PDA

View Full Version : Zune

themaninblack
09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Anyone own a Zune? I'm thinking about buying one but I figured I'd get some opinions on it beforehand. Thanks.

josh07039
09-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Anyone own a Zune? I'm thinking about buying one but I figured I'd get some opinions on it beforehand. Thanks.I have one of the old brick ones. Even though the next generation and now the HD ones are out which are superior, I am satisfied with the product. The sound quality is better than an Ipod and it is definitely more durable. I read a review of the HD Zune on engadget and it sounded really good.

bernbabybern820
09-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Probably depends on what you want to use it for. I heard Zune has terrible apps compared to the Touch. If you want to use it for just media playing it's probably great. I want something to use to play games and other useful apps get the Touch.

ElectricEye
09-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm a dedicated Zune guy. I have a Zune 80 that's something like a year and a half old. I like it so much more than the Ipod. It just isn't as up it's own ass as much as Apples gadget. Sound quality is beautiful, battery life is great, you can set your own background, displays album art well, ect, ect, ect. The only downside to it is that it doesn't have the social advantages that the Ipod has, such as being able to get it to work in your car/other peoples car and such.

If you're looking to buy one, go for the HD. Microsoft is doing away with the older ones(which probably means you'll be able to get one for real cheap if that matters to you). I'm really sad that they don't have a storage capacity above 32 GB's for it given my 65 GB music collection :(

niel89
09-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I have a Zune and an iPod. Frankly I like my zune better based on one main point. My Zunes battery is much better then the ipod. If I leave them both untouched for a week the ipod will be dead and my zune will have full battery still. The Ipod touch does have great apps and such but as a straight up music/video player, I like my zune much better.

The Zune HD is coming out so you can either wait and snag one of those when it comes out or you can get an older one for cheap.

CashmoneyDrew
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
tqTYI55K1eo

Paul
09-18-2009, 07:49 PM
I have a zune. The player itself is fine I guess, but the Zune Software blows balls.

niel89
09-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I have a zune. The player itself is fine I guess, but the Zune Software blows balls.

I agree the software is garbage. I wish there was a good drag and drop program. I think Itunes sucks also.

ElectricEye
09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Pretty much every MP3 player software is useless bloatware. That's not changing anytime soon.

vidae
09-18-2009, 11:04 PM
tqTYI55K1eo

Hahaha, I forgot how awesome that clip was. I can't wait for Chuck to come back.

To somewhat answer the original question, my sister had both a Zune and an iPod. She loved the sound quality on the zune a lot more than the ipod and has been a hardcore zuner since.

JT Jag
09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
The Zune would a superior product to the iPod if it had the following the iPod does, due to its outstanding music-sharing system.

That said, no one has a Zune, so the iPod is better.

Raiderz4Life
09-19-2009, 01:55 AM
When do you guys think would be the right time to buy an older model for cheap? I have an ipod but i hate it and i want something else but I'm on bit a budget right now...I'd say my limit floats at bout 100 maybe 150

MiWolves
09-21-2009, 03:07 AM
I just got the Zune HD and compared to the iPod touch its about the same without all the Apps the only thing the Zune HD has that the ipod touch doesn't have is a HD Radio and it has a much longer battery life. So in terms of music player the Zune HD is better but if you want a mp3 player with loads of apps and low battery life get the itouch

themaninblack
09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone!

jsa230
09-21-2009, 11:29 AM
dude, don't be stupid, get an ipod

aNYtitan
09-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I have a Zune and an iPod. Frankly I like my zune better based on one main point. My Zunes battery is much better then the ipod. If I leave them both untouched for a week the ipod will be dead and my zune will have full battery still. The Ipod touch does have great apps and such but as a straight up music/video player, I like my zune much better.

The Zune HD is coming out so you can either wait and snag one of those when it comes out or you can get an older one for cheap.

What year is your iPod. I got a mini last year as a gift, and I could go using it roughly 2 hours 5 days maybe more and leave it alone for the rest of the time and I still have half if not more battery left. Usually need to charge every week and a half 2 weeks depending on use. The older ones I remember were horrible in battery life