PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Wade!

ricowboy
09-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I have been outspoken on firing Wade since the end of last season. The Boys have an easy schedule leading up to the bye week. The should be 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. If Wade goes 2-3 or 1-4 does JJ fire him? I bet Wade gets canned this season. When is the only question. A slow start and the bye week would give JJ the chance to let Garrett prepare for the rest of the season. I think Wade gets fired after the KC game. Anyone else want to guess?

Brothgar
09-21-2009, 06:04 PM
I have been outspoken on firing Wade since the end of last season. The Boys have an easy schedule leading up to the bye week. The should be 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. If Wade goes 2-3 or 1-4 does JJ fire him? I bet Wade gets canned this season. When is the only question. A slow start and the bye week would give JJ the chance to let Garrett prepare for the rest of the season. I think Wade gets fired after the KC game. Anyone else want to guess?

Firing a HC mid season doesn't happen.

ricowboy
09-21-2009, 06:08 PM

I am betting JJ panics. JJ always likes to break new ground. It is a bold prediction.

brat316
09-21-2009, 06:10 PM

yes it does

D-Unit
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
It's easy to predict him getting fired if we do bad. I swear.. it must only be Cowboys fans who think like night and day after a win and a loss. There's no middle ground, no composure... just exuberance or groveling pain. No way this thread is made if we win yesterday. C'mon... the win or loss doesn't change who Wade is. Do I want him as my HC? No. I like him as our DC though. Can I live without him at both spots? Sure, so long as their is a better plan in place.

Let's put it this way. Nobody out there except Ron Rivera is really capable of keeping this defense in reasonable tact. Do I want him over Wade? Heck no... not as DC at least. Is he ready for a HC gig? I have my doubts there too. Jerry won't go with inexperience at HC... that's why he chose Wade over Singletary. Man, I wish we had Mike to this day.

If Wade isn't the coach, then the odds are most likely that Garrett would then become our HC. I think he's the only one in the world Jerry would bypass the whole "inexperience at HC" thing for. Garrett is his Golden Boy.

So let me ask you... Are you ready for Jason Garrett to be our HC? Because Cowher is not walking through that door midseason.

Brothgar
09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
yes it does

When was the last time a coach was fired prior to week 8? Maybe SF when Mike took over? But I don't remember too many coaches getting let go before week 8

Ward
09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
In my dreams we end up with Cowher (1a) or Shanahan (1b).

ricowboy
09-21-2009, 06:19 PM
It's easy to predict him getting fired if we do bad. I swear.. it must only be Cowboys fans who think like night and day after a win and a loss. There's no middle ground, no composure... just exuberance or groveling pain. No way this thread is made if we win yesterday. C'mon... the win or loss doesn't change who Wade is. Do I want him as my HC? No. I like him as our DC though. Can I live without him at both spots? Sure, so long as their is a better plan in place.

Let's put it this way. Nobody out there except Ron Rivera is really capable of keeping this defense in reasonable tact. Do I want him over Wade? Heck no... not as DC at least. Is he ready for a HC gig? I have my doubts there too. Jerry won't go with inexperience at HC... that's why he chose Wade over Singletary. Man, I wish we had Mike to this day.

If Wade isn't the coach, then the odds are most likely that Garrett would then become our HC. I think he's the only one in the world Jerry would bypass the whole "inexperience at HC" thing for. Garrett is his Golden Boy.

So let me ask you... Are you ready for Jason Garrett to be our HC? Because Cowher is not walking through that door midseason.

I can see with my own eyes and this team was not prepared to play TB and NY. Keeping Wade was a controversial decision at the end of the year. If Wade has a losing record it will be tough to keep him as HC. I am not in panic mode. Just being realistic. I can see Wade getting canned during the season. I may have him getting fired before he actually does. I did say it was a bold prediction.

D-Unit
09-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I can see with my own eyes and this team was not prepared to play TB and NY. Keeping Wade was a controversial decision at the end of the year. If Wade has a losing record it will be tough to keep him as HC. I am not in panic mode. Just being realistic. I can see Wade getting canned during the season. I may have him getting fired before he actually does. I did say it was a bold prediction.
Again... I say, huh? What's so bold about predicting him to be fired if we have a bad season? It's like predicting what 1 + 1 will be. Sheesh.

Bold would've been making this thread before yesterday. Today, you are just among the sheep.

Brothgar
09-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Again... I say, huh? What's so bold about predicting him to be fired if we have a bad season? It's like predicting what 1 + 1 will be. Sheesh.

Bold would've been making this thread before yesterday. Today, you are just among the sheep.

He is saying it will happen after week 5.

D-Unit
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
He is saying it will happen after week 5.
...and he wouldn't be here saying this before yesterday. That's why I said Cowboys fans are so night and day after every win/loss. This is very sheepish.

If we win the next 2 games, you won't see this thread pop up with him talking about Wade being fired after 5 games.

ricowboy
09-21-2009, 07:18 PM
...and he wouldn't be here saying this before yesterday. That's why I said Cowboys fans are so night and day after every win/loss. This is very sheepish.

If we win the next 2 games, you won't see this thread pop up with him talking about Wade being fired after 5 games.

If you read my post I have been saying fire Wade since the middle of last season. I am not sheepish. It is obvious to many of us that this team lacks direction and attention to detail. Sheepish is following a team without question. Believe me.....I live in New England and hear it all the time about how great the Pats are.

I have seen in two games the lack of discipline and preparation in this team. The talent can win you games, but will never win you championships. This is a talented team with HC in over his head. I thought 9-7 would be our record if Wade stayed on board. Now I am thinking Emmitt Smith is right with the 7-9 prediction.

If we win the next two games I will still stick to the firing of Wade. We beat TB because our talent eventually out played there lack of talent.

D-Unit Can't post that much due to the fact that I am working two jobs. I had a day off so I decided to share my thoughts.

Staubach12
09-21-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't like Wade as our head coach, but no one's getting fired mid-season and switching head coaches in a time like this would not make us a better team at all. That's my opinion.

D-Unit
09-21-2009, 07:34 PM
If you read my post I have been saying fire Wade since the middle of last season. I am not sheepish. It is obvious to many of us that this team lacks direction and attention to detail. Sheepish is following a team without question. Believe me.....I live in New England and hear it all the time about how great the Pats are.

I have seen in two games the lack of discipline and preparation in this team. The talent can win you games, but will never win you championships. This is a talented team with HC in over his head. I thought 9-7 would be our record if Wade stayed on board. Now I am thinking Emmitt Smith is right with the 7-9 prediction.

If we win the next two games I will still stick to the firing of Wade. We beat TB because our talent eventually out played there lack of talent.

D-Unit Can't post that much due to the fact that I am working two jobs. I had a day off so I decided to share my thoughts.
I don't care what team you are, you don't open the season looking like a fine oiled machine. Our Run D totally sucked in Week 1 and in Week 2 they most definitely looked like they came in with better discipline and preparation in that department. So I don't know what you're talking about. We lost last night on a last second FG. I mean geez. Talk about the sky is falling. The season is so young we could've started off at 0-4 or more and still have a chance at the playoffs. This is the NFL. It's a crazy unpredicatable world and I just think it's funny that people can convince themselvs of being right. Myself included sometimes.

But if you think Wade will be fired after Week 5 with a record of 3-2 or 4-1 then I have to say, that is bold... and borderline ridiculous.

dpl85
09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
It's pretty obvious that if/when we miss the playoffs the entire coaching staff will be overhauled.

E-Man
09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Why fire Wade in his last season on his contract? Especially after a close game with a division rival. If that ball never bounced off Witten's foot this conversation wouldn't be happening. D-Unit is right about everything he's posted in this thread. Only Garrett will get the inexperienced nod, and that would be after the season which is very far off if that happens at all. What if Wade ends up winning the Super Bowl? Then what? All this talk is way too early, and Jerry isn't dumb enough to fire a coach in midseason.

LizardState
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
I think the Cowboys will fire Phillips in midseason without a 2nd thought if they turn miserable performances in 2-3 consecutive games against inferior opponents. I'm basing that not on the 2 games this yr so much as Jerry Jones' psychology, his personality that I believe to be driven by his self image & that's about 75% hubris. He will can him in a heartbeat if he believes he has been personally embarrassed by the team.

The November schedule is a minefield IMO for Phillips' job security:

11/1 -- Seattle
11/8 -- @ Philly
11/15 -- @ GB Packers
11/22 -- Washington Skins
11/26 Thxgvg. -- Raiders

The whole country will be watching on Thxgvg. & the Raiders are an inferior team, if they lose then I think it's over for Phillips. That's guaranteed if previous losses put them on the brink of playoff contention & that game becomes a Must Win for Dallas to see a WC berth. Any way you slice it they have to win some tough games in October 1st.

I think Jones held on to Phillips b/c he did want to give him 2 full yrs., he knew he would take significant press heat if he did after only 1 yr of the Phillips regime with a yr left on his contract. His chosen successor was Fisher in Tennessee & Bud Adams locked him a yr. earlier I think after all the Jerry Jones speculation of poaching him. So that was a factor, then Shanahan became available in a big surprise firing at Denver & now we have all the speculation that he's an automatic Phillips replacement. It has magnified to include Cowher but that's not feasible, Cowher's personality would not allow him to ever work for Jones, let's get real here. I think Cowher is going back to his home in North Carolina & coach the Panthers of his alma mater, NC St.

herniateddisc
09-25-2009, 10:25 AM
End of Year. Yes.

ricowboy
10-04-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't care what team you are, you don't open the season looking like a fine oiled machine. Our Run D totally sucked in Week 1 and in Week 2 they most definitely looked like they came in with better discipline and preparation in that department. So I don't know what you're talking about. We lost last night on a last second FG. I mean geez. Talk about the sky is falling. The season is so young we could've started off at 0-4 or more and still have a chance at the playoffs. This is the NFL. It's a crazy unpredicatable world and I just think it's funny that people can convince themselvs of being right. Myself included sometimes.

But if you think Wade will be fired after Week 5 with a record of 3-2 or 4-1 then I have to say, that is bold... and borderline ridiculous.

You are wrong about opening the season not looking good.....Philly looked great! The Ravens and Jets looked good! You call me a sheep? I am questioning a coach that has a proven track record of not getting it done. I am not following the everything will be fine line like you. What will you say if we end up 7-9 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs? The truth is the boys have played 3 games and have looked bad in all three. We all agree that this is a talented team that is underachieving....Why? In the age of parity the only advantage you can have is a good front office and coaching staff. Our coaching staff is bad.....We have gotten away with two wins on talent alone. I would like to see this team really play a complete game.

LonghornsLegend
10-04-2009, 09:01 AM
As much as I like the idea of Bill Cowher, doesn't seem like he would be able to work with Jerry for some reason.

Now as far as our defense, I see what Rex Ryan has done with the Jets D, and I thought that's how we would look more often, and he turned that D around instantly. Wade's not our longterm coach, I just don't think his style fits what we need here.

We need more of a hard ass coach, I like the idea of Shanny, not so much Holmgren, Cowher I think is headed for Carolina which makes too much sense.

Let's see how Wade does this year though, I'm not expecting Super Bowl, but he's got to keep our Defense strong all year, and show he can make adjustments throughout the year...I don't love him, but firing him would only make the season that much worse.

Some of our fans need to learn to not be so knee jerk with the good and the bad.

ricowboy
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
After watching today we are in trouble! The talent level is better thant the performance!

Macarthur
10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Mid season probably won't happen.

Here's my wish list:

1. Fisher - I know he's under contract, but who knows if they keep going south.

2. Holmgren - Would be great for Romo and he's an authoritative coach. Would command respect.

I don't care for Shannahan. Can't really put my finger on it, but I just don't think he would be a good hire. Cowher isn't going to happen and frankly, I think Cowher is a little overrated.

brat316
10-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Jason Garrett anyone?

Brothgar
10-08-2009, 09:41 AM
What about bringing in Ron Rivera and Mike Martz? You have some Mike Martz guys. Just give him full control of the O and he'll be happy.

E-Man
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't mind Martz as a coordinator. The guy is very good at that. Rivera seems to have some mixed opinions. Some say he's good, but others say he's overrated. I'm not sure what to make of him.

D-Unit
10-08-2009, 12:48 PM
What about bringing in Ron Rivera and Mike Martz? You have some Mike Martz guys. Just give him full control of the O and he'll be happy.
Oddly... I'm not gonna laugh at that one right off the bat. Martz has won just as many SBs as Parcells, Shanny and Cowher (or did he just win 1?). His offense is explosive. Kitna already knows it. So he can further help mentor Tony. Roy knows it. Our OL is fine in it. No massive overhaul like a Shanny offense would command.

Rivera is one of the most highly respected DC's in the league and took over for Wade's 34 in San Diego and is running well with it.

I'm game.

E-Man
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Martz won one Super Bowl as the offensive coordinator of the Rams in 99, and he took them back to the Super Bowl as head coach in 2001. As a head coach he leaves something to be desired without a good defensive coordinator like Lovie Smith on the side, but it's clear that he's a damn good coordinator.

I'm glad you said that about Rivera D-Unit. If he can run Wade's and his own system well, then he'd be a good replacement. Maybe in a semi perfect world we'd have Billick as the head coach, Martz as the O coordinator, and Rivera as the D coordinator. I'd be stoked with that.

Brothgar
10-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm glad you said that about Rivera D-Unit. If he can run Wade's and his own system well, then he'd be a good replacement. Maybe in a semi perfect world we'd have Billick as the head coach, Martz as the O coordinator, and Rivera as the D coordinator. I'd be stoked with that.

There are a few problems here. In order to get Rivera he would have to be the HC (IIRC) I don't think his contract is up with San Diego yet. Rivera would also likely have to be cool with Martz who is hard to work with. IE being cool with Martz getting paid as much as he does and not doing anything with the offense. Its alot to ask for. Also Martz has to hire his position coaches we don't want what happened in Detroit to happen in Dallas.

Personally I think your best combo (assuming that Rivera isn't still on contract with San Diego is)

Marty Schottenheimer
Mike Martz
Ron Rivera

that is just my opinion.

Ward
10-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Pass on Martz. The guy has bombed in all his most recent attempts, what has he done lately to deserve our attention?

D-Unit
10-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Pass on Martz. The guy has bombed in all his most recent attempts, what has he done lately to deserve our attention?
He's definitely not the first choice. But I did entertain the thought.

ricowboy
10-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Nice to see you thinking about the potential coaching change D-Unit! I agree we should not leave any stone unturned. I would like to get a OC or DC that just wants to be an OC or DC. Also, I would love to get Shanahan......I think he would catapult this offense to new levels. If we get Shanahan, we will need a DC that just wants to be a DC.