PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: Cleveland @ Baltimore

coordinator0
09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
The 0-2 Browns come into Baltimore to face the 2-0 Ravens. Cleveland is coming off of a 21 point loss to the Broncos, while the Ravens escapes the jaws of defeat by yet another great play by Ray Lewis. So, the question is, who ya got?

I'm really not worried about this game whatsoever. Neither QB for the Browns scare me (and I do think that we will see both play Sunday), and our run defense looks as good as ever. I'm going to say at least a 10 point victory for the Ravens, and that might be a bit conservative.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-23-2009, 05:54 PM
The Browns IMO are the worst team in football right now, yes, I think Detroit is better. However, I know John Harbaugh will have the Ravens ready for the Browns, because remember, this is a divisional game and the Browns are gonna bring it. I think its gonna be a fun game for the Ravens offense as well as there defense, I wanna see em smash the piss outta those clowns and stay undefeated.

Lets go Ravens!!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-23-2009, 08:23 PM
For some reason I think it will be closer than anyone of us think. That said I do believe we will win this game.....

Ravens 31
Browns 17

I think it will be clsoe and then a TD within the final 3 minutes will put us up by 2 scores. I know when I look at these 2 teams I see a blowout Ravens win, but something about this game makes me feel like it will be close throughout.

coordinator0
09-23-2009, 08:42 PM
The Browns IMO are the worst team in football right now, yes, I think Detroit is better. However, I know John Harbaugh will have the Ravens ready for the Browns, because remember, this is a divisional game and the Browns are gonna bring it. I think its gonna be a fun game for the Ravens offense as well as there defense, I wanna see em smash the piss outta those clowns and stay undefeated.

Lets go Ravens!!

I agree with that. The whole Mangini situation in Cleveland just really makes me not like that team.

America
09-24-2009, 04:32 PM
trap game. Harbaugh has to keep the players focused. I think Ray will have them geared up for the division game regardless though. We could see more problems in pass D with Braylon, but I think we can rattle Quinn with pressure.

dcarey20
09-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Ravens 31
Browns 10

ccB
09-25-2009, 09:35 AM
I'll be at this game, first Ravens game I've been to in mucho years, needless to say I am ******* pumped!

mikedoobie
09-25-2009, 06:22 PM
gootta agree with ERU here we will win big but it will be a close game, like most division games.
Ravens 34
Browns 16

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-26-2009, 04:52 PM
anyone else think that the Ravens should sit Ed Reed, or atleast give him very limited playing time? His neck issue kinda came up again and he missed some practice this week, I think with such a terrible offense the Browns have, they can afford to have Haruki Nakamura in the game. Just keep Reed as an emergency option.

coordinator0
09-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I would give Reed some rest if his neck really is bothering him. Gaither might not be able to go tomorrow either, seems as if there's a case of the flu going about. In that situation Oher will slide over to the left side and Yanda will start at RT. Not really a cause for concern IMO.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I'll be quite surprised if Gaither doesn't play, I thought he looked fine during his interview. He said it himself that he'd play. Hopefully the Ravens aren't just sitting him cause they are taking the Browns for granted..

j05son
09-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Some info on Cleveland's side encase you haven't seen it yet...

Jamal Lewis, Phil Dawson, Rex Hadnot, Floyd Womack are all out for today's game. We picked up Billy Cundiff for some temp kicking work. With Lewis out, expect to see rookie James Davis with the bulk of the workload and Jerome Harrison as a change of pace. Cribbs will get multiple carries either from the wildcat or end-arounds. Our right side of the offensive line is utter ****, and both RG's are out so Fat Hank Fraley seems to be the logical choice [or Fat Hank at C and slide rookie Alex Mack over].

Anyways, good luck (I wish I could say you'll need it...)
=\

Also, Coordinator0, public polls > private polls. Not that it mattered this instance (12-0 landslide).

coordinator0
09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
This isn't really a private poll, I just put it in there for good measure. All I wanted was to get some discussion going on games :D. Anybody is allowed to vote, but I think I did put a time limit on it. Maybe that's why you couldn't vote (if that's what you're saying).

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Some info on Cleveland's side encase you haven't seen it yet...

Jamal Lewis, Phil Dawson, Rex Hadnot, Floyd Womack are all out for today's game. We picked up Billy Cundiff for some temp kicking work. With Lewis out, expect to see rookie James Davis with the bulk of the workload and Jerome Harrison as a change of pace. Cribbs will get multiple carries either from the wildcat or end-arounds. Our right side of the offensive line is utter ****, and both RG's are out so Fat Hank Fraley seems to be the logical choice [or Fat Hank at C and slide rookie Alex Mack over].

Anyways, good luck (I wish I could say you'll need it...)
=\

Also, Coordinator0, public polls > private polls. Not that it mattered this instance (12-0 landslide).
wow, most of there o-line is out. Hopefully Mattison's idiot ass realizes this and tries to blilz a bit more because our front 4 can't generate that much pressure on their own. He barely blitzed against San Diego and look what happened there, the secondary got torched and the game came down all the way to the 4th quarter. Hopefully that guy learns from his mistakes.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2009, 09:13 AM
This isn't really a private poll, I just put it in there for good measure. All I wanted was to get some discussion going on games :D. Anybody is allowed to vote, but I think I did put a time limit on it. Maybe that's why you couldn't vote (if that's what you're saying).

I think he means the poll where you can see who voted for what......not sure but I think thats what he means.

coordinator0
09-27-2009, 11:44 AM
I think he means the poll where you can see who voted for what......not sure but I think thats what he means.

Can you make a poll like that? I have no idea lol.

coordinator0
09-27-2009, 01:17 PM
20-0 at half. Flacco has 203 yards passing completing 18/23. McGahee with two more rushing TD's (6 on the year I believe, 7 with the receiving one.). Looks like we're going to beat the spread of 13.5.

j05son
09-27-2009, 02:05 PM

No, I was able to vote [I was 12th for Ravens]. Public means you can see who everyone votes for. There should be an option when you're making the poll.

coordinator0
09-27-2009, 02:15 PM
No, I was able to vote [I was 12th for Ravens]. Public means you can see who everyone votes for. There should be an option when you're making the poll.

I see. Next time I make a poll I'll look for that option.

dcarey20
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
This team is special.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
This team is special.

Lets calm down, its the Browns.

Excellent beatdown, lovin where we are now. However lets see what happens when we play a dam fine team on the road this week coming up.

If the friggin Packers would have handled their business at home last week we'd have a 2 game lead in the division.

coordinator0
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Excellent beatdown, lovin where we are now. However lets see what happens when we play a dam fine team on the road this week coming up.

If the friggin Packers would have handled their business at home last week we'd have a 2 game lead in the division.

Bengals don't look too bad right now. I'm excited for our next two games, the Patriots and the Bengals.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Bengals don't look too bad right now. I'm excited for our next two games, the Patriots and the Bengals.

Excited is not the word I would use, I would be excited to play the Browns 13 more times (no offense Browns fans). But to go into NE and then facing a confident Cincy squad, has me more worried than excited.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Excited is not the word I would use, I would be excited to play the Browns 13 more times (no offense Browns fans). But to go into NE and then facing a confident Cincy squad, has me more worried than excited.

Well how about Cincy playing a confident Baltimore squad? I mean we have put up so many points that I am not even worried about high scoring teams anymore. I can't wait for these next 2 games. We can avenge our loss to the Pats from a couple years ago and beat the **** out of a confident Cincy squad.

Ravens1991
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM

I agree w/ this post, I do think we are as good as any team in the NFL but we could end up 3-3 after these next 3 games.

Hines
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Well how about Cincy playing a confident Baltimore squad? I mean we have put up so many points that I am not even worried about high scoring teams anymore. I can't wait for these next 2 games. We can avenge our loss to the Pats from a couple years ago and beat the **** out of a confident Cincy squad.

Awesome. You put up points against a ****** Chiefs defense, a not so good defense anymore in the Chargers, and against the Browns. Awesome. I am going to give you credit because you guys have played well, but I am not going to say your offense is bona fide legit untill you actually play a good defense. I don't mean to start any trouble, but that is how I feel.

coordinator0
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Awesome. You put up points against a ****** Chiefs defense, a not so good defense anymore in the Chargers, and against the Browns. Awesome. I am going to give you credit because you guys have played well, but I am not going to say your offense is bona fide legit untill you actually play a good defense. I don't mean to start any trouble, but that is how I feel.

That is a legitimate point and one I would like to see answered as well. Unfortunately I'm not sure when we will face a "good" defense, the Patriots and Bengals defenses aren't top 10 material.

Hines
09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
That is a legitimate point and one I would like to see answered as well. Unfortunately I'm not sure when we will face a "good" defense, the Patriots and Bengals defenses aren't top 10 material.

No they are not, but I believe they are top 15 and very capable of stopping your offense and I feel it might be a long day for the Ravens on Sunday if Welker comes back. Brady won't stay struggling for long.

j05son
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
You guys shouldn't look past Cincy. They will be confident after a big win on the road against Cleveland.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-28-2009, 04:30 PM

Well our defense is bona fide legit and our offense is better then the Steelers. The Steelers lost to the Bears and the Bengals. The best team in the league should be able to beat at least one of those teams. You barely beat the Titans and lost to 2 average at best teams. We just proved that our offense is good and that our defense is rusty. I mean does anyone actually believe our defense is going to give up all those yards all the time??? Suggs missed all preseason and wasn't in shape. You can talk about the Chargers game but not every team has 2 6'5 receivers that can snatch the ball from any 5'11 guy. I mean if you go back to that game the receivers were well covered but the WR's made good plays. I know you Steelers fans aren't doing to well this season so far but the Ravens are legit and we are contenders and as long as you guys don't do what you did after the last superbowl you won you will find out in the playoffs this year.

ccB
09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
You are actually doing the opposite, you are giving us no credit. With each win you found a way to downplay our success. Of course the Chiefs and Browns are ****** teams, and we beat them like ****** teams should be beat. Don't fault us because we had two cupcake games in the first 3 games, we didn't make the schedule and we have everything to be happy about at this point in the season. You should know about beating bad teams, your only win was against a team thats currently 0-3 and you didn't even do it in a convincing manner (I am in noway saying the Titans are worse than the Browns or Chiefs, but lets call a spade a spade)

Our offense is fantastic so far this year and until someone stops us, we shouldn't be counted as anything other than legitimate. We have one of the best young O-Lines out there, a beastly running game, a competent young QB who will not lose games for us, and we are putting up 30 points a game. Don't discredit the offense until they give you a reason to discredit them, otherwise you will just come away looking like a bitter steeler fan who is poo pooing on our parade because your team is underachieving.

ccB
09-28-2009, 04:51 PM
You guys shouldn't look past Cincy. They will be confident after a big win on the road against Cleveland.

We shouldn't look past any game, when you look past a team or a game, you usually end up getting your ass handed to you. Cincy presents some legitimate problems for us. The Palmer to Ochocinco connection could present a big problem to our team if our DB's play more like they did in the first two games as opposed to how they played yesterday.

BmoreBlackByrdz
09-28-2009, 05:41 PM
You are actually doing the opposite, you are giving us no credit. With each win you found a way to downplay our success. Of course the Chiefs and Browns are ****** teams, and we beat them like ****** teams should be beat. Don't fault us because we had two cupcake games in the first 3 games, we didn't make the schedule and we have everything to be happy about at this point in the season. You should know about beating bad teams, your only win was against a team thats currently 0-3 and you didn't even do it in a convincing manner (I am in noway saying the Titans are worse than the Browns or Chiefs, but lets call a spade a spade)

Our offense is fantastic so far this year and until someone stops us, we shouldn't be counted as anything other than legitimate. We have one of the best young O-Lines out there, a beastly running game, a competent young QB who will not lose games for us, and we are putting up 30 points a game. Don't discredit the offense until they give you a reason to discredit them, otherwise you will just come away looking like a bitter steeler fan who is poo pooing on our parade because your team is underachieving.

lmaooo, hahahaha. totally agree here. If you really are a good football team, you should be dominating the bad teams, so far Baltimore has done that. +rep for the poo pooing hahahahaha. :D

Hines
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I should've worded myself better. I meant to say, I am not going to hand the Ravens a crown right now due to the teams you have played. Yes you did beat teams you were suppose to and the Steelers didn't, but I am not ready to hand the division to you guys after three games. All we know at this point is that the Steelers cannot put teams away right now. Should be an interesting rest of the season.

coordinator0
09-28-2009, 08:11 PM
No they are not, but I believe they are top 15 and very capable of stopping your offense and I feel it might be a long day for the Ravens on Sunday if Welker comes back. Brady won't stay struggling for long.

You say very capable... I say how so. Their pass-rush isn't what it used to be and they did lose Seymour, and IDC how good his replacement is he's not as good as he is. Their secondary doesn't strike any fear in me, nor should they. If we're going to lose this game, it's going to be in a shootout.

EdReedUnstoppable
09-28-2009, 11:39 PM
I agree w/ this post, I do think we are as good as any team in the NFL but we could end up 3-3 after these next 3 games.

Agreed, in fact it would not shock me at all if we were 3-3 after the next 3 games.

ccB
09-29-2009, 07:13 AM
You say very capable... I say how so. Their pass-rush isn't what it used to be and they did lose Seymour, and IDC how good his replacement is he's not as good as he is. Their secondary doesn't strike any fear in me, nor should they. If we're going to lose this game, it's going to be in a shootout.

To be honest, I am more worried about stopping their offense, more than I am worrying about them stopping ours. Brady to Moss/Welker could be a huge problem if we let Brady spend all day in the pocket. The good thing is neither Welker or Moss are as physical as say a Vincent Jackson, and that seems to be the type of WR we are having trouble covering so far this year. Should be a very interesting game.

Hines
09-29-2009, 07:20 AM

The Patriots just held a very, very good offense that I think is better than the Ravens to ten points. Although they lost, their defense did a very good job of containing the Jets offense as well, although they aren't that strong of a offensive team yet, and held a very potent(they have potential to be anyway) offense of the Bills. Their defense isn't flashy, but they get the job done. Losing Seymour is huge, but he has been on the decline. They have young players that will perform for them along that line. The only thing that is keeping the Patriots of being 3-0 is the fact that their offense has struggled, but I believe Brady will come around sooner than later and they get Welker back. I do not believe in the Ravens pass defense as of yet, even though they have one of the biggest playmakers in all of football in Ed Reed(who is on the decline may I add).

coordinator0
09-29-2009, 07:34 AM
The Patriots just held a very, very good offense that I think is better than the Ravens to ten points. Although they lost, their defense did a very good job of containing the Jets offense as well, although they aren't that strong of a offensive team yet, and held a very potent(they have potential to be anyway) offense of the Bills. Their defense isn't flashy, but they get the job done. Losing Seymour is huge, but he has been on the decline. They have young players that will perform for them along that line. The only thing that is keeping the Patriots of being 3-0 is the fact that their offense has struggled, but I believe Brady will come around sooner than later and they get Welker back. I do not believe in the Ravens pass defense as of yet, even though they have one of the biggest playmakers in all of football in Ed Reed(who is on the decline may I add).

Fair enough, you bring in some good points. As for the last part... Reed got off to a slow start last year as well and we all know what happened.

Hines
09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Fair enough, you bring in some good points. As for the last part... Reed got off to a slow start last year as well and we all know what happened.

I have no doubt in my mind Reed will heat up, but I don't think he will have numbers like last year, or in past years I may add.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-29-2009, 08:54 AM
HWJR you aren't speaking honestly. You know Reed is going to beast and you are just mad that we are doing good and your team is not. How is the Jets offense better than ours? What do they have that we don't???? I love how everyone is talking about our secondary because of one bad game. Just to throw something out there in the 2000 Ravens Superbowl season we gave up 300+ yard passing games twice and a 500yard passing game.

trkaline
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
If Reeds on the decline because of a slow start, then Polamalus injury prone. Look at last year how Reed just caught on fire in just a few games and jumped into contention for DPOY..so yeah, you can kill that noise now. Your going to discredit our offense/team based on the cupcake teams we played? I give the Steelers all the credit in the world for finding a way to lose to the Bears and Bengals..the fact is we are still 3-0, while we may not have been "challenged" yet we didn't lose to those cupcakes.. Blood is in the water in the AFC North, and we are primed to feed. The Pats aren't who they were right now, and we are better than we we were last time we played them when they were who they used to be. If we lost I wouldn't be shocked but I really like our odds going into Sunday.

Hines
09-29-2009, 09:58 AM
HWJR you aren't speaking honestly. You know Reed is going to beast and you are just mad that we are doing good and your team is not. How is the Jets offense better than ours? What do they have that we don't???? I love how everyone is talking about our secondary because of one bad game. Just to throw something out there in the 2000 Ravens Superbowl season we gave up 300+ yard passing games twice and a 500yard passing game.

I never said that the Jets offense was better than yours. I was simply implying that the Patriots defense wasn't as bad as that one person said. I never used the Jets and Ravens in the same sentence. Learn to read, mkay sweetie.

If Reeds on the decline because of a slow start, then Polamalus injury prone. Look at last year how Reed just caught on fire in just a few games and jumped into contention for DPOY..so yeah, you can kill that noise now. Your going to discredit our offense/team based on the cupcake teams we played? I give the Steelers all the credit in the world for finding a way to lose to the Bears and Bengals..the fact is we are still 3-0, while we may not have been "challenged" yet we didn't lose to those cupcakes.. Blood is in the water in the AFC North, and we are primed to feed. The Pats aren't who they were right now, and we are better than we we were last time we played them when they were who they used to be. If we lost I wouldn't be shocked but I really like our odds going into Sunday.

I know Troy is injury prone. He seems to be getting injured every year now. Last year and the year before that it was concussions and something else that escapes my mind. I just think Reed's injuries are going to come back in haunt him. Didn't he play through like 2 injuries last year? I also said that Reed will heat up, I just think that he won't put up the numbers he has been. Sorry for having an opinion.

trkaline
09-29-2009, 10:40 AM
You don't need to be sorry for having an opinion, just expect anothers opinion if one is given..

Hines
09-29-2009, 11:03 AM
You don't need to be sorry for having an opinion, just expect anothers opinion if one is given..

I am. But RWO is attacking me like I am wrong.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I am. But RWO is attacking me like I am wrong.

I did read your post wrong. I thought you were saying the Jets had a better offense than ours but you were talking about the falcons. The Falcons defense is no where near our defense and like someone else said Tom Brady is going to have more problems with our defense than Flacco will with theirs. The Pats will get very little pressure on Flacco and our running game is on point. I just don't see your reasoning behind Reeds decline. I mean yea he played through injuries but he still managed to have an incredible season last year. He is healthier this year and already has an interception. So to me you are wrong.

Hines
09-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I did read your post wrong. I thought you were saying the Jets had a better offense than ours but you were talking about the falcons. The Falcons defense is no where near our defense and like someone else said Tom Brady is going to have more problems with our defense than Flacco will with theirs. The Pats will get very little pressure on Flacco and our running game is on point. I just don't see your reasoning behind Reeds decline. I mean yea he played through injuries but he still managed to have an incredible season last year. He is healthier this year and already has an interception. So to me you are wrong.

I was refering to the Falcons, and I do agree that your defense is light years ahead of the Falcons. But the Patriots can score on anyone. I even think they could score points on their best day against some of the top defenses in the history of the NFL. Should be a good game.