PDA

View Full Version : Titans cause for Givens' career ending early?

PACKmanN
09-24-2009, 08:37 AM
I just read in a newspaper that he is suing the Titans, because the team's doctors didn't tell him he had an injury in his knee that caused him to end his career short.

TitanHope
09-24-2009, 03:05 PM
This has been posted in our team forums already.

Check there if ya wanna check out a link to the story and/or continue the discussion!

locseti
09-26-2009, 01:07 AM
I always wondered what happened to David givens, he was a stud with the pats.

killxswitch
10-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Very surprising. How could a doctor ethically or legally tell the team something but not tell Givens himself? That would have to be a HIPAA violation of some sort.

aNYtitan
10-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Says the Titans pressured him back into playing earlier. I really don't know what happened, sounds kind of serious, but if it were that bad, get a second opinion if you feel your career will be threatened. Don't realize this stuff after

killxswitch
10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Says the Titans pressured him back into playing earlier. I really don't know what happened, sounds kind of serious, but if it were that bad, get a second opinion if you feel your career will be threatened. Don't realize this stuff after

I think the point is that he didn't know and had no way of knowing that it was that bad. Players usually get a 2nd opinion when they get bad news, not good news.

I still don't understand how a doctor can get away with not telling a patient the news directly.