PDA

View Full Version : Week two reflections thread.

jballa838
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Post them here. mine upcoming.

jballa838
09-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Seahawks top performers:
Seneca Wallace: 15/23 for 127 1 TD 1 Int in a half of play. not too shabby, but didn't look that great
Justin Forsett: 5 carries 35 yards, 6 catches 57 yards. Also helped out in the return game some.
Housh: 4 for 64.
Carlson: 6 for 46.
Burleson: 4 for 46. 30 yards on two punt returns.
LoJack: two sacks
Cornerbacks: no big plays through the air and defended the outside very well.

Thought one: When Babs is our leading tackler, you know it was a long day. San Fran was running through our front 7 like they were a cake walk, and the 9ers 256 yards rushing tells the story of the game. Frank Gore beasted us, and we couldnt stop him if we tried. he had 200+ himself.
Thought two: We need our line healthy. We had less than 100 on the ground and 2.9 YPC. We only got sacked once, so thats a good sign.
Thought three: I'm sure glad we are at Qwest next week.

and finally:
any word on Hasselbecks injury will be greatly appreciated and stickied, since he is a huge part of our team.

thebow305
09-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Not to troll or anything, but I did watch some of the game today and was wondering what Seattle fans think about Forsett? Is he legit and could he be a threat to Jones this season?

jballa838
09-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Not to troll or anything, but I did watch some of the game today and was wondering what Seattle fans think about Forsett? Is he legit and could he be a threat to Jones this season?
I am a big fan of Justin Forsett. He's underutilized in our offense and he runs well and catches the ball out of the backfield well. So to answer your question, he might be as the season progresses, but as of right now its more a "RBC" style backfield.

summond822
09-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Well, it's always easy to be a doomsayer when they lose, but unfortunately I'm actually wondering about how this team is going to handle losing Hasselbeck for a couple of weeks. With a fractured rib, it is not likely that he will be playing for the next 3-4 weeks regardless of what anybody on ESPN says.

That said, our run defense needs to improve. Two 80 yard runs by a defense is inexcusable.

This is looking a lot like last year, where injuries derailed a pretty good team. Great teams struggle with injuries, pretty good teams fail with injuries. Here's hoping everyone gets healthy soon or else we could be in for another hard year. I still say they finish close to the .500 mark, but it's looking like it will be the lower end of that spectrum.

Cicero
09-22-2009, 12:17 AM

I'm just going to be completely honest here...Julius Jones is a horrible RB. He's absolutely terrible. Although not that physically gifted, at least Forsett is decent. Do I think he should be a starting RB in the NFL? No. Regardless of that, he's the best we've got and deserves to get the most touches.