PDA

View Full Version : WR Draft Prospects

EdReedUnstoppable
09-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I figure we can all agree that WR is a huge area of need in the upcoming 2010 draft. So I figured we can talk about all of our favorite WR prospects in here. Allow me to start......

A guy I have been a fan of for the past couple of years and Im watching him play great today.....

Eric Decker WR Minnesota 6'3 220

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/dlevarse/eric_decker_UM.jpg

Great hands, tough as nails, has size, speed, runs great routes, gets seperation. He does it all.

And of course this guy.....

Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State 6'2 220

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/573142.jpg

BEAST!!

Those are my 2 favorites as of right now, Im sure it'll change as the year goes on. Let me see what you guys think and who your favorite WR prospects for us are.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-19-2009, 07:16 PM
ever since this last years draft ended, I have been on the Brandon Lafell bandwagon. He reminds me so much of the next Dwayne Bowe, or just a taller version of Anquan Boldin, I love what he does after contact, he's the big physical WR that can go over the middle, that the Ravens need.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/65/657945.jpg

coordinator0
09-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I like Briscoe myself. Big target that can stretch the field. I've seen him compared to Plaxico, hopefully without all of the "other" issues.

America
09-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I love Decker. That TD against Cal was badass.

ccB
09-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Dez Bryant is amazing and is easily my favorite WR target but I expect him to be out of our range come draft day. Brandon LaFell is probably more likely to be at our pick (assuming this hot start is an example of things to come) and I would love to take him. He would bring a toughness to the WR corps and could be Flaccos favorite target across the middle or in the end zone.

dcarey20
09-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Well Dez Bryant is out of the question considering he'll be a top 10 maybe top 5 guy. If we're talking mid-late first round range, I'm big on Brandon Lafell as of right now.

Ravens1991
09-23-2009, 09:59 PM
I agree I would love Lafell, I would love anyone right now IDC who it is.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Naaman Roosevelt.

mikedoobie
09-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Naturally Lafell would be a good choice has solid, size, nice hands and good production but another guy who will catch alot of eyes and scouts will be...
Mardy Gilyard
he is a bit thin, but he is one tough kid and knows how to work the middle and once the ball is in his hands he can make guys miss and truly is a threat anywhere on the field. One of the best screen recievers, returners, and gamebreakers. Would be a great 2nd round pick if he was still there.

as for those who have to declare other guys who are intruiging are Benn or Damiam Williams along with Dez

coordinator0
09-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Looks like another good year for WR's at the top of the draft. I bet we bypass one yet again and go with a defensive lineman :D.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
The only position I wouldn't mind them passing on WR is DB. If they can find a big physical corner then I would rather have him. Foxworth is an excellent corner for those smaller speedy WR's but he's no match for guys like Vincent Jackson or any other tall physical WR. They need someone like Darrelle Revis at corner.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Well about every team in the league needs a Revis type CB. Anyways with how deep the talent at WR could potentially be I think the Ravens have to nab a WR in the first round. I honestly don't see any CB talent who is a standout first round pick.

mikedoobie
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
The only CB id be comfortable taking in the late first come draft day from what ive seen is Perrish Cox, the kid has everything and is a playmaker.
then we could look at WR prospects who could be there round 2 like Gilyard, Decker, Damian Williams

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Handicapping the Ravens to a CB or WR in the first round though would be foolish. Knowing Ozzie the first round pick will end up being a player from neither position. Possibly someone like Arthur Jones as the replacement to Trevor Pryce. Maybe a 3-4 OLB prospect like Greg Hardy or Jerry Hughes. Or damn if the Ravens ended up with Rolando McClain as the successor to Ray he could be scary flying around in this defense. Don't rule out TE either although first round TE is looking more unlikely now. I just can't see Ozzie drafting a WR in the first round unless it's an absolute must like the year Clayton was drafted.

coordinator0
09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
It could very well be a must though. I believe that Mason, Clayton, Williams, and possibly Washington (not sure on him, but I know the first three are right) are all on the last year of their contracts. I expect at least one to get re-signed though, but still our top three/four receivers are free agents after this year.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2009, 05:23 PM
It doesn't take much to replenish the receivers in place now. The team is basically one deep in Mason with 3 other scrubs who could be replaced by any WR looking for a job right now. If Mason is back the Ravens could just sign 2 or 3 FA WR's and be happy. Mark Clayton will probably be back as he has little market and Williams will be back.

mikedoobie
09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
i would never suggest just drafting position of need as we never will nor should we but of our needs perrish cox fits great value and need in rd 1.
But my wishlist for late first round players at this point would be (only sr's)
Corey Wootton
Perrish Cox
Sean Weatherspoon
Brandon LaFell
Arthur Jones
Jermaine Gresham

coordinator0
09-28-2009, 05:30 PM
It doesn't take much to replenish the receivers in place now. The team is basically one deep in Mason with 3 other scrubs who could be replaced by any WR looking for a job right now. If Mason is back the Ravens could just sign 2 or 3 FA WR's and be happy. Mark Clayton will probably be back as he has little market and Williams will be back.

Washington has looked far from a scrub so far. He's been a solid option over the middle, especially on third downs. I don't think D-Will is going to be back though, he hasn't gotten any playing time thus far and we've played a couple of pretty bad teams.

ccB
09-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Handicapping the Ravens to a CB or WR in the first round though would be foolish. Knowing Ozzie the first round pick will end up being a player from neither position. Possibly someone like Arthur Jones as the replacement to Trevor Pryce. Maybe a 3-4 OLB prospect like Greg Hardy or Jerry Hughes. Or damn if the Ravens ended up with Rolando McClain as the successor to Ray he could be scary flying around in this defense. Don't rule out TE either although first round TE is looking more unlikely now. I just can't see Ozzie drafting a WR in the first round unless it's an absolute must like the year Clayton was drafted.

We've wanted to draft a TE early the last couple years so I think it could be a definite possibility for our pick. Especially if it comes down to WR or TE and the TE is higher on our draft board, but the only TE I'd want to spend a 1st on is Jermaine Gresham if he heals up and is 100% healthy come combine time.