PDA

View Full Version : Best Film of the 90's

Texico From Mexico
05-31-2006, 12:34 PM
What is the best film of the 90's

renegade17
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm having a hard time choosing between Braveheart, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan and Shawshank Redemption. They are all equal in my book.

Moses
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Goodfellas.

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/filmnotes/images3/goodfellas01.jpg

WMD
05-31-2006, 12:39 PM
http://officecom.qc.ca/Media-film/ImagesC/pulp_fiction,0.jpg

My second favorite movie of all time.

RyanLeaf#1
05-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Its close but I would have to say Shawshank Morgan Freeman is the man in that movie.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM

thule
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Shawshank Redemption was the first DVD I ever bought, back when DVD players were just hitting the floors. I would have to say that movie was inspiring, and never really got old. Thats my pick...Pulp Fiction wasn't bad...but not really a movie you could watch over and over again.

Hawk
05-31-2006, 12:45 PM
http://www.unc.edu/~clayphil/happygilmore.jpg

thule
05-31-2006, 12:47 PM
http://www.unc.edu/~clayphil/happygilmore.jpg

My all time favorite movie.

renegade17
05-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Billy Madison is slightly better.

Jimmy
05-31-2006, 12:48 PM
mock, yeah, ing yeah, bird, yeah

thule
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM

I'm a fan, but I get bored towards the end. Hard to sit through the whole thing for me. I think thats the difference between great movies and the best movies for me. I mean Happy Gilmore and Dumb and Dumber never get boring which is why they are in a class of their own. Whereas movies like Super Troopers and Billy Madison are just Great movies.

renegade17
05-31-2006, 12:50 PM

I'm a fan, but I get bored towards the end. Hard to sit through the whole thing for me. I think thats the difference between great movies and the best movies for me. I mean Happy Gilmore and Dumb and Dumber never get boring which is why they are in a class of their own. Whereas movies like Super Troopers and Billy Madison are just Great movies.

Billy Madison was good all the way through. :?

DChess
05-31-2006, 12:50 PM

my Favorite movie of all time

WMD
05-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Shawshank Redemption was the first DVD I ever bought, back when DVD players were just hitting the floors. I would have to say that movie was inspiring, and never really got old. Thats my pick...Pulp Fiction wasn't bad...but not really a movie you could watch over and over again.

What? yes it is, it's one of the most re-watchable movies ever! There's so many quotes and the plot is shuffled around, how could you not want to watch it over and over...

slightlyaraiderfan
05-31-2006, 12:54 PM

What? yes it is, it's one of the most re-watchable movies ever! There's so many quotes and the plot is shuffled around, how could you not want to watch it over and over...
I agree, it has been the only movie that I watch over and over. Well, I also rewatch Swingers, but that's it.

thule
05-31-2006, 12:55 PM

Well I wasn't an original Pulp Fictioner, which probaballly leads to my boredness at times. I watched it for the first time like 2 months ago. I thought it was really good. But I only saw the end. Well now every time I watch it I never make it to the end because I feel I already saw that part. And then the scene where he takes the girl to his friends house...I can't stand that lady yelling for 10 mins...it takes alot out of me

05-31-2006, 01:02 PM
http://www.dvduncut.com/images/fargo.jpg?osCsid=c1522884ee639e692db90baf1831e433

WMD
05-31-2006, 01:02 PM

Well I wasn't an original Pulp Fictioner, which probaballly leads to my boredness at times. I watched it for the first time like 2 months ago. I thought it was really good. But I only saw the end. Well now every time I watch it I never make it to the end because I feel I already saw that part. And then the scene where he takes the girl to his friends house...I can't stand that lady yelling for 10 mins...it takes alot out of me

Hah, yeah, she is pretty annoying.

drowe
05-31-2006, 01:13 PM
i voted for shawshank, but i had a really hard time voting against forrest gump.

Brodeur
05-31-2006, 02:05 PM
http://psicopag.galeon.com/truman3.jpg

Followed by Pulp Fiction, LA Confidential, T2, Dark City, Schindler's List, Toy Story, and 12 Monkeys.

snuff
05-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Mines is Se7en.

Followed by
Shawshank
Silence of the Lambs

Jags#7
05-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Carlitos Way

05-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Forest Gump should be dominating this poll.

Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
05-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Pi

Fight Club, 12 monkeys, Boondock Saints, Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction

05-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Pulp Fiction and Shawshank are the only two options offered that I liked immensely.

Scotty D
05-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Jurassic Park.

Nerv
05-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Dances With Wolves is my moms favorite movie, personally it bores me nearly to sleep. 3 hours with Kevin Costner talking to Indians, ick.

05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Jurassic Park.

Dodgson, we got Dodgson here. See no one cares.

dRaFtDoRk
05-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Tommy Boy-Holy Shnikies!!!

05-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Tommy Boy-Holy Shnikies!!!

Shut up Richard.

tom
05-31-2006, 03:57 PM
http://www.filmtotaal.nl/images/wallpapers/full/trainspotting/ts_1024.jpg

moc182
05-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Schindler's List.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-31-2006, 04:02 PM
http://www.itvmovieclub.com/itv/images/products/8/1388-large.jpg

New Jack City.

Boston
05-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Forrest Gump

MaxV
05-31-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.itvmovieclub.com/itv/images/products/8/1388-large.jpg

New Jack City.

That should've been a great movie but Ice T's acting, or lack there of, totally screwed it up for me.

05-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Pi

Fight Club, 12 monkeys, Boondock Saints, Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction

Add to this list Silence of the lambs.

P-L
05-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Shawshank by a hair over Pulp Fiction.

Vilma the Animal
05-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Ill say Shawshank...but honestly there are like 5 of my favorite movies of all time on that list. Pulp Fiction, Braveheart, Forest, and Saving Private Ryan (No war movie has ever come close to rivaling that IMO)...they were all incredible. The 90s really had some great movies, a lot of comedies which could be another poll, and then also a lot of my other top movies like: Green Mile, American Beauty, Sixth Sense, Matrix, etc. Good stuff.

05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Ill say Shawshank...but honestly there are like 5 of my favorite movies of all time on that list. Pulp Fiction, Braveheart, Forest, and Saving Private Ryan (No war movie has ever come close to rivaling that IMO)...they were all incredible. The 90s really had some great movies, a lot of comedies which could be another poll, and then also a lot of my other top movies like: Green Mile, American Beauty, Sixth Sense, Matrix, etc. Good stuff.

ewwww :x

Vilma the Animal
05-31-2006, 06:25 PM

Just the first one silly, I dont get how you cant like it. Truly revolutionary in its use of special effects...not like the stupid overuse now-a-days.

05-31-2006, 06:26 PM

Just the first one silly, I dont get how you cant like it. Truly revolutionary in its use of special effects...not like the stupid overuse now-a-days.

Watch Natural Born Killers and you'll relaize its less revolutionary.

Scotty D
05-31-2006, 06:36 PM

Natural Born Killers was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

05-31-2006, 06:37 PM

Natural Born Killers was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I don't like you anymore.

tom
05-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Nobody else thinks Trainspotting is a F**king amazing film??? I Can't Believe IT!

keylime_5
06-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Pulp Fiction is one of the 10 best movies ever. Samuel L. Jackson's performance as Jules was priceless. "ENGLISH MOTHER******, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?!"

06-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Pulp Fiction is one of the 10 best movies ever. Samuel L. Jackson's performance as Jules was priceless. "ENGLISH MOTHER******, DO YOU SPEAK IT!?!"

Royale with cheese.

keylime_5
06-01-2006, 07:05 PM
00s-Lord of the Rings
90s-Pulp Fiction
80s-Star Wars
70s-Godfather
60s-The Graduate/Dr. Strangelove (tie)
50s-On The Waterfront
40s-Casablanca

06-01-2006, 07:09 PM
00s-Lord of the Rings
90s-Pulp Fiction
80s-Star Wars
70s-Godfather
60s-The Graduate/Dr. Strangelove (tie)
50s-On The Waterfront
40s-Casablanca

ha no

00s - Memento
90s - Pi
80s - Blade Runner
70s - Taxo Driver

Vespasian
06-02-2006, 01:17 AM
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/matrix/matrix-poster05.jpg

iworshipbender
06-02-2006, 01:43 AM

my Favorite movie of all time

SkeetSkeet
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Run, Forest, Run
:)

diabsoule
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Shawshank Redemption by far. I like a lot of those other movies but everything in Shawshank is good. Plus, there are so many memorable lines.

thule
06-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Shawshank Redemption by far. I like a lot of those other movies but everything in Shawshank is good. Plus, there are so many memorable lines.

Boggs: Now, I'm gonna open my fly and you're gonna swallow what I give ya to swallow. And when you swallow mine you're gonna swallow Rooster's cause ya done broke his nose and I think he oughta have something to show for it.
Andy Dufresne: Anything you put in my mouth you're gonna lose.
Boggs: Naw, you don't understand. You do that and I'll put all eight inches of steel in your ear.