PDA

View Full Version : Bills CB McKelvin Front Lawn Vandalized

DuckHunt
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Bills CB Leodis McKelvin had his frot lawn vandalized...feel kind of bad for the guy, has to feela wful for blowing the NE game.

http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/2009/09/16/bills-leodis-mckelvin-front-lawn-vandalized/

Hurricanes25
09-15-2009, 08:13 PM
It's horrible that a fan would go so low. It's only a game. Some fans need to show some class.

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 08:15 PM
He's a bill, he knows they have crazy fans. He had to see this coming.

tjsunstein
09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I feel like this has happened to McNabb before. Or someone. Can't remember.

Yep, McNabb but it was done by Cardinals fans.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090121_Two_Cardinals_fans_arrested_for_burning_M cNabb_s_lawn.html

d34ng3l021
09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
It's horrible that a fan would go so low. It's only a game. Some fans need to show some class.

Its a front lawn vandalization. I am sure a player making millions upon millions of dollars can overcome a a vandalized front lawn.

I kind of think its funny and pretty much justified. He blew it on the national stage against a team that they have lost to 12 (13?) times in a row so the media can talk about the greatness that is Tom Terrific.

Hurricanes25
09-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Its a front lawn vandalization. I am sure a player making millions upon millions of dollars can overcome a a vandalized front lawn.
I kind of think its funny and pretty much justified. He blew it on the national stage against a team that they have lost to 12 (13?) times in a row so the media can talk about the greatness that is Tom Terrific.

Thats not the point. You dont vandalize someone else's property for making a mistake. It's just not right.

Smooth Criminal
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Thats horrible. I hate this kind of thing. I don't care what they do on the field this kind of thing isn't acceptable.

Zycho32
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, put it this way; the average 'fan' has no leverage to justify this sort of act. In the heat of the moment, he fought and lost, and he gets treated like this by some drunken a***hole as some sort of 'punishment'?

If the good city of Buffalo has any sense, they'll catch and expose the punk who did it so they don't run the risk of other Stars deciding not to come there.

FUNBUNCHER
09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Wrong to do, but I sure as hell understand WHY!!!!

Dude singlehandedly lost the biggest game in recent memory for the Bills because he wanted to be a highlight on ESPN.

Can't win big games with dumb football players. McKelvin needs to grow a brain cell.

Paul
09-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Wrong to do, but I sure as hell understand WHY!!!!

Dude singlehandedly lost the biggest game in recent memory for the Bills because he wanted to be a highlight on ESPN.

Can't win big games with dumb football players. McKelvin needs to grow a brain cell.

Irony?

It's a ******* game. To do something like this is just inexcusable, there is no way you can justify that with "Oh, he lost us a game in week 1. He deserves it." Please, that is just stupid. Something is seriously wrong with you.

TheBuffaloBills
09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
What a complete loser. Sure McKelvin didn't make the best of decision, but really come on.

PackerLegend
09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Who cares he deserves it :D

T-RICH49
09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Irony?

It's a ******* game. To do something like this is just inexcusable, there is no way you can justify that with "Oh, he lost us a game in week 1. He deserves it." Please, that is just stupid. Something is seriously wrong with you.

quoted for the honest truth

Hurricanes25
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Who cares he deserves it.

Nobody deserves to have their property damaged or vandalized for making a stupid mistake in a football game.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
They should of kidnapped his kids and shaved one side of his dog. They should of took a **** in his pool then swished it around so there would be a poop cloud in the pool. They should of just got Paulie to tear his lawn up like he did Christopher's.

PackerLegend
09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Some people are freaking out because his lawn was spray painted. ZOMGZZZ, its not like a burning cross or someone threaten to kill him. The lawn will be just fine and look normal again folks, take it easy! If you have ever thrown toilet paper in someones trees, or a you know had some poop, a bag and fire its basically the equivalent.

ElectricEye
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM
It's not a big deal, but it's still horrible. He made a bad play in a game. People need to really put that where it belongs.

Besides, he could have just as easily busted a 50 yarder there and put us out for good.

Paul
09-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Some people are freaking out because his lawn was spray painted. ZOMGZZZ, its not like a burning cross or someone threaten to kill him. The lawn will be just fine and look normal again folks, take it easy! If you have ever thrown toilet paper in someones trees, or a you know had some poop, a bag and fire its basically the equivalent.

I don't know if Leodis has a family or not, but lets just say he does. Would it be cool then if his wife and kids wake up to find "**** You Leodis, 25-24" spray painted on the lawn? Any man would be upset and little worried to have some idiots vandalize anything on his property. First thing to come to my mind would be, "if they can get this close, then what's next."

The people who need to relax are the people who found it necessary to vandalize some ones property over a football game. There are more important things to get upset about.

BufFan71
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't know if Leodis has a family or not, but lets just say he does. Would it be cool then if his wife and kids wake up to find "**** You Leodis, 25-24" spray painted on the lawn? Any man would be upset and little worried to have some idiots vandalize anything on his property. First thing to come to my mind would be, "if they can get this close, then what's next."

The people who need to relax are the people who found it necessary to vandalize some ones property over a football game. There are more important things to get upset about.

u are talking about Buffalo now...

Paul
09-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Well if that really was the case, Norwood would be dead by now.

redbills
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
well, if I was apart of the fail for that game I'd expect some sh** from the fans.
I am sure this guy is looking for Keith Ellison's house.

tjsunstein
09-15-2009, 10:22 PM

And the Sabres aren't playing yet. What is there to do?

I'm assuming these were grown men who did this. Be mature. It's a game. Boo him when he's on the field, but when he's suppose to be in the "safety" of his own home, let him be.

CC.SD
09-15-2009, 10:44 PM
He deserves it. Not for making the idiotic mistake, but for coming out afterwards and saying he'd do it again. Way not to piss off the fans buddy.

Rosebud
09-15-2009, 11:06 PM
He deserves it. Not for making the idiotic mistake, but for coming out afterwards and saying he'd do it again. Way not to piss off the fans buddy.

Didn't he say he'd run it out again, and not that he'd fight for that yard again? Because I think running it out was a good call, a) because it got them past the 2 minute mark and b) because it gave them a chance at better field position so that should they get stopped they'd be giving the pats the ball with a longer field.

kalbears13
09-16-2009, 01:12 AM
I feel like this has happened to McNabb before. Or someone. Can't remember.

Yep, McNabb but it was done by Cardinals fans.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090121_Two_Cardinals_fans_arrested_for_burning_M cNabb_s_lawn.html

It happened to Braylon last year which started his tirade.

vidae
09-16-2009, 01:35 AM

Seriously? These kinds of fans are the lowest common denominators. Many of us can watch a game from beginning to end and realize there are more important things in life than winning on MNF. Those that can't give real fans everywhere a bad name.

There is no justification for something like this, ever, period.

killxswitch
09-16-2009, 08:06 AM
I'd just be concerned that someone was able to find my house.

awfullyquiet
09-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Didn't he say he'd run it out again, and not that he'd fight for that yard again? Because I think running it out was a good call, a) because it got them past the 2 minute mark and b) because it gave them a chance at better field position so that should they get stopped they'd be giving the pats the ball with a longer field.

OH NOES. Casual Fans don't understand!

**** you punks who think it was 'a good idea' and 'deserved'. You are childish immature slobs who deserve nothing than the **** you get in your life.

There is no justification for something like this, ever, period.

Geo
09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
He made a horrible mistake on the football field, but you don't take that **** off the field. Don't make it personal like that, threaten a man's home, family, life.

Hopefully the idiot goons who did that are arrested.

Freaking A, it's only his second year in the league. He's the best young corner in the league imo.

CC.SD
09-16-2009, 09:43 AM

**** you punks who think it was 'a good idea' and 'deserved'. You are childish immature slobs who deserve nothing than the **** you get in your life.

Theory: AQ is McKelvin.

Gay Ork Wang
09-16-2009, 09:53 AM
nope, AQ just is a rational person with a brain

CC.SD
09-16-2009, 09:56 AM
nope, AQ just is a rational person with a brain

That's fair although I think excessive anger is a little much, no offense. The guy has tens of millions of dollars, this entire incident has resulted in him...telling someone to place a phone call to a cleaning crew.

FlyingElvis
09-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Too big a ***** to confront someone directly so you take out your completely unreasonable frustration on their property? Douche.

Vandalism is the tool of punk ass little bitches, may they all burn in hell.

Crickett
09-16-2009, 10:15 AM
And the Sabres aren't playing yet. What is there to do?

Dave & Busters?
Applebees?

Dave & Busters and Applebees?

They have ambiance and decor.

awfullyquiet
09-16-2009, 10:45 AM
That's fair although I think excessive anger is a little much, no offense. The guy has tens of millions of dollars, this entire incident has resulted in him...telling someone to place a phone call to a cleaning crew.

The problem is, no one tells anyone they're wrong anymore. The reaction that 'it's a fair thing to do' and 'it's okay what these people did' and 'c'mon it was just a joke', is as morally reprehensible as the act itself. Because the people who think it's okay to do that kind of ****, are likely to do that kind of ****.

******* hooligans.

i don't care if mckelvin has more money than bill gates, it doesn't make it right. quit ******* rationalizing on their behalf.

Brent
09-16-2009, 10:55 AM
The problem is, no one tells anyone they're wrong anymore.
People dont like to be confrontational. Our species has become a bunch of wussies.

wogitalia
09-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I think this goes to far but you have to admire the passion...

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 11:29 AM
The problem is, no one tells anyone they're wrong anymore. The reaction that 'it's a fair thing to do' and 'it's okay what these people did' and 'c'mon it was just a joke', is as morally reprehensible as the act itself. Because the people who think it's okay to do that kind of ****, are likely to do that kind of ****.

******* hooligans.

i don't care if mckelvin has more money than bill gates, it doesn't make it right. quit ******* rationalizing on their behalf.

I love this entire post, but this is my favorite. Our society has become so weak, as a whole, that the few who are ruining it are able to get away with much of what they do, and it affects those around them.

Rosebud
09-16-2009, 11:45 AM

I'm not sure whether or not that second part was directed at me or not since you quoted me. But just making sure that you, and only you, understand that my intention was certainly not to defend the pussies who did this.

Nalej
09-16-2009, 11:54 AM

******* hooligans.

I couldn't agree with this more

awfullyquiet
09-16-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure whether or not that second part was directed at me or not since you quoted me. But just making sure that you, and only you, understand that my intention was certainly not to defend the pussies who did this.

just the first part. :)

casual fans don't understand the risk/reward of the situation that McKelvin did.

killxswitch
09-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Dave & Busters?
Applebees?

Dave & Busters and Applebees?

They have ambiance and decor.

They have FLAIR!

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/quiz/21422_1214500610825_500_263.jpg

Vikes99ej
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe this will teach him to hold onto the ball. The NFL is not a league for nice, friendly emotions and sentiments. Win or you'll get hell.

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
This is hilarious, if Bills fans are so mad, cut him, we'll gladly take him off your hands :D

The Unseen
09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I can't believe people are actually applauding this.

LizardState
09-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet :

******* hooligans.

I couldn't agree with this more

Me too, or me 3 in this case.

I'm sure the Buffalo cops would have told him he was wrong, but this is the kind of thing requiring him to be caught in the act. Vandalism is juvenile & wussy cowardly. There are hundreds of venues online & sports radio, sports bars, etc. where he could vent (& just as anonymously too) other than mindless property destruction.

Yes Leodis effed up bigtime, but how does this punishment fit the crime?

Paul
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Maybe this will teach him to hold onto the ball. The NFL is not a league for nice, friendly emotions and sentiments. Win or you'll get hell.

This logic doesn't make sense to me. Any act vandalism or violence, no matter the degree, caused by losing a game is just stupid. It's not passion, it's just an excuse to act like an idiot.

Hurricanes25
09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
If Bills fans want to get back at him, just boo the **** out of him next game. It's not normal to go ruin and vandalize someone else's property.

Vikes99ej
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM
This logic doesn't make sense to me. Any act vandalism or violence, no matter the degree, caused by losing a game is just stupid. It's not passion, it's just an excuse to act like an idiot.

I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but this stuff will happen in the league if you don't perform up to expectations, or even make one small mistake. It sucks that it happened, but everyone should have seen it coming. Obsessed fans like the ones in Buffalo usually don't give a **** about the emotions about players, even there own in some occasions. It's win, win, win, or GTFO.

CC.SD
09-16-2009, 01:48 PM

******* hooligans.

I'm not rationalizing, I just don't care very much. Honestly it's a lawn. I don't know the guy. I suspect the guy himself doesn't consider it as big a deal as many in the media are saying. Because it's a lawn.

Obviously I don't approve and consider whoever did it a complete douche, but that's all.

The Unseen
09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm not saying it was the right thing to do,

but before

If we assume teaching him to hold onto the ball is a good and necessary act, then these statements are

CONTRADICTORY :O

Vikes99ej
09-16-2009, 04:29 PM
but before

If we assume teaching him to hold onto the ball is a good and necessary act, then these statements are

CONTRADICTORY :O

Whatever, this **** happens to kids during Homecoming Week. It sucks, but no one got raped or killed.

d34ng3l021
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm not rationalizing, I just don't care very much. Honestly it's a lawn. I don't know the guy. I suspect the guy himself doesn't consider it as big a deal as many in the media are saying. Because it's a lawn.

Obviously I don't approve and consider whoever did it a complete douche, but that's all.

This.

Of course, I am not promoting vandalism as a way to make a point, but it isn't really that huge of a deal in my opinion. A dumbass fan vandalizes a lawn and people are sympathizing with the millionaire who made a terrible mistake? There have been much worse things that have happened in the history of international sports than a front lawn vandalization.

Lobster
09-16-2009, 04:48 PM
maybe some kids just fumbled some bleach on his lawn, and couldnt recover it before it all ran out. he should be able to relate

BamaFalcon59
09-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Some of y'all are idiots.

There is nothing right about doing this, no excuse. The severity of the act doesn't make it right or wrong, and neither does McKelvin's financial position.

Paul
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM

This.

Of course, I am not promoting vandalism as a way to make a point, but it isn't really that huge of a deal in my opinion. A dumbass fan vandalizes a lawn and people are sympathizing with the millionaire who made a terrible mistake? There have been much worse things that have happened in the history of international sports than a front lawn vandalization.

Do you guys really think people are mad about the 10 minutes it'll take to clean up the spray paint? Come on now. Read the actual posts before making assumptions. The point of some of us are trying to make is, you don't go around vandalizing other people's property, especially there homes, no matter the degree, over something so trivial. Then pass that off as showing "passion" for your team. Please, that's complete bull****.

awfullyquiet
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
This.

you say terrible mistake like 'people died' because of mckelvins actions.
that'd be a terrible mistake.

this is a 'game'. leave what happens in the game, in the game. trash talk on twitter. get angry with your friends at a bar.

suppose you go to a a bar, accidentally steal guys beer, and that guy, instead of saying, hey man, that was real dickish of you, just goes into the parking lot and keys your car. you made a mistake, you knocked over some guys beer, your car is just incidental right? that's what you're saying. right? that this kind of petty **** isn't a big deal. right?

MetSox17
09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
The fact that you all try to justify this stupid act by using his financial situation as an excuse is ********.

I would love for one of those idiot fans to run into a home in Texas and try to do something like that. He would leave in a body bag.

Gay Ork Wang
09-16-2009, 05:03 PM
lets vandalize everyones home everytime sometimes does something wrong in their job. Obviously no one else besides McKelvin ever made a mistake, thats why he has to pay. everyone else is perfect

Vikes99ej
09-16-2009, 05:17 PM
lets vandalize everyones home everytime sometimes does something wrong in their job. Obviously no one else besides McKelvin ever made a mistake, thats why he has to pay. everyone else is perfect

http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/adrian-peterson1.jpg

This man is!

Splat
09-16-2009, 05:35 PM
I never thought I would say this being the huge football fan that I am but football means a little to much to some people.

BlindSite
09-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't care what a player did, this **** isn't right, the same thing happened to Delhomme after the Arizona game.

These players shorten their life span to play this game and many of them give everything they have to continue to play as hard and as well as they can. McKelvin was heart broken after his fumble, I remember seeing him on the sideline when they cut to the coach, he looked like he was about to cry. Trashing his lawn isn't going to make him hold on to the ball better and it's not going to change that loss to a win.

TheBuffaloBills
09-16-2009, 06:04 PM
It was announced it was just some dumb 16 year olds who did it.

d34ng3l021
09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
you say terrible mistake like 'people died' because of mckelvins actions.
that'd be a terrible mistake.

this is a 'game'. leave what happens in the game, in the game. trash talk on twitter. get angry with your friends at a bar.

suppose you go to a a bar, accidentally steal guys beer, and that guy, instead of saying, hey man, that was real dickish of you, just goes into the parking lot and keys your car. you made a mistake, you knocked over some guys beer, your car is just incidental right? that's what you're saying. right? that this kind of petty **** isn't a big deal. right?

Yeah, you bring up some good points; in theory, the act of vandalization is unacceptable and I don't ever want to condone it, but in the particular case with McKevlin, I don't particularly care too much for his lawn. I mis-phrased some things earlier and I didn't mean say that I applaud vandalization for mistakes.

Bucs_Rule
09-16-2009, 08:50 PM

I said NO MUSTARD! Im going to mess this ************** up hardcore.

awfullyquiet
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah, you bring up some good points; in theory, the act of vandalization is unacceptable and I don't ever want to condone it, but in the particular case with McKevlin, I don't particularly care too much for his lawn. I mis-phrased some things earlier and I didn't mean say that I applaud vandalization for mistakes.

That's what i'm here for. Making sure people mean what they say and say what they mean.

FlyingElvis
09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
maybe some kids just fumbled some bleach on his lawn, and couldnt recover it before it all ran out. he should be able to relate

Full of Mutha******' WIN! lol

JT Jag
09-17-2009, 10:15 AM
but before

CONTRADICTORY :Ohttp://techgeist.net/files/2009/07/phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Splat
09-17-2009, 10:33 AM
McKelvin vandals found (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/17/mckelvin-vandals-found/)

"I don't want anybody to be arrested or anything like that," McKelvin said in comments distributed by the team. "Our fans have been great. It's just one incident and hopefully it won't happen anymore. I just don't want anyone to get arrested."

FlyingElvis
09-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Good for you Leodis. Class act is right.

Am I the only one who thinks this writer (term used lightly) is an asshat?

"After second-year Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin . . . allowed the Pats to come all the way back from 11 points down late in the fourth quarter by fumbling a return with little more than two minutes to play on Monday night . . ."

Really? I'm sure Leodis was not responsible for the first TD to Watson. And I'm also sure Leodis was not responsible for the second TD to Watson either. He was responsible for the Pats getting a chance to score the go ahead TD and that's all. Maybe if douchnozzle "journalists" like this one wrote articles that accurately depicted the events of a game we would have less examples of asshat fans committing passive-aggressive acts of stupidity towards one player on a team full of late game fail.

Bills2083
09-17-2009, 01:34 PM
hmmm, I'd like to clarify one thing here.
It appears that some of the posters in this thread are generalizing all Bills fans as these two vandals. Think again because this is not the case.

FlyingElvis
09-17-2009, 02:10 PM
It appears that some of the posters in this thread are generalizing all Bills fans as these two vandals. Think again because this is not the case.

Don't you have some lawns to vandalize?

awfullyquiet
09-17-2009, 02:30 PM

just like not all eagles fans boo santa claus.

7yl3UMO-TkE

FUNBUNCHER
09-17-2009, 02:54 PM
McKelvin vandals found (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/17/mckelvin-vandals-found/)

"I don't want anybody to be arrested or anything like that," McKelvin said in comments distributed by the team. "Our fans have been great. It's just one incident and hopefully it won't happen anymore. I just don't want anyone to get arrested."
I may have to order dude's jersey!!

Very chill, cool cat. Must not have been the worst case of vandalism seen in the Buffalo area.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
The fact that you all try to justify this stupid act by using his financial situation as an excuse is ********.

I would love for one of those idiot fans to run into a home in Texas and try to do something like that. He would leave in a body bag.

Oh no!! Big bad Texas!!! lol no one vandalizes anything in Texas because they will leave in a body bag. ahahahhahahahah one GANGSTA!!!!!

SuperMcGee
09-17-2009, 05:12 PM

Aaaaaand he's pursuing charges.

awfullyquiet
09-17-2009, 06:30 PM
While McKelvin said early Wednesday afternoon he didn't want anyone arrested for what happened, receiver Terrell Owens had a far more defiant reaction.

"Once we make it to the playoffs, tell them to do his lawn again," Owens said. "You just attribute that to ignorance."

per espn.