PDA

View Full Version : tjsunstein's Week 2 Power Rankings.

tjsunstein
09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
It's a little later in the week but better late than never.

Link to week one power rankings:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35406

1. New York Giants (2) - The most complete team in football right now. Eli is developing chemistry with his young WRs by the second. Steve Smith and Mario Manningham each with 10 receptions last week.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (1) - Despite the loss to Chicago and lack of a running game, I still have them as the second best team in football. They were in a position to win the game last week so I can't drop them too much with their track record.

3. Baltimore Ravens (8) - No doubt the hottest team in the NFL right now. The offense is clicking and the defense led by Ray Lewis stepped up when it mattered most.

4. Atlanta Falcons (4) - I'm giving them the same treatment that the AP is giving Penn State. I gave them a generous ranking to start the season and they haven't done anything to lose it. They play the Patriots in Foxboro and that will decide their true standing in the NFL.

5. Indianpolis Colts (7) - Despite not having their #2 reciever and having the ball for less than a quarter, the Peyton Mannings, err, Colts managed to pull it off. Just how good is Peyton?

6. Minnesota Vikings (10) - Is it true that Brett Favre can be a game manager? Well, I think anyone can be a game manager with Adrian Peterson behind you. The best back in the league by far. I'm a little skeptical that Peterson can maintain this throughout the season without getting a little banged out but as long as he is healthy, the Vikes are in good position.

7. New Orleans Saints (13) - Drews Brees and that Saints offense does it again. This time, against an impressive defense from a week ago. Drew Brees may be the most important player to his team in the NFL, maybe more so than Peterson and Peyton.

8. New England Patriots (3) - The Brady Bunch was taken down by the talkative Jets but I still have them above them simply because of what the Patriots are capable of. It's still early but with another unimpressive showing, the Patriots could drop a bit more.

9. New York Jets (14) - Rex Ryan continues to make a name for these Jets. They will blitz you and they will try to run it down your throat. The AFC East looks like a two horse race right now and the two frontrunners continue to talk back and forth. Should be interesting how the rookie QB leads his team for weeks to come.

10. San Diego Chargers (6) - I blame the loss on poor play call. Then again, the same play was a winner against the then tough Raiders. It's going to be tough to get over the loss at home against a potential playoff opponent.

11. Philadelphia Eagles (5) - Forget that McNabb wasn't in the gane last Sunday and Westbrook has a sprain on the same ankle he had surgery on this offseason. Where was the defense that looked so impressive week 1?

12. Chicago Bears (16) - Jay Cutler looked like a different quarterback against the Steelers leading his team to a victory capitalizing off of a missed FG. Good defensive showing without Mr. Urlacher.

13. Tennessee Titans (9) - That secondary has some serious question marks. Chris Johnson said he wanted more touches and he shows what he can do. I expect Johnson to become an even bigger piece of that offense until they can get something consistently going elsewhere.

14. Green Bay Packers (11) - Have you ever seen a team more effected by the play of their offensive line? Clifton out atleast two weeks and that mean 3 offensive lineman will have to shift along the front line. Antwan Odom dominated the left side a week after Ogunleye had his way on the opposite side.

15. Arizona Cardinals (17) - Warner bounced back with a record setting day. This season looks like it hinges on the health of the WRs. I have them on upset watch going into Indianapolis if they'e going to re-establish themselves early.

16. Dallas Cowboys (12) - The turnovers by Romo really fueled the Giants victory. They also let up too many critical receptions by the young duo at WR. Not to take any credit away from little Manning but the Cowboys are very prone to big plays.

17. San Francisco 49ers (21) - Shaun Hill doesn't get the credit he deserves outside of the home fans but it's time to recognize his success. He's now 9-3 as the starter. College quarterbacks are praised for their intangibles and winning ways, so why can't Shaun Hill get the same praise?

18. Houston Texans (18) - The Texans came out a different team than what they displayed againt the Jets. Houston had high expectations coming into the season and delivered against Tennessee. Yet, people are hesitant to jump back on the bandwagon. I'm counted with those that are hesitant.

19. Miami Dolphins (19) - Controlled the game for what seemed like 59 minutes but came out weak on what was supposed to be a two minute drill. Lack the big play threat that they need to complete this offense.

20. Buffalo Bills (22) - Edwards impressed me if no one else. The Bills have kept defenses off balance the last two weeks with a Trent Edwards led attack.

21. Oakland Raiders (23) - Overcame the huge disadvantage of having Jamarcus as QB and took advantage of some KC miscues to win a game they probably have shouldn't. That's why they play the game, though.

22. Seattle Seahawks (15) - Could be a repeat of last season if Matt Hasselbeck isn't better anytime soon.

23. Cincinnatti Bengals (30) - Pulled out a sloppy victory at Lambeau and Chad followed up on his leap promise. The question now becomes, Is this team for real or were they beneficiaries of an awful Packers O-line? Antwan Odom put up DPOY stats.

24. Carolina Panthers (26) - An embarrassing loss to the Eagles week one and a divisional loss following it. I can't find a bright spot about this team.

25. Washington Redskins (20) - A win is a win and they were blessed with the Lions the week after the Rams. Chris Cooley again looks like their biggest threat through the air. Campbell's stats aren't as bad as his play.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars (24) - About those playmakers...? Maurice Jones-Drew needs help all around him. He's making the most of nothing down there.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (25) - The offense looked very capable against the Cowboys but the defense was again owned this time by the Bills no huddle to the tune of 438 yards.

28. Denver Broncos (28) - The least impressive 2-0 team in the history of the NFL.

29. Kansas City Chiefs (27) - A young team that still has some maturing to do. Can't finish games. Evident by the loss to the Raiders and Ravens both coming off of 4th quarter meltdowns.

30. Cleveland Browns (29) - They aren't even in these games. Phycially, mentally, on the scoreboard, no where.

31. St. Louis Rams (31) - What is there to say about this team? The offense can't do anything.

32. Detroit Lions (32) - Beat someone!

YAYareaRB
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Nice movement by the Niners.

09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
No credit given to the Broncos? I'd say they're a top 20 team. A repeat performance of last season's record (8-8) is within sight, and so is a division title.

tjsunstein
09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
No credit given to the Broncos? I'd say they're a top 20 team. A repeat performance of last season's record (8-8) is within sight, and so is a division title.

I can't find it in me to rank the Broncos above any of the teams ranked higher. The highest I would go would be 26 I think. Depending on the nature of the game this weekend against your Raiders then we can determine where they should be but until they play (and beat) a team that didn't pick in the top 10 (or was supposed to [Browns before they traded their pick to the Jets]) a year ago, I can't give them much credit.

Ness
09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
The 49ers beat Arizona in their house yet you put them ahead of the 49ers. Why?

And Minnesota ahead of New Orleans?

tjsunstein
09-24-2009, 02:46 PM
The 49ers beat Arizona in their house yet you put them ahead of the 49ers. Why?

And Minnesota ahead of New Orleans?

It was week one and the Cardinals were without Breaston and Boldin wasn't even close to 100%. I also combined the expectations heading into this season with performance this far as well as potential. I still believe the Cardinals are a better football team than the 49ers 9 out of every 10 times out.

Keep the Saints offense off of the field and you can beat them. I feel like the Vikings are very capable of that and are much stronger on the defensive side of the ball. That became the deciding factor between those two, if they were to play, who do I think would win? They can be interchanged depending on who you ask.

MetSox17
09-24-2009, 02:46 PM
The most complete team in football allowed 250 yards rushing last week.

scottyboy
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM

they're also banged up, especially along the defensive line. thanks for playing though. we get it, you dislike the giants, cool.

that being said, we looked like crap and are injured all on D. It'll be interesting and while I love being at #1, I'm not sure we're the best at this point in time.

MetSox17
09-24-2009, 02:55 PM
they're also banged up, especially along the defensive line. thanks for playing though. we get it, you dislike the giants, cool.

that being said, we looked like crap and are injured all on D. It'll be interesting and while I love being at #1, I'm not sure we're the best at this point in time.

Lol why do you get all offended when i point something out? You were a last second FG away from losing, and like you said, your injuries are piling up. All that is taken into account, well at least for me, when right now someone is saying you're the most complete team in football. You aren't. You couldn't run the ball, and you got the run shoved down your throat.

Giants are in my top 5ish, but i'd take the Ravens #1 right now. It's kinda hard to argue against any other team at the moment when everyone looks good one week then loses the next. Jets would be in my top five though.

tjsunstein
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM

These are both true but of the teams that could be atop the list and crowned best team in the NFL right now, I think the Giants have the most fixable flaw. I'm not ready to give the Ravens the throne like ESPN and the Steelers loss knocks them down from the top spot although in my mind they are still elite as the Falcons have yet to convince anyone they should be up there, especially MetSox, and everyone from there down having some questionables.

Giantsfan1080
09-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I'd have the Falcons and Ravens ahead of the Giants right now.

MetSox17
09-24-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm still not sold on the Falcons, you're right. This week is gonna be my week of either jumping on the bandwagon or finally having some justifiable proof to show everyone that i was right. I'll gladly admit if i was wrong though.

If they can force the Patriots to back to back losses (some might even say their third straight), i'll make them one of my favorites in the NFC. I wanna see what that defense does when they finally meet a REAL offense.

scottyboy
09-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Lol why do you get all offended when i point something out? You were a last second FG away from losing, and like you said, your injuries are piling up. All that is taken into account, well at least for me, when right now someone is saying you're the most complete team in football. You aren't. You couldn't run the ball, and you got the run shoved down your throat.

Giants are in my top 5ish, but i'd take the Ravens #1 right now. It's kinda hard to argue against any other team at the moment when everyone looks good one week then loses the next. Jets would be in my top five though.

offended? it's the internet, i don't get offended over this ****, i was just pointing it out.

but i agree, Ravens are #1 right now.

BUT, I will say this, coming into the year, run O and run D were the Giants biggest strenghts. Now they're our weak points early in the season, which is fine, because I know they can get on track, and we're shaking off some rust and need to get into our rythym.

however losing Phillips makes me wanna cry so bad.

scottyboy
09-24-2009, 03:04 PM
These are both true but of the teams that could be atop the list and crowned best team in the NFL right now, I think the Giants have the most fixable flaw. I'm not ready to give the Ravens the throne like ESPN and the Steelers loss knocks them down from the top spot although in my mind they are still elite as the Falcons have yet to convince anyone they should be up there, especially MetSox, and everyone from there down having some questionables.

love the way you worded it, couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully our guys will heal up soon and we'll get our running game on both sides back to par, or even where we expected them to be, at dominant levels.

Diehard
09-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I can't find it in me to rank the Broncos above any of the teams ranked higher. The highest I would go would be 26 I think.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. There's no clear reason the Broncos should be ranked lower than the Raiders... other than the fact that bashing the Broncos has been a popular offseason pasttime.

Btw, I noticed you picked Cleveland to beat Denver, which speaks volumes about your perspective. Thankfully, we're not as badly off as you think / would like.

tjsunstein
09-24-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm still not sold on the Falcons, you're right. This week is gonna be my week of either jumping on the bandwagon or finally having some justifiable proof to show everyone that i was right. I'll gladly admit if i was wrong though.

If they can force the Patriots to back to back losses (some might even say their third straight), i'll make them one of my favorites in the NFC. I wanna see what that defense does when they finally meet a REAL offense.

Regarding the Falcons, I think if they even play a tough game against the Patriots then their ranking should be justified being the circumstances. A loss to a division rival on the road and now coming home, you would have to think that the Brady Bunch is going to put forth their best effort. The Patriots haven't lost back to back games since Week 9-10 of 2006. Of course the Falcons would drop a little lower in the top 10 but nothing drastic.

tjsunstein
09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
That doesn't make a lot of sense. There's no clear reason the Broncos should be ranked lower than the Raiders... other than the fact that bashing the Broncos has been a popular offseason pasttime.

Btw, I noticed you picked Cleveland to beat Denver, which speaks volumes about your perspective. Thankfully, we're not as badly off as you think / would like.

When comes the time, I'll bump the Broncos up. We'll see what the Broncos are made of when they play Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh in consecutive weeks. Why waste my time moving them up now when they're going to fall back down? I'm not one for knee jerk reactions especially a miracle to beat the Bengals and a win against the Browns. It's week 2. A lot is to be proven by this team.

awfullyquiet
09-24-2009, 03:33 PM

because you're banged up doesn't excuse your d giving up 250 yards.

bigbluedefense
09-24-2009, 03:40 PM
The Giants are in big trouble right now. The only reason why we still have a chance at a good season is bc we have great depth.

Phillips is on IR, our CB core is still banged up, Tuck will be missing for a couple of weeks at least, our DT rotation is banged up. We are ridiculously injured right now on defense.

I personally find the Ravens to be overrated but thats just me. They might have the best oline in football this year though.

scottyboy
09-24-2009, 03:44 PM
because you're banged up doesn't excuse your d giving up 250 yards.

when you're best run stuffing DT is banged up and coming off surgery, your other starter is out and your best run stuffing DE leaves early, and it's week 2, I'll cut them a little slack. It's inexcusable, but it has some reason behind it.

that being said, dallas has one of the better run blocking OL's in the league as well. a combo of this was not good.

bigbluedefense
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
our injuries effected us, but if you look back at the tape, it was really terrible gap discipline that cost us that many yards.

particularly from Osi. that was the worst game Ive seen Osi ever have.

He by himself, could be blamed for 3 long runs which accounted for a good 120 yards on the ground.

awfullyquiet
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
when you're best run stuffing DT is banged up and coming off surgery, your other starter is out and your best run stuffing DE leaves early, and it's week 2, I'll cut them a little slack. It's inexcusable, but it has some reason behind it.

that being said, dallas has one of the better run blocking OL's in the league as well. a combo of this was not good.

no excuses. but, they're just in luck facing: TB, KC, and Oakland.

scottyboy
09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
our injuries effected us, but if you look back at the tape, it was really terrible gap discipline that cost us that many yards.

particularly from Osi. that was the worst game Ive seen Osi ever have.

He by himself, could be blamed for 3 long runs which accounted for a good 120 yards on the ground.

indeed, so was Michael Johnson taking some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

and agreed aq, hooray for playing the AFC West and NFC South!

bigbluedefense
09-24-2009, 04:02 PM
indeed, so was Michael Johnson taking some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

and agreed aq, hooray for playing the AFC West and NFC South!

Johnson at SS makes me want to puke. Now with Kenny on IR though, he moves back to FS. So he shouldn't be as bad in run support bc he won't be in that box anymore.

Long term though, we need a replacement for him.

Ness
09-24-2009, 04:21 PM
It was week one and the Cardinals were without Breaston and Boldin wasn't even close to 100%. I also combined the expectations heading into this season with performance this far as well as potential. I still believe the Cardinals are a better football team than the 49ers 9 out of every 10 times out.

Keep the Saints offense off of the field and you can beat them. I feel like the Vikings are very capable of that and are much stronger on the defensive side of the ball. That became the deciding factor between those two, if they were to play, who do I think would win? They can be interchanged depending on who you ask.

I don't see what it has to do with what week it was. Arizona played like garbage and that's that. Not having Breaston or Boldin not being 100% isn't going to decide their season. Fitzgerald was held in check and Warner was getting harassed the entire day by our defensive line.

Who have the Vikings beat? Detroit and Cleveland, two of the worst teams (if not the worst) in the NFL. The Saints are coming off of a great victory in Philadelphia and Drew Brees is off to the best start in his career. Meanwhile their defense is playing a lot better in terms of getting turnovers. Darren Sharper was obviously a great addition.

vikes_28
09-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I think the 9ers should be higher.

yo123
09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't see what it has to do with what week it was. Arizona played like garbage and that's that. Not having Breaston or Boldin not being 100% isn't going to decide their season. Fitzgerald was held in check and Warner was getting harassed the entire day by our defensive line.

Who have the Vikings beat? Detroit and Cleveland, two of the worst teams (if not the worst) in the NFL. The Saints are coming off of a great victory in Philadelphia and Drew Brees is off to the best start in his career. Meanwhile their defense is playing a lot better in terms of getting turnovers. Darren Sharper was obviously a great addition.

I wouldn't be so sure about Sharper after two weeks. He was TERRIBLE towards the end of his stay here. I agree that the Saints should probably be higher, but lets hold off on saying the defense is improved until they play an NFL caliber team not led by Kevin Kolb.

P-L
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
I need to see more from the Colts before I rank them as high as everyone else is. They struggled to beat a poor Jacksonville team, at home, and then some how pulled out a win after being dominated by Miami.

ThePudge
09-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Cincinnati goes into Green Bay, plays sloppy, and still wins. However, they are 9 spots lower in your power rankings. Week Two is a bit too early to start calling fluke wins, so may I introduce to you the unfortunate likelihood, the Cincinnati Bengals are a better football team than the Green Bay Packers. They were certainly the better team on Sunday in which the Bengals outhustled, outran, and straight up out-worked the Packers team.

The Packers OL gets most of the heat, but what about their front seven which allowed 151 rushing yards to one of the league's worst running teams over the past few years, and managed only two sacks against an OL missing two of their projected starters and in flux. Greg Jennings was invisible and Rodgers to Driver was more of a late game thing as the Bengals shifted into more of a prevent defense (with 39 of his 99 yards coming in the last minute and a half). Despite that surge against the prevent defense (two drives totaling 94 yards), the Bengals were still able to outgain the Packers and win the football game (319-311). The loss could not be blamed on penalties, as the Bengals were the team that played more sloppily, committing 13 penalties totaling 100 yards.

I'm sorry, if the Bengals are not a good football team, then Green Bay is one of the league's worse. They were just 6-10 a year ago, their offensive line is one of the league worst, their running game is non-existent, their secondary is thin, and their front seven is still in transition to the 3-4 defense. Yet, they are the 14th best team in the league? They are better than the team that just came into Lambeau and beat them? Give it a rest... either you can side with some of the "experts" and acknowledge the Bengals as an up-and-coming team loaded with potential, or you can recognize the Packers as one of the league's worst 5-10 teams.

Timbathia
09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
The Broncos beat one sh*t team and one struggling team and go to number 28, while the Vikings beat two sh*t teams and go straight to number 6.

Can you feel the hate?

CC.SD
09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Trying to keep the homer contained, but it doesn't make sense to me that everyone is so high on the Ravens and so down on the Chargers when the game came down to the final drive, basically the final play, without a guy named Ladainian Tomlinson playing.

diabsoule
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm fine with where the Saints are ranked. I'm happy as long as we're in the top 10. This coming stretch is really going to prove where we stand with games at Buffalo and home stands against the Jets and Giants.

yodabear
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Lions >> Rams

Ravens1991
09-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Trying to keep the homer contained, but it doesn't make sense to me that everyone is so high on the Ravens and so down on the Chargers when the game came down to the final drive, basically the final play, without a guy named Ladainian Tomlinson playing.

I agree, the Chargers are a good team. And the Ravens still have a lot of improving to do. This isn't the Ravens defense of old

Diehard
09-24-2009, 06:08 PM

Your boys are all about playing it down to the wire. How many seconds were left in the game when Sproles scored that TD to go ahead vs Oakland? 20? That does present some challenges in terms of assigning a power ranking.

I agree about the Ravens - their improvement on offense has gotten plenty of attention, which to some extent masks the fact that their defense looks suspect against the pass.

CC.SD
09-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Your boys are all about playing it down to the wire. How many seconds were left in the game when Sproles scored that TD to go ahead vs Oakland? 20? That does present some challenges in terms of assigning a power ranking.

It's been two weeks...are the Packers and Titans all about going 0-16? It's too early for sweeping statements IMO.

tjsunstein
09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
It's been two weeks...are the Packers and Titans all about going 0-16? It's too early for sweeping statements IMO.

Hey, hey, hey. We beat the Bears! ;) 1-1 buddy.

Diehard
09-24-2009, 06:41 PM

Who's making sweeping statements? You had 2 very close games against teams which are, at the moment, perceived to be of quite different quality.

If the Raiders had made the stop against Sproles and Lewis instead wiffed on the tackle, would it significantly change your assessment of the team? IMO, it shouldn't, yet I suspect it would have a very detectable effect on the power rankings out there.

CC.SD
09-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey, hey, hey. We beat the Bears! ;) 1-1 buddy.

You're right :D bad example, but it was an exaggeration anyway.

Taking something that occurred in week 1 and 2 and extrapolating it over a 16 game season=sweeping. 2 points=line, not pattern. It might bear out, but who knows? Chargers could get blown out in the next 14 games.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-24-2009, 07:19 PM
You're right :D bad example, but it was an exaggeration anyway.

Taking something that occurred in week 1 and 2 and extrapolating it over a 16 game season=sweeping. 2 points=line, not pattern. It might bear out, but who knows? Chargers could get blown out in the next 14 games.

We can hope.

CC.SD
09-24-2009, 07:23 PM
We can hope.

No joke. I'm kind of coming around to the idea that this weak ass division is keeping Norv Turner around and it's not fun. SB or bust.

the decider13
09-24-2009, 07:29 PM
The lack of respect for the Broncos is sickening. They are not a top team, but no way in hell are they are bottom 5 team.

awfullyquiet
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
The lack of respect for the Broncos is sickening. They are not a top team, but no way in hell are they are bottom 5 team.

we do not care about your opinion.

bigbluedefense
09-24-2009, 09:48 PM

ouch........

09-24-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't think Denver is bottom 5, but I don't think we're top 20 either. Maybe fringe. I don't think we'll beat a good team this year. If we had an even half competent QB, we could talk about maybe 9 or 10 wins, but Kyle Orton is holding this team back.

the decider13
09-24-2009, 10:09 PM

Oh no...I totally won't post my opinion now. Thank you for informing me.

StripedWalrus
09-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Cincinnati goes into Green Bay, plays sloppy, and still wins. However, they are 9 spots lower in your power rankings. Week Two is a bit too early to start calling fluke wins, so may I introduce to you the unfortunate likelihood, the Cincinnati Bengals are a better football team than the Green Bay Packers. They were certainly the better team on Sunday in which the Bengals outhustled, outran, and straight up out-worked the Packers team.

The Packers OL gets most of the heat, but what about their front seven which allowed 151 rushing yards to one of the league's worst running teams over the past few years, and managed only two sacks against an OL missing two of their projected starters and in flux. Greg Jennings was invisible and Rodgers to Driver was more of a late game thing as the Bengals shifted into more of a prevent defense (with 39 of his 99 yards coming in the last minute and a half). Despite that surge against the prevent defense (two drives totaling 94 yards), the Bengals were still able to outgain the Packers and win the football game (319-311). The loss could not be blamed on penalties, as the Bengals were the team that played more sloppily, committing 13 penalties totaling 100 yards.

I'm sorry, if the Bengals are not a good football team, then Green Bay is one of the league's worse. They were just 6-10 a year ago, their offensive line is one of the league worst, their running game is non-existent, their secondary is thin, and their front seven is still in transition to the 3-4 defense. Yet, they are the 14th best team in the league? They are better than the team that just came into Lambeau and beat them? Give it a rest... either you can side with some of the "experts" and acknowledge the Bengals as an up-and-coming team loaded with potential, or you can recognize the Packers as one of the league's worst 5-10 teams.

This is a very insightful post that I fear will be cast aside and ignored. But I will give you the much deserved attention that you will not get! THank you for this post Pudge!

msolimani
09-24-2009, 11:02 PM
How are the Jets behind New England? The Pats clearly aren't hitting on all cylinders on O(or maybe the Jets D is just that good) and their D is trying to find it's identity while Mayo recovers. We also just beat them down and are yet to give up a TD on defense this year.

awfullyquiet
09-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh no...I totally won't post my opinion now. Thank you for informing me.

Your 2-0 is just as good as Tennessee's 0-2. Bottom 10 team, at best is no worse than the seahawks, jags, or bungles. at worst, the team is right above the browns, the rams and the lions.

Wait. THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE!?

NO WAY.

Now, on the other hand. Tennessee is WAY too high. WAAAAY too high, mostly because their 'pro bowl' secondary is a bunch of ****. Without the same type of pressure, mostly provided by the ineptitude of Chuck Cecil (again), this problem is equal parts overrating the talent and poor playcalling.

09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Where would you guys place Denver now? 3-0, Cincinatti has beaten two legit teams in the past two weeks(yeah we got lucky to beat them, but we controlled the game until the last drive proving at worst, we can hang with the team that beat PIT and GB), Oakland looked competitive against San Diego and we rolled them. I think the 15-20 range is a good spot as of now.

P-L
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Where would you guys place Denver now? 3-0, Cincinatti has beaten two legit teams in the past two weeks(yeah we got lucky to beat them, but we controlled the game until the last drive proving at worst, we can hang with the team that beat PIT and GB), Oakland looked competitive against San Diego and we rolled them. I think the 15-20 range is a good spot as of now.

29. Denver Broncos
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Cleveland Browns

Bengalsrocket
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
29. Denver Broncos
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Cleveland Browns

Rofl, every team that loses to the Broncos should go below them, and that's how they climb to the top of the power rankings.

Despite my team being one of the losses to Denver (:() I support this!

09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Lol, Denver 16-0, 20th in the weekly power rankings.

Timbathia
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
In breaking news, Seattle fans momentarily shattered as they realize that their "guaranteed" top 5 pick in the draft trade from Denver is actually going to be a mid-first round pick.

Then the elation returns when they realize that their own team is bad enough to get them a top 5 pick anyway.

In a related story, 2 out of every 3 posters at draftcountdown.com still put the Broncos in the bottom 3 NFL teams as they havent beaten anyone good yet (the other "1" poster still thinks McDaniels is a moron and the worst NFL coach in history).

awfullyquiet
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Lol, Denver 16-0, 20th in the weekly power rankings.

chris, you can't do math.

you'd be 16th in the power rankings.

dabears10
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM

Plays divison teams twice.

JRTPlaya21
09-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Hmm wonder how far we are going to drop in the next edition of the diehard Packers fans power rankings.

09-27-2009, 06:47 PM

Yeah I was gonna say 16th, but I remembered we play the rest of the AFC Best twice. Which means I still can't do math, but whatevs.

awfullyquiet
09-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Plays divison teams twice.

... that'd be minus six.

touche.

12 different teams.

little slow.

Bengalsrocket
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
... that'd be minus six.

touche.

12 different teams.

little slow.

Wouldn't it be 13 different teams? 3 in your division, then 10 other teams?

Hines
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Sad/funny thing is, I think the Steelers will still be in the top 15.

tjsunstein
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
We'll see. This week has definitely shaken things up.

soybean
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
13. Tennessee Titans (9) - That secondary has some serious question marks. Chris Johnson said he wanted more touches and he shows what he can do. I expect Johnson to become an even bigger piece of that offense until they can get something consistently going elsewhere.

welcome back to the starting lineup, Mr. Young.

MetSox17
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Very impressed with the Bungles. They took it to the Steelers and they popped them right in the mouth. Having them in the bottom five of the NFL is pretty stupid.

Timbathia
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Very impressed with the Bungles. They took it to the Steelers and they popped them right in the mouth. Having them in the bottom five of the NFL is pretty stupid.

They lost to Denver. If the Broncos are bottom 5, then the Bengals have to be as well. Dont argue, it is just the way the world works.

MetSox17
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
They lost to Denver. If the Broncos are bottom 5, then the Bengals have to be as well. Dont argue, it is just the way the world works.

Well don't generalize me with all the people that think the Broncos are much of anything. I've seen the Bengals play twice already, and they're legit. Palmer is looking really good and comfortable again.

Timbathia
09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Well don't generalize me with all the people that think the Broncos are much of anything. I've seen the Bengals play twice already, and they're legit. Palmer is looking really good and comfortable again.

I agree with you. The Bengals def is actually damn good too. Odom is the defensive MVP right now.

yodabear
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
St. Louis will get their rightful place at #32!!!! Even though Cleveland has looked awful too, but they lost three teams with a combined record of 9-0, the Rams opponets are now 4-5, #1 pick right now!

no bare feet
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Even though the Steelers are 1-2, would people still rank them in the top 12?

awfullyquiet
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM

I'd put them in the top half. between 13-16 now. I'm sure they'll vault back up eventually, but, based on today, they don't look good.

ThePudge
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Tough question. Personally, I think I would have a very hard time putting the Steelers any lower than 14. Right now, in the AFC I would rank the Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, and Colts all above the Pittsburgh Steelers. I would also consider the Chargers there. Among NFC teams, I would rank the Saints, Giants, Vikings, and possibly Eagles/Falcons above Pittsburgh. For now I would say somewhere between 9 and 12 sounds appropriate to me.

P-L
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM
The Steelers don't look like a playoff team as of right now. I wouldn't put them in the top 6 of the AFC, that's for sure. Their only win (needing overtime to beat Tennessee at home) looks a lot less impressive after Tennessee has started 0-3. However, I'm sure they'll climb back up sooner rather than later.

Bengals78
09-28-2009, 11:19 AM

Didn't stop people from ranking the Packers ahead of the Bengals last week.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
So, with the way the Saints D showed they can win a game when the offense can't, can the Saints move up even further?

tjsunstein
09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
A LOT of teams will move drastically this week compared to the last two. Previously, I was concerned about a knee jerk type reaction and played it conservative as the first two weeks can be tricky in terms of deciphering a team's true standing but week 3 is when the shape of the NFL seasons starts to get true form. We'll see the Steelers drop and some teams move more than 7 slots up or down. Should be interesting to see some reactions.

no bare feet
09-28-2009, 12:24 PM
The best overall team right now is the Ravens.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-28-2009, 12:35 PM
The best overall team right now is the Ravens.

Hard to dispute this.

I really think the Saints are a legit top 3 after this week and might be top 2 if we can control the Jets who i think have the best D in the NFL.

no bare feet
09-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Hard to dispute this.

I really think the Saints are a legit top 3 after this week and might be top 2 if we can control the Jets who i think have the best D in the NFL.

Right now I would say the Saints, Jets and Ravens are the top 3. I like the Colts a lot even though the D is average at best and so is the running game, but thye have the best field general who just knows how to win in the regular season. They also have PIERRE GARCON! Giants are up there as well. Another team I thnk is near the top is the Vikings. Then from there I would say 6-9 teams are interchangible.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-28-2009, 12:48 PM
what about Pierre Thomas? over a hundred yards rushing in the second half!

katnip
09-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Jets should be top 5 after week 3.

P-L
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
29. Denver Broncos
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Cleveland Browns
Correction.

28. Denver Broncos
29. Dallas Cowboys
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Cleveland Browns

Shiver
10-06-2009, 03:16 AM
1. Minnesota Vikings - They have no real flaws, when healthy they are the best team.

2. Indianapolis Colts - When they get Bob Sanders back, look out!

3. New Orleans Saints - Defense has been better than I imagined, Pierre Thomas gives their offense real balance.

4. New York Giants - They have had a terrible streak of injuries or I would have them higher. I am amazed at how Steve Smith has performed so far, Plaxico who?

5. New England Patriots - I think they will hit their stride sooner rather than later; once Mayo comes back that defense will be legit and the offense will only improve as Brady does.

6. Baltimore Ravens
7. Denver Broncos
8. San Francisco 49ers
9. Pittsburgh Steelers
10. New York Jets
11. Cincinnati Bengals
12. Chicago Bears
13. Philadelphia Eagles
14. Atlanta Falcons
15. San Diego Chargers
16. Green Bay Packers
17. Arizona Cardinals
18. Jacksonville Jaguars
19. Houston Texans
20. Dallas Cowboys
21. Miami Dolphins
22. Tennessee Titans
23. Washington Redskins
24. Seattle Seahawks
25. Detroit Lions
26. Carolina Panthers
27. Buffalo Bills
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
29. Cleveland Browns
30. Oakland Raiders
31. Kansas City Chiefs
32. St Louis Rams

Saints 4 Lyfe
10-06-2009, 10:40 AM
1. Minnesota Vikings - They have no real flaws, when healthy they are the best team.

2. Indianapolis Colts - When they get Bob Sanders back, look out!

3. New Orleans Saints - Defense has been better than I imagined, Pierre Thomas gives their offense real balance.

4. New York Giants - They have had a terrible streak of injuries or I would have them higher. I am amazed at how Steve Smith has performed so far, Plaxico who?

5. New England Patriots - I think they will hit their stride sooner rather than later; once Mayo comes back that defense will be legit and the offense will only improve as Brady does.

6. Baltimore Ravens
7. Denver Broncos
8. San Francisco 49ers
9. Pittsburgh Steelers
10. New York Jets
11. Cincinnati Bengals
12. Chicago Bears
13. Philadelphia Eagles
14. Atlanta Falcons
15. San Diego Chargers
16. Green Bay Packers
17. Arizona Cardinals
18. Jacksonville Jaguars
19. Houston Texans
20. Dallas Cowboys
21. Miami Dolphins
22. Tennessee Titans
23. Washington Redskins
24. Seattle Seahawks
25. Detroit Lions
26. Carolina Panthers
27. Buffalo Bills
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
29. Cleveland Browns
30. Oakland Raiders
31. Kansas City Chiefs
32. St Louis Rams

at this point, on any given day, the top 3 are all interchangeable imo.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Injuries are killing the Giants. If we didn't have our depth, we'd be so screwed.

But now with Eli being hurt, he's the one guy we couldn't afford to get hurt. So now we're in trouble if he has a dropoff in production. Eli carries our offense.

When healthy, I'll put our team up against any in the league in terms of overall talent. But we haven't been healthy all season and never will be with the loss of Kenny Phillips.

Saints 4 Lyfe
10-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Injuries are killing the Giants. If we didn't have our depth, we'd be so screwed.

But now with Eli being hurt, he's the one guy we couldn't afford to get hurt. So now we're in trouble if he has a dropoff in production. Eli carries our offense.

When healthy, I'll put our team up against any in the league in terms of overall talent. But we haven't been healthy all season and never will be with the loss of Kenny Phillips.

I expect Eli not to miss a drop.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I expect Eli not to miss a drop.

i think he'll have a dropoff in production, now the question is how much. you get your power from your legs, if he can't plant the way he used to, he'll start throwing inaccurately.

the guy has been lights out for us so far, but I expect that to change a bit. he is one tough cookie though, so we'll see.

i think he should play against Oakland, work out the kinks against a lesser opponent so he'll know what he can and can't do when we play NO the following week.

I also expect teams to blitz us like hell and test out his mechanics and foot a bit.

Saints 4 Lyfe
10-06-2009, 11:01 AM
i think he'll have a dropoff in production, now the question is how much. you get your power from your legs, if he can't plant the way he used to, he'll start throwing inaccurately.

the guy has been lights out for us so far, but I expect that to change a bit. he is one tough cookie though, so we'll see.

i think he should play against Oakland, work out the kinks against a lesser opponent so he'll know what he can and can't do when we play NO the following week.

I also expect teams to blitz us like hell and test out his mechanics and foot a bit.is it his right or left foot? if it's his left foot i wouldn't expect too much. if it's right foot..you may be right..

bigbluedefense
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
is it his right or left foot? if it's his left foot i wouldn't expect too much. if it's right foot..you may be right..

right foot.

i think it doesn't matter to be honest, both are a big deal. you plant with your right foot, but when you release, you put your weight on your left foot. both feet play a huge role.

10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I donate my right foot to the cause.

awfullyquiet
10-06-2009, 10:09 PM
right foot.

i think it doesn't matter to be honest, both are a big deal. you plant with your right foot, but when you release, you put your weight on your left foot. both feet play a huge role.

I heard it was on the outside of his right foot, which would hurt his dropback and mobility but less the power and accuracy (LOL).

Push off the inside of your foot, not the outside.

10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Correction.

28. Denver Broncos
29. Dallas Cowboys
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Cleveland Browns

Child please, those rankings are ridiculous. The Bengals are better than Dallas.

10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Correction.

28. Denver Broncos
29. Dallas Cowboys
30. Cincinnati Bengals
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Cleveland Browns

27. Denver Broncos
28. New England Patriots
29. Cincinatti Bengals
30. Dallas Cowboys