PDA

View Full Version : I hate my team's QB

Pages : [1] 2

PoopSandwich
09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
he is the biggest joke of a qb i have ever seen, I told you all he sucks, he deserves to be benched, the browns are gonna have the #1 pick, mangini should wear a skirt on field while angry browns fans throw tomatoes at his fat figure.

go browns.

tjsunstein
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
This thread has potential.

PoopSandwich
09-20-2009, 06:45 PM
This thread has potential.

unlike brady quinn.

RaiderNation
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Who woud you rather have Russell or Quinn

Timbathia
09-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Denver is so lucky to have Kyle Orton. It could be so much worse.

Gay Ork Wang
09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Russel doesnt like to be thought off as a QB. thats why he tried to make to make as many incompletions as possible

09-20-2009, 06:50 PM

Russell can actually stretch the field despite all his inaccuracies and is able to complete a few big plays a game as indicative of his final drive today.

Rosebud
09-20-2009, 06:51 PM
NVM *Delete This Post*

jballa838
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
JaMarcus' completion percentage is good....
in comparison to batting averages in baseball.

there are 3 players in baseball with a higher BA this year. lololololololol'

EDIT: Tampa, if you bring in Sabremetrics I am gonna flip.

Hurricanes25
09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Brett Ratliff for starter.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-20-2009, 07:12 PM
I haven't watched any Browns games, but any chance DA sees the field?

NIN1984
09-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Trent Edwards, FTW!

Thecollegedropout
09-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh yes because the Browns you know have given Quinn legit weapons all around to play with........

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I already said this in another thread but....

Brady Quinn reminds me more of Joey Harrington with every play. So scared to throw a pick. Holds the ball way too long, always checks down rather than take a chance downfield, doesn't get the ball to his one playmaker enough..................

And I mean it. He's seriously already become the new Captain Checkdown, taking the title from Joey Harrington. It was actually funny to watch Edwards basically kill the Broncos every time they actually looked his way, and then they'd get over the 50 and suddenly it's checkdown time. If Quinn is too scared to take a chance once in awhile and actually get the ball to his ONE playmaker in Edwards, his career is going to mirror Joey's.

Go_Eagles77
09-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Dare I say, Kevin Kolb > Brady Quinn? lol

keylime_5
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Quinn is mr. dink and dunk. Never gonna cut it in the NFL if you dont have any balls.

PoopSandwich
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh yes because the Browns you know have given Quinn legit weapons all around to play with........

My whole point last year for when people ripped Derek Anderson apart...

DA has a way better arm, even with the ****** weapons he has an arm that can get them the ball, Quinn holds on to the ball forever and looks terrible.

Thecollegedropout
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
My whole point last year for when people ripped Derek Anderson apart...

DA has a way better arm, even with the ****** weapons he has an arm that can get them the ball, Quinn holds on to the ball forever and looks terrible.
Its a new offensive system in CLE unlike with what Anderson had to work with last year.

Also no Winslow is huge because Robert Royal just flat out blows chunks.

CC.SD
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM

http://www.docsports.com/images/lib/large/calvin-johnson.jpg

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM

Not like Cleveland had a shot at that lovely hunk of man-god though. Thank god for the Lions making a decent draft pick for once in the Millen era. Millen was likely asleep when they made that pick.

P-L
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
For some reason, and I don't know why, I'm not quite ready to give up on Russell yet.

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
For some reason, and I don't know why, I'm not quite ready to give up on Russell yet.

Russell may be horribly inaccurate and a terrible decision maker, but at least he has the balls to go downfield or try and fit one in once in awhile. If they can work on his decision making he might actually amount to something.

Quinn on the other hand is incapable of actually making any decision, and when he does it's a pass 2 yards beyond the LOS. Harrington, I'm telling you.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-20-2009, 08:43 PM
I don't know what happened to Russell, man. In college, he was hitting guys right on the numbers and making some insane throws that few QBs can make, while showing incredible athleticism in the pocket by dodging rushers. Now he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And there's a strong possibility I'm not even exaggerating to make a point. I always thought struggles would be mental with him, but no, he's making decent reads and keeping his INTs down(neither INT last week was really his fault, one was on the WR and the 2nd was a last second heave), but he just can't hit a receiver.

I never thought Quinn would be good, though. He wasn't playing with a good OL in college, but the time they got him was very similar to what an NFL line would provide, and it showed his weaknesses under pressure. He's the opposite of Russell in this regard: Quinn has excellent speed outside of the pocket, but as far as agility within the pocket, he was lacking in college. And he doesn't throw well off of his back foot, something that's critical when you don't have the ability to step up and avoid the rush.(admittedly I haven't seen him in the pros, I didn't get the Broncos game on TV today, but those flaws were there in college, so I'm gonna assume he still has them, unless someone can correct me.)

If I had to pick a QB to turn it around though, it would be Quinn. Russell's accuracy is gone right now and that's very troubling. Quinn has it, he just needs to learn to avoid the passrush and/or get the ball off quicker. Maybe lose some of the weight on those guns to gain quicker movement in the pocket? I dunno.

gdamac
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't know what happened to Russell, man. In college, he was hitting guys right on the numbers and making some insane throws that few QBs can make, while showing incredible athleticism in the pocket by dodging rushers. Now he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And there's a strong possibility I'm not even exaggerating to make a point. I always thought struggles would be mental with him, but no, he's making decent reads and keeping his INTs down(neither INT last week was really his fault, one was on the WR and the 2nd was a last second heave), but he just can't hit a receiver.

He had LASIK surgery after the draft, I am starting to think they botched the job!

BufFan71
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
is Trent Edwards gonna be the best QB out of this draft class?

DeepThreat
09-20-2009, 09:44 PM

I'll keep Joe Thomas.

And yeah, Quinn sucks.

09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
I said it at draft time. Brady Quinn fell for a reason. A lot of people said it was because no team needed a QB, but when there's a so-called elite QB prospect on the board, teams without an already elite QB or QB prospect don't pass on him. But they all passed on Quinn. That happened for a reason: They all saw something most here didn't.

Shiver
09-20-2009, 10:25 PM

I never thought Quinn would be good, though. He wasn't playing with a good OL in college, but the time they got him was very similar to what an NFL line would provide, and it showed his weaknesses under pressure. He's the opposite of Russell in this regard: Quinn has excellent speed outside of the pocket, but as far as agility within the pocket, he was lacking in college. And he doesn't throw well off of his back foot, something that's critical when you don't have the ability to step up and avoid the rush.(admittedly I haven't seen him in the pros, I didn't get the Broncos game on TV today, but those flaws were there in college, so I'm gonna assume he still has them, unless someone can correct me.)

If I had to pick a QB to turn it around though, it would be Quinn. Russell's accuracy is gone right now and that's very troubling. Quinn has it, he just needs to learn to avoid the passrush and/or get the ball off quicker. Maybe lose some of the weight on those guns to gain quicker movement in the pocket? I dunno.

Yeah Russell completed 68% of his passes in the SEC and showed good accuracy for the most part. He wasn't even that bad last year. But for whatever reason he cannot hit anything this year, his accuracy is an abomination. He cannot even hit Darren McFadden on screen passes.

BlindSite
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Tyler Thigpen has looked like a more legit pro passer than JaMarcus Russel.

Babylon
09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah Russell completed 68% of his passes in the SEC and showed good accuracy for the most part. He wasn't even that bad last year. But for whatever reason he cannot hit anything this year, his accuracy is an abomination. He cannot even hit Darren McFadden on screen passes.

I've said this before if Russell loses about 30lbs his game is going to look a whole lot better.

PACKmanN
09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Scott will give you nightmares if you ever treat Quinn like that again!!!!! Scott loved him.

Rosebud
09-20-2009, 11:18 PM
I've said this before if Russell loses about 30lbs his game is going to look a whole lot better.

Could you explain to me how his weight affects his accuracy?

Babylon
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM

I just dont think you can function as an athlete when you're grossly overweight.

Raiderz4Life
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
During the draft i wanted CJ and Trent Edwards...or when we took Huff i wanted Cutler

aNYtitan
09-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Would you rather have Sexy Rexy?

the decider13
09-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Tyler Thigpen has looked like a more legit pro passer than JaMarcus Russel.

I actually liked what I saw from Thigpen last year, sadly he is burried at 3rd on KCs depth chart.

General Zod
09-20-2009, 11:31 PM
His only real weapon is edwards, who is doubled constantly. I am willing to give him a pass for now.

Boston
09-20-2009, 11:36 PM
I said it at draft time. Brady Quinn fell for a reason. A lot of people said it was because no team needed a QB, but when there's a so-called elite QB prospect on the board, teams without an already elite QB or QB prospect don't pass on him. But they all passed on Quinn. That happened for a reason: They all saw something most here didn't.

http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/aaronrodgers001.jpg

ironman4579
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/aaronrodgers001.jpg

Should have gone #1 strictly on stach appeal alone. Magnum, is that you?

http://dino-wfbc.itmblog.com/files/2008/08/selleck.jpg

TACKLE
09-21-2009, 12:07 AM
This guy was available.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2005/1229/photo/g_peterson_412.jpg

Rosebud
09-21-2009, 12:09 AM
This guy was available.

yeah but he's fumble prone and his running style will never last through an NFL season.

RyanLeafWasGood
09-21-2009, 01:05 AM
This guy was available.

Who is that? You guys need to put names next to college players because they are hard to reconize, Is it Chris Brown? if so he doesnt come out till next year and isnt that good.

dpl85
09-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Sporting News draft mag had Kolb rated as #1 QB that year.

kalbears13
09-21-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm kinda glad I missed the game from what I've heard. If Brady Quinn doesn't get it going soon, this season is going to be a huge disaster. He just needs the confidence he had at Notre Dame. Somewhere along the line something happened and now he's really gunshy.

vikes_28
09-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Who is that? You guys need to put names next to college players because they are hard to reconize, Is it Chris Brown? if so he doesnt come out till next year and isnt that good.

Well you're a friggin' moron... It's actually Ki-Jana Carter.:rolleyes:

On a more thread related note,

I think that Brady Quinn is going to be like the next Steve Young. Maybe not have the greatness that Young had, but close to the same situation. He was drafted by the Bucs to be a future starter, was put in a bad position, and got traded. The team that he was traded to, just happended to be one of the up and coming teams in the NFL. Won a superbowl, and is in the Hall of Fame. The reason why I say Quinn is so similar is because he can be a decent QB, he just needs to have the right weapons. My prediction, he is traded next year and the team that he gets traded to wins the superbowl in the next three years.

Psssttt, Colts.

Paranoidmoonduck
09-21-2009, 02:27 AM
I just dont think you can function as an athlete when you're grossly overweight.

Russell's issues are clearly mental and not physical. He's making some truly abysmal throws out there. He still manages to look great a few times a game, but his bad patches are really rough right now. He's not a lost cause, but there's no question I was hoping for a quicker learning curve than the one he's displayed.

San Diego Chicken
09-21-2009, 02:59 AM
Quinn needs to re-tool his mechanics. He loses a ton of accuracy past 10 yards which is why he's so gun shy. Correctable problem but one that should have been fixed a while ago.

Job
09-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Well you're a friggin' moron... It's actually Ki-Jana Carter.:rolleyes:

On a more thread related note,

I think that Brady Quinn is going to be like the next Steve Young. Maybe not have the greatness that Young had, but close to the same situation. He was drafted by the Bucs to be a future starter, was put in a bad position, and got traded. The team that he was traded to, just happended to be one of the up and coming teams in the NFL. Won a superbowl, and is in the Hall of Fame. The reason why I say Quinn is so similar is because he can be a decent QB, he just needs to have the right weapons. My prediction, he is traded next year and the team that he gets traded to wins the superbowl in the next three years.

Psssttt, Colts.

I don't think Peyton is quite ready to call it quits just yet, nor in the next 3 years. But yeah, that could emphasize the Young comparison, sitting out 50 thousand years behind a sure-fire HOF.

DeathbyStat
09-21-2009, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE=RaiderNation;1803734]Who woud you rather have Russell or Quinn[/QUOTe

Trent Edwards

bigbluedefense
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow. I must say, Brady Quinn is busting. And I was a huge fan of his coming out.

I always thought Russell sucked. Nothing he's done has changed my mind.

LookItsAlDavis
09-21-2009, 09:01 AM
He had LASIK surgery after the draft, I am starting to think they botched the job!

That was some receiver, Buster Davis or Dwayne Bowe I think.

09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
That was some receiver, Buster Davis or Dwayne Bowe I think.

Dwayne Bowe.

CC.SD
09-21-2009, 09:30 AM

Well, everybody has to start somewhere.

Gay Ork Wang
09-21-2009, 09:35 AM
to be honest, id rather see him play at least half a season as a starter than writing him off already

no bare feet
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
B Quinn should be an H back. : )

kalbears13
09-21-2009, 11:10 AM
to be honest, id rather see him play at least half a season as a starter than writing him off already

Yeah, it's hard to believe he's probably played only a total of 4.5 regular season games (2 this year, 2 and a half last year, and one drive the year before) because he's been in the league for 2 and a half years already.

Crickett
09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Rex Ryan is twice the size of Eric Mangini and ten times the coach.

Go Rex! :D

Job
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Rex Ryan is twice the size of Eric Mangini and ten times the coach.

Go Rex! :D

They should make an exception for Rex Ryan and put him in the HOF already.

tjsunstein
09-21-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/Brady_Quinn.jpg

no h mo.

09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
???
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/brady_quinn_crotch.jpg

http://www.thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/brady-quinn-00555.jpg

kalbears13
09-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I have never seen the ketchup and mustard one. That's pretty funny.

Brown Leader
09-24-2009, 04:49 AM
Haven't given up on Quinn yet, but I'm pretty much through with Daboll.
Russell will look much better once/if he gets Chaz back-he's the only one he really wants to throw to.

Mr.Regular
09-24-2009, 11:54 AM
The Raiders would be a good team with better QB/WR play. The defense looks good, the OLine is finally playing well, and they have a stable of backs. Unfortunately combining Russell with brutal receivers with no experience is a scary combination. I think if Russell had some real weapons (outside Miller) he'd develop nicely. Remember this guy has a monster frame, the strongest arm in the NFL, and was a pretty accurate QB in college. Those are some nice tools. His time is running out, but I hope it starts clicking for him soon.

Quinn, is complete trash on the other hand. He checks down too much, has almost no accuracy, and plays for a completely crappy team. His tools aren't on the same level as Russell's and he doesn't have much talent around him. He's headed for a bust label if he doesn't turn it around. If the Browns have a high pick and a top QB is available, I think they'll pull the trigger because new coach/ new GM= new QB.

Splat
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
I actually liked what I saw from Thigpen last year, sadly he is burried at 3rd on KCs depth chart.

For good reason he can't take a snap from center if you don't run the spread he is lost.

Gay Ork Wang
09-24-2009, 12:12 PM
bust after 4 games?

awfullyquiet
09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
For good reason he can't take a snap from center if you don't run the spread he is lost.

Get Cassel. ???. Profit?

bernbabybern820
09-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Gannon says that his high weight affects the bend on his knees when he throws. Says that he is throwing too upright with very little bend in his knees.

Saints-Tigers
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
We keep hearing reports yearly that he is gaining so much weight and all, but he always looks the same to me, he hasn't been 260 in forever, I dunno why they keep reporting that weight.

09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Yep, Russell AND Quinn both suck.

ironman4579
09-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Yep, Russell AND Quinn both suck.

Boxxy agrees with this post.

PoopSandwich
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
I wanna see DA start not having to come into the game down 20...

Had some really good throws and forced alot trying to come back.

Browns are probably the worst team in the league.

vikes_28
09-27-2009, 04:02 PM
what about Rodgers?

jag
09-27-2009, 04:05 PM

Probably the worst?

SuperKevin
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM

The Rams are willing to accept that challenge

PoopSandwich
09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
The Rams are willing to accept that challenge

Browns have score 29 points this year, 7 of which are on a punt return, another 7 on a td in garbage time... 3 points we got because we started on denver's 15 yard line and couldnt get a td.

The Ravens pulled their starters in the 4th and we still lost 34-3

We are god awful.

HawkeyeFan
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
After today... dare I say...

Kyle Boller > Brady Quinn?

vikes_28
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
After today... dare I say...

Kyle Boller > Brady Quinn?

Nope. I agree. 100%.

Thecollegedropout
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I think what this game proved was that the entire team just stinks. Quinn was bad vs a Ravens D looking for blood but Anderson was just as bad vs a more laid back Ravens D.

Its just a team with almost no weapons at all for any QB to succeed around with.

soybean
09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
well if it's any consolation... I'm pretty sure Brady Quinn hates Brady Quinn right now.

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
well...I hate Jamarcus Russell....

P-L
09-27-2009, 05:46 PM
As a Lions fan, I actually feel bad for Browns fans.

BufFan71
09-27-2009, 05:53 PM
i hate trent edwards

PackerLegend
09-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Funny weren't the Browns fans calling for Quinn to start instead of DA last year and now you all hate him.

The Unseen
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
wrong thread

NIN1984
09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
07 qb class = epic fail

j05son
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Sadly, it doesn't matter if Quinn, Anderson or even Ratliff starts. QB is just one of many problems for this team. The entire offense is in shambles. One offensive touchdown in the last 9 regular season games is absolutely pathetic.

The quarterback play is horrid, there is no running game to speak of, there is no protection or push from the offensive line, Braylon Edwards is taken out of games since there is no WR opposite of him to warrant any attention from opposing defenses. The play calling is questionable at best (we ran two consecutive wildcat formation draws on the goal line against Minnesota instead of just plowing Jamal Lewis in!).

I do love me some Shaun Rogers though. His personal foul penalty was awesome [no sarcasm].

Bengalsrocket
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I loves me some Carson Palmer on the 2 minute drill. What a good game.

j05son
09-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I loves me some Carson Palmer on the 2 minute drill. What a good game.

Indeed. Great to see Pitt drop two in a row.

Bengalsrocket
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Indeed. Great to see Pitt drop two in a row.

I posted that in this thread on accident, but thanks for playing it off like I'm not a total moron :P

Anyways, to contribute to this thread's actual topic, I watched the first half of the Cleveland game, and I don't remember ever seeing Brady Quinn make a pass that was more than 3 yards past the LOS. I thought maybe it was the offensive scheme, but then I saw Derek Anderson take a few shots down the field later.

This is an obvious problem with Quinn's game, how does Mangini not know how to fix it? I've never coached football in my life, but I think I could tell my starting QB to stop being so afraid.

NotRickJames
09-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Worst quarterback you've ever seen? I believe that honor goes to JaMarcus Russell.

Anyway, why would you want to bench him? Who do you propose they put in instead of him? Derek Anderson, who three three picks today?

Anyway, that's just idiotic. Mangini is an abomination of a coach. Brady Quinn hasn't even started more than six games yet....give him more time. Derek Anderson has started two full seasons and just flat out sucks.

EvilNixon
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Brady Quinn could be great in a WCO. He's too afraid to throw it deep anyway,so the short passing game would be solid.

ironman4579
09-28-2009, 01:06 AM
I posted that in this thread on accident, but thanks for playing it off like I'm not a total moron :P

Anyways, to contribute to this thread's actual topic, I watched the first half of the Cleveland game, and I don't remember ever seeing Brady Quinn make a pass that was more than 3 yards past the LOS. I thought maybe it was the offensive scheme, but then I saw Derek Anderson take a few shots down the field later.

This is an obvious problem with Quinn's game, how does Mangini not know how to fix it? I've never coached football in my life, but I think I could tell my starting QB to stop being so afraid.

I'm sure people thought the same thing about Joey Harrington. Seriously, it's like looking at the same player when I watch Quinn.

RaiderNation
09-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Thinking of making a "I hate jamarcus russell" thread.... saw him in person today, and well... he sucks

Raiderz4Life
09-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Thinking of making a "I hate jamarcus russell" thread.... saw him in person today, and well... he sucks

He more than sucks....to think we could've had Cutler or Rivers whom i really hate...Rodgers....but NNOOO

j05son
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Mangini is an abomination of a coach.

I'm not usually one to call for a coach's head (I was a supporter of RAC) but seriously, I think Mangini is one of the biggest problems. It's three games and he already has the famous look of indifference and confusion with his arms folded staring blankly at this supposed team we have but hey, it's typical of a Cleveland coach, usually takes more than 3 games though.

Also, FIRE BRIAN DABOLL...

2 wildcat formation draws on the goal line, running qb sneaks on 1st and 10. Get this moron out of here and coaching a junior college team where he belongs.

hockey619
09-28-2009, 04:30 PM
quinns been a let down but part of this has to fall on maginis shoulders.

quinn wasnt told he was starting until the first game, so he probably still feels like hes on a short leash, afraid that making one little mistake is gunna lead to him getting the hook. that and the team just really sucks.

Go_Eagles77
09-28-2009, 04:43 PM
07 qb class = epic fail
Kevin Kolb may actually be the best QB in the whole class. :eek:

awfullyquiet
09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Brady Quinn could be great in a WCO. He's too afraid to throw it deep anyway,so the short passing game would be solid.

Because you have receivers who suck?

Only part of the problem.

Jamal Lewis is the MVP on that team. lol.

But, in seriousness, it's not Quinn's fault the team is bad.

Bucs_Rule
09-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Poor Browns. Each time they look like they have turned a corner and have a bright future they completely become horrible with a bleak future.

PoopSandwich
09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I think what this game proved was that the entire team just stinks. Quinn was bad vs a Ravens D looking for blood but Anderson was just as bad vs a more laid back Ravens D.

More laid back?

When has the Ravens d ever been laid back? Anderson comes in down 20 against one of the best defenses in the league, and he's supposed to try to get back in the game.

He can...

a.) throw 2 yard passes like Brady Quinn and not get picked off.

b.) throw the ball down field taking chances and trying to get the team back in the game.

The Ravens knew the Browns were going to be passing, they had the choice of either blitzing the hell out of Anderson or sitting back in zones, DA made some risky throws and got picked, but he sure as hell made better throws than Quinn did and moved the team alot better.

Give him the start and see what he can do, Quinn might be one of the worst NFL qb I've ever had to sit and watch game after game.

PoopSandwich
09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Funny weren't the Browns fans calling for Quinn to start instead of DA last year and now you all hate him.

Not me, I've been saying for the past year that Brady Quinn is not all he's cracked up to be... Browns fans love the guy for whatever reason and expect him to be the next Bernie Kosar or something... He hadn't done anything to prove himself yet he was sooooo much better than DA.

Oh well, Anderson may not be great or anything but I can say with confidence that I think he's a better QB than Brady Quinn is and ever will be.

yourfavestoner
09-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm sure people thought the same thing about Joey Harrington. Seriously, it's like looking at the same player when I watch Quinn.

David Carr was another.

PoopSandwich
09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
David Carr was another.

Brady Quinn looks like a Charlie Frye clone, except Frye threw the ball down field SOME TIMES at least.

kalbears13
09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Brady Quinn looks like a Charlie Frye clone, except Frye tried to throw the ball down field SOME TIMES at least.

fixed it for you.

ironman4579
09-28-2009, 10:17 PM
David Carr was another.

Also a really good example. It might even be a better one, I just had to watch Joey so many times that he's burned in my brain.

PoopSandwich
09-28-2009, 10:39 PM
fixed it for you.

Yeah that was kind of the whole point haha

kalbears13
09-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah that was kind of the whole point haha

I'm saying the ball didn't get downfield. It went 20 yards...maybe...with the wind behind him...

aNYtitan
09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I like Brady Quinn, thankfully I ain't a Browns fan

CC.SD
09-29-2009, 12:32 AM
I like Brady Quinn, thankfully I ain't a Browns fan

His checkdowns might have actually accomplished something if they had a sturdy playmaker at the TE spot. Another year of Kellen Winslow wouldn't have gotten the best value, but could have helped the development process quite a bit and protected their 1st round investment in Quinn.

This sky is falling stuff is nonsense...the guy is 2.5 games into his first season as a starter. Getting pulled was already a huge mistake. Mangini isn't even giving him a chance. Not even 3 games...that's not how developing a QB works in the NFL. He can look as bad as possible, if he has figured into your future plans at all (and given the utter lack of alternatives, he should) then you have to give him the ball, take your licks, and hope he improves.

PoopSandwich
09-29-2009, 01:49 AM
He started three games last year... Looked good in the first one, awful in the second one, dreadful in the third one.

This year he has looked bad in the first one, horrendous in the second one, and unbearably bad in the third one.

Sometimes you just know that a QB sucks, this is one of those cases.

kalbears13
09-29-2009, 03:36 AM
He started three games last year... Looked good in the first one, awful in the second one, dreadful in the third one.

This year he has looked bad in the first one, horrendous in the second one, and unbearably bad in the third one.

Sometimes you just know that a QB sucks, this is one of those cases.

From last year I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in the second game but he injured his finger in the second game and was playing on a hurt finger in the third game. He did play horrible but he had a good reason.

PoopSandwich
09-29-2009, 01:32 PM
From last year I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in the second game but he injured his finger in the second game and was playing on a hurt finger in the third game. He did play horrible but he had a good reason.

That is true but it was straight from Brady's mouth that it didn't affect him and it's sort of believable after watching this year lol.

I know athletes try to say it doesn't bug them some times to act tough or whatever but if you have a broken finger and its affecting your throws I don't think it would make you look like a sissy if you said it was affecting your game.

ccB
09-29-2009, 01:51 PM
From what I saw Sunday, Derek Anderson is no better of a QB than Brady Quinn is. I wouldn't want neither to be the QB of my team but Derek Anderson was substantially worse than Quinn on Sunday. IMO the Browns pulled Brady too early, 6/8 34 yds and 1 INT is in no means a good line to have as a QB but on completion percentage alone he should of been left in the game until he turned the ball over again. You named the guy starter for a reason, don't bench him after 3 games, especially when it's clear your team is one of the worst in the league regardless of who the QB is, what does it hurt to leave him out there?

To me this wasn't about Brady Quinn sucking, or DA being substantially better than Quinn, it was about Mangini trying to save his own ass.

EvilNixon
09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
At least you don't have JaMarcus Russell as your QB.

CC.SD
09-29-2009, 02:09 PM
At least you don't have JaMarcus Russell as your QB.

So what's the good Nixon like?

Saints-Tigers
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
So what's the good Nixon like?

Like smart Bush.

CC.SD
09-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Like smart Bush.

or accurate Russell.

Brown Leader
09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
His checkdowns might have actually accomplished something if they had a sturdy playmaker at the TE spot. Another year of Kellen Winslow wouldn't have gotten the best value, but could have helped the development process quite a bit and protected their 1st round investment in Quinn.

This sky is falling stuff is nonsense...the guy is 2.5 games into his first season as a starter. Getting pulled was already a huge mistake. Mangini isn't even giving him a chance. Not even 3 games...that's not how developing a QB works in the NFL. He can look as bad as possible, if he has figured into your future plans at all (and given the utter lack of alternatives, he should) then you have to give him the ball, take your licks, and hope he improves.

Charm City Byrdgang From what I saw Sunday, Derek Anderson is no better of a QB than Brady Quinn is. I wouldn't want neither to be the QB of my team but Derek Anderson was substantially worse than Quinn on Sunday. IMO the Browns pulled Brady too early, 6/8 34 yds and 1 INT is in no means a good line to have as a QB but on completion percentage alone he should of been left in the game until he turned the ball over again. You named the guy starter for a reason, don't bench him after 3 games, especially when it's clear your team is one of the worst in the league regardless of who the QB is, what does it hurt to leave him out there?

To me this wasn't about Brady Quinn sucking, or DA being substantially better than Quinn, it was about Mangini trying to save his own ass.

After watching his first three this year, Brady has earned that benching. I don't care about the stats-he was not even close to being competitive. There's a definite regression from last year in Quinn and the team's play and that's the coaches fault but he needed to be removed if nothing else but to save his psyche for any kind of future NFL career. Really though, if Quinn didn't throw that pick he prob. would not have got pulled-it was a I'm an overwhelmed rookie type of pick-and the only reason he got the start this season was because of the belief that he was a better game manager than DA. I suppose the thinking was, if he's going to throw picks like that we might as well put Anderson in.

What's killing me is the line Mangini stays on after how bad this team has looked-drop the pretense and admit that you and your staff have utterly failed up to this point-Browns are worst in the league-and talk about how it can be solved. The notion that the the team lacks so much talent is crap-virtually same squad from last year who were competitive in every game until the two Qb's went down-now getting blown out every game.

PoopSandwich
09-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Mangina revamped half of the squad and we haven't gotten any production really.

We trade our 5th overall pick and get a bunch of garbage (Granted, I like Alex Mack and I think he's gonna be a solid starter for a long time.) and NONE... NONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE of our ******* second round picks even play, Massaquoi has been targeted a few times.

Good selections there and good job incorporating them into our system you fat ****.

09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
or accurate Russell.

Good-at-anything Orton?

CC.SD
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Good-at-anything Orton?

You'd think that, but if I told you Orton purposefully aimed the ball to deflect into Stokely's hands, I bet you'd be pretty impressed.

LookItsAlDavis
09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Brett Favre to the Browns next year

CC.SD
09-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Brett Favre to the Browns next year

Sorry I already told BOE he would be a Chief.

Saints-Tigers
09-29-2009, 10:52 PM
or accurate Russell.

Not a good analogy. Accurate Russell existed once upon a time.

CC.SD
09-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Not a good analogy. Accurate Russell existed once upon a time.

Yeah well, so did Alive Buster Davis.

Saints-Tigers
09-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Rofl, I forgot about that guy, wasn't he a first round pick one time?

CC.SD
09-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Rofl, I forgot about that guy, wasn't he a first round pick one time?

Yes, yes he was.

Raiderz4Life
09-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Yes, yes he was.

jesus christ lol i had completely forgotten about davis lol

hockey619
09-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Derek Anderson is now the starter saw it on sportscenter

bigbluedefense
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Does Quinn become trade bait now?

CC.SD
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
jesus christ lol i had completely forgotten about davis lol

Next year Chris Chambers will be gone so Buster will probably get a good shot at being the #4 after Jackson, Floyd, and Naanee, and that's not including the touches Gates, Ladainian, and Sproles (hopefully) will get. So yah his career is working out just fine. Unless he gets beat out by Demetrius Byrd.

bigbluedefense
09-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Next year Chris Chambers will be gone so Buster will probably get a good shot at being the #4 after Jackson, Floyd, and Naanee, and that's not including the touches Gates, Ladainian, and Sproles (hopefully) will get. So yah his career is working out just fine. Unless he gets beat out by Demetrius Byrd.

Question, it might be the guy youre referring to, but didnt you guys draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round a couple of years back?

Whatever happened to him?

MetSox17
09-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Question, it might be the guy youre referring to, but didnt you guys draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round a couple of years back?

Whatever happened to him?

Lol, that's who he's referring to... Craig "Buster" (literally) Davis.

Raiderz4Life
09-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I member his rookie year or w.e. the commentators would be all like "He's such a good receiver" "He's got such great athleticism he gonna be great" and then his 2nd year the earth swallowed him up

CC.SD
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
He always looks pretty good when he plays...but that is very rarely. Buried would be putting it lightly.

Oh and as for Brady, everybody say it with me now!

qjVMAxdbDj8

NOW I'M DONE

P-L
09-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Well I will say this about Brady Quinn: There is a reason he fell to pick #22 in the draft, and it wasn't because no team needed a quarterback. He was hyped at a top ten or top five pick, yet teams like Minnesota, Miami, San Francisco, Buffalo, New York, and Jacksonville all passed on him. None of those teams had long-term solutions at quarterback, yet they saw something most draftniks did not.

hockey619
09-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Well I will say this about Brady Quinn: There is a reason he fell to pick #22 in the draft, and it wasn't because no team needed a quarterback. He was hyped at a top ten or top five pick, yet teams like Minnesota, Miami, San Francisco, Buffalo, New York, and Jacksonville all passed on him. None of those teams had long-term solutions at quarterback, yet they saw something most draftniks did not.

My question is what did they see that so many others missed?

im curious to know what everyone thinks he was missing when he came out that scared teams.

To me, he was a bit inaccurate and he looked a lot like a linebacker, like he had gotten muscular to the point that he was no longer a fluid athlete but rather more like a body builder. he looked a bit robotic when throwing, like he was aiming the ball and it wasnt natural for him to be throwing. but he seemed to bring a lot to the table so to see him play as poorly as he has is puzzling.

The same thing happened with Aaron Rodgers though, he fell from almost number one pick to gettin picked in the twentys. so did teams see a flaw in him that was corrected (system)? or did they just make a mistake?

NotRickJames
10-02-2009, 06:47 PM
In response to your giving me negative rep points, I've watched all three Browns games. It's sad to think that benching Quinn for Anderson is going to help you guys. DA sucks, and his ass should have been cut last year. Quinn has only started six games, and you want him thrown out in favour of a guy who's had two full years and then some? Give me a break, that's just silly.

Honestly, what is wrong with NFL fans today? Titans fans want Jeff Fisher gone. Redskins fans want Zorn gone. Browns fans want Quinn out. It is despicable the lack of patience displayed by the fans of today.

Raiderz4Life
10-02-2009, 07:00 PM
In response to your giving me negative rep points, I've watched all three Browns games. It's sad to think that benching Quinn for Anderson is going to help you guys. DA sucks, and his ass should have been cut last year. Quinn has only started six games, and you want him thrown out in favour of a guy who's had two full years and then some? Give me a break, that's just silly.

Honestly, what is wrong with NFL fans today? Titans fans want Jeff Fisher gone. Redskins fans want Zorn gone. Browns fans want Quinn out. It is despicable the lack of patience displayed by the fans of today.

I have yet to meet a Titans fan that isn't pleased with Fisher....the guy knows how to win and has always had good teams...yes he hasn't won a SB but its fair to say he'll have another chance becasue he is a quality coach....

As for Zorn...who WOULDN'T want him out...the guys been there for several years now and has done nothing.....

Quinn just sucks...his play makes my argument for me

NotRickJames
10-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I have yet to meet a Titans fan that isn't pleased with Fisher....the guy knows how to win and has always had good teams...yes he hasn't won a SB but its fair to say he'll have another chance becasue he is a quality coach....

As for Zorn...who WOULDN'T want him out...the guys been there for several years now and has done nothing.....

Quinn just sucks...his play makes my argument for me

I know three Titans fans, all of whom want Fisher out. Zorn is a problem, but there are many more pressing ones....such as Jason Campbell and the offensive line.

Quinn sucks...so far. Why not let Anderson do the talking for himself? 3 picks last week. Sucked the last two years. What happened to letting a young QB develop? Some of you people are clearly insane.

10-02-2009, 08:33 PM

Thank you thank you thank you. I've been saying it too, ever since the draft happened and Browns fans thought they got 2 top 5 picks for the price of one.(and a half)

wonderbredd24
10-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Brady Quinn's problem is simple. He's looking at his linemen instead of looking downfield. The result is missing opportunities downfield, checking down constantly, and taking sacks because he does not see the receivers.

I do not see him getting over this with the right side of our offensive line the way it is. So, they might as well go with Derek Anderson and see if he can make something happen. Chances are, he will do what he's always done, but at least Mohammed Massaquoi might get some catches in between Anderson's INTs.

As for Quinn, I think the Browns should hold onto him and see if they can fix him. Brady Quinn absolutely gets it pre-snap. For anyone who has watched him, he can read a defense and he audibles effectively to the betterment of the offense. If he can get over his problem, I think he can be a good quarterback in this league, but if not, he's Alex Smith

Raiderz4Life
10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I know three Titans fans, all of whom want Fisher out. Zorn is a problem, but there are many more pressing ones....such as Jason Campbell and the offensive line.

Quinn sucks...so far. Why not let Anderson do the talking for himself? 3 picks last week. Sucked the last two years. What happened to letting a young QB develop? Some of you people are clearly insane.
Well then those aren't very good Titans fan now are they?
I didn't say DA was better.....but it is more likely for a QB to throw picks when he's playing from behind making him more restless.....that being said...the QB problem in Cleveland is apparent and with Quinn playing so conservative and scared he's not going to develop...or not in a positive manner.

ironman4579
10-02-2009, 10:52 PM
The Browns quarterback situation right now is basically like the smartest monkeys in the world. No matter how much they learn, it pretty much all comes back to throwing poo.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-03-2009, 12:20 AM
At least the Browns didn't spend the #1 pick and 60 million dollars on someone whos worth less than dog ****.

kalbears13
10-03-2009, 04:10 AM
At least the Browns didn't spend the #1 pick and 60 million dollars on someone whos worth less than dog ****.

The Browns might not have spent $60 million on a #1 pick but they sure have picked a lot of winners since 1999...

Rosebud
10-03-2009, 04:40 AM
The Browns quarterback situation right now is basically like the smartest monkeys in the world. No matter how much they learn, it pretty much all comes back to throwing poo.

Yeah but a monkey that's truly expert caliber with it's poo throwing could adapt to throwing a football with the proper motivation...

ironman4579
10-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Yeah but a monkey that's truly expert caliber with it's poo throwing could adapt to throwing a football with the proper motivation...

With the first pick in the 2010 entry draft, the Cleveland Browns select...........Able the space monkey.

http://ham.space.umn.edu/kris/animalgifs/monkey_able.jpg

aNYtitan
10-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I still don't see how you make this decision after him playing 4 professional games. This guy was supposed to be the future, the Browns ain't going anywhere any time soon, let him play, take his lumps, learn how to make good game decisions and thats that. Otherwise, trade him for something else.

PoopSandwich
10-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I still don't see how you make this decision after him playing 4 professional games. This guy was supposed to be the future, the Browns ain't going anywhere any time soon, let him play, take his lumps, learn how to make good game decisions and thats that. Otherwise, trade him for something else.

He started 6 games and he had one good game.

1-5 through 6 games, looking horrible in 5 of them.

Thats how you make the decision, and it wasn't Mangini's draft pick.

BlindSite
10-03-2009, 06:17 PM
6 games 4 of them bad when playing for the Cleveland browns makes you a bad quarterback?

In what universe does that make anything resembling intelligent thought?

Rosebud
10-03-2009, 06:19 PM
6 games 4 of them bad when playing for the Cleveland browns makes you a bad quarterback?

Well that steve young guy sucked his first few starts for a terrible team and he ended up a waste of space...oh wait

MidwayMonster31
10-03-2009, 06:22 PM

In what universe does that make anything resembling intelligent thought?When the Cleveland Browns and Eric Mangini are involved, nothing resembles intelligent thought.

PoopSandwich
10-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't care who he played for, his pocket presence is terrible he doesn't throw the ball down field ever (Coach said players have been open and Brady has hesitated to throw the ball.) he has terrible accuracy on passes (I'm guessing that's the coaches and teams fault.) He holds on to the ball way too long when he can see the pressure starting to come and he looks scared shitless.

That is what I base it off of.

P.S 5 of 6 games bad, not 4 of 6.

aNYtitan
10-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't care who he played for, his pocket presence is terrible he doesn't throw the ball down field ever (Coach said players have been open and Brady has hesitated to throw the ball.) he has terrible accuracy on passes (I'm guessing that's the coaches and teams fault.) He holds on to the ball way too long when he can see the pressure starting to come and he looks scared shitless.

So through 6 games you can be absolutely certain that he will never progress into anything of usefulness? Maybe he would have a bit more confidence if his coach would show him some support and he would have a running game that he could rely on (total amount of rushing yards through 3 games is 214 yards combined), a line that gives him some time (he has been sacked 10 times already) and I can't find out how many drops.

You can't base anything on wins and losses, especially considering how bad all around the Browns are. If so you would have gotten rid of Peyton Manning (more ints then TD's and lead the Colts to a 3-13 record) or Troy Aikman (9 td's and 18 ints to lead the Cowboys to a 0-11 record) or any other QB that struggles early on. Listen, if you don't want him, trade him then, and put all your chips on Derek Anderson and see where that takes you.

BlindSite
10-04-2009, 05:09 AM

I know you said 5 of 6, you were wrong, he got injured in one of them

bernbabybern820
10-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Jamarcus Russell is getting a thread if he doesn't deliver today!

Saints-Tigers
10-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Brady doesn't throw down field because he knows if he ***** up, he could get yanked... low and behold... he got yanked!! Quality stuff there Mangina.

Addict
10-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Jamarcus Russell is getting a thread if he doesn't deliver today!

don't give JR a thread! he'll just eat it.

FuzzyGopher
10-04-2009, 10:58 AM
I think it would help Quinn if he had more than a punt returner as his number 2. He has no tight end, and they are down to their 3rd running back. They are not giving him the tools to succeed, he is going to struggle and have ups and downs because he is a young quarterback. If he was in a more stable organization that gave him some weapons he would look a lot better. Go ahead and trade him, I would take him on the Vikings.

10-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Because you can tell by looking at him. If he was making mistakes by trying to go deep too often, that's fine for a young QB. But BQ is scared, he's terrified. And he's not gonna grow balls anytime soon.

kalbears13
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I wonder if the Dolphins looking back still would have taken Ted Ginn Jr. over Brady Quinn.

MiWolves
10-04-2009, 12:46 PM
If Parcells was there at the time I bet they would.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Derek anderson any better? The guy is 2/7 so far and has done absolutely nothing...

Crickett
10-04-2009, 01:50 PM
When the Cleveland Browns and Eric Mangini are involved, nothing resembles intelligent thought.

Brady doesn't throw down field because he knows if he ***** up, he could get yanked... low and behold... he got yanked!! Quality stuff there Mangina.

Man I'm glad he isn't the Jets coach anymore.

Jamarcus Russell is getting a thread today!

Fixed that for you.

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 05:23 PM
If anyone wants to tell me after today that Quinn should start over Anderson then you're absolutely ******* insane.

wonderbredd24
10-04-2009, 05:27 PM
If anyone wants to tell me after today that Quinn should start over Anderson then you're absolutely ******* insane.

I agree with you, but my point remains the same. Quinn's problem is he's looking at his linemen.

Mohammed Massaquoi is the truth

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 05:32 PM
I agree with you, but my point remains the same. Quinn's problem is he's looking at his linemen.

Mohammed Massaquoi is the truth

And he doesn't throw the ball down field ever and he holds on too long and his accuracy sucks.

kalbears13
10-04-2009, 05:36 PM
To be honest I think Brady Quinn was better as a rookie coming into the nfl because he was way more confident than he is now.

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 05:54 PM
To be honest I think Brady Quinn was better as a rookie coming into the nfl because he was way more confident than he is now.

Battered QB Syndrome, it's happened to prospects like David Carr, Joey Harrington and Jason Campbell as well as vets like Kurt Warner and every other QB Mike Martz has had.

DeepThreat
10-04-2009, 05:56 PM
The only problem with that logic is that Quinn was never battered. He's never hardly played until this year.

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
The only problem with that logic is that Quinn was never battered. He's never hardly played until this year.

BQBS isn't only about physical hits.

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 06:13 PM
BQBS isn't only about physical hits.

It's about ****** quarterbacks who were completely over-hyped and can't handle the pressure of the NFL.

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 06:14 PM

I find this comment funny because Derek Anderson went 10-5 as a starter in 2007 and played poorly in 2008 but not necessarily bad enough to get yanked yet everyone was calling for Quinn like he was the second coming of christ.

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 06:16 PM
It's about ****** quarterbacks who were completely over-hyped and can't handle the pressure of the NFL.

Or QBs who can't handle being asked to carry a **** team while having to play the game looking over his shoulder and worrying about a crap QB coming in to replace him while he tries to develop. Hate Quinn all you want, but the browns have done an absolutely terrible job of developing him.

Marino13
10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I wonder if the Dolphins looking back still would have taken Ted Ginn Jr. over Brady Quinn.

no but Pat Willis on the other hand....

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I find this comment funny because Derek Anderson went 10-5 as a starter in 2007 and played poorly in 2008 but not necessarily bad enough to get yanked yet everyone was calling for Quinn like he was the second coming of christ.

The Sex Cannon could've gone 10-5 with that team, schedule and luck at throwing into triple coverage.

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Or QBs who can't handle being asked to carry a **** team while having to play the game looking over his shoulder and worrying about a crap QB coming in to replace him while he tries to develop. Hate Quinn all you want, but the browns have done an absolutely terrible job of developing him.

Really? I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers got to sit 2-3 years and he looks just ******* fine.

What the **** was Cleveland supposed to do bench a pro-bowl QB just because they drafted a guy in the first round? When Quinn did get his chance last year he played one good game and two ****** games and then was out the rest of the year.

THEN, he gets the start coming into the season and plays god awful for three straight games, what the **** else do you expect?

Does he deserve to start when hes playing absolutely terrible and we have a capable qb on the bench?

Anderson played a much better game today then anything Quinn has done all year AND THATS WITHOUT BRAYLON EDWARDS EVEN CATCHING A BALL.

Just respond with your ******* "Brady Quinn management plan" WHAT SHOULD THE BROWNS HAVE DONE BUDDY? BENCHED A QB WHO GOES 10-5 ENTERING 2008?

GOOD PLAN.

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
The Sex Cannon could've gone 10-5 with that team, schedule and luck at throwing into triple coverage.

I don't even know how to respond to that besides you are clueless.

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Really? I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers got to sit 2-3 years and he looks just ******* fine.

What the **** was Cleveland supposed to do bench a pro-bowl QB just because they drafted a guy in the first round? When Quinn did get his chance last year he played one good game and two ****** games and then was out the rest of the year.

THEN, he gets the start coming into the season and plays god awful for three straight games, what the **** else do you expect?

Does he deserve to start when hes playing absolutely terrible and we have a capable qb on the bench?

Anderson played a much better game today then anything Quinn has done all year AND THATS WITHOUT BRAYLON EDWARDS EVEN CATCHING A BALL.

Just respond with your ******* "Brady Quinn management plan" WHAT SHOULD THE BROWNS HAVE DONE BUDDY? BENCHED A QB WHO GOES 10-5 ENTERING 2008?

GOOD PLAN.

Exactly, Rodgers got to sit and develop and then when he was given the team to run his team not only didn't yank him but got rid of a HOF QB to make sure he wasn't looking over his shoulder.

The Browns should've gotten rid of Anderson this offseason and made this Quinn's team. If you're going to go to your future at QB you stick with him, now it might've been a good call to stick through all of last year with Anderson and then gone to Brady this summer, which is probably how I would've played it, but either way once you go to your future he's got enough to worry about without him having to watch his back because Mangina is a tard. Sure he'll struggle but that's because he's a young QB, once you go with him you take your lumps and let him focus solely on learning from those mistakes and improving while trying to build his confidence.

Addict
10-04-2009, 06:32 PM

Quinn became the starter but not really how many times again?

Hurricanes25
10-04-2009, 07:15 PM
At least Derek Andersn gives the Browns a shot to win. (As long as he limits his turnovers)

Raiderz4Life
10-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Quinn's problem is he got castrated at some point....

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
The Browns should've gotten rid of Anderson this offseason and made this Quinn's team.

You have obviously not watched a single game he has played if you think that is a good idea.

In fact, using hind sight, that is even worse and youre still suggesting it.

If Quinn sucks because he's afraid to lose his job then I dont ******* want him as my quarterback.

Addict
10-04-2009, 07:33 PM
You have obviously not watched a single game he has played if you think that is a good idea.

If Quinn sucks because he's afraid to lose his job then I dont ******* want him as my quarterback.

Yes, because obviously the Browns have really made it clear that he was the next franchise kid, and that he could afford himself a few mistakes without getting yanked. I mean seriously what the hell have the Browns done to deserve this young talented kid being scared out of his mind to make a mistake and does so because he's so afraid?

oh that's right...

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 07:34 PM

You're unfortunately wrong, but it's clear you have no understanding of what developing a QB means. I'm not saying that Quinn would suddenly be Peyton if not for DA, I'm saying that if Quinn knew that the team viewed him as the guy he could focus on improving and progressing instead of focusing on avoiding mistakes to avoid getting yanked, like he has been. Just think for a second, if you're a young QB who still has a lot to learn about how to succeed in the league and that takes a lot of good QBs all of their focus, now imagine you have to start worrying about a coach who's going to yank you as soon as you make a big mistake. That's ruined many QBs and if you don't think that's true you must very new to the game.

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
You're unfortunately wrong, but it's clear you have no understanding of what developing a QB means. I'm not saying that Quinn would suddenly be Peyton if not for DA, I'm saying that if Quinn knew that the team viewed him as the guy he could focus on improving and progressing instead of focusing on avoiding mistakes to avoid getting yanked, like he has been. Just think for a second, if you're a young QB who still has a lot to learn about how to succeed in the league and that takes a lot of good QBs all of their focus, now imagine you have to start worrying about a coach who's going to yank you as soon as you make a big mistake. That's ruined many QBs and if you don't think that's true you must very new to the game.

And I am saying if a QB is worried about being yanked then he should play good, thats the lamest ass excuse ever.

If Quinn showed any promise what so ever I would agree with you, he looks completely lost and has looked completely lost.

I'm done in this thread I'm arguing with a bunch of people who think Quinn deserves to have the starting job handed to him on a silver platter. Quinn in 3 starts had 1 td in GARBAGE time. He sucks, its obvious he sucks, I am arguing that Anderson deserves to start now and Quinn looks horrible, if you wanna argue that with me then gtfo cause im done with it.

Addict
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
if you wanna argue that with me then gtfo cause im done with it.

Isn't it the other way around? If you don't want to discuss this, just leave the thread and ignore it.

robert pancake gallery
10-04-2009, 07:48 PM
honestly i don't see what the issue is for browns fans; you guys have two great quarterbacks to choose from in quinn and anderson... hell either of them would be starting for most teams in the league; lol, it pains me to see these spoiled fans complaining about a few incomplete passes when you guys could have it so much worse

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Isn't it the other way around? If you don't want to discuss this, just leave the thread and ignore it.

nope my thread my rules.

also, its not a discussion, its "BROWNS RUINED QUINNS DEVELOPMENT HE SHOULD BE STARTING HE WAS AFRAID OF BEING PULLED!!!" over, and over, and over.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 07:54 PM
honestly i don't see what the issue is for browns fans; you guys have two great quarterbacks to choose from in quinn and anderson... hell either of them would be starting for most teams in the league; lol, it pains me to see these spoiled fans complaining about a few incomplete passes when you guys could have it so much worse

Wait, what the **** did you just say?

robert pancake gallery
10-04-2009, 07:56 PM

my point is they should find a way to play both of them if they can't decide who's better; look at the gators in their magical 2006-07 season, they had tim tebow and chris leak, and instead of complaining they let them both spread their wings and fly away with that beautiful offense

Monomach
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Someone has to rescue him from a horribly-run team with fans who think 6 games is a large enough sample size to hang a loser tag on him.

I don't understand this benching one bit. Derek Anderson is not going to lead the Browns to a Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

I'm so going to laugh my ass off when a team trades a 4th rounder for Quinn and actually allows him to develop.

Raiderz4Life
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
my point is they should find a way to play both of them if they can't decide who's better; look at the gators in their magical 2006-07 season, they had tim tebow and chris leak, and instead of complaining they let them both spread their wings and fly away with that beautiful offense

you cant compare Quinn and DA to Leak and Tebow

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Someone has to rescue him from a horribly-run team with fans who think 6 games is a large enough sample size to hang a loser tag on him.

I don't understand this benching one bit. Derek Anderson is not going to lead the Browns to a Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

I'm so going to laugh my ass off when a team trades a 4th rounder for Quinn and actually allows him to develop.

And I'm so going to laugh my ass off when a team trades for Quinn.

Babylon
10-04-2009, 07:59 PM

I think what the gentleman was trying to say is when you're a Raiders fan everyone elses QB looks great.

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 08:00 PM

I'm trying to figure out if you're actually serious, or if you're a very good troll.

robert pancake gallery
10-04-2009, 08:00 PM
you cant compare Quinn and DA to Leak and Tebow

i'm not putting anyone in the same category as tim tebow, quite frankly i think when he enters the league he will already be just as good as tom brady; i'm just saying that its not all about "choose me or suffer", you can choose them both, anderson played receiver for oklahoma state in college i think, line him up at split end and hitch up the horses

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 08:03 PM
i'm not putting anyone in the same category as tim tebow, quite frankly i think when he enters the league he will already be just as good as tom brady; i'm just saying that its not all about "choose me or suffer", you can choose them both, anderson played receiver for oklahoma state in college i think, line him up at split end and hitch up the horses

Okay, you started trying too hard now.

Raiderz4Life
10-04-2009, 08:03 PM

A raw unproven rookie Tebow as good as Brady? Anderson as a WR? You serious?

robert pancake gallery
10-04-2009, 08:04 PM

tebow has 4 years under his belt; anderson is 6'6

i'm not saying tim tebow is the second coming of christ, but the guys already got a promise ring

MetSox17
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM

He's trolling dude.

Hurricanes25
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM

Quite possibly the dumbest post i have ever seen.

robert pancake gallery
10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Quite possibly the dumbest post i have ever seen.

derek anderson and brady quinn is like a two headed dragon at quarterback, if they could draft tim tebow they would have a hydra

RyanLeafWasGood
10-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Quinn was pretty good runningback for Denver a few years back. I always wonderd wha happend t0o him.

robert pancake gallery
10-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Quinn was pretty good runningback for Denver a few years back. I always wonderd wha happend t0o him.

i think you have the wrong quinn man

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 08:32 PM
derek anderson and brady quinn is like a two headed dragon at quarterback, if they could draft tim tebow they would have a hydra

Add a little Craig Nail for all time greatness and you could play 4 QBs at the same time and the browns wouldn't be bad for once. DA at receiver, Craig Nail at RB, Brady Quinn at QB and Timmy at Jesus.

Job
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM

This guy is funny. I like him.

jayceheathman
10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
This thread needs Mr. Scott Wright. Quinn was his favorite prospect to come out of college in forever.

aNYtitan
10-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Alright, WinslowBolden, if he is really that bad, and just has no chance to succeed on your team, hopefully the trade him for something of value (you aren't going to get a first round draft pick anytime soon for him). I still think he has a shot to succeed in the NFL, given he is given what all young QB's need to succeed (a good O-line and a good running game).

PoopSandwich
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Look, Brady Quinn got his chance, Mangini named him starter. We had one td in three games which was a garbage td. He looked scared, had happy feet, was inaccurate, and played about as bad as you can possibly play.

If Quinn wanted to keep starting, he should have played like it and not worried about being pulled. The dude was named starter, what else do you need to have confidence? Trade every single qb away so you're the only QB and don't have any competition?

If I go to work and I do a terrible job every day I expect to get fired, it's the same way in football. If you show up and do not perform do not expect to play.

RaiderNation
10-04-2009, 11:59 PM
robert pancake gallery FTW

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Look, Brady Quinn got his chance, Mangini named him starter. We had one td in three games which was a garbage td. He looked scared, had happy feet, was inaccurate, and played about as bad as you can possibly play.

If Quinn wanted to keep starting, he should have played like it and not worried about being pulled. The dude was named starter, what else do you need to have confidence? Trade every single qb away so you're the only QB and don't have any competition?

If I go to work and I do a terrible job every day I expect to get fired, it's the same way in football. If you show up and do not perform do not expect to play.

Yeah but you have a coach who goes week to week on misinformation and misdirection. There was never any real vote of confidence (which is what QB's want to hear [and as a Titans fan, what I don't want to hear now, considering Collins has been awful]). Also, when your best offensive option is a special teams star, something is up.

But I get what you are saying, still you are basically writing him off completely for the rest of the season. If its based on what your saying, then the moment that Derek Anderson starts to perform badly, he should be pulled. Who would you go to then? Back to Quinn?

PoopSandwich
10-05-2009, 12:20 AM
If Derek Anderson starts playing like Brady Quinn where our offense doesn't go anywhere then Quinn deserves another crack.

I don't think that is going to happen so I am not worried about it... DA takes his risks throws some crazy passes etc but has a great arm. I think DA can develop into a good QB in this league with a consistent threat at RB and one more target at receiver.

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 12:26 AM
If Derek Anderson starts playing like Brady Quinn where our offense doesn't go anywhere then Quinn deserves another crack.

I don't think that is going to happen so I am not worried about it... DA takes his risks throws some crazy passes etc but has a great arm. I think DA can develop into a good QB in this league with a consistent threat at RB and one more target at receiver.

I'm pretty sure you said the same thing after he had that Pro Bowl year in 2007. This is becoming musical chairs, and never have I can't recall a rotational QB system, even less then one that has succeeded, going back and forth between two guys during the season. It really imo is a bad way to go about it. Now that Mangini has made the move to DA, stick to it, and let him ride it out. If you honestly feel that this team is capable of going somewhere this season (not even talking about the talent of the QB) you are kidding yourself.

Raiderz4Life
10-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm pretty sure you said the same thing after he had that Pro Bowl year in 2007. This is becoming musical chairs, and never have I can't recall a rotational QB system, even less then one that has succeeded, going back and forth between two guys during the season. It really imo is a bad way to go about it. Now that Mangini has made the move to DA, stick to it, and let him ride it out. If you honestly feel that this team is capable of going somewhere this season (not even talking about the talent of the QB) you are kidding yourself.

Actually, Norm Van Brocklin was in that situation with Bob Waterfield and they did pretty well

PalmerToCJ
10-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Anderson looked good today. Some of his deep balls were absolutely on the money against solid coverage.

aNYtitan
10-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Actually, Norm Van Brocklin was in that situation with Bob Waterfield and they did pretty well

When was this?

Raiderz4Life
10-05-2009, 12:45 AM
When was this?

WWAAAYYYY before my time lol

Shiver
10-05-2009, 12:59 AM
What do you Browns fans think of Massaquoi going forward? Do you think his performance was a fluke, or does he have a real connection with Anderson?

wonderbredd24
10-05-2009, 09:34 AM
What do you Browns fans think of Massaquoi going forward? Do you think his performance was a fluke, or does he have a real connection with Anderson?

Massaquoi tore it up in training camp too, so this is not too surprising.

He just needed a quarterback who looks at his receivers instead of his linemen

wonderbredd24
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Anderson looked good today. Some of his deep balls were absolutely on the money against solid coverage.

Derek Anderson had better accuracy than last year, but sadly he never audibles pre-snap, even when the Bengals were covering Braylon Edwards with a linebacker, and as you no doubt noticed, when Mike Zimmer sent all out blitzes, Anderson lost control of his bowels the second the ball was snapped.

bigbluedefense
10-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I have a feeling that Mangini wanted to start DA from the get go, but was pressured into starting Quinn.

The fact that he had a qb competition to begin with leads me to suspect that he wasn't high on Quinn to begin with.

Mangini is a tool, and is full of himself/his approach, and tries to outcoach opponents far too often instead of just doing what makes sense, but he's not as bad of a coach as he's being painted out to be.

I don't like him, but let's face facts, the guy did great with a terrible Jets team his first year, his talent got exposed the following years, but then when he had a talented team and a healthy Brett Favre, he was 8-3 before the collapse due to Favre's injury.

The guy can win if you let him build a team and have patience with him. He'll slowly turn this around.

I personally loved his draft. I thought it was an excellent draft.

Bengalsrocket
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Yah, I agree with you. Mangini may not be a genius miracle worker, but he's not a complete ****** either. He does know a little bit about football. The browns aren't a huge market team, and the only way they're going to have success is to find a program they like, and ride it out for 4-5 years. You can't buy all the talent in the world like some other teams, so you need to get a coach with a plan and give him time to execute that plan.

BlindSite
10-05-2009, 06:58 PM
NFL fans are spoiled by guys like Matt Ryan, Flacco, Manning and to an extent coaching brilliance in turn arounds like Fox did 1-15 team to 7-9 to a superbowl, Mike Smith taking a destroyed team and taking them to the playoffs, Tomlin taking over from a future HOF coach and taking them to two a superbowl, the turn around Rex Ryan has created.

In fact, part of Ryan's coaching brilliance this year has to be attributed to some of the work that Mangini did, sure he wasn't a perfect coach, but you don't spend the time under belichick that he did without learning a thing or two.

Quinn isn't ready to be an NFL starter. Personally I think the Browns should take this season as a mulligan and let him start and play and improve Eli Manning as a rookie, style. Benching him now can only hurt his chances.

Then again, it might be the only thing to save him.

There's a laundry list of QBs thrown to the wolves too early, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey, Kyle Boller, Vince Young, all chucked under centre before they were ready. Some guys have the personality to rise above the adversity that comes with being a young QB, Ryan, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Cutler.

Then there's guys who should be allowed to sit for a few years like Aaron Rogers, and look what he's become. Quinn is probably in the earlier stage. He has the potential to be a great quarterback in the league, but I don't think mentally he's as ready as he needs to be, nor as adept as he needs to be at reading and reacting to defenses.

All I know is that he hasn't played enough football, nor had enough stability in the coaches above him to be a successful quarterback just yet.

PoopSandwich
10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
If you honestly feel that this team is capable of going somewhere this season (not even talking about the talent of the QB) you are kidding yourself.

Obviously I don't think we're gonna do anything but have a top 10 pick but I think DA has a better chance of becoming a legit NFL QB than Quinn and I think he's way further ahead in his progress and has better chemistry with our offense.

Thecollegedropout
10-06-2009, 01:56 AM

If by getting a chance, you mean getting starts vs D's like MIN, DEN and BAL with a coaching staff that will not allow you to throw deep than yeah I guess that seems fair.

He has 6 career starts and Cribbs was his 2nd WR when he was working the offense. He works with absolutely nothing. Anderson didn't even have that great of a stat game. Its just a ****** spot for any QB to succeed at.

Thecollegedropout
10-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Obviously I don't think we're gonna do anything but have a top 10 pick but I think DA has a better chance of becoming a legit NFL QB than Quinn and I think he's way further ahead in his progress and has better chemistry with our offense.
I'd like to hope Anderson is ahead of Quinn considering who has more career starts under their belt as well as having been with CLE longer and hence having more chemistry.

Brees was AWFUL in his early stages of his career but SD stuck with the guy and let him develop despite costing games. Aikman, Peyton all led their teams to very little wins in their 1st full season. Difference however is these teams stuck behind these guys and let them develop. Not to say Brady becomes anything like the 3 mentioned but he has what? 6 career starts. You can't expect him to suddenly light it up with a very mediocre team surrounding him.

Rosebud
10-06-2009, 02:04 AM
I'd like to hope Anderson is ahead of Quinn considering who has more career starts under their belt as well as having been with CLE longer and hence having more chemistry.

Brees was AWFUL in his early stages of his career but SD stuck with the guy and let him develop despite costing games. Aikman, Peyton all led their teams to very little wins in their 1st full season. Difference however is these teams stuck behind these guys and let them develop. Not to say Brady becomes anything like the 3 mentioned but he has what? 6 career starts. You can't expect him to suddenly light it up with a very mediocre team surrounding him.

NO, he is TEH SUKKK. CAPTAIN CHECKDOWN. <<<<<<<< DAzzzz can unleashz tehz drgnzzz

Gay Ork Wang
10-06-2009, 02:08 AM
how winslowbodden. thats called overreacting

PoopSandwich
10-07-2009, 01:40 AM
NO, he is TEH SUKKK. CAPTAIN CHECKDOWN. <<<<<<<< DAzzzz can unleashz tehz drgnzzz

and you sound like every quinn fan in ohio except the arrows are in the other direction, congratulations.

Rosebud
10-07-2009, 02:25 AM
and you sound like every quinn fan in ohio except the arrows are in the other direction, congratulations.

And yet when I leave the arrows the way I have them I sound like you.

Monomach
10-08-2009, 03:34 AM

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5690/1254990751.png

Gay Ork Wang
10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
it reminds me of the decision:

do you want

http://www.vitter.com/craigsmusings/cartoons/rex_grossman_0001.jpg

or

http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kyle-orton-stoned.jpg

CC.SD
10-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I support DA at WR.

awfullyquiet
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM

'better chemistry' is code for 'i have no idea what the hell is going on'.

unfortunately, you have... no weapons to have chemistry with.

aNYtitan
10-08-2009, 11:24 PM
'better chemistry' is code for 'i have no idea what the hell is going on'.

unfortunately, you have... no weapons to have chemistry with.

Exactly, last I recall your most dangerous weapon was a guy who is strictly a special teams star and on offense gets it direct snapped to him. Still don't know why you guys trade Winslow Jr. other then the whole probably doesn't mesh with the team.

MidwayMonster31
10-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Everything has to be done Mangini's way, with Mangini's handpicked guys. That's why he will never be a successful head coach in the NFL. He is too damn rigid, stubborn and constantly alienating his players/ staff to be a good NFL coach. Every other coach learns to adapt to what they have and slowly build the team in their image.
Compound all of this with the fact that every potential weapon they is now gone (except for the rookies, not sold on Massaquoi because of one game, inconsistency was one of his problems at Georgia) and the offense is ultra conservative, I would have a hard time seeing any young quarterback succeed there. To bench Quinn after 10 quarters says that Mangini never wanted him to be the starter the whole time.
However, all of this will be a moot point when Cleveland drafts another quarterback in April.

aNYtitan
10-09-2009, 12:05 AM
However, all of this will be a moot point when Cleveland drafts another quarterback in April.

And that will be considered one of the worse possible picks in that draft. Basically giving up on the local boy who never got an honest shot, and was thought to be the future. Mangini learned from a guy that picks his hand picked guys, and that guy learned from a guy who did the same thing. Its not going to change, I still think he is making a mistake with Quinn and I don't see how blowing it up again helps. But of course, the Browns ain't going anywhere any time soon, so they have time on their side. Though Mangini probably won't see the fruits of his labor

Monomach
10-09-2009, 12:13 AM
it reminds me of the decision:

http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kyle-orton-stoned.jpg

This guy gets so unfairly crapped on by everyone.

PoopSandwich
10-09-2009, 12:36 AM
people can say whatever they want but it's not going to change the fact that brady quinn got his chance to start opening the season fell flat on his face and derek anderson came in with the same supporting cast and constantly put together drives.

PoopSandwich
10-09-2009, 12:40 AM
And yet when I leave the arrows the way I have them I sound like you.

what because I think Quinn sucks?

I already said DA is average but I think he has upside, Quinn got his chance and sucked yet everyone on here seems to think he should be starting completely disregarding the fact that.

1.) Derek Anderson has a better arm
2.) Has better ACCURACY (BELIEVE IT OR NOT)
3.) Has better pocket presence
4.) Has more experience
5.) Throws the ball down field and makes more plays on a regular basis.

Yet you will all disregard this because this is a draft site and everyone has an obsession with first round draft picks and no one ever seems to want to give up on a guy even if the evidence is right there that he isn't good.

Raiderz4Life
10-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Least Brady Quinn has a hot sister....sorta

MetSox17
10-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Least Brady Quinn has a hot sister....sorta

And she bangs AJ Hawk, so that brings her down a couple of notches for me. Dude is UGLY.

vikes_28
10-09-2009, 12:33 PM
And she bangs AJ Hawk, so that brings her down a couple of notches for me. Dude is UGLY.

If i was a chick, I would bang a football player just for his money.

Gay Ork Wang
10-09-2009, 12:43 PM
This guy gets so unfairly crapped on by everyone.
im not, but its kinda the same situation.

DA is like Grossman, a risk taker, a strong arm, but it is a high risk reward kinda player.

Quinn is more like Orton, more of a checkdown, safe player although quinn needs a lot more playing experience as it is.

I like Orton. I liked him in Chicago, i like him in Denver.

nepg
10-09-2009, 12:51 PM

If i was a chick, I would bang a football player just for his money.

Lack of "no ****" is disturbing.

Rosebud
10-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Lack of "no ****" is disturbing.

Dude, you'd bang AJ Hawk, don't lie.

wordofi
10-09-2009, 02:29 PM

The problem with Russell is that he plays in Oakland. Put him on a team like the Patriots where they actually have "real" coaching, then he would be an excellent player.

49ers1984
10-09-2009, 02:47 PM
The problem with Russell is that he plays in Oakland. Put him on a team like the Patriots where they actually have "real" coaching, then he would be an excellent player.

So the fact that he is inaccurate and throws picks is his teams fault? I am sure he would be doing the same thing in New England. A bad qb is a bad qb no matter where he is.