PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

Vince Lombardi
03-10-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070310/PKR01/703100523/1989

I've got to say I'm really impressed by how well Aaron is handling things (i.e. another year on the bench). He seems to be a good guy and has a real good head on his shoulders. I'm getting really anxious to see how he actually handles himself on the field though. I'm not ready to give up on him and trade him away like alot of people seemingly are. Hopefully these years backing up Brett really help him when he gets his chance.

ny10804
03-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I can only hope he'll be starting next year. I don't like the fact that our 1st round pick won't have contributed *at all* to the team until his fourth year.

toonsterwu
03-10-2007, 10:59 AM
It is somewhat mystifying to me that for the 2nd year, there have been rumors that the Packers are willing to shop Rodgers. While I was never a big fan of Rodgers, there was, undoubtedly, tools there to develop and work with, and the kid hasn't had a chance to prove anything yet. One possibility that I keep thinking about is that maybe Favre has secretly given an indication to the Packers that he'll play for a couple more years, meaning that the Packers might want to get value for Rodgers and draft another guy to mold (or mold Ingle Martin). I'm probably reaching in that theory, though.

It's a tough situation for Rodgers, as he is probably itching to play, but making any waves will make him seem like a malcontent, which isn't a good thing to do until you've gotten an opportunity. Honestly, if the Packers can get a good return for Rodgers, it might be tempting to pull the trigger on a deal and draft a QB to develop (say, a Kevin Kolb, who they are rumored to like).

neko4
03-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Say Drew Stanton.
I dont believe that Rodgers wont become a great QB, but I just feel that winning one for Favre is more important and I believe that there will be many good FA's next year and his year is good QB class

princefielder28
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Say Drew Stanton.
I dont believe that Rodgers wont become a great QB, but I just feel that winning one for Favre is more important and I believe that there will be many good FA's next year and his year is good QB class

Drew Stanton :)

ChefMike
03-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Wow don't give up on the guy yet ! Just cause he hasnt produced a single win yet... he also hasnt started a game yet. Being a Baltimore fan I know the trials of going through a 1st round QB that hasnt yet produced... but look at it this way. He is not going to be an overnight sensation like Peyton or Brady, Brett didnt play his first year and he wasnt even picked by Green Bay. He has a lot of things other QB's don't... the chance to sit and learn how to win behind the greatest QB of all time ! Don't go and draft another QB to develop.. draft tools and talent to put around him to make him great once he gets his shot. The NFL is not stupid... yes they make bad choices once in awhile but this guy was a potential 1st pick in the draft !!!!

TitleTown088
03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
He said he wanted to play his whole career in GB. Why not keep him aroud?

The Legend
03-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I can only hope he'll be starting next year. I don't like the fact that our 1st round pick won't have contributed *at all* to the team until his fourth year.

i dont i hope favre comes back :)

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
He said he wanted to play his whole career in GB. Why not keep him aroud?

He'll be around

TitleTown088
05-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Anyone know where to find some good Aaron Rodgers video?

jackalope
05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I still have faith that Rodgers will be our franchise QB. I don't see how some people have lost faith after he hasn't gotten much playing time at all.

EDIT: Oh, didn't realize this was really old.

GB12
05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow where'd this thread come from.

TitleTown088
05-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow where'd this thread come from.

ME, I want some video of rodgers and I cannot find it anywhere.

M1Koter
05-17-2007, 06:42 AM
I still have faith that Rodgers will be our franchise QB. I don't see how some people have lost faith after he hasn't gotten much playing time at all.

I'm with you

Moses
05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
It should also be noted that Aaron Rodgers is still extremely young. He's only 23 years old. That is younger than some rookie quarterbacks who are entering the league.

Vince Lombardi
05-17-2007, 01:05 PM
It should also be noted that Aaron Rodgers is still extremely young. He's only 23 years old. That is younger than some rookie quarterbacks who are entering the league.

Really? Wow, I thought he was about 2-3 years older than that for some reason. Like I've said all along I'm not one to condemn any player until they've been given a chance. I think TT passing on Brady Quinn shows that he does have faith in Rodgers and I can't wait to see him get his shot. Rodgers has handled himself like a real pro being stuck behind Brett for this long, when alot of other 20 years olds would be crying by now.

GB12
05-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Really? Wow, I thought he was about 2-3 years older than that for some reason. Like I've said all along I'm not one to condemn any player until they've been given a chance. I think TT passing on Brady Quinn shows that he does have faith in Rodgers and I can't wait to see him get his shot. Rodgers has handled himself like a real pro being stuck behind Brett for this long, when alot of other 20 years olds would be crying by now.
I fully support the Rodgers pick when it happened then and now. Drafting Quinn would have been a huge mistake though. As for his young age that's a nice +. John Beck, at 26, will be 3 years older than him as a rookie.

johbur
05-17-2007, 10:35 PM

He has contributed by being solid in practice. If you run practices and Favre's not throwing it, then you need a solid QB to be able to practice the right way. It also allowed the team to rest Favre's arm and save him for the season. Maybe having him on the team has kept Favre from injury. The defense also gets to practice against a quality passer.

Yeah, he hasn't done anything duing a game, but he was a good value when he was picked. He also has the potential to be able to step in and lead the team if Favre retires or gets hurt. Having A-Rod back there makes me feel good about at least one position on offense.

tombau
05-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not so sure the Pack's future will be in good hands with Aaron Rodgers. The "(Jeff) Tedford Five", as an ESPN.com writer once called them, keeps coming to mind. (Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller--all First Rounders!). Their individual and collective NFL careers could point to a mediocre one for Rodgers as well.:(

TitleTown088
05-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Apparently Rodgers beefed up with that offseason program and imporved his arm strength. now he's bigger than Favre. Favre dropped below 220.

princefielder28
05-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm not so sure the Pack's future will be in good hands with Aaron Rodgers. The "(Jeff) Tedford Five", as an ESPN.com writer once called them, keeps coming to mind. (Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller--all First Rounders!). Their individual and collective NFL careers could point to a mediocre one for Rodgers as well.:(

With David Carr, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, and Kyle Boller they were all expected to play right away and make an instant impact. Aaron has had the luxury of sitting and learning the game behind one of the game's all-time greatest. Out of the six, counting Aaron, I like his chances for success the most due to the time he had to learn.

jag
05-20-2007, 10:55 PM
So whens A-Rod supposed to be 100%?

Moses
05-21-2007, 12:09 AM
So whens A-Rod supposed to be 100%?

He says that he feels 100%. It's just a mental thing now and the doctors are being cautious with him at this early stage in the process.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 12:13 AM
With David Carr, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, and Kyle Boller they were all expected to play right away and make an instant impact. Aaron has had the luxury of sitting and learning the game behind one of the game's all-time greatest. Out of the six, counting Aaron, I like his chances for success the most due to the time he had to learn.

Learning is one thing but it's a whole different story stepping on the field and starting for the first time. You only way to really "learn" is to play, and Rodgers hasn't been able to do that yet. He's still going to play like a rookie when he gets hit shot.

Moses
05-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Learning is one thing but it's a whole different story stepping on the field and starting for the first time. You only way to really "learn" is to play, and Rodgers hasn't been able to do that yet. He's still going to play like a rookie when he gets hit shot.

No doubt about it. Still, it's nice to have a few years to learn the ins and outs of an NFL offence. Plus, anything Tedford taught him will be erased by the time he steps in as the starter. ;)

kalbears13
05-21-2007, 12:19 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CyJ4XMoQAwU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8hb1xKUJKfo

Watch Aaron Rodgers...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_XlzKFuAGak

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 12:23 AM
What was the point of that top one? If that was supposed to promote Rodgers, it really didn't.

The blocking one though was pretty sweet.

soybean
05-21-2007, 12:26 AM

i don't think you really would want anyone to learn behind favre. sure he's an "all-time great" but his style is his own. Molding rodgers into a reckless gunslinger isn't something you want to build your franchise around. Favre is a great qb but to try to emulate what he does isn't a smart thing to do IMO.

kalbears13
05-21-2007, 12:37 AM
What was the point of that top one? If that was supposed to promote Rodgers, it really didn't.

I looked up aaron rodgers on youtube and they only had 3 of them. I just posted them all.

roughrider30
05-21-2007, 01:23 AM
i don't think you really would want anyone to learn behind favre. sure he's an "all-time great" but his style is his own. Molding rodgers into a reckless gunslinger isn't something you want to build your franchise around. Favre is a great qb but to try to emulate what he does isn't a smart thing to do IMO.

He isnt necessarily learning from Favre how to be a gunslinger type of QB. He has a style of his own, and can pick up many other aspects of the game from Favre. For example, how to handle himself in pressured situations and just how to handle an offense and himself in general on the field. Just because he is learning under Favre doesnt mean that he is going to pick up all of his habits and try to emulate him. There arent many other QBs that I think would be better to learn under that Brett.

sweetness34
05-21-2007, 02:11 AM
I looked up aaron rodgers on youtube and they only had 3 of them. I just posted them all.

Gotcha, no worries.

johbur
05-21-2007, 02:13 AM
Looking at his college career and college numbers, he is more like a Steve Young, though he doesn't run like Steve. I think he is more athletic than Drew Brees, and look how he's done. Aaron has that type of game, and when he starts his line for the year will look like: 65% completions, 20 TDs and 7 Ints, with about 200 yards rushing. If GB commits to the Zone Blocking run game, then he'll have even more success as teams will be focused on not getting cut rather than attacking the QB.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 10:33 AM

Yeah, that block was Favresk.

princefielder28
05-21-2007, 02:14 PM

Football isn't all about mechanics and how you throw the football. Favre can teach Aaron how to watch film and how to break down defenses and other stuff that is vital off the field.

Hawk
05-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah, that block was Favresk.

I wish I had the video of when Favre up-ended this player on the Bucs during the SB year

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Anyone know where to find a picture of that game when Rodgers had that dank mushdash last year?

tombau
05-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Plus, anything Tedford taught him will be erased by the time he steps in as the starter. ;)

Let's hope so.:)

johbur
05-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Considering Aaron will have spent more time on the bench, and working with pro-coaches for four years or so, they should be able to mold him into the QB they want. He'll have the QB academies to work on his stuff, and Clements should be his best friend. If he still looks like a Tedford product, then it is our coaching staff that wasn't able to coach him up.

Football Fan
05-23-2007, 01:53 PM
i don't think you really would want anyone to learn behind favre. sure he's an "all-time great" but his style is his own. Molding rodgers into a reckless gunslinger isn't something you want to build your franchise around. Favre is a great qb but to try to emulate what he does isn't a smart thing to do IMO.Hasselbeck, brunnel, Brooks and Detmer all sat behind favre and all have been picked up by other teams and became starters for at least 1 year. They all have had some success, 2 have had a long career starting for other teams and 1 has taken his team to the sb. Rodgers is the only first round pick and will likely be a starter. Try to find a better example of so many backups of the same quarterback becomming starters, it wont be easy.

M1Koter
05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Hasselbeck, brunnel, Brooks and Detmer all sat behind favre and all have been picked up by other teams and became starters for at least 1 year. They all have had some success, 2 have had a long career starting for other teams and 1 has taken his team to the sb. Rodgers is the only first round pick and will likely be a starter. Try to find a better example of so many backups of the same quarterback becomming starters, it wont be easy.

Kurt Warner to

Football Fan
05-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Kurt Warner toYep, Trent Green and Mark bulger have had nice careers.

McBain
05-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Yep, Trent Green and Mark bulger have had nice careers.

Trent Green had a decent career before KW.

M1Koter
05-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Yep, Trent Green and Mark bulger have had nice careers.

I was refering to Warner being one of Farve's clipboard boys, then becomeing an NFL QB

Hawk
05-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I was refering to Warner being one of Farve's clipboard boys, then becomeing an NFL QB

yeah most people don't remember that Warner had a brief stint with the Packers

Football Fan
05-25-2007, 12:03 AM
yeah, I didnt remember that. My bad.