PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Offer Refund, World’s Worst Excuse

NY+Giants=NYG
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Interesting article. I noticed a lot of people outside of the stadium during the game. Apparently they were counted as attendence as well.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Cowboys-Offer-Refund-Worlds-Worst-Excuse-61117242.html

party passes
Cowboys Offer Refund, World’s Worst Excuse

Print Email Share Buzz up! TWITTER FACEBOOK
Cowboys Offer Refund, World’s Worst Excuse
Getty Images

Meet Mike. Mike bought a Party Pass to Sunday Night’s game. And, like many other fans who did likewise that evening, Mike was less than thrilled with the experience. So Mike wrote to the Cowboys to complain, firmly but politely. And lo and behold, the team wrote him back and offered him an apology and a full refund.

Hi Michael,

I sincerely apologize for the problematic experience you and your family endured on Sunday. In order to help make the situation right, we can offer you a refund or comp party passes to another game this season.

If you would like a refund, Ticketmaster will issue the refund for your party pass purchase. Please contact them at 1-800-653-8000. We have communicated with Ticketmaster, and they are aware of the refund process for this event.

A classy, compassionate response from the Cowboys. They said they were sorry, and offered Mike his money back. Surely, that took the sting out of what Mike and his family went through on Sunday Night, with the lack of bathroom access and inability to actually walk inside the stadium and what not.

If only the letter had ended there, I think we could all agree that this little Party Pass fiasco was ready to be a memory. But the letter goes on, and this is where it gets a little odd. Mike bolded the sentence he found most curious:

If it helps at all, the only reason so many party passes were sold for Sunday's game was to break the attendance record. I can assure you that only 1/3 of that amount of party passes will be sold for each game going forward...10,000 max instead of 30,000. That was a one-time deal for the grand opening of the stadium.

Sincerely, Dallas Cowboys Football Club

“If it’s any consolation, we were just using you!” I think it’s great the Cowboys made amends to Mike so quickly, and gave him easy instructions for how to get his money back. But that bolded sentence above told Mike three things.

1) The Cowboys KNEW they were selling too many Party Passes for that evening, and that problems were going to occur. 2) The Cowboys decided to oversell them anyway, for the sole purpose of breaking a record only Jerry Jones could possibly give a crap about. 3) They happily admit it, and assume you’ll accept this as a solid reason for hosing you.

Again, Mike got his money back. So no harm, no foul. Still, it leaves a bad taste to know the Cowboys were all too willing to allow 20,000 more fans into the joint than is really comfortable, just to help boost the Double J’s already healthy ego. If you bought a Party Pass and weren’t happy with your night, by all means write the team here and get your refund. And tell them that purposefully screwing 20,000 people is only acceptable if you’re Gene Simmons.

The Unseen
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
So really only 90,000 fans?

ha
ha
ha

vikes_28
09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
lolz. Dallas ripping people off. Everything is bigger in texas.

BlindSite
09-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Wow, what a douche bag move. This really annoys me the more I think about it, teams should do everything they can for their fans.

09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
'Jerruh' is full of himself. I'm not surprised.

vidae
09-25-2009, 01:52 AM
The Double J gets what he wants!

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 02:05 AM
People can question Jerry's football moves, but his business moves are unquestionable. The guy knows how to make money... and plenty of it.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-25-2009, 07:17 AM
People can question Jerry's football moves, but his business moves are unquestionable. The guy knows how to make money... and plenty of it.

No one questions his ability to make money. All these billionares got where they are in life, because of their ability to make money and invest properly. The issue is business ethics. As a former business student, that's something they teach from day 1 in business school. Is it worth setting an attendence record at the cost of shafting your own customers? Does that seem ethical to you? For a guy whose ego is the size of the new stadium, where does it stop? What is the next big event where they will screw you guys just to make himself look good? These are the things that make the other NFL fans hate the cowboys and Jerry himself.

On the one hand you got Jerry screwing you, and on the other isn't Synderbrenner taking some of the redskins fans to court?

brat316
09-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Say if I write a letter...will I get a refund even though I did not buy or go to the game?

brat316
09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
no. and because i need ten characters, reading the OP is typically helpful in answering questions like this.

it mentions nothing about these 10 characters.

FlyingElvis
09-25-2009, 11:36 AM
WTF? What dumbass made the decision to actually write down it was solely to set an attendance record? Somebody in the media department will be getting the ax.

OT - the model at the bottom of the linked page is disgusting. Why the **** does the modeling world think emaciated is attractive?

Borat
09-25-2009, 12:23 PM
OT - the model at the bottom of the linked page is disgusting. Why the **** does the modeling world think emaciated is attractive?

She's hawt. Needs a boob-job though.

MasterShake
09-25-2009, 12:36 PM

How deep does your homerism run, when in a thread describing your team treating your fellow fans like absolute trash, you pipe up to sing the praises of the guy who would have hosed you as quickly as the other fans he just did.

I agree Jerry Jones is a good business man, thats obvious...he's a billionaire. But jeebus, this is not the place for that. This thread should be nothing but disgust for this move....because it is disgusting.

Brent
09-25-2009, 12:41 PM
they may get their tickets back but they dont get their $80 parking back or their ******* time wasted, or the stress they had to deal with in order to get there. what a ******* shame.

DMWSackMachine
09-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Yes....but why do you think all those party passes were sold in the first place? So people could say, "Son, let me tell you about the first game in Cowboys stadium." Someone mentioned that only Jerry would care about that record. Well, who the hell cares if you were at the first game in the stadiums history besides you?

It was obviously a PR gaffe on the part of whoever was dumb enough to write that last part of the letter, but I don't feel the least bit sorry for any of those people. I don't see what the big deal is.

MetSox17
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Like FlyingElvis said, there's no reason to add that extra paragraph in the letter. What morons. Someone needs to get fired, ASAP.

It was a douchey move, no doubt, but they didn't have to go out and admit it like that. Creates a whole other animal.

Gay Ork Wang
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
how did i know that DMW would defend that

FlyingElvis
09-25-2009, 01:05 PM
"They said they were sorry, and offered Mike his money back. Surely, that took the sting out of what Mike and his family went through on Sunday Night, with the lack of bathroom access and inability to actually walk inside the stadium and what not."

This ^ plus
they may get their tickets back but they dont get their $80 parking back or their ******* time wasted, or the stress they had to deal with in order to get there. what a ******* shame.
This ^

Saying that fans who purchased tickets solely to say they were there makes it their choice to be refused the right to use the facitilties or even STEP INSIDE the stadium is pretty ridiculous.

She's hawt. Needs a boob-job though.
Or she just needs to eat. A few meals would have her body in a healthy state that would include a nice rack.

MetSox17
09-25-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't think anyone is defending it. But like DMW, i don't give a **** that some idiot fans got screwed over. They knew what they were getting into.

Gay Ork Wang
09-25-2009, 01:14 PM
i bet you guys would be the ones that would be the first to be enraged to not be let inside.

I mean youve got to think, some people could have or prolly did travel a long distance to get there. Wasting a whole day is a lot. I dont see how this is not a big deal to just **** over so many people. its not like they didnt let a couple of people in, its 20000 people. thats basically a whole town.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 01:14 PM
How deep does your homerism run, when in a thread describing your team treating your fellow fans like absolute trash, you pipe up to sing the praises of the guy who would have hosed you as quickly as the other fans he just did.

I agree Jerry Jones is a good business man, thats obvious...he's a billionaire. But jeebus, this is not the place for that. This thread should be nothing but disgust for this move....because it is disgusting.
You're cracking me up! :D "less than thrilled with the experience" equates to treating fans like absolute trash? LMFAO.

The dude bought a "PARTY PASS". He didn't buy a seat! WTF did he expect? Catering and lap dances? Weren't the elevated bar dancers enough? hahaha.

You tell me that those 30,000 fans were upset with their experience if the Cowboys win. The F with that. This is one outspoken fan... and as they say... the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I WISH I could've been at that game! You're talking about he Grand Opening of that Stadium.. only happens ONCE. EVER. It would've been AWESOME! Can't buy that kind of experience. ...and don't tell me you wouldn't feel the same about your own team. BAH.

...btw, why do you guys care if Jerry has the record? That's the same reason he cares. ;)

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
i bet you guys would be the ones that would be the first to be enraged to not be let inside.

I mean youve got to think, some people could have or prolly did travel a long distance to get there. Wasting a whole day is a lot. I dont see how this is not a big deal to just **** over so many people. its not like they didnt let a couple of people in, its 20000 people. thats basically a whole town.
Get real. They knew what kind of tickets they were buying. I'm not buying the innocent card.

Forenci
09-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Get real. They knew what kind of tickets they were buying. I'm not buying the innocent card.

They knew they wouldn't be able to use the bathrooms and walk around the stadium?

I somehow doubt that was mentioned when they bought the tickets.

FlyingElvis
09-25-2009, 01:25 PM
From the Cowboys site:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/partypass/partypassFAQ.cfm

Show me where they're told they won't ever actually be able to set foot in the building or use restrooms.

This was a douche maneuver by the Cowboys. And no, I don't care about attentdance records. There are people who actually have so little in their lives that they care about that type of ****? Mindboggling.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
OK Dalls fans defending this, you seem to be missing the point. D0Unit, you just said that you would have loved to be there. .. What if you were in a position where you could only afford those tickets? And you were denied entrance? With the excitement of being there, you'd sure as hell be pissed off, and if you say you wouldn't you are flat out lying...

Hooray for Jerry Jones, he set the attendance record at the cost (however minor or major is up to your intermretation) of 20,000 of those fans, or approximately 1/5th of the total attendance of that game...

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
They knew they wouldn't be able to use the bathrooms and walk around the stadium?

I somehow doubt that was mentioned when they bought the tickets.
Did his complaint say that? Where is this coming from?

From the Cowboys site, it said they would be able to walk around the concourses, see the screen from the railings, etc etc. We're talking $29 bucks. How screwed did he get? Was this the general opinion of all 30K fans or just a small fraction?

I wouldn't even doubt if "Mike" was a Giants fan who went to the game. LMAO. You don't know!!!!

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 01:35 PM
OK Dalls fans defending this, you seem to be missing the point. D0Unit, you just said that you would have loved to be there. .. What if you were in a position where you could only afford those tickets? And you were denied entrance? With the excitement of being there, you'd sure as hell be pissed off, and if you say you wouldn't you are flat out lying...

Hooray for Jerry Jones, he set the attendance record at the cost (however minor or major is up to your intermretation) of 20,000 of those fans, or approximately 1/5th of the total attendance of that game...
How can I bet upset at being denied to something I didn't purchase the priviledge for?

If you go to a concert and pay to be in the front row are you gonna be pissed because you can't get backstage??? WTF?

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
How can I bet upset at being denied to something I didn't purchase the priviledge for?

If you go to a concert and pay to be in the front row are you gonna be pissed because you can't get backstage??? WTF?

Try to put yourslef in his situation, that's what I am trying to say.

You are talking about something completely irrelevant with the concert.

You just said it in the earlier post, those tickets say you can go in the concourse and see the screen. If they weren't even allowed in, they could do none of that, so he got nothing that he paid for. Sure its 29 bucks for the ticket, then you have to include the cost of gas getting there, the parking, the food/drinks you may have brought, I'll bet that adds up to a total of around 100 bucks, if not more. Either way, he didn't get what he was promised, and that is wrong.

29 times 20K is $580,000. **** adds up.

Forenci
09-25-2009, 01:43 PM

From the Cowboys site, it said they would be able to walk around the concourses, see the screen from the railings, etc etc. We're talking $29 bucks. How screwed did he get? Was this the general opinion of all 30K fans or just a small fraction?

I wouldn't even doubt if "Mike" was a Giants fan who went to the game. LMAO. You don't know!!!!

...it said it right in the article fans couldn't get bathroom access and to the stadium, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

Of course because it's a complaint about the Cowboys you KNOW it must have come from some Giants fan. Nice.

Do you really think the Cowboys would have contacted Ticketmaster about a refund situation if it was a couple of fans? Seems unlikely to me. Just as you can say you don't know if it's a few fans you can't say it's not a majority of them either.

FlyingElvis
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM

From the article linked and copied in the first post. Would you like to go back and read it so at least your opinion can be based on the same information from which everyone else is working?

FlyingElvis
09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Do you really think the Cowboys would have contacted Ticketmaster about a refund situation if it was a couple of fans? Seems unlikely to me. Just as you can say you don't know if it's a few fans you can't say it's not a majority of them either.

Bingo. The Cowboys organization has already made it clear that roughly 20,000 fans did not receive the experience they purchased.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Bingo. The Cowboys organization has already made it clear that roughly 20,000 fans did not receive the experience they purchased.

Nothing can break through the homerism barrier, not even these futile words!

Borat
09-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I like how they offered the money back OR comp party passes to another game. So basically, you can get your money back, or you can come back for another crappy experience and once again pay for parking and food and drinks.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I like how they offered the money back OR comp party passes to another game. So basically, you can get your money back, or you can come back for another crappy experience and once again pay for parking and food and drinks.

But they won't be trying to set an attendance record anymore, so they will only be giving out 10K of those tickets, so hopefully, they won't run in to this type of situation again...

brat316
09-25-2009, 01:55 PM
But they won't be trying to set an attendance record anymore, so they will only be giving out 10K of those tickets, so hopefully, they won't run in to this type of situation again...

either way they made moniessss, you loose only $580,000...maybe another 10,000 standing room tickets for they next game. Compared to the amount you made from the cheapest parking $40, and the gourmet food your paying for.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Alright... no bathrooms is pretty pathetic and I too would be pissed if I didn't get to do something as promised. But during the game they showed a boatload of people all over the concourses and railings watching the game. So what passes did they have? I can't buy one man's experience and chalk it up as the same thing everyone had. Sorry. I'm not that gullable.

Maybe this guy was a moron and was trying to go through the wrong entrance. I dunno. Sounds pathetic. I'm glad the Cowboys are offering refunds. It's all about class. ;)

Gay Ork Wang
09-25-2009, 01:59 PM
**** the money they spent.
They basically lost a whole sunday

MasterShake
09-25-2009, 02:02 PM
The homers defending this defy logic.

2 things...

1. Who the F cares about the attendence record...its such a useless record. If the 49ers wanted to attencencde record or got the attendecnce record, I seriously wouldn't even think about it once or be happy about it in anyway. Its stupid and meaningless.

2. Its usually a pretty difficult bathroom situation at any normal stadium, so if they singled it out as a problem it must have been horrible. So a man taking his family of 4 to have a great night out had to struggle to get his kids into a bathroom, couldn't get them into the stadium (I'm sure his kids would have been crushed) and basically had a horrible time while dropping probably near $400 on food, parking and the tickets. Thats alot of money for the average family to be raped by Jerry Jones so he can have his useless record.

This is what Jerry thinks of the fans that are so loyal they will defend him even now...

LizardState
09-25-2009, 02:09 PM

Allow me to hazard a guess: b/c the modeling world that's p/o the fashion world is run of, by, & for *** men. They treat the runway models like cattle. Yet another reason to hate America's Top Model & all the other *** programs on Bravo.

I think the displeasure of the vast majority of Dallas fans with the play of their team on the field Monday Night is > the that of a few who werent happy with the seating & accommodations.

It's still a better venue than Texas Stadium where the actual facility was eroded due to the elements penetrating through the hole in the roof, like the pad under the turf rotting & mildew/fungus stinking b/c it never completely drained after a rainstorm. Even with the too low scoreboard it's less problematic with less design problems than their previous stadium. Texas Stadium was one of those good ideas on ppr. but just didnt work in the real world.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 02:25 PM
The homers defending this defy logic.

2 things...

1. Who the F cares about the attendence record...its such a useless record. If the 49ers wanted to attencencde record or got the attendecnce record, I seriously wouldn't even think about it once or be happy about it in anyway. Its stupid and meaningless.

2. Its usually a pretty difficult bathroom situation at any normal stadium, so if they singled it out as a problem it must have been horrible. So a man taking his family of 4 to have a great night out had to struggle to get his kids into a bathroom, couldn't get them into the stadium (I'm sure his kids would have been crushed) and basically had a horrible time while dropping probably near $400 on food, parking and the tickets. Thats alot of money for the average family to be raped by Jerry Jones so he can have his useless record.

This is what Jerry thinks of the fans that are so loyal they will defend him even now...
1. Who cares about attendance??? Hello? You sir, are NOT a business man.

2. The guy had a bad time and got him money back. What more do you want? Your overexaggeration about the food and parking is quite comical. You really believe he spent $400 on food and parking while buying $29 tickets? Talk about defying logic.... :rolleyes:

brat316
09-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Alright... no bathrooms is pretty pathetic and I too would be pissed if I didn't get to do something as promised. But during the game they showed a boatload of people all over the concourses and railings watching the game. So what passes did they have? I can't buy one man's experience and chalk it up as the same thing everyone had. Sorry. I'm not that gullable.

Maybe this guy was a moron and was trying to go through the wrong entrance. I dunno. Sounds pathetic. I'm glad the Cowboys are offering refunds. It's all about class. ;)

10,000 people is still a lot.

MasterShake
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
1. Who cares about attendance??? Hello? You sir, are NOT a business man.

2. The guy had a bad time and got him money back. What more do you want? Your overexaggeration about the food and parking is quite comical. You really believe he spent $400 on food and parking while buying $29 tickets? Talk about defying logic.... :rolleyes:

1. Correct, I'm a scientist. I'm about as far away from a business man as possible.

2. 29.95 per tick plus tax and I'm sure a "handling charge" x 4 = $140. Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums. Food would be about $20 per person usually at these stadiums...thats another $80. So we are at $240 from food, parking and tickets. Any type of souvineirs will take you over $300 easy, so yeah maybe I exagerrated a bit, but not by much. Still alot of money for a family to waste a Sunday being aggrevated.

wordofi
09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
No one questions his ability to make money. All these billionares got where they are in life, because of their ability to make money and invest properly. The issue is business ethics. As a former business student, that's something they teach from day 1 in business school. Is it worth setting an attendence record at the cost of shafting your own customers? Does that seem ethical to you? For a guy whose ego is the size of the new stadium, where does it stop? What is the next big event where they will screw you guys just to make himself look good? These are the things that make the other NFL fans hate the cowboys and Jerry himself.

On the one hand you got Jerry screwing you, and on the other isn't Synderbrenner taking some of the redskins fans to court?

Well said.

mqtirishfan
09-25-2009, 03:10 PM
1. Correct, I'm a scientist. I'm about as far away from a business man as possible.

2. 29.95 per tick plus tax and I'm sure a "handling charge" x 4 = $140. Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums. Food would be about $20 per person usually at these stadiums...thats another $80. So we are at $240 from food, parking and tickets. Any type of souvineirs will take you over $300 easy, so yeah maybe I exagerrated a bit, but not by much. Still alot of money for a family to waste a Sunday being aggrevated.

How did they get stadium food?

FlyingElvis
09-25-2009, 03:19 PM
. . . . Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums.
HA! Dream on, try $40-60 for parking. NE's "new" stadium costs $50 and that's considered the norm. A quick search yielded results claiming $60 for Jerry's new digs. I can't say that is a reliable claim but it sounds right to me.

LoL-erzzzz

The real question is: How long before some jackass attaches the word "gate" to this mess? Will it be JerryGate? PalaceGate?

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Evil King Jerry had the dancing bar girls throw hotdogs from the rafters into the crowded hoard of serfs down below.

Borat
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I think even MasterShake the Scientist could figure out that 30,000 suckers standing around looking at the world's biggest HDTV would be easy pickins for some nearby overpriced food court.

TitleTown088
09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
This may be a bit biased, but I think I'd have a hard time remaining a fan of a team who's ownership would screw fans over like that.

Also, why even mention it? All they had to do was issue the refund.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 03:55 PM
This may be a bit biased, but I think I'd have a hard time remaining a fan of a team who's ownership would screw fans over like that.

Also, why even mention it? All they had to do was issue the refund.
Hahahahahah... You guys seriously crack me up. You're more concerned about the well being of your fellow fan than your faithfulness to your team???

Give me a bleeping break already.

There are idiot fans all over the place and I for one don't give a damn who they are and what complaints they have.

I'm seeing some of the dumbest posts ever. Man... get a grip guys.

THE WHOLE NFL BUSINESS IS ABOUT MONEY. The NFL could care less about who wins the SB. Only we do. It's about $$$$ and we pay for it. Get a clue.

...why mention it? Somebody with a minimum wage job replied to Mike's email. Go figure. It didn't come from Jerry's mouth for crying out loud.

brat316
09-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah every owners job is to make money, and they screw over fans in one way or another.

If they didn't want to tickets would be cheaper for no blackouts, jersey would be cheaper. CBA would be done.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Hahahahahah... You guys seriously crack me up. You're more concerned about the well being of your fellow fan than your faithfulness to your team???

Give me a bleeping break already.

There are idiot fans all over the place and I for one don't give a damn who they are and what complaints they have.

I'm seeing some of the dumbest posts ever. Man... get a grip guys.

THE WHOLE NFL BUSINESS IS ABOUT MONEY. The NFL could care less about who wins the SB. Only we do. It's about $$$$ and we pay for it. Get a clue.

...why mention it? Somebody with a minimum wage job replied to Mike's email. Go figure. It didn't come from Jerry's mouth for crying out loud.

So let me get this straight... You care more about someone else getting money that you will never even get to touch, than a fellow person who got screwed over?

That is basically what you are saying here...

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 04:09 PM
How about this, D-Unit...

You, for whatever reason, are in Philly and have standing room only tickets for the Eagles, Cowboys game. You are allowed to roam the area around the stadium and stand along the ramps and whatnot. But Philly doesn't let you in because they purposefully filled it too high. Now you are there with your family, its cold, you've wasted 20 bucks on parking already, and now the price of the tickets. You are standing in Philly being berated by our crazy tailgaters, when you could be inside the stadium in your seat, watching the game. You can't tell me that wouldn't upset you.

Try to see **** from other people's perspective man, it seems to me you're being very immature with this whole thing, doing anything to defend the beloved Jerry.

MetSox17
09-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Well first off, we don't even know the whole story. What exactly did they not have access to? And what access had they paid for?

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Well first off, we don't even know the whole story. What exactly did they not have access to? And what access had they paid for?

Even D-Unit said the tickets included walking the concourses and access to food and stuff, plus much more, all of which is in the stadium. And if they weren't even allowed in the stadium, they were denied access to it all.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 04:24 PM
i don't understand your bizarre need to force D to have sympathy for some fans. like i said, if those fans are ticked off, they should stop supporting jerry jones. if they continue to support jerry jones, they're idiots and deserve no sympathy.

i fail to see why you and half of the other posters here feel some bizarre need to empathize with these people. either they'll figure it out and teach jerry a lesson, or they won't, and as such they're schmucks and deserve whatever future abuse he chooses to heap on them to make a buck.

Why should they even be in position to teach Jerry a lesson? It shouldn't have to come to that. I understand the NFL is a business, and the owners are there to make money. But there is a right and wrong way to do it. And I'm not trying to force D-Unit into anything, I just find it incredibly immature for someone to have little to no compassion for a fellow fan who got screwed over, and that is exactly what happened. Just because it doesn't directly effect you or anyone around you doesn't make it alright to do stuff like that. Treat people like you'd want to be treated. Obviously that is not the case, and a lot of people could care less about how they treat other people, but that is complete and utter BS. Its not like the Cowboys or Jerry Jones "needed" that money, Jerry just "needed" (wanted) to have something that he could puff his chest about, and it cost him the satisfaction of his fans.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 04:28 PM
How about this, D-Unit...

You, for whatever reason, are in Philly and have standing room only tickets for the Eagles, Cowboys game. You are allowed to roam the area around the stadium and stand along the ramps and whatnot. But Philly doesn't let you in because they purposefully filled it too high. Now you are there with your family, its cold, you've wasted 20 bucks on parking already, and now the price of the tickets. You are standing in Philly being berated by our crazy tailgaters, when you could be inside the stadium in your seat, watching the game. You can't tell me that wouldn't upset you.

Try to see **** from other people's perspective man, it seems to me you're being very immature with this whole thing, doing anything to defend the beloved Jerry.
Umm... I'd want my money back. He got his money back... and now that he did, I don't feel bad for him. Not that I ever questioned my loyalty to the Cowboys over it, like some of you said you would. LMAO.

Do you realize how dumb that would be?

I don't care if that happened TO ME!!! I would STILL be a fan of my team.

You guys just don't have the same level of "fanhood" as me, I guess. ;)

Don't question my fanhood! lol. :p

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Umm... I'd want my money back. He got his money back... and now that he did, I don't feel bad for him. Not that I ever questioned my loyalty to the Cowboys over it, like some of you said you would. LMAO.

Do you realize how dumb that would be?

I don't care if that happened TO ME!!! I would STILL be a fan of my team.

You guys just don't have the same level of "fanhood" as me, I guess. ;)

Don't question my fanhood! lol. :p

If that happened to me, or even another Eagles fan, I'd be pissed. Its wrong. Its wrong, plain and simple. And only one person said that it may effect their fanhood, so you're just rolling with one guy and now multiple people have said it...:rolleyes:

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Why should they even be in position to teach Jerry a lesson? It shouldn't have to come to that. I understand the NFL is a business, and the owners are there to make money. But there is a right and wrong way to do it. And I'm not trying to force D-Unit into anything, I just find it incredibly immature for someone to have little to no compassion for a fellow fan who got screwed over, and that is exactly what happened. Just because it doesn't directly effect you or anyone around you doesn't make it alright to do stuff like that. Treat people like you'd want to be treated. Obviously that is not the case, and a lot of people could care less about how they treat other people, but that is complete and utter BS. Its not like the Cowboys or Jerry Jones "needed" that money, Jerry just "needed" (wanted) to have something that he could puff his chest about, and it cost him the satisfaction of his fans.
Oh come on. The world ain't black and white. Don't give me this right way and wrong way crap. The guy got his money back. So he should just suck it up. I don't give a damn about him. What if you accidentally stepped on his foot and he punched your lights out because he was mad that he couldn't get in the stadium? Would you care about his story then? No you wouldn't. So don't sell me on your "what is right" theories in Pleasantville.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 04:36 PM
If that happened to me, or even another Eagles fan, I'd be pissed. Its wrong. Its wrong, plain and simple. And only one person said that it may effect their fanhood, so you're just rolling with one guy and now multiple people have said it...:rolleyes:
Where are you going with this? I'd be pissed too. But that's the end of the story. Yeah, it is wrong. That's why he got his damn money back.

Anyone who tells me to stop being a fan of the Cowboys over this is just plain stupid.

Borat
09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
D-Unit is right. Some people getting stiffed by greedy ownership shouldn't make your fandom waver.

The owner of the 49ers could kick me in the nuts and then take a giant dump on me, and I'd still be like, "Great job Mr. York. Here's $20. While I'm cleaning up your giant turd, could you send one of your flunkies to go get me one of your $9 beers."

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh come on. The world ain't black and white. Don't give me this right way and wrong way crap. The guy got his money back. So he should just suck it up. I don't give a damn about him. What if you accidentally stepped on his foot and he punched your lights out because he was mad that he couldn't get in the stadium? Would you care about his story then? No you wouldn't. So don't sell me on your "what is right" theories in Pleasantville.

I don't know how old you are, but you obviously aren't old enough to understand this at all. A man paid money for a product... And also paid money for other products, or services as well because of this product. Do you buy things for yourself, or do you still go through your parents? 29 dollars is nothing compared to the thousand dollar box seats in that staium, but to some people 29 dollars mean that they woke up at 6 in the morning, got to work at 7, and worked for four hours. Now I'm not saying you rely on your parents, but you mustn't understand the true value of that money to this man, who not only spent $29, he spent $29 dollars for his family of 4. That is $120, give or take a few. Then you take the cost of the parking, which as reprted through a bunch of people, was 60 bucks. I'll go on the low side there and say 50. Now the gas to get there, another $15, if this guy lives close, once again, being very conservative. Plus the food and beverage for him and his family to get there puts you at another 30 dollars, once again at a conservative price. That is 215 dollars right there at a minimum. Now chances are this guy doesn't have a high paying job since he has these tickets, so that is about 40% of his weekly pay... That is two days of this man's hard work to pay for that game. He can get that 120 back or go another time, spending more of his money, and he probably will, because he is a fan of the team, not the owner. His fandome shouldn't be questioned either. It doesn't make him stupid, its his appreciation for the game and the team that he loves. At the very minimum this uy got screwed out of 80 bucks, but it was most likely much more, closer to 150 or 200. You think 80 bucks, big deal... Well to this guy trying to raise his family that could be a big deal. It could go towards an added increase on this months mortgage or car payment, or food, or to help with the bills, but now he doesn't have it, and with families like that, every dollars counts. My family is like that, and my parents have sacrificed a lot, (and I only know very little of what they've sacrificed, I'm sure) as I'm sure this guy has. So don't go telling anyone that the money he paid means little, because in the situation that this guy is probably in, it is important. Not to mention Things they could have done with the rest of their Sunday, and the strain it put on them not allowed in, and making a dificult situation to use the bathroom...

And the fact is, this guy didn't punch the guy in the face, he handled it the way he should have and got the best results possible in this situation, so don't go changing the story.

steelersfan43
09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't think anyone is defending it. But like DMW, i don't give a **** that some idiot fans got screwed over. They knew what they were getting into.

Are you ******* serious? How does wanting to go the game make you an idiot fan? wtf is wrong with you?

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 04:58 PM
let's do a little experiment.

as a result of this, will you stop watching eagles games? will you stop buying tickets to eagles games? will you stop buying nfl licensed eagles gear?

I don't know where you are going with this, and quite frankly, I don't give a damn. People can say a lot of crappy things about the Eagles and the city of Philadelphia, some of it is true, but at least my favorite team doesn't feel the need to screw over the people that care so much about them and their team.

Vikes99ej
09-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm confused. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization are too classy for this!

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 05:16 PM
so yes, you will. in spite of all of this silly indignation over some dude who is getting his money back. you'll still put money into jerry jones' pocket, willfully. which in the end boils down to the fact that you also don't actually care. *shrug*

as to your other diatribe, do you honestly think driving is the ONLY way to get anywhere? DART offers an inexpensive bus to cowboys games. i'd assume SEPTA has a similar service in philly. no one forced him to buy concessions, when i've ponied up the money for a game, i actually use a bit of common sense and eat beforehand. i know it's a bizarre thought that doesn't at all fit into your "this guy deserves everyone's pity because he's just some average schmuck that the entire world screwed over" scenario, but unless he's an idiot, he really doesn't need to be out more than a pizza delivery's worth of change. and if he can't afford that, he shouldn't be going to the game in any case.

if all you want to do is whine about "fairness" and act a bit arrogant (because compassion for idiots is clearly the hallmark of maturity), feel free. i'll just call you a hypocrite.

999 times out of 1,000 they're driving. You are talking about a very unlikely circumstnace for a person who has a family, thus would have their own vehicle...

I'm not even talking about concessions. Chances are he paid for his family's food and beverage because he did just what you are saying, bought food beforehand.

And who is "pitying" this guy? All I am saying is what happened to him was wrong, and that if you don't care, it shows a lack for your fellow person, which is a shame. I'm sure if this was happening to you or your family you'd be the first one bitching and moaning about fairness. Don't give me that line about hypocrisy, because fi you were in this situation, you'd be the first one to have a fit over it. As you should. But now since its not happening to you or anyone important to you, who cares?

For you, if its a stranger- Who cares?

I'd love to know how I'm the hypocrite, because I'm handling this the same way I would if it happened to me, however I know for damn sure if it happened to you, you would say, who cares? I got my money for my ticket back. That is being a hypocrite...

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't know how old you are, but you obviously aren't old enough to understand this at all. A man paid money for a product... And also paid money for other products, or services as well because of this product. Do you buy things for yourself, or do you still go through your parents? 29 dollars is nothing compared to the thousand dollar box seats in that staium, but to some people 29 dollars mean that they woke up at 6 in the morning, got to work at 7, and worked for four hours. Now I'm not saying you rely on your parents, but you mustn't understand the true value of that money to this man, who not only spent $29, he spent $29 dollars for his family of 4. That is $120, give or take a few. Then you take the cost of the parking, which as reprted through a bunch of people, was 60 bucks. I'll go on the low side there and say 50. Now the gas to get there, another $15, if this guy lives close, once again, being very conservative. Plus the food and beverage for him and his family to get there puts you at another 30 dollars, once again at a conservative price. That is 215 dollars right there at a minimum. Now chances are this guy doesn't have a high paying job since he has these tickets, so that is about 40% of his weekly pay... That is two days of this man's hard work to pay for that game. He can get that 120 back or go another time, spending more of his money, and he probably will, because he is a fan of the team, not the owner. His fandome shouldn't be questioned either. It doesn't make him stupid, its his appreciation for the game and the team that he loves. At the very minimum this uy got screwed out of 80 bucks, but it was most likely much more, closer to 150 or 200. You think 80 bucks, big deal... Well to this guy trying to raise his family that could be a big deal. It could go towards an added increase on this months mortgage or car payment, or food, or to help with the bills, but now he doesn't have it, and with families like that, every dollars counts. My family is like that, and my parents have sacrificed a lot, (and I only know very little of what they've sacrificed, I'm sure) as I'm sure this guy has. So don't go telling anyone that the money he paid means little, because in the situation that this guy is probably in, it is important. Not to mention Things they could have done with the rest of their Sunday, and the strain it put on them not allowed in, and making a dificult situation to use the bathroom...

And the fact is, this guy didn't punch the guy in the face, he handled it the way he should have and got the best results possible in this situation, so don't go changing the story.
Did I really just read that? Sigh. Just stop eaglesalltheway. Just stop with the poor man's pity card. You'll understand when you get older.

I really think that Mike would laugh if he read that himself. Working 4 hours for $29 bucks was the kicker. Dude, if it takes him a half day's work for that amount of money, he shouldn't be going to any games... let alone being a head of the house for a family of 4.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Did I really just read that? Sigh. Just stop eaglesalltheway. Just stop with the poor man's pity card. You'll understand when you get older.

I really think that Mike would laugh if he read that himself. Working 4 hours for $29 bucks was the kicker. Dude, if it takes him a half day's work for that amount of money, he shouldn't be going to any games... let alone being a head of the house for a family of 4.

Once again, where is the pity? I'm just trying to explain to you what this guy is possibly going through. Did I say he gets 29 dollars in 4 hours at his work as an hourly wage? No. He'll work those four hours and get paid more than that for sure, but the money doesn't all go to him. It goes to paying for the bills, mortgage... etc (why I mentioned it in the post) Sure he'll make more than 29 dollars in 4 hours, but since he has obligations wrapped up in those things, his work will only get him that much to actually spend as he chooses.

Really, point out moments where I pity him... I'd love to see it. Unless you mean empathize with him, in which case, I do, I am in a similar situation, only I don't have 4 mouths I am responsible for, which is why I'm saving all I can now because I know it is important. But empathize and pity are completely different, so point out where I pity him, I'd love to see it.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Once again, where is the pity? I'm just trying to explain to you what this guy is possibly going through. Did I say he gets 29 dollars in 4 hours at his work as an hourly wage? No. He'll work those four hours and get paid more than that for sure, but the money doesn't all go to him. It goes to paying for the bills, mortgage... etc (why I mentioned it in the post) Sure he'll make more than 29 dollars in 4 hours, but since he has obligations wrapped up in those things, his work will only get him that much to actually spend as he chooses.

Really, point out moments where I pity him... I'd love to see it. Unless you mean empathize with him, in which case, I do, I am in a similar situation, only I don't have 4 mouths I am responsible for, which is why I'm saving all I can now because I know it is important. But empathize and pity are completely different, so point out where I pity him, I'd love to see it.
Dude wake up. You don't even know who you're empathizng with. For all we know he could be loaded up the ying yang! Now, you're just spinning your own personal situation into his and talking bubbles. Stop already with all the nonsense and pity. ...yeah pity... blah blah... has to wake up at 6 in the morning, get to work at 7, and worked for 4 hours for $29 bucks... that's what you said dude, so don't backtrack. Just stop. I'm done too.

Saints-Tigers
09-25-2009, 06:59 PM
This is nuts, this guy got screwed, not by accident, they knew they were doing it, and people are justifying it. I love my saints, but if they willfully screwed me, no, I wouldn't be buying more products from them at all, but that's not the point, he shouldn't have to worry about getting screwed out of something he paid for to begin with.

A lot of Bush voter logic going on here. Just because you support the Cowboys doesn't mean you have to justify every ****** up thing they do.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Dude wake up. You don't even know who you're empathizng with. For all we know he could be loaded up the ying yang! Now, you're just spinning your own personal situation into his and talking bubbles. Stop already with all the nonsense and pity. ...yeah pity... blah blah... has to wake up at 6 in the morning, get to work at 7, and worked for 4 hours for $29 bucks... that's what you said dude, so don't backtrack. Just stop. I'm done too.

If this guy was loaded would he have gotten the standing room only seats, or the box seats? Wait... don't answer that, everyone already knows the answer...

And this is not about me... at all. Just comparing my situation with, what is in all likelihood, a situation that I can empathize with.

Once again, name where I pity him or if I want people to pity me.

Rich people wake up early too man not saying he should have to be pitied because he wakes up at 6, once again, name anywhere where I mention this guy should be pitied. There are people with work that gets them up much earlier, and pays much better.

Brent
09-25-2009, 10:07 PM
DART offers an inexpensive bus to cowboys games.
Good luck on living near a DART station if you are the type that can afford tickets to the game, let alone within driving distance of one. Also, you have to find parking near said station. Unlike a lot of major cities, Dallas has a crappy public transportation system, it's really only efficient if you are going to the Mavs games.

D-Unit
09-25-2009, 11:15 PM
This is nuts, this guy got screwed, not by accident, they knew they were doing it, and people are justifying it. I love my saints, but if they willfully screwed me, no, I wouldn't be buying more products from them at all, but that's not the point, he shouldn't have to worry about getting screwed out of something he paid for to begin with.

A lot of Bush voter logic going on here. Just because you support the Cowboys doesn't mean you have to justify every ****** up thing they do.
Well, I don't blame you... we're talking about the Saints... easy to give up on them. lol.

Just because I don't give a damn about the fan doesn't mean I justify everything Jerry does. I hate a lot of things he does, so for you to take a generalized approach and call it blind homerism is ridiculous. ...common... but still ridiculous.

I don't care that the guy had a bad time, I don't care that he got his money back, I don't care that Jerry broke the record, I don't care that he made money, I don't care if Jerry continues to charge whatever prices he wants to. I love the Cowboys THAT much. One fan's misery won't affect me one single bit.

Saints-Tigers
09-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Trash talking the Saints huh. Not worried about titles from almost 20 years ago, we'll let the fellas handle it this season, I know you still remember the most recent meeting(or should I say beating).

Agree with the rest though, sort of.

awfullyquiet
09-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Good luck on living near a DART station if you are the type that can afford tickets to the game, let alone within driving distance of one. Also, you have to find parking near said station. Unlike a lot of major cities, Dallas has a crappy public transportation system, it's really only efficient if you are going to the Mavs games.

i would second this.

Staubach12
09-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Is it horrible to say I hope JJ dies soon?

MetSox17
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
you just completely contradicted yourself, or you don't know what the word hypocrite means. but that's here nor there. you're a hypocrite because you're complaining up and down about what a flaming tragedy this all is, but you have no intention of actually doing a damn thing about it. in fact, because you will continue to give jerry jones money (through revenue sharing, and by giving the eagles money), you're actually financing it. i don't typically continue to fund actions i find reprehensible. apparently, you don't actually care anywhere near as much as you'd like to pretend you do. THAT is why you're a hypocrite.

Game, set, match.

FlyingElvis
09-28-2009, 11:56 AM
I still can't believe the defense for this crap is to assume the fan is an idiot who somehow got what he deserved. That's more pathetic than Jerry's conscious decision to **** over his fans for a record only a moron could possibly deem valuable.

FlyingElvis
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
This thread is full of references to the "idiot fan" and other nonsense that tries to paint the fan as someone who should just shut up b/c he somehow knew what he was purchasing.

You're preaching to the choir on the money thing. Thankfully I have made no mention of people being hypocrites, cash cows, or any other nonsense along the lines of "you should no longer be a fan" so it's of no concern to me. I'm a Pats fan. I already had to come to terms with the fact that the NFL is not the place for a fan to impose their own silly moral code. Set that **** aside and enjoy the game, but at least call it bad form when you see it.