PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Close to Signing CB Chris McAlister

RaiderNation
09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/09/mcalister_to_oakland.html
Former Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister was in Baltimore over the weekend, and apparently has told a few people close to him that he will eventually sign with the Oakland Raiders.

McAlister is not believed to be near playing shape, and that could take another week or two.

It makes sense that McAlister could end up with Oakland. Raiders owner Al Davis has taken troubled players in the past and given them second chances. McAlister is definitely looking for another opportunity.

If his knees are healthy, he can still become one of the best defensive backs in the league, possibly as a safety

Good news IMO. Would be a huge upgrade as a 3rd CB over Routt, maybe he can play some FS

bernbabybern820
09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
The coaching staff have probably lost all hope in Stanford Routt.

Either that or Al is trying to recreate our last Superbowl year with lots of veterans.

Komp
09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Who do they take off the field to put him in? Tyvon Branch looks like a machine and even Eugene and Huff played well. Oh well, you can never have too much depth at DB, as long as we don't pay an arm and a leg for him.

RaiderNation
09-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Ya Id think he would probably play CB.

LookItsAlDavis
09-16-2009, 07:33 PM
We should probably go ahead and give Marvin Harrison a call as well, or maybe make a play on Hank Baskett if he hasn't already signed elsewhere yet. We could use some reliable hands on the outside until Chaz is back.

Stash
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I'd guess FS, I don't know if McCallister would want to be the 3rd string CB.

bernbabybern820
09-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Either that or they just want him for the obvious passing downs. On the Chargers game winning drive, we still had a lot of our linebackers on the field.

RaiderNation
09-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Ya I dont get why Ricky Brown was in there. Should have just been Howard and Morrison playing the short routes and the DBs playing the long passes. He is a big upgrade over all the CBs behind Aso and CJ

locseti
09-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Ricky Brown is terrible, good point about him being out there on the obvious passing downs, I didn't get that either. he was looking like deangelo hall with that 15 yard cushion over the middle. Why was mcalister let go again? just to make cap room or does he have issues? There must be some reason he hasnt been picked up yet.

RaiderNation
09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
I think he was hurt maybe and they gave him a big contract a year or 2 before that.

09-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Team denying McAlister report.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Raiders-deny-McAlister-report.html

Splat
09-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Why was mcalister let go again? just to make cap room or does he have issues?

He had a huge deal was turning 32 and hasn't played a full season in three years.

Raiderz4Life
09-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Why is our board so dead???