being in a strong OT class. He is a top 10 talent and a steal. Ozzie has no problem finding LBs, the chances are greater that a player like Rey will be at the late 20s again while a player like Oher wont be.

Ravens1991
09-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Ken Murray said in a baltimore sun live chat that Krueger isnt dressing because he refuses to play special teams. I am shocked he seemed like a team 1st player, but if its true **** him

EdReedUnstoppable
09-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Ken Murray said in a baltimore sun live chat that Krueger isnt dressing because he refuses to play special teams. I am shocked he seemed like a team 1st player, but if its true **** him

He's worthless anyway, cut his ***** ass. Nice 2nd rd pick genious....

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
He's worthless anyway, cut his ***** ass. Nice 2nd rd pick genious....

We should cut Dwill also because he is a bust. He is always injured and he is just a waste of a roster spot.(that was for you ERU) Kruger is a first year guy that needs a year or two to develop. I wouldn't give up on him yet. About the special teams thing I heard that it wasn't because he WON'T play special teams it is because he isn't good enough to play special teams.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
We should cut Dwill also because he is a bust. He is always injured and he is just a waste of a roster spot.(that was for you ERU) Kruger is a first year guy that needs a year or two to develop. I wouldn't give up on him yet. About the special teams thing I heard that it wasn't because he WON'T play special teams it is because he isn't good enough to play special teams.

We should cut D Will, I wish we would so he could go somewhere that will use him as he should be used. Kruger on the other hand wont play special teams/isnt good enough, isnt good enough to play d........perhaps a switch to TE in his future?......

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
We should cut D Will, I wish we would so he could go somewhere that will use him as he should be used. Kruger on the other hand wont play special teams/isnt good enough, isnt good enough to play d........perhaps a switch to TE in his future?......

Dwill isn't playing because Washington is better than him. You are judging a young guy in his first year and defending a guy who has had multiple chances to prove himself. All he has done is get injured.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Dwill isn't playing because Washington is better than him. You are judging a young guy in his first year and defending a guy who has had multiple chances to prove himself. All he has done is get injured.

D Will has shown that when healthy he can play in this league. Paul Kruger has shown he can trick Ozzie Newsome into making a horrible 2nd rd pick yet again.

coordinator0
09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
D Will has shown that when healthy he can play in this league. Paul Kruger has shown he can trick Ozzie Newsome into making a horrible 2nd rd pick yet again.

No, Kruger hasn't shown anything yet. That's a little different than saying what he has shown is bad, but I see where you're coming from.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
No, Kruger hasn't shown anything yet. That's a little different than saying what he has shown is bad, but I see where you're coming from.

His being dominated by grocery bagging olineman aka 4th stringers in the pre-season says alot.