PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Cowboys vs. Giants

pocketaces
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
About an hour till kickoff, who ya got? I'm say Boys 27 Giants 23.

MetSox17
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM
I think Romo really takes advantage of the beat up Giants secondary tonight. I don't think the run defense will be as porous as last week's, i really think the humidity and heat in Tampa took a huge toll on everyone. Wade himself said that was the hottest game, temperature wise, that he had ever been a part of.

Dallas 31
New York 17

LonghornsLegend
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Expecting a semi-shootout with Romo having a big day, their injuries are really starting to pile up.

Keeping my eye on Scandrick 2nite, I think he'll match up with Steve Smith with the start, interested to see how he looks, I know he'll be on his best game.

Go Cowboys
09-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Seems like Newman is having trouble covering guys.

Great play by Ratliff

Another wide open Steve Smith

Go Cowboys
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Bobby Carpenter actually hit somebody for once.

Sidenote: There are a ton of people all over the place, I mean there are people outside the stadium watching the game on some giant screens. Wonder what the attendance is

Go Cowboys
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know if there is something wrong with Newman? He is getting beat like he stole something.

pocketaces
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
17 points off TO's. Pathetic. Romo needs to get it together.

Ward
09-20-2009, 09:14 PM
17 points off TO's. Pathetic. Romo needs to get it together.

Yes, even if the Phillips INT was flukey, it was still a bad throw. Maybe a healthy Phillips doesn't need the luck of Witten's kick and it really does count for 6. 3 turnovers (by the team) in the first half of the first game of the new stadium.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Sloppy.

What is worse is they don't seem upset. They go back to the sideline and mope.

It is as if they almost expect to make mistakes and it ceases to anger them.

I would have ripped Romo's face off the first one and Newman letting a WR get in back of him on a 3rd and 10.

Sloppy team.

Ward
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Sloppy.

What is worse is they don't seem upset. They go back to the sideline and mope.

It is as if they almost expect to make mistakes and it ceases to anger them.

I would have ripped Romo's face off the first one and Newman letting a WR get in back of him on a 3rd and 10.

Sloppy team.

I try to avoid the emotional assessments, only because I don't know how much of my assessment is based off the network broadcast editing. I feel like there's a lot of sideline talking and rallying that we definitely don't ever get to see.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
How about this ... Scandrick need to learn to tackle. He has blown three tackles right in front of him which turned into yards.

Newman also. At least twice.

Sloppy.

crisco0710
09-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry, but yall have been riding the high horse on our corners. They are GARBAGE. I look around the league and see Revis hold Andre and Moss to 5 catches for 53 yards then I look at Newman getting beat by (enter random bum in NFL) its pathetic. Scandrick is a joke. I loved him last year but I think we expected too much out of him this year.

crisco0710
09-20-2009, 10:15 PM
and now we abandon our running game and let the inconsistent Romo pass :(

pocketaces
09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Its just sad. We are just handing them the game. Got the running game going and go back to letting Romo make bad throws. 3 picks and under 50%.

pocketaces
09-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Scandrick is playing like a big ol *****. Arm tackling *****

crisco0710
09-20-2009, 10:32 PM
We go back to the running game and we weren't stopped.

Im_a_Romosexual
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
still no sacks. wtf

barely any pressure

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Typical Cowboys Loss.

I officially can't stand Tony Romo. He is soft in the head.

This team is simply soft and can only play downhill.

And f' Jerrah and his idiot Head Coach.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm pissed. Garrett hasnt changed at all, I dont know what the hell was wrong with Tony, our pass defense is broken, zero sacks in two games/pass rush is sporadic as hell, etc, etc, etc.

pocketaces
09-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Well we deserved to lose. Gawd awful QB play, No sacks again, Secondary made no plays again. Just an awful game. Cant give them 24 points and expect to win, although we were in position to do it.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm pissed. Garrett hasnt changed at all, I dont know what the hell was wrong with Tony, our pass defense is broken, zero sacks in two games/pass rush is sporadic as hell, etc, etc, etc.

Garrett? What are you talking about?

Our Problem is our QB is soft and out D Coordinator/HC is simply not bright enough to understand what is important versus not.

I am sure we will hear all day tomorrow how Wade is taking the blame (but not really) and how GMen played a great game.

BTW GMen have big problems. Not very good. D is awful. Running game pretty bad too.

Im_a_Romosexual
09-20-2009, 10:53 PM

we were gashing them on the ground, but for a couple series we barely ran it.

edit: that and Romo was bad, which should have been a clue on handing it off more

Gribble
09-20-2009, 10:53 PM

Our Problem is our QB is soft and out D Coordinator/HC is simply not bright enough to understand what is important versus not.

I am sure we will hear all day tomorrow how Wade is taking the blame (but not really) and how GMen played a great game.

BTW GMen have big problems. Not very good.

I thought Garrett's playcalling was fine. Romo just played bad and the defense is broken. We can't force turnovers and it's bend but don't break. No pressure.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM

BTW GMen have big problems. Not very good.

Garrett was moronic. We ran for 251 yards on the ground but, he was in pass mode all freaking game. Not to mention, he doesnt play Felix Jones. Not even when he is averaging 15 yards a pop. If Tony is off and you're averaging 8.5 or so yards a run, run the freaking ball.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Well we deserved to lose. Gawd awful QB play, No sacks again, Secondary made no plays again. Just an awful game. Cant give them 24 points and expect to win, although we were in position to do it.

Soft from top to bottom.

This team needs entire new staff from a real GM on down.

thule
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
It's bus driver time for tony romo....our team is good enough to win with a bus driver right now...gotta take the ball out of tony's hands. He can throw 30 times a game max...check out in 8 man fronts otherwise run the damn ball. We can't keep giving away games...when our front 7 and OL dominate the LOS.

This game was dominated by us...and yet we gave it away.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Garrett was moronic. We ran for 251 yards on the ground but, he was in pass mode all freaking game. Not to mention, he doesnt play Felix Jones. Not even when he is averaging 15 yards a pop. If Tony is off and you're averaging 7 or so yards a run, run the freaking ball.

This is nonsense. You scored 31 points and we made their D looked horrid.

If the QB were not such a loser this game would have been over by the third quarter.

Garrett can't game plan a QB floating crap up in the air. He can only bench him.

Romo also kept throwing the ball into double coverage in the 2nd half. Why, no idea.

Bench Romo. He is soft.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 10:59 PM
No way. We killed them on the ground and yet he abandons the run. It's insane, anyone can see that we werent having success through the air. If that's the case, and you're getting first downs in two plays on the ground. Just run. Garrett is way too damn pass happy, as always. They didnt show that they could stop the run all game long and yet, we passed a few more times than we ran. It may have been a one play difference but, this was a game to stick with the running game all night. They couldnt stop it.

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
The Romo era should end soon hopefully.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Garrett was moronic. We ran for 251 yards on the ground but, he was in pass mode all freaking game. Not to mention, he doesnt play Felix Jones. Not even when he is averaging 15 yards a pop. If Tony is off and you're averaging 8.5 or so yards a run, run the freaking ball.

Maybe, but when it was all said and done, you guys had the lead, with Garrett calling a hell of a series. Your defense got owned on the last drive. Bad luck also contributed with that tipped pass.

Im_a_Romosexual
09-20-2009, 11:01 PM
nope Romo is the QB for at least 4-5 more years, barring injury

Deal with it

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:02 PM
No way. We killed them on the ground and yet he abandons the run. It's insane, anyone can see that we werent having success through the air. If that's the case, and you're getting first downs in two plays on the ground. Just run. Garrett is way too damn pass happy, as always. They didnt show that they could stop the run all game long and yet, we passed a few more times than we ran. It may have been a one play difference but, this was a game to stick with the running game all night. They couldnt stop it.

When did he abandon the run?

You are repeating jibberish.

Look at the last two drives and tell me where he abandoned the run?

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:02 PM
ugh. Tony isnt getting benched anytime soon and rightfully so.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Maybe, but when it was all said and done, you guys had the lead, with Garrett calling a hell of a series. Your defense got owned on the last drive. Bad luck also contributed with that tipped pass.

GMen got a few breaks too.

Every tip went your way. Manningham twice. Phillips.

GMen have serious problems on that D.

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:03 PM
nope Romo is the QB for at least 4-5 more years, barring injury

Deal with it
That should be fun to watch.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:04 PM
ugh. Tony isnt getting benched anytime soon and rightfully so.

Rightfully so????

Romo has pretty much sucked since his injury last year.

Don't let last week fool you.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philly, Today ......

Gribble
09-20-2009, 11:04 PM
So we go from Romo leading us basically to victory in the Tampa game last week to throwing him under the bus and wanting him benched after losing by 2? You really want Kitna in there?

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
And not only is Romo awful, the D sucks too.

Eli played pitch and catch the entire evening.

Safeties were non existent. ILB on pass coverage not existent.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:06 PM
So we go from Romo leading us basically to victory in the Tampa game last week to throwing him under the bus and wanting him benched after losing by 2? You really want Kitna in there?

Anyone who saw that game objectively understands Romo was not throwing very well either.

Those plays were broken coverage by Tampa for the most past except for Austin's play.

LonghornsLegend
09-20-2009, 11:07 PM
I have no problems with Garrett this game, from my perspective he called a great game, Romo has just got to know when to calm down which I thought he was focusing on this season, but it was like a snowball effect with the turnovers. You can't win games when your QB is turning the ball over like that, there is no excuse for it at all and if he wants to be the starter he's got to understand that at some point.

Wtf was that bomb to Hurd with a deep safety staring down Hurd in the face? I mean those are avoidable, there's nothing there, it's like a brain lapse or something....He got it together enough to give us the lead, but he's got to cut back on those.

Anthony Spencer's motor was terrible and he played like **** for a huge portion of that 4th quarter, after awhile he was coming off the edge wide as hell and just getting pushed out of the pocket like nothing, it was pathetic...He made some great players tonight, so I know he has that in him but he was running completely hot and cold especially when we needed him most.

I would of liked to see us at least try to go to Roy more on short routes to let him run after the catch, I know he had that TD that be could of possibly got both feet in for, but we didn't even try to get him involved to see if he can make a play...I don't think a few balls is asking much, and it's something to get Tony into a groove.

I don't think were in terrible shape, we have got alot of concerns but so do other teams, we have to show we can bounce back from a tough loss and come out ready to play vs Carolina...I'm more worried about how we play in December then September, but it's disappointing seeing a game we should have won slip away.

More then anything that happened I'm very upset that Romo can still make that many turnovers in one game, no matter how good you are you can't overcome that stuff...Throw it out of bounds, take a sack, anything is better then what he's doing..He shouldn't get benched, I don't want a new QB, I just want him to get taht lesson pounded into his head.

Also not impressed with our 3rd down defense very much at all, pressure hasn't been reaching the QB at all it seems like. Demarcus Ware sighting?

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
When did he abandon the run?

You are repeating jibberish.

Look at the last two drives and tell me where he abandoned the run?

Abandoned the run, in the sense that he didnt stick with it the whole game. I'm sorry, it was a poorly called game. Like I said, there was not one time all game, where they showed they could stop the run. And yet, he has Tony Romo, who is having an abysmal game, chucking again and again. He loves the pass, regardless of what his backers are doing for him. He can be a good one but, he is stubborn as hell.

And he needs to get Felix more involved. Pretty hilarious that other fans are even ragging on him for this in the other thread. Its become a bit of a joke. We need to get him the ball.

Gribble
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Anyone who saw that game objectively understands Romo was not throwing very well either.

Those plays were broken coverage by Tampa for the most past except for Austin's play.

And the broken coverages were taken advantage of by Romo... If that's an indictment of him then that's weak.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:09 PM
I thought Sensy played a good game...no big plays...no missed tackles. He did his job...only gave up that pass to boss which he was in good position.

Where the hell is Ware? They weren't chipping him much and he still wasn't collapsing the pocket. Ratliff is a player...but other than that I came away disappointed

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
It's not a coincidence that undrafted QBs usually don't have success long enough to be consistent. And Romo isn't Warner.

Gribble
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM
It's not a coincidence that undrafted QBs usually don't have success long enough to be consistent. And Romo isn't Warner.

Obviously... because our undrafted free agent QB hasn't been a part of us scoring more than 30 points in both our games this year... And isn't what... 28-13 as a starter?

thule
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Tony Romo has been off two weeks in a row. I'm not sure why he got the pass last week from most people here...but outside of the highlight reel he was off too. There is definately something to this.

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Obviously... because our undrafted free agent QB hasn't been a part of us scoring more than 30 points in both our games this year... And isn't what... 28-13 as a starter?
How does he perform in big reg season games or even playoffs?

thule
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM

He also has gotten to work with one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. I'm not a Romo hater...but I sure ain't a Romo lover.

Ward
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
My dad sent me a text asking why we didn't get Brees when he was FA. This saddens me because he's being a crazy old man, but maybe crazy like a fox...

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
And the broken coverages were taken advantage of by Romo... If that's an indictment of him then that's weak.

I have no idea what you are saying. He had a big game b/c Tamps DB sucked so bad they made us look good.

To say Tony took advantage of anything last week is some serious homer glasses on.

I saw the Tampa game, he was not throwing it well. Got away with a few floaters and was even called out for crappy footwork by Moose Johnston.

Way too focused on stats. Fact is he has been **** since last year.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Abandoned the run, in the sense that he didnt stick with it the whole game. I'm sorry, it was a poorly called game. Like I said, there was not one time all game, where they showed they could stop the run. And yet, he has Tony Romo, who is having an abysmal game, chucking again and again. He loves the pass, regardless of what his backers are doing for him. He can be a good one but, he is stubborn as hell.

And he needs to get Felix more involved. Pretty hilarious that other fans are even ragging on him for this in the other thread. Its become a bit of a joke. We need to get him the ball.

Pulled Quad is usually 2-4 weeks isn't it? If it's a pull and not a strain for MB3...he will be forced to give the workload to Felix. Maybe it'll wake him up....I also am disappointed with Garrett. I do think that he is calling good games this year...however you can definately critize a few things he has done. The 2 TE formation has been money tho. But he needs to work it in the redzone better....we should be automatic.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Tony Romo has been off two weeks in a row. I'm not sure why he got the pass last week from most people here...but outside of the highlight reel he was off too. There is definately something to this.

Talk to Gribble. I said this already. He sucked last week too. He sucked late last year from injury on.

Gribble
09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
He also has gotten to work with one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. I'm not a Romo hater...but I sure ain't a Romo lover.

Well the point is that he is not as terrible as people are making him out to be. I thought the big stage got to Romo today... he was way off.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:18 PM
My dad sent me a text asking why we didn't get Brees when he was FA. This saddens me because he's being a crazy old man, but maybe crazy like a fox...

I was such a big fan for the Romo for Cutler move this offseason. I think that oone was more realistic.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Anybody, not a homer, can see something is wrong with him.

It is like the guy who always get close to achieving something but there is this personality hitch which causes them to make bad decisions at crucial points.

This guy has sucked bad in big games. He has not won ONE big game.

M.O.T.H.
Homer glasses? Try watching a breakdown or a playbook show, to give you a better idea. Tony was off in the 1st half, last week that is true but, Tony took advantage of their piss poor coverage. Sabby was reading Tony's eyes as they were on Witten the entire time and when he pump faked, in came Sabby, freeing up Crayton. The Miles Td was a beautiful back shoulder throw. And the Roy TD, yes more broken coverage, but, he fit it into the window perfectly. The Bucs secondary sucks but, Tony took full advantage of it, locating their faults. He played well in the end of it.

Tonight Rob, right on the money. He was awful, last week...not so much.

thule
Well the point is that he is not as terrible as people are making him out to be. I thought the big stage got to Romo today... he was way off.

Whats the excuse for last week?

Gribble
I was such a big fan for the Romo for Cutler move this offseason. I think that oone was more realistic.

Well looking at it from this week to last is kinda funny. Cutler was something vs the Steelers today.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Tony Romo is a flake. A head case. More balanced than Ryan Leaf but not much more.

There are just some guys who no matter how much they got going for them -- they can't get over the hump.

That is Tony Romo.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Anybody, not a homer, can see something is wrong with him.

It is like the guy who always get close to achieving something but there is this personality hitch which causes them to make bad decisions at crucial points.

This guy has sucked bad in big games. He has not won ONE big game.

Green Bay game he won. Also in Chicago he won in week 3. However he definately hasn't lost more than he won.

Gribble
09-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Whats the excuse for last week?

He was terrible last week? I'll give in to what you're saying that his accuracy has been iffy, but emotional overreactions are a little much in this thread right now.

Ward
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
This is just like that game in Buffalo, except without the happy ending. Romo takes too long to "get hot", and didn't have enough time to bail himself out of the mess he put the team in.

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:23 PM
It's not an overreaction if you're reacting to the same stupid turnovers pretty much every week.

Gribble
Green Bay game he won. Also in Chicago he won in week 3. However he definately hasn't lost more than he won.

I'll add... Eagles game on the road in 2007. Giants game week 1 that year. Giants game last year. Giants game in 2006 on the road. Colts game (when they were undefeated) in 2006.

pocketaces
Pulled Quad is usually 2-4 weeks isn't it? If it's a pull and not a strain for MB3...he will be forced to give the workload to Felix. Maybe it'll wake him up....I also am disappointed with Garrett. I do think that he is calling good games this year...however you can definately critize a few things he has done. The 2 TE formation has been money tho. But he needs to work it in the redzone better....we should be automatic.

We were 4 for 4 in the red zone werent we?

herniateddisc

Green Bay in 2007.

GMen in NJ in 2007.

That is about it in my book but also realise that team was firmly in the driver's seat most of the season.

DO or DIE? He sucks.

M.O.T.H.

Watch him give all the carries to Choice, if Barber is out. All 10 carries to lead the team. :/

pocketaces
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
This is just like that game in Buffalo, except without the happy ending. Romo takes too long to "get hot", and didn't have enough time to bail himself out of the mess he put the team in.

We were bailed out. The Defense couldnt hold it.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I'll add... Eagles game on the road in 2007. Giants game week 1 that year. Giants game last year. Giants game in 2006 on the road. Colts game (when they were undefeated) in 2006.

Homer. None of those game were that big.

Hell tonite is not that big but he keeps making the same stooooopid mistakes.

I mean, you gotta be scarred mentally to keep doing what he does.

He is a tease but when the lights shine brightest he comes up small every time.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:26 PM
On the positive side...Kyle Kosier was amazing tonight.

I'm not even looking forward to next week. dammit. :(

Gribble
Pssh... I'm obviously disappointed in losing this game but we're 1-1. There's a long season ahead for this team and it really took a terrible game with fluky stuff happening to lose to the Giants.

thule
We were 4 for 4 in the red zone werent we?

Yes....I disagreed with the play calling though. But as long as we are putting it in the endzone I guess I shouldn't complain.

herniateddisc
31 Points and 250 yards rusjing but Garrett stunk.

Incredible, same guys killing Garrett are sucking off Romo.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
On the positive side...Kyle Kosier was amazing tonight.

I'm not even looking forward to next week. dammit. :(

I said last year he was the glue to the OL. Why, dunno but he is.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Yes....I disagreed with the play calling though. But as long as we are putting it in the endzone I guess I shouldn't complain.

Garrett embarrassed the GMen.

Romo embarrassed himself.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Pssh... I'm obviously disappointed in losing this game but we're 1-1. There's a long season ahead for this team and it really took a terrible game with fluky stuff happening to lose to the Giants.

It hurts worse when you outplay a team for 59 mins....and now they are 2-0 against the NFC East which basically puts us in the wild card race already in week 2. That is what pisses me off about this game.

pocketaces
09-20-2009, 11:29 PM
LOL Im glad somebody is on my ignore. I can only imagine.....:rolleyes:

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Tony's so weak mentally. He wants to be a celebrity more than a football player, at least Brady won rings before being talked about on E! news.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Tony's so weak mentally. He wants to be a celebrity more than a football player, at least Brady won rings before being talked about on E! news.

I don't think he wants celebrity, I think he wants to move back to Wisconsin and buy a milk farm.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:31 PM
31 Points and 250 yards rusjing but Garrett stunk.

Incredible, same guys killing Garrett are sucking off Romo.

Pleeeeeeeeeease. 251 yards rushing, and he didnt stick with it. Relegating Felix to 7 carries again, despite him being unstoppable. Yeah great, we have running plays to get yardage. Why dont you call them more frequently? Barber should have had well over 20 carries in this game and Felix should have def. broke 10 carries. But of course not. It doesnt matter how well they do, he wants to pass first.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Garrett embarrassed the GMen.

Romo embarrassed himself.

Garrett also embarrassed himself. When you have 100,000 fans screaming run! Yeah you may want to listen.

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Garrett should treat Romo like Parcells treated Q as both will kill you with turnovers if asked to do too much.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Not to mention when everyone on the Planet knows that Tony is having a off game...Garrett needs to step up and pull the reigns back on Romo and limit the playbook and checks at the LOS. Keep routes across the middle where Tony's only success was today.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
You have a team full of possession WR's and TE's with exception of Austin and 3 RB's with hands...and yet we still feel the needs to stretch the field when Romo is off. We have to be able to adjust when one of our players is off.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Garrett also embarrassed himself. When you have 100,000 fans screaming run! Yeah you may want to listen.

When did we not run the ball?

Again, you are talking nonsense.

I am trying to figure out a time where we should run that we did not.

We ran for 250 yards. Wake up.

Gribble
09-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Not to mention when everyone on the Planet knows that Tony is having a off game...Garrett needs to step up and pull the reigns back on Romo and limit the playbook and checks at the LOS. Keep routes across the middle where Tony's only success was today.

That's the big complaint I had with Garrett today. So many routes outside the hashmarks. When your QB is having an off night don't make him have to hit those tough throws.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:37 PM
It's just aggravating. Barber and Jones only running a combined 25 times, despite averaging 9 yards per carry. Stick with what is working on what became a depleted D-Line, that wasnt stopping the run when Tuck was even in there.

scottyboy
09-20-2009, 11:37 PM
GMen got a few breaks too.

Every tip went your way. Manningham twice. Phillips.

GMen have serious problems on that D.

don't worry about our D.

I mean, Ross, Canty, Dockery all didn't play and Johnson and Phillips were both banged up and Tuck left the game.

But srsly, why was Marty B not used more? jeebus. Shoulda used him more

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
You have a team full of possession WR's and TE's with exception of Austin and 3 RB's with hands...and yet we still feel the needs to stretch the field when Romo is off. We have to be able to adjust when one of our players is off.

Except the problem is the Romo mistakes have NOTHING to do with that.

Kick ball.
Floater.
Throwing the ball to Phillips cuz "I did not see him.".

Where did a turnover come from trying to stretch he field too much???????

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM
When did we not run the ball?

Again, you are talking nonsense.

I am trying to figure out a time where we should run that we did not.

We ran for 250 yards. Wake up.

25 total carries (Barber/Jones) is an absolute joke when they're averaging 9 yards per run. Stick with the running game, all damn night. He didnt do this. Dallas runs more, they win this game no problem, imo.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
don't worry about our D.

I mean, Ross, Canty, Dockery all didn't play and Johnson and Phillips were both banged up and Tuck left the game.

But srsly, why was Marty B not used more? jeebus. Shoulda used him more

I am here to tell you worry. I saw last week and Skins suck offensively. We could not throw and still gashed you for 250?

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Tony really shouldn't throw more than 25 times a game as long as the score doesn't become prohibitive.

Giantsfan1080
09-20-2009, 11:42 PM
So when does Eli ever get some credit?

thule
09-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Except the problem is the Romo mistakes have NOTHING to do with that.

Kick ball.
Floater.
Throwing the ball to Phillips cuz "I did not see him.".

Where did a turnover come from trying to stretch he field too much???????

Phillips play was one example...even if Phillips wasn't there it wasn't catchable. The one to Williams along the sideline was also not a good decision...he had a open checkdown in the flats. I'm not against going down the field...but not when your QB is off. He was just off on everything outside of the hashes today.

scottyboy
09-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I am here to tell you worry. I saw last week and Skins suck offensively. We could not throw and still gashed you for 250?

I am here to tell you, you don't need to tell us to worry about our team. You know, the one that was injured. We dominated the Skins as well, I was there. Don't you worry 'bout us. We'll be fine. Our run game and D are our teams strengths that just need to get going. The arial attack is just gonna make us dangerous down the road.

what part of Canty and Tuck being injured don't you understand? That and Boley's first game, I expected some rust.

And Johnson's banged up and looked stiff out there

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:43 PM

Our pass coverage is non existence but, sure why not. He took advantage. lol. But honestly, our pass coverage does look broken. Same as last week, everything is just wide open for opposing offenses.

Eli played much better in the 2nd half. But I still cant get over how bad we look.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM

Just like rothlesiburger he makes plays when it counts. However he missed atleast 4 throws today that really change the complexion of this game. What credit do you want? He played like an average QB. Our QB played like a below average QB.

Giantsfan1080
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Whatever you guys want to say Eli did what he had too when the game was on the line like always. When will people understand that this is not a coincidence.

Giantsfan1080
09-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Also, I didn't want to read every post for the 4 pages but did anyone mention that the game should have been even worse had the ref not blown the INT TD dead?

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd love to swap QBs. Eli is so money.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
25 total carries (Barber/Jones) is an absolute joke when they're averaging 9 yards per run. Stick with the running game, all damn night. He didnt do this. Dallas runs more, they win this game no problem, imo.

58 Plays. 25 runs.

Again, if you are saying treat Romo like a Rookie then no debate but geez ya think 1 and 10 at the 46 is time to float a INT to Phillips? Or thrid and ten throw a floater into the flat with 3 GMen.

I just did not see one aspect of the game where I said "wooooo too much passing."

What I saw was bad decision after bad decision by a Flake.

If you are simply going to shut him down. Bring in Choice or Crayton to be QB.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Also, I didn't want to read every post for the 4 pages but did anyone mention that the game should have been even worse had the ref not blown the INT TD dead?

Why you still scored a TD off that tourover...how does that make it worse?

If any team has the ability to play the what if game it's the cowboys...every bounce/call seemed to go against them today. Nothing they could do about it.

dpl85
09-20-2009, 11:50 PM
If we ran a simple college option offense at least Romo couldn't throw it right to big blue.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm not saying to treat Romo like a rookie, the guy doesnt need his hand held. But when you are running like that...you do not stop. They were shutting down the pass but, there wasnt one time where they looked like they figured us out on the ground. It doesnt take a genius. You have to take advantage of that. Again, we're talking about a 9 yards per carry average. Not to mention, the plays would obviously be increased if you ran more from that 58 play count. Thus keeping your defense off the field, while you kill more clock.

And Felix Jones is being wasted. It's as simple as that.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Phillips play was one example...even if Phillips wasn't there it wasn't catchable. The one to Williams along the sideline was also not a good decision...he had a open checkdown in the flats. I'm not against going down the field...but not when your QB is off. He was just off on everything outside of the hashes today.

That is the point, if Phillips is not there, it is not catchable and 2nd and 10.

But point is Phillips was there and there was NO EXCUSE for throwing it there.

Just like there was no excuse for the INT for TD. There were three GMen there.

The pass Crayton dropped was into double coverage on an OUT pattern.

You just don't throw those in the big leagues. You don't.

This is not about making him a better bus driver.

The guy is lost out there right now. Drugs maybe?

Just flat out bad decisions all game long and last week was not better. Just worse team.

Giantsfan1080
09-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Why you still scored a TD off that tourover...how does that make it worse?

If any team has the ability to play the what if game it's the cowboys...every bounce/call seemed to go against them today. Nothing they could do about it.

Yes, your right sorry about that. Don't get me wrong we didn't play that well at all but some credit needs to go to us even though you guys were not good either.

thule
09-20-2009, 11:54 PM
That is the point, if Phillips is not there, it is not catchable and 2nd and 10.

Just flat out bad decisions all game long and last week was not better. Just worse team.

idk if you've missed what I've said in the past...but I'm not a big Romo fan. I think he wins you games and loses you games. I've been in favor of Cutler and Palmer.

I'm saying if your QB is off...you pull the reigns in and limit his ability to make mistakes...because obviously he has proved he doesn't have the ability to do it on his own.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:54 PM

The perfect pass that hit Crayton in the hands? Maybe not the greatest decision but, the ball was delivered perfectly.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:55 PM
.....They were shutting down the pass .....

They did not shut down anything. Romo was not throwing the ball were it belonged.

For example, the OUT to Crayton he dropped. That pass needs to go to Austin on the slant. Instead, while a great throw, a bad decision which more often leads to INTs. Same bad read on the INT for TD.

They are showing you what he sees but I have no idea what is in his head.

It is as if he wants to prove he can "do the difficult stuff" instead of executing the simple stuff.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:56 PM
They did not shut down anything. Romo was not throwing the ball were it belonged.

For example, the OUT to Crayton he dropped. That pass needs to go to Austin on the slant. Instead, while a great throw, a bad decision which more often leads to INTs. Same bad read on the INT for TD.

They are showing you what he sees but I have no idea what is in his head.

It is as if he wants to prove he can "do the difficult stuff" instead of executing the simple stuff.

Call it what you will. Same thing. Romo was awful, everyone could see it...So run the damn ball.

thule
Yes, your right sorry about that. Don't get me wrong we didn't play that well at all but some credit needs to go to us even though you guys were not good either.

We outplayed you guys in every aspect of the game. Difference being we turned the ball over and you guys capitalized. You guys get the credit of the win but that is all. I guess I felt like just like in the playoffs "we should have won"...however that is a common recurrence with this Cowboys team.

herniateddisc
The perfect pass that hit Crayton in the hands? Maybe not the greatest decision but, the ball was delivered perfectly.

Again, this misses the point. It was a horrid read.

You don't make it in the NFL by forcing near impossible plays.

That play needed to go inside on the slant.

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Again, this misses the point. It was a horrid read.

You don't make it in the NFL by forcing near impossible plays.

That play needed to go inside on the slant.

This was an awful game, I know. If you didnt notice, he was starring guys down all game long. When he looked at Witten, he was locked on. Same with Roy and that deep ball to Hurd.

I dont know if the thought of their rush got in his head or what, but he was just terrible all night long. But this isnt the QB we see more times than not. But obviously this has to stop.

You're crazy if you think his job is in jeopardy.

herniateddisc
09-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Look this is the NFL, you can not ask a team to abandon any one phase of the game to make up for flakey QB play.

A QB needs to be able to do the basics like throw conservative passes in the flats and underneath the zone.

We ran the ball fine. Problem is we only had 58 plays and were playing from behind most of the night..

Giantsfan1080
09-21-2009, 12:00 AM
We outplayed you guys in every aspect of the game. Difference being we turned the ball over and you guys capitalized. You guys get the credit of the win but that is all. I guess I felt like just like in the playoffs "we should have won"...however that is a common recurrence with this Cowboys team.

That's a common recuurence with all Giants opponents. Everyone always feel they outplayed us yet we always come out the win. Even with all our injuries tonight and then Tuck we still took the game. You didn't play that well considering you couldn't stop us when it mattered. Our WR corps is supposed to be mediocre but your secondary still couldnt stop it. I don't know I just think I'm sick of all the "we played better but still lost" talk.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Look this is the NFL, you can not ask a team to abandon any one phase of the game to make up for flakey QB play.

A QB needs to be able to do the basics like throw conservative passes in the flats and underneath the zone.

We ran the ball fine. Problem is we only had 58 plays and were playing from behind most of the night..

You mean like the thousand times Garrett abandoned the run last year? Come on now. Garrett is pass happy. And no, we werent exactly playing from behind most of the night. And a 3 or 7 point difference with plenty of time left, should in no way make you forget about the run. Garrett always gets ancy playing from behind and passes too much. This hasnt changed.

herniateddisc
This was an awful game, I know. If you didnt notice, he was starring guys down all game long. When he looked at Witten, he was locked on. Same with Roy and that deep ball to Hurd.

I dont know if the thought of their rush got in his head or what, but he was just terrible all night long. But this isnt the QB we see more times than not. But obviously this has to stop.

You're crazy if you think his job is in jeopardy.

Oh, I don't think it is in jeopardy. Our Owner is too invested ego wise and our Head Coach is a weakingling.

But fact is his job SHOULD BE PULLED and given to the back-up.

At least for a week were maybe he can sit on the sideline and remember what exactly he needs to do so that he is not a LOSER for the rest of his life.

I am telling you. Maybe he is high or aloof or just doesn't care but what I saw was a QB making bad decision after bad decision with poor read all night.

A continuation of last year.

thule
That's a common recuurence with all Giants opponents. Everyone always feel they outplayed us yet we always come out the win. Even with all our injuries tonight and then Tuck we still took the game. You didn't play that well considering you couldn't stop us when it mattered. Our WR corps is supposed to be mediocre but your secondary still couldnt stop it. I don't know I just think I'm sick of all the "we played better but still lost" talk.

if it makes you feel any better I'd rather be on your side of the spectrum.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:04 AM
You mean like the thousand times Garrett abandoned the run last year? Come on now. Garrett is pass happy. And no, we werent exactly playing from behind most of the night. And a 3 or 7 point difference with plenty of time left, should in no way make you forget about the run. Garrett always gets ancy playing from behind and passes too much. This hasnt changed.

I was the first to kill Garrett about running more last year. FIRST. Even in 2007.

But tonite, tonite was all Romo because even with a great running game he could not find the single coverage, he was throwing up ducks and simply sucked.

Giantsfan1080
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
if it makes you feel any better I'd rather be on your side of the spectrum.

I'm actually not trying to rub it in but no one gives credit to us ever. I mean Smith and Manningham go for 20 catches, 2 TD's, and 284 yards yet we won't hear anything about it. I guess you're right though at least we have the W.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Jerry won't tolerate this mediocrity in his palace much longer.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm actually not trying to rub it in but no one gives credit to us ever. I mean Smith and Manningham go for 20 catches, 2 TD's, and 284 yards yet we won't hear anything about it. I guess you're right though at least we have the W.

If your guys can do that against any other team, then I will give it to you.

But fact is you did it against a poorly coached team with undisciplined players.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:11 AM
I was the first to kill Garrett about running more last year. FIRST. Even in 2007.

But tonite, tonite was all Romo because even with a great running game he could not find the single coverage, he was throwing up ducks and simply sucked.

ugh. We can probably go all night on this one. So, I'm going to respectivley pull the plug on it. I made my point, you have to stick with what is working. You keep running it right down their throats, until they prove they can stop it. They want to stack the box? Play action them to hell. Garrett could have done a much better job. If we run more, this game may not even have been close.

I'm glad the running game looked fantastic, run blocking was amazing. Even the plays themselves were very good play calls. But he should have never let up on it. Not with an average yards per carry like that. All running more would have done is helped us, and even opened up more things for an off Romo, if they chose to stack the box or creep up.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Jerry won't tolerate this mediocrity in his palace much longer.

Jerrah personifies football mediocrity because he always allows "his boys" to get away with it.

Jimmy Johnson would be cutting someone right now after this game.

Parcells would be ripping them an ahole.

What is Jerry going to do? Bring them Kleenex? Get Wade to "take responsibility?"

Same old Cowboys. Talented enough to get ya thinking but soft as a Softee in the Texas heat.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:15 AM
you have to stick with what is working.....

We did and we scored lost of points.

You have to be able to trust your 29 year-old QB will not make those types of decisions over and over and over and over again.

I swear, I think Romo has more INT/Fumble for TD of any QB since 2007.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:16 AM
This team won't win consistently until Jerry is no longer with us I'm afraid.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:17 AM
25 total carries is not sticking with what works. sorry. Should have been more like 40 carries, plus.

And not 40 out of the 50 or so plays. I'm saying if we ran more, the play total would have increased, obviously. Garrett is freaking aggravating. He still shows a great deal of potential, I'll admit but, he is freaking stubborn and can be dense.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:19 AM
... the guy doesnt need his hand held.....

I guess he does. It is the only way I can explain making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

But more importantly, the team will stop trusting him and MUCH SOONER THAN YOU THINK.

I am in that locker room and I am thinking Seattle 2006 Fumble, GMen 2007 INT, Steelers 2008 INT, Philly disaster 2008, Today.

That is all that is in my head as a player. I don't trust Tony. He is too mistake prone to win. He does not seem bothered. He saying "all the right stuff" but he does not believe it.

Personally, I think the guy is simply jinxed and can't be trusted unless you are down by 14 or up by 14..

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:21 AM
25 total carries is not sticking with what works. sorry. Should have been more like 40 carries, plus.

And not 40 out of the 50 or so plays. I'm saying if we ran more, the play total would have increased, obviously. Garrett is freaking aggravating. He still shows a great deal of potential, I'll admit but, he is freaking stubborn and can be dense.

Again, we scored 31 points versus an allegedly dominating Defense. The point of play calling is to score points and create opportunities for you players to perform.

Romo is simply playing JeMarcus Russell football.

To run the Offense you want, go get Tebow because a real Pro QB won't do.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Do we need to put out a missing person report on D-Ware?

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Do we need to put out a missing person report on D-Ware?

You would think a guy looking for a pay day would be doing a little more.

But, ahem, I think he misses Canty more than most realise.

Just like I thought Kosier was the glue to the OL.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Why do people always bring up that Giants INT? It was the last play of the game, a last chance effort.

And you're really going to blame that Eagles loss solely on Romo? nah.

I love how people fail to mention that when Romo collapses in latter parts of the seasons. So does our gigantic line. He didnt have any time to throw in losses to the Steelers, Ravens, or Eagles. Giants playoff game, same damn thing. Romo has been bad but so has our pass blocking. Anyone remember Romo chewing them out last year, at the end of the year? After he was constantly being peeled off the turf. Our late season collapses have been a team effort.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Why do people always bring up that Giants INT? It was the last play of the game, a last chance effort.

GMen INT was double coverage but fact is he played poorly that game too.

Eagles, um yeah, he was a turnover machine .... for TDs also.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:29 AM

He forced it to TG at the end of the playoff game in double coverage who hadn't really played all season. The Eagles game everybody sucked but Romo was certainly a big part of it.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:31 AM
It was the last freaking play of the game. It was a desperation pass.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Well at least TO dropped a few today.

He looks like a shell of himself.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM

Romo apologist dare I say?

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM
That's supposed to make me feel better when he throws into double coverage and chokes?

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Romo apologist dare I say?

4th down on the 23 yard line and we needed to score. Odds are against damn near every QB in that situation.

If you call that choking, well then I cant help you. seriously.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:35 AM
4th down on the 23 yard line and we needed to score. Odds are against damn near every QB in that situation.

If that was the only time .......... but it is not.

He is a turnover machine.

He is a turnover machine because he tries to make difficult plays.

He tries to make difficult plays because he is not reading Defenses properly.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Romo's middle name is actually Turnover.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:37 AM
If that was the only time .......... but it is not.

He is a turnover machine.

They were playing prevent in the end zone. Unless you get a lucky tip or you can dump it off to an RB who can run some 23 yards. You're pretty much ******.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Well, while I want him to do well I am officially a despiser of Turnover Tony.

He is emblematic of all that is wrong with this team.

Flashy, big stats, sloppy, mistake prone, no heart, always fails when it counts.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:42 AM
We definitely miss Ellis' pass rush.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:45 AM
As much as I love Ware, he is a SOLB. I watch him every play. He is not Merriman in the rush.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:46 AM
As much as I love Ware, he is a SOLB. I watch him every play. He is not Merriman in the rush.
Merriman isn't Merriman without HGH/Roids. How many sacks does he have this season?

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Merriman isn't Merriman without HGH/Roids. How many sacks does he have this season?

At least he beat down Tila Tequila.

herniateddisc
09-21-2009, 12:50 AM
But just as bad as Romo was the Defense.

We should not forget that so far .... we suck donkey nut sacks and could easily be 0-2.

Our D looks awful.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 12:52 AM
We can't rush the QB or defend the pass and when we pass we turn it over more often than not, other than that we're great.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Scandrick and Newman were soooooooooo freaking bad tonight. I still cant get over that. Newman has made Michael Clayton and Steve Smith look like super stars. I just dont get it.

As for Spencer, he was brilliant earlier in the game but, he was obviously worn down late, and useless. We can use an actual OLB rotation. It always seems likr Spencer is a step late every single time, though. Bradie was always a step late today as well, he played a good overall game, though.

Not mant bright spots at all. Ratliff and Sensabaugh look like our best players after two games. Pretty much all we got.

M.O.T.H.
09-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Oh and Wade said he may re-evaluate the cornerback situation. Scandrick was that bad.

DMWSackMachine
09-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Wow.

What a devastating loss, in so many different kind of ways.

And no more excusing our play with the "yeah, but we were the better team, some things just went the othe way on us."

No more excuses. Not this year. Dallas has got to start wearing the big boy pants.

Time to start thinking about Carolina.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Remember kids you can't spell Antonio without INT.

LizardState
09-21-2009, 05:10 AM
Romo's middle name is actually Turnover.

Now that I've slept & am thinking more clearly, I was right the 1st time: Romo threw the game away.... again. Not the desperation pass, but the INTs before.

He's just plain schizoid. There are those 2 Tony Romos, & we were revisited by the Bad Romo Sunday night. You remember him from the fumbled snap in Seattle, the many INTs that destroyed leads, etc

And the other things: Leaving Mario Manningham open in front of the 2-deep safeties all freaking night, Scandrick suckage & yes he was that bad, o-line collapse, drive-killer penalties, Jones discovering his ball control issues, pass rush that misses Ellis & Canty......

Memorable bright spot was run blocking & gaping holes opened for Barber.

And Ellis had a dominating game in KC, oh yeah he plays for the damn Raiders now :rolleyes:

Modano
09-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Wow...bad loss... bad individual performances lost us the game... Romo was awful... Newman and Scandrick both had a horrible game... there were also a few lucky bounce for the Giants (Phillips first INT, tipped ball on the final drive) but these three players just had a horrible performance.. what a night to forget for them.. We stopped the run very well (except for one drive) against a great running team and we ran very well against a good D.. but Romo was off all night and so were Newman and Scandrick..

yno88
09-21-2009, 08:33 AM
If we get one bounce our way we still win the game, regardless of how bad Romo sucked. The kicked ball to Witten, the bobbled ball by Manningham, but the worst to me was the ball Ratliff deflected on 3rd and 4 in the 4th quarter that goes right to a Giants receiver. Jesus. The running game absolutely gutted them. We held Jacobs in check. The defense played great i the red zone. You just can't give a decent team like NYG that many turnovers.

Ward
09-21-2009, 09:41 AM
And Ellis had a dominating game in KC, oh yeah he plays for the damn Raiders now :rolleyes:

You can't possibly miss the crybaby Greg Ellis! Greg Ellis doesn't win this game for us.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Ellis whining definitely got old but he usually had success against the Giants and has 3 sacks already this season which is 3 more than our team.

LizardState
09-21-2009, 10:34 AM
You can't possibly miss the crybaby Greg Ellis! Greg Ellis doesn't win this game for us.

I miss Ellis & would gladly trade him for Bobby Carpenter.

His bonehead penalty gave the Giants a 1st down & they went for another go-ahead score instead of Dallas getting the punt. Thanx a bunch, Bobby.

Better to trade Carpenter back to his old buddy Bill Parcells & the Fins. We now know why overrated Carpenter never cracked the starting lineup.

Dump: Carpenter, Scandrick
Bench: Romo, put Kitna in
Schedule: More games vs Cleveland, the Jaguars, KC, etc.

Modano
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Dump: Carpenter, Scandrick
Bench: Romo, put Kitna in
Schedule: More games vs Cleveland, the Jaguars, KC, etc.

Look out because the sky is falling down... bench Romo? Trade Scandrick? Relax guys...

thule
09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I see 3 glaring issues.

1.Turnovers
2a. Pressure
2b. Intermediate Pass Defense

We can fix #1 by being more conservative in our play calling. AKA Putting the reigns on Tony.

2a and b work with each other. So really we can choose which one we wanna fix. Pressure was what worked last year. However both games this year teams have made it a priority to get the ball out. That means we needs to fix our coverage. We have consistantly sucked in zone coverage for as long as Wade has been here...I think we should try to limit it as much as possible.

That was a huge loss because we lost a divisional game at home...we can't do that and win the division this year...it's that simple.

MetSox17
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
I agree that i'm not very scared at the QB situation. Romo is good, and whether you wanna stare at the 3ints in the box score all day long or not, he was the quarterback when we drove right down the field for a TD to take the lead 31-30.

Like Thule said, there are ways to limit turnovers, especially at the QB position. If Romo refuses to make proper reads, then Garrett needs to grow some nuts and take the ball away from his hands and put it more on the RBs.

When i look at this game, i'm scared of how the defense played. I posted earlier that i wasn't scared of the run defense, but jesus christ i was not expecting the pass defense to be this terrible.

That play where Scandrick fell on his ass and got scored on by Smith was Zone. In the first drive where they just drove down effortlessly, they were in Zone when they gave up a few big pass plays. I remember one drive distinctly where they sent two run blitzes that worked perfectly, then on third and long, they just sat back only rushing four and in a zone, and Eli just took his sweet time to find his open target.

Newman getting beat like a dirty rug all game, and that awful attempt at a tackle when he shook off Brooking and let Jacobs go for another 15 yards.

Bobby Carpenter being completely useless in pass rush situations. Ware getting doubled all game cause no one else could get in the backfield.

I know us as Cowboys fans are usually quick triggered when it comes to panicking, but i think it's right about that time. Last week the Buccaneers had their way with the defense as well, and this needs to change. We're looking at another extremely disappointing season if it doesn't.

xxxxxxxx
09-21-2009, 06:08 PM
hahah the giants suck. we had 4 turnovers and they had 0 and we still shouldve won. hahaha. giants fans can neg rep me all they want. everyone knows who the superior team is.

D-Unit
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Some quotes from the Greats on Romo:

Staubach on Romo: He really has the physical skills, and he senses things pretty well. The actual ideal of controlling the football or tucking it back in there, those are things he might improve on, but when you have the basic tools he has then you just get smarter as a quarterback. There was a lot of talk in the papers about how he's got to control his running. But that's his DNA. Even my last year Coach Landry would say to me, "Roger, you're going to learn," and I said, "Coach, I'm getting ready to retire." It's part of your makeup, but you've got to use it wisely. Tony has all the skills, these instincts, but he can't worry about mistakes.

Danny White on Romo: The thing you've got to love with Tony is his demeanor. He doesn't take anything too seriously. If anything, sometimes he might be too casual, but nothing seems to bother him. He doesn't get uptight. He could be ahead, be behind and you'd never know it with him. I don't know Tony well enough to know a lot about him as a student of the game, but I do know just from watching him he's got a lot of physical talent. As he gets a little older and further into his career the mental side of the game will kick in. It's going to have to because you're going to slow up a little bit.

Aikman on Romo: I think the thing I probably respect the most about Tony is his love for competition. I remember the first time watching the guy live, competing and there's a lot more guys that don't really enjoy that than those that do. The irony is that it is primarily why he gets criticized so much. There have been disappointing losses in games, but those things occur. You try to put yourself in position where you have a chance to win some of those games, and he's able to do that. I believe Tony is going to still win a lot of playoff games and do great things, because he has something you can't coach in this league.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/preview/stories/091009dnspocow-romo.30b3842.html

He's not gonna get benched, nor should he. That's ridiculous.

scottyboy
09-22-2009, 09:53 PM
hahah the giants suck. we had 4 turnovers and they had 0 and we still shouldve won. hahaha. giants fans can neg rep me all they want. everyone knows who the superior team is.

you love to obsess about rep don't you? the giants played like garbage in the red zone and had a banged up D yet Romo still through 3 INT's, one to an undrafted FA rookie, and the Giants still dropped 33. go ahead. say we suck, we only won and all, even after playing like trash. But no, we suck. remember when you ripped on Eli before? yea, maybe we should go back and look up your gold mine quotes...

Modano
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Anyway.. we have never been capable of taking advantge of opposite teams injuries.. The WC game against Seattle comes to mind and, obviously, this last game.. but I'm sure there are some other examples I can't recall now..

herniateddisc
09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
I agree that i'm not very scared at the QB situation. Romo is good, and whether you wanna stare at the 3ints in the box score all day long or not, he was the quarterback when we drove right down the field for a TD to take the lead 31-30.

Like Thule said, there are ways to limit turnovers, especially at the QB position. If Romo refuses to make proper reads, then Garrett needs to grow some nuts and take the ball away from his hands and put it more on the RBs.

When i look at this game, i'm scared of how the defense played. I posted earlier that i wasn't scared of the run defense, but jesus christ i was not expecting the pass defense to be this terrible.

That play where Scandrick fell on his ass and got scored on by Smith was Zone. In the first drive where they just drove down effortlessly, they were in Zone when they gave up a few big pass plays. I remember one drive distinctly where they sent two run blitzes that worked perfectly, then on third and long, they just sat back only rushing four and in a zone, and Eli just took his sweet time to find his open target.

Newman getting beat like a dirty rug all game, and that awful attempt at a tackle when he shook off Brooking and let Jacobs go for another 15 yards.

Bobby Carpenter being completely useless in pass rush situations. Ware getting doubled all game cause no one else could get in the backfield.

I know us as Cowboys fans are usually quick triggered when it comes to panicking, but i think it's right about that time. Last week the Buccaneers had their way with the defense as well, and this needs to change. We're looking at another extremely disappointing season if it doesn't.

I love how Bobby Carpenter gets ragged for almost anything and everything. We have a starting 11 playing like garbage starting with Ware and you rag the nickel ILB? Talk about beating a dead horse -- an an unimportant one too.

With respect to Newman, he is a g'damn moron. He is getting beaten on simple routes KNOWING the blitz is coming. Hello MORON, blitz means fade/sideline or slant. No time for anything else for the WR to run. A corner with brains should be able to guard this pretty well so long as he is 4 steps off the LOS or gasp he presses.

Have we ever played Bump n Run EVER????????

In addition to Newman, Ware, Bradie, Hamlin and Sensabaugh are all playing like turd **** as far as I am concerned. I thought our safeties would be good this year. They have done ZERO. James looks even slower than Tony Siragusa. Our OL have been slow too.

D-Unit
09-24-2009, 02:38 AM
I love how Bobby Carpenter gets ragged for almost anything and everything. We have a starting 11 playing like garbage starting with Ware and you rag the nickel ILB? Talk about beating a dead horse -- an an unimportant one too.

With respect to Newman, he is a g'damn moron. He is getting beaten on simple routes KNOWING the blitz is coming. Hello MORON, blitz means fade/sideline or slant. No time for anything else for the WR to run. A corner with brains should be able to guard this pretty well so long as he is 4 steps off the LOS or gasp he presses.

Have we ever played Bump n Run EVER????????

In addition to Newman, Ware, Bradie, Hamlin and Sensabaugh are all playing like turd **** as far as I am concerned. I thought our safeties would be good this year. They have done ZERO. James looks even slower than Tony Siragusa. Our OL have been slow too.
I noted how I think Ware is trying to do too much. I think he's trying some new stuff that he may have worked on in the offseason and it's just not working yet. I could be wrong, but nobody else has agreed or disagreed. What do you think? I know you mentioned that he looks slow. Do you think he's lost his speed? I know you also mentioned that Ellis and Canty might be the reason why Ware is having problems. Is that it, you think? I'm not worried about Ware, but I am anxious for him to pick up where he left off last year. Run defense wise... he's been as good as he's always been.

MetSox17
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
I swear, i never saw Ware 1 on 1 in a pass situation. In those instances, guys on the other side of the line need to step the **** up.

DMWSackMachine
09-25-2009, 12:04 AM
1) Please d, if you're going to respond to Rob, don't quote him. It's like a trainwreck, if its out of sight, you don't want to watch it, but if its right there, you can't help but watch it play out.

2) Wow, Bob. You are so honest and objective. It really takes a big man to call out your best player and to trash your team. Everyone should listen to you more.

Ward
09-25-2009, 05:50 AM
1) Please d, if you're going to respond to Rob, don't quote him. It's like a trainwreck, if its out of sight, you don't want to watch it, but if its right there, you can't help but watch it play out.

2) Wow, Bob. You are so honest and objective. It really takes a big man to call out your best player and to trash your team. Everyone should listen to you more.

Why would you take the time to call out someone you dislike, while simultaneously adding nothing to the conversation? Why waste the time it takes to post?

herniateddisc
09-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Why would you take the time to call out someone you dislike, while simultaneously adding nothing to the conversation? Why waste the time it takes to post?

B/C that is how he rolls. Same old nonsense -- at least I wasn't called the Anti-Christ again. Thank lord for small things.

Anyway, I predict a huge game from Flake this week.

herniateddisc
09-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I noted how I think Ware is trying to do too much. I think he's trying some new stuff that he may have worked on in the offseason and it's just not working yet. I could be wrong, but nobody else has agreed or disagreed. What do you think?

Hard to judge. I know lots of folks are coming to his defense but fact is these comments about Ware disappearing in big games and at crucial moments is NOT NEW.

I know the pomp pom fans are going to flip a lid here but fact is I have yet to see a DeMarcus Ware sack/play change an important game in the 4th Quarter..

I know you mentioned that he looks slow. Do you think he's lost his speed?

Yes. But I would hope technique and knowledge would make up for it.

I know you also mentioned that Ellis and Canty might be the reason why Ware is having problems. Is that it, you think?

Not so much Ellis but Canty yes. Canty was a run stopping stud. It is no shock you could not run to their side. Having Canty allowed DeMarcus to get upfield faster and if the run was occurring use his natural athleticism to recover. To his left, covered with Canty, to his right use athletics.

I'm not worried about Ware, but I am anxious for him to pick up where he left off last year. Run defense wise... he's been as good as he's always been.

I agree on both issues.

DMWSackMachine
09-25-2009, 12:46 PM

Why would you allow an obvious troll who has already been banned 10x and yet keeps coming back under different aliases--a violation of your own forum rules--to continually harass a bunch of guys who simply want to talk about their team in peace?

I guess we all have our reasons for what we do.

MetSox17
09-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Why would you allow an obvious troll who has already been banned 10x and yet keeps coming back under different aliases--a violation of your own forum rules--to continually harass a bunch of guys who simply want to talk about their team in peace?

This right here. I never understood what that was about either.

herniateddisc
09-25-2009, 02:36 PM

I am talking about the team in peace. You are the one who keeps attacking me personally.

Troll, look in the mirror.

herniateddisc
09-25-2009, 02:38 PM
This right here. I never understood what that was about either.

A pile-on troll. At least DMW is a leader-type troll.

Rest assured Modano and Pocket can't be far behind either with their hysterical personal assaults ........

Modano
09-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Rest assured Modano and Pocket can't be far behind either with their hysterical personal assaults ........

:rolleyes:

Did I bother you recently? No. The one who personal assaulted me with multiple accounts and with a lot of crap about my private life, level of studies etc was you.
I'm not bothering you, so leave me out of this stuff. Thanks.

herniateddisc
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM

As I said. Ironic and coincidental isn't it.

pocketaces
09-25-2009, 04:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Did I bother you recently? No. The one who personal assaulted me with multiple accounts and with a lot of crap about my private life, level of studies etc was you.
I'm not bothering you, so leave me out of this stuff. Thanks.

Yes, leave me out of it too. You have been on ignore for awhile now. I wont say more because big brother is watching.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 04:40 PM
As I said. Ironic and coincidental isn't it.
Awww.... Look at who's acting all innocent. Cute.

Ward
09-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Alright everyone, stop getting off topic. Next off topic post gets an infraction, I don't care if it's rob or someone else. There's a time and a place to discuss everything. Your petty rivalries do not belong in this thread.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, I never did get around to rewatching that 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Good thing too. Probably too painful. ha.

But as far as the offense went in the first half I noticed a few things.

1. Patrick Crayton absolutely sucks at blocking, but the thing that disappoints me is his lack of effort. If the effort was there, I'd be less harsh, but when he didn't get the ball.... he didn't block... whether it was a run or pass. Idiot.

2. Tony Romo missed an easy opportunity to run for a first down on a 3rd and short conversion. Instead he opted to pass the ball downfield and it went incomplete. I think the original Tony would've ran for it. You always gotta take the guarantee.

3. Kosier has to improve his blocking on run draws.

4. Roy needs to be involved more.

5. It was interesting seeing Columbo line up at LT at times.

6. Loved seeing Bennett/Barber lined up wide.

7. Flozell and his perfectly timed penalties keep killing us.

8. I haven't seen run blocking like that since the Emmitt days. Sure was nice.

9. Witten missed some blocking assignments... allowed Kiwi to get across the field to tackle Barber on one TFL.

10. Bennett is a monster who fights for every yard. He's MB3 at TE. :)

Ward
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, I never did get around to rewatching that 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Good thing too. Probably too painful. ha.

But as far as the offense went in the first half I noticed a few things.

1. Patrick Crayton absolutely sucks at blocking, but the thing that disappoints me is his lack of effort. If the effort was there, I'd be less harsh, but when he didn't get the ball.... he didn't block... whether it was a run or pass. Idiot.

2. Tony Romo missed an easy opportunity to run for a first down on a 3rd and short conversion. Instead he opted to pass the ball downfield and it went incomplete. I think the original Tony would've ran for it. You always gotta take the guarantee.

3. Kosier has to improve his blocking on run draws.

4. Roy needs to be involved more.

5. It was interesting seeing Columbo line up at LT at times.

6. Loved seeing Bennett/Barber lined up wide.

7. Flozell and his perfectly timed penalties keep killing us.

8. I haven't seen run blocking like that since the Emmitt days. Sure was nice.

9. Witten missed some blocking assignments... allowed Kiwi to get across the field to tackle Barber on one TFL.

10. Bennett is a monster who fights for every yard. He's MB3 at TE. :)

1. Crayton is interesting to me because he went from late round pick from a small school, to under-performing big mouth seemingly overnight. He obviously has the skills, he turned himself into an NFL quality WR. Probably not a #1, but it's an amazing accomplishment regardless. But he has clearly let the spotlight get to his head.

2. Another example of someone's head not being right. Clearly his instincts were just off that night. And Romo lives off his instincts for better or worse.

3, 5, 7, 8. I thought Kosier looked pretty good, and I'm not sure he was the obvious weak spot in this game. Really, the line did a good job. We ran all over them, and Tony had plenty of time on enough throws. You literally can't ask for anything else. Yeah Flo had that stupid penalty and looked like a complete amateur. But overall? Awesome job, IMO. Also I didn't notice the Columbo to LT shifts, what kind of plays were called in these situations?

4. Credit to Corey Webster. The other thing is, I think Garrett game planned around attacking the depth of the corners. There was no reason to challenge Corey Webster, everyone else was either hurt or a scrub.

10. Yeah Bennett won me over this game. I'm on the bandwagon hard now.

Giantsfan1080
09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Terrell Thomas isn't really a scrub. Not even close.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Just making note. Not saying the the OL had a weak link or did bad. I thought they did really GREAT overall.

Modano
09-26-2009, 02:54 AM

I saw the game again yesterday.. they showed it on ESPN America as the "game of the week"... speaking about Roy, he's a great run blocker.. once he puts his hands on the opposite corner he pushes him downfield.. I agree that we need to use him more, way more.. let's use it like we did with TO... slant routes so he can take advantage of his huge size and gain yards after catch..
Pass defense was sooo poor.. almost everyone of Eli's passes was a completion.. Our corners got beat over and over again... I think our safeties did a very good job in run supporting but Hamlin needs to be more aggressive in the passing game.. he has the skills to make some nice plays on the ball..
I just noticed that also Tennessee, who has a great secondary, got destroyed through the air..

herniateddisc
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I am here to tell you, you don't need to tell us to worry about our team. You know, the one that was injured. We dominated the Skins as well, I was there. Don't you worry 'bout us. We'll be fine. Our run game and D are our teams strengths that just need to get going. The arial attack is just gonna make us dangerous down the road.

what part of Canty and Tuck being injured don't you understand? That and Boley's first game, I expected some rust.

As I said, you have problems on D.

scottyboy
10-18-2009, 11:37 PM
As I said, you have problems on D.

so, you bring up a post from 4 weeks ago to prove a point? you do realize we faced possibly the best O in the league and were missing 4 of our starters on D right? nah, that's cool.

shall I bring up a post from like June to show why you guys had to go to OT against the chiefs?

herniateddisc
10-19-2009, 09:06 AM
so, you bring up a post from 4 weeks ago to prove a point? you do realize we faced possibly the best O in the league and were missing 4 of our starters on D right? nah, that's cool.

shall I bring up a post from like June to show why you guys had to go to OT against the chiefs?

We stink. I know that. I don't have pretenses to rooting for the "Best Team in Football" unlike Giants fans.

Hearing guys like Mike Francesa and the other GMen mans -- apoplectic to say the least right now -- all I hear was how great the team was. Personally, all I have seen this year is a team is with a better passing game and that is it. Everything is else is worse so far.

NO did not surprise me, Cowboys turn-overed the ball 4 times, still scored 31, and still had a lead with 2 minutes to go. NO simply went out and spanked a mediocre GMen D and played crisply. Cowboys (Romo) play remotely crisped and we would have spotted 42.

For all the talk about the D line, et al, there is something wrong. I don't know if it is the D Coordinator but they are not playing well when "pressed" by other teams. Kind of like the Cowboys D..... slightest pressure and they are all over the place.

They can definitely turn it around but I thin their 5-0 was a mirage. Lots of coaching to be done in the Meadowlands.

herniateddisc
11-26-2009, 10:19 PM

Ahem. GMen looking tight for the game in the Meadowlands..